FileCloud Reviews

FileCloud

Enterprise file sharing, sync & backup solution

FileCloud

Review Summary

Jonathan B.

Ease of use and stability. I like the ability to log in from anywhere with ease.

Brett L.

It's fantastic that you can use this on all your mobile devices. It's time and money saving.

Joyce V.

Gary H.

Sometime there is a delay when uploading files and when the limited user can access the file.

Carlos L.

Chris G.

4.7

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling,...

Pros

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Cons

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

Exactly What I wanted

Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

Pros

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

Cons

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Review by Suraj Verma at JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

It is very easy to use and understand. The installation process is very simple. Most users did not even need training on how to use the app!

Pros

The encrypted sharing features, and the very easy-to-use sync drive.

Cons

Maybe create encrypted email along with it, encrypted file sharing is great, but being able to send encrypted emails would be a great addition.

FC Review

Some data loss due to software bugs in FileCloud drive and Database interaction w/ Object Storage, good application but can be unreliable at times.

Pros

O365 integration, Endpoint Backup, ServerLink

Cons

Permission management, Group sync without AD

Great file sharing software

Pros

We needed to be able to host the software on premise. There was a lot of file sharing solutions out there but only 2 or three that allowed us to host it on our server. FileCloud was the one that was the closest to our budget.

Cons

The deployment was not that easy. It did take a bit of work and some back and forth with their team, but they were very helpful and quick at getting back to us.

Very userfriendly

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has several businesses and can't always be here. We needed a solutions that is easy to use, fast and working without paswords, linking and all these things. It works perfectly!

Pros

It is very easy to use. It's fantastic that you can use this on all your mobile devices. it's time and money saving!

Cons

The integration was easy, and everything is just very friendly to use. We don't have anything bad to say about this software.

Simply AMAZING !!

it's easy to use, easy to setup.

Pros

it's a marvel of software engineering.

Cons

there is nothing that i didn't like about FileCloud

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

Pros

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

Cons

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Useful for archive

Useful for allowing access to common files.

Pros

Able to implement user level security on folders. Good viewing access on multiple devices. Easy to admin users. Able to Sync and also able to WebDav.

Cons

Sync software is dreadful, hogs CPU & bandwidth and uses an outdated file - delete - copy mechanism from the 90s. Be aware if you move a set of folders on the server, the replication then deletes the folders on the client then recopies. Really bad if it is a big folder. (you cant do a basic function for example, setup a new laptop for a user, swiftly copy a set of files that will be mirrored, then start the sync. It will either delete all these files and recopy the lot, or, if they are in different locations, it will recopy them back to the server causing frustrating duplication.

Excellent product!

I can finally access my files using my smartphone at any place at any time without the use of a VPN tunnel and SMB like applications! Setting it up is very easy and straight forward. To configure SSL complete and clear documentation is provided by FileCloud. (Sales)Support is excellent, I don't have a creditcard. After sending an email using the form on the website support/sales quickly helped me to my full satisfaction to get this "problem" solved and made it possible to pay using PayPal.

Pros

Integration in on-premise fileserver and integration with the active directory. Access to your files from anywhere around the world without the hustle of the use of a vpn client.

Cons

Lack of 2FA support on the Community Edition.

All your data in one cloud

This product covers all basic needs for small teams or companies. They can make their data easily accessible for each employee, regardless of their location. As a result, you will get more agonized and dedicated team, as well, as a smooth workflow.

Pros

This platform has different plugins, which provides a decent level of customization. Also, you can integrate this software with different apps, so your work process, which can improve your work process drastically. Big plus is that you can access internal file server data from any place in the world, of course, if you have a high-quality internet connection. We use FileCloud on a daily basis, as it is a cloud based data sharing plus sync system. It allows coworkers to access and sync all essential data from any type of device. This software provides with all necessary features for successful work: file sharing, backup, sync or remote access.

Cons

Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information. Very often instead of fixing an issue, they blame users. FileCloud has an old school and non-intuitive interface, so you need to invest much energy to learn how the system works. Also, if you are Mac user, be prepared to face some issues, as this app doesn’t work well with iOS. Moreover, this product is actively being updated, with preventing this app from working for several hours, till a new update will be loaded.

A perfect cloud for my small company server

Great experience, and I'm mastering my privacy.

Pros

The software is easy to use, overly simple to setup. I'm tech-savvy without being an engineer, just a usual geek, and it's been as simple to install as any software on my PC.

Cons

I didn't find a way to connect my network drives to the system using SMB file sharing. This is a bit technical and I'm pretty sure it's a solvable issue. It made little sense to me to have 3 kinds of users, being the "full access" "limited" and "guest" without further explanation at first, but I understood it by myself.

5 star service and response to issues! By far, one of the best vendors I have worked with!

We get the benefit of utilizing different storage types from SAN storage to Network Attached storage. The ability to scale quickly and easily allows us to respond to the users quickly and efficiently while utilizing one of the most intuitive and easy-to-user administration interfaces I have ever used.

Pros

1. Top notch, responsive support 2. Ease of manageability 3. File Versioning 4. Office365 Online Collaboration (with Team Folders) 5. Granular controls

Cons

We have a lot of teams utilizing this tool, currently, there is no way to put a quota on the individual sub folders for teams, however I believe they are reviewing this issue.

Excellent On-prem File Hosting

Great alternative to cloud hosting for private data.

Pros

Easy set up Reliable Customizable Extensive option set DUO 2FA support External sharing capability

Cons

A remote connectivity analyzer would be helpful Codelathe portal is obscured by sales materials

Qualiy File Sync and Share alternative to Dropbox / Box / One Drive

Dropbox will not run properly on a server. Wanted to "cloud-ize" our file server while keeping a local copy for certain offices.

Pros

The software works well and is fast. Customer support is by far the best I have ever seen.

Cons

Still a few quirky things. Scans the whole archive each time looks for changes rather than allowing Windows to just alert of changes.

Customer Review

We will be using FileCloud for a very long time. We're very happy with it!

Pros

After installation the product is very easy to use and reliable. Customer service is great! They have a very quick response and have fixed any issues and answered all of our questions.

Cons

We've had a few errors with FileCloud syncing.

Quick and easy to implement and use

Pros

Super easy to learn and use quickly. Everyone on the team was up and running without a hiccup. And the implementation is a snap.

Cons

It's great, and affordable, but it's not free

Great Innovative Product!

Amazing!

Pros

I like that it allows me to create a network share and lets me add and delete user access to this share. I like how easily it integrates into windows just like a normal network folder.

Cons

Setting it up was a little confusing at first, but the technical support really helped me figure out all the problems I was having and got my server up and running.

Great Solid Product

Pros

solid product with consistent updates keeps getting better!

Cons

the overall request for tech support process

This Cloud has a Silver Lining

secure file sharing with customers

Pros

The integration into our business and ease of use

Cons

there is noting I can think of that I do not like

A Happy Convert.

I am a convert from nextcloud, and for me I won’t go back. I would happily recommend filecloud to anyone. Easy to use but I am still working on the setup.

Pros

Cons

There is nothing I like least, however I would like to see more installation guides. However, i have discovered my android app has stopped functioning, but am looking into this.

Great product, answers ITAR security concerns

It brings an easy file exchange solution to our relationship with customers. Being able to customize to our branding makes it look more professional.

Pros

We had a great first impression and it stayed with us while implementing the solution. All questions and concerns were covered and answered one by one. The solution is easy to implement and you also get a lot of support and help with starting kits and follow-ups. All security concerns we had are satisfied by the solution and it also helps not having to maintain the infrastructure.

Cons

We would appreciate being able to use a protocol different than HTTPs for the downloads as some companies can restrict it. Having the possibility of using sFTP would bring a huge plus in the flexibility of the tool.

Cloud For Days!

I love it! It’s working great and would definitely recommend to anyone that needs upgradable local storage with remote access to the data.

Pros

Having the ability to upgrade my storage at any time is a big plus for myself and my company. We work with large video files and sometimes need access off site from our own server. FileCloud resolved those access problems for files needed offsite.

Cons

The set up process can be a bit intimidating but I found various resources that walked me through the process!

Great software for file storage and sharing

Pros

Excellent price, has a lot of tools and it's very easy to implement and use.

Cons

Storage limit is a little bit small. Other than that there was nothing about it that I didn't like.

One of the best storage tools.

I have been using this app since 3 years, and I can say it worth it!

Pros

- A descent tool for storage & sharing of multi-media. - Easy use. - Multiple options available.

Cons

- Not much popular. - The limitation of storage!