Apollo.io Reviews

Apollo.io

Customer engagement software with configurable workflows

Apollo.io

Review Summary

Pros

It is easy to use and they do have good data, the interface is nice and they are constantly making updates.

Kristen M.

Akshay B.

Abhishek S.

Cons

You have to watch your sequences and how many emails are going out daily. They add up quickly and it damaged our domain reputation which took months to get back to normal.

Winter J.

Kristen M.

Didn't always have people that I wanted (target customers). Also a little confusing to navigate and didn't integrate with my CRM.

4.2

ZenProspect consolidates sales prospecting, engagement, and coaching very well!

- Set meetings with prospects - Productivity gains as I can dial, prospect, email all in one place - Engagement metrics, reports building helps me understand the progress of the sales outbound campaigns to make data-driven decisions

Pros

I'm an ex-Outreach user (sorry folks). Their product is addictive and got me obsessed with personalized prospecting at scale. But hopping around between different tools just to get the leads into the Outreach Databases was time-consuming. ZP solves this with their Prospecting tool. There are more leads in their database than you can prospect in this lifetime without violating Google's spam alerts....

Cons

Not much except that their price tag on an annual contract basis can be a bit of a challenge for an internal champion like me to sell into my org.

Apollo for sales

I really enjoyed using Apollo. It was quite expansive so I never used all the features. The tools I did use were simple. I feel that Apollo is responsible for many of the deals I was able to add to my sales pipeline. Even when I was not physically working, Apollo would send out emails to prospects I had added to sequences. It was also an exceptional tool for finding prospects and target companies.

Pros

I love the flexibility of using sequences in Apollo. As a salesperson, it is important to set your touches and personalize emails that go out to your prospects. Apollo allows for this when setting up sequences. I was also really impressed with the prospecting tool for finding target companies and titles of prospects within those companies. The filtering options were thorough and the best I have seen in any prospecting software.

Cons

They Oversold it for my purposes

Poor, and we will not be renewing. They were either dishonest or unintentionally left out important information and were not clear in their findings on the test sample I sent them.

Pros

it is easy to use and they do have good data, the interface is nice and they are constantly making updates

Cons

I sent them a sample to test and they told me that they found a HUGE percentage of the companies I needed to find, far more than any other tool that competes with them. However, after we purchased, I realized that even though they had that "company" when I needed it, a LOT of those companies didn't have any contacts at them so they were worthless to me. I needed emails and addresses and they didn't have them for the companies I needed. I think if I needed info for larger companies they would have plenty of resources but for my purposes they didn't have the actual emails of the small/medium companies that I needed.

Apollo is the dark horse in the race for sales engagement

Apollo allows sales teams to find the ideal clients, reach out to them and engage them to connect and sign up. What else does a sales team need?

Pros

Apollo provides the full solution of features that SDRs can benefit from, ranging from leads to emailing to analytics. For the advanced users there are many ways to automate and customize processes, and the team is available to help as needed, including taking feedback and improve the product itself.

Cons

Because of the many functionalities Apollo offers, there are a lot of screens and options which can be overwhelming for an admin, but it's something the team is working on and already partly addressed.

Apollo is extremely powerful tool but little complex to understand

Pros

I like that it provides all the tools that I need for competitive and business analysis which directly helps my company in sales operation. From the time I purchased this tool till now, it decreased the amount of time I use in sales and market research task.

Cons

1. The tool is a bit complex to understand at first because of the vast features which are good but I think there should be a little bit of improvement in user experience. 2. When Apollo shifted from ZenProspect, after that I faced a lot of issues while using the tool like wrong information while applying filters, requesting contacts, sequence report data. But Apollo addressed those issue and improving it continuously.

Company lies on their website about what the business owner is to receive.

Terrible.

Pros

This companies lies about everything. On their website it CLEARLY states unlimited emails and downloads on their list. Then when you see and read their terms and conditions it limits you to 1 million. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who gave me different information on two different calls and then spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who tried to dodge every question but the facts. And the facts are I have screenshots where it says unlimited downloads. If they are lying about this and have treated other customer like crap why would anyone do business with them. So many companies with b2b lists, dont use this one.

Cons

customer service and incorrect information on the website.

Apollo.io - New tool that should be at the top of everyone's prospecting tech stack

Apollo.io was a tool I found on a LinkedIn article that I hadn't heard much about. I launched a trial and without even thinking was already able to use it's basic features that already had an impact on my prospecting strategies.

Pros

-Ability to research every company I'm looking at -Ability to identify decision makers and their relevant contact information -Great company insights and business intelligence that allows me to start the conversation informed

Cons

I wish they provided more direct contact information (cell phone, direct office lines) for decision makers

Apollo is a catalyst for Lead Generation and sales

Pros

I love that I can search for new prospects from Apollo dashboard itself using Apollo prospect searcher and select them to create an email campaign and launch them as well. It's like huge time saving for any executives or marketing professionals like myself.

Cons

Although Apollo let you search and give you companies personnel email and numbers most of it are not verified, or maximum percentage out of total found emails were not confirmed by Apollo and it's not that good, but still it does the job.

Create marketing campaigns

Using for outbound sales and email drip campaigns.

Pros

Great for drip email campaigns. There is flexibility to track call and/or email campaigns. Great for outbound marketing.

Cons

There are so many layers of features and it takes awhile to learn them. They have great customer service to ask questions

Apollo

Pros

Good email finder tool similar to LeadIQ

Cons

Difficult UI and not clear enough on how to be effective with the tool

Apollo Review

I like apollo for it's easy navigation of the main page, although I do not like its filtration systems. Does not allow real-time hiring prospects to be updated.

Pros

I like the cockpit page the most of this software. I like how my tasks are instantly there. I think it kept me more accountable and allowed me to be more strategic with my accounts.

Cons

I do not like how I do not get instant notifications of my open rates. I would like they to be more timely. I also do not like some of the filtering systems. I found that it was difficult to find my engaged prospects and just the ones that are "running through the machine" per say. I thought the prospect searcher did not update as timely as I'd like with new/more prospects that are actually hiring.

One of the most thorough mail-merge I have ever used. The analytics are great !

Pros

Probably the best feature about Apollo is the analytics part. I have used several mail-merge products but Apollo is by far the one that goes really deep into the analytics part: you can literally analyse and create every indicator you want relating to your mails or even your phone calls.

Cons

The downside of using a product with many features like Apollo is that you have to spend some time setting it up. Whether it is the integrations with a CRM or the email campaigns settings, it is thorough but it requires time.

Good Prospecting Tool

Pros

Apollo makes it easy to create custom filtered prospecting lists and drip campaigns. The sequencing is a nice feature.

Cons

Slow load times. Customer service and coaching to enhance tools has been just ok.

Better than nothing, but not my favorite

Pros

Zenprospect has a wide database that you can use to find contacts from a variety of businesses. I support accounts from 1-200 employees and found it useful for this segment. Building a report is easy to do, and ZP integrates with Salesforce which allows me to cross-check if this account exists in our CRM, who it belongs to, etc. I also like seeing who from my company has contacted someone in that account previously within ZP. For sequences, I like that you can track opens and click-throughs and A/B test messaging.

Cons

Sequences are pretty unintuitive to set up and are very buggy. For example, enabling a sequence to turn on doesn't do anything- you must individually enable each step in the sequence to truly enable or disable the sequence. I learned this the hard way when I thought I turned off a drip campaign but it was accidentally running for weeks. I also did not like that auto-responses came into my inbox, it made it hard to track and sort through real responses.

I liked it but didn't love

Pros

it was nice to be able to search for contacts. also liked the prospecting and email cadence tool all in one platform.

Cons

didn't always have people that I wanted (target customers). also a little confusing to navigate and didn't integrate with my CRM

This prospecting tool can be used at a basic level or super detailed

Pros

The ability to filter through leads/companies is incredible. The features are rather robust and anytime we have run into any questions or issues, our CSM (customer success manager) has been more than pleasant to work with.

Cons

There was a minor "glitch" when we first started setting up our sequences and adding contacts to the campaigns. That issue was identified and resolved within 24 hrs.

Awesome Email sourcer!

Pros

The absolute best tool for finding emails for prospects. So easy to use and search for people!

Cons

Not super great at finding other contact info other than emails.

A comprehensive prospecting tool that costs less than competitors

Pros

Beyond the price point, this tool will likely have more features than you need. Its robust email marketing tools certainly complement its ability to find the right industry, companies and titles you're searching for.

Cons

It uses a lead credit structure which makes you have to pore through data a lot longer than time typically allows to make sure you're not wasting credits.

Great lead source

Pros

They give away quite a lot of leads for free The onboarding experience is pretty sleek

Cons

The database quality is always the main factor in scoring this kind of services. I'd say Apollo has a decent base but still, for our narrow use-case we could only find a few dozens