Submittable Reviews

4.83/5 (81 reviews)

Mary Jane Edwards

Submittable...How do I love you? Let me count the ways!

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Try me another day...I am out the door to a meeting.

Anonymous

Great platform but could work better

Reviewed 2018-08-14

In my opinion, user experience and interface matter. Submittable has a clean look that is welcoming to users. It's not a perfect platform and we've had to work around it. The team is very responsive, however, and seems open to improving their product. If only they could move a bit faster.

Donna Talarico

Submittable makes life easier. As an independent literary organization, we find value in this tool.

We save time.

brian palmer

Reliable and Effecient

Reviewed 2019-09-20

I enjoy my work, and Submittable gives me confidence to stay organized and productive. I will learn to do more with it as I proceed and learn how to utilize what's available that I haven't tried yet (e.g. blind readings, running contests, etc.) The experience has been a very good, and as we grow our journal's submission rate which correlates to our growing readership, Submittable, I believe, will be an excellent tool for me as managing editor and the people who assist me.

Jeff Streeby

It provides me with all necessary services as a submitter. It provides all I require as an editor.

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Submittable is convenient. As a submitter, it provides efficient mechanisms for making submissions and efficient tracking of those submissions. As an editor, it provides me with notices and updates to allow me to process submissions quickly and efficiently. Submittable is practical. As a submitter, a single page allows me to keep track of active submissions to several publications. As an editor, the features for reaction and response to submitters makes my job much easier. Submittable is uncomplicated, easily used, and easy to understand. As a submitter, these qualities make submissions tracking manageable. Submittable is used widely enough to be familiar to virtually all writers and artists who submit work for publication.

Donna Wallace

Not entirely intuitive, but doable for digital immigrants. "Chat" folks are responsive & helpful.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Ease of receiving submissions, as opposed to the manual email system we had in place. Also the ability to link donations as an option when paying. It's a timesaver in processing submissions that allows us to get right to the content, rather than shuffling emails back and forth to our editors.

Paul Roth

This is everything we could have hoped to help keep our submissions on track and organized.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

The only glitch I've had was when the "status" column was not working, but after contacting your service representatives, the problem was fixed within 24 hours. But that's not really a con, more a pro I guess.

Amy Siedenstrang

I administer an annual international photo competition for a non-profit conservation organization.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Submittable helps me receive and track hundreds of photography submissions from users around the world, and makes collecting payments effortless. The staff is helpful and quick to reply to my queries.

Micah Blumenthal

Reviewed 2017-04-17

I seriously don't know how we functioned before having Submittable. We host festivals throughout the country bringing together art, music and wellness. This requires having submission forms for all 3, plus a number of others, including an Art Auction. Submittable became the solution that we didn't even know we needed. The Art Auction is just the latest example of something that we have done in the past but finally realized Submittable was the best method. But it was their customer support that was the key. It was through discussing our needs with them that we were able to go forward. As we began using the system, they were always there to answer questions, provide an answer and take our feedback, which then resulted in changes that made for a better experience. I find that they are still just an email away. This is rare, but is why I am here writing this now. As the Technical Director for O+, I am always looking for that technological answer, but I am also always weary as often new tech can go unused, can be un-user-friendly, can be daunting to learn, etc. which then makes it actually the wrong answer. Submittable is maybe the best example I can give to how tech can really be just the right thing. Thank you.

Linda Swanson-Davies

The people who work at Submittable are knowledgeable, good-natured, and GENUINELY helpful.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Submittable WORKS, and their customer support is unbeatable!

Edwardo Barahona

Improved Submission Process

Reviewed 2019-09-11

It has been a positive experience for our team, not only has it improved our processes it has offered more tools for our team and clients.

Jeremy Reed

Submittable is irreplaceable in terms of the

Reviewed 2017-12-06

The best thing I like about this software is how it serves multiple functions for our organization. I can easily create categories for submissions, receive submissions, the submissions can be commented on by the review team, and then I can correspond with the submitter all from within the same software. Each step of the process is easy to use.

Olivia Tejeda

The website and software is easy to use, reliable, and convenient.

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Ease of use on many levels. It streamlines an administrative process that could take endless hours. The software is not automated (and it shouldn't be), but there are enough templates and options to make the process of managing submissions very efficient.

Chila Woychik

Submittable has made our publishing experience enjoyable, rather than laborious.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Its ease of use makes it a joy to work with: it's a clearinghouse, a reply tool, and an organizational tool all in one.

Brian Schott

We've used Submittable from the early days of its inception and absolutely love it.

Lucian Mattison

This product is easy to use and indispensable to my writing endeavors

Reviewed 2017-12-07

It's ease of use. Straightforward layout. Very user friendly. I like the app. Allows me to organize my submissions to literary journals and keep track of when I need to submit them before deadlines.

Laura Julier

I edit a literary journal and we've used it for 3 years now.

Reviewed 2017-10-07

It's the standard and most familiar for writers, which was the initial reason I chose it. But what sold me was the truly outstanding customer support. From talking me through the set-up to dealing with submitters who get confused with all technology, with any aspect of using the software, they are prompt, polite, and efficient problem solvers. No other company I deal with in any aspect of my life has customer service this good.

TJ Tranchell

Easy submissions

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Being to able to track the progress of multiple submissions is worth the cost.

Barrett Warner

Submittable is always there and always ready, everything exactly as I left it.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

I have many hundreds of ideas to make literature a better place, but before Submittable I was always bogged down by logistics. Not only was the world not ready for me--I also wasn't ready for the world. As multi-point to one point organizational tool it is indispensable to me. I have hours more in my day to dream, and now with two interns, everyone better watch out.

Elisa Abatsis

Thank you, Submittable.

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Submittable saves money and trees and time. It's easy to track submissions (and track exactly how much you're spending on submission fees.) It's fairly customizable -- you can choose whether or not you want to be emailed when the status of your submission changes, which, for a sensitive artist type who tries to stay even-keeled during her 9-5, is key. Uploading documents is very easy.

Jim Masker

The perfect online contest platform for One Montana's statewide business pitch contest for students

Reviewed 2017-05-15

We found it very easy to adapt/program Submittable to fit our specific needs. With the extensive online help library and a quick-response technical support team, answers to our questions were never more than a few minutes away. Additionally, neither those high school students who submitted entries to our business pitch contest nor our panel of judges who used an online rubric to evaluate submissions reported any difficulties. Outstanding attentiveness to our contest timeline... When a couple students figured out that an email verification flaw existed with the Gallery View/Public Voting feature, they were able to submit hundreds of phony votes for their entry. As soon as the good folks at Submittable were alerted to the problem, they worked quickly (during the peak Christmas holiday season) to create a validation protocol that got voting for our Peoples' Choice Award back on track. We applaud the Submittable team for their effort on our behalf.

Anonymous

Overall, we are very pleased with the software. It is well worth the expense.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Their customer service department is outstanding. Their innovation team seems to be open to feedback from those of us who use the software. I will say, Submittable gives us virtual space to complete our work from all over the world. This keeps our organization and our entire field growing, and our talented team together.

Charan Westerberg

Submittable Best Option of Several Grant Management Softwares Reviewed

Reviewed 2018-08-07

As a small foundation we were looking for an affordable yet robust grant management software solution that would help us to automate our grant management processes, workflows, etc. Out-of-the-box Submittable was a great solution for us and they even went above and beyond to find workable solutions for our specific needs (multi-language support, etc.). Also, their on-boarding process and customer support has been tremendous.

Kim Curzi

Very usable helps our work flow so much! We love Submittable :)

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Helps us organizationally and is a fundamental part of our business. Easy to use and intuitive, we also have a lot of people on our team using it as well.

A Dream for Users and Administrators Alike

Reviewed 2019-05-15

Overall, Submittable makes my life easier practically on a daily basis. It makes submitting and tracking my work a breeze, and I'm so thankful!

Amy Siedenstrang

Submittable has been a lifesaver for our photo competition!

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Enabled me to administer an international photo competition virtually on my own.

Dinty W Moore

Submittable is the Best

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Much greater efficiency and tracking ability

Holly Amos

Best customer service ever.

Reviewed 2018-06-11

Really user friendly on both ends. Easy to make new categories, add team members, etc. And whenever I have questions, Submittable customer service is SO helpful.

Stephanie  Ani King

Easy to use submission management system

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Easy to build custom submission pages and link them on main sites or landing pages. Assignment is also very simple, as is setting up new users.

Beth Brandt

Great solution and a great price

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Overall, we saved so much time by using this online platform and our applicants appreciated it as well. The tech support people were responsive and helped us brainstorm solutions to get what we needed. They were awesome!

Online Submissions Are the Future

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Many publishers use Submittable as a way to accept manuscript queries or submissions. There are several advantages to the author. Once you have an account, you can access all of your submissions. That makes it easier to find things again, versus e-mail submissions. And it's faster and cheaper than submitting through the mail, which many publishers don't even accept anymore.

Stephanie G'Schwind

We have used Submittable since 2010 and have been extremely happy with it.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

We're able to receive manuscript submissions from all over the world, keep them organized, share them with our team, and respond to writers quickly and efficiently.

Tabby Stirling

Absolutely fantastic

Reviewed 2017-07-28

Too many to count!

Evelyn Zimmer

Submittable allows us to handle all of our calls for submission in a logical, efficient manner.

Reviewed 2017-12-09

All the information needed about a submission is in one place. The ability to run multiple calls at the same time is wonderful.

Matt Schumacher

Submittable has been a godsend for its organizational ease and record-keeping capabilities.

Reviewed 2017-12-17

It's a very good system and easy to use. I appreciate it very much.

Thomas Ross

I can no longer imagine running a magazine on any scale without Submittable.

Reviewed 2017-12-08

It's easy to use, easy to train my team on, and seems to offer great collaborative features I haven't even tried yet.

Stephen Moran

Used for several years, completely trouble-free

Reviewed 2017-12-07

I'm in permanent terror of clicking the wrong thing and accidentally accepting or rejecting a submission, but thankfully it sort of double-checks and lets me select which letter to send or create a custom letter.

Submissions Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Since I first Submittable after being recommended to use it by a writer colleague, I have loved it and recommended it to others. As someone who has worked in publishing for years, Submittable makes doing submissions 100% easier and saves me countless hours of time, that I can now happily devote to my writing projects.

Rick Taubold

Overall I like the program and it's responsive and easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Invaluable in receiving submissions for my magazine. Authors seems to love it as well.

Susan Burmeister-Brown

The submission system simply works great and the transition went smoothly for us & for our writers.

Reviewed 2017-10-06

All of our past issues were beautifully addressed via multiple reading tabs and add-on orders.

Elle Smith

Great single platform to use for submissions!

Reviewed 2018-07-13

One place to submit ALL your applications, and once your account is set up, there is no need to keep re-entering your basic details.

Ma Czarina Garcia

A great tool for film program and media asset management

Reviewed 2019-09-14

Since starting Submittable earlier this year, the software has helped streamline our organization's film fund application process with its many tools and features. While there is still room for improvement in certain areas (i.e. application form creation), as an account administrator, I am satisfied with the service that the platform provides and I am looking forward to all of the future announcements and updates that Submittable has in store for its clients/users.

claire bateman

I read and assign mss for review. I also use Submittable for my own work.

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Ease of navigation and simplicity of venue overall for users writers, editors, administrators, etc.

Katherine Ivory

Submittable is a fantastic company to work with. I couldn't imagine my business without them.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

It's ease of use. Submittable makes the entire process of reviewing and corresponding with writers simple.

Siri Carpenter

Excellent product, unbelievably good customer service

Reviewed 2019-04-17

Submittable seems to have anticipated just about all the issues that I might have encountered in designing and running a contest. The software is very easy to figure out and runs without a hitch. And the customer service team, which helped me get started using the Gallery function, is beyond compare -- incredibly friendly and helpful. This team is a total pleasure to work with.

Monica C

Perfect option to submit applications

Reviewed 2019-01-23

As an artist, I am constantly applying to various opportunities. I have used Submittable for several years and it is the most streamlined software of this kind. The design is clean, it is very easy to use, it saves progress in your applications so you can return back, and it has the option to pay the organization directly via secure checkout.

Annette Scott

Submittable is a great software temple for applications; its very user friendly

Reviewed 2017-12-06

It allows you to make revisions without having to call for support. It also allows you to navigate through the system easily. IT Support is also easily assessable and helpful and for me very patience. Once you have created one application the rest are simple to follow, just as simple to make a duplication of the existing application.

David Jibson

Makes difficult work easier.

Tsahai Wright

Site is easy to navigate for submitters and organizations.

Reviewed 2017-10-08

Ease of use and the style of the of the site is easy on the eyes. I know where to go to find what I need as both a submitter and administrator for my organization and that simplicity is a key factor in always wanting to use this site.

Jenifer Lawrence

Submittable is user-friendly, and never lets us down!

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Increased submissions to our literary journal; ease of tracking, reviewing, and responding to our submitters. Friendly service, social media exposure.

Anonymous

Fast, easy, inviting software platform to solicit, manage, receive, and offer submissions.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Comprehensive database of literary journal/magazine venues. One login and master view page of all submissions received/sent through software. Friendly weekly notifications of new opportunities. Ability to link login to other logins (i.e. Facebook).

Jessica Pettit

I love using Submittable!

Reviewed 2017-10-05

My favorite thing about Submittable is how it compiles all the information I need to pitch a book in one place. It makes it so much easier to stay organized and do my job.

Jane Ostergaard

Super easy and intuitive with great customer support.

Reviewed 2018-05-16

It is easy for us to set up and our submitters to use. We only use it once a year and our submitters are one time users so we need something that works as easily as possible. Submittable does that. Customer service is quick and easy. They are a great site and a great team.

Kathleen Recchia

Excellent customer service and support! Very responsive to all my questions and those of applicants.

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Makes my job so much easier. All our evaluators can see all the applicants' materials at the same time and the evaluators can all see each others' questions in real time. It enables our meetings to be more focused to have this central platform. The applicants like it too and find Submittable very responsive as well.

Anonymous

I love the Submittable app because you can keep tabs on all your subs at once.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

I like the notifications when decisions by editors have made... especially when it's good news! The "mazel tov" always cheers me.

Sally Welch

Our Press has an annual poetry contest and Submittable is an important component to its management.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The ease of using the program and the ability to see at a glance the status of each entry are great features of this program. With the clear instructions, it's easy to administer the status of team members.

Chad Bouchard

My experience with Submittable has been overwhelmingly positive.

Reviewed 2017-11-29

This service replaces the need for a customized system that could be fiddly to manage.

Ginny Connors

Submittable is highly convenient and useful to us.

Reviewed 2017-11-13

It organizes our submissions effectively, allows us to share them with staff, and takes the headache out of collecting submission fees.

Anonymous

Submittable is clearly the best platform for online applications. Superb tools and clear instruction

Reviewed 2017-12-22

Ease of team reviewers and user-friendliness to applicants makes this a winning tool for our program needs. Ease of application fees is also a bonus feature.

Steve Glines

We've been using it almost since its inception. It's saved our sanity.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Submitable kept us from loosing our minds. Before using this product we often lost submissions, relying on our editors own, made up, system.

Victor Enns

Easy to learn, easy to use, best online customer service I've had.

Reviewed 2018-04-22

It is now the industry standard for literary magazines. It's simplicity, service and kind support.

Autumn McClintiock

Submittable is flexible, convenient, and easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-07-21

As someone who submits work, I love the simplicity of the platform and the way it tracks my submissions for me.

Jeffery Corbett

Pretty flexible software that has great features for the price.

Reviewed 2017-07-28

Easy to use. Removes the need to copy applications for committee review.

Jim Holmes

This has been incredibly easy to use and has saved me an enormous amount of time with our submission

Reviewed 2017-07-31

Enormous time savings and easy ability to share with team members at a variety of levels.

Taylor Hahn

Submittable is very user friendly!

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Overall the experience has been great from the customer service to application management.

d ellis phelps

There's nothing easier than setting up an account then using it to submit.

Reviewed 2017-12-24

Being able to check my submission's status is super convenient. Submittable keeps the records for me!

Kayla Randolph

Versatile

Reviewed 2019-10-13

Submittable is a versatile one-stop software where you can submit and handle submissions with relative ease.

Mary Firdawsi

very good tracking utiltiy for journal articles

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Ability to save & uplad multiple files for each article lets us see the history of revisions, like that it can write emails to submitter and peer reviewers, track articles

Monique Loseke

I have found that the customer support is terrific! They are quick to respond and quite helpful.

Reviewed 2017-12-26

I find that the platform is very user friendly - from creating forms and making quick changes to ease of use by reviewers.

Beth Spencer

Easy to use for submissions, also for the reading of submissions

Reviewed 2018-02-17

I like how it enables me to read submissions easily on mobile devices; I also like the customizable response templates. And as a writer myself, one who lives miles from the nearest P.O., I like the ease with which it helps me submit almost anywhere now online.

Victoria Martinez

Great for the end user

Reviewed 2018-08-22

I typically use Submittable to submit to small presses - it makes the system streamlined and easy to track.

Gregory Stewart

Overall, I find that the submittable platform does its job extremely well.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-01-08

It made the application process for our conference into a much more manageable experience.

Submittable Connects Writers and Publishers

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-09-10

Many publishers and agents, and even some contests require Submittable, so I'm glad it's easy to use.

Would Recommend To Businesses As A User

Used monthly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-01-11

So far, I've had a good time using it and would recommend it to businesses if they want a contest software that will appeal to their demographic well.

Konstantinos Doxiadis

Submittable review

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Ease of use and functionality. Helps group everything in one place.

Kim Shaklee

We recently used Submittable for our annual portfolio review for an art group. It is a good system.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-07-21

An easier system to review and we had a significant saving over another large company.

Stacy Kendall

Straightforward and easy to use. Takes a lot of stress out of the process of gathering submissions.

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Everything is one place-- payment, photos, info.

Anonymous

Submittable is a very convenient tool for Submitters

Reviewed 2018-08-17

I use Submittable very often as a submitter. I can keep track of my submissions and it is very organized. It is convenient and easy to use. I can see the status of my submission. I also appreciate the clean interface.

Cendra Brooks

I have been subscribed to submittable for quite some time now and I really enjoy using it.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

What I like most about submittable is the community it offers for me as a writer. It allows me the opportunity to streamline my submissions for certain writing projects.

Monica C

Great for artists to submit to open calls

Used monthly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-25

I use this when I apply to an art open call. It is easy to use. You can save your application before submitting and return back to it. It's very convenient. You can upload photos, documents, include text, it has a description of the application on the first page, and pay directly on the site.

Stacy Tornio

Easy to Use and Manage Writing and Other Material

Reviewed 2019-02-17

This is a very easy-to-use software. Easy to search, easy to find things. I've used it as a user and putting writing opportunities on there, and both ways are easy to understand.