FileCloud Logo

FileCloud

Hyper-Secure Content Collaboration. Simplified.

FileCloud Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.8/10

Reviews by rating

The GUI is nice and smooth and easy to use and the integrations with other SSO technologies is easy to implement and very stable.
We are very pleased with FileCloud and believe it offers our organization excellent value and great flexibility.
So far it has been great and customer service has been very responsive and helpful.
Poor support for another languate than English. The Changes are very disruptive, I don't like it.
You start working on a file that has already been modified by someone else. This alone makes the software useless for certain types of work.
Need more higher internet connection which is poor in my country.

Chrichtian N.

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

FileCloud will get louder in the cloud, IF aloud.

Overall, FileCloud has done exactly what is was procured for...

Pros

FileCloud gave us the ability to share and collaborate voluminous files without geographical restriction, and with us having to easily copy terabytes of data between the FileCloud server and internal network, however, across DMZ for best security practice. Your only limitation regard data size drop would be your FileServer host server. I see it owning a private cloud compute resource with the ability to scale out into a hybrid cloud infrastructure.

Cons

My comfort with permission management on hierarchical folder structuring has not found its way to FileCloud. Storage Repository cannot be browsed for the admin portal UI. Each folder (if needing distinguished role based access control) must be add separately for effectuate the permission. This can be a hassle for a highly nested folder structure with complex permission schema.

MD

Matthew D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

FileCloud a secure and easy to use file storage solution

I personally use FileCloud at home (on prem) and also we use FileCloud for a number of our clients and feel that its the better solution compared to others on the market.

Pros

Layout and ease of use is my favorite aspect of FileCloud.

Cons

The change between limited and guest accounts in how they access data. It was a little confusing.

MG

Mahdy G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great Online Storage Solution With Some Downsides

This is great online storage solution (and sharing) with HIPPA compliance function and Drive for windows. We mainly wanted to use Drive for windows to create local drive on our users devices. But Drive for windows has some limitation and slowed down. Hence, we stop using it. But their tech support is great and in addition they meet with us multiple time to see how they can address our needs in future.

Pros

Easy to implement Great support Can access from many devices and OS Lots of future New compliance manager is great New UI is way better

Cons

FileCloud Drive for windows has limitations. Quick Edit function is great but I wish was not limited to one file.

ML

Michael L.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Good option for self hosted cloud file sharing solution

File cloud allows us to implement a secure file sharing HIPAA approved solution for our medical clients.

Pros

I like the fact that we control the servers and the data.

Cons

I find the performance can be improved upon, especially regarding file upload, and regarding performance of large file operations such as copy move, etc.

SV

Suraj V.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Review by Suraj Verma at JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

It is very easy to use and understand. The installation process is very simple. Most users did not even need training on how to use the app!

Pros

The encrypted sharing features, and the very easy-to-use sync drive.

Cons

Maybe create encrypted email along with it, encrypted file sharing is great, but being able to send encrypted emails would be a great addition.

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

Most complete onboarding I've ever experienced

Overall, I have to let the team speak for themselves and.... I have heard nary a peep of discontent. That speaks volumes about the product and the customer support team.

Pros

Cloud based storage systems are common. ITAR compliant solutions at this price point.. not so much. A critical decision element was the onboarding process. FileCloud isn't limited to organizations with big IT staff. The onboarding sessions got us up to the level of compliance we needed quickly. Training for the full team was also incredibly helpful. All included in the base price (No hiring consultants to "optimize" your setup.) The ability to have "Limited Access" users is a key benefit keeping costs down. Only key team members need full access.

Cons

Not being an IT professional, some aspects of the setup were confusing. Once I realized I didn't;t need to use all the capabilities to meet the compliance requirements we have, I relaxed. The Smart ID is col, but totally not necessary the way we're using the product. One thing that I wished had been available, though it may be and I just didn't find it, was a set of scenarios specifically around our...

TC

Tara C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

"FileCloud: A Must-Have Cloud Storage Solution for Businesses"

Using FileCloud has been an incredibly positive experience. The service offers many features to help users securely store, manage, and share files easily and quickly. The intuitive user interface is easy to use and understand, making it accessible to many users. FileCloud also offers a variety of security and privacy features, such as two-factor authentication, encryption, and private file sharing.

Pros

I found FileCloud to be a tremendously user-friendly cloud storage solution. It was effortless to set up and use, with a well-designed interface that was intuitive and straightforward. I was particularly impressed with the versatility of the platform and the ability to have both public and private folders, making it perfect for personal and business use. FileCloud was a great experience that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable cloud storage solution.

Cons

While I generally enjoyed my experience with FileCloud, one aspect that I was not particularly fond of was the limited customization options. While I could use the platform with relative ease, I could not customize it to my exact needs and preferences. This was incredibly disappointing because the venue had many advanced features that could theoretically be used to tailor the experience. However, this was not possible due to the lack of customization options.

CM

Carlos M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Filecloud keeps us happy.

Very good relationship and transparency.

Pros

Its very stable and the support is very good when needed.

Cons

Pricing is going up but always fine the way to give us back.

Computer Networking, self-employed

Excellent product!

I can finally access my files using my smartphone at any place at any time without the use of a VPN tunnel and SMB like applications! Setting it up is very easy and straight forward. To configure SSL complete and clear documentation is provided by FileCloud. (Sales)Support is excellent, I don't have a creditcard. After sending an email using the form on the website support/sales quickly helped me to my full satisfaction to get this "problem" solved and made it possible to pay using PayPal.

Pros

Integration in on-premise fileserver and integration with the active directory. Access to your files from anywhere around the world without the hustle of the use of a vpn client.

Cons

Lack of 2FA support on the Community Edition.

Higher Education,

5 star service and response to issues! By far, one of the best vendors I have worked with!

We get the benefit of utilizing different storage types from SAN storage to Network Attached storage. The ability to scale quickly and easily allows us to respond to the users quickly and efficiently while utilizing one of the most intuitive and easy-to-user administration interfaces I have ever used.

Pros

1. Top notch, responsive support 2. Ease of manageability 3. File Versioning 4. Office365 Online Collaboration (with Team Folders) 5. Granular controls

Cons

We have a lot of teams utilizing this tool, currently, there is no way to put a quota on the individual sub folders for teams, however I believe they are reviewing this issue.

JN

Jason N.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Still in the first year of using FileCloud.

We use FileCloud to extend our user's reach into our super computing environment so that they have access to their research from anywhere. It has been only about 6 months since we got it up and running but the overall experience has been pretty good so far. We are still working on transitioning all of our users over.

Pros

It was pretty easy to get up and running and their support staff is always quick to respond with any questions that I have.

Cons

The pricing structure isn't exactly the cheapest.

HR

Hrishikesh R.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

"Affordable and easy cloud MFT solution"

FileCloud is an effective system for securely sharing data with internal/external customers.This tool is great for remote workers which provides effective collaboration.

Pros

Secure, powerful and collaborative tool for mass file transfers and content delivery.

Cons

Drop out issues. Connectivity when uploading files sometimes lags

BA

Brian A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

FileCloud Review by AIS

We love it and use it every day. I've sold to several customers as well and the #1 hurdle I have is the licensing. Many of our clients are smaller office and we need a licensing model that fits smaller offices.

Pros

Integration over an existing file management system is easy, and the growth that we can provide a customer to extend access to their file system outside their office is exciting. The ability to provide a managed system that provides our customers/users to share large files/folders, provide collaboration solutions, and secure access to their own company shares has proven invaluable.

Cons

The updates require a lot of work. There's an "update" function within the control panel but it doesn't work for any of the latest updates that I've had to manage. If a feature or function exists, it should work. The downloading of the files, packaging them, then installing is routine - easy to automate, and should easily be incorporated in to a simple button in the control panel that manages that update. We'd also like to see more database utilities to purge, backup, compress and clean up database files.

CM

Chris M.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

FileCloud Review

Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

Pros

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

Cons

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

CG

Chris G.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

Pros

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

Cons

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

HR

Hasso R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Top choice to integrate existing on prem files shares and much more

Right product for the job. Very good cost/benefit ratio compared to many other enterprise level competitors.

Pros

Offers support for existing on premise file shares w/o sacrificing any cloud only features. Allows for an access layer on top of existing file share infrastructure like MS file server cluster.

Cons

The terminology used is not always self explaining. Use cases are not as clear cut as one would hope, but the functionality is there.

OV

Olivier V.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Flexible and easy to use cloud service

Using FilecCloud in a school. FileCloud is a straightforward and customizable solution to share files with students and set up folders so they can submit their work. Students can access or submit files without being required to log in, making the whole process fast and easy for them. Organizing work submissions with FileCloud helped us to save time.

Pros

Sharing folders and files with Filecloud is easy and flexible as it allows many access settings (with or without log in, upload only etc.) The dashboard is also very convenient.

Cons

A few settings/information are a bit difficult to find in the admin account dashboard, but the Filecloud team is constantly improving the interface. Aside from that nothing to complain about.

J.

Joris .

FileCloud

Pros

It delivers the job. We use it mainly for private file sharing and it does the job wonderfull. Ease of use also for end customer to manage logins.

Cons

Support is pro, fast and resolute. But we live in Europe and sometimes they react at the end of our working day.

CG

Carlos G.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

FC Review

Some data loss due to software bugs in FileCloud drive and Database interaction w/ Object Storage, good application but can be unreliable at times.

Pros

O365 integration, Endpoint Backup, ServerLink

Cons

Permission management, Group sync without AD

JB

John B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

positive

Good served our purpose of storing data in different countries

Pros

Simple to use not a steep learning curve for users

Cons

Cost permissions could be more granular

DD

David D.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Review of Filecloud

We have been with filecloud for many years now and overall have had very few issues with the product.

Pros

We use this software daily to share files without people outside of our company. It is easy to use and very user friendly.

Cons

The biggest negative that we have is that it is one more tool to use. We have many different tools and each tool requires administration. As we progress more with Office 365 we find ourselves using the sharing features of Sharepoint more than filecloud.

HL

Heather L.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Amazing Software

Pros

Ease of use, easy to setup, ability to setup workflows so that it does not become a file repository.

Cons

I wish that this software had the ability to put limited users into groups for easier management of users and permissions on folders.

JH

Jerry H.

Legal Services, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Pricey, but the solution to go to when you need granular control over access to documents

I used FileCloud on a project that necessitated the sharing of a large volume of data from several different custodians among a bevy of different attorneys. The litigation was complex and access to the various groups of documents had to be tailor-made for each attorney, depending on who s/he was representing. FileCloud was a little tedious to set up, but once it was done, it was golden.

Pros

The ability to exert granular access control over a sizable group of different document collections.

Cons

The permissions setup, while perfect once implemented, can be a little confusing.

SR

Sinisa R.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

File Cloud SB review

Its our business critica aplication for exchange documents with our partners.

Pros

File share and file access controll. We were able to utilize guest access.

Cons

You need some time to adopt file sharing access control, witch are similar to unix systems.

AH

Andre H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Best product when integrating with AD.

Create a similar experience to OneDrive or Google Drive without the data leaving our server. All data is located in one place but can now be accessed either locally on the network or remotely using FileCloud.

Pros

Easily integrates with Active Directory. Makes password management unnecessary.

Cons

My only Con was performing updates; but now the software is updating itself, so I no longer have any Cons.