All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Mixpanel Reviews

Read the full review
There are many features that are really cool and useful in this software. I really liked the functionality of these features.

Read the full review
Great tool to get the insights about the users and products. Customer support is really good.

Read the full review

Cons

Expensive and sometimes reports can have data missing. Could be user error though.

Read the full review
Pricing is seen as its one of the major limitations. Beginner's are expected to face problems in understanding the interface of this software.

Shubham S.

Read the full review
It's not easy to use, but is very to implement and start to collect information. I miss some function to predict the user behaviour, because this we need to use another tool together.

4.4

Tracking user behavior is a must but we're still figuring out Mixpanel

We build a SaaS product and need some way of tracking and analyzing user behavior. Everyone talks about and recommends mixpanel, so we're trying to figure it out.

Pros

The new UI is really nice (visually), I love how graphs look like Mobile app is super snappy Integration is easy Automatic insights are actually useful

Cons

Building useful graphs can be challenging and sometimes counter-intuitive. Of course, I could watch all their education videos, but I simply don't have enough time. I think there's a lot that can be done in the "getting started quickly" category. Also, I somehow can not pin a flow-diagram to the dashboard or even save it

Great Analytics tool for Decision Making

It was a great product we use it on daily bases to track the user activity on our site and based on the research we plan our future goals.

Pros

1. It is highly useful for those products which are based on customer service over web like hotel bookings, resume creation, etc. 2. You can easily create your own events for evey page or action and track user experience on mixpanel that where are they mostly using and viewing on their site which helps in decision making to upgrade their products. 3. You can easily access the mixpanel data form anywhere just login to mixpanel site and you can see the realtime data. 4. It is also easy to implement on the source code of products . We just need to include one script and we are able to add events where ever we like to define.

Cons

Sometimes we face issue in profiling of the users.

Great analytics software

I loved it. It's really easy to use and the Segment integration makes it an amazing analytics solution.

Pros

The ability to get insights from data in minutes. No need to be an expert, it's really easy to use for any product person. Chart creation is really straight forward. Moreover, if you use Segment, Mixpanel will work great with it.

Cons

I think the product is great overall, if I had to pick one thing I least liked, it's got to be the pricing.

One of the best web analytics tools

- Web analytics - Mobile Analytics - Marketing Attribution

Pros

The best part about this app is that I able to track a mobile and web user of my application under the same umbrella.

Cons

The user interface is not the best for non-analytics or non-technical users but it is better over time with the new updates.

An Exceptional Analytic Tool

We have been tracking user events and Mixpanel has proved a great ally for that. It's easy to use features had made it stand out than other products in the market. I have been using this more for than six months now and not for once I faced any difficulties. It wasn't any arduous for me and I would suggest people who are looking for a great analytic tool to try this one.

Pros

Intelligible software it is, with user friendly interface. A new user doesn't have to be perturbed much to understand the functionality of this product. All the features are quite comprehensible.

Cons

There is nothing in this product to dislike. The price might bother a few people but in the comparison to the other analytic software out there the price of this product is very much acceptable, making this product affordable than others.

Basic analytics software for simple companies

Overall this product was easy to integrate and use, but ultimately did not provide the level of detail needed to run a successful data-driven business.

Pros

This product provides easy-to-integrate code and some very basic metrics for your digital products. It is easy to use for beginners in data & analytics.

Cons

There are many better visualizations and analytics metrics that could exist, but do not for the sake of simplicity. If you want to be more advanced in your ability to measure your data, look at other analytics platforms.

Hard to use at the beginning but it's a great tool after all

it remains a good and affordable tool after all i wish if they can approve their features more

Pros

Segment integration, Open API, good campaign tracking , funnel reporting and great user reporting aswell

Cons

rectoactive aliasing's missing, also it's not that much easy to use and navigate not user freindly

Management of digital marketing

It helped us manage the push and the DEM allowing us to do a / b testing and improve the performance of our instruments.

Pros

The ability to send push notification and DEM directly from the same platform. The constantly improved features and support assistance.

Cons

The difficulty of implementation and the non-accuracy of data

The best user tracking tool

The experience has been great. Although, I requested a refund once and it took a while.

Pros

Mixpanel is best user tracking tool I have experienced. With Mixpanel, you can tell the last location a user used your product from, last action, last login - You can track so many things with it.

Cons

Mixpanel is very expensive from my experience but then I guess it is so because it is a very good software.

Excellent tool for Product Managers and team

After implementing Mixpanel we could, first of all, understand more easily the data collected by analytics, user flows, and funnel graphs. After that, we could understand our gaps (where users were getting lost, where they were dropping off, etc.) and use that information to make improvements to our own product.

Pros

It is very easy to visualize and read on the screen the data exhibit. And it has a great set of filters and options to display and configure your own insights and reports.

Cons

I can't see anything against it. it is the most complete tool for this function on the market right now.

Great functionalities but not for its pricing

Great overall experience on the setup and tracking of information. But the happiness lowed down when we started needing more complex things and the pricing went up skyrocketed based on our users database despite the fact that not all of them are qualified leads for us.

Pros

The easiness to track information and the possibility to analyse it based on segments teams was great. The customer support has always been active and answered fast.

Cons

When we started needing more complex features, we found out that the pricing was too high and couldn't afford it. For the functionalities provided, we found that competitors much better suited our needs.

Mixpanel helps track user behavior and measure success for your application

I recommend Mixpanel to anyone who needs to do tracking of user behavior in web applications in order to measure against goals.

Pros

It's easy to use yet can become a very powerful tool to help understand metrics of web applications and behaviors of users.

Cons

Can be perceived as a simple tool at first due to its ease of use and clean UI and for more customized or complex tracking.

Powerful, comprehensive tool to track and analyze user actions and behavior patterns

It's a powerful analytics and marketing tool that helps you track and understand user behavior (who are your power users? which sources did you acquire them from? what's your churn rate? etc.) and make important business decisions about what you should do more of, what's working and what isn't.

Pros

Once you set it up properly, you can use Mixpanel to track every granular user action. You can save numerous details with each event that's important for you to know such as device, browser, country, campaign UTM, etc. Mixpanel provides you with several types of reports you can analyze data with such as Insights (break down user actions to show how many share X, Y or Z detail such as campaign UTM) and Funnels (conversions between user actions). You can also use Mixpanel to send notifications (email, push, in-app) to users based on their actions. It's a very powerful analytic and marketing tool.

Cons

Lately, Mixpanel has made quite a few UI changes. Some have been helpful, others less so. Example with a recent funnels UI change: if you add a breakdown (which breaks down each of the funnel steps by a specific detail like country), Mixpanel adds several different colored bars to the funnel, which makes it very difficult to visually see the conversions between each step. I'm not sure if they do any testing with users before launching new features or UI but their user experience would benefit a lot from it. Mixpanel also does get expensive as you track more user actions (events), but it's only powerful and useful when you track every user action, big and small. Otherwise, your analysis would be based on an incomplete picture and cause incorrect findings.

Data tool for more established companies

When working Mixpanel is fantastic. It can help companies see their acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and referral. But I think the product is primarily for more mature companies that have used queries and excel sheets in the beginning to make their initial KPI's. Don't use this from the get go as a startup. But use once you know exactly what you want to track, and get somebody on your team to be the super user of Mixpanel (data scientist) and do the same on the development team.

Pros

Mixpanel can tell you a lot of things about your users. Especially the Signal feature is great – we've used it as a guideline instead of having a full time data scientist. You can also follow different cohorts of users and create funnels to see where these users fall of or not.

Cons

The dashboard function is not great. Besides that the system is pretty complex, so you really need to dive deep into the tutorials to understand how to use it.

Very easy to navigate and pull your data

Pros

Mixpanel will be ideal for you if you need a simple, yet powerful tool for your SaaS product. One of their features that I've found most useful (and I haven't really seen it in the competitors' apps) is Signal. Once you apply it to your events, it shows you which ones you should encourage your users to do, and predict behavioral trends within your product. A must-have for a modern product marketer!

Cons

I wish it would be easier to implement your own data to the user profiles and events there. You also can't collaborate within teams.

Best Analytical tool

Pros

Mixpanel provides you best analytics. You can easily integrate it in your app, website, member area etc. It also offers email campaigns and push notification. You can easily create segmentation and target the audience easily. You can automate the campaigns and push notifications with the help of funnel.

Cons

Pricing is too high. Should support dynamic dashboard support for reporting.

I use Mixpanel every single hour a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year !

It's the simplest way to track app usage.

Pros

Sign-up was too easy and the free tier is very generous. Installation was time consuming but this is mainly related to our codebase. Segment integration is working like a charm. The best app for setting up analytics for SaaS apps.

Cons

Emailing user experience should be reimagined and made much more intuitive to match the amazing user experience of the whole app.

Amazing platform perfect for data needs(specifically for eCommerce and phone applications)

Incredibly strong application for assessing data and customer behaviour - perfect for serving notifications and emails to customers and this is often overlooked to Mailchimp and other strictly-email marketing competitors

Pros

-Incredible ability to send messages and emails with relatively no limitation -Very robust reporting on success and outcome of particular events coded into platform -AI and alerts activate on irregular activity -Very, very secure in keeping data safe -Many variables available to store and to track

Cons

-Somewhat difficult for new users and for trainees to use -Very difficult to maintain parity between users and their account on other software through any changes(ie. wrong email address gets fixed) -Reports are a bit tricky to create

Go-To Analytics

Pros

Mixpanel is the cleanest, most accurate analytics tool our team has used. We've tried Google Analytics, and other free services that have consistently shown us messed up data. Mixpanel is super easy to set up, it gives you the data you need in a digestable format and allows you to make quick decisions.

Cons

To be honest, I used to be quite upset with the pricing of this software but they have recently lowered the monthly costs and it is on-par with what I would expect to pay. Good job Mixpanel.

A great user research tool

Pros

A great user research tool for generating highly-targeted audiences and identifying user activity on-site. If properly set up on a high traffic site, it can separate valuable traffic from noise in less than 30 days.

Cons

Events get registered a bit late or not at all. This issue might be fixed now.

Event tracking platform

My product team is heavy user. Being in the Marketing team, I appreciate the reports we get from it, they really provide a deeper understanding of what our customers actually do with our product

Pros

It allows my product team to track the use and outcomes from each part of our platform. It's a must have for our product owners.

Cons

I can't really tell, as I'm not involved in the implementation, but my team says it could be made easier with a more intuitive set of features

Sophisticated but pricey solution

I really liked to use it and wish that it becomes more affordable at scale

Pros

- Quite easy to integrate Mixpanel event tracking in existing codebase - Granular control is provided about when we want to start tracking a user's events and when do we want to destroy it

Cons

- For small number of users, the solution is quite affordable but even for a small SAAS, the costs scale up so quickly depending upon the number of customers that inevitably you are forced to either cough up the money or change to another tracking service which would then take months of efforts.

Savvy tool for advanced product marketers

Without MixPanel we would wander in the dark without clear guidance.

Pros

MixPanel offers very important metrics related to product analysis which creating our path to the improvement of our software. I especially helps us in customer acquisition, activation, retention, but also in revenue and referral activities.

Cons

You really need to invest a lot of time to learn and understand how reporting works, how to create dashboards and other things.

Better than Google Analytics

Unlike Google Analytics, Mixpanel tracks everything and can help you understand your customers better

Pros

I know a company that uses Mixpanel to track everything a customer does on their platform, including where they left off and also encountered an error. Mixpanel also shows you a customer's location. You can also send targetted customer messages with Mixpanel

Cons

You will need a software developer to implement Mixpanel on your app or website. It's not something you can set up easily.

Super powerful analytics

Pros

I used to always use google analytics but have become a huge fan of Mixpanel. It's super easy to set up and to integrate into your workflow. It's easy to set up segmentations and flows so you can see how people move through your site or product. This has been hugely helpful in our ability to optimize conversion.

Cons

I'm curious how they can improve the collaboration abilities with teammates and allow for more streamlined experiments.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.