ShipBob Reviews

3.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.38/10

Reviews by rating

As a small business owner my time is super important to me. So using ShipBob's simple, quick and easy to use platform has been such a great benefit to my business.
The onboarding process was seamless and our success manager was very helpful in implementing our specific fulfillment needs like available shipping options and inventory management.
I can't say enough good things about ShipBob. Their customer care team is great at what they do and make interactions a great experience.
Worst of all, we lost customers due to delayed orders and faulty tech related to shipping options.
The overall experience is that it is a very very bad service and company.
I've found no way of doing this since tyring to link it produces a system error. Total nightmare and waste of time to try to fix this through emails with customer support.

CJ

Courtney J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

A simply platform that allows you to focus on your core business-all with an amazing support team!

I oversee business development efforts for Natural Cycles and recently was tasked with taking over our US logistics. When I first took this over everything seemed like a foreign language but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Shipbob support team) reassured me he would be able to help me every step of the way! He has been incredibly prompt with his support and has taken several calls with me to personally walk me through features on the platform. He never has seemed frustrated (and with all my questions, I do not know how this was possible!). I just wanted to call the support team's superior service and recognize how simple the software is to use. The features are so straightforward.

Pros

The software was easy to integrate with our core systems. The order tracking is clear and concise. The analytics tool allows you to easily sort through the data and sku performance allowing you to focus on inventory tracking with ease! Submitting WROs have never been more clear and inventory management across all warehouses is seamless.

Cons

I truly have no complaints. The software and the support team are amazing!

MK

Michael K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

TOP - Overall Wonderful Experience

Pros

On the software side, the minimum amount of analytics are very useful, pricing per shipment and breakdown is honest and transparent, pricing issues are handled quickly, support is quick, reports are easy to export and the platform very easy to use. On the service side they are quick, well priced, and deliver with minimal delays.

Cons

The only real con is the lack of integrations. I believe they are introducing access to their API shortly. Once we realized the quality of the service, I think many would much rather they focus on upkeeping the quality of service since fulfillment is the real goal behind this partnership then to have them focus on integrations. That being said, we opted to integrate through ShipStation which solves almost any and all problems.

DB

Daniel B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Started bad, and got worse from there

ShipBob started with a promising offering. Onboarding was good, with a dedicated onboarding specialist on the account. But it was all downhill from there.The software is terrible. Not intuitive at all. Functions you'd expect to have are not possible.In my 1 year+ with ShipBob I've had so many problems. For example, orders from seller platforms don't sync, orders don't send on time, orders that shouldn't...

Pros

Most orders, if synced property and in the system correctly (big if), do get sent on time.

Cons

ShipBob Support. Support has been off-shored to people that have not been trained. Dealing with ShipBob support is the most frustrating part of my day.

Hi Daniel- thank you for your review here. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience with ShipBob was subpar. We take feedback very seriously and we are striving to improve everyday- so one of our cofounders would love to speak with you to hear your experience first hand and also take the opportunity to make sure we do whatever we can do make things right for you and your business. Can you please share your email address with us so we can schedule a call early next week? Thanks!

TW

Tracey W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Takes the hassle out of pick, pack, and ship so I can focus on marketing

Pros

The ShipBob software is incredibly easy to use. It integrates directly with my ecommerce platform (BigCommerce), and once an order comes in – it gets shipped out almost always that same day (if its bought a little later in the day, then it will go out in the morning). I can pull reports out to analyze my overall shipping costs and spend, and decide how best to allocate my inventory throughout the warehouses. The noissue partnership is great as well, and now I have 2 stickers from them going in with each order!

Cons

I don't have any complaints. I needed a good 3PL software that got my goods out ASAP and picked, packed and shipped them like I would or better. These folks do that.

This is exactly what we strive to be, a partner that allows you to focus on growth!

JV

Jake V.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

SLAM x Shipbob Review

When we started, they were moving to a bigger warehouse. This led to a few tech problems with the cost of shipping orders. Luckily this was remedied relatively quickly and they reimbursed us for the miscalculations. Since then, it has mostly been smooth sailing.

Pros

Easy to keep tabs on all orders, fast product uploading, easy to teach others

Cons

Not the greatest on mobile, can feel cluttered at times

PC

Puptection C.

Poor customer service

Pros

If you live in Chicago it can be convenient to place things in your inventory. Just started to make changes to the web interface..

Cons

4. It would take sometimes 2 days to ship out and get tracking numbers. Not as bad now.. But I still have to check your site to see if a order is going out and sometimes my orders can stay in processing stage for days and no one knows why... 5. No phone support... When I had a problem with orders I have to send a email and wait 24 hours. My customers have placed an order on my site and I can't just keep them waiting. No way to escalate problems.. 6. Sending out incomplete order, orders will be 1 of 2 and only one item is sent. I had to call the customer and apologies, then customer had to wait 3-4 days to get it the other item. Poor customer service is not a good way to stay in business... 7. Sending out wrong items..

JS

Jon S.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Easy fulfillment integration

Their overall product is amazing, easy integration into multiple retail platforms. It’s just the customer service aspect, though I realize there are a lot of variables at play, I’m sure they’re work it out!

Pros

Great macro controls over all components of fulfillment. Flexible ways of combining SKUs. Fast fulfillment on incoming orders.

Cons

The issues I’ve had are more with customer service. There are currently 4 of our items that are missing and I haven’t heard back from customer service on their whereabouts. On the software side, some of our customers do not receive email confirmations, seems to be an issue with ShipBob bouncing back to SquareSpace.

JP

James P.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Good Product

Pros

Easy to use and efficient product for shipping and delivering product to customers. Integrates with backend of website seamlessly

Cons

Sometimes the algorithm mistakes shipping costs. You need to watch to see if something is outsized cost

JP

Jesse P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

ShipBob building a Partnership

Our overall experience with ShipBob has been positive. There was a learning curve at the beginning for both parties. This is common in most working business relationships I have been a part of. After we provided examples of what we expected, ShipBob made the necessary adjustments to meet our expectations.

Pros

The software has made managing 3 different warehouse locations easy and transparent. There are easy ways to customize each order to match customers specifications. Th

Cons

Doesn't always update in real time. The work being done (real-time) is not always easy to see (figure out).

PJ

Phil J.

good company to get my small business started with!

Pros

pretty easy to use and updated in a timely manner. clean looking and big improvement over previous software version

Cons

sometimes gets hung up, doesn't process. would like to see a little more detail under my account charges

ER

Erson R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Grew too fast for its own good

Customer service is very slow to respond and don’t listen. If they lose a package they don’t own up to it and blame the carrier, meanwhile the carrier says they never received it. Shipbob won’t own up to it.

Pros

Saves me time with product fulfillment.

Cons

Terrible and slow customer service. Shipbob regularly loses packages. I’ve lost thousands of dollars of packages in just 3 weeks. I now have to insure each package assuming it’ll be lost

Hi Erson, You have been a valued customer of ours for quite some time now and we really regret your "Cons" in your experience. While we are really happy to hear that working with us has saved you time with product fulfillment, we won't settle until we're viewed as a 5-star by all of our customers. Our team can help with any questions regarding insurance and different carrier options and we are looking closely into your recent carrier claims to see how we can provide a smoother experience for you in those situations. Once again, we appreciate your insight and thank you for trusting us with your fulfillment. Reach out to us (support@shipbob.com) anytime.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Horrendous Service and Constant Overcharging

Terrible. If I could give negative stars, I would.

Pros

- Easy to set-up and integrate with Shopify

Cons

- Some of the worst customer service and communication I have ever dealt with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (the account manager) sold us and was responsive then, and since then hasn't returned a single call. - They baited us in with service until we sent our products to the fulfillment center and have been one of the worst companies I've ever worked with since then. They got out products, know it's...

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Bad Service, Can't count & Non-Transparent Pricing - "AVOID"

Avoid at all cost. They are terrible and basically hold your product hostage. I have been attempting to leave, as they have become almost useless and they are making my company look bad. Your shipping facility is a representation of your company and I promise this isn't a company you want representing your company.

Pros

It kinda connects to Woocommmerce, but it doesn't bring it over automatically.

Cons

- They regularly over ship products. I had one customer receive 65 more pieces than was order. - B2B takes 5 days to ship. - Pricing isn't straight forward. They seem to take a percentage of what they think the sale is. - Customer service is low level at best. It is basically impossible to talk to someone.

GK

Grant K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shipbob is so easy to use

Shipbob user interface is great. Their connection with our Shopify store is seamless. Their customer service is fantastic. My only complaint is there is not a reasonably affordable way to dispose of expired products. The best option at this time is to pick up the product in person.

Pros

Shipbob has a great interface and is easy to navigate.

Cons

No issues with the software. Just one small annoyance is the table layout (inventory > products for example) column width can not be adjusted. If several products have a similar long name with just a difference at the end of the title, it will go outside the column width and can only be differentiated by mousing over the title.

FG

Fernanda G.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great Fulfillment Partner

Pros

We’ve been working with Shipbob for a year now and have been very happy with their service. The integration with Shopify and Amazon is straightforward. Their analytics software allows us to have all the data we need to do inventory planning in an efficient way. Their technology let's us ship from multiple of their FCs which has allowed us to reduce costs and damages while not increasing operational complexity.

Cons

Before it was more challenging to understand historical inventory movements, but the new analytics software has fixed this by providing full visibility on daily inventory movements. Their software is always in continuous improvement.

CV

Christopher V.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Optimally Review

We have found that Shipbob takes an exceptionally long time to check in new inventory. This causes a nightmare in the supply chain and with angry customers.

Pros

Ease of use and automation. I also like the multiple shipping locations.

Cons

The long time it takes to load between screens.

MR

Matt R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Easy to get started and fast customer service

We've been very satisfied. We moved over all of our fulfillment to them three months faster than anticipated because of the ease of use.

Pros

Clean UI with easy features. It was also very easy to implement and move over all of our previous fulfillment platforms. The customer service is fast and thorough.

Cons

It can be difficult to get some SKU specific data analytics, but the aggregate analytics are solid.

LW

Lynda W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

I would recommend ShipBob

We did not have time to ship our products. The transition to ShipBob taking over was easy and efficient. Now our products are being shipped with no worries.

Pros

Out team loves the ease of use and prompt customer service.

Cons

There are no cons. We are very happy with everything.

am

anne marie m.

Entertainment, self-employed

Expediancy

I like that when my customers order I can be sure the product is delivered in a timely way without any damage.

Pros

User friendly - efficient - reliable - on time

Cons

There is no down side to this software in my experience

KS

Kat S.

Retail, self-employed

Easy to use and great pricing!

I am getting my product out on time and with low cost. Who could ask for more? Love it!

Pros

Cons

It could be prettier. I would like more colors on the pages.

Km

Karin m.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very SLOW fulfilment, does not meet deadlines, bad support.

We've had nothing but problem after problem after problem with Shipbob. It's been the worst decision to change over to them which we initially did because it looked cost effective. But remember, you get what you pay for! What you might save in storage costs will cost you your reputation in fulfilling orders on time, it will cost you time having to be on emails and calls trying to get helpful response from their Support team and time when they take a whole month to actually process and receive an incoming shipment.

Pros

Initial set up was easy at first and you don't have to be a big business to sign up with them.

Cons

It's totally inflexible and not designed for practicality for e-commerce businesses.

AH

Andrew H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

ShipBob is AWESOME!

We have had a great experience so far!

Pros

I can run a $50 million company with this software with little to zero issues.

Cons

There is nothing applicable to add to this box at this time.

We love hearing this and are honored to be a partner of yours in your success!

EP

Emily P.

Philanthropy, self-employed

ShipBob is Awesome

Pros

Having items in multiple ShipBob fulfillment centers, I can easily see the order, quantity, and location which makes planning and ordering much easier. I can quickly switch views with the ability to see photos and details with ease!

Cons

We love the software! Keep up the great work!

Hi Emily, thanks for leaving a review and so glad we are able to partner with you and GiveNkind. Utilizing multiple fulfillment centers and the transparency in your operations is key!

NR

Nikolay R.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Great overall experience!

Pros

Easy setup, many integrations, works with every popular platform out there.

Cons

No cons really. Any issue is addressed within 1 day.

KK

Kaushal K.

Retail, self-employed

Highly Recommended

Have had almost zero issues with them since starting. Shipments go out on time, and delivered without any problem. I don't even really think about it. They stayed open and functional during COVID-19 which was huge.

Pros

Website/dashboard is easy to use and see all of your orders.

Cons

Nothing really. They may not be the cheapest out there, but I haven't really shopped around since everything just works with them.