Yext Logo

One platform. Limitless solutions.

Yext Reviews

Suggested alternatives

uberall
ravenpack-news-scores
agency-analytics

I love that updates and changes are seamless with this software over multiple platforms. Also love the ability to track and monitor reviews all in one place.
Support team has been excellent getting us started with the capabilities of the app. We have many happy clients thanks to the help of Yext.
Great customer service, great and easy to use software that quickly and effectively gets client information published on the web.
The customer support is horrible after implementation. It takes almost a month for Yext to respond to questions and they do not allow you to talk to a real person unless you pay an additional 20.
For the price, I just don't see the value, the vast majority of the search engines and directories they list are useless, especially for small businesses.
Another thing that has always perplexed me about Yext is that it doesn't seem to actually do much in the ay of data analytics besides grab readily available information from Google.

George P.

Agency Development / Information Services

Insurance, 11-50 employees

A must have to keep your internet presence information consistent across all sites!

Transcript

George P.: Hi, I'm George and I'm the director of systems development. I give Yext five stars. For more...

Anne M.

Sr Manager, paid media & social media strategy

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great way to distribute information to multiple sources

Transcript

Anne: Hi, my name is Anne and I am the Manager of Paid Media and Social Media Strategy for a real estate...

Dairy, 501-1,000 employees

Yext is the Busy Marketer's Solution to Updated Directory Listings

Yext has saved me time and added so much value to my business. It is incredibly easy for me to quickly update my store hours, add holiday information, or open/close a location. The customer service team is proactive in suggesting ways to make my listings work harder for me.

Pros

Let me be real-no one likes updating directory listings. It's a thankless, tedious job. BUT...Yext makes it a thousand times easier. The user interface is very user friendly, the customer support is amazing and the results speak for themselves. Directory Listings is never a marketer's highest priority but it's an important aspect of customer engagement, Yext has made it easy for me to do that with the tools provided in the software.

Cons

We recently added their review response package to our agreement, I wish there was a way to bulk approve suggestions made by Google.

Thank you for the wonderful review! We've been the industry leader in Listings for quite a while, and it's great to hear that we're still on top of our game with feedback like this. If you have any more feedback, you can always reach out to your CSM or reach out to Support at support@yext.com if you need help in the platform. Thanks again!

ML

Michal L.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Easy way for a small business to ensure business listing sites have consistent information

Ensure correct and consistent listings across all the myriad business listing sites at one time and on one site.

Pros

EASY!!!: I have used Yext for 3 years for our small law office to make sure we have good, consistent listings across all the proliferation of business listing sites. If you have a web presence for your business, you likely know how important it is to have your business name, address, and phone number appear the same on all these sites to ensure Google correctly recognizes the business. But if your...

Cons

Social media management: I don't particularly like or use the social media management features. I find them too rudimentary for what we need. Yext is a bit pricey.

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with Yext. We will pass on your feedback to our team.

DP

David P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Poor Experience All Around - Please Avoid

When finally attempting to use the software it was unbelievably difficult, not applicable to our needs, and frustratingly unusable. Our first call with support was a joke. The support representative said, to "perform some functions" we had to go up to the URL and remove some text. I couldn't believe my ears. We quickly learned as an "agency" we could not connect GMB (GBP) of our clients to Yext because...

Pros

I was very excited at first. The sales process was very smooth and the demo they showed was impressive. I also really like the Hitchhiker's idea for education and support. I was very excited, they have an impressive sales team, but unfortunately, that was the end of it.

Cons

-- Onboarding was all over the place. How we had to use the software was laughable. -- Interface (UX/UI) was anything but intuitive. -- Queries were extremely difficult to run without memorizing multiple steps and impossible to train staff on. -- Integration with GBP didn't exist, definitely not a Google Partner.

Adam D.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Manages our client's listings and notifies us of reviews.

Yext manages our listings for all of our clients. It also monitors for any reviews and sends an email notification when our clients get one.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and automates a very labor intensive process. Yext is a significant portion of our local SEO and citation building/management strategy. The system is as easy as can be. You fill in the blanks, upload the pictures, connect the accounts, and hit submit. It is that easy. Yext will also monitor for duplicate listings. It would provide a side by side view of the listing it created and the potential duplicate. That way you can decide what to do with it. And if you want the listing suppressed, you ask Yext to do so.

Cons

Cost is the biggest factor. It is honestly perfectly priced. Because if it was any higher in cost, I wouldn't get it. But it is just cheap enough for us to keep it. I just don't feel like it is a 'great' value. There are a number of features we just don't use. Like the analytics. But that might just be because we are an agency and pay to have higher quality analytics than what comes with Yext. One...

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and will convey it to our team!

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Yext for your Directories.

Overall we have to use Yext because it seems like they have a monopoly on directory listing software. It has been an okay experience but not great.

Pros

This is a widely used and fairly easy to use software that allows us to manage listings for hundreds of clients. They also allow us to integrate their software with ours.

Cons

It can be very buggy at times. Sometimes things will connect and sometimes things will not connect.

Thank you for your review! Managing listings for hundreds of businesses is a tall order. We want to ensure Yext continues to be the best and most powerful tool in this space. We'd love to connect with you to discuss your account and any opportunities to optimize your Knowledge Graph and ensure your clients' Listings are live. Please reach out to us at help.yext.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Thanks again for your review and for being a valued Yext Partner.

Kevin M.

Used other for less than 6 months

Super Simple to use but you can find better options out there

Overall, I was disappointed to say the least. They did NOT deliver what they promised. In fact, there were things the sales rep flat out lied about.

Pros

For someone brand new to citations & business listings, this is a great program...As long as you keep paying for it.

Cons

They claim to keep all of your information current and up to date across your website, social media channels, & 100's of business directories while also suppressing and getting rid of duplicate listings & inaccurate listing information, and they do (kind of). First off, it takes their "Knowledge Manager" an abnormally long time to update all of your owned channels (website, social pages, etc...) &...

We strive serve you with the highest quality products. Thank you for the positive things you shared about Yext. I also apologize for the confusion on the how our product works. When you update your digital knowledge in the Yext Knowledge Manager we supply it to publishers immediately through direct API connections. Most will update in real time. When it doesn't, they determine the speed that it...

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Great software to use

It has been nothing but positive working with yext for me

Pros

This software is wonderful we use this daily at my job and yext is a service that will direct your business to 80 plus directories. We are able to go right into yext and update a address phone number website and it will automatically update it on the listings.

Cons

I do not feel like there are any cons this software actually helps me do my job better and it is a efficient way

Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear about your company's positive experience with our products.

Maria F.

Insurance, self-employed

Great advertising tool

Our company has used them for our website and we love yext we have seen in increase in sales for using yext.

Pros

Our company using Yext for our advertising and so far we love it.

Cons

I can't complain it actually reminds you if you need to work on you profile with them. So whats to dislike??

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Maria. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have you as a longstanding client!

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Yext is great for handling our Placement tool!

Overall Yext is great and super efficient with handling our clients listings!

Pros

We use Yext to help manage the listings of our clients and so far so good! They are super responsive and I love how everything is updated pretty quickly when you submit or if you have a question

Cons

The only thing that is a little confusing is the Review status and Cancelled status. If they are under review, it doesn't really give an indication of whether there is an issue or not and if a clients listing is cancelled, it doesn't really give you a reason as to why. You have to either resubmit it or ask Yext to clarify. Also, they do not do internal transfers if a client switches to our company- you have to cancel them out with the first company and then submit a new listing with Yext

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you're getting exactly what you need out of Listings. We want to make sure we clear up any questions you have about Reviews. Just reach out to support@yext.com and our wonderful Support team will take care of it. Thanks again for the review!

Listings aren't permanent :(

Overall, Yext is great with an active subscription. Once cancelled, basically starting from ground zero w/ the previous directories.

Pros

I love how many directories are associated w/ Yext. When the subscription is live, this boosts SEO tremendously.

Cons

I do not like the fact that once you cancel Yext, all of the previous directory listings . I get it, but I just don't like it.

Thank you for leaving your review. We appreciate your feedback. To clarify, once a business cancels with Yext, Yext no longer sends the brand data to the sites in our network. Afterwards, this business information becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in the data and content changing over time.

RH

Rich H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Auto renewal and customer service

Poor customer service, especially during the Covid period.

Pros

Listing management was very good. Review monitoring also very good. However, their customer service is poor.

Cons

I had been a customer since 2018 with all my customers using the service. I was automatically renewed in late February. I reached out to my rep to discuss and he never responded. I just concluded a three month communication with Yext's ticket system and they will not cancel my auto renewal as they claim i had inform them 30 days before renewal. Had a rep contacted me i would have. These are touch times. All my agency's clients are closed. I had cancelled each individual client account with Yext. I offered to pay one month as a compromise but they will not accept. I just told them to terminate my account completely and will never work with them again. I assume i will see them in court. What a poor way to treat a customer. There are plenty of other services out there.

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the experience you had with the team. We strive to give our clients advanced notice of their account renewal and are working on ways to improve the process. We'd love to get in touch to hear more about your experience. We'll reach out to you directly but you can always reach us at support@yext.com.

JB

Jason B.

Great Value for the price

Pros

I have locations that are constantly updating their hours and I can update one platform instead of having to log into multiple platforms. The analytic data is robust and we use it for our monthly reporting.

Cons

Several glitches and bugs when new features are rolled out. If an API breaks or has issues, users are not alerted or have a place to check for issues.

Thank you for leaving your review, Jason. We're glad that you find great value in our products and services, and that you've saved time updating your data with our platform. We appreciate your feedback around new product roll outs and notifications and will pass that on to our team.

Good Software

My overall experience with Yext has been really good. The account managers are very helpful and Yext support always gets back to me quickly with issues and questions.

Pros

I like the ease to set up accounts as well as the feature to suppress duplicate listings and keep track of featured messages.

Cons

Not too happy with the basic reporting system.

Thank you for your review. We will pass your feedback on the reporting to our team. If you have any additional feedback, we'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact us directly at support@yext.com.

ss

spring s.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great to use until you stop paying and they reverse the listings

When you pay you see benefits but once you stop paying and it's reversed you didn't get any value just a headache.

Pros

About five years ago they had a fantastic sales person who provided tons of support and made sure things were quickly resolved.

Cons

Once you stop paying for the service, listing are reversed. I had many conversations with support about this but they just wanted more money and continue paying to fix the issue.

Thank you for leaving a review. Yext does not hold your data hostage. Cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert. When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time. If you have additional questions, please email support@yext.com.

NW

Nicole W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable Location Management Tool

I've had a great overall experience with yext. When I have questions my rep answers in a timely manner.

Pros

I run google pages/online listings for close to 200 clinics across the United States and Yext makes managing minor changes very easy. We've also seen great results in how are listings are doing from an SEO standpoint.

Cons

The analytic reporting was slightly delayed at first but they fixed that!

Thank you for your review, Nicole. We love to hear that you're seeing results and that your rep has been a great partner. If you have any additional feedback to share, you can reach out to support@yext.com.

KR

Kyle R.

Essential Local Listings Tool

Pros

This is an essential tool we use for the majority of our clients. Great for keeping business information consistent across the myriad of online listings.

Cons

No real cons to speak of beyond a couple of technical errors, which were quickly resolved by Yext support.

Thanks for the kind words, Kyle. Great to have MAN Marketing on board as a client!

SP

Samuel P.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Perfect for Marketing Companies

Pros

When you work for a company that has hundreds and hundreds of clients, it's difficult to manage dozens of directory listing. Yext makes it a lot easier to do so. Whether they're minor updates or changes that need to be made.

Cons

Sometimes certain features disconnect if it's integrated into your own platforms.

JV

Jared V.

Ensure people can find your business online

Pros

Lists your business on hundreds of sites instantaneously and ensures the information is accurate across all these different sites. Yext is a great tool to help people find your business online.

Cons

Responding to reviews on listings that were created by Text can be confusing, but other than that, there's not many bad things I can say about this software.

Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear that Yext has made it easy to manage your business listings. We value your feedback, and we'll pass it along to our team. If you have questions, you can check out our Help page (https://help.yext.com/hc/en-us) or email support@yext.com.

AS

Alyson S.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Streamlined Platform, easy to use, maximum time saver

Maximum efficiency in ensuring my business information is accurate across all listings online...super time saver, and covers sites we didn't know we were listed through.

Pros

Very easy to use, allows maximum efficiency to keep business information accurate and up-to-date, facilitating even the most minute of business changes(seasonal hours, menus, unexpected closures, etc.) across all major(and minor!) listings.

Cons

Review notifications are not instant--within 24 hours, but not instant. Though the menu widget is impressive--for business with service/food menus that are established in a different format(pdf., etc.) it would be nice to simply upload our existing files, rather than have to build it in the menu widget.

Thank you for writing a review! We are glad that you have had such a great experience using Yext. Our team will continue working hard to make sure our platform exceeds expectations!

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Awesome platform for multi-unit data management!

Overall Yext provides exceptional results at a reasonable cost.

Pros

I love the ability to control multiple entities from one source of truth that then populates out to the various networks/data aggregators.

Cons

The review platform could use some revamping/improvements.

Thanks for leaving your review and your helpful feedback.

We love Yext

Overall we will keep using Yext great product.

Pros

We love Yext so much, it has helped us take our client's online presence to a new level.

Cons

wished they had more training for their Partners.

Thank you for leaving your review and for your feedback. We're happy to hear that our solutions have helped your clients find success.

HO

Hailey O.

Yext Solutions for Location Listing Management

Syndicating data across the web can be a daunting task for anyone. With Yext, that task is manageable for those that are scaling their business.

Pros

It's direct API connections into the various publishers ensure that our client's updates get published within seconds.

Cons

It's expensive and for service based organizations they don't provide any support when verifying with Google.

Thank you for leaving your review, Hailey. We appreciate your feedback regarding our support and verifying with Google. We will relay that information to our team.

GS

Gary S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best Local SEO Software

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and it works!

Cons

Not a thing. Yext delivers exactly what it says it does. I will continue to invest in this excellent software.

Thank you for the kind words, Gary. Great to have you as a Yext customer!

George P.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

An improved SEO and ease of managing our business listings on the web.

Pros

This is a one-stop dashboard to ensure that your company's information is accurate and consistent across 140 informational websites. This can be important to search engines and your company's position on the web. Additionally, if you have multiple business branches, this is almost a must to ensure that each location is coming over as accurate on the web.

Cons

Mostly you are left to your own to manage and navigate the program. It could be a bit more challenging for users that are not privy to the importance of internet SEO.

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad to hear that Yext has been helpful to your business. If you have any questions about the product or how to use it, please email support@yext.com.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Gets the job done fast but cookie cutter

I would describe my overall experience with Yext as fair,

Pros

It builds citations fast and lots of them. It takes the guess work out of citation building if you are newer to SEO.

Cons

What I liked least about Yext was its cookie cutter set up and the limits that came with that. After a couple of weeks it got pretty frustrating.

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear Yext has helped save your business so much time. We would encourage you to check out Hitchhikers - it's a program for every member of the Yext community to become an expert and explore the more in-depth mechanics of Yext. In the meantime, you know you can always reach out to your Yext team whenever you need help!