Trello Logo

Trello

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 2

23,166 reviews

AK

Ashley K.

Music, 1-10 employees

Great Project Management Cloud Sofware Beset with Issues

Trello is easy to onboard new people and set up organization boards in the Kanban style for keeping track of projects as they progress through a workflow. However, many of the basic features that used to be free have moved behind a paywall that is prohibitively expensive for small teams of less than five people. We paid for a two-person setup, but random features reserved for paid users would occasionally stop working. One time we could not user stickers on the face of cards. Another, the drag and drop functionality between cards stopped on the browser. Also, the email-to-board functionality is really limited compared to competitors.

Pros

* Easy to onboard new people * Easy to set up workflow and multiple boards * Lots of customization if you pay for premium seats * Automation makes board management less tedious

Cons

* $10 per user price is prohibitively expensive for small teams * The email to board experience is not as robust as competitors * Features randomly stop working with no communication

MW

Mary W.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Trello is a Lifesaver!

In HR, our processes are extensive. With multiple people touching the same onboarding, termination, promotion, driver qualification, FMLA case, workers' compensation case, etc., Trello has become a critical part of our daily lives as it allows us to stay organized and see, in real time, who completed which tasks, and when. We essentially use our Trello checklists like "cheat sheets" for many of our processes.

Pros

The cards, templates, and checklists are definitely my favorite features in Trello. Our team can stay organized and see, in real-time, which tasks are outstanding and which user they are assigned to. We can also organize different card types into categories. Our dashboard shows us, at a glance, what projects we're working on. For example, if we have a new hire, they will have their own Trello checklist with a set of steps that apply to all new hires. If a step doesn't apply to them, we can delete it without affecting the main template card, which includes all possible steps for a new hire.

Cons

There are only two things I can think of that would make Trello even better. (1) The ability to add line breaks to steps would make them easier to read. (2) The ability to make mass edits to multiple cards at once (i.e., verbiage updates for a step) would save me a lot of time.

Isael Alexander M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Managing your projects wherever you are

We use it to administer and manage projects, it is super good since all users can view the tasks they have to perform

Pros

It is a super complete tool with a very friendly interface and unique features that are different from other project management tools. We can access it from any device while maintaining a friendly interface that is easy for the user to use.

Cons

What we don't like about the tool is the cost per license but after that it is very good

JG

Jonathan G.

A Card Above The Rest

Makes managing multiple projects with moving parts and more than one team member involved easy to manage. It's also free, which is great for any startup trying to get organized with a small or large remote or office team.

Pros

I enjoy the card based system Trello makes use of. The WYSWYG design function is beneficial to even novice users - you can move things how you see fit without major processes involved. I also enjoy the customizability. You can use Trello anyway you want. If you have a chaotic but effective process, you can make it your own. If you're extremely organized - it's perfect for that, too.

Cons

Slight learning curve because it's so open. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty useful. Also, their sale to Atlassian kind of mucked things up. I didn't like Jira when originally searching for an Asana replacement. The sale also messed up customer support for a bit.

HL

Heather L.

I Just Keep Coming Back to Trello

I have used Trello on and off for roughly 10 years now and at multiple companies. Occasionally, I'll try a different platform because some aspect of it appeals to me (like easily toggling between cards, lists, and gantt views like some platforms), but I always wind up coming back to Trello because it's the best way for me to track multiple projects and a global team. It's so robust at even the free level and setup is so much simpler than other platforms. I've gotten to where I even have a "workspace" for my personal life so I don't drop any balls there, either.

Pros

I love how easy Trello is to set up and how robust it is even at the free level. Editing and creating cards from templates is much simpler in Trello than in other platforms and I spend less time on project management than I did before we made the switch. It was intuitive for my team to learn and we've had fewer things slipping through the cracks since we switched.

Cons

I do wish I was easily able to see projects a different way in Trello. There's probably a way to do it that I haven't found, but if it exists, it's not as simple as other platforms.

sb

said b.

Construction, self-employed

A great tool for organizing projects and achieving productivity

An easy and organized experience for managing my projects and tasks I was able to create boards containing lists and cards representing tasks provide me with customization and easy collaboration with colleagues using the simple user interface makes it easy for you to organize and follow up on work and I found the details of my project neat and clear

Pros

Ease of Use A simple and intuitive user interface makes it easy to organize projects and tasks , Collaboration Trello allows users to collaborate online and share projects effectively Organizing Cards you can effectively organize tasks using cards and lists Flexibility in customization you can customize the board, cards and lists according to your needs , Availability across device Trello can be accessed through the website or mobile apps, allowing you to manage projects anytime, anywhere

Cons

Free plan limitations There may be some limitations in services and features with a free subscription Complex project details for large and complex projects organizatin may be less effective compared to advanced project management tools Reliant on lnternet connection which can be inconvenient if the connection is lost , lack of advanced features compared to some other project management tools, trello may lack som advanced features data security for projects that handle sensitive information users may need to ensure the security policies followed by trello

JM

Jose Miguel V.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

When simplicity can be your best ally

The simplicity of Trello is what keeps me as its faithful user, and every time I have to present this type of tool to my students, it is the only time I do not have to spend a large amount of time teaching how to use it. Despite having many more features since it began its journey with Atlassian, Trello maintains its main asset, which is simplicity, but don't be fooled, you only have to scratch the surface, and you will find that Trello allows you to organize your work efficiently and powerfully.

Pros

Trello is the task manager that I continue to use, despite using another application as a project manager. The reason is simple, Trello was born as a simple tool and remains so, despite having many more features since I first used it about 10 years ago. This ease of use means that it can be used by people of all levels and ages, facilitating teamwork, and having a free tier that has everything you need to enter the world of modern task managers. If you want more, no problem, you can increase your features for a low cost. I can switch from project manager for sure, but in my day to day, Trello is my preferred task manager.

Cons

Although its free tier gives a good idea of the type of product that the user has in front of him, it is strange that one of the functionalities that it restricts in that layer are views apart from the classic dashboard. The best way to show the versatility of Trello is by taking a look at the various ways it has to present tasks and workflow. I hope that as its features continue to grow, views will become part of the free core of Trello.

Cristian S.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Great service of Trello

My overall experience using Trello has been mostly positive. While it is true that it has some areas of opportunity, I consider that its benefits far outweigh those limitations. It allowed multiple work teams and projects to be organized in a clear and simple way. In addition, its intuitive operation meant that both colleagues and clients quickly adapted to the tool. Thanks to Trello we optimize development times, improve communication and progress monitoring. It is definitely an excellent agile management solution for medium and short-term initiatives

Pros

What I liked most about Trello was its very intuitive and easy-to-use interface. It allows you to organize projects in a very visual way by dividing them into lists and cards, making it easy to distribute tasks and track progress. I also appreciated its ability to share boards with multiple users, this greatly facilitates collaborative work between teams. Another feature that I took advantage of a lot were the notifications, since this way I was able to stay up to date with changes and updates in different projects quickly

Cons

What I enjoyed least about Trello were some limitations on attachment storage and maximum card size. In some projects I needed to include documents or images to complement the tasks, but only a maximum of 5 files are allowed per item, which was sometimes insufficient. Likewise, the space available per card to describe complex activities seemed a little tight to me. However, these are small disadvantages compared to the great utility that the platform offers in general

SR

Simon R.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Using Trello for a Digital Agency Start up

Very positive. Easy to use and integrate with other tools through powerups

Pros

This is my Goto for planning projects with my customers. It is zero effort to show a customer how to use it and start collaborating. This in contrast to a tool like Jira is really good for a startup business like mine. I intend to upgrade to premium version but it has been great to get me started.

Cons

Would have liked to be able to trial premium features before making decision. Maybe this is possible but cannot remember.

Benn H.

Arts and Crafts, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trello - Productivity tool

With trello I can organize all my tasks and projects through boards that are fully customizable, I can put any image in the background, I can divide the boards into 3 parts so that they reflect the tasks, what is in process and what is already done, With the cards I can prioritize the tasks that I have to do first. I like the mobile version, it's easy to use and I can drag and drop a task quickly.

Pros

I started using Trello for personal things and then I started using it with my work team. I can say that it is a tool that helps a lot with productivity, to work collaboratively with my company's work team as it helps manage and manage projects. and organize the workfow, pending tasks and meet the objectives either by week or by month, I like that I can automatically log in with a Gmail account which makes it more practical.

Cons

Although the interface is practical, it needs a better design and colors, it lacks predefined boards that help make the user experience more practical, the archiving or moving lists part is a little confusing for people who are using it for the first time, it lacks of an option to delete lists, which would make it more practical.

Danny D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Scalable and flexible project planning and task management software.

This is software that we use every single day. I also use Trello in a professional capacity. It is easy to get up and running, and easy to get clients onboarded with it as well.

Pros

We love how flexible Trello is. We have separate boards for different projects and even for our internal team management and admin tasks like accounting and HR. There is no "right way" to set up Trello, which means you can mold it to your own needs.

Cons

Over the years, they've included less and less in the free version, but if you're running a business, the pricing is fair and scalable to pay for it.

Keoagile K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

From Chaos to Clarity: How Trello Transformed My Team's Workflows

We were at our wits' end, in complete darkness and ready to jump on anything that looked like it could move us at least one step forward.That was our story before we started using Trello. Chaos and a sense of looming defeat.We had looked at several other options but, the moment we embraced the task-organization abilities of Trello, our darkness-heavy chaos surrendered to a seamless order in managing your projects.We are able to collaborate seamlessly and in real-time and do more.For me personally as the project leader, I have experienced an evolving sense of pride and enthusiasm among my team members. We all act like a team on a winning streak.My team's workdays are filled with clarity, purpose and accomplishments.

Pros

The email-to-board feature is one of the most impactful for us, making it convenient for team members to add tasks to their boards via email, even when not directly accessing the platform.The other impactful feature is the activity log which keeps a record of all changes and actions taken on the boards. This helps provide transparency and accountability as users can review the card history to see the progression of a task over time.Lastly, for us the card voting and polling features facilitate decision-making and prioritization, enabling a collaborative and democratic project management process.Almost forgot to mention the Power-Ups.

Cons

Trello doesn't offer built-in features like Gantt-chart views or timeline management. These are features that are valuable valuable for visualizing project schedules, critical paths, and resource allocation.It also lacks comprehensive resource management features like workload allocation, capacity planning, and resource leveling.It would be lekker (wonderful in Afrikaans) if Trello could integrate with finance and budgeting platforms like QuickBooks for managing project budgets and tracking expenses directly from inside the app.

Houyamne A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

"A task-steppa that faciliates team communication and fascinates teamwork collaboration"

Trello helps us to interact on team projects easily.

Pros

Above all, Trello helps our team to smooth work and collaborate easily. It's the ultimate gear for our productivity shuffle.It offers affordable subscription plans among which there is a free one and it supports 100s of our most-used integrations.From project ideation to strategic planning processes, Trello makes it possible to accurately implement them. It lines up with our team's goals and provides a simple and fun work environment.We create branded boards, cards, and custom lists for all our projects and easily grant different access roles to every single member of our team. There is no other definition of fun, Trello is always our to-go team communication software

Cons

Personally, I think Trello is great already and maybe I haven't experimented with any drawbacks yet, but should there be any room or aspect that needs improvement, I will share.

Eileen C.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Perfect for project management and working with a client's team.

Trello makes a difference me in my day by day work when I ought to organize my assignments and share extend information with my group by checking each portion of the method and making superior choices, Trello makes a difference me work profitably, outwardly and securely making a difference me from arranging to execution with rain From thoughts to activities in a matter of seconds, it makes a difference me decrease time and spare on over-burden assignments, much appreciated to Trello I remain organized and my colleagues are mindful of each handle. My company employments it to oversee venture advance and arrange, its integration with Jira makes a difference oversee client stories and venture assignment administration, storyboarding and sprint arranging highlights are exceptionally valuable.

Pros

Trello makes it simple for expansive bunches of individuals to keep things organized, my company employments it to sort and keep records in one put that's simple to share with expansive bunches of individuals. In case somebody is trying to find something, heading to the Trello board could be a awesome put to begin some time recently you have got to ask somebody for bearings. The integration with Jira...

Cons

There are a couple of things I do not like that I think can be moved forward, cards/tasks are constrained to a single board/project, power-on utilization restrictions, confounding to oversee numerous sheets, not simple to look filed cards; The depiction of the cards has no history and it is exceptionally simple to lose it.

Sa

Simeon a.

Design, self-employed

trello project management tool

as a user, I appreciate Trello's customization options, which enable them to tailor the tool to their specific workflows. By creating custom labels, due dates, and checklists, users can adapt Trello to suit their project management needs. This flexibility allows individuals and teams to work in a way that aligns with their unique processes, resulting in more streamlined and efficient workflows.

Pros

Trello's user interface is clean, visually appealing, and easy to navigate. The board and card system, with its drag-and-drop functionality, allows users to organize and prioritize tasks effortlessly. The simplicity of the interface makes it accessible to users of all levels of technical expertise. Trello provides users with the flexibility to adapt the tool to their specific workflows and needs. Users...

Cons

I Cant say that there is anything I dislike about Trello.

MO

Manuel O.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

La facilidad hecha aplicación

Trello es una herramienta de gestión de proyectos en línea que se utiliza para organizar tareas, proyectos y equipos de trabajo. Esta plataforma se basa en un sistema de tableros, listas y tarjetas que permiten a los usuarios visualizar y organizar su trabajo de manera eficiente y colaborativa.La interfaz de usuario de Trello es intuitiva y fácil de usar, lo que la convierte en una opción popular para...

Pros

La interfaz de usuario de Trello es intuitiva y fácil de usar, lo que la convierte en una opción popular para equipos de todos los tamaños. Las tarjetas pueden contener información detallada sobre una tarea o proyecto, incluyendo comentarios, archivos adjuntos, fechas de vencimiento y etiquetas para facilitar la organización.

Cons

No tengo ninguna reseñable, su usabilidad es muy adecuada.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

JD

Jack D.

Education Management, self-employed

One of the best task management platforms

Trello has proven to be a versatile and reliable tool for managing team tasks and projects, and it has helped us stay organized and efficient. For instance, we used Trello to manage our product development process, which involved multiple teams working on different aspects of the product. With Trello, they were able to create boards for each team, assign tasks, and track progress, which helped them stay on schedule and meet their deadlines.

Pros

Trello is a fantastic tool for team and task management due to its excellent features and intuitive user interface. One of the most significant advantages of Trello is the ability to create boards and lists, which makes organizing tasks and projects incredibly straightforward. This feature allows teams to track progress and collaborate more efficiently.Another essential feature of Trello is the ability...

Cons

However, one disadvantage of Trello is the paywall for individual users who want access to premium features. While the price may not be high for businesses, it can be a barrier for small teams or individual users who want to take full advantage of Trello's capabilities. Nonetheless, for businesses and larger teams, the cost is a minor expense compared to the benefits and efficiency that Trello offers.

AB

Aline B.

Program Development, 201-500 employees

Trello: A ferramenta intuitiva e flexível para gerenciamento de projetos.

Estou recebendo muitos elogios do meu time, referente a cumprir prazos e produtividade depois que começamos a utilizar o Trello, começamos a utilizar faz 1 ano e 8 meses, não encontramos dificuldaddes. A organizção melhorou, a comunicação do time, tornando mais clara e eficiente, ajudando a evitar confusões. A flexibilidade permite que minha equipe se adapte as necessidades específicas. Consigo acompanhar o projeto e os usuários, sempre trabalhando juntos. É acessivel, pelo celular e pelo computador, tornando facil de acessar a partir de qualquer hora e lugar.

Pros

O Trello é extremamente útil tanto para as equipes como para usuários, o visual é fácil de usar, é atrativo, tornando o gerenciamento dos projetos muito mais agradável e eficiente do que planilhas em excel ou outros meios de gerenciamento. A estrutura dos quadros, das listas e dos cartões tornam muito mais fácil para os usuários poderem criar e organizarem as taregas em um formato muito simples de...

Cons

Único ponto negativo, eu diria que é a versão gratuita ter limitações, como o número de cartões e quadros que podem ser criados.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Marco S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Your automatic agenda

Pros

We use it to keep track of the tasks with the different work teams and also to check if the Marketing department's dissemination strategies are functional.It is very easy to create/delete tasks or move them to different boards, which helps us to keep our pending tasks in order.A point in favor of Trello is that it allows you to easily add collaborators to any board and you can also convert these boards into private ones.

Cons

The free plan only allows you to have up to 10 dashboards per workspace and you need global labels.It is not possible to create custom fields as well as to have a timeline view of treas or projects.We could not integrate Trello with Google to use the spreadsheets.

AD

Angelo D.

Internet, 201-500 employees

My Trello Review: A Comprehensive Look

Overall, Trello is a great tool for collaboration and organization. Its intuitive user interface and customization capabilities make it an ideal choice for teams of all sizes. While it may have a slight learning curve, the ease of use and integration with other applications make it an invaluable asset.

Pros

Trello is an incredibly useful tool that helps to keep teams organized, informed, and on track. With its versatile and intuitive user interface, Trello is easy to use and understand. The ability to customize boards and integrate with other popular applications makes it a great choice for collaboration.

Cons

While Trello is an incredibly useful tool, it does have some drawbacks. Certain users may find it a bit confusing to use and some features may require a bit of a learning curve. Additionally, the free version of Trello does not offer some of the more advanced features, such as integration with other applications.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Trello: A User-Friendly and Flexible Tool for Managing Projects and Tasks

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use and flexibility of Trello. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to navigate and understand, even for those who are new to project management tools. I love how I can adapt it to different types of projects, teams, and workflows, it's perfect for both personal and professional use. The visual aspect of Trello is a huge plus for me, I can easily see the status of tasks and projects which helps me to stay on top of my work. Furthermore, the ability to integrate with other tools and the mobile app make it accessible from anywhere. I often find myself using it on my phone during my commute, which helps me to stay productive. Overall, I find Trello to be a great tool for managing tasks and projects, and I highly recommend it.

Cons

one thing I like least about Trello is that it may not have all the advanced features that some users may need. For example, it doesn't have built-in time tracking or resource management features, which can make it less suitable for larger projects or teams. Additionally, the free version of Trello has some limitations on the number of cards and attachments, it may not be enough for some users. Furthermore, some users may find that Trello's notifications can be overwhelming at times, and it may be difficult to filter out which ones are important.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Outil simple pour la collaboration et la gestion de projet

Il m'a beaucoup aidé à suivre de nombreux projets en cours, diviser les taches et partager les avancements avec tous les membres de mon équipe. Il m'a permis de s'assurer que les membres de votre équipe sont tous sur la même longueur d'onde. Les nouveaux employés peuvent également utiliser Trello pour avoir une vue d'ensemble de ce qui doit être fait et de la façon dont ils peuvent aider.

Pros

Trello est un outil simple et facile à installer et à utiliser dans le cadre de gestion des projets. Il est très bien organisé et aide les entreprises à suivre les avancements de projets et leurs calendriers. L'interface est familière, facile à apprendre et à utiliser par toutes les personnes (même les personnes qui ne sont pas expertes en gestion de projet). J'apprécie également la possibilité de personnalisation ; les arrière-plans, les cartes et le tableau de bord.

Cons

Il est aussi parfois difficile de l'intégrer à d'autres applications, ce qui peut être amélioré par la suite. Un autre point faible est qu'il est difficile parfois de dupliquer des taches et parfois les tâches peuvent être déplacées d'une colonne à l'autre sans que vous ne vous en rendiez compte, ce qui est un peu frustrant quand on travaille avec une grande équipe.

Showing original review in French. See translation

CR

Caitlyn R.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Great projects managing software for anyone starting out with a small team

Trello was a great software to get my feet wet, sotospeak, when it came to getting the hang of using a project management software for my business. It definitely helped me to graduate to the next level in my ability to keep my team productive. Even as my team has grown, I have decided to keep the Trello software for the purposes of managing all of my management teams scheduling, tasks, and etc. Because,...

Pros

There are a lot of pros when it comes to using this software. It's great for listing projects in order of priority, managing projects, as well as being able to update the workflow and track the progress of each project. It is great for anyone who has a team of at least two or three people.

Cons

The only issue I really see here is the fact that this software is obviously built for someone who is just starting out, or only has a team of, at most, five people. So, if you are looking for something to help delegate work and keep everyone on the same page for you management team, this is perfect for you. However, if you are planning on managing a large scale personnel operation, I would supplement this software with something else that can help you manage a larger group of people.

RS

Rachel S.

E-Learning, self-employed

The ultimate business tool for mapping projects!

I have been using Trello for years in many capacities and I find it the most user friendly and beautifully visual software out there for mapping content and projects.

Pros

The primary reason I use Trello is because it allows me to visualize and categorize and organize all of my ideas, projects and tasks and the workflow to completing them in a way that no list or document can do. Being able to map out my projects, courses and content and see them visually helps me not only lay things out but also helps me work more productively and be able to visualize the steps needed...

Cons

I do wish that cards could float in between lists and be a bit more movable for if they're in an in between stage. I also wish that you could stack lists instead of lists going only horizontal because sometimes with longer projects with more components I find I need to scroll so far over to the right that I can't compare to other lists further to the left and would love if the screen could work more vertically as well.

EA

Eren A.

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

Trello - Task management couldn't be simpler!

With Trello, I can work both synchronously and asynchronously with my project team and always have a transparent view of the status and who is the contact person for which topic. For my own organisation, I keep a separate board with a backlog and prioritisation, because my boring to-do list drove me crazy at some point. It became too confusing due to the many parallel to-dos and re-prioritisations to be able to organise myself efficiently.

Pros

I have to admit that I found it great in the first place that you can already use a lot in the free version. Besides the Trello boards for projects and teams at work, I even started using it privately. At the beginning, it was more of a To Do list for me, then I developed everything further and further and basically developed boys' boards. It's worth its weight in gold, especially in my project teams....

Cons

The many features, which are also available in the free version, sometimes make it difficult to see the wood for the trees. For example, there are different board overviews, and it is not always easy to understand how individual functions move or change their view. The customising capabilities in the free version are also very limited.