DoorLoop Logo

DoorLoop

Save time, make more money and grow your portfolio.

DoorLoop Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.55/10

Reviews by rating

DoorLoop is very easy to use. Everything that is important to us is integrated into DoorLoop and their customer service has been fantastic to get us up and running quickly.
I like that this software is versatile and customizable for my business. The customer support team is fantastic, very quick to respond and solve any issues that come up.
I feel very supported by them. Another great feature is the ease of use, which is critical to those of us not schooled in accounting.
Wish screening would also be free, but I understand if it costs money. I just charge my tenants for it and no one has complained.
Not sure I'm supposed to know it but I guess that option is coming).
I submitted it as a feature suggestion and they took it seriously.

LP

Luis P.

Chief Property Manager and Realtor

Doorloop Review: Elevating Property Management With Doorloop

Transcript

Luis: Hi, I'm Luis. I'm Chief Property Manager and realtor with Westgate Reynolds, and we give DoorLoop...

CF

Csilla F.

Owner

Real Estate, self-employed

Doorloop Is The Leader In Property Management.

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Csilla and I run a small real estate company. I own and renovate and rent properties,...

Eli R.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Best support by far

Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

SF

Sean F.

Customer Service Is The Best

Pros

I am a small business. The level of customized service I have received has amazed me. Keep it up!

Cons

I have not had any negative experiences to date because of DoorLoop.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

No Training on the program

I called to get help on the program was not working properly. They told me I had to upgrade the account. In order to help me. Then he wrote back and told me he hasn’t heard from me and he was going to close out my account after they have already collected the money! Don’t use [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! I have never been treated so rude from this company. I always used [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he was always very helpful!

Pros

The product was easy to use when it worked right kept all the information together that was needed If it would keep the numbers correct it would have been a great program. It does not work for me. They need more training on the program and better communication.

Cons

The software did not keep the records correct and you could not delete anything unless you call someone.

This is clearly a fake review and we have submitted a ticket with Gartner to remove it. We always offer unlimited free support and training to anyone regardless of what plan they're on, even if they're not a paying member yet. Why would we tell a paying customer we are going to close their account if they are paying us? Nothing makes sense in this review for a reason, because it's not real.

BK

Brian K.

DoorLoop Review

Pros

DoorLoop provides a wide array of utilities for property managers. Tenants can apply online, pay online, and be screened via TransUnion. The system tracks payments in and out and owners can jump on their own portal and run their own reports at any time. If someone comes into the office and pays with a check, I can immediately enter the payment in on the cellphone app and submit a picture of the...

Cons

There are a few features I would like to have added. I have mentioned a few to DoorLoop who has stated they are working on a few of them. That is one thing I have noticed is that they are always improving the program and adding more features so that in time I am getting more of what I want.

TB

TINA B.

Great Program

Pros

I love the ease of use, it was very easy to learn. It's easy to find items. It's helped us organize all of our rentals and keep track of rents.

Cons

I dislike the esignature fees per document (that would get costly). Wish it had an option to also send formal notices to tenants via the portal. The notices that are sent are not valid for any eviction purposes.

LB

Leo B.

My Doorloop esperience

Pros

Myself and my tenants love the ability to pay rent online with a minimum charge attached. The customer support thus far has been unmatched. The software is very user friendly once you get the hang of it.

Cons

We have not run into many things we don't like about Doorloop so far. It does take a bit of work to set up the account and get all of the information needed, but the onboard team and customer support has done most of the leg work once we got the information.

JC

Jeffrey C.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great property total management software

From sales to support it has been great.

Pros

Easy to use, looks good and everything you would need to manage properties.

Cons

Sometimes its "click" intensive, lots of clicks to get somewhere but I am also a newer user so it might just be me and my lack of complete knowledge.

PY

Portia Y.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Everything in one place

It has been amazing to have everything together and has given me much more control and understanding of my business.

Pros

I love the ease of getting set up and how much money I have already saved.

Cons

It takes a bit to update what you have put in.

DM

Dan M.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great for property management and Tenant Portal

DoorLoop has made my job easier and helps me communicate more effectively with my tenants.

Pros

I like the ease of communicating with tenants and creating and tracking work orders.

Cons

I dislike the limit on characters on the communications.

SH

ShelbyLynn H.

Great Software!

Pros

We enjoy all the features that DoorLoop has to offer when it comes to our property management software. We are able to utilize several tasks at once, all stemming straight from the site.

Cons

Sometimes, there are several ways to accomplish a task in DoorLoop but only one "correct" way to complete that task without our accounting being affected. We've had to back track quite a bit to correct our accounting because it wasn't calculating properly.

PB

Parker B.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great for property managers and owners - from one door to many

Pros

The product is fairly intuitive and has role based access that can be customized for various users of the system. The customer support is great and the online help and training is very good as well. The doorloop team takes time and quickly answers questions/concerns. The product is also improved regularly with new features and options made available nearly monthly.

Cons

The one feature I miss would be the ability to move a tenant from unit A to unit B during the lease period. This may be an edge case but I have had a few times where a tenant had to move to another unit but kept the original lease - doorloop requires you start over on the lease to accomplish this at the moment.

LB

Lynne B.

One Year of DoorLoop

The whole staff has been very pleasant to work with. Having a personal training person has been very appreciated. He has checked on my progress, kept in contact with me and made sure that the transition to DoorLoop went smoothly. I have enjoyed the webinars that I have been able to attend. The information was very helpful. I would recommend DoorLoop to any property owner or manager.

Pros

I have worked with DoorLoop for a year now. I have learned a lot from this program. It keeps excellent track of all of the rents, payments and financials for me. It has eased the management of my rentals. All the updates they have done over the last year have made the whole programs even more efficient.

Cons

Very few things that I don't like. I wish units would be separated on the owner monthly report, for ease of identification.

Lynne, Thank you so much for leaving a review, we know that you're busy and your kind words mean so much to us. We'll continue improving the system, and make sure that the product team hears about your request on how we could make DoorLoop even better!

JD

Jess D.

Easy to use and Navigate

Pros

What I enjoy most about DoorLoop is the clean, easy to use software. I made the switch from another platform and DoorLoop has all the same features but in an easier to use application that looks clean and is simple to navigate. The flexible pricing options are wonderful as well, it made it great for when I was just starting out I could have a great software without paying a high monthly rate for one or two doors.

Cons

I haven't found anything at the moment that I don't like or would change with DoorLoop

BC

Barbara C.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

DoorLoop has been a great Product for our Unique Business Model

Overall, we are very pleased with DoorLoop. Our members love the portal and being able to set up their payments through an automatic deduction or schedule it every month. They are also able to get notifications and documents through their portal. The reporting is very good, also receiving and making payments is very easy. Setting up the chart of accounts using our format was very easy. Overall a very good experience.

Pros

The flexibility DoorLoop offers to test to ensure your business model will work in their system. We spoke to 3 other major property management software systems and they were unwilling to pursue investigating with us. We like how easy the system is to use and all the help including the on line training material.

Cons

That we were not advised prior to implementation that to get the full functionality/integration of automatic bank reconciliation and syncing, we needed to verify that our bank would accept the interface. Therefore, we have to do manual bank reconciliations and have to check our bank account for the actual balance.

Barbara, It was a pleasure learning about your business, and training you and your team on the system. You are a perfect example that DoorLoop works for anything with a door. We are always pushing updates, especially to the reconciliation, and cannot wait to make DoorLoop even better for you!

PG

Peter G.

Great software

We are now able to have all our property information, project tracking, accounting, property management, and reporting in one place that allows all our team members to use the software how they need to. Very effective tool for our business that helps our team members track and report their individual responsibilities.

Pros

We needed an all in one solution for residential, commercial, short term, and construction projects. Although DoorLoop isn't made for some of these, it was very easy to implement their features for all of our needs (Their task tracking and accounting are super helpful in project management)

Cons

Seems like there are some small features that they don't have that would be very useful. For example, no short term rental feature, only month to month or fixed term leasing periods.

KL

Kaye L.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Property Manager Review of Doorloop

Solving having all of our software in one place. Its nice to have doorloop to go to for all of our management needs.

Pros

Product is easy to use overall. The display is nice, looks good and easy for tenants to use overall. I never have trouble finding what I need in the system

Cons

Sometimes the app is not accurate, or the search bars dont work in certain tabs of doorloop. Sometimes tenants say that they arent recieving notifications from announcements as well. Also would like character count to go up.

MD

Mari D.

Great platform for beginners

My overall experience with DoorLoop has been great so far. I am coming from using multiple platforms and applications so having everything in one place has been great.

Pros

The customer support and education provided by DoorLoop is fantastic and thorough. I like the all-in-one platform the most. It is very convenient to have everything in one place so you don't need multiple platforms.

Cons

Sometimes the financial accounting sections are a little hard to follow but that is likely a user error. A customer support person is always a chat or call away to explain.

HW

Heidi W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best Property Management Software out there!

Its great. I have used other software programs in the past and nothing compares. I give them 9/10! I see my business using DoorLoop for a very long time!

Pros

Everything! But I would have to say that the immediate online help center has been huge for me being new to this program. But also the overall ease of use and super friendly interface. Another major perk is the owner and tenant portals that your clients have 24/7 access to all their financials, rent payments, and maintenance needs.

Cons

I wish they could update or switch their outgoing payment processor. I do not like checkbook.io and how outdated it feels and looks. Also the processing time with them is too slow. I just end up transferring rents from my business bank account instead. Its an extra step for me, but I can get my clients/home owners paid way faster

ah

ali h.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Beat QB and few other PM software that i already tried

It has been an absolute pleasure and amazing customer service, good customer service means nothing if the product is a no go but with these guys its best of both worlds.

Pros

It has been an absolute pleasure working with DL. Very well thought off software. The accounting modual definitely beat QB and I am a heavy user of QB. Having everything in one place make it very easy to manage the accounting aspect of PM but also other type of work that I do. I am currently using this software for some of my loan management for example and I cant wait until they open up the API and allow for some customizations because at the point this can even replace my CRM

Cons

Need open API's pleasse and intergrations, also the ability to customize some of the fields. For example would be amazing if we can rename some of the tabs. One last thing, please allow us to upload an attachment to payments it just seems like an easy fix

Thank you so much, Ali! We are so happy to hear that our full-scale accounting features have been a great resource for you. As far as API goes, DoorLoop does have an open API as well as an integration with Zapier that helps you integrate with hundreds of other platforms. When it comes to attachments, you are able to upload those within DoorLoop! For more specific instructions on how that applies to payments, definitely reach out to our support via chat, email, or phone. Customizability is super important to us, so we will pass your suggestion along to our dev team and add it to our roadmap. Thank you again!

SM

Spencer M.

Doorloop is great!

I would give Doorloop a 10/10. Great customer service and a great product. It has been essential for growing my business and streamlining processes.

Pros

Doorloop hs fantastic customer service. I can accomplish everything I need in Doorloop but when I run into a question or roadblock, it is easy to get an answer and get back up in running in a matter of minutes.

Cons

I was sad that there are no graphs or charts to show expense trends, NOI trends, revenue trends, etc. It would be nice to have a graph feature where you could easily see NOI by month and make sure you are trending in the right direction. I realize I can export to excel and create a graph but that is cumbersome.

JS

Jeffrey S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Polished and pretty, yet useful.

It's been up and down. Coming from appfolio, the transition wasn't the best... but it wasn't exactly any one person's fault. Our entire database wasn't exactly "ready" for the whole transition. It was underestimated.

Pros

How much detail is shown about leases, and options within tenant pages.

Cons

The lengthy animations of dialog boxes sliding and moving, as well as the inability to press enter, or space to be recognized as a basic left click for whatever box is selected.

AS

Alison S.

Happy with DoorLoop overall

Overall, I am happy with them so far. We have just used them for a month, and I could give a better review when I am more used to the software and have had more time with it.

Pros

I feel they provide almost all the features other property management software companies provide for a better price. I am very happy with the one-on-one zoom call support they provide as we've gotten things set up in their system.

Cons

I do not have a way for my tenants to pay their rent in cash (i.e. connectivity to a cash payment at a 7-11 or via a Western Union location.) The home page is focused on trends and reports. My focus is more on using the software as a tool, as opposed to reviewing profits. So some of the ways to get to specific features I use the most are not quickly accessible and I have to access them in a roundabout way instead of directly. (For example: I cannot easily access a tenant list for a specific property without having to filter it to a portfolio, or the "leases" feature is redundant to the "tenants" feature and I have to go through additional clicks to navigate to either spot.)

CG

Colin G.

Easy Product to Use for Property Management and Accounting

Pros

DoorLoop software is easy to use and the reporting at the property level is essential to making informed businesses decisions.

Cons

It would be great if DoorLoop had a history of journal entries so you could go back and audit if a mistake was made.

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with DoorLoop! We're thrilled to hear that our software has met your expectations and provided you with a seamless property management solution. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future. If you ever have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

JF

Joe F.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Why I choose DoorLoop

Great customer service and very responsive to our feedback for improvements. I don't hesitate to recommend it to other apartment operators for their business.

Pros

DoorLoop has an ease-of-use scale that allows you to get up and running with your property business in a very short period of time. The ability for residents to access a resident-facing portal was important in this day and age. I compared competitors and their products, availability of a resident portal, on-boarding time and chose DoorLoop because it allowed us to get moving on with understanding the apartment community and it's "quirks."

Cons

Limited option for screening and background check and lack of integration with BlueMoon TAA online lease application. The DoorLoop's partnership doesn't allow us to take advantage of the revenue stream we could otherwise have with some others. The current offering costs twice as much which means our residents would be paying more for application and screening fees. Our own business relationship with...

PA

Paul A.

Easy tracking of payments

We are very happy with DoorLoop. It makes it easier for us to track charges and payments, as well as giving us access to a professional-looking statement for our tenants. Very happy with the online payments.

Pros

We love using DoorLoop to track rent charges and payments. This is the bulk of what we use it for. We do not yet use all of the accounting functions. It automatically posts the charges along with any late fees, and notifies the tenant of those charges. I love that it gives our tenants the ability to pay online, as so many things are done this way nowadays. They even have the option to pay with a credit card if necessary. I can print a statement any time, easily access copies of invoices, and add notes to their account.

Cons

We are a small property management company, so we probably use DoorLoop differently than others. Tenants are responsible for utilities, but our City requires the landlord (us) to keep utilities in our name. So, we charge the tenants to reimburse. Currently there is no way to post the charge and include an attachment of the bill that THEY can view in the portal. We have to create a separate communication and include that bill. So I'm doing everything twice. Also, I wish I could filter the lease search by property and also by "active" leases. Currently, it auto sorts to the tenants first name and if I set a filter for active leases, it still sorts the same way.