Square Appointments Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It’s amazing to have your days in one place. Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing.

DH

Daja H.

We liked that it tied into Square and we wanted to keep everything inside of unified platform. We also like clean layout.

RD

Robert D.

I have a wonderful time using square and I recommend it to everyone I know that’s in business.

TC

Tiffany C.

Square has no emergency procedures. I was just told Monday morning that the initial complaint was not entered correctly and no one has even looked at our issue yet.

sb

sarah b.

I hate having to login with my email and password over and over.

AM

Ashley M.

The calendar is not functional at all. There is no calendar in the app either (computer only) so our techs in the field cannot use it.

jk

SalonBiz

Schedulicity-logocaret

Schedulicity

Compare both
How would you rate Square Appointments?

David C.

Instructional Designer

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Remarkably Well Done

Transcript

David C.: Hi, my name is David. I am a chief optimism officer in the photography industry, and I give...

Great Product

Transcript

Heather: Hi, I'm Heather, and I am a co-owner of a sports chiropractic facility, and I'm here to talk...

One of the easiest to set up app for appointments

Pros

I loved how easy it was to set up. There were quite a few steps involved, but the app provided the steps needed and let me know if I was missing anything.

Cons

I don't have many cons right now. So far it's met all of my needs.

Easy All-In-One System

I would highly recommend Square Appointments for a simple system that is elegant and user-friendly.

Pros

Square Appointments is great because it alleviates one less account you need. It handles merchant processing, product inventory, client records, appointment deposits and more.

Cons

I don't like the look/functionality of the embedded scheduling widget. It doesn't blend well with most websites and is very noticeably a square application. (Which I suppose is great/strong branding on their part)

Flawed system, allow's clients to take advantage of your business

horrible with apts.. they will not add any features despite over whelming crystals for the added apps because they don't agree or like the requested feature. the flaws in the card on file protection system that can be deleted from the client end cost the business money. their last of understand for adding feature is crazy. they have no idea what things are like from out point of view and refusing to fix these feature cause they don't think its necessary.

Pros

I like its connected to my register system, their price is affordable,

Cons

the system is super flawed. to book an apt you can require a card on file for no show protection. However clients can book an apt put card information in, then after they book the apt all they have to do is log into their account and delete their card on file. I am not notified they did it and when they don't show up for their apt I can't charge them because they took their card off their account...

Hands down the easiest and best appointment scheduling software.

Superb. Square appointments works great every time. Setup your hours, services, time required per services. Share your booking link. And ….GO!

Pros

Seamless integration with Squares payment system. One stop shop.

Cons

It’s so easy and does such a great job I don’t have any complaints at this moment.

Great Product

Pros

When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Cons

Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

Tiered pricing mistake

I was happy until they mucked up their pricing. With no option to continue select services without now paying $30/m vs FREE it’s a real sign for me to move on. How could you not consider that multi provider salons are phasing out and many more single suite clients would like to try Square? I have been using this for nearly 5 years and I will be leaving.

Pros

I used to love this free service. Used with the other services it was easy and convenient for both me and my guests.

Cons

Misappropriated tier pricing has driven me away. As a single person, I do not need to Italian the multiple locations or employee services but cannot retain confirmation and reminder contacts without paying $30/m. Other providers will do this and more for free.

So Easy To Use, Business Generating

Square Appointments has been fantastic for driving business to my private practice, as many people do not want to make a call or send an email to get started in therapy, but would prefer to just book an appointment. Also, it saves me time and energy with scheduling clients because we do not have to go back and forth discussing availability - they can just look at the calendar through the booking widget and book their own appointment.

Pros

I love that it enables my clients to easily make appointments online and sends them automated reminders, that I don't have to be involved in sending.

Cons

If you encounter a problem it can be very difficult to find the contact number for customer service through the square site.

Square is perfect for small businesses!

I love that I can integrate my google calendar with square. It’s amazing to have your days in one place! Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing. My clients like the text message option. It goes right to their phone and all they have to do is look in their messages to check, no logins and passwords to worry about for them.

Pros

I love that I can complete transactions and book the same client all in one place! I’m a one man show so this makes life easy and helps me retain business!

Cons

I don’t have many complaints with square appointments. It’s worked well with keeping my schedule intact.

Square appointments allows seamless appointment setting.

Allowing clients to 0ay at appointment set up makes a smooth transition without multiple steps from other processors.

Pros

Square appointments is easy to use and features everything that a small service oriented business needs. I love that clients can pay for the service from the appointment page.

Cons

At first I was confused on how to make payment from appointment window optional. The steps could have been more clear.

Square Appointment on the go

I enjoyed the use of the program. It was an issue when I didn't use square for all my clients. It wanted control of my schedule.

Pros

It connects to my Instagram account and website for clients to register on their own. The interface is simple to use. Very streamline.

Cons

That is connected to the square app. It need to connect to the app. All the appointments have to done inside square appointments.

The Best Appointment Integration for Online Booking

I was one of the first Canadian adopters, and when I noticed a small issue with the postal code field (which at the time was set up for only American zip codes), which affected a client's ability to book a session with advance payment, Square support was quick to resolve the issue, and they offered me some free transaction fee coverage for my trouble. While I eventually switched to payment at the time of service, I appreciated how quickly and deftly my issue was resolved.

Pros

It works seamlessly, and allows me to give my clients a Covid message, and a link to my client/practitioner agreement before they even book their session. I love that it integrates Square software and my Google Calendar, so there is no duplication of effort. Though I do not use the feature, it's brilliant that it will allow me to accept payment through Square at the time clients book an appointment.

Cons

Some of the backend features could use some tweaking. Given how many of us work from home, there should be an option for a client to choose a remote session, not just their home or my office. I always have to contact clients to find out if they want to meet at my office or work via Zoom. That choice should be one that clients can make clearly at the time of booking their session.

Online Scheduling for Chiropractic Practice

Square appointments is great for my chiropractic practice. Online scheduling is convenient for my customers and my staff. The platform is very user friendly, and easy to set up. My customers love the option to schedule online and ability to modify their own appointments. Appointment reminders have reduced the number of missed appointments.

Pros

Square appointments is extremely user friendly for my employees and for my customers. Email and text reminders reduce missed appointments.

Cons

It would be nice to have a feature that would allow you to schedule recurring appointments on certain days of the month (ex: 1st and 3rd Fridays).

Set your Appointments and get Paid in One

I needed a way to have clients schedule consulting and also pay for the time immediately. Before I was utilizing several online platforms that were not linked .

Pros

The ease in which you are able to set up the system was delightful,non invasive and efficient. I also like the fact someone can select from a menu to better customize their engagement with the process. ANd the mobile app is nearly identical to the desktop version which makes travel mode more efficient.

Cons

My initial set up was separate from my Square account however it is now an integral component. The new integration removed the need to work

Favorite booking app

Overall it’s my favorite booking app. It has everything in one without a monthly charge.

Pros

This is my favorite booking app. It has everything in one. Clients can book appointments and pay for service.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about it is that I can add photos to appointments for category purposes. But clients can’t see the photos when booking. It would be nice to be able to put a photo next to the service on booking page

Excellent saas

This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pros

-have customers pre-pay for appointments -manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees -fine tune cancellation periods -charge cancellation fees -useful analytics

Cons

-While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

Square for barbershop

I’m currently searching for another appointment system that has some of the features square is lacking, there’s just many things Square should offer for the beauty industry that they don’t and for such a big company they would be such a small changes I don’t understand why they don’t initiate them.

Pros

Square is one of the first POS systems that I used so I’m very familiar with it. It integrates easily with many different applications and has a fair amount of necessary features.

Cons

I pay a lot of money to use square for appointments square for payroll square for POS square for marketing etc. etc. I hate that every part of Square has a different app I wish I could all just be in one and I hate how they charge for every little thing, boy they make a ton of money off me and their customer service is horrible

Professional Edge

My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros

Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

Loving it!

I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pros

I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Cons

I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

Amazing

It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros

It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons

I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Stress free appointments

This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pros

Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone.

Cons

Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

Great Product!

This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pros

I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Cons

Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

Appointments

Pros

I love that I’m able to link my business ventures together as far as appointment setting and use of the online store.

Cons

What I didn’t like was the monthly fee but that’s gone now

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Pros

I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons

I currently like everything about this software.

User friendly with many functions

Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

Pros

User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule

Cons

For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service

Great customer service and does what it needs

Great! Honestly, except for the forms situation...it was been what I need. Customer service reps are very nice and helpful.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it, it is well organized, and it is user friendly....especially for a new business owner like me

Cons

Yes, not having a forms option. I am in the beauty industry/PMU and it is super important for me to have clients fill out forms. Having to print them out and then having them fill them out on the day of their appointment is time consuming. I wish that Square already had the options to send clients forms (and forms with images on them). And having to turn on my location settings every time I wanted to log on to the app