Epos Now Reviews

User ratings

3.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.49/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Great customer support, very easy to use brilliant for accountancy and amazing software.

AM

Anna M.

After being held to one time only only for this call price and grand promises of excellent customer service.

AJ

Aaron J.

Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving.

Denise Z.

Probably the worst over customer experience I have had across any industry. And this is not after one bad experience, this is spanning 3+ years.

AB

Adam B.

Insistence that the problem was Xero for over a week was frustrating until eventually a functioning link was established to the API (not a Xero problem). Then the problems really started.

I have tried since December to get this account paused and stop being charged. I've been promised every single week since the first charge that they would "pause," and refund the charges.

RG

Epos Now

Inventoria-logocaret

Inventoria

Compare both
How would you rate Epos Now?

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

Pros

- great 24/7 support team - elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs - cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

Cons

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive - As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Hello Wojciech, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team. We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases. If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at customer-engagement@eposnow.com. Kind Regards, Naiomi

Amazing

Pros

To be honest is pretty much nothing I consult with this software it is absolutely amazing I love the statistics on it the graphs all the financial information that you can gain and the simplicity of it all the amount of information you can extract about your business is Colossal.

Cons

Only downfall was the free tanning app. Not in-depth enough to move with the speed of our company growth. Tanning App was extremely basic. I approached them on many occasions to try and develop it further but it was not possible. There was no tanning applications that were able to integrate with it either. So I had to look for alternative software. Such a shame I really didn’t want to move from Epos now.

Care plan con

Ok. They sold us the caer plan and said you can cancel after 12 months which we have in writing and now they are saying we are not able to cancel so a bit of a con.

Pros

Overall easy to use and works for us and the reviews overall we’re positive

Cons

The customer support is terrible they have no clue how the system works. Have rang 10 time sift the same issue and they have no clue how to rectify the issue so gave up.

Not meant for middle to large businesses

I am the shipping and receiving manager for my company. A few of my daily tasks is to post and receive 200+ invoices weekly. Inventory management, market retail adjustments, sales reports, purchase orders, etc. It'd a very busy job. When we first got this EPOS NOW system we started having issues and they informed us the application at the time was unstable and so they switched us over to a web browser...

Pros

Easy to navigate menu. Seems pretty straight forward.

Cons

The constant "hang". Unable to connect. They keep adding features to the system without fixing the instability of current features and service connection.

POS system suitable for small retail outlets only

Still waiting to resolve outstanding payment issues

Pros

POSTouch screen , POS customer display. If it had of worked the intergrated eftpos

Cons

Unfortunately EPOSnow is not at all suitable for medium to large retail businesses. There are many basic functions it is not capable of doing and those that it is capable of doing mostly require you to download and pay for additional apps. We where not able to do something as basic as print off a customer invoice on A4. It does not recognise duplicate barcodes. The eftpos system that was sold with the product does not work through our store due to its inability to accept the "basic card". Salesman's knowledge of the product was very limited, they are the experts and I feel it should have been up to them to ensure this product meet all of my business model requirements. Very disappointed and have now returned to the old POS system

Terrible Customer Service

This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

Pros

Easy to set up and use for basic functions

Cons

No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers...

A great tool for any business

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Works for our store!

Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros

Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons

Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Do not purchase for use in Canada

Appalling. Tried to get a customer service manager to call me more than a dozen times. no call back

Pros

it looked like a good product, but the service sucked!

Cons

This system cannot use different tax rates in different provinces in Canada. I was told during sale process that this was possible, but after buying I was told it was not. After EPOS confirmed this weeks after my purchase and called me a liar, saying I was told this during the sale, I called back as a new customer. I was told exactly the same false information again. I was told it does work with different Canadian Provinces. This is a dishonest company. After they lied and told me I was told this during the sale process I asked to hear the recorded phone call, which of course they could not produce.

Don't get used to it working

Wish I did not chance POS providers

Pros

Pretty easy time set up and get working, good apps to make experie tailored

Cons

But every update creates a new problem. System start off decent speed but it does not last. When you call and after waiting an hour on hold they 'trouble shoot' for 95min before they say sorry buisness hours are closed where you are. You need to call back tomorrow and wait for another person.

Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly

When researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily...

Pros

What I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you don’t have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.

Cons

I wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out...

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions Overall look and style of equipment and graphics Price for value Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process Unreliable support during implementation Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Extremely Disappointing

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I...

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

Pros

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we...

Unhappy retailer

If it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.

Pros

The back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs

Cons

The help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con - The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to...

Customer Service

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers. We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships. As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance. We looking forward to hearing from you.

Very useful system for SME

Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

Hello Matthew. Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible. The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about profitability,...

Totally RIP-OFF

absolutely rip off, they advertise complete solution for £249 including till terminal, cash drawer and a printer. (to good to be true) when I called to place an order, I ended up getting it for £600 for that. here comes worst part, as I only received a till terminal without cash drawer and printer. I called them up to find out, they advised me cash drawer and printer will be dispatched separately,...

Pros

covers most of my needs,not a bad support team.

Cons

Be aware they con people easily.sluggish software, you have to buy all equipments from them so not compatible with any other hardware other than themselves.

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Pros

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till. I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent. I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem. We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was...

Cons

Best Epos system on the market

If your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys

Pros

Straight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came it’s was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow...

Cons

Extreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me I’d made a huge mistake and I won’t get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I won’t mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

Hello Steve. Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future. I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow. Kind Regards James

Glitches

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read. There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do! Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful. There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see. The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of! I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently. Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.

Good system with many feature and few limitations

Overall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.

Pros

Price and ability to manage my system remotely their website.

Cons

For a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen. The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

Hello Cesar. Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities. It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you. Kind Regards James

Almost there

It has been extremely useful to be able to access sales in real time from abroad. When I am working remotely I can still access the day's sales.

Pros

The ease of use of Epos Now is undeniable. They have made the software user-friendly and intuitive. Where it is not intuitive, customer support is standing by and responsive. I would recommend this particularly to new businesses to establish a POS system and track their business's success.

Cons

I had no problems with the software, however we operate under the Imperial system and the add-on that was available then (and to my knowledge until now) is in metrics only. This was a major problem for us and one we still deal with. Although the software was said on more than one occasion to be in development (and later told ready) I have yet to see it and customer service did not reach out to me when it was available. Some improvements are needed there in both developing software for the world market and in customer service follow-up.