All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Microsoft Teams Reviews

3,915 reviews

Essential collaboration tool, IM and videoconferencing platform

While we're all unable to be in the office, Teams proves to be a comprehensive collaboration tool, IM platform and meeting tool. Lots of external clients are using it too and we're able to invite/join other meetings with little issue. Far easier to use than competing platforms.

Pros

Integrates easily with Office 365, works well on mobile, they have implemented features that users have been asking for throughout the recent working from home spell (more users' cameras visible on screen at once, hands up).

Cons

If you have an existing SharePoint site, you can't convert it to a Team. You can add it in as a toolbar option along the top but it's slightly long winded and doesn't marry up well to the channel. It's very important to selectively use the @ option to target people and channels - this overrides any mute/silence option that people have put on a channel so can prove to be an annoyance to those users.

Collaboration in a remote world

Overall as a company we are very happy with Microsoft Teams and are building it in as part of our overall ECM strategy

Pros

When the pandemic hit we needed a way to connect 500 employees across the country that are involved in multiple projects. Teams is the best way to share documents, have whiteboard sessions, keep team chats inline, and the customization to share applications and documents in one dashboard. Teams was not highly used prior the pandemic and it was easy to roll out and use for everyone. Microsoft continues to add functionality almost weekly and as a company we have fully embraced this new tool.

Cons

The only thing Skype had over Teams is around the 1:1 chat functionality. Where Skype stacks all your convos in one window with Teams they either have to be popped out individually or it is a full screen tab within teams. It would also be nice to be able to have multiple team rooms open at once and pop out.

Great Upgrade from Skype for Business

So far, great. As an organization, we are moving completely over from Skype for Business to Teams and it's been easy and painless. We gave the organization a full month to make the switch and I'd say 90% of the company just pulled the plug on Skype inside of our first week just because it was easier and better right off the bat.

Pros

Everything is very intuitive and easy to figure out on your own. Especially if you are coming from Skype for Business, it's basically a fancy upgrade with familiar commands and options and some cooler features. If you want to do some training, its easy enough to find resources and learn what you want to do quickly.

Cons

So far, I don't have much to be critical of. Initially the set up is a little tricky to figure out the default settings and make adjustments for peripherals like your speaker and microphone, but once done, it's set it and forget it.

The best collaboration tool available

I really enjoy using Teams for our professionnal uses. It's very powerful and always many different things that make daily tasks and communication easier. Especially while working from home and/or having a team spread around the world.

Pros

Microsoft came up with what could be considered the best collaboration tool available on the market. It offers more than just a solution to chat and have conference calls, it also allows users to share/edit documents, use external solution such as Jira, Notes, etc... to expend the collaboration and notification outside the Microsoft ecosystem.

Cons

Not easy to understand/maintain at first, but the more you use it, the more comfortable you get. It might take time for users to get use to it and at ease, compared to other chat solutions.

Teams has gone from basic tool to ZOOM / Slack competitor in one year

Teams has allowed my clients to closely and synchronously collaborate during the pandemic. The chat and video chat has been instrumental in keeping connections.

Pros

Microsoft has invested a lot in the fast tracking new features in Teams. The companies I work with that use Team have many of these new features turned off so I cannot collaborate with my clients using them. But I have tested these features on a personal account and I can attest that Teams has matured very quickly since it's launch 3 years ago. They have quickly introduced many Zoom like features and even collaboration features similar to Slack. Teams integrates so nicely with the other Office tools it makes it very convenient to use as an Office user and collaborator.

Cons

The fact that enterprises roll Teams out and "turn off" certain features makes you not know what collaboration features you can count on to interact with clients. With the frequent updates, I have found a few releases to be a bit buggy but that is quickly rectified with a patch within a few days.

Very good software especially for collaborative work

Thanks to microsoft teams, as a salesperson, I can follow my clients' projects by being integrated with the developers in the project. This allows me to have good visualization and perfect monitoring. Since then, I have retained my customers much better. This also favored collaborative work with headquarters on all of our marketing campaigns.

Pros

I mainly use the direct chat function but above all the creation of a project group where we can easily chat and exchange data during team work. It is super simple to follow several projects at the same time and be connected to several teams. It's super interesting because I can follow clients' projects to the end. It also allows you to work with teams at headquarters very easily and therefore be more efficient

Cons

I did not find any particular disadvantage to the use of microsoft Teams. The only small flaw and the difficulty of handling double authentication at the start. Who a waste of time to connect

Go to app for collaboration

I use Microsoft teams on a daily basis and all professional work is performed via teams chats, calls and video conferencing. I am a super satisfied user who have used all sorts of collaboration tools in the past. It is a comprehensive packaged solution with integration to Outlook and other microsoft apps allowing for a seamless user experience across the suite of products.

Pros

Microsoft teams is an excellent team collaboration software built around Office 365 users and is the de-facto market leader when it terms to collaboration across team members spread across the globe. Increasingly as projects are delivered by resources who are geographically spread, the use of efficient team communication via chats, calls, screen sharing, video conferencing, sharing files is of utmost...

Cons

Chat histories could be organized in a more user friendly way allowing you to review them by date. Its somewhat cubersome to search relevant chat histories from group chats.

Solid collaboration platform with room to grow

We are are a 100% remote team and MS Teams has so far met our goals to collaborate flawlessly. We use it daily to hold meetings, conference calls, screen shares and track progress on projects and tasks.

Pros

Integrated communications and collaboration with the power of the Microsoft ecosystem. While it has taken some time for the all the features of this platform to be realized and there are still more to come I think Microsoft will continue to try to set standards in this particular software space.

Cons

As the platform has been updated over the past months to fix bugs and add new features users have had to deal with some minor service issues from time to time which have been improving with time and as updates are released. The only other complaint is that there are some features both lacking and/or are difficult to configure with the phone system piece of the software. The phone system overall needs some modernization and I think this improve over time as MS continues to upgrade from Skype for business.

Teams for Communications

I use mostly Microsoft Teams and as overall experience, I do believe it is a very effective communication tool with all required built in features (mainly for education, etc.)

Pros

I liked mostly about Microsoft Teams some nice features i.e. sharing files seamlessly, its easy access through different devices, Teams direct access to One Drive for Business, email, SharePoint and so on.

Cons

Notifications do not display correctly especially through mobile devices. The interface via mobile devices needs to be enhanced and deleting messages is hectic.

MS Team review

Favorable - take the time to instruct all team members how to use teams properly and the outcome with definitely benefit a company

Pros

Increased collaboration - easily share ideas and work with co-workers Easier to concentrate on work - all information is located in one area, no more searching for documents or emails.

Cons

Figuring out where the files and information is stored. Trying to venture away from the email attachments and storing information in Teams takes some time to get use to the layout.

Great tool for communicating and staying up to date with co-workers and projects

Overall a good and simpler alternative to other meeting/messaging software. I like the fact that it is included with our O365 license so there is no additional cost to us. The mobile app is solid and al around is a good choice for people looking for an alternative to paid or more expensive options.

Pros

Easy to install and log into. I do love how all of my contacts form across multiple companies can get in touch with me and I can see their status (presenting/busy/out of office etc. The meeting feature is considerable easier to use and joining meetings is a snap. You can use it to make voice calls as well straight from the app.

Cons

Presenter's screen tends to flash (from the presenter's side) a good bit. It tends to have more of performance degradation (video skipping/freezing and audio being out of sync) when being used to host a meeting with a large group. The Teams app tends to not sync conversations with the desktop version and vise versa.

Excellent product - worth consideration...

It has been outstanding. I hold daily meetings with both teammates and clients (my Executive Leadership Team), as well as using it for Instant Messaging - both with groups and with individuals. It is an excellent product that has absolutely helped to make me more successful in accomplishing some of the tasks I do on a regular basis.

Pros

TEAMS is a very easy to use software product that enables me to connect with both my team and my clients. I am able to text/instant message them as needed, or, with the click of a button, I can call them or video conference them as well. The tool also has a great "share" function, which allows me to share information on my screen with those whom I am collaborating with - again, all with a simply push of a button. It is both easy to use, as well as intuitive to pick up. I became a regular user of the product without the need for any training on the tool at all, as it is very easy to figure out (I did so in less than 5 minutes!).

Cons

While I prefer using it over Webex (although we also use Webex a lot at my firm), I understand that there may be a technical issue with including it on my Outlook toolbar (?) - (a Webex invite is there, but the TEAMS one was taken down by corporate, even though we still use it daily!) - so this makes it slightly more challenging to send invites. But in terms of use and functionality, it is GREAT and I have NO issues with it what-so-ever...

Microsoft Teams Review

We use Teams at an organization level and it has replaced Skype completely. It is lightweight and is good for real time meetings. But there are certain drawbacks such as chat history (gets deleted without any warnings). These drawbacks need to be resolved for a much better experience.

Pros

It is from Microsoft. So, we can always expect the best. It is lightweight and can also work well with slow bandwidths. It allows presentation mode, video recording and the recordings are available in cloud along with the transcripts! It can also be integrated with MS Outlook for organizing meetings and checking status.

Cons

Due to some recent updates, I am not always able to find the record option which creates panic during the meeting. The product team should fix this in their next update. Moreover there should be an option to save chat transcripts. They get deleted automatically without any warnings.

Great IM, Easy Tele/Video Conference, Easy Searches

Overall MS Teams has been a life saver. We now communicate via Teams in the office and outside the office via the phone app instead of sending texts! Since we purchased phone lines for Executives, they can, when in a pinch, schedule their own conference calls at that very moment and turn them into video calls or screen share with no issues. The system costs less than Zoom for us and offers the same capabilities all while retaining details in Office.com.

Pros

I like how Teams is both simple to deploy and easy to learn.

Cons

My least favorite item about Teams is that sometimes it offers too much. Too many channels to communicate vs. IM, and since it's more robust than you think you have to remember you can find anything communicated on Teams in your Office.com account.

Teams is a worthy successor of Lync and Skype For Business

Excellent software for teams at work in order to share information and documents in the corporate website. It works with smaller teams but for personal chat between friends or family is an overkill.

Pros

Video and phone calls with excellent quality. Call Log for auditing purposes. Audio and video recording for auditing purposes Easy to share desktop(s) out or in a call. Omni search bar for contacts, meetings, chats, teams Team chats for sharing documents and other information, reducing the email going back and forth. The information shared are files and wiki entries. You can also share apps, that...

Cons

It uses a lot of RAM. At the moment of this writing it is using for me at least 370MB. Sometimes is buggy like it happened to me that I did not receive any calls but I could make them. All the received calls were automatically rejected. No easy way to know when the app has been updated.

Microsoft Teams has really helped us during Lockdown!

Microsoft teams not only allows us to chat with colleagues via messaging and video as we did with Skype for business but it also makes it so much easier to create teams and discuss different topics. It also allowed us to take our annual user conference virtually and all of the presenters found it easy to use and the stability of the system has been great.

Pros

Our company implemented Microsoft teams during 2019 to replace Skype for business and I'm so glad that we did this prior to the Covid-19 lockdown. It has made working from home so much easier and we are able to interact with colleagues on a daily basis to the point where we feel as connected as we did in the same office.

Cons

Occassionally a colleague can join a meeting late and it is not obvious that they have joined the call as their icon/initials are sometimes hidden from the bar at the bottom of the screen.

Functional Product for Communication

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Microsoft Teams because it is a simple, there were very few bugs, if any, and it allowed our team to function more fluidly.

Pros

I loved that this product was easy to use, set up and implement with our various teams. I really liked the chat function because I could easily choose the team members that I wanted to chat with and the chat would pop up in the corner of my screen so I knew when I had a new message come in. This made it simple and easy to connect with team members without being in the same working space. It has especially come in handy now that many business are no longer meeting in person due to COVID-19. It has made remote work easy and made it a seamless transition. I also really enjoyed the fact that you could share files in this location and we also used the file sharing to have our agendas for team meetings so that we could find the agenda in one place and all edit it/add things to the agenda.

Cons

I didn't like that if you were in the "teams" section of the app where you had previously assigned who was on your team, you had to tag each person or tag the team with an @ sign if you wanted them to receive a notification. Often a team member would send a message in that chat location and forget to tag the team and none of us would receive the message which caused confusion and frustration.

BEST GROUP APP

Excelent. My workflow has inproved. TEAM work is better. No longer do i have to send countless emails to send a file or a notice, i just write the chat and everyone gets everything into their computer or cellphones. Best experience o them all.

Pros

Once you buy the office 365 program it comes full of programs that will make your daily work life better and easier. One of these apps that integrates all in one is TEAMS. This program came into my life a year ago, and it improved my workflow 100% All Microsoft programs including word excell power point , one note everything is integrated into a program taht let you create work TEAMS, and personalize...

Cons

There is actually nothing to like. The app is constantly getting updated with more and more features to add to the awesome experience

My company recently switched to using Microsoft teams and collaborating is easier than ever

Experience with Microsoft teams have been extremely positive. The learning curve is extremely fast and everyone at my company caught onto the software within days. We have two parallel collaboration tools working at the same time and everyone in my company uses Microsoft Teams.

Pros

There are numerous collaboration methods you can use in Teams, in the remote environment we are working in this helps tremendously. The previous tool I used would delete conversations if you closed the window so you wouldn't be able to look back at old messages between colleagues. Multiple people can be working on the same document in NetSuite which is great for remote collaboration.

Cons

I have only had one issue with Teams. I like to call into meetings with my cell phone because I can easily connect headphones and walk around the house. Teams has weird functionality where you only have a set number of "minutes" per month for dialing into meetings. I now cannot call into meetings on my cell phone and must use my computer audio.

Microsoft Teams - Bringing everything together

Teams is a super awesome app which as mentioned integrates well with other MS apps and some other 3 party vendors.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and communication platform which allows your team to keep all their chats, meetings, files and apps all together in one centralized location. It is currently available on Windows, Mac OS, IOS and Android devices. Teams allows you to have quality and effective Real-Time Collaboration, Private Chat, Virtual Meetings, Public Conversation, Video Calls and Audio Calls...

Cons

I currently don't have any dislikes at the moment because so far I am pleased.

Best Collaboration App

I would say company has moved from Skype for business to this and it would be more beneficial as all things we got under one software/app.

Pros

Got all the features like forum, team meeting, groups, discussions, calendar and connection with all microsoft account like Sharepoint, outlook etc Recently company has installed and mandate ms teams for all the employees in order use this software for daily activities. All things under one roof which is the best way to describe it. Conference call and calendar reminders are what we use more, forums to discuss internal on going issues I think this is best innovation by microsoft in order to bring all things under one roof for office purpose.

Cons

Mobiles are not having all the features which are there on desktop and sometimes its choppy or buggy and need to restart the app while having conference call when more people are connected

Teams - great tool for team work

I am using Teams from about one year now and think that it is solid, reliable and very intuitive tool for office workers in different departments. Partly, our company is working from home and it is great tool for meetings, file uploading and reviewing, presentation and much more.

Pros

I use Teams on everyday basis and I literally love using the software for everyday tasks like meeting scheduling, cloud file sharing, chat with coworkers or work planning. What I like the most is Office 365 file sharing tool that make office everyday work easily and more efficient. We used Skype before and compared to it, Teams is a software that offers many more possibilities, and the use of the program is very intuitive. What's more there are loads of helpful tutorials about Teams functions

Cons

One of the things that I miss compared to skype is a drop-down list of colleagues with their availability status - this tool allowed me to quickly check if a given person is available at work. Additionaly, sometimes it may be hard and not intuitive to start using Teams due to many options available.

Teams is the new normal

This is helping during our time of isolation, and I find it preferable to Zoom. I haven't seen any reports of it being hacked like Zoom. I am also finding that my colleagues will use it semi-socially, just to stay in touch with coworkers that you used to see every day at the lunch table.

Pros

Our institution recently implemented Teams to keep in contact for meetings throughout the pandemic. It has been surprisingly quick to learn and implement, and we even had a 200 member All Staff meeting on Teams that went surprisingly well (only the director used video). It has a few nice bells and whistles, like the ability to blur your background if you are at home and want to obscure a messy room. It also works seamlessly with other MS software, and synchs with your Outlook calendar.

Cons

The platform at first seemed a little busy. You set up individual teams for each of your projects or regular meetings. It has associated chats, and you can hide teams that you don;t want cluttering up your interface. I haven't seen where you can archive team chats and whatnot to get them totally off your desktop though. I also find it annoying that it is sometimes used to what would otherwise have been a text, and if you aren't in an MS software, you will miss the attempt to contact you. So, now it is yet another thing I feel like I am constantly monitoring.

In Uncertain Times, Microsoft Teams Keeps your Team Connected.

Our overall experience with Microsoft teams has been tremendously positive. We have employees in eight different cities here in South Dakota. Coupled with the fact that everyone was working from home made the need for an online meeting platform extremely urgent. Microsoft Teams was easy to use and reconnected our employees almost immediately.

Pros

Beginning March 24, 2020, the Governor of the State of South Dakota closed down our public workplaces due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Many of our employees had little or no experience in working from home and how to manage that huge lifestyle change. Microsoft teams allowed our different departments to have meetings online, through video and/or audio, like we were still in the office. Being able to see and hear our coworkers made the switch from office building life to work-from-home life a smooth transition.

Cons

There are some gimicks to Microsoft Teams that invite a childish or less mature meeting environment to occur. While I like the text chat feature, some of the emoticons and emoji use did not make the meeting more productive.

Convenient collaboration solution, but a bit bloated

Teams quickly became the backbone of our organization's daily workflows, facilitating the transition to remote working during the pandemic. It requires a bit of cultural readjustment from its adopters, and it has some growing pains interface-wise, but overall it is a very valuable addition for many collaborative setups.

Pros

Seamless integration into daily MS Office workflows. Complete and user-friendly conferencing and collaboration solution. Offers multiple synchronous and asynchronous channels to stay in touch with coworkers inside and outside the organization.

Cons

The interface tries a little too hard to incorporate everything, from video calls to chat to document editing. There is not a lot of focus on multi-tasking (only one chat, team or file open at a time). The memory footprint is pretty heavy, especially on more budget computers. Requires discipline to avoid team proliferation and scattered document repositories.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.