Square Appointments Logo

Square Appointments

The all-in-one point of sale for booking, payments, and more

Square Appointments Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.46/10

Reviews by rating

It’s amazing to have your days in one place. Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing.
We liked that it tied into Square and we wanted to keep everything inside of unified platform. We also like clean layout.
I have a wonderful time using square and I recommend it to everyone I know that’s in business.
Square has no emergency procedures. I was just told Monday morning that the initial complaint was not entered correctly and no one has even looked at our issue yet.
I hate having to login with my email and password over and over.
The calendar is not functional at all. There is no calendar in the app either (computer only) so our techs in the field cannot use it.

Carolyn B.

Owner, President.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Square Appointments Review: Square Appointments Is An All In One Platform.

Transcript

Carolyn B.: Hi, I'm Carolyn, owner Carolyn's Mobile Cat Grooming, it's a small business, and we give...

David C.

Chief Operating Officer

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Remarkably Well Done

Transcript

David C.: Hi, my name is David. I am a chief optimism officer in the photography industry, and I give...

Thomas F.

Photography, self-employed

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Pros

I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons

I currently like everything about this software.

SA

Sarah A.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Great app for salon and bridal events!

Overall love square appointments way more than other scheduling apps we’ve used. It is the easiest and most customizable.

Pros

User friendly, easy to edit, easy to customize in general appointments. Individual appointments are easy to customize but a little more time needed.

Cons

The app glitches when it comes to the required cc on file. Even if that option is selected in settings, some clients somehow still bypass it. This is a big deal when they are new clients and end up being a no show.

zl

zachery l.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Flawed system, allow's clients to take advantage of your business

horrible with apts.. they will not add any features despite over whelming crystals for the added apps because they don't agree or like the requested feature. the flaws in the card on file protection system that can be deleted from the client end cost the business money. their last of understand for adding feature is crazy. they have no idea what things are like from out point of view and refusing to fix these feature cause they don't think its necessary.

Pros

I like its connected to my register system, their price is affordable,

Cons

the system is super flawed. to book an apt you can require a card on file for no show protection. However clients can book an apt put card information in, then after they book the apt all they have to do is log into their account and delete their card on file. I am not notified they did it and when they don't show up for their apt I can't charge them because they took their card off their account...

Amazing

It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros

It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons

I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Square is a good and easy to use software.

Overall, it's good enough for me to continue use it. I recommended Square to one of my friends who starts her own retail business as well. If it's possible , I wish Square can lower down the credit cards payment process fee.

Pros

I like it's easy to set up and not expensive to start with just personal (no timeworker) use. No monthly fee is my most like part . It comes with a good monthly report for your business.

Cons

There's one thing I don't like is the 2.6% processing fee on credit cards payment . For a small business , it's too much for personal use.

IG

Isaias G.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version

This program is great, and is simple to use. For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pros

I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Kevin M.

Scheduling software built-in to a P.O.S.? Smart. Really!

Pros

Super simple to set up and it's tied into my point-of-sale app. Also includes a booking webpage that is customizable, as well as a booking button customizer. There is even marketing options and customer loyalty programs built into the Square platform as well. It's an all-in-one delight of an app!

Cons

Set up can be a bit time-consuming, but what do you expect from such a robust, all-inclusive platform? It goes well beyond the scope of "just a pos" or "only a scheduling app".

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Appointment scheduling ease

Pros

I have used this scheduling software as a client (booking services through someone using Square) many times, and it's very versatile. I've easily booked hair appointments to doctor's appointments through my phone. This not only saves me the hassle of calling and waiting on hold, as well as saves businesses valuable time--when otherwise they'd be answering phones.

Cons

For clients who are using this software for scheduling for their own business, it's important to always keep your appointments up to date. Nothing could be more frustrating than booking through this program, then finding out it was an incorrect appointment slot.

Mallisa M.

11-50 employees

Makes Scheduling Easy

Pros

I've written a review for this software in relation to our nutrition therapy business, but I've also started using this for my own personal nutrition consulting, which is structured very differently. I do freelance consulting and work remotely. The square system allows me to manage my schedule and clients from anywhere- with any device. It couldn't be easier or more helpful.

Cons

NO cons whatsoever. I am a huge fan of all the Square software AND their customer service. If there's ever a feature lacking they're sure to put in requests for you and they always go above and beyond to help.

Robert M.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Square Appointments Review

This software is perfect and our clients/borrowers love it! I would venture to say that about 80% of our clients book their appointments with us via this software/website. They request their appointment date and time, we accept it and then they show up whether it be a phone conference or a face to face meet. This allows us to free up our time to generate more business/find more clients. HIGHLY recommended!

Pros

Ease of Use Convenient Changes are quick Reminders to clients are efficient and effective

Cons

We haven't really found anything that we dislike about this software.

DC

Diana C.

Easy to use and Free!

Easy for my clients to schedule, rebook and cancel and reduced my phone calls I had to attend to significantly.

Pros

Easy to use and free! It doesn’t get much better than that.

Cons

I eventually changed to allow access to SOAP notes and intake forms specific to my needs but I loved Square Appointments functionality while using it.

AU

Allison U.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Square appointments in salon setting

Very good experience and recommend to everyone in the same insaturé as me

Pros

Easy to use and syncs with the square app for easy client payment.

Cons

I don’t have anything that I don’t care for at this time

DJ

Denise J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Professional Edge

My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because it’s so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros

Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each other’s schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything I don’t like with this system. Extremely pleased

CA

Cartier A.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Okay for beginners

Pros

My clients enjoyed the ease of booking.

Cons

No ability to list policies , forms , and no way to have your services categorized.

Vanessa T.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Stress free appointments

This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pros

Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone.

Cons

Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

cg

chris g.

1-10 employees

using Square appointments

Pretty good but sometimes if a customer is on auto-repeat you cannot mark them as a No Show. The only option is Cancel Appointment. Also, it would be nice if you could adjust the settings to have for example 3 spots available in a 1 hour time slot. So if there were 2 people there, it would show that 1 spot is available. This would be great for my business because I have a semi-private personal training facility where I can train up to 3 people per hour. As of now if 1 person is there than it shows that no appointments are available at that time slot.

Pros

the ease of use is great.

Cons

There's a lot of things that could be improved. For instance, calculate how many appoints were cancelled or No Shows for a month. That's just one example.

DO

Dawn O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great but outgrew it

Was excellent when I was a single service provider but as the spa grew we lit grew the software. It’s great for small business software but didn’t like it wasn’t salon specific enough.

Pros

This was very user friendly software. Easy to use.

Cons

It wasn’t great for a busy spa. Cashing out multiple services done with several service providers on one transaction wasn’t available. Reporting wasn’t strong enough either, keeping track of GCs was okay but not great.

VA

Vasyl A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Convenient app for Online Scheduling and Booking

Pros

Square Appointments is a convenient scheduling and booking solution for businesses. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for clients to book appointments and for businesses to manage their schedule and client information. It also offers automated appointment reminders, online payments and it integrates with other Square services for a more complete business management solution.

Cons

I am yet to discover any cons with this tool.

AD

April D.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Love this software

My overall experience with this software is awesome and I wouldn’t use anything else it’s that great

Pros

I love the fact that it’s easy to use and that it’s easy for my clients to use this has help my business greatly

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about this software because it has been great and I couldn’t live with out it

SD

Sharisse D.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Great app, needs more options

I really enjoyed using Square Appointments. It was so easy to use and I liked the entire set-up on the app. Everything was simple and to the point. I wish I could’ve continued using it though, but I had to switch my booking site because it came with some other options I needed most. If I could still run my booking site without those other options, I would still be using Square Appointments.

Pros

I really liked how simple everything on the Square Appointments app was made to be. Literally, everything I needed to do with my calendar I did it on the app and it was perfect.

Cons

I gave 4 stars for the Features and Functionality simply because if you are someone like me who offers a variety of services then it is a bit difficult to keep your booking site neat and organized without it looking like there are just a million things on a long list on your site. It would be much better to have an option where we can put our services into categories.

SG

Stephanie G.

Basic Booking

Pros

What I like most about this software is the calendar view when appointments are scheduled. It is very easy to navigate through the mobile site when looking at your schedule. The calendar is sharp and I like how there are different tabs at the top to navigate through clients, the clients who have booked online, as well as the basic overview of booking details. There is a notes section in each clients account so you can put notes about the client or formulas/things to notate on their account.

Cons

What I did not like while testing out this booking software is that it is too basic. The schedule is pretty much all one color and I like to see a breakdown in a detailed report for each client. I want to see a chart with the information of all the clients listed. It gets confusing when you are trying to view all these tools through the Square Appointments app. I also had a few issues with customer service where it took them longer than expected to get back to me.

TR

Taylor R.

Sports, 1-10 employees

It is perfect for our boat rental company

It works great for our boat rental company

Pros

They have built a good system with good support that allows us to easily get and manage online bookings.

Cons

There could be some more functionality built out that could allow us to further create other options on our reservation calendar.

AM

Ashley M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

A few waves in my smooth sailing

It's been smooth sailing with a few waves here and there. I'm really glad I can use both the square and the appointments together versus two different applications for one purpose.

Pros

I like the how my schedule comes up for the day. The reports, easy usage.

Cons

I hate having to login with my email and password over and over. I wish there were an app that I could stay logged in or just put in a 4 digit code for security purposes since my clients credit/debit cards could be charged. My customers hate that they have to put their card number in every time. The mobile layout needs a little work on some pages

LJ

Lauren J.

Square

Pros

Ease of customers to put appointments. I love that they receive a text and a email reminding them of their appointment

Cons

You can't put in two different locations

MR

Millie R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Square Appointments is Awesome!

Pros

Easy for customers to book, reschedule or cancel online! They can even make a payment.

Cons

Square Appointments App is not available for Android yet.