kintone Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

I have accurate reports, solid information and feel confident in my presentations because of the ability to have reports at my fingertips.
Analyst in the utility industry, I was impressed with the ease of use of the Kintone product and the ability to come up to speed to develop a useful program.
Very easy to use; can pretty much do anything we need. Great community that shares info and customer support is great.
But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.
There is some functionality missing that I need for the vision I have for our database.
I have attempted group set ups & have had access granted and restricted where it was unintended.

Tara J.

Executive Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Takes the Stress Out

Transcript

Tara J.: My name is Tara, and I'm a homeless services provider in [inaudible 00:00:05], and I would rate...

Barry S.

Hospital & Health Care,

Excellent drag and drop database builder

I liked the software. It has helped us find an easy way to track certifications for our organization.

Pros

What I like most about this software it is super easy to build a database with drag and drop. Also, if you need something more advance there is a custom development team that is affordable

Cons

I think the look of the user interface needs to be updated. The visual design needs work as it doesn't look visually impressive compared to some tools.

Hi Barry, thanks for the review! So glad you're loving our drag and drop feature. It sure does help to build your custom apps with ease. I will pass on your notes about the user interface to the team.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

The People make the Product

Transitioned a complex database with many "many to many" relationships which don't seem to something the designers at Kintone make a priority but thanks to experts and determined support from the team, we've figured most things out. We have a lot of work to do yet and it can feel daunting but thanks to the support, it is doable.

Pros

The support. Figuring things out wasn't intuitive for me and without the support team, I'd likely not have seen the transition through. The team was unbelievably patient and kind and smart about ensuring we didn't get it fast...but correct. Support team truly was the best value and made all the difference in the world.

Cons

Challenging to use and learn. Lack of comprehensive tutorials. I would always search first for help but only found very basic guidance which made me feel terrible for always having to turn to support team to figure things out. The product is great if you are very tech savvy and have advanced skills... or if you have the team for support. But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.

Hi there, Thank you for your review! Our support team truly appreciates all of your feedback, and we're always happy to help whenever you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need assistance! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

TW

Tina W.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Kintone review

Hope for further future enhancements to make it more user friendly

Pros

It is better than what we had but that is not saying much. I am hoping that future enhancements will make it better.

Cons

Every time I click on an app etc. it keeps opening a new tab.

Hi Tina, We appreciate your feedback. Your comment regarding Kintone's user-friendliness will be duly noted and passed over to the product team. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Sean R.

Kintone simplifies data management at the cost of some functionality

Kintone has drastically improved our non-profit organization's ability to collect and manage data. An NPO lives and dies on the accuracy of its data. With Kintone, we are better able to present the effectiveness of our services to potential donors and grantors, improving our ability to earn more and better grants, leading to better services for our clients.

Pros

It is incredibly simple and fast to get a new app built and launched. Some of the smaller ones go from idea to launch in a matter of minutes. These are programs that would have taken hours or days to develop in Microsoft Access.

Cons

There is some basic functionality that I expect in any database or data management software that Kintone lacks. For instance, the ability to have a drop-down menu that also allows for a user-typed input (what Access calls a combo-box). If this existed in Kintone, it would help me to simplify a great many apps.

Hi Sean, So happy to hear Kintone has been a success for your NPO! As far as the product features, I'd be happy to submit your feedback to the team for review. In the meantime, there is always the option for customization within your domain. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you in touch with one of our Sales Engineers to review. Just email support@kintone.com. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

David H.

Semiconductors, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy-to-use platform with great potential

Pros

It is a good alternative that incorporates simple to use and very efficient tools. It has the drag and drop tool that speeds up the creative process without code. It allows the development of an ideal database to track our customers and web forms. Creating simple and personalized applications is very simple and necessary to process time in the office.

Cons

The only thing I have noticed is that its user interface can be more visually pleasing.

Hi David, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad Kintone's easy-to-use database functionality is helping your business. Please reach out to us if you have any questions and our support team would be glad to help. Best, Kintone Team

TS

Troy S.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Kintone Support / Ease of use

Very good experience. I recommend this software to everyone. If you are looking for paperless and an increase in productivity when it comes to entering data.

Pros

The support is very good. The software has made things a lot easier and faster for our production floor. The apps are easily built to our needs.

Cons

Ability to organize Apps in Categories.

Hi Troy, Thank you for your great review! Very happy to hear about all the great work you've been able to accomplish with Kintone, and our team is always glad to help if you need any further support! Feel free to reach out to us anytime! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Genesis G.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Kintone Review

Pros

Project management features are perfect for managing workflow and task. And it allow to customize data.

Cons

Nothing to least like however mobile app is a little slow.

Hello Genesis, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's project management capabilities are working well for your business. That being said, your feedback regarding our mobile app will be noted and relayed to the product team. We're always striving to improve our product and include new features for our users. Please check out our website for the latest product updates https://blog.kintone.com/company-news Feel free to reach out to support@kintone.com if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you. Sincerely, Kintone Team

Michael D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Easy Setup for a non-Techie

I chose Kintone because the sales rep was so much more involved and helpful than any of the other products I was considering. She was able to get me up and running with the free trial in less than an hour. Kintone really is easy to use. And even though I had a few roadblocks during the setup, I was able to find the answers online or through Customer Support. And the fact that Kintone is a database as opposed to most CRMs that are built for the sales team, I was able to build the solution I need.

Pros

Kintone is easy to use. I was able to get it up and running in less than an hour (although it took several more tweaks to the setup before I had it working the way I wanted). Customer Support is excellent as well.

Cons

While many parts of the software are well-designed and look really good, there are parts of the software (like the Admin section) that look older and could use a re-design.

Hi Michael, Really glad to hear you've been loving Kintone! As you mentioned, anyone can create a build on Kintone that works for them. Our team appreciates the feedback as well! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need help with anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Juan Carlos E.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Increase your productivity and transform your workflows

My experience is very positive. The platform has given me the flexibility and ability to build and customize apps without any programming knowledge. I can tailor my workflows to my specific needs and streamline my processes for greater efficiency.

Pros

What I like the most is its ease of use and its ability to customize and adapt applications without having any programming knowledge. I can create and modify workflows according to my specific needs.

Cons

One of the things that I did not like very much was the limitation in terms of the ability to customize the design of the applications. Although I can customize the fields and workflows, I would like more customization options in terms of appearance and aesthetic design.

Hello Juan, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's application development and customization capabilities are working well for your business. We're always striving to improve our product and include new features for our users. Please check out our website for the latest product updates https://blog.kintone.com/company-news Feel free to reach out to support@kintone.com if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you. Sincerely, Kintone Team

Brenden F.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Kintone is a great platform for creating form-based apps

They've got really good support if you've got questions, comments, or concerns. Their quote for getting more out of the software was reasonable. The pricing is great and allows non-enterprise users to access their platform.

Pros

Kintone offers a lot of functionality where you have form-based processes. It allows you to capture meaningful data from forms, create specific permissions all the way down to specific fields, create lots of apps, and generate reports from data fields. It was pretty easy to pick up on how to do everything we wanted and didn't cause a lot of brain damage on figuring out the platform.

Cons

You can't set permissions for tables within forms. We got a quote from them to do this, but for our client it wasn't going to be worth it.

Hi Brendan, Thank you for your review! Very happy to hear that you and your company have been using Kintone's features to the fullest! Our support team really appreciates your feedback as well; don't hesitate to reach out at any time if you need help! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

LG

Letlet G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Is kintone the Answer to Your Business Needs? Our Comprehensive Review

The requirement for a bespoke application to manage leads and track our sales pipeline is one of the most significant business issues that we have been able to resolve with this software. We were able to create a solution that met our specific requirements without requiring extensive coding knowledge or IT support thanks to the dashboards, workflows, and forms that are highly customizable with kintone.We...

Pros

I've struggled to find a platform that, as the owner of a small business, can assist me in developing bespoke applications that meet my specific requirements without costing a fortune. This is why I was thrilled to learn about Kintone. I can create forms, workflows, and dashboards that meet my specific needs using the platform's extensive customization and adaptability, even without extensive coding...

Cons

Kintone has a few great features, but there are also some drawbacks to think about. The limited options for integration are one of the drawbacks. As a user, I've discovered that, in comparison to some other low-code development platforms, kintone doesn't integrate with as many third-party tools and services. This can be constricting. For instance, I use a project management software that Kintone does...

Hello Letlet, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's collaboration and customization capabilities are working well for your business. That being said, we're always striving to improve our product and include new features for our users. Please check out our website for the latest product updates https://blog.kintone.com/company-news Feel free to reach out to support@kintone.com if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you. Sincerely, Kintone Team

SE

Silvia Elena A.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

LOve it

Really good

Pros

Love to used and the ability to customize existing apps

Cons

relationship between apps when you change this over and app it doesn't change it automatically we have to upadate :S

Hello Silvia, Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you love our easy to use, customizable product. If you're currently using Lookup field, I might recommend using Related Records. Related Records will be updated automatically when the changes are made on the source app. Another way you can update your records in an app is to import from an Excel or CSV file. I've included a link below on how to update records in bulk. Help Center: https://bit.ly/3d4yCLD Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

KM

Karen M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Highly recommend Kintone to improve your efficiency

Wonderful. Only criticism I have is that I wish, as a Partner, I had more access to some actual apps. I do not find the already completed templates that helpful. It is much more helpful to see it actually in use for different companies. I completely understand customers right to their own developed software, but as a Partner who has signed an agreement with you, I would think that my company could have access to look at different 'in use' apps with the understanding that they would not be shared with customers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is helping us to get access to apps one by one, but it has been a slow process that has delayed our sales effort.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. Helpful employees. With a bit of help from Kintone, able to do everything I have needed from a somewhat complex lengthy first project.

Cons

No. It could work a bit on its appearance (ability to easily change colors on background, font, etc.) but for its functionality, ease of use and ability, it's top notch.

Hello Karen, Thank you for your positive feedback! Happy to hear kintone helped you improve your efficiency. We encourage feedback and product requests and I'd be happy to relay yours to the team. Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Made it easy for a caveman

I am not a developer. I know how to spell HTML. The Kintone team took a concept I had and created a comprehensive client evaluation audit and scoring system that included multiple client support apps, like action planning. From day one until we were able to start testing initial versions was fast, fast, fast. The development time was a matter of months from start to roll out. The people we worked with were wonderful, honest and smart. The only challenge was that since I am not a "techie" - there were times their communications were a bit over my head. But they eventually learned how to communicate better with a novice like me. I was very, very pleased with Kintone and the platform they built and manage for us.

Pros

The system is quite robust, has multiple applications (audit, reporting, support materials, action planning), and easy to use.

Cons

Multiple clients cannot be working on their audit at the same time.

Hello, Thank you for your review and our team is very grateful for your feedback! As you mentioned, Kintone is a very robust system that can be designed however you want it to be, and we're happy that we were able to help turn your concept into a system that works for you! Let us know anytime if there's anything else we can help you with! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

BG

Bhargav G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best tool for increase your productivity

Kintone is very powerful software for companies that need to be more productive in less time. I have used Task Management feature of this tool and it's works effortlessly. I have setup multiple projects with this software and manage my tasks flawlessly.

Pros

Task and Projects Management features are perfect for managing your workflow. I specially like one more feature that sends alerts notifications about your work progress. This software is very easy to use and generate more productivity in less time.

Cons

I used this software for Task Management, for that I didn't find any disadvantage.

Hi Bhargav, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's task management capabilities are helping your business. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

EA

Etsuko A.

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great support, value and versatility

Kintone reduced our paperwork and provided a platform to share information across our organization. Very happy that we are on it now. Great value.

Pros

Versatility and the great support we get. Our Kintone reps are so helpful and flexible and go beyond our expectations to make sure that we have solutions to our problems.

Cons

Though our reps provided more than enough help for us to kickstart our learning curve, it may have been useful if there were standard templates for popular usages so that beginners do not need to start from scratch. Various templates may also give us ideas on how others are using Kintone.

Hello Etsuko, Thank you for your wonderful review! Happy to hear you were able to reduce your paperwork and manage information effectively within your organization. We have Kintone Marketplace which provides app templates that can be used for different purposes. Creating an App from the Marketplace: https://get.kintone.help/k/en/user/create_app/add_app_store.html Another great resource is our Customer Stories (https://www.kintone.com/customer-stories/). There you can see how kintone is being used in various departments across various industries. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

KC

Karlee C.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1-10 employees

Happy with Kintone!

Kintone allows us to be as detailed and specific in capturing information as we desire to be while remaining clean & simple to use. We feel confident that we will be a more successful organization because of Kintone.

Pros

This software is completely customizable. It is easy to use & makes us feel empowered in the success of our organization.

Cons

It takes some additional steps to get all of reporting done than the site we used previously. However, the detailed information we are capturing, the customization of that information, especially the transparency of knowing exactly how that information is being captured & translated, outweighs the additional time reporting takes.

Hi Karlee, Thank you for your review! Really happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have been able to accomplish with Kintone. We're glad that our platform has been able to help you grow! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help with anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

KV

Kateřina V.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

kintone Review

Pros

Kintone is user friendly and cloud based (accessible from any device). It is easy to share files and documents via Google Drive or Dropbox which can be easily integrated in kintone.

Cons

As it is a cloud-based tool, it requires an access to the internet and with a poor access to the internet the work is really annoying. Otherwise I didn't find any disadvantages.

Hello Katerina, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's user-friendliness is working well for your business. Feel free to reach out to support@kintone.com if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you. Sincerely, Kintone Team

BC

Bridget C.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Perfect Applications

Pros

This software is great for all uses at our manufacturing facility, from daily shipping audits to hourly quality checks. It is user friendly across all devices which is a big help.

Cons

There are no issues found at this time with the software.

Hello Bridget, Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly. Our team is always glad to help you if you ever have any questions. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

KK

Karen K.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great Customer Service

Excellent. Love it!

Pros

The support Kintone provides in setting up our data base and working with our firm was amazing.

Cons

Nothing I don't like about Kintone. Love everything about it!

Hi Karen, Thanks for your positive feedback. We are glad our customer service was helpful to your team Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

RA

Raed A.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Kintone is simply amazing

Pros

Easy to use and has many functions that can make life easy for users

Cons

The downtime is frequent but they do it during weekends so it’s not that big of a deal

Hi Raed, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone is helping your business. Please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

TT

Toshiyuki T.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

kintone

Very good.

Pros

Workflow process management, auto-notification, detailed level setting of permissions

Cons

Project management feature is not strong enough.

Hello Toshiyuki, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that Kintone's workflow, notification and permission-setting capabilities are working well for your business. We're always striving to improve our product and include new features for our users. Please check out our website for the latest product updates https://blog.kintone.com/company-news Feel free to reach out to support@kintone.com if you have any questions. Our support team is glad to help you. Sincerely, Kintone Team

1,001-5,000 employees

Kintone helps make our teamwork more productive and gives us power to manage our business.

Pros

Kintone makes any business better by allowing self-designed business processes. Everything is built & nested within our collaborative work-space leading to a lead in proficiency. It's also extremely easy to use to stay on top of key notifications throughout the day.

Cons

Workspaces you join can sometimes be cumbersome if you're accustomed to another layout but it gets easy quickly. Sharing applications & stats can sometimes take a moment to upload but only when collaborating simultaneously.

DR

Daniel R.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Excellent Tool, productive and power for business

Pros

Excellent aplication to teamwork more productive and gives us power to manage our business. 100% effective

Cons

I no have cons to this aplication because i increase productive in work, and is a grear software which allows to quickly optimize analog processes. Fits small and large organization

CK

Caleb K.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

We used this software for case management services. All managers love this program due to its easy management program.

Pros

Easy to learn and use this program -- Kintone is easy to use, modify and revise the functions to keep a project alive.

Cons

For the last two years, we did not find any issue of using this program. All functions and programs were great for managing a project.

Hello Caleb, Thank you for your great review! We're happy to hear that you find our product easy to use, and excited to see you further develop your project management solution and more. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions or assistance. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success