ServeManager Logo

Cloud-based legal case management solution

ServeManager Reviews

Suggested alternatives

mycase
smokeball
practicepanther-legal-software

The team at ServeManager is often updating the software and the software does a great job at keeping me on top of all of my serves. It keeps me organized and my clients love the quick updates.
I am pleased with the functionality and ease associated with preparation of Declarations and other legal documents.
We appreciate the work put into this system. The staff at SM is very helpful as well, and always pleasant.
Now on the platform you click on the address and it does nothing more than give you the step, no audio or turn by turn which is very poor usage and now adds more time.
These precludes having to establish three separate accounts and confuse clients due to overlapping geographical entities.

DS

Desiree S.

We Love ServeManager

Pros

This software is so easy to use. We tried switching over to another software and it was very difficult to use. We went back to ServeManager right away

Cons

I do not like that we can not print out all statements at one time. They have to be done individually for each client

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Great Products with new features added reguarly

I started using ServeManager while it was a free product and have used it ever since. As stated above I would like to have a report writer and access to the database file or the ability tom export each and every database table for use in other programs. I would like to be able to filter exports be all fields in the database. It’s my data and I should be able to use my data for my purpose.

Pros

ServeManager is very intuitive and easy to learn without referring to a manual or online help. I learn best by doing rather than someone telling me how to do something, so when we hire a new person, we setup a screen share, hand them an order to enter and let them figure it out under our supervision. We find most legal savvy and computer savvy can enter the first order within 10 to 15 minutes and then with minor coaching they can be up to full speed on order entry within a day or two. We try to keep things simple and don’t try to scare new server or office staff with BS stories about the industry. I tell people we are High Priced Couriers that follow specific rules and have a lot more paperwork.

Cons

ServeManager does not have a report writer and does not allow access to database.

CB

Connie B.

Legal Services, self-employed

Satisfied for what I use it for

It' been good overal.

Pros

It's easy to use and keep track of my work from attorneys and pro per people. I don't use it for much more than that at this time.

Cons

Can't status several job at the same address at the same time.

Hi Connie, Thanks for the review, in regards to your concerns with multiple jobs at the same address, are you referring to updating the job status for multiple jobs or making a mass attempt? We recently released a feature that allows you to update multiple jobs at the same address with a mass attempt. To turn this feature on, go to My Account > Settings > Enable Mass Attempts. Check the box and press the Save button. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and we thank you for the feedback.

DK

Davy K.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Hands down, the best software for tracking service of process

Having not only servers I use but clients work within Servemanager is likely the greatest asset of Servemanager in terms of streamlining the process of receiving, serving and completion of legal service of process. Going into at least five years of use, Servemanager works very well as I have many clients uploading and comfortably navigating within my account to do functions that previously took hours of work for me or my staff to attend to. The same can be stated for the work that is assigned to my servers. For the most part, the beginning to the end of a service is achieved via all involved parties (servers, clients, my staff) connecting and communicating within jobs. This central hub for the location of each job absolutely has revolutionized the way I operate.

Pros

Functionality. It's designed to fulfill exactly what is needed when tracking service of process. There are countless fields of data to retain and Servemanager covers everything. The software is intuitive and easy to use. There is a very little learning curve to start working within the platform. I

Cons

There is no perfect software. Everyone has preconceived notions and ideas on how a platform such as this should operate. What helped me overcome this is to utilize a business practice that I often consider. Think outside the box. If the software doesn't do something you need it to do, I had to realize there may be an alternative way to do this. After overcoming a few of these hurdles, I was able to drive Servemanager to its maximum potential and find little lacking. Granted, there are some things I believe are lacking but what Servermanager does well far exceeds any of its limitations.

KG

Kathryn G.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Serve Manager works in New Zealand!

My first concern with Serve Manager was that it wouldn’t work for us being an NZ based company. But we have found this not to the be the case. It manages service of process exceptionally well. I find managing invoices, statements and payments simple. Serve Manager have also customized a number of affidavits for us to allow us to work in accordance with the NZ Court requirements. We would highly recommend Serve Manager to all process servers. We find it cost effect, easy to use and the support (if required) is excellent.

Pros

I have been using Serve Manager now for over 3 years. I am the owner of a small process serving business in New Zealand. I found it simple to set up (I used the trial for 2 days before deciding that this was perfect for my needs), and very user friendly. I have agents throughout the country who use it to manage jobs I send them, and even the most computer resistant process servers find it easy to use.

Cons

There are things we would like to see improved in the system, but they are minor. One example for us would be the ability to have the country added in as an address field. We have clients in New Zealand, Australia, the UK, the US. We would also like the ability to edit the Service Type drop down menu. I would like see a calendar connected where you can manage tasks and reminders for agents. And for marketing I would like the ability to easily export the names of all contacts (not just the main contact for a company) to a third party. But having said that there are new features and updates coming out all the time that have seen the system continue to evolve and improve – which is excellent. We look forward to seeing what is next…

JN

Jeremy N.

ServeManager - The Obvious Choice

Tracking invoicing has become much simpler and while that came to mind first, I can't help but acknowledge that ServeManager gives me a million times less paperwork at the end of our fiscal year. Do I need to know my gross profit? What was I doing the day I logged 150 miles and forgot to write it down? I've been to this address before. Were these people friendly or hostile? ServeManager has answered those questions for me a hundred time over just by going back and looking. If you logged it down, it's still there and sometimes it's there regardless. My overall experience is that ServeManager has become a tool I use that is just as common as a business card and a pen. It goes everywhere with me.

Pros

ServeManager created an easy to use, everything under one roof experience that saved us time and money which are two things you never get back, especially in this industry. The database of servers that use ServeManager is creating a professional network where a summons issued in Missouri can be served in Maine in a matter of hours. The options for online payment, cloud storage and GPS coordinates to proves serves are becoming a staple in this ever evolving industry. ServeManager stayed on top of that and continues to offer the best in Process Service software.

Cons

While it is unfair to say it is a con, ServeManager never reported to be "Private Investigator Software". I used it for that for a period of time until I found another software to use. That particular software stated that they could handle my process service portion of my business as well. But they couldn't keep up with the ease of use that ServeManager offered.

PG

Paul G.

Smooth as Butter

I’ve been using ServeManager since their inception over five years ago. It’s been exciting to see them grow over the years and they pretty much have been there and taken care of any needs that I’ve had without issue.

Pros

I love how easy and clean the program is. Recently, they just changed some of the color schemes in the program to make it more attractive as well. Everything is neatly placed and easy to locate. I like how they continually are striving to keep the program fresh and Up-to-date with the latest needs and not throw in any unnecessary or gimmick like features.

Cons

There’s not much to say about what I don’t like. If I had to think of one thing, it would be nice to click a single button that can wrap up an entire package for the client. Such as, affidavit, invoice And a copy of the summons to send back to the client. You can do this but there’s a few steps. Also, a lot of Process Serving companies do surveillance. So it would be nice if they had an option in the drop-down menu other than “unsuccessful attempt.“ Their work around is to simply go into the affidavit and place your notes in there as you go.

jb

jacqueline b.

THE BEST

one of the few things i pay for that i am always happy with

Pros

WHere do i even begin. Servemanager keeps myself, my servers and my business organized. I could not handle the volume i have without servemanager. Everything is organized. I am able to communicate with my clients easily and they just keep improving my experience. Just when i think the software is PERFECT they add another feature i didnt even know i wanted or needed and make it BETTER. I have client reviews who rate me 5 starts by specifically naming features im able to offer because of my secret weapon- servemanager.

Cons

not really. i suppose i would like to be able to share attachments like photo's from the software but i have no doubt in an update soon i will be able to. thats what is soo great about servemanager they are always updating the software.

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate the fact that we can lend a hand in successfully operating your business! In regards to sharing attachments, at this time we would advise to collaborate with your client and/or contractor if you want to share job attachments and other uploads. Collaboration gives them the ability to log in directly to download and view these files. You are correct however, our development team is cooking up a future update that should improve upon the sharing capabilities of ServeManager. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions and concerns, and we thank you again for the rave review!

AA

Angela A.

Great Flexibility

The overall experience of having ALL your business numbers, how many serves last month, how much in billing this moth so far, how much outstanding in invoices. Love that!

Pros

I really appreciate that the team at ServeManager is happy to customize any changes you need. An example, we had a client that required the county to be listed on the affidavit in the address. They had no problem adding that to my affidavits. Great service!

Cons

I do not have any negative feed back at this time.

Serve Manager Review

Awesome experience with the company. After being a customer for a couple years I really appreciate that the Company checks in on me as a follow up.

Pros

Ease of use! It takes all the complicated, daunting tasks and automates them for you.

Cons

I have not come across to many Cons for the software. Occasionally I find that two cases become linked together, but I am not 100% it is not user error.

Sr

Stacey r.

Invaluable

Serve Manager is the best product on the market. They often and readily accept feedback which they use to make improvements to this service on a sometime monthly bases. One of the original creators still calls and keeps in touch with us every month. Who else does that?

Pros

Five years ago when I started my company I needed a lot of help. This product made navigating through the process of service of process easier. There were many things I needed help with after I made a serve and this product help me figure them out. The ease of allowing us to do things such as national affidavits of service, invoices, auto address generator when creating jobs, keeping up with different clients and court cases makes it an excellent product and much superior to similar products on the market. Did I mention the even have a mobile version which makes things easer for servers in the field! I couldn't imagine operating my business without it. Serve Manager was honestly the best initial investment I made for my business besides my business license.

Cons

Wish there were easier ways of changing court names and address once they've been added to a field.

GE

Gina E.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

I have used many software programs during my career and ServeManager is "by far" the most concise, user friendly program I have ever used. As a person who is not "tech savvy", this is extremely important to me. The layout is simple and easy on the eyes; not complicated at all. Everything you need is on one page and laid out nicely. I was able to obtain the program and immediately begin to function. The...

Pros

Simply laid out Easy to understand and follow Everything you need is on one page Easy on the eyes Not complicated

Cons

There are no cons to write about. I cannot say enough "positive" about this software program.

MC

Mike C.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

The good and the more good.

We solved the management of our field agents who are out serving the papers. Increased efficiency means we can manage more services in less time.

Pros

Ease of job management. Customer support is beyond great. Many integrations with other applications. Desktop or device use is the best. GPS and photo management. Security with documents. Sharing/collaborating.

Cons

The only thing I worry about is differentiating us from others who use ServeManager. The invoices are generic. We need total customization of the invoices. And customization of the sharing email that is sent to our clients.

Hi Mike, Thanks for the review! We love to hear how ServeManager increase the efficiency of our User's workflow. In regards to your invoice, we can add your logo to the template and you have the ability to modify the terms of payment and default message that is included with the Invoice when sending to clients via email. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding ServeManager, and we thank you again for the feedback.

JR

Jayne R.

Made My Life Easier!

I am happy with the ServeManager software and the support group is great.

Pros

The software is user friendly and I had no problem switching from my old software to ServeManager. I have the ability to somewhat customize the software to meet my needs and I especially like the pay by credit card option. Not only do I get paid, the credit card software posts the payment to the job which saves a step and shows "paid" on the invoice.

Cons

In my neck of the woods, our clients still want the original notarized affidavit of service. After it is notarized I have to scan the affidavit to my desktop, email a copy to the client, download the affidavit to the job, then mail the original. Is it possible to add a feature to attach the affidavit to the invoice and email both at the same time.

LH

Lori H.

Must have for business

Saves time! I can do the job from start to finish including billing the client and offering them the ability to pay with an online link to be able to do so saving the client time and mailing fees.

Pros

I love being able to utilize the program straight from my cell phone. I can do billing, set up jobs and the GPS feature and directions to the subject location makes entering the completion of a service of process done in real time. I love being able to set my clients up as a collaborator and more time is saved when they upload their jobs for me to do. It has saved me hours of administrative time.

Cons

The email that is sent to clients to collaborate seems to make them feel uncomfortable. I have always had to reassure and follow up.

PH

Parks H.

Excellent Products

So far no problems.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and covers everything I need to do the job. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I would like to be able to changer some the drop down boxes.

Hi Parks, Thanks for the review! We try our best to make the software easy to use and accessible for any and all process servers in the industry. In regards to your concerns with customizing dropdown boxes, what portion of ServeManager are you referring to? Users have limited capabilities to customize various parts of ServeManager based on their own workflow and business management approach, let's see what we can do to make the ServeManager experience even better for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and we thank you again for the kind words.

JH

Jason H.

Serve Manager

Overall I really like serve manager. It has a lot of great features and awesome customer service.

Pros

This is a great program. I love that it is web based so I can access it from anywhere. The program overall all is easy to use and set up. I also like that you can collaborate with other servers that use serve manager. It is very convenient when you have to complete a serve outside of your area. Overall this is a great program and makes it easy to run a business.

Cons

I wish there was a tab under serve status for the bad addresses. When you log an attempt as a bad address it just shows up in serve manager as an attempt. To me defeats the purpose. It should show as a bad address. There should also be a bad address tab under serve status so you can accurately track your jobs.

GH

Gino H.

Excellent Choice in Software for Process Servers

Great product, great customer support. It was a good choice.

Pros

Ease of use, being able to collaborate with other servers and clients easier, minimizing back and forth emails.

Cons

Not many reporting features. It isn't accounting software so it's not meant to but would like to see some more options for running reports on server pay, year over year stats right from the overview page. But they always seem to be making improvements for the better.

MP

Michael P.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Essential

Has helped improve efficiency. While I won't hit the 75 serves/month mar for a while, I was having trouble keeping 20 monthly serves organized before SM. It is essential to me and my PT helper.

Pros

If you're a process server who needs to organize and get your act together paperwork-wise, this software is essential. CHeck out the GPS Attempts and other features. Easy invoicing. Lots to love..

Cons

Wish it could track my other, non process serving jobs. A mileage tracker would be an awesome add-on to the attempts.

Hi Michael, Thanks for the review! We always love hearing our user's success stories when it comes to efficiency and organization. In regards to your concern with tracking mileage, what you could do is create a Route from your Map section in the Job's tab. With routes, you can set a start/end destination, and include up to 25 different jobs in the route. The system will not only calculate the mileage of the total trip, it will also provide turn-by-turn directions and a link to open the specific location on Google Maps/Apple Maps so you can have assisted navigation while on the go. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and we thank you again for the kind words.

JM

Jacqueline M.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommend

Everything has been amazing! There have been several times where I needed a new court form added to the list of available ones. With a quick email to the support team, it is there and there very quickly! Each and every time that I have had a question or suggestion, they are there to address it right away!

Pros

The software is so easy to use! Every function is very simple to use and can learn extremely quickly, even with minimal experience.

Cons

The ability to create office job numbers. There is a spot for the client's job number and the automatically generated one from serve manager. Our office uses our own job numbers. This helps us with filing and things along those lines. Would like to be able to use a feature like that.

DD

DANIEL D.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Long time user very happy.

Great plain and simple.

Pros

I am a long time user of ServeManager. Its easy of use is awesome and the platform is very easy to use. I have tried others and nothing compares to ServeManager. The crew at ServeManager is outstanding and easy to get help from.

Cons

I like all of it. So there is nothing that I dont like about it.

KL

Keith L.

Legal Services, self-employed

Best software for the price

It's been a blessing!!!

Pros

Super easy to use along with a low monthly cost.

Cons

There's no contractor statements that can be printed when submitting payments. Some affidavits require customization and would like to be able to save them for future use.

GL

Greg L.

Best Process Serve Software Out There

10 out of 10

Pros

The thing I like most about Serve Manager is the customer support and ease of use. It is simple to use, simple to set up and has customer service like no other.

Cons

The thing that I like least is that I have to have multiple email addresses - one for my personal business and another for use on another companies site that I contract for.

BJ

Blair J.

Legal Services, self-employed

ServeManager, my team in a box

Amazing support and team.

Pros

Like that it keeps me organized, looks professional, consistent, good reporting, easy from phone.

Cons

wish there was a way to do multiple serves on the same job, print out affidavit without so much editing. Perhaps data fields remembering more robustly?

LS

Leslie S.

Love this software

My experience with ServeManager has been wonderful. Rep. calls and checks in with us. I have sent emails with questions and requests. I received responses to the emails very promptly and my requests were met.

Pros

Ease of use. Software is very user friendly. Love the functions available in the options drop down menu.

Cons

Would like to be able to put notes in for multiple jobs