All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Square Appointments Reviews

Pros

It’s amazing to have your days in one place. Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing.

Daja H.

Read the full review
I liked how simple it was to confirm and book appointments. The reminders are great too they send out.

Jennifer C.

Read the full review
Its is great for people who have personal business that they run, like hair appointments, or make up.

Selena T.

Read the full review

Cons

Also the processing fees are a bit much. Recently I’ve had to reach out to them about fraud emails and scams I’ve been getting.

Natasha S.

Read the full review
They literally sent me an email stating I was in violation of their terms & agreements and sent me to vague sections of their legal babble.

Read the full review
The only problem with it is that typically our clients just want black and white, yes or no, a or b.

Alexandra G.

Remarkably Well Done

Great Product

Favorite booking app

Overall it’s my favorite booking app. It has everything in one without a monthly charge.

Pros

This is my favorite booking app. It has everything in one. Clients can book appointments and pay for service.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about it is that I can add photos to appointments for category purposes. But clients can’t see the photos when booking. It would be nice to be able to put a photo next to the service on booking page

Easy All-In-One System

I would highly recommend Square Appointments for a simple system that is elegant and user-friendly.

Pros

Square Appointments is great because it alleviates one less account you need. It handles merchant processing, product inventory, client records, appointment deposits and more.

Cons

I don't like the look/functionality of the embedded scheduling widget. It doesn't blend well with most websites and is very noticeably a square application. (Which I suppose is great/strong branding on their part)

Promising but very limited

Limited feature set for the price compared to cheaper more feature-rich alternatives available on the market. It's year 2016, and makers of this software still haven't implemented a simple feature like service name showing in the booked time slot when staff view the calendar. Unless you're using their iPad app their web calendar interface is horrible. Worst of all, this system is so primitive that...

Pros

It has a dedicated iPad app.

Cons

Customer has to fill out his name, email, phone and credit card every single time appointment is booked. That's annoying and enough to steer even the most loyal customers away.

Great Product

Pros

When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Cons

Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

So Easy To Use, Business Generating

Square Appointments has been fantastic for driving business to my private practice, as many people do not want to make a call or send an email to get started in therapy, but would prefer to just book an appointment. Also, it saves me time and energy with scheduling clients because we do not have to go back and forth discussing availability - they can just look at the calendar through the booking widget and book their own appointment.

Pros

I love that it enables my clients to easily make appointments online and sends them automated reminders, that I don't have to be involved in sending.

Cons

If you encounter a problem it can be very difficult to find the contact number for customer service through the square site.

Square is perfect for small businesses!

I love that I can integrate my google calendar with square. It’s amazing to have your days in one place! Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing. My clients like the text message option. It goes right to their phone and all they have to do is look in their messages to check, no logins and passwords to worry about for them.

Pros

I love that I can complete transactions and book the same client all in one place! I’m a one man show so this makes life easy and helps me retain business!

Cons

I don’t have many complaints with square appointments. It’s worked well with keeping my schedule intact.

Set your Appointments and get Paid in One

I needed a way to have clients schedule consulting and also pay for the time immediately. Before I was utilizing several online platforms that were not linked .

Pros

The ease in which you are able to set up the system was delightful,non invasive and efficient. I also like the fact someone can select from a menu to better customize their engagement with the process. ANd the mobile app is nearly identical to the desktop version which makes travel mode more efficient.

Cons

My initial set up was separate from my Square account however it is now an integral component. The new integration removed the need to work

Salon appointments

It's been okay. It took some time to get used to. Some things I would change.

Pros

This program is good for salon appointments BUT, it could be better. I love how it sends out confirmations for you.

Cons

Someone who runs a salon should really help make this program better. It's decent, but so much improvement can be made.

Excellent saas

This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pros

-have customers pre-pay for appointments -manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees -fine tune cancellation periods -charge cancellation fees -useful analytics

Cons

-While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

Good but limited

Most industries will loved the ease of use. I could not use it for my therapy practice.

Pros

As with everything Square does, Appointments was simple, easy, and functional. It offers outstanding automated scheduling for many professionals.

Cons

There was not enough customizable settings for my industry. I need to limit how many appts I do a day, not necessarily based on specific times. This was not possible with square appointments.

Online Scheduling for Chiropractic Practice

Square appointments is great for my chiropractic practice. Online scheduling is convenient for my customers and my staff. The platform is very user friendly, and easy to set up. My customers love the option to schedule online and ability to modify their own appointments. Appointment reminders have reduced the number of missed appointments.

Pros

Square appointments is extremely user friendly for my employees and for my customers. Email and text reminders reduce missed appointments.

Cons

It would be nice to have a feature that would allow you to schedule recurring appointments on certain days of the month (ex: 1st and 3rd Fridays).

Professional Edge

My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros

Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

Loving it!

I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pros

I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Cons

I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

Stress free appointments

This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pros

Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone.

Cons

Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

Amazing

It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros

It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons

I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Great Product!

This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pros

I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Cons

Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

User friendly with many functions

Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

Pros

User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule

Cons

For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service

Appointments

I have a wonderful time using square and I recommend it to everyone I know that’s in business

Pros

I love that I’m able to link my business ventures together as far as appointment setting and use of the online store.

Cons

What I didn’t like was the monthly fee but that’s gone now

Satisfied Customer

I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

Pros

I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

Cons

I havent found anything that I dislike.

Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version

This program is great, and is simple to use. For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pros

I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Cons

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Pros

I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons

I currently like everything about this software.

Great customer service and does what it needs

Great! Honestly, except for the forms situation...it was been what I need. Customer service reps are very nice and helpful.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it, it is well organized, and it is user friendly....especially for a new business owner like me

Cons

Yes, not having a forms option. I am in the beauty industry/PMU and it is super important for me to have clients fill out forms. Having to print them out and then having them fill them out on the day of their appointment is time consuming. I wish that Square already had the options to send clients forms (and forms with images on them). And having to turn on my location settings every time I wanted to log on to the app

Auto Pilot Appointments!

Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Pros

Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

Cons

The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

Urnailtech

I enjoy my software .. It saves me time and stress. So grateful for the appointment book and app I can understand the software great. The fee for appointment book is very reasonable. The fee for accessories are also awesome.

Pros

Easy to access ..my clients love it..love instant deposit

Cons

Nothing much ..maybe the fee ..also would be nice if my clients don't have to put all their information in every time they schedule an appointment

Great app, needs more options

I really enjoyed using Square Appointments. It was so easy to use and I liked the entire set-up on the app. Everything was simple and to the point. I wish I could’ve continued using it though, but I had to switch my booking site because it came with some other options I needed most. If I could still run my booking site without those other options, I would still be using Square Appointments.

Pros

I really liked how simple everything on the Square Appointments app was made to be. Literally, everything I needed to do with my calendar I did it on the app and it was perfect.

Cons

I gave 4 stars for the Features and Functionality simply because if you are someone like me who offers a variety of services then it is a bit difficult to keep your booking site neat and organized without it looking like there are just a million things on a long list on your site. It would be much better to have an option where we can put our services into categories.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.