Square Appointments Reviews

Square Appointments

Online scheduling and appointment calendar software

4.5/5 (119 reviews)

Pros
  • I liked how simple it was to confirm and book appointments. The reminders are great too they send out.Jennifer C.Read the full review
  • Its is great for people who have personal business that they run, like hair appointments, or make up.Selena T.Read the full review
  • Maintaining appointments with other small business owners is very important for our business and community. This software helps me maximize our time together.Craig W.Read the full review
Cons
  • Also the processing fees are a bit much. Recently I’ve had to reach out to them about fraud emails and scams I’ve been getting.Natasha S.Read the full review
  • They literally sent me an email stating I was in violation of their terms & agreements and sent me to vague sections of their legal babble.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The only problem with it is that typically our clients just want black and white, yes or no, a or b.Alexandra G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
taylor williams

Favorite booking app

Reviewed 2020-04-05

Overall it’s my favorite booking app. It has everything in one without a monthly charge.

Pros
This is my favorite booking app. It has everything in one. Clients can book appointments and pay for service.

Cons
The only thing I don’t like about it is that I can add photos to appointments for category purposes. But clients can’t see the photos when booking. It would be nice to be able to put a photo next to the service on booking page

Lucille Graham

Easy All-In-One System

Reviewed 2019-10-31

I would highly recommend Square Appointments for a simple system that is elegant and user-friendly.

Pros
Square Appointments is great because it alleviates one less account you need. It handles merchant processing, product inventory, client records, appointment deposits and more.

Cons
I don't like the look/functionality of the embedded scheduling widget. It doesn't blend well with most websites and is very noticeably a square application. (Which I suppose is great/strong branding on their part)

Daja Herrera

Square is perfect for small businesses!

Reviewed 2020-04-02

I love that I can integrate my google calendar with square. It’s amazing to have your days in one place! Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing. My clients like the text message option. It goes right to their phone and all they have to do is look in their messages to check, no logins and passwords to worry about for them.

Pros
I love that I can complete transactions and book the same client all in one place! I’m a one man show so this makes life easy and helps me retain business!

Cons
I don’t have many complaints with square appointments. It’s worked well with keeping my schedule intact.

Ren Z.

Promising but very limited

Reviewed 2016-11-10

Limited feature set for the price compared to cheaper more feature-rich alternatives available on the market. It's year 2016, and makers of this software still haven't implemented a simple feature like service name showing in the booked time slot when staff view the calendar. Unless you're using their iPad app their web calendar interface is horrible. Worst of all, this system is so primitive that it forces customers to enter full name, phone, and email address EVERY SINGLE TIME to book an appointment. The only reason we switched to Square Appointments in the first place was to prevent no-shows by activating "Hold Card for No-Show Protection". This feature is half-baked because there's no way to save card info for future bookings. As of November 2016 no improvements have been made to mitigate that despite their tech staff promising to fix it when we first signed up with them in May 2016. I have sent them tons of usability improving ideas but only a few were addressed. We're on the verge of canceling our account with them because our clients constantly complain about what I described above, but worst of all we've noticed major decline in booking conversions from even our current clients, let alone newcomers. It holds promise, it is just not ready for prime time.

Pros
It has a dedicated iPad app.

Cons
Customer has to fill out his name, email, phone and credit card every single time appointment is booked. That's annoying and enough to steer even the most loyal customers away.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Avril Jones

Set your Appointments and get Paid in One

Reviewed 2020-02-07

I needed a way to have clients schedule consulting and also pay for the time immediately. Before I was utilizing several online platforms that were not linked .

Pros
The ease in which you are able to set up the system was delightful,non invasive and efficient. I also like the fact someone can select from a menu to better customize their engagement with the process. ANd the mobile app is nearly identical to the desktop version which makes travel mode more efficient.

Cons
My initial set up was separate from my Square account however it is now an integral component. The new integration removed the need to work

Jennifer Winters

So Easy To Use, Business Generating

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Square Appointments has been fantastic for driving business to my private practice, as many people do not want to make a call or send an email to get started in therapy, but would prefer to just book an appointment. Also, it saves me time and energy with scheduling clients because we do not have to go back and forth discussing availability - they can just look at the calendar through the booking widget and book their own appointment.

Pros
I love that it enables my clients to easily make appointments online and sends them automated reminders, that I don't have to be involved in sending.

Cons
If you encounter a problem it can be very difficult to find the contact number for customer service through the square site.

Heidi Heath

Online Scheduling for Chiropractic Practice

Reviewed 2020-02-04

Square appointments is great for my chiropractic practice. Online scheduling is convenient for my customers and my staff. The platform is very user friendly, and easy to set up. My customers love the option to schedule online and ability to modify their own appointments. Appointment reminders have reduced the number of missed appointments.

Pros
Square appointments is extremely user friendly for my employees and for my customers. Email and text reminders reduce missed appointments.

Cons
It would be nice to have a feature that would allow you to schedule recurring appointments on certain days of the month (ex: 1st and 3rd Fridays).

Vanessa Turney

Stress free appointments

Reviewed 2019-12-06

This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pros
Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone.

Cons
Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

Swaroopa Saripalli

Great addition to Squareup

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-12-10

I like it overall because of the fact that scheduling and invoicing are on the same platform. But it's a little confusing while setting it up.

Pros
Having both appointment scheduling and invoicing on the same platform, the option to embed the scheduler on website

Cons
It definitely has a learning curve on setting the availability for different appointments. When I change availability for one service, the other services also reflected the changes which is not what I wanted. It took me a long time to figure out.

chris grayson

using Square appointments

Reviewed 2016-08-11

Pretty good but sometimes if a customer is on auto-repeat you cannot mark them as a No Show. The only option is Cancel Appointment. Also, it would be nice if you could adjust the settings to have for example 3 spots available in a 1 hour time slot. So if there were 2 people there, it would show that 1 spot is available. This would be great for my business because I have a semi-private personal training facility where I can train up to 3 people per hour. As of now if 1 person is there than it shows that no appointments are available at that time slot.

Pros
the ease of use is great.

Cons
There's a lot of things that could be improved. For instance, calculate how many appoints were cancelled or No Shows for a month. That's just one example.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Vesta Garcia

Excellent saas

Reviewed 2016-08-23

This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pros
-have customers pre-pay for appointments -manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees -fine tune cancellation periods -charge cancellation fees -useful analytics

Cons
-While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

Denise Johnson

Professional Edge

Reviewed 2018-11-15

My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros
Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons
I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

Cory Moore

Loving it!

Reviewed 2016-08-16

I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pros
I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Cons
I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

Anonymous

Amazing

Reviewed 2019-01-09

It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros
It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons
I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Jaree Whinery

Great Product!

Reviewed 2016-08-08

This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pros
I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Cons
Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

Meredith Caruso

User friendly with many functions

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

Pros
User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule

Cons
For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service

Tiffany Coleman

Appointments

Reviewed 2019-12-04

I have a wonderful time using square and I recommend it to everyone I know that’s in business

Pros
I love that I’m able to link my business ventures together as far as appointment setting and use of the online store.

Cons
What I didn’t like was the monthly fee but that’s gone now

Thomas Feis

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Reviewed 2019-04-11

Pros
I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons
I currently like everything about this software.

Kathleen Sluke

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed 2016-08-12

I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

Pros
I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

Cons
I havent found anything that I dislike.

Isaias Garcia

Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version

Reviewed 2016-08-10

This program is great, and is simple to use. For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pros
I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Beth Stoll

Auto Pilot Appointments!

Reviewed 2016-08-06

Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Pros
Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

Cons
The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

Domeka Buchanan

Urnailtech

Reviewed 2016-08-07

I enjoy my software .. It saves me time and stress. So grateful for the appointment book and app I can understand the software great. The fee for appointment book is very reasonable. The fee for accessories are also awesome.

Pros
Easy to access ..my clients love it..love instant deposit

Cons
Nothing much ..maybe the fee ..also would be nice if my clients don't have to put all their information in every time they schedule an appointment

Kevin Macconkey

Scheduling software built-in to a P.O.S.? Smart. Really!

Reviewed 2018-07-04

Pros
Super simple to set up and it's tied into my point-of-sale app. Also includes a booking webpage that is customizable, as well as a booking button customizer. There is even marketing options and customer loyalty programs built into the Square platform as well. It's an all-in-one delight of an app!

Cons
Set up can be a bit time-consuming, but what do you expect from such a robust, all-inclusive platform? It goes well beyond the scope of "just a pos" or "only a scheduling app".

Sharisse Davis

Great app, needs more options

Reviewed 2019-09-15

I really enjoyed using Square Appointments. It was so easy to use and I liked the entire set-up on the app. Everything was simple and to the point. I wish I could’ve continued using it though, but I had to switch my booking site because it came with some other options I needed most. If I could still run my booking site without those other options, I would still be using Square Appointments.

Pros
I really liked how simple everything on the Square Appointments app was made to be. Literally, everything I needed to do with my calendar I did it on the app and it was perfect.

Cons
I gave 4 stars for the Features and Functionality simply because if you are someone like me who offers a variety of services then it is a bit difficult to keep your booking site neat and organized without it looking like there are just a million things on a long list on your site. It would be much better to have an option where we can put our services into categories.

David Tecala

Square Appointments

Reviewed 2019-12-21

We are able to keep our studios schedule clear and organized for all clients who may want to book an appointment as well as keeping g it easy it read for the other employees so we each know when the studio is free or booked.

Pros
The ease of navigation and display of the interface makes booking and confirming appointments quick and painless. Being able to store client information to book to appointments also speeds up the process as well. The way the app syncs automatically with our studios home website makes organization between client and engineer schedules all the more manageable.

Cons
There's really only one con that comes to mind. I only wish I were able to clone events and drag them to other team members schedules in order to block off their time without having to create a new personal appointment for each employee to block off their time.