Zendesk Sell Logo

All-in-one sales platform for sales teams.

Zendesk Sell Reviews

Suggested alternatives

salesforce
zoho-crm
pipedrive

If you are already a Zendesk user, then I definitely recommend choosing Zendesk Sell as a way to expand reach and get higher quality leads. As with Zendesk, I love the simplicity of the program.
We liked Base because it does not cost too much and it is good with history. It also plugs with dropbox which is a good feature.
Base CRM has the best mobile apps seamless integrations with phonecalls, emails. Best feautures are Contactclipper, Outlook plugin, gmail support and superb integrations with other webbased apps.
Zendesk has the worst customer service, which is crazy because they are a customer service platform. Not many third-party integrations.
Wanted to give this system a chance but the code is so bad and the amount of times things break or functionality doesn't work is shocking. Upgraded our service and half the stuff stopped working.

PD

Patrick D.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

#1 sales CRM hands down !

As a Professional Business Technology Consultant for over 15 years, I've created, integrated and supported CRM Apps in verticals including but not limited to: Legal, Real Estate and Renewable Energy projects. Throughout my professional tenure I've not only written code but have had the experience of collaborating with EVERY SINGLE professional CRM applications on the market. My conclusion, Base CRM is THE answer to streamlining your sales & marketing processes and cycle.

Pros

SIMPLICITY SELLS! This is the genius behind Base CRM.

Cons

None that I've ever experienced in 3-4 years.

ZW

Zach W.

Entertainment, self-employed

Base is the CRM I decided to commit to using, and overall, I'm very happy with it.

Base has helped motivate me. It makes making calls fun because you can see your goals and your progress toward them. Base keeps me on top of what's important. For example, I called a business to see if they were interested in my services. I was told they were interested but to call back when they planned their event in a year! It's easy to set the task to call the lead back in a year, and even better is that the phone call was recorded. I can listen back and when I follow up, know exactly what's going on. Base has also given me a clearer picture of which sources of leads are best so I'm able to focus on them first. I could go on and on about the benefits of using Base. It's a huge part of my business.

Pros

The best thing about Base is that it works. I tried free trial versions of a couple of other CRMs and my first big test was importing data and mapping it. The very first time I tried this with Base, it worked without a hitch. The other CRMs I tried hit some kind of a snag. I'm sure I could have contacted support or messed with them and gotten then to work, but what's the point when Base worked...

Cons

In my list of pros, I mentioned that everything you could want in a sales CRM is built into Base. However, on the marketing side, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a one-man operation so I'm doing all of the sales and marketing myself. My solution was to get the minimal ActiveCampaign account they offer and use it for my automation and marketing needs. Base and ActiveCampaign can work together...

AW

Andrew W.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Avoid this Zendesk stepchild!

Non-existent support. Sales team pretends like they have no obligation to deliver on promises. This product is NOT intended for business use. It's a liability to Zendesk.

Pros

I used this product when it was Base CRM. It was a great crm, no fluff, just basic CRM features that worked really well.

Cons

Zendesk's acquisition of this product was a disaster! They've got a bunch of bugs with bringing it into their ecosystem. It took almost a month to provision our account. Yes... we paid for a month of "we'll get it working soon, I promise!" Since then, in the past 6 months, our account has just disappeared as if we cancelled it (we paid for the year already). No login, no access to information, and no support. Support from Zendesk takes a few days per response. Getting back into our account last time took over a week. Right now, we're locked out of our CRM. It's costing us tons of money!

DW

Daniel W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Very streamlined and efficient, user-friendly and easy to customize, great customer service.

Base made it easy for me to customize a CRM to exactly my needs, as well as bring all the functions of my business - from calls and emails to tracking deals and closings - into one place.

Pros

I'm in the real estate field and I've used maybe a dozen different CRMs over the years, both for myself and at different companies. I've worked in Salesforce, Top Producer, and CINC extensively. I found Base on accident while I was trying out a handful of new CRMs to kick off a new independent venture, and it's easily the best one. It automatically logs a huge number of my activities so I don't have...

Cons

There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

I Love This CRM!

Pros

I have used this CRM for 5+ years now and have tried a lot of other CRM's over the years and keep coming back to this. Its simple, easy to use, the layout makes sense for how a relationship progresses over time, it integrates into a lot of other software. I just love this in every way.

Cons

I honestly have no cons with Zendesk Sell. I love this software.

Brenden S.

Zendesk purchased Base CRM and let it die

We were a long time Base CRM user, but since Zendesk purchased the platform it seems as if they have stripped down the development and support resources. I had questions about the platform, and could not get any response from their support team after months, I tried their sales team and still took weeks to get a response to my inbound lead. What a shame.

Pros

Easy to use You could get a good understanding of all the interactions with a customer from one screen.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Base CRM is an awesome enterprise CRM and personal productivity tool

Pros

Automatic email, call, and text tracking, great full-featured mobile app, powerful and super intuitive web interface.

Cons

Lack of out of the box integrations compared to less user-friendly tools like Salesforce or Zoho, additional products from Base (reach prospecting / apollo) that extend functionality only available to larger teams

Excellent CRM

Pros

This product was the 4th CRM our company tried before we found the customization we were looking for. This program currently manages customer contacts and all job information for 7 different construction supply companies under our umbrella. We couldn't be happier!

Cons

They will customize A LOT...However, some things they just aren't willing to change. I understand, but it can be a little disappointing.

11-50 employees

Easy, convenient, effective

Information all in one. Easy access to notes. Email synced to notification for appts or follow ups.

Pros

All the information for a client is stored into one. You can see if an email was sent outside of Base or if an email that was sent from Base was opened and if so, how many times.

Cons

It does sometimes shut down and if so it does for hours. Believe they may have fixed the glitch though as it has not happened in some time

Good CRM

Good overall experience, nice tool that does what is needed

Pros

A straightforward, simple tool that allows good lead and deal management. Not many integrations but you can do a lot with custom API

Cons

Leads and contacts are separate which can create duplicate issues. Email sequences can be improved.

AS

Angelique S.

Legal Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Zendesk Sell: Mobility and Integration Solution!

Zendesk Sell was well rounded and flexible to cater to our needs. It has various features that we are able to utilize, and smoothen up the sales process, such as customization of sales deals, automation of tasks and roles, forecasting sales, deal customization, even the organization of smart lists, and yeilding reports.

Pros

As an independent sales representative for Medical Justice, we aimed to be both mobile and flexible for our clients. The company has then decided to dive into an all new CRM software that brings forth mobility and integration that would allow adoption and improvement from the representatives; this is how Zendesk Sell came into the picture. Zendesk Sell happen to offer and provide every detail the company needed for a CRM. It was perfect! It was our solution!

Cons

So far, it's has been helpful and we love the fact of how flexible it was to cater to our needs, therefore, there is nothing to dislike, nor cons that we could think of.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Finally something new and interesting from Zendesk

The overall experience with Zendesk sell has been really good, I would recommend it.

Pros

Our team really liked this tool over salesforce. There are a ton of really great options and features, along with a pretty easy to use UI.

Cons

This is a new offering for Zendesk and the onboarding process left a lot to be desired. I do believe this will improve over time.

gl

gil l.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Trial Over, locked out of account, can't get access to my data: I trusted them with my company!

I am on day 3 of having no access to all my data. I can't get anyone to help me pay and regain access after my trial (I started trying to sign up with 1 1/2" days left in the trial. My sales associate has vanished, no one is answering the sales phone number, no one is responding to my emails or phone messages. I have spoken to support, they can't help. They told me they would ping sales and label it "urgent." I called a phone number I pulled off of google, and the man apologized and said he'd help, but I still have no access or responses hours later. Ironic that they are a customer service management software company and they can't effectively manage a customer... Unbelievable. I trusted them with the data of my company and now I don't have access to it...

Pros

It was easy to implement and customize and I hit the ground running

Cons

The emails lag in arriving, and generally are not user friendly, I can't figure out how to have more than one contact per deal, and some features I want are not included in the lower tier version unlike their main competitor.

GF

Gabriel F.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Does not support SaaS business model. Very overpriced in comparison to other options in the market

Zendesk is good for companies that sell products and don't need advanced reporting capabilities. For other businesses, it is not a good option. The system is ok despite its limitations, but the price should be halved for it to be worth it.

Pros

The system is intuitive and it is fairly easy to customize and set up. Available reports are very customizable and easy to use.

Cons

System has limited functionalities. It mainly doesnt support SaaS business model and lacks certain key and also unimportant features. Despite excelling at the available reports the system offers, it does not allow you to access other key reports to the business without upgrading to the most expensive option (199$), leaving key business metrics to be manually calculated unless you pay 200 bucks per user.

NP

Nicole P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Sales Pipeline motivates our sales team

Pros

Base CRM helps managing our team with deals within the Pipelines. It always motivates the team when they say the prospects moving within the Pipeline in the right direction. Its a helpful CRM for sales people and help them define their activities.

Cons

the mobile view need more attention to improve the activities management. The reporting of visual elements can be improved as well.

HS

Harry S.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Goof value, great service

Overall good product, with some small drawbacks.

Pros

The best aspect of this product is its flexibility and cross functional uses. I am able to manage from a sales operations standpoint and all of the reps are able to track and log from their mobile devices. The ability to customize the funnel stages is also critical to the way my company uses Base and makes our entire sales team far more efficient.

Cons

There are some drawbacks in the analytics side of Base CRM. I do not always have the ability to procure the reports that I need and must accomplish them in the excel outputs. It is a manual process but only for the folks doing a deeper dive into the analysis.

zl

zach l.

Base is okay. I probably wouldn't recommend them.

I get to track my leads. That is a big deal to me.

Pros

I like how I can keep track of my leads. I can turn them into whatever categories I choose and I can follow them through until they become clients.

Cons

I don't like the lack of integrations. When I want to integrate with other software Base is very lacking in that regard.

JR

Jessica R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Base Crm

The base is a great client tracking software. Offering high-level reporting, whole team call, and email monitoring, and a very good integrated mobile app Base gets the job done for keeping track of your internal communications.

Pros

The mobile app syncs with each team member's phone and creates activity reports for each client. At any given moment you can check to monitor all communications, email, and calls sent to each client by your team. The activity stream allows the admin to monitor all communications for each team member in one place and creates a log to archive client interaction historically.

Cons

Base CRM works with a 3rd party quoting software integration. Which can be confusing during the transition with your team. The third party does offer email tracking to see if the clients are opening the emails and the actual proposal allows clients to choose from a selection of optional items that auto calculates into the final total as they decide which work to complete out of a list.

AD

Adam D.

Management Consulting,

Fantastic CRM

Pros

Base's Support Team is fantastic. They flew out members of their team to get us set up. They gave shirts and other swag, and were a delight to deal with. Online support is fantastic, and quick. Base itself is easy to use, and has a streamlined work Flow. There software is very user friendly and modern. You can get up and running in a matter of days. Reach out to them and find out if their software will fit your needs. Either way, I'm sure they will be warm and welcoming to your team.

Cons

We ultimately moved away from base because there was no way to create some key API integrations that we needed in our industry. I occasionally imported a doc that resulted in a few hundred duplicate users. They could be cleaned up quickly, but still inconvenient. :(

JM

Justin M.

Computer Software,

Everything I have ever wanted in A CRM

Pros

Base is great for small companies that want to get started with a CRM that has fantastic user support, easy information entry, and fantastic smart lists. If you are a company that has between 100 to about 2000 clients, you will love Base and their team. It's powerful, and can be taught in a day and shows users value from day one.

Cons

Let's face it, you are town between using Base or Salesforce, and so were were. While base is cost effective in the beginning, we spent hundreds of engineering hours trying to migrate to Salesforce eventually, resulting in a negative savings. While I love Base for it's simplicity, if you know you will one day move, move to Salesforce today. Maybe one day Base will offer the amount of features and integrations that Salesforce has, but not today.

DS

Desirae S.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Base CRM

Overall this is a decent CRM for a young company. However, as with any CRM, you need to sit down and do your homework. Look at where your business is now and where you want it to be in a few years. Will you outgrow this app quickly or will it serve your needs well over the long term. If you feel you may outgrow the app in short order, you may want to consider jumping right over to Salesforce rather than try to migrate your data. If you feel this app will serve your company and users well over several years, it is a solid option.

Pros

What I liked best about this app is that it is fully integratable with other systems, and has great native mobile apps.

Cons

What I liked least about this product was the ease of use, there is a bit of a learning curve. Also, the setup costs are a bit high.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Clean, in a good suite -- but not clear

Beautiful interface, but very difficult to operate.Difficult to find things at least at first sight. My usage is Pipedrive, Hubspot and Sales Force. Here it is difficult to make it flow. But it might be my little experience in this specific tool.

Pros

Clean interface.It is within a super strong suite, remember me Netsuite in the 2010, getting super strong in sales and customer support, as Sales Force in the early days. Good potential.

Cons

Really not intuitive.Great difficulty in the beginning to understand how to create a company, contact or a deal. It seems that things are hidden.

GB

Gregory B.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

A very nice sales pipeline with nice editing and filtering features

Pros

Nice user interface. Nice ability to edit data on custom lists without needing to open a form. Pretty easy to create and filter lists, then store the configuration for later. Email integration is nice for storing all your conversations. Base handled the import well and was good at working with our sales people.

Cons

Support is only by email and often takes a day to answer your question. Although you can customize by adding fields and manipulating views, there are aspects of the pipeline you can't change. The help system and documentation leaves a good deal to be desired when digging into the system.

MM

Michelle M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Zendesk - super easy and great support

Pros

Great for the team. Makes less busy work.

Cons

Activity tracking could be more enhanced

MB

Marc B.

Computer Software,

Mixed, some very good features, but also poorly designed

Pros

Easy to use, quickly implemented, reasonably priced

Cons

Google apps sync is really bad, users all over the world complain about the very poor solution already since 2013 but base doesn't do anything about it. This and some other major issues led us to change to another solution. Support and online tutorials is also not satisfactory. Base tries to sell you something really hard and they don't care about their customer base.