Drift Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.46/10

Reviews by rating

They've built an awesome product, which does everything you need it to - but the fact that it is fun to use DRIFT makes it an even more compelling product.
We really had good opinion on drift and we're happy to serve our customers realtime with the help of drift chat widget and qualify the leads instantly.
Drift was buggy, did not work as described with segment.io and had numerous usability problems for end-users (customers).

JW

MH

Mike H.

VP of Customer Success

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Prime tool for connecting with potential customers

Transcript

Mike H.: Hi, my name is Mike. I'm a VP of customer success, and I give Drift a five out of five. For...

Ezra S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

My leads increased

Overall, drift has ben able to get way for leads and conversions. This does create a huge impact in growing our organization alot more.

Pros

I like that i can access new conversations not only form my desktop but smartphones so i can communicate a much a possible with website visitors. And also the option for someone to put in the email and name without asking

Cons

I do not like that the free version is limited as it pertains to automated messages. I guess thats similar for other chat apps.

Darien C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Drift is a high quality chat platform with a significant load time

Drift has a lot of great features, and although it can be confusing at first, it is well worth the effort. My only complaint (and the only reason I wouldn't use it at this time) would be the significant increase in load time on my websites, which caused me to look elsewhere for a better solution.

Pros

I inherited drift from my predecessor, and immediately found it to be a very powerful and useful platform. It offered simple chat solutions, sent follow-up emails to people who didn't see your chat automatically, and provided numerous other useful features. It had a simple chat window that caught people's attention and generated chats, all of which we found very useful for our needs

Cons

Drift has a couple key problems - one being the overly simplistic and confusing backend UI. For users, there were just so many options on the admin side of things, and using it, I immediately felt lost and confused. This likely would have been different if I'd been part of the team that set it up, but starting to use the platform required quite a learning curve to customize it to our needs. Perhaps...

Darien, Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. This feedback is really important to ensuring we can improve for our customers. I'd love the opportunity to introduce you to our produce team if you'd be open to chatting more. Feel free to contact me directly at jhogan@drift.com. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

OM

Olivier M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Not a good way to do business

Just an awful approach to customer service and the worse experience with a vendor after 15 years in IT. We have lost a couple of months because of them, and we are now going with another solution, which is 7x cheaper plus delivers most of the features, if not the fanciest ones.

Pros

The advanced features are interesting but they lack some of the basics

Cons

The main issue is not the software, but the way drift does business. I am taking the time to write this review because there should be consequences to a firm reputation when they are misleading people. 1. Drift refused any free trial and only accepted to provide a tech demo where we were told everything would be fine 2. After sign up, we got ZERO access to the implementation team, which service was...

Aaron J R.

11-50 employees

Great way to add essential chat functionality to your website

Great way to provide value to visitors and be able to clearly communicate.

Pros

Drift is an easy way to bring chat to your site - especially when people are less and less willing to browse your site for answers and don't trust you'll ever respond to your "contact us" form. We've enjoyed using Drift and really like how seamlessly it integrates in with HubSpot.

Cons

The only complaint I have about drift is some of the functionality that's behind a paywall. I understand they need to make money, but some functionality that seems like a basic requirement to me is behind a paywall and eliminates itself from the conversation of some smaller businesses that don't always have someone able to answer immediately at all times. That being said, even Drift's paywall is easily justifiable for the benefit it provides.

Andrey R.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

A modern way to connect with your customers

I still use Drift and will do further.

Pros

I implemented Drift in my website. The reason is not just I want to connect with my customers. but to show them that behind that e-commerce store there is a real person. Nowadays, people loves connecting by others by typing what they need or what questions they have. I use Drift app on my smartphone so I can answer fast to my customers.

Cons

My suggestion is to offer an option to choice louder or another sound notification when there is a user on the other side. Very often I can't hear that someone has just sent me a question. And then I miss the opportunity to answer.

Dan L.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

This has been a great tool to improve website conversion.

We purchased Drift to help our website convert more visitors, we definitely saw an uptick in conversions even if you take into account the amount of form fills it enviably cannibalized.

Pros

Drift is easy to implement and a extremely powerful tool for increasing conversion on your website by directly engaging visitors.

Cons

If you're looking to engage your entire Salesforce in using this tool, it can be quite expensive to purchase the seats. Also, it's not all that flexible if you're not trying to use it in a relatively specific way.

Chris C.

11-50 employees

Easy (and free) way to add chat to your website!

Pros

The pros over at Drift get IT! They have provided a great chat tool that is super clean, easy to use, and it just works. I run an e-commerce website and there's no doubt that having Drift in place has boosted my sales. It is a great way to capture new email addresses as well, which I have used in follow up marketing sequences, thus resulting in additional sales. Can't say enough about this software, I really enjoy it.

Cons

Everything isn't free! But, I get it. The additional features are worth paying for, and I will be at that point on my site soon. Looking forward to it!

Tamás R.

You can fell in love with a SaaS product.

Pros

Drift is the world's first and only conversational marketing platform. You can talk to your best leads real time on your page and create super personalized messages to get in contact with them.

Cons

Its features mostly are created for the US market and some parts of the software can't be used in my Hungarian language. But honestly, I can't really mention anything bad. The team shifts monthly new features. They are super fast!

Melanie E.

So Much More Than a Simple Chatbot

We have made use of Drift to replace the standard static contact forms on a number of client sites in various, very different niches, including real estate, banking, recruiting and direct sales. The results have been very positive thus far. It is easier for live reps to follow up with leads, emails are not being missed or overlooked and the chatbots themselves add an interactive dimension that seems to be far more engaging for visitors

Pros

Drift is intuitive and adds value to almost any site. The application is currently running on several of my clients' sites (under my management) with great success. Case in point. A Realtor client began an interaction with a site visitor browsing for information on his market in general. Via Drift several conversations led to the sale of a home. No email contact form can match that!

Cons

The iPhone app is not always as responsive as I'd like - better notifications would help - but on the whole, my experience with Drift so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Ishan S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Makes customer interaction easy!!

I am enjoying drift as it helps my customers to directly drop in a chat whenever they have any queries, this has reduced the number of support calls I used to get before drift.

Pros

It's ability to post internal notes that only your team members can see. It really helps during troubleshooting.

Cons

The mobile app is a little confusing at times and it takes time in refreshing, it doesn't auto refresh and doesn't display the recent chats on it's own.

Mauricio M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Drift Ninja

I've become a convert for Drift. I really dig how flexible the tool is. While the free version is very basic, there's so much you can do with it using its API. For mid-level customers, while it doesn't include full automation, the targeting is very robust. And the pro level, which I use, has all the bot automaton you could dream of.

Pros

There's a lot one could write here but having some experience with similar products, I can confidently say my favorite Drift feature is its data export capability. Drift's internal dashboard reporting is useful for day to day high-level metrics, but being able to export the data and dig through it to find meaningful metrics that drive decisions on messaging strategy has made Drift stand out among its competitors. The bot builder is unparalleled and their enterprise integrations are very robust.

Cons

I use the product just about every day, but I would my least favorite thing is their pricing structure. The pricing page on their site can be pretty confusing to someone comparison shopping.

Hi Moseph, Wow. Thank you, we are flattered. I'm thrilled to hear you're happy on all fronts, and it's giving you what you need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you! Thanks again! All the best- Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Cameron L.

I had high hopes but was disappointed by

Pros

Overall the concept of this platform is great and I had high hopes because of all the good reviews. The bot got more engagement than a just a basic chat box I had before that. Having the ability to use other popups etc was good too but pretty limited flexibility around the design of those.

Cons

I think some things may have changed since all the positive reviews regarding the software. I think this happens sometimes when companies go into growth mode. The support wasn't good, they tried but seemed too busy, often didn't take the time to read the detailed steps to reproduce I included in all my support tickets. Before anything was actioned we had to bounce a bunch of emails back and forth answering...

Jen N.

Construction, 11-50 employees

2 years strong

Very positive. The changing of hands in team members has been difficult, but the software is intuitive enough to be supportive independent of people at times.

Pros

The team and the development of the tool. The people are incredible. They are helpful, involved, and genuinely enthusiastic.

Cons

Being an early adopter, the best practices weren’t written well into our first few years and the software itself has gone through impressive, but drastic change.

JV

Jennifer V.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Great alternative to forms

Pros

I love the conversational nature of our Drift bots. It allows us to incorporate our brand tone of voice into interactions with web visitors, and the ability to book meetings directly within the chat really speeds up the followup process.

Cons

It can be clunky at times to set up the playbooks, but once they're in place they're great. I've also seen a ton of incremental improvements happen throughout the time I've used it so I can see Drift is listening to customer feedback and continually evolving.

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. I'm really happy to hear you say " I've used it so I can see Drift is listening to customer feedback and continually evolving." Please keep the feedback coming and let us know how else we can help you! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Internet, self-employed

Live Chat Platform that suits my needs.

There has been a lot of platform development in recent years. Newer look and better android app for example. I remember when the Drift android app had quite a lot of bugs, but now many have been fixed. I am confident in future development and still choose Drift as my primary choice of Live Chat Platform.

Pros

Live chat and Playbook work well, and widgets are easy to install.

Cons

There are no problems with functionality, but in my opinion, the customization options are still not enough. I would like more widget customization options, such as the ability to add a background image to the Live Chat widget.

Thank you for the feedback! Love that you're having a positive experience using Drift. I would highly recommend reaching out to your CSM about more customization options so that they can relay this information to the product team.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Powerful Tool but needs care and feeding

We have booked meetings via Drift bot. We in marketing see the value for sure and will continue to use features and functionality as a part of our demand gen and ABM efforst.

Pros

I love the ability to set up multiple chat bots/playbooks based on use cases. The ability to engage with a target account real time is invaluable. So we're trying to keep it simple, yet also set up playbooks specific to our campaign objectives and quarterly themes but the up keep has proven to be challenging. The option to also use converstional pages is awesome and integrating those into ABM programs has been exciting.

Cons

A lot of up keep required in the tool to keep it up to date and effective. Also need to train and remind sales teams often to close conversations and manage their bots. Drafting the right copy that will capture attention and encourage engagement has been hard so constantly testing and updating copy to improve bot performance

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. If interested, we have a program where we support the ongoing optimization of your playbooks. Happy to chat directly! - jhogan@drift.com All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Priyanka T.

Playbooks are WOW!

We got some kick-ass leads using Drift. Will keep using the tool forever.

Pros

I have been using Drift for more than 2 years and there is nothing I don't love about this product but I am here to talk about Playbooks today. It's amazing how you can set up custom messages to the web page visitors knowing their intent as per the content of this website. Great work!

Cons

None so far but while writing this review I realized that when I chat with my drift visitors while I type the Grammarly auto-correction does not work. It will show the error but it won't auto-correct.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Awesome chatbot for engaging with potential customers

Overall, drift allows a simple and personable way to interact with potential customers that visit our website.

Pros

Super personable way to prospect and direct website visitors to pages. Drift saves a lot of time for the sales team while also providing a great experience for customers and potential customers.

Cons

It may take a little bit of time to set up the chat bots if your site has multiple pages. However, the drift team is excellent in providing support through this.

Thank you for this. I'm glad to hear you've found Drift personable and it's saving you time! Please let us know how we can be helpful to you this year! All the best- Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

MJ

Mackenzie J.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

An Easy Way to Engage Website Visitors

Overall, we have been pleased with what Drift has enabled us to do. It makes our sales engineers more accessible to interested prospects and has been successful in moving contacts through our sales funnel. I would definitely recommend this service to smaller/mid-sized organizations who have the resources to monitor the chat inbox.

Pros

First and foremost, Drift was incredibly easy to setup and integrate into our existing website using just a small snippet of code. Once it was setup, Drift has successfully engaged with countless visitors to our website who may not have otherwise remained on our site or found what they were looking for. It's scheduling features are a great way to organize and rotate "on-call" teammates.

Cons

We were excited about testing the conversational bot feature that Drift has rolled out to supplement the standard chat window. We are somewhat disappointed with the current capabilities of that feature to personalize a landing page to our branding. As a result, users experience a somewhat jarring shift to a landing page that looks nothing like your own on a completely different URL.

CC

Catherine C.

Great tool to help improve customer experience!

Improved customer experience and lead capture and nuturing tool.

Pros

Drift is easy to use, customize and integrate into our Slack channels. We have a paid subscription with lots of benefits that fit our budget.

Cons

Not all features in Drift are customizable but working with the Drift team has been a breeze. I once made a request to implement a specific setting and 3 weeks later it was set-up and ready for us to utilize. My only wish is that the alerts would be more timely. Sometimes there is an up to 10 min. delay. For now, we have been refreshing the page/app more consistently throughout the day.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easy chat set up right to your website

Great product. Free version is pretty limited, but gets the job done.

Pros

I found that drift has a very nice flow and design. It was very easy to set up, and I've seen a great increase in customer interaction from our website when i am able to engage them.

Cons

Paid tiers are expensive. It looks like you get some great features through their paid services, but compared to other companies, they seem very expensive

SH

Senad H.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Connect with your website visitors - now :)

We were looking for easy to implement / easy to use website chat/interaction and after checking out several decided to try Drift. Implementation was really easy and the mobile app works as charm. As soon as someone interacts with Drift on the website, the message pops-up on the mobile device allowing us to reply in the real time. Would love to get more into Drift (paid options).

Pros

Drift is, so to say - sexy :) I love the look and feel much better compared to other website chat/bots solutions.

Cons

Although there is a free plan (that we actually use), paid functionalities could offer much much more (e.g. custom bots)... but!... Even the essential plan would be too much for our budget. So, all is good except the pricing :)

Wow, thank you for the compliments, you're making us blush! Thrilled to hear we've been easy to use and you've had a good experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there are other ways to help you! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Great platform, pushy upsells

Pros

The tool is easy to use and allows us to quickly onboard our users. The chat workflows are intuitive, and I love how easy it is to build bots to streamline communications

Cons

None with the software - they are the leader in the space for a reason! Their account executives are a bit pushy on upsells for additional features and functionality.

Jamie G.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Smart live chat

Pros

Drift was easy to set up and is a nice and simple way to monitor live chat conversations.

Cons

There have been some issues with push notifications, chats occasionally being missed.

Hi Jamie, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're glad to have you as a customer! - Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Drift has provided a new outlet for customers and prospects

Pros

Sales means being first to the plate- so being able to quickly engage and interact with prospects as they browse our website is huge. Also quick hit tech support questions are a big win when learning a new software.

Cons

The Salesforce Integration isn't great- however the UI of the product is.