Lucidchart Reviews

User ratings

4.5

1.4K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.61/10

See full reviews by rating

DW

Daniel W.

The cost of Lucid chart for the tools and benefits it provides can not be beat. It is an amazing inexpensive tool that helps my team visually document processes and make improvements.

CD

Carly D.

This is super user-friendly and easy to use and share documents and flowcharts with your entire team. Just started using it with a vendor and quite impressed.

HE

Henry E.

The inability to select multiple objects and drag around as you would expect is annoying. The auto-resize when insert into documents and update is pathetic.

MR

Marty R.

The object limit on the free version seems way too low. Sometimes it's hard to register a click on the right element, but no worse than any others.

SA

Samer A.

The number of symbols was limited at first, but that seems to be increasing. Page layout can be confusing until you get used to how the product handles.

Lucidchart users...

Microsoft PowerPoint-logocaret
+ 4

Microsoft PowerPoint

Compare both
How would you rate Lucidchart?

1,426 reviews

Jason C.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Quick and Easy Mind Maps

Transcript

Jason: Hi, my name's Jason. I'm an agency owner and I give Lucidchart a four out of five. For more reviews,...

Love Lucidchart

Transcript

Anne: Hi, my name is Anne and I am the manager of Paid Media and Social Media Strategy at a real estate...

Creative and useful

I have used Lucidchart to create diagrams and flows of many kinds of projects. It is a great software to visualize data and processes

Pros

This software has every possible features and tools to let creativity and hardwork flow.

Cons

I have nothing to complain. Very useful software

Lucidchart is a Great Web-Based Alternative to Visio

We use it for technical architecture diagrams, business process mapping, flowcharts, swim lane diagrams, etc.

Pros

Easy to use. Free to use. Ability to collaborate with others and store on Google Drive. Web based, so no local software needed on your computer.

Cons

I feel like it doesn't have as many as shapes as perhaps Visio does.

They Keep Charging You no matter what

Poor and unacceptable customer service.

Pros

Be careful. They have a valued based monthly option, software is good. HOWEVER they keep charging you every month after month. Even after you contact them. Scam billing service. Was charged for months (and again this month after they credited 8 previous months, while have reverted to free version 9 months ago).

Cons

BILLING is a scam, after reverted to free version they continue to bill my credit card.

This might be the most intuitive User Interface...EVER

The first time I presented a chart I made with the free version - a simple, clean 1-page flow-chart - to colleagues, C-level officers in other departments immediately asked if I had graphic design background (I do not), and then asked what I used to make this and how can we get it! It really did lead me - through my consideration of my own designs - to new insights about business processes that I had been managing for several years.

Pros

Remarkably easy to go from no experience with production or design of charts to making professional-looking outputs that will wow your colleagues. Even the free version can put our really incredible-looking product with east. I cannot overstate how intuitive the UI is - anyone with a willingness to explore even the features will be richly rewarded. The collaboration tools are on par with those in MS Office or Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Cons

A stand-alone app would be nice, but perhaps that is just me being old-fashioned. This web-based version works just fine for me in Chrome, though I cannot vouch for other browsers.

A powerful tool for collaboration

Overall I have had a very positive experience with Lucid Chart. It has allowed me to work in a more seamless manner when it comes to cross-team collaboration.

Pros

Lucid Chart makes it easy for me, as a remote software engineer, to collaborate with the UX team and discuss design and workflow implementations. It allows me to gain access to information in a sleek sophisticated way and makes it easy to exchange information with relevant parties.

Cons

Lucid Chart is full of features that ensure the learning curve to fully using it is steep. If the documentation was a little better it might have made this process easier.

Chart my Organization

Overall it was so easy to use. I will use it again for other opportunities.

Pros

This was so easy to use. I couldn't believe it.

Cons

It was difficult finding a way to add a title to our organizational chart.

Value for money, great features for creating complex architectural diagrams

Overall, lucidchart is a must have tool if you are in a product engineering team where multiple teams collaborate on designing architectural diagrams and procedural diagrams. The tools is less expensive and definitely a value for money

Pros

1. Its integration with third party tools including atlassian products and gsuite helps in overall project management. 2. Share button, using which diagrams can be shared with the permissions enforced on it. 3. Built in templates to get started easily 4. Security, as it is encrypted 5. Export option 6. Easy to use, simple but powerful interface and less expensive

Cons

1. Sometimes auto update and resizing becomes difficult. 2. Formatting the shapes 3. Export has limited options

One of the best drawing software in the marketplace!

I've been using Lucidchart for over two years now and have to say that I'm pretty impressed. The diagram editor is easy to use and I liked the way I could link my browser with it. It made it easy for me to edit diagrams from anywhere.

Pros

I really like the way Lucidchart is organized and structured. The interface is minimalistic, yet has all the necessary tools. I also agree with the mobile app and cloud collaboration features as it's really helpful for remote teams to stay connected.

Cons

Lucidchart is one of the best drawing software in the market right now. I've been using it for over two years and have not regretted my purchase. I love that it's so easy to use, even if you are newer to diagramming or visualizing concepts. The only downside is that it lacks more advanced features like more shapes to make more detailed drawings with,

Lucidchart is awesom

Great, love it.

Pros

I love that it integrates with confluence

Cons

Lucidchart is great but it needs more BPMN symbols

Project your solutions in a creative way

I have a great experience with Lucidchart. I use this software on a weekly basis. It’s just amazing.

Pros

Lucidchart can simplify the way you share your opinion about a new solution, new design or a process that can help your team understand your creativity in finding solutions. From my point of view the most amazing thing about this software is how fast you can prepare your diagrams or process through a chart.

Cons

The thing that bothers me the most about this software is how the premium options and the price of them are not available for all users.

Lucidchart: The Best Diagramming Software

Overall, Lucidchart is an excellent diagramming software and offers impressive features at a very reasonable price. For its ease of use, sharp look, and great value, I would wholeheartedly recommend Lucidchart to anyone who needs to create a diagram.

Pros

Lucidchart is definitely one of the best diagramming software out there and it is very beginner friendly. This is shown in the fact that 99% of the Fortune 500 companies use LucidChart. There are countless templates to choose from that look professional and clean. The web app is incredibly responsive and smooth to use, which can be experienced when resizing and moving elements on a canvas. The user...

Cons

Lucidchart does not have any desktop apps which may be a disadvantage but the web app can be used offline and is as fast as any desktop app. Also the customer support is not great as other competition and there is no easy way to contact the support.

Easy to use business process mapping software

Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

Cons

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long. -I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them -Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market

Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine. No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

Pros

Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project. I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard). What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases. Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

Cons

Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement. Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!

The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

Pros

The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram...

Cons

The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

Makes Process Mapping Fun

It's been a great tool for our team over the years to help colleagues put their ideas and processes into visual form.

Pros

Lucidchart has some incredible functionality that makes it easy to not only prepare a great flowchart to go into documentation but also to layer in relevant information based on the party that needs to see it as well as allowing the user to present the materials easily to a group of people or to share the work with others.

Cons

At present there aren't many complaints. Minor issues with formatting shapes often come up, but that's primarily when I want to treat Lucidchart like a design tool such as InDesign rather than using it for creating process maps and doing other diagramming work that doesn't need the level of detail that ID or Photoshop provide.

My Review after using Lucidchart.

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes,...

Pros

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES: - Flowcharts - UML - ERD - Wireframing / iOS Mockups - Network Diagrams - Org Charts - Mind Maps - BPMN POWERFUL & EASY TO USE: - Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality - Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx) - Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost - Dedicated support...

Cons

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features

I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pros

It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Cons

The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

Beats Vizio Hands Down!

I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

Pros

The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

Cons

There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros

Pros First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price...

Cons

Cons If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

Lucidchart - great tool for diagrams

Lucidchart has been an easy to learn, useful diagramming tool. it's extremely simple to integrate with atlassian tools which makes it all the more valuable for my organization. There are minor quirks of the tool, but overall, a great value for the price.

Pros

being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. it integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons

responsiveness can lag at times; however, the ease of accessibility outweighs any slowness. the "canned" color fill selections could be improved for efficiency in customizing content. Lastly, the user interface is not as intuitive as other programs. I often find myself having to use the help/search box to find out where to find a specific feature/funcion.

Great tool for collaborative process mapping

Very happy and have been recommending Lucid to other organizations.

Pros

Ability to share maps across team members across time zone is terrific. Acting as the central repository, we have eliminated the emailing of files between members and the attendant issues with version control. I am looking forward to trying to use "layers" which i have seen in a demo but not actually tried yet. Commenting and ability to call out team members to comment (with the "@name" feature is great. UNLIMITED collaborators is a massive WIN !

Cons

It can be difficult to easily select text inside shapes or grouped objects - this often necessitates triple clicking or multiple double-clicking. It would be nice if Team Folders was available in the basic subscription, not having this has driven us to have a single large document with multiple sheets/tabs. Large documents are slow to load and manipulate.

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams. I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product. I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options. 2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options. 3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users. 4) Easily lock down access to documents. 5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from 6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

Pros

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

Cons

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Helps understanding overall system flow and for presentations

I truly recommend Lucidchart to everyone. It helps students and as well as professional.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for multiple purposes. Firstly, i used it during implementation of database schema designing. It provided me an overall picture and the conflict with the keys that may arrive. I also used to create data flow diagrams and use case diagram. This way i could understand the flow of a system from each layer to the other and i found this quite useful. Whenever there was an enhancement, i just used it to see the different perspective.

Cons

There was nothing that i did not like about this software. I found it helpful with the variety of charts i could use.

Way better than visio!

Love it. I was able to make complex flow charts on my first time using the software.

Pros

Lucidchart is a far superior product to the more traditional flowchart software Visio. The simple layout, easy sharing and the ability to build complex flow charts make Lucidchart the best out there. Additionally, I find the templates for other projects, that are not flow chart related, very useful.

Cons

My only issue with Lucid is that, at certain points, where the details of lines and boxes can get very cluttered, I find it hard to navigate the layers and often end up dragging out boxes and lines that I do not wish to, even though they are not selected originally. This is very rarely an issue and it just takes a few minutes to fix, but it is an issue.