ClearCompany Logo

Recruit, Ramp, Recognize, and Retain Top Talent.

ClearCompany Reviews

Suggested alternatives

bamboohr
rippling
workforcenow

Great user interface- excellent ease of use for managers that are NOT recruiters. Simplified application process available to candidates.
Great price, easy to implement, easy to use, great implementation and support team. You can add a sourcing tool which is better than those that you pay for with job boards.
A bit confused about what we have and what would be an additonal cost/add on.
The backend set up is a bit confusing and the Data does not reflect the same as the dashboard.
Interview Scorecards were extremely confusing, hard to access/change/set-up quickly and not user friendly once they were set up.

KB

Kitrina B.

Recruiter

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

ClearCompany Review

Transcript

Kitrina B.: Hi, my name is Katrina and I'm the recruiter here at VCOM Solutions. Our company is just...

Carlos H.

Used other for 6-12 months

It is easy to filter the right candidates for recruitment, we save time in the election and intervie

I have had a better organization and I can count on a tool to collect, inform and analyze data.

Pros

What I like the most is the help of the support staff, always willing to collaborate in everything necessary to continue with the process, as well as how easy it has been for the selection process for hiring and saving time in filtering the candidates and their skills

Cons

I do not like that he does not have a live interview feature. you can not link it to other databases and neither to be able to filter candidates within the same category based on their punctuation

EA

Elena A.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Experience

Very happy with our choice. Great people.

Pros

Excellent customer service, ability to speak to a live CSR is a undeniable plus. Easy to navigate and launch. Paperless approach

Cons

Printing option is not the strongest. Definitely needs improvement on printing formatting.

KC

Kevin C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Add on fees- BEWARE

Software is good but unethical business practices on trying to do add on costs without disclosing in the contract is unethical and illegal. If you have found this in your agreement, we should strongly consider a joint litigation against the company. This is rediculous.

Pros

Easy to use. Customer service for set up was good, but that was quickly obliterated by the poor add ons that they try to collect that are not in the contract. BEWARE OF THE CONTRACT- THEY TRY TO COLLECT FEES THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN THE CONTRACT.

Cons

I purchased Clear Company and have been using it for six months. I received an email from the customer service dept that there is a bogus additional charge they are trying to charge for additional 'competencies' in the system that were not disclosed in the contract. Cust support rep agreed the fee is not in my contract but tried to execute a change order to add the additional fees to my contract. This is unethical behavior in my opinion. I currently have two employees in my organization. Competencies are literally 3-5 word phrases types into their system that they are trying to charge me! If support team still work at the company when you move to contract, do not move forward. if they are fired, then I would consider their software.

JB

Jason B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Solid program with good support

Pros

This program is reliable, customizable, good support.

Cons

Cost increases over the years were significant. Forced me to look for other options.

CG

Carmen G.

Oil & Energy,

I highly recommend ClearCompany

I have found the ClearCompany recruiting and onboarding modules very helpful and easy to use. Coming from our previous manual system, they have saved me a great deal of time. The best thing about ClearCompany, though, is their excellent customer service. When I need help, I can call and get real help from someone who actually works there, usually my account manager, not someone in a call center somewhere...

Pros

Customer service; our hiring managers have immediate access to resumes; efficient, streamlined onboarding process; customized forms

Cons

1. I'd like to see an integrated, easy way to sort applicants on our side. We get a huge number of applicants seeking all sorts of jobs we aren't advertising. We have two "General Consideration" requisitions set up to keep people from applying inappropriately for jobs that require special qualifications. I have not found the Talent Pool feature to be useful in sorting these candidates, so I set up...

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Great Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Platform

It has been a wonderful experience and the platform is easy to use and effective.

Pros

Along with being a wonderful tool for recruiting, setting up and customizing ClearCo is very easy. The background setup allows you to customize everything you would ever want, including email templates, knockout question scoring, etc.

Cons

The reporting in ClearCo is lacking as it isn't user friendly and hard to find very basic measures. Another pain point is that the ScoreCard and Interview Guide do not populate in the same order, so there is some legwork when preparing for an interview. It isn't a ton of legwork, but it is annoying.

11-50 employees

Great software for tracking applicants and made a lot of our processes easier and more efficient

It was great to streamline our efficiency and was outstanding as a tool for performance evaluations. I really look for a sleek and clean design/user interface with any software and that was one of the things that attracted me to ClearCompany. It saves our HR department a significant amount of time and added value in some areas that we didn't quite identify needing it. I thought the customer service was great and I always had the help I needed when I needed it.

Pros

The best part was that it seemed easy to use for both the recruiter and the applicant. As a user, the calendar interface on the home page was clean and easily managed, which I used a lot. My team also parsed a lot of resumes in which seemed to be fairly consistent and easy. Overall, for the price I think it's a great investment for a company but I would recommend taking advantage of as many features as possible to get the most bang for your buck.

Cons

My company is smaller than most so some of the features seemed like they were for larger companies that had streamlined a lot of their processes. I use ADP for payroll and there wasn't really direct integration which was annoying. I like to create a lot of customizable reports and had trouble doing this without the help of the team.

CC

Chakradhar C.

Human Resource and Talent Management are not buzzword anymore

This is the only tool in the market which hire right candidates which matches according to our company's vision and mission , end of the day for us talent is secondary while attitude is primary and CLEAR helps us to accomplish that

Pros

streamlined the entire process of human resource management and aligning potential candidates to match the our mission vision makes CLEAR different from the competitors

Cons

everything works great , there is nothing specific cons about the tool except the design , i believe its long due design update also the UI and UX needs little update , Again everything works great

Internet,

Thank you so much Clearcompany!

Thanks a lot

Pros

This is a very powerful tool and it helps my business to grow. I am so happy to have this discovered.

Cons

So far its all good and very easy to use, I want to use it as long as I can for my business. Thank you so much!

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Great features once you customize

Pros

That you can customize the process and assign task to managers.

Cons

It was cumbersome to learn. At of all paylocities tools this was the hardest to use.

AY

Amy Y.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Most intuitive and functional applicant tracking software yet!

I have used other applicant tracking software solutions before but they were often cumbersome to use or never had quite the right functionality that I wanted. I love ClearCompany so much because it truly has everything I need in an easy to use system. AND just when I think it couldn't be better they come up with new enhancements! I have, and will continue to recommend ClearCompany ATS to anyone who has recruiting responsibilities, especially if they are a government contractor!

Pros

Very intuitive and user friendly to use. Various ways to access information and sort information to see what you need. The Clear Company team is extremely responsive to providing help but also listening to suggestions for future improvements. Their support is top notch - from online training videos, to online chat and a customer success manager who not only cares but follows up (and not like other companies who will reach out when they want to sell me a new feature). I also attended their 2017 Talent Conference in Boston, which was really a great learning opportunity as well as to connect with my

Cons

I would not say there are any cons, but we live in a time where instant gratification has become the norm and expectation. There have been times when I have waited 30 - 60 min for a response to my online chat request. There are new reports I would like to have, but I know their reporting function just went under an overhaul and I am working on moving to the new platform soon, so I am excited to see what the new reporting capabilities are. The only other improvement I could suggest right now is to make this highly capable software to be better suited for a global company. We have business in India and ClearCompany has helped us to utilize their system for our recruiter in India, but there is still opportunity to improve the system for a company doing business overseas.

AY

Amy Y.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

An essential Recruiter's tool - better than the competition

Pros

The ClearCompany applicant tracking system is very intuitive to use - for recruiters as well as hiring managers! You have many filters and options on how to see information as well, which is extremely helpful. There is so much functionality within the system, such as being able to forward a candidate to a manager, or replying to a candidate from the ATS and even having a copy of that email kept in...

Cons

The only thing that I would improve at this time is some of the reporting functions aren't working as they should be. I don't think it's user error at this point, but I am working with support to get what I need.

CM

Cathy M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

It's in there!

I have been with 3 different companies looking for ATS solutions. I used Clear Company at the first, tried to implement at the second and I brought it with me and implemented at the third.

Pros

The functionality of the software and the ease to tailor to our needs is amazing. If you want the software to do something, and it's not, it usually user error. If you want a feature, chances are it's in there!! The chat feature and online tools are spot on and the account managers are attentive and supportive.

Cons

I don't ways want to go to reports. I would like export options on individual screens. It's not a deal breaker at all. I am just spoiled by all the other features so now I want one click satisfation on this too.

MP

Melissa P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

User of Clear Company Everyday

From the Onboarding/Recruiting prospective, CC has been wonderful. We would have never been able to do what we do with the old system we had. Being able to onboard in the same platform as the ATS streamlines the process and the integration with ADP is very helpful.

Pros

Without Clear Company we would have never been able to work as efficiently as we did during Covid. We were able to have the onboarding and recruiting staff work remotely with ease. In fact, we have been able to keep the staff in remote work situations past the worst of Covid and have found our productivity has increased.

Cons

It would be nice to sort all of the requisitions by title. It would be nice if the career site could be posted by location then the candidate could click a city/county and be able to narrow down those positions. Yes, there is a search option but when you first go to the site and see 200+ positions it is a bad impression.

JH

Jeanine H.

Staffing and Recruiting,

ClearCompany HRM Review - by Jeanine Hinkle CEO of Hinkle Group

Pros

There were several, however my top one is Customer Service. I actually started using CCHRM with a client's company where I was trained from the ground up on CCHRM by CCHRM reps, and they did an outstanding job. Unlike other companies that are hard to reach after the sell, CCHRM was extremely responsive to my needs well after we closed the deal. They truly do take their quality of customer care seriously....

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about HRM - like I said I have used many systems and I keep this one because it does what it promises, and if I ever have ANY trouble or need a tweaking, they are 100% responsive and attentive to my needs as a customer.

DE

Denise E.

Retail, 51-200 employees

User Friendly and Regularly Updated

Overall Clear Company has a great understanding of what we do as professionals everyday. They stay up to date on what is happening and adjust or create new features to accommodate the ever changing world of HR.

Pros

We have integrated Clear Company with Paylocity and it works great. Implementation for the most recent platform update was smooth and the visuals of the new look are fantastic. It also comes with a great support team.

Cons

Lack of customization with some of the features, but I am hopeful there will be an update to those soon. Some automated resources don't print out nicely and I am unable to edit them in any way to make it easier on the eyes.

LC

Laura C.

Construction, 201-500 employees

I've become a believer

We've been able to tackle our greatest problem by implementing a more lean approach to hiring. I've seen an incredible amount of engagement from the team and they are always innovating to deliver to customers.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support, great interface and a really nice look. Initially, I wasn't sold on the software and was partial to my previous ATS. After a year of use in this platform, I've learned to love it and implement it more fully across the organization. I look forward to adding some additional features in the future.

Cons

The system is less intuitive than I've used in the past and requires a great deal of set up prior to implementing. However, that set up saves time down the line and you can maximize the product when you take this critical step.

cj

chesky j.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great promising Features, Terrible Actual Performance

Very attractive yet stay away until their software works without issues. After doing demos with many other ATSs and much research, I was duped by the number of reviews online by reputable sources.

Pros

UP-To-Date on many (almost all) industry features, such as a robust reporting module and interview scheduling module, even video interview scheduling and recording etc. Somewhat easy to use interface

Cons

Terribly glitchy. I'm constantly calling in with issues to be told that its a software glitch that needs to be investigated and patched - which seldom happens. These glitches are usually fundamental, such as a utterly broken reporting module. I have not ever been able to get a healthy report on any metrics - ever! Our uses couldn't login after we bought and implemented the program, because of a glitch that ultimately was resolved by Clearco internally building users for our thousands of employees.

LE

Lori E.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

satisfied customer

keeps our recruitment activities on track with ease of communication with candidates.

Pros

This ATS is easy to use, and they have significantly improved the userface over the past few years. When you get the right rep from Clear Co, it's a great partnership. The use of texting has been huge improvement for our recruiting team.

Cons

It does not have the ability for confidential requisitions. If you post a position, every recruiter in the organization can see it. Non standard integrations get glitchy.

MT

Mackenzie T.

Human Resources, self-employed

Very Strong, Very Expensive

Clear is a great option if you are looking for a one-stop shop, and willing to pay for extra features.

Pros

The HR on-boarding process is straightforward and reliable. Tracking candidates is easy and requisitions are easy to deploy. Customer service is expensive but very responsive and very helpful.

Cons

The platform is very inflexible in terms of exporting data, especially application answers. Usage of their API is behind a pay wall, and reporting is lackluster.

JW

John W.

Utilities, 201-500 employees

ClearCompany is a user friendly, adaptable software with great customer support.

Pros

They made the change from paper application seamless and were able to integrate with our payroll company. The system is user friendly and you can customize the online applications. We have had good customer service with any issues that we have had in the past.

Cons

The reporting is good, but could be better. They should add more options and ways to narrow down the data and have more options when exporting data.

JC

Jennifer C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

ClearCompany is great!

Awesome experience, never had a problem.

Pros

ClearCompany is a great tool to use in my position as a administrative assistant. I post job ads, connect with applicants, and get our new hires in. CC is a very easy, user friendly website, and makes my job easier.

Cons

I have no issues with ClearCompany, great tool.

ID

Idrissa D.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Robust platform that does it all

Pros

Started with the recruiting/on-boarding software and began to piece together additional platforms until we had a perfect solution for our business. I love value in the per user cost model and the dedicated customer support specialist is an awesome touch (chat/ phone support team is great too). User interface is easy to understand. Software roll out was well quickly accepted by all!

Cons

Our Accounting team wishes there were more payroll integration. The initial input of staff/new staff can take some time but overall it is an awesome system.

SB

Stacy B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

ClearCompany has been great!

We've been very happy with the platform and are looking to add more components to have a more robust system.

Pros

The recruiting platform on ClearCompany is relatively intuitive and easy to use. ClearText functionality, allowing us to text candidates directly through the platform, has saved time and provided a better candidate experience. Quick and easy to disposition candidates.

Cons

Days open calculation starts when the requisition is entered, not fully approved, which results in us doing a manual calculation for a true time to fill metric.

JK

John K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

I've used the platform at 2 companies with success, great value. Could be more intuitive

place to store resumes of applicants

Pros

Relatively easy to use, solid platform for Applicant Tracking, large or small companies. Not a better value on the market for maintaining files. - Responsiveness of support is above average - Flexible in receiving input for future version. Product continues to evolve

Cons

While it has "talent pool" as a function, it's not a feature easy to understand nor leverage. Because of it's feature rich design, it is constantly refreshing, and as a cloud product, slows down productivity. Interfaces with outlook/calendar are not as easy to use as they could be. They work fine, just slow, again. Not a great platform for managing candidate relationships.