Skykit Logo

Skykit

Google-based digital signage CMS for enterprise deployment

Skykit Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.33/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The SkyKit Support team is amazing. They have been beyond helpful and patient with me. I have really appreciated all their help.
Great software and very user friendly. Anytime i did have any issues, Skykit support was amazing at helping me troubleshoot the issue and always followed up to ensure i was completely satisfied.
It's been great, easy to use and we have it deployed world wide, support is excellent, helpful and fun.
Should be able to directly upload to program and then item is added to the content list as opposed to vice versa. Looses connection occasionally and have to refresh.
One thing that can be frustrating is that skykit makes a copy of your slides and uses that instead of the original document.
Relying on what the "content" is titled and visual checking of screens is a bit annoying.
How would you rate Skykit?

Monitor for lobby

Only scratch the surface of all the features you have. I'm sure I would learn more if I had the patience. We just leave it on and let it run. :/

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Not comfortable making changes.

Great Kit

Pros

Easy to Use and such a great tool to have for our business

Cons

I haven't found anything that i haven't been impressed with.

The subscription versus open source

Pros

Consistent, reliable, Google backed, and gets the job done

Cons

Proprietary, some extra menues, and not free.

Skykit was an answer to prayers...affordable, easy to use and great interface with Google Slides.

Easy to convey information on church events to 2000 worshipers each week.

Pros

It's interface with Google Slides makes it easy to learn and use by our less tech-say staff. Many of our younger staff are experienced with Google Apps. After a very short time they learn how to publish content to the displays.

Cons

A little tricky to format for a portrait display. Google Slides is default for landscape. Images are difficult to proportion.

Does what it needs to!

Pros

We got the product in Beta, so it's been fun to see where the product started to where it is today. Very easy to setup.

Cons

The user interface isn't always intuitive as I needed it to be. Was hard to understand it right away, but definitely getting used to it.

Skykit review

Communication is way more effective with our monitor and Skykit in our office kitchen. Good way to get the employee attention.

Pros

Easy to learn how to operate it and ability to deploy new content fast.

Cons

No way to preview your content + editing it

Joys Review

My overall experience with this site is marvelous,I am regularly using this site to make digital signatures I am recommending this Software to every boday

Pros

I am using this Software regularly for digital signature,I felt very comfort with is software, and it is very users friendly Site.

Cons

Some area like medi section of this site is needed to be developed little more

Thanks for making it easy!

Pros

The older individuals can even use it with ease. We can customize everything to each person - easily.

Cons

Maybe the fact that I have to publish the content. But that is me filling this box with something!

Worth the investment

We have been using Skykit in our lobby for the past seven months. It has been a great addition to our office. We are able to welcome guests and post our agendas with ease. I recommend this program to anyone that is looking to update their office or retail space.

Pros

Easy to use. Accessible remotely which is a benefit as our office support person is often offsite.

Cons

The resolution is a little to be desired when using the slides in google.

Skykit is a great way to manage content across geographically dispersed organization's

My team and I have been using Skykit for a little over a year, it started with displaying simple information such as events going on in different offices, lunch schedules, and new features on some of our products, to New Employee start dates as well as Employee Biographies. Being spread across different time zones and continents, it can be hard to get information out quickly and efficently. Using Skykit has allowed teams to collaborate and get valuable company information out in a streamlined simple way.

Pros

Easy to use, integrated with the G-Suite.

Cons

Things can be a bit slow to update at times, also have been experiencing memory issues with the Skykit chromeboxes themselves.

Skykit

used to display board meeting agenda at local government building

Pros

The ease of use and google integration is what we liked most

Cons

Initially took some homework to setup correctly

We use it to successfully display news items and event announcements to our students.

Pros

Ease of use ... ability to display video and multiple file formats. The fact that our student audience gets information they can use readily and more quickly than postering.

Cons

It shuts down every so often. Our displays will freeze and we need to reboot to get it up and running. Other times, I have trouble uploading files.

Works great!

Pros

Honestly I have always thought Skykit is a great tool. I have never had an issue with it what so ever.

Cons

I dont have any complaints what so ever.

Great for managing multiple displays

Skykit has helped up keep our marketing messages current and fresh. Being able to manage everything remotely has saved us time and money.

Pros

It's web-based, support for HTML5 content, generally intuitive user interface, and has a lot of features.

Cons

Can't view what's currently playing (limited to screenshots), documentation could be better and more complete.

Lots of options

Pros

Interface is easy to navigate with lots of options

Cons

I've had some issues uploading images from my desktop but otherwise no issues.

After a bad experience with competitive system, Skykit was a huge relief. Our admin is now posting!

Easy communication with large team in manufacturing facility.

Pros

Simple, easy to setup, easy to program. The plant admin is mostly doing quick slide shows, and they are working well.

Cons

Would REALLY like a preview window on my PC, so I can see exactly what the screens in the plant are showing.

Great Product but pricey

Reiability

Pros

Google backbone/reliability/functionality. Does everything I want,decent content,like the ability to play live webcam streams

Cons

Cost/Ease of Use-Can be confusing to new users but once familiar works great. Could be simplified between content/playlists/scheduling

Corp IT admin

Its been very good and the users find it simple to use. Looking forward to user content separation features to improve interface for wider use across facilities.

Pros

Its is simple.

Cons

When you get into multiple users we need separation. When I log in I should only see my content but be able to browse to corp folder.

Works well and accomplishes what we need.

Pros

Easy enough to use. Able to add a lot of types of content. Works without problem and doesn't need much, if any, maintenance.

Cons

Need to add traffic to web feed. The timing doesn't seem to be accurate or doesn't work according to user time zone.

Good Option

It's a good option. As with most things I would change a few things, but for being newer to the bank it wasn't too hard to adjust.

Pros

There aren't any required picture sizes which is SUPER helpful and keep the ratio of the image, then fills in the background with black. Looks professional.

Cons

Without the tutorial I would be LOST. I found myself accidentally deleting a playlist, thinking I was just deleting content off the playlist.

The Skykit's the limit!

From order to install, everything went perfectly. Sales person was very prompt and professional, got product on time, installation was seamless.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to maintain.

Cons

Not really a con, would like ability to put a live weather radar/weather forecast screen.

Ramos Review

I've used SkyKit here and there and really like what it offers. I didn't purchase it though so I can't comment on the value. I've also never reached out to customer service so I can't comment on it.

Pros

that it works via Google Drive

Cons

That it relies on internet to switch it up

Pretty Easy

Pros

Once you got the hang of where to put your "art" or "notice" to go up on the screen it was pretty easy to use.

Cons

Removing pages if you didn't want them to be seen.

Great Software and Company

Pros

Easy to use and great support

Cons

I wish that I could make the entire slideshow on Powerpoint and transfer all the transitions over to skykit instead of only having a select few transitions.

KIS - Rule Number 1 Keep it simple...

Being responsible for all IT setup and configurations, I found it extremely easy to setup. Basically I sent Skikit some technical information and all the work on my end was done for me in advance so i had the hard task of plugging it in. The software side of it is very similar to the MS movie maker. Having worked in a Windows environment for years we found that our users are able to pick it up pretty quickly. We called support and the support tech was Kind, Courteous and Competent. Thank you Skikit for Keeping it simple,

Pros

very easy to use