Workzone Logo

Workzone Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.42/10

See full reviews by rating

Possess all the good features of MS Excel and MS Project, which have been nicely integrated into a nice simple layout. Allows to share documents and message across the team, good for collaboration.
User friendly with great features that allow me to stay on top of things while maintaining efficiency.
Like that the company is easy to work with, responsive to customers, and that they are always trying to improve the product.
The software is not very intuitive. Because of that, our company's users felt discouraged and basically abandoned the CRM for traditional project management methods.
My only complaint is that you cannot open tasks in new tabs on your browser.
I dont like that anyone on the team can accidentally mark your task complete.

Workzone users...

TeamGantt-logocaret

TeamGantt

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate Workzone?

Alright Project Management Tool

Transcript

Dan: Hi, I'm Dan. I'm a Chief Growth Officer, and I give Workzone a three out of five. For more reviews,...

Workzone Review

My overall experience with Workzone was good. It helped us in project and task management. It allowed us to transfer some tasks to another employee along with tracking their time to complete those tasks.

Pros

Workzone has an excellent dashboard that gives all the important information you need to see on the front. Another good feature of Workzone is that it allows users to save their own project as a template.

Cons

Workzone is a good tool for project management but with an outdated interface. It's user-interface needs to be updated. Also, sometimes there is a slight delay that occurs while updating the tasks.

Great app with lots of support

Mentioned it above, but their support is really great. You get to know the folks who work there and even though we're not a huge client, we feel totally supported. That really helps with communicating ideas, asking for advice, and making it a useful tool for your company. You're meeting with folks who know their software and not some third-party service reading through a decision chart.

Pros

I've toured a number of project management systems and it's surprising how many can't deliver what needs to get done. WorkZone does a great job at being a functional project management system. Our company needs a blend of project mgmt that is effective, yet not so robust its unwieldy, and WZ really fits the bill. It doesn't have some of the flashy features others might, but often those systems are super pricey, or don't work as advertised. WZ has plenty of features we don't utilize, so I don't mean to make it sound basic. But it works great for our team and does what it needs to, and well. Oh, also, they've been super supportive, great customer service, are continually adding new features, and open to feedback.

Cons

I guess the biggest con is that there isn't an app (like for an iPad), but that's definitely not a deal-breaker. We tested other systems that offered apps and maybe looked prettier, but weren't functional when we kicked the tires. Another con might be that, at the start, it isn't super intuitive (like most new things), but it didn't take long to get your bearings. Again, once we were up and running, it's been really smooth and useful.

Incredible Support Team

Pros

We chose WorkZone after using Asana and realizing we needed more than a task management software to run our business. We're a start-up business and it was our first time using a PPM system. The tool itself is really helpful and customizable, but what attracted us the most to choosing WorkZone was the incredible customer support! Deployment and implementation is difficult for any new tool in a company, but the WorkZone team really helped me process what our team needed for success. They're quick to respond and have been extremely patient, and have even seemed really excited when our team finally began to use the tool.

Cons

One thing that makes projects a bit difficult is that there is no current option to leave a "blank" date for a task.

More than a project management software

WorkZone provides features not only for a project management system but for file management and version control as well. It is a combination of a number of tools required by an organization (Especially IT). We can easily share documents with others and manage the document version control as well. In terms of managing projects, it has almost all features available.

Pros

Well, it is a mix of a number of tools. Sometimes having more features are good but it can make the application complex for the users.

Cons

I would say, to work more on improving the interface and usability. Since you have a lot of functional apps as part of your tool, it would be great for users to have a great user interface.

Amazing Work Management Tool

Workzone is an amazing tool, I love all its services and work on it on a daily basis especially its integration to other software such as Slack and Evernote provide a great level of Inclusion.

Pros

Workzone has a lot of tools for Workspace Productivity, I love its Project Tracking tool where we can not just see all the Project Tickets on a Single Page but also track the amount of time spent on each work. It provides tools such as Gantt Chart and offers both Micro as well as Macro Management software as a Service.

Cons

Workzone has a lot of Functionalities that are unexplored, because of its User Interface it's a bit complicated to understand what all things are possible.

Great tool, still in need of some improvement, service team is excellent

Overall it has been a very positive experience. The software does nearly everything we need it to do and does it pretty well. The customer service is great.

Pros

I like the ability to link tasks and create in-depth project templates. I like the reporting capabilities for resource management and hours tracking. I like the functionality of commenting and emailing through workzone all associated with a task and/or project.

Cons

The resource management reporting is in need of some crucial updates. The main issue currently is that it only removes hours that are marked complete. This is not helpful and can create major scheduling and resource management issues when a large task is 90% complete, but the reporting shows it as 0% complete. The other major inconvenience is not being able to batch select tasks without having to check each tasks' check box. When you're deleting or moving or editing hundreds of tasks it is incredibly cumbersome. If you could select the top one hold shift and select the bottom one it would be a major time saver.

Workzine for smaller creative team

So far, we have really liked using Workzone. We had tried several others through the years that didn't meet our needs, but this has been going well. The transition team was very helpful in getting us up to speed, and always answers questions quickly.

Pros

Workzone offers a robust solution to our creative needs. It helps us track projects in a fast-paced environment, both smaller ones and large complicated ones. The reporting feature is really valuable when it comes

Cons

We haven't really found anything that is missing yet.

WorkZone is a Plus

We still don't use WZ to it's full potential but it has been a game-changer.

Pros

Ongoing support and training. The complete flexibility and customization options. Frequent upgrades and new features added often.

Cons

Initially users were not crazy about the timelines and how they updated. However, these were specific to our workflow and we simply turned off that feature and tailored it to our environment.

Manufacturing Trainer Review

The overall experience has been positive. the software if intuitive and the communication tools are amazing. when I had temporary access to administrate the boards feature it made tracking the reviews between my team amazingly simple.

Pros

How easy to use and control of the information being presented is amazing. The monthly trainings are very helpful as well.

Cons

As Stated before, the cost. As my steps or small scale projects in there own right I had hoped to use the Boards feature to manage the assigned reviews and communication with in my work group. This feature is only available to Administrators. If there was a middle price section were features like the new boards can be set up and controlled with out buying a administrator level account it would be amazing.

Workzone - great project management solution

The software is great - but the people who support the software are extremely helpful and available to assist.

Pros

The ease of use and the availability of help when you have a question. Training sessions are great and they have a lot of resources available for review and learning.

Cons

No real cons at this time. Really haven't discovered anything I don't like about the software.

The Structure Your Team Needs

We adopted Workzone in order to provide our institution 'clients' with project request forms and also to help our team manage daily priorities. It took some time to convey the benefits and get folks to stay accountable (i.e. actually use the forms and project tracking) but now that everyone is on board we're able to continue working towards improved processes and organization. Overall, I couldn't be more thrilled about this platform because it reduces the need for emails, tracks conversations, streamlines project-creation via templates, keeps file-review painless and makes task-reporting simple enough to hold folks accountable.

Pros

The best attributes about Workzone are hands-down the project templates, the list structure/outlining, and the approval request option for files. Templates prevent the need to create projects from scratch every time and the linear task view/list keeps your priorities straight and holds everyone accountable. As a communications specialist, there's a lot of approval required for each draft hence why I'm a fan of the approval request feature. No more drafts getting lost in email or excuses for outstanding items.

Cons

The biggest issue I'm witnessing is the learning curve for folks who aren't process-oriented and/or those who aren't familiar with other project management systems (I've used others like Basecamp and Asana). However, the remedy for this is patience, practice and utilizing Workzone's training sessions/don't be afraid to ask the rep. Every customer service interaction is wonderful and they constantly make updates that make the platform easier and more efficient.

Helps me keep track of large projects involving many participants!

I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience so far. It meets our needs, and if there is ever a question, a nearly immediate response from Workzone support can be expected. If you decide this is the solution for you, USE the support they provide. They'll help you work through your questions and ensure the ideal implementation plan is put in place for you.

Pros

The ability to customize this software to meet the wide variety of needs we have within our program. Projects can be big or small. Reporting options give multiple views of task/project status - as detailed or as broad as you would like them to be. Weekly "To Do" email reminders keep all parties abreast of progress, or lack of progress, on specific tasks.

Cons

Can what I like most also be what I like the least? There are so many features and ways to use the system that it might be overwhelming getting started. Take the time and ask for help if you need it. Even if you don't think you need it, talk it through with someone from the Workzone team. It's worth it to get off on the right foot with your planned use and they will have great suggestions for you.

A Lifesaver for Project Management

We have been using this tool for a long time and find it vital to our work processes. We use it more as a linear tool for each person to manage their tasks/assignments, and not so much for collaboration with outside parties, though it has that capability. As an administrator, it has been essential for tracking work across departments and to manage timelines. Technical support has been excellent and Workzone staff check in from time to time to learn what else we may need to do our work better. The software is constantly improving based on feedback so we know we are always getting the best product available.

Pros

We like the ability to have all Creative Requests in one place, to identify assignments, and track their progress within the system.Communication is tracked within the software by project, so it is easy to track all comments related to the work. We do a very large volume of work each month and the metrics captured within the software are helpful to assess resources and workload.

Cons

There are some reports that we would like that we cannot capture with this software. Also, workload tracking does not show the cumulative hours on a persons plate when projects are delayed and the hours are still tracked in previous weeks. It takes a bit to constantly update the timeline when items are stalled in reviews/approvals, but that will be the case with any project management software.

Great Project Management tool!

My team uses this for our corporate marketing efforts. We support all internal teams with collateral, graphic design, powerpoint deck creation, landing page and website updates, internal emails, external emails, social media posts, etc. We use Workzone to keep track of all of our deliverables and to show the value we are bringing to our business.

Pros

I really like the features and functionality and the customer service for this tool. You can tell that the company really cares, and they help me solve for specific project management organization and reporting issues that my team faces, and taught me some best practices for utilizing this tool to solve for our problems. Great tool if you have multiple team members and multiple projects going on at once. My favorite feature is the calendar, and how you can select which tasks you want to appear on the calendar. Great in helping our team have greater visibility to everything going on each day.

Cons

The price is steep for multiple users, we have about 20 users. They do have a tiered pricing structure, but it's still more expensive than our previous tool.

Workzone rollout, Daily use

Excellent experience, the tech support is terrific, online questions are answered immediately, most times a simple Google search results in your answer. Phone support is off the charts, I only had to leave a voicemail a few times and a follow up call was returned right away. Follow up from the sales/implementation team is excellent as well. I have used other products in a past work environment and this has been a main issue for me in the past, not so with the Workzone team.

Pros

Intuitive design/functionality. Flexible configuration/set-up, the product allows you to define user roles between different project types with the same individuals, (i.e. users can be reviewers in one work space while having a higher role defined in a different work space). Very cost effective product for our size of a company, to receive this powerful functionality at this cost point was important. We use it for engineering, sales/marketing as well as production/shop projects. We intend to eventually adapt our Quality-Six Sigma projects to use Workzone. Management really likes the visibility/accountability and reporting provided by Workzone. The time tracking function is easy to use and was a big seller for management.

Cons

When entering new tasks it is a little cumbersome to set the sequence of the tasks in the project view. The due date and task completion time automatically re-shuffle the sequence so if you make a mistake entering a task or sub task it can get confusing. It is easier in the GANNT chart view. Some users who aren't comfortable using a GANNT chart struggle a little bit with this when first starting out. Project numbering by the automatic feature is restrictive, you cannot adapt it if you have a current method for numbering projects, so you still have to keep a data base/list of project numbers.

WrokZone-Project Management One stop shop

Overall experience with WZ has been great and I don't say that lightly. WorkZone has helped transform our PMO and our enterprise. We have been with WZ since 2015. The driver behind us looking for a solution and selecting WZ was primarily driven by the lack of transparency in our organization and the WZ tool provides the visibility we need from a project, resource perspective as well as providing the organization the enterprise picture of all projects in the works, upcoming and ones to be reviewed.

Pros

We all know that moving or using different tools brings inherit challenges but with the WorkZone platform, the transition is pretty simple. The platform itself is really user friendly, there are training modules, videos, how to guides and an awesome sales/support team to help your organization through the process. Key benefit take-aways-ease of resource use, easy set-up, PMO 1 stop solution from project...

Cons

There are a couple idiosyncrasies from a project management perspective. None of which are showstoppers and have easy workarounds. PM's seem to be continually challenged using FS (finish to start) for task planning. No critical path-this is actually an upcoming WZ to-do No project to project dependencies-this is actually an upcoming WZ to-do No true milestones (0days duration)-WZ is time based so every tasks needs time allocated. 1min is the workaround we use along with the milestone category.

Incredible Software and Remarkable Customer Service

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! The software/platform (both pc/mac & mobile device) are intuitive and easy to use, once you fully understand/ are functioning within the platform. Our Project Management efficiency has increased tremendously. Though, there was a pretty steep learning curve from our previous platform, it has been well worth it. My best advice - just get in and use it daily, set up a Test...

Pros

The over all concept of how the software serves the needs of comprehensive Project Management. From small (one task) projects to massive (hundreds of tasks) projects, the WZ software is capable of organizing and tracking it ALL.

Cons

Some functionalities that we were accustomed to from our previous software weren't included, which is to be expected when you make a software switch such as this. But we found work-arounds, and/or made suggestions to the WZ Team as to potential improvements to functionality.

Workzone: The Professional Project Management Tool

Personally, I would definitely recommend Workzone if the price is not a problem, as it has many useful features and unlimited support and training.

Pros

Workzone is a powerful project management tool that has many professional features like client management, collaboration tools, time tracking and resource planning. Workzone hits the sweet spot between simple and too complex project management tools as it provides just enough features for professionals to use easily, without being overly difficult to use. It is also very versatile and is able to mesh...

Cons

The biggest downside with Workzone is the hefty price tag of about $24-43 each user but this is somewhat justified because of the reliable support you receive and the unlimited training available for users. There is also a bit of a learning curve to Workzone but this is to be expected with project management tools but due to their many learning resources, Workzone is actually better than most.

Excellent Customer Service

A lot of agency will use several different platforms and you don't always realize that when its all very easily tracked in one place it drastically simplifies the process for your team. It really saves a lot of time by streamlining tasks and projects.

Pros

You have a designated customer success person working with you regularly to ensure you're getting the most out of the product. If you have any questions they are incredibly quick to respond and you always get a real person who is very knowledgable of the product.

Cons

I don't have a lot to say for cons. If there are any concerns, they address them right away. Even with implementation they'll jump in with suggestions if your team is struggling.

A welcome addition to our project management arsenal

Business problems are the quest to keep the myriad projects we have established moving forward. We have had more than 500 projects, many of them Campaigns with multiple sub tasks and deliverables, and it shows management what progress has been made, and where our manpower issues are in relation to the amount of work being produced.

Pros

Notifications are the key to keeping everyone honest. You know when your work is due. It's easy to use, and logical, once you figure out how the platform works. My coworkers begrudgingly respect it, but don't always embrace it. It has kept us honest and gives a clear-eyed view of the state of projects, either from the 10 feet level or the 10,000 foot level.

Cons

No, there are some quirks that you have to understand. My boss doesn't like to check off his tasks in "Approval Requested" and then "Creative Approval", but I understand why it's like this, so I'm OK with it. There was some initial resistance to the platform by some on the tea, but training and use have made that situation better.

Workzone Works Well for Us.

Our team uses it daily to run our entire company's projects.

Pros

The ease of use made this platform the best solution for our company at the time we decided to purchase.

Cons

Currently there is nothing worth mentioning as Workzone makes updates often in the year.

Workzone makes project management a snap.

Project management is just one of the many facets of my job. After researching several software packages, Workzone met all of our needs for assigning and tracking marketing and design projects and well as task management for our events team. We use Workzone every day and would be lost without it.

Pros

- Ease of use is key. The training we provide for new team members takes about 1/2 hour. -The cost of Workzone (for us, a nonprofit organization) was a pro. We have all the facets of the product we need and the cost is very reasonable (especially compared to other products we tested). - Customer service deserves an "A" if not an "A+". -Because project management is just a facet of our job, WorkZone appealed to us because it had just the right amount of features, without being overwhelming.

Cons

- I wish there were more templates set up for the type of projects we use (design and copy). Now that we've used WorkZone for several years, they may have these, but we've built out own. - You can easily get carried away with email notifications, especially if you oversee many projects/ staff. (This is customizable and probably has more to do with how we choose to use WorkZone.)

Great tool for any Project Manager

We manage several hundred construction projects from bidding, to design to shipping. These projects can run for years and Workzone has helped us stay organized. We have all the information about he job at our fingertip. Reminders helps us stay on top of projects before due dates. The ease of the platform allows everyone (designers, sellers and yard operators ) the ability to stay on task by sharing and pass the baton when their part is done. This has helped us reduce errors, ensure deadlines are met and spend less time looking for information.

Pros

We have been using this software for about three years now and cannot imagine life without it. Best thing about the software is the ease of use. For a software that's so robust, it's quite intuitive. The team have been able to figure out how to navigate around with minimal training. We also like that we can store files with the tasks and can set reminders. Although we haven't had to use them a whole lot, customer service has been very responsive.

Cons

Getting reports is not idea, but this may be more what we need. Reporting functionality if fine and I can usually extract the information I need and manipulate it to get what I want.

Intuitive and Effective Project Management Tool

The service I've received from the Workzone team has been incredible. I became the administrator of the software during Covid when a large portion of my team was laid off, including our design services specialist. I was experienced with the software as a user but didn't know how to set up workgroups, users, and reporting. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] our account rep., was quick to respond and made sure I got...

Pros

Our team has found Workzone to be an integral part of our project and resource management practices. The software is intuitive, easy to use, and user-friendly. It has allowed us to create efficiencies in managing our limited human resources for graphic design projects.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software. It's so comprehensive, I know I haven't built an understanding of how to fully utilize the software.

Fantastic customer service

The professionals at Workzone were always available to assist with one-on-one instruction, team instruction, prompt answers, troubleshooting, and solutions. By making the process and system easy to understand through a customized training video, we experienced a smooth launch to our campus community with a high adoption rate and positive feedback. This proved to be highly beneficial. Despite launching only a few weeks prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, we were able to work remotely without missing a beat and easily onboard new users.

Pros

A project management system and a standard process for intaking design projects did not exist in our work environment prior to implementing Workzone. Workzone provided the structure we needed while being user-friendly. The dependencies and automated notifications allow for an efficient workflow and ensure projects are kept on track. The customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Our team found the markup functionality to be cumbersome when there are numerous comments/edits as it's difficult to easily tie the comment to the markup on the proof. Fortunately, the folks at Workzone are open to suggestions and are working to improve upon this. The approval status can be confusing when there are multiple rounds because it retains the previous response and approval comment. From the perspective of the admin and contributors, navigation isn't always direct—you're not always taken to the correct project or folder, requiring more clicks to get to the correct place.