BioRAFT

Laboratory risk management system for organisations

BioRAFT Reviews

Karen H.

Ease of completing the inspections and the ability to take and save pictures.

michael p.

Erik C.

John D.

Exporting the chemical inventory where it is readable and printable has been a real disappointment. The Labs vs Spaces disconnect is absolutely ridiculous and does not seem very well thought out.

3.9

Essential to growing our safety culture

Pros

How it created a path for communication between researchers and the labs and our safety group. That and how we were able to engage the researchers in their own health and safety the systematic and scalable way.

Cons

Any kind of change is difficult, but the BioRAFT team helped us make this change with the least amount of pain I think is possible.

BioRAFT is so much better than our previous audit program

I generally use BioRAFT to look into problems associated with individual laboratories.

Pros

BioRAFT is so much better than our previous audit program. We went from a 30% response rate to 100% response rate in a single audit cycle.

Cons

The system could be a little more intuitive. It could also be more customizable to the needs of the individual institutions.

University of Arkansas Lab Auditor Review

Overall BioRAFT has been more trouble than helpful. It only works if the professors and students use it and many have been very frustrated with it so they do not use it until we tell them to. I have many emails from professors complaining about multiple aspects of the software that I would be happy to share.

Pros

I like the tracking of lab members and their training. That s about it. But that only works if the professors do their part. Many professors have complained about the inability to temporarily suspend a member who has left the lab and will return at a later date. they do not like the fact that they have to remove the member and reenter them to stop the harassing emails regarding overdue training.

Cons

Everything else. 1. I especially do not like the software bugs and the enormous amount of time it takes to use. Being logged out or loosing entered information after saving has been the biggest problem among many. I have multiple emails regarding lost time and data. I have to copy and paste everything I key into BioRAFT into a word document in anticipation that what I entered could be lost. 2. Exporting the chemical inventory where it is readable and printable has been a real disappointment. 3. The Labs vs Spaces disconnect is absolutely ridiculous and does not seem very well thought out.

Works well for our needs

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive to use.

Cons

There are quite a few places where the wording isn't exactly perfect for our needs and we've been told customization was not possible.

Review system implementation engineer

Overall usage perspective system is very good. More customizations needed. Each module requires some improvements. Overall system implementation and support is good. Timely responses for minor tickets. Some tickets which involves more technical work either needs to be fixed on a timely manner or users need to be updated on the status.

Pros

. Implementation phase is very interactive and supportive. . System is easy to administer but bit slow. . Records keeping is great. . Presentation of dashboards and data at the lab levels are very useful. . User friendly wizards.

Cons

. Application is too slow. . More customizations needed for dashboards and Reports. . More customer centric customizations needed. . Inspection reports need to be more visual. Right now they are all text and not that catchy. . Pictures from inspection reports are not easily accessible. . Permissions at each level (Center level, lab levels) need to be improved. . Institution level permissions...

Not Intutive

Pros

Supported by a contract team of programmers, not dependent on a in house staff that changes

Cons

We have WiFi accessibility issues in some of the lab buildings, in a perfect world, audits and equipment inventories, all could be done on a iPAD or phone, however, its not a perfect world and printing out Audit and Inventory forms directly is difficult for remote on the spot data entry.

Benefits of BioRAFT

This software is essential for us to deliver EHS programs to the scope and scale required for our organization.

Pros

The product is very intuitive for both those building the platform and using the product.

Cons

There are no cons to this product that I have seen.

Bioraft review

As a lab head, I've found the system to be a net benefit. It helps keep all lab users on the same page and up-to-date with training protocols. For those who have federal inspections as well, this is a system that groups like APHIS and CDC like to see on the lab protocols and adoption of this system has made such inspections much easier.

Pros

This is a great platform to ensure all of your lab employees/students are getting the proper training. It's also a very good resource for communicating between lab heads and Health and Safety administrators. You can see at a glance who is in your lab and what training they have or need.

Cons

Communications between lab heads and Health and Safety administrators are very clunky. Multiple duplicate "check off" messages need to be sent back and forth for seemingly no reason. A minor issue, but "finding" the place to log into Bioraft from our university web system is not always easy or intuitive.

BioRAFT review

Pros

The best part about the software is you can have all your programs under one interface with a single login.

Cons

Its pretty slow and not very customizable. If you want a certain feature it needs to be change that will happen to all users

Great Product

Pros

_ Ease of access - Integration - Dashboards

Cons

- Speed - Interface needs development - More Job roles

2 Years with BioRAFT

Overall, I have felt that after implementation of the software for our research program, we have increased responses, transparency, feedback and overall support for our labs. No software will be perfect, the initial set up of BioRAFT took time to implement and to fit our safety program, but with the help from BioRAFT support we were able to enhance our program with the adoption of the platform.

Pros

The BioRAFT software has been an integral part of our research safety program. We adopted BioRAFT around 2 years ago and have worked with the BioRAFT team to tailor the software to better fit our research safety program. One of the main benefits of the software is the ability for enhanced correspondence between the research lab and our safety team. The utilization of the correspondence tab, response features, and comment box has allowed us to review feedback and provide better support for our researchers. Furthermore, automated follow-up reminders were critical in maintaining consistent compliance with our research labs. Our ability to set it and forget it, having BioRAFT reminder emails do the work has allowed us to work more efficiency while maintaining records.

Cons

One of the most frequent complaints is initial usability on the researchers side. The initial set up of lab profiles for some of the labs seems to cause some issues. The wizard set up process has helped guide the user in setting up their lab profiles. From the point of view of an EHS professional, limitations of the software can be seen, to some extent, with the ability to modify some of the features. We were hoping to modify the columns for location spaces (labs), to include date inspected, but this option was not possible after talking with BioRAFT support.

Excellent software

Overall, I feel we chose the right software for out needs.

Pros

I really like having all the information about my lab responsibilities on one page. The dashboard functions for reports are excellent. It is really easy to communicate with the researchers through this system. Tracking and following findings is really easy in the inspection module.

Cons

One thing i really don't like concerns the inspection module. The sysqtem does not bring you back to the inspection list once you update a specific inspection and submit it. You have navigate back to the list using the left navigation menu. It should just take you back to the inspection list once you submit. The following are little things that would make the system a lot better: - Exportable dashboard graphs. - Email reminders for equipment certifications or expirations in the equipment module. - option to add additional equipment that is not in the preached list.

A Game Changer!

I have greatly enjoyed the implementation and usage of BioRAFT. Representative and her team have been excellent in walking us through the process. I love how it streamlines not only the processes on the EHS end, but also lessens the burden on researcher end.

Pros

I love that this is one place where you have all laboratory information right at your fingertips. It's user-friendly, has a fast response time, and automates many of the processes that I used to have to do manually.

Cons

It doesn't have every little bell and whistle that we might ideally want, but they are constantly receiving feedback from users and working to improve the product.

BioRAFT from a student perspective

Overall, the software does what it needs too, but the user interface and navigation could be reformatted and refined to put prevalent information in easier to find locations (Ex. returning to a page that lists training to be done with better status indication).

Pros

The training is in depth and provides enough information to be safe without getting too bogged down in details. It is easy to see the lab sections i am a part of, as well as the training status of members of the lab. The notifications that my training is due to expire are helpful reminders.

Cons

The navigation can be difficult when trying to renew multiple training in one go. Getting to the page that tells you what you have left is difficult.

BioRaft has potential.

Pros

It appears that the software can be made fairly comprehensive.

Cons

It's slow; some of the display 'slides' are garbled; the criteria on the 'slides' seem to change from time to time; there are misspellings; some of the information is inaccurate or inconsistent.

Bioraft review

Pros

I like that PIs can be established under labs, and training can be assigned to persons in the lab.

Cons

The chain of command within the software is buggy. You must be assigned to a lab, and labs cant have multiple PIs.

Pros

It works as a friend and it is great product to work with.

Cons

Nothing. Software is very user friendly.

BioRAFT Implementation Baylor University

Pros

Available customization of the software is beneficial and the interface is user friendly.

Cons

The BioRAFT software is somewhat expensive.

BioRAFT Review

Pros

Easy to use. Trainings are informative.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have a preset template of all of the trainings used for my lab so that when I add a new member I can just click the template and have all trainings automatically pop up instead of having to go through every tab to select what training is needed.

My experience with BioRaft

Pros

It is user friendly. You do not need to have any training to get started.

Cons

The interface with our university does not seem to work very smoothly all the time.

BioRAFT Review

Pros

Customer support is excellent. Covers multiple EHS functions.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface feels clunky.

So-So

Pros

Ability to assign lab members for training.

Cons

The instructive and annoying reminders. I don't have time to do everything immediately...back off!

Bioraft- Review

Nice.. All at glance

Pros

Everything organised, all the trainings. Certificates can be easily accepted. Labs details can be monitored.

Cons

I think nothing much to say. Its nicely organised

BioRaft Review

Overall positive experience although a little slow at times.

Pros

I like the ability to see each lab members training records. Also like the ease of signing up to training courses directly via BioRaft.

Cons

I find the software quite slow to open and make changes.

Inspections

this will help us with inventory and inspection process. possible future will be to help us determine who needs what kind of training depending on hazards.

Pros

ease of completing the inspections and the ability to take and save pictures.

Cons

No sure yet. still kinda new on our part