All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Userlike

Live chat and customer messaging for businesses of all sizes

Userlike Reviews

Pros

I am just starting but so far its great and I Love it ...getting everything connected together in one spot is perfection.

Joseph R.

Read the full review
Great design; Great scalability; Easy integration; Great customer support; Many features and functionalities.

Jose T.

Read the full review
I really love the Chat Butler and the 24/7 Support of the Chat Butler. I also like the chat panel, I love the design and the friendly UI.

Lucas L.

Read the full review

Cons

Unforgivable loss of clients because of the interface alerts system fault. The system marked the primary email as "invalid" but did not alert as properly so we can fix the issue.

Pavel A.

Read the full review
What is bad about it is bad about ANY Software we've found so war.

Tim S.

Read the full review
Inability to customise the color. Less Spam filter functionality.

Atuluku I.

Absolutely wonderful!

Overall, Userlike has helped us grow as a business by creating a customer relation with each and every customer to help make them feel twice as special as we ever could!

Pros

Userlike is an awesome chat platform! We have started using this after transferring from a different live chat platform that had little to no features. Userlike gives us the options to live chat on Messenger, Whatsapp, and so many more! Userlike also helps build customer relationships by helping remember previous customers and conversations!

Cons

There hasn't been one feature that I have not liked by using this platform. Everything has been absolutely wonderful!

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Userlike.

beautiful real-time chat software developed on web and mobile

Pros

Userlike is a beautiful real-time chat or live chat software ideal for customer services, where it offers multiple functions in a simple and easy way, making the software easy to use. You can use Userlike with just a few clicks from your website, ideal for communicating with customers, or where we can also always be updated with the widgets of your browser available in Google Chrome or downloading...

Cons

It would be very difficult to say something negative about this software. It fulfills all its objectives. the only thing is that it offers a free version and a complete test of your program for 14 days, and if you want to hire these full services you must pay, and this service could be expensive for some people.

Software that almost ruined our business

We've been using Userlike since summer 2017, for 3 years overall. We choose it essentially for customisation features (absolutely needed dark theme for the chat widget). Right from the start we were aware about the major technical issue: broken sessions, but at the moment we didn't find an other solution with dark theme chat widget so we accepted this issue. But it was really weird, imagine: the client...

Pros

Nice design, widget customisation features

Cons

Critical alert system not working properly. 240 off line messages not delivered to our inbox! Broken chat sessions: every request from the same client creates a new conversation! nonsense! The system stopped to send offline messages, but continued to send monthly invoices to the same main email info@... As a result this contributed to ruin our business among pandemic times (tourism business). Unforgivable...

Hello Pavel, I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience. It's especially painful to see this has happened with a long-term customer like you. I've checked in with our support team about this issue. They explained me that, unfortunately, they were not able to inform you about the problems with your integration for the same reason that the integration did not work: because the email you provided did not work anymore. They had no way to contact you. We are now looking into whether we can improve our notifications for such edge cases. We of course hope you will give us another shot, but if not, we thank you for your time with us and wish you all the best for the future. Best regards, Francesca

Great way to be in touch

This platform helped me to improve my business, increase my sales. Its really easy and fast to connect with my customer through live chat. I really suggest to everybody to try it. It will really help to them in their business.

Pros

It is great way to build customer relationship through live chat platform.

Cons

It will be nice to have mobile app for IOS and test time should be little bit longer.

Hi there, Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Userlike. Regarding the app, we definitely understand that a mobile app might be helpful for some of our customers.We're planning on building one in the next year! :)

User friendly | Supports offline messaging | Supports sending custom data for user identification

I have been using Userlike since a few months. It is very user-friendly to use. I am from a software background and found it pretty easy to integrate the APIs, in the application.

Pros

- Identification of users is very accurate. Email, mobile and name are the default keys that help in identifying the keys. You can also store custom data through session. - APIs are well documented to help set it up - Support provided by the team is also very good. Just message them and they get back asap. - The best part, they promote startups! - If you are offline and if someone needs support and messages through the app, you are notified via email.

Cons

- Email received for offline messages, is sometimes delayed, though never missed. - On closing a chat window, the operator cannot send a message back to the user. So you need to be careful to not close the window until the chat is over. Multiple users chat is supported, though. You can keep switching chats as and when you want.

Affordable and effective.

Pros

Userlike is easy to install,and has got a dependable customer care team ; who are always of positive assistance anytime we have needed to liaise with them to resolve complaints and bugs. We are provided with good analytical stats. about visitors who access our websites or app ; and that has been useful for the marketing team to tweak our marketing plans and strategy towards acquiring more users.

Cons

Userlike does not provide a smartphone app. for customer care teams,to be able to access the Userlike chat program without a pc. In this day and age , this is a letdown.

There's a lot 'under the hood'

Ability to deliver customer service more quickly and efficiently at the point of purchase.

Pros

If you read the Userlike web site and don't delve into the documentation, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's quite light on features, so I'd encourage you to read up. It is actually both broad and deep in feature set. We've also found while setting this up that the Userlike support team take their own medicine - even though we're only on the free trial so far, being able to reach out to a support person via live chat is effortless and quick.

Cons

This is probably the case with most live chat software, but we find it difficult to ensure the customer always gets through to an active operator quickly, as our team are not sitting at their desks all day. It is easy to go offline if you remember to do it when you leave your desk, but this is going to be a difficult habit to learn. If there was a more automated way to avoid operators who are idle then this would make Userlike a killer live chat app.

Very easy and sufficent way to help our business

We signed up to Userlike sometime towards the end of last year, very impressive so far. We havent had a single issue with this app, however if we have a techincal fault the staff has always been brilliant at resolving it very quickly. This is so easy to use especially for an internet based company like ourselves.

Pros

Easy, quick, sufficient, great addition to our business, multiple users can be added under one account, very fairly priced. Overall really happy :)

Cons

Use this for webchat on a busy site - does a great job

contact with sales leads that otherwise we would have missed - they are reluctant to fill out a form and mostly are just looking for some reassurance about their product selection. A little reassurance results in a sale instead of an abandoned cart.

Pros

Different widget configurations means I can make a different approach for sales leads or tech support. The sales chat can be more proactive, and the tech support more passive. They also have a simple conversation feature that we may use for out-of-hours / busy times as it's a little more friendly than just asking a user to fill in a form. Works with standard desktop chat clients, so online/away works really well.

Cons

The help page on mobile was out-of-date and didn't include a known issue that causes the text to become tiny, for which there is a simple answer. The graph showing chat frequency is good, but the entire section labelled "Analytics" is blank - its a cost option, but odd to show it all blank.

Easy to use solution

We did end up finding a more affordable option for our company, but would still recommend Userlike to others. We are a small business and found that the people who visited our website were rarely utilizing it, so we had to find a more affordable option.

Pros

It was easy to integrate Userlike onto our website, which I build and run myself. The tutorials were terrific and made setting up a breeze.

Cons

I wish that the free trial offered more customization options, but understand that they need to make money, and operate on a tier, so we did have to upgrade in order to get what we were looking for.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you all the success in the future.

Hard To Pass Up On

Userlike has a lot of "likeable" attributes. The first most likeable feature is the amount of features for the monthly cost. Unlike other SaaS apps and programs, Userlike has a very generous user allotment and feature set for the price. As the marketing manager of our company, I use many of the features to gauge the effectiveness of chats, wordsmith chat scripts, push pages, set topics, and have a very transparent view of chats. The biggest initial draw of Userlike, for me, was the ability to white label the chat window, customize the appearance, preset chat scripts, tie it into Google Analytics, and have an offline chat feature. Overall, Userlike is the best solution for us.

Pros

Features are the biggest pros with Userlike. Here is the list of features we use on a daily basis. • Offline Chat Message • Pre-set Scripted Chats • Google Analytics Connection - Set Up Goals • Custom Appearance • White Label Chat • No Per Operator Cost • Chat Monitoring

Cons

The only cons I have with Userlike are minor but sometimes can be the more annoying parts of the software. The biggest con is support. Because the service is hosted in Germany, there is never anyone online to answer some of the simplest questions. Getting the answers requires waiting until the next day or persevering through countless web searches to find a solution. Two other cons are the...

Easy integration and use but a bit steep price curve

Although it's kind of off-season for our business right now, we already have quite a few successful chats after a few days of testing. We expect this to rise further once we are nearing our business season again. At that point the chat, with a solid base of pre-defined text blocks, will be a great help with reducing recurring questions which would normally come in via mail.

Pros

Integration is done in 5 minutes or less. Just copy and paste a link-element into your site and you are good to go. All configuration for the chat widget is done from the backend which is very easy to use, so is the chat panel for agents. The chat also looks very decent from user perspective and can be further customized through a WYSIWYG-like editor. Pre-defined text blocks and download links come in very handy to deal with recurring questions. They can be imported throught a CSV file which makes it very easy to manage them. Lots of integration possibilites also enable you to connect the chat to CRM systems and more without much work.

Cons

The price curve is a bit steep in my opinion. When you want to upgrade from 3 to 5 seats, the price per seat doubles. If you really need analytics and messenger channels (those get unlocked with that tier) this might be fine, so your mileage may vary on whether or not the pricing is good or to steep. Admin users count as normal users though, so if you've got a "Team" plan with 3 users, you only have 2 agents when the admin user is not going to participate in the chat. On the other hand, I can't pass my admin account on to another agent, because that agent would have access to the backend. If administrative access and agents could be seperated from each other that would be great.

We can easily inform, help our customers. also promote sales. Decrease phone calls and emails.

This software let us increase our sales. We can reassure the customer and give him ultimate details about the product. We can unblock a sale that would be stuck in the purchase tunnel by giving good advices. We can also process more faster and sometimes in real time after sale service request. This service transform also customer into caregiver and help us find bugs on our website, but also help us to improve our services. In general phone calls and emails amount decrease seriously.

Pros

I like the chat administration panel, because it's simple to use and efficient. I like the general new design and the pastel colors of the widget chat panel. I like the service speed and the high level of the server availability.

Cons

Impossible to let the customer upload a file or send a file. So to overcome this issue, I use links to my Dropbox. To my mind configuration panel is a bit messy. For example, chat behaviour set up is hidden far in the background of the software. In the other hand, a lot of useless functions are in foreground. For instance, functions used only by big companies are always on first page. It would be clever to offer a configuration panel according the need and/or the kind of customer.

Effective but a mobile app is a must.

Pros

Userlike has a clear and clean user interface, which affects my daily work experience as an helpdesk support officer positively. User like provides me with archives of my past communication with web visitors and this gives me a better idea of previous issues a particular visitor has had,this is especially helpful if the visitor is coming back to complain about an issue earlier addressed. User like provides my organizations support department with adequate online support whenever we need it and our customer care team has obviously learnt one or two things from them over the last two year period.

Cons

Lack of a mobile app. Has made it difficult working from home.I will like to be able to multi-task during times when I am responding to our customers while working from home(weekends). However this isn't the case,as I must be on sit with my pc whenever I am to use User like.

Impressive customer support.

Pros

Userlike provides my team with analytical insights about our website traffic which our sales and marketing and product design departments have found very useful over the years.While also providing us with great support on every occasion when we have needed an helping hand with the Userlike program. I particularly will commend the selflessness of two reps of the Userlike support team , who have at times gone out of their way ,just to ensure we get the best experience using Userlike.

Cons

New agents we introduce to Userlike , take almost a week to fully figure out the navigation of this program and this is a pointer that it isn't an intuitive customer support program to use. Userlike's user interface must be re-engineered for the best experience for helpdesk agents.

Perfect chat for us

We use it for online English school website. It's much more attractive for clients

Pros

Most of all I liked few things - how it looks, for both sides, support and client; it's easy to make all needed settings and there was no need to instruct support how to use it; and most of all, that it's possible to follow support's work in real time - I can check conversations as soon as they're done, as well as to get notifications if someone went ofline. There are many other options, which I haven't try yet, such as analitycs, surways and deep configurations. But as I see for now, this chat has all essential and advanced options which are easy and convenient for use.

Cons

Haven't found yet. Maybe sometimes not sure about whether notifications still work for me, so enter there to reload the page. Also maybe would be nice if pop up notifications about new chats to support remain visible untill they react

Free trial convinced

Very satisfied.

Pros

The software was easy to implement and customise to our needs and CI. The tutorials are great, but it is pretty self explanatory anyway. We will continue with the full version of it.

Cons

I didn't like, that I can't access the settings without going completely out of the chat panel or opening the link in a new tab (which has to be done by entering the URL, because 'open in new tab' gets you to an about:blank page.

Thanks for your review, we're happy you're enjoying Userlike. You're correct that you can't open the 'Leave Chat Panel' in a new tab to access your settings in the Dashboard. But an easy fix I'd like to recommend: simply open 'Userlike.com' in a separate tab, click on 'Dashboard' in the upper right corner, and you'll be taken to your settings there so that you'll be able to have both the Chat Panel and Dashboard open in the same window. Happy chatting!

Easy and fast setup of the software. Team members are invited with a few clicks.

Quick and easy communication with customers directly through the website.

Pros

Easy to operate and set up. Fast chatting and simultaneous chatting with several customers is possible. The tool has always been available and fully usable. Clear purchase recommendation!

Cons

Too bad that not all functions are already available in the small packages. If a large package needs to be purchased to use the complete functionality. This is usually worth for smaller businesses, as we are not one. As for the chat volume is too small.

Good value for money in overall despite few instabilities in oeration

A good value for money, specially for small and medium size company with lots of useful features and exceptional ease of use

Pros

Very easy to use menu and dashboard. Powerful configuration, specially wording config. Chat butler is simple kind of bot but quite interesting, surprisingly at the entry-level pricing. Features like data export and chat-URL-source tracking are essentially useful to us to track down and measure digital marketing activities. Pricing is competitive given ranges of features provided. Package Team shall fit majority of small and medium business.

Cons

A capable chat bot would be useful even at a premium. Some instabilities are noted such as chat disappeared when both agent and customer were actually online, customers were shown offline message when agent was online

Simple to set up and use

With a need to interact more closely with our site visitors, Userlike provided the answer in a simple interface that can be installed with one line of code

Pros

The features and integration options are what made Userlike our first choice of chat app

Cons

The trial period a bit short to properly evaluate before signing up to a plan

A good working tool with lots of features - without getting lost in configuration

Pros

+ Very good usability + all texts can be customized / translated + working times can be defined + API + Very good live chat support from userlike + DSGVO conformity + ...

Cons

- no mobile apps yet, but in development

An excellent system for a small-medium sized business

Pros

The software is at a good price with all the necessary features required by a small to medium-sized enterprise.

Cons

Slightly clunky UI both from the back end user's perspective and also the limited range of options fr how the chat window appears on your website.

Review for userlike installation and use in an onlineshop environment

Userlike for me is todays best website chat for webprojects, shops or any website that needs question and answer systems. It really helps to fill the gap between customers who actually buy a product online and which are not ably of calling in.

Pros

I really like that userlike is easy to integrate into an existing web application and offers the possibility to customize its colors so that the general feeling of the shop will not get disturbed.

Cons

It would be nice if userlike scripts would consume less bandwidth. Maybe the sourcecode coould be more optimized for mobile pagespeed.

Good Control Panel and Custom CSS Integration

We tested many solutions and found that userlike mostly fits our needs for a small business. Its great that you can choose between different packages and upgrade any later if needed, but the most important tools are available in any package. Especially for companys within the E.U. userlike is a great option.

Pros

The control panel offers many options even in free version and its easy to walk through the initial configuration. Its possible to fully customize the chat widget on site which was a main criteria for us.

Cons

It would be great if there would be an app for iOS and Android to chat with users while on the go.

Free trial gives great insight into how live chat can help grow your business

Pros

The free trial helped us understand the number of people we were missing on a daily basis. All those potential customers (read: $$$) that connected, looked around, and left without ordering. During the trial, we started responding to live chat messages (thanks to the widget that is actually EASY to install on even an old HTML based website) and sometimes even proactively offering a chat to users when they first arrived or landed on a certain page. The management interface to watch for visitors and respond to chats is simple and nicely featured, and the live chat widget on the user side is clean and easy to understand.

Cons

Our only feedback is that it would be nice if we weren't automatically logged out after X period of time, because of the infrequency of chats sometimes we exceed the idle time and aren't logged in for all potential chat sessions (read: $$$).

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.