ShipBob Reviews

3.89/5 (64 reviews)

Jazmen Dixon

Overall Thoughts About ShipBob Experience

Reviewed 2019-09-18

I have been in partnership with ShipBob for 2 years now. Overall my experience has been a positive one. There have been hiccups throughout the years but what I appreciate about ShipBob the most is that they’re always willing to correct any mishaps.

Pros
User friendly software. Customer support is reliable & transparent.

Cons
Sometimes the response is slow with loading pages.

Response from ShipBob

Jaz, thanks so much for taking the time to visit with us in person and leave this review. Keep up the success!

Steven Staffan

Best Shipping Option for High-Volume E-commerce start ups

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Shipbob does a great job making it easy for anyone to run a high-volume e-commerce site. Their team is very helpful during the onboarding process, and their platform is very easy for anyone to use. Their support team is very responsive and clear up issues quickly. When I was in search of a company to package and ship, Shipbob was able to take inventory within days after the first call and our site was live shortly thereafter. I don't think there is anyone else in the market that has that ability at the moment. I still work a full-time job in banking and have very little knowledge of logistics or shipping, Shipbob handles all of that for me and now with their amount of locations growing it is only getting easier to service our customers in all 50 states.

Pros
The Shipbob platform is easy, their support team is responsive, orders get packaged and shipped and I don't have to touch a thing. I work full time in banking but still run a company on the side that generates a lot of orders that need to be packaged and shipped. This may the most user friendly platform and any issues are resolved quickly via emailing their support team.

Cons
The app works well but no where near as good as the online site.

Anastasia Allison

Changed my life!

Reviewed 2019-05-05

Before I transitioned to ShipBob, my label printer was an electronic leash. I even took it on vacations to fulfill orders. My entire life revolved around my (sometimes multiple) trips to the post office. I was really nervous to transition to a 3rd party fulfillment center, but I knew that what I was doing was A) no longer sustainable and B) preventing my business from growing. The ShipBob employees were friendly, personable and reassuring. They walked me through the process, which was incredibly simple and they eased my fears about sending all of my inventory away. The first week that ShipBob was implemented was LIFE CHANGING for me. I saw orders coming in, and I no longer felt the desire to rush back to my office to fulfill orders. I enjoyed time doing things with my husband and mom who was in town visiting. I WENT BACKPACKING AND GOT PAID without frantically driving back to ship envelopes. I re-discovered the freedom that comes from being an OWNER not an OPERATOR. If you are considering ShipBob, please do not hesitate or procrastinate it as long as I did. I will change your life and allow you to focus on the BIG PICTURE things for your business. In the past few weeks, my sales have SKYROCKETED. I truly believe that this is a direct result of letting go of the minutia and shifting my energy towards thinking about the future of my business. My business is now in a place where it will thrive and grow WITHOUT me preventing its success by grasping at straws.

Pros
Very very easy to use and intuitive. Seamlessly integrated with my Shopify store!

Cons
I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like.

Vuk Pop

A good tool, but the fulfillment is a different story

Reviewed 2019-10-29

The software is not so bad, as are the people in fulfillment - we have had products stolen from the warehouse, competitors' goods shipped etc. We can see who did it, but have no control over whether or not we want them still working with our product or not. The support try their best to remedy these things, and they are really great, but as long as these things keep happening, and obviously, terms and conditions don't really give you space to make up the damages to the full extent, this is not great.

Pros
I like how everything is nice, in big font and images, blue (rests eyes) and intuitive. It's really smart when it comes to WRO creation and simple to track costs. Their business model is really nice. The support is also amazing, and makes up quite a bit for the cons.

Cons
It's missing some features that one would need when managing stock - like a quick way to view historic product count. I would also like to see better and simpler integrations for expedited shipping. Generally, connecting stores is a drag, and should not be so complex.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jon MacDonald

Our Most Often Recommended Fulfillment Provider

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Pros
We're a conversion rate optimization firm who helps ecommerce brands choose vendors who add to the customer experience, which includes fulfillment. As you can imagine, having a fulfillment partner who can ship in 2 days to any location in the mainland USA is crucial to increasing conversion rates –– and competing with Amazon.

Cons
We honestly haven't heard any complaints once we've recommended ShipBob – and working with their team to help onboard ecommerce brands we've recommended has always been a pleasure.

Lauren Pinney

ShipBob allows us to scale to thousands of orders per day & excel with our customers

Reviewed 2019-08-26

We are able to efficiently get out our merchandise at a much faster rate with a much higher volume than ever before.

Pros
Our company is in the music business so having a reliable fulfillment partner that can efficiently get out merchandise to fans is a huge priority to us. Our business ebbs and flows depending on what we are selling and release dates, so finding a partner like ShipBob which allows us to go from a few shipments per day to thousands per day has been a game changer! They are able to keep up with the ever changing movement that the music industry brings and have been able to take our merchandise operations to a different level!

Cons
We do not have any downsides so far to Shipbobs services

Response from ShipBob

Hi Lauren, thanks for leaving your review and that we can partner with you to scale so quickly!

Tracey Wallace

Takes the hassle out of pick, pack, and ship so I can focus on marketing

Reviewed 2019-06-01

Pros
The ShipBob software is incredibly easy to use. It integrates directly with my ecommerce platform (BigCommerce), and once an order comes in – it gets shipped out almost always that same day (if its bought a little later in the day, then it will go out in the morning). I can pull reports out to analyze my overall shipping costs and spend, and decide how best to allocate my inventory throughout the warehouses. The noissue partnership is great as well, and now I have 2 stickers from them going in with each order!

Cons
I don't have any complaints. I needed a good 3PL software that got my goods out ASAP and picked, packed and shipped them like I would or better. These folks do that.

Response from ShipBob

This is exactly what we strive to be, a partner that allows you to focus on growth!

Grant Kemper

Shipbob is so easy to use

Reviewed 2019-11-13

Shipbob user interface is great. Their connection with our Shopify store is seamless. Their customer service is fantastic. My only complaint is there is not a reasonably affordable way to dispose of expired products. The best option at this time is to pick up the product in person.

Pros
Shipbob has a great interface and is easy to navigate.

Cons
No issues with the software. Just one small annoyance is the table layout (inventory > products for example) column width can not be adjusted. If several products have a similar long name with just a difference at the end of the title, it will go outside the column width and can only be differentiated by mousing over the title.

Tom Scott

Great inventory management

Reviewed 2019-05-26

Pros
ShipBob is the best way to manage inventory and get it to your customers quickly. The software is simple. I can manage my entire business from an app. It’s really simple to load inventory. They keep you updated at every step of the process. If you have any issues the customer support is fantastic. Highly recommend.

Cons
Nothing. It’s really intuitive and have never had a glitch.

Response from ShipBob

Hi Tom, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. So glad that you can manage your entire business from ShipBob. Keep up the success!

Anonymous

Once you set it up, Shipbob works very nicely as a fullfilment company with woocommerce

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Once it is set up and working, we will have outsource fulfillment saving in time, money, and potentially improving on customer experience. It will allow us to be much more competitive internationally because of the intenational shipping prices they can get.

Pros
Shipbob fully integration with your woocommerce store, automatically completing your orders and optionally sending the tracking information to the customer. Once it is setup to your satisfaction it works very nicely, and more importantly, handling & shipping prices are generally better that what any small company will be able to get just for postage cost, particularly in international shipments.

Cons
Implementation was harder than expected. Although the interface is relatively intuitive, it is not always super straight forward. Certain things require manual setup on their side, such as modifying the packing labels. Customer support has been slow to answer, particularly for technical issues with the woocommerce integration which took over a week to get the necessary feedback to fix the issue

Louisa Tsai

Great platform for those starting with fulfillment

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-26

Shipbob was a great and budget-friendly resource for my company's needs. We needed a fulfillment center that was easy to work with and didn't have too many requirements around how to package items for shipping. Shipping rates are fair and support is always willing to audit our orders for any discrepancies. I only have positive things to say about Shipbob and recommend them for any company who's looking for a fulfillment center.

Pros
The dashboard is easy to use. Customer service is great and answers all of my questions quickly.

Cons
Order and product pages load slowly. I've had issues with posters getting damaged in shipping.

Maarten Brondijk

The perfect fulfilment solution

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Awesome, perfect to directly get all the insights from the ShipBob dashboard. They made it visible for us that we ship most of our packages mainly on the East- and West Coast. We're now using the MV and PA location which helps us save shipping costs!

Pros
The stock is easily visible, really convenient that Shipbob has multiple warehouses all over the US. ShipBob is able to cover all of the country.

Cons
It can be difficult to see where which expiration date items are.

Eli Dent

Gave Me My Time Back

Reviewed 2019-10-11

Pros
It helped me offload one of the most time consuming tasks; order fulfillment. Shipbob has also helped me track metrics from a birds-eye view that enables me to make higher level decisions as an owner/operator without having to go in, aggregate the data, and then step back to see where the issues were.

Cons
Sometimes if I need support I will submit a ticket and I get 3-4 responses from their team. Its a lot of support which is great, but sometimes it can be hard to get eveyone on the same page about the issue, so I guess you could say there is almost too much support.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Nikolai Paloni

Simple, fast, great price

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Great service, great cost, easy to use, nothing to worry about.

Pros
The software is easy to set up, use and it’s compatible with Shopify. Tracking is made easy as is sending inventory.

Cons
Sometimes it is slower to load but this is not a big deal at all.

Marcus Yau

Amazing Service and Easy to Use UI

Reviewed 2019-09-27

ShipBob helped us transition from another fulfillment center and we realized what a professional fulfillment center should be operating at. Very easy transition from our old fulfillment center with a dedicated point of contact to start with and professionals in helping our business succeed with insight from the fulfillment side of operations.

Pros
Great service and communication. The onboarding process was seamless and our success manager was very helpful in implementing our specific fulfillment needs like available shipping options and inventory management. The customer support is fantastic and responds quickly to claims and questions. Creating WROs is also a simple and effective process.

Cons
Submitting claims is a little clunky. Honestly haven't really found anything that was difficult to use or that I wasn't able to do. We had a few very specific requests that they are looking into, but nothing that made managing our fulfillments difficult.

Erson Religioso

Grew too fast for its own good

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Customer service is very slow to respond and don’t listen. If they lose a package they don’t own up to it and blame the carrier, meanwhile the carrier says they never received it. Shipbob won’t own up to it.

Pros
Saves me time with product fulfillment.

Cons
Terrible and slow customer service. Shipbob regularly loses packages. I’ve lost thousands of dollars of packages in just 3 weeks. I now have to insure each package assuming it’ll be lost

Response from ShipBob

Hi Erson,

You have been a valued customer of ours for quite some time now and we really regret your "Cons" in your experience. While we are really happy to hear that working with us has saved you time with product fulfillment, we won't settle until we're viewed as a 5-star by all of our customers. Our team can help with any questions regarding insurance and different carrier options and we are looking closely into your recent carrier claims to see how we can provide a smoother experience for you in those situations. Once again, we appreciate your insight and thank you for trusting us with your fulfillment. Reach out to us (support@shipbob.com) anytime.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Keith Alaniz

Huge downhill change

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Absolutely terrible. I feel like someone is stealing from my company. They make it nearly impossible to talk to someone who can resolve issues and force me to put individual tickets for the hundreds of over charges and deal one on one via email alone with low level service reps. Conssitently poor packaging, late delivery, no tracking. I hate to leave these reviews because this used to be agood company. This shows you how a little investment can send a company downhill very fast.

Pros
It used to be easy to use but they have a ton of broken links (usually the ones you need which offer help), removed the ticket/orders tracker (presumably because their misorders and damaged orders were getting very high)

Cons
Broken links, zero ability to talk to anyone other than a low level customer service who cannot offer much help. They purposely inhibit your ability to download bulk information on costs so you cannot see they are systematically overcharging you. The bet is that it will cost you more in time to dispute all these charges then you would be willing to spend and you will allow them to keep their ill gotten revenue.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Lynda Warner

I would recommend ShipBob

Reviewed 2019-10-11

We did not have time to ship our products. The transition to ShipBob taking over was easy and efficient. Now our products are being shipped with no worries.

Pros
Out team loves the ease of use and prompt customer service.

Cons
There are no cons. We are very happy with everything.

Aaron Tremblay

ShipBob's customer service and responsiveness has made working with a 3PL a great experience!

Reviewed 2018-01-24

Pros
I like that the portal gives so much information in regards to best selling products, the sales velocity, and how to distribute between warehouses. And the dashboard gives very crucial information right on the home page!

Cons
I would prefer if the ability to merge products did not mean I had to remove the existing product from ALL of the bundles I had setup. I also wish it was easier to indicate when I needed a large order palletized, without having to manually input each one.

Tom Te.

Overall a great experience. There have been errors here and there that affected customers though.

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
Easy user interface to work with. Nice, clean and simple. Easy way to set up, track, and quickly send new orders from the interface.

Cons
It would be nice to have a live chat or support phone number for high priority issues. There has often been times we could have avoided a problem with a customer if a quick response happened. It was also be nice to have inventory levels automatically dispersed according to which DC's have the most turnover.

anne-marie mackay

Expediancy

Reviewed 2019-11-04

I like that when my customers order I can be sure the product is delivered in a timely way without any damage.

Pros
User friendly - efficient - reliable - on time

Cons
There is no down side to this software in my experience

Brad Beegle

Shipping / Logistics Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-11-08

While the dashboard has been very easy to use, I've been most impressed with the people at ShipBob. If I've had questions - their availability and responsiveness has been great. If I've had the very occasional issue, it was resolved immediately. Fantastic customer service and experience from this team!!

Pros
Very intuitive and straightforward in terms of customer use

Cons
No challenges to report - I really can't point out any issues from the functionally my team needs to run our business.

Christina Graham

Reviewed 2019-10-25

We are filling the need to handle smaller fulfillment orders from our website and everything has been great.

Pros
This software is very easy to use. You can sift your way through without even really knowing what you're doing.

Cons
I really like this software but I would love it even more if there were more reporting options. This is a great tool to utilize to help analyze our business/customers that are ordering.

Kat Schliemann

Easy to use and great pricing!

Reviewed 2019-10-03

I am getting my product out on time and with low cost. Who could ask for more? Love it!

Pros
As a small business owner my time is super important to me. So using ShipBob's simple, quick and easy to use platform has been such a great benefit to my business.

Cons
It could be prettier. I would like more colors on the pages.

Jake Vitaliano

SLAM x Shipbob Review

Reviewed 2019-10-16

When we started, they were moving to a bigger warehouse. This led to a few tech problems with the cost of shipping orders. Luckily this was remedied relatively quickly and they reimbursed us for the miscalculations. Since then, it has mostly been smooth sailing.

Pros
Easy to keep tabs on all orders, fast product uploading, easy to teach others

Cons
Not the greatest on mobile, can feel cluttered at times