ServeManager

Cloud-based legal case management solution

ServeManager Reviews

Pros

I am pleased with the functionality and ease associated with preparation of Declarations and other legal documents.

Clint C.

The team at ServeManager is often updating the software and the software does a great job at keeping me on top of all of my serves. It keeps me organized and my clients love the quick updates.

THOMAS L.

Laura B.

Cons

I wish there was a tab under serve status for the bad addresses. When you log an attempt as a bad address it just shows up in serve manager as an attempt.

Jason H.

Now on the platform you click on the address and it does nothing more than give you the step, no audio or turn by turn which is very poor usage and now adds more time.

LARRY G.

These precludes having to establish three separate accounts and confuse clients due to overlapping geographical entities.

Clint C.

ServeManager Review

I have been very satisfied

Pros

I used to be a computer technician so it is easy to get used to.

Cons

I like collaborating and I like the ease of use. I think the updates are good.

Process Server

I have had a wonder experience with ServeManager. I talked to them about specific forms I needed integrated for specific clients and they set the forms up so that everything worked perfectly. They have helped my business grow and grow.

Pros

I use Serve Manager daily as I run a process service business. Serve manager allows me to interface with my servers and clients and I am able to store all info on a serve in one place - in my job on serve manager. I can upload emails and documents. I can utilize the mobile site which will allow me to upload photographs into the job that also has the GPS coordinates and a date & time taken. My clients like it in that they can upload and assign jobs to me from their desktop. I could not do my job with ServeManager!

Cons

I wish there was another date field in which we could place the depo/hearing/trial date into that we could see as well a our follow-up date.

Needs the plaintiff's name in the subject line of system generated emails, dashboard needs updating

We need the plaintiff's name in the email updates subject line. The system's API does not integrate fully with other platforms. There is no email add-in feature like other platforms have. The reporting information is very limited. We can't see at a glance old jobs, their status, from the jobs board or a report.

Pros

The platform is limited. Most beneficial features are the updates from servers and to clients. The form affidavit that uploads the service attempts automatically. The ability to share all details with servers and clients.

Cons

The reports are generally cumbersome and not intuitive. The reporting is very limited. Could not assign multiple servers to 1 job for a long time which was not helpful. The email updates to the clients have no reference to the plaintiff's name in it. The servemanager order # means nothing to their case and filing system. We NEED THE PLAINTIFF'S NAME IN THE EMAIL UPDATES SUBJECT LINE.

Hands down, the best software for tracking service of process

Having not only servers I use but clients work within Servemanager is likely the greatest asset of Servemanager in terms of streamlining the process of receiving, serving and completion of legal service of process. Going into at least five years of use, Servemanager works very well as I have many clients uploading and comfortably navigating within my account to do functions that previously took hours of work for me or my staff to attend to. The same can be stated for the work that is assigned to my servers. For the most part, the beginning to the end of a service is achieved via all involved parties (servers, clients, my staff) connecting and communicating within jobs. This central hub for the location of each job absolutely has revolutionized the way I operate.

Pros

Functionality. It's designed to fulfill exactly what is needed when tracking service of process. There are countless fields of data to retain and Servemanager covers everything. The software is intuitive and easy to use. There is a very little learning curve to start working within the platform. I

Cons

There is no perfect software. Everyone has preconceived notions and ideas on how a platform such as this should operate. What helped me overcome this is to utilize a business practice that I often consider. Think outside the box. If the software doesn't do something you need it to do, I had to realize there may be an alternative way to do this. After overcoming a few of these hurdles, I was able to drive Servemanager to its maximum potential and find little lacking. Granted, there are some things I believe are lacking but what Servermanager does well far exceeds any of its limitations.

Love this!

This organizes my service of process business! Billing, jobs, contracting jobs out, managing customers... EVERYTHING.

Pros

I like that this not only makes the serve process easier, but it integrates billing, affidavits and customer updates in a super simple process.

Cons

Setting up the customer accounts... I want more control over adding and removing the customer access. I don't want the customer to have to add users for every single paralegal or attorney. I don't add them so that one of the paralegals have to play an administrative role for my management software. Some of the firms I have get some turnover and they have many lawyers, paralegals and admin staff.

User friendly

Super easy to use, always evolving and the staff is super helpful and accommodating. I recommend it to other servers!

Pros

Very easy to use and straight to the point.

Cons

There is no app for ServeManager. That would really be my only suggestion. Makes life easier for the servers out in the field.

Excellent Software

Overall it’s been an excellent experience. If I’ve had any difficulty using features customer service has been very helpful in giving me directions to a solution

Pros

ServeManager allows you to work on every job fro start to the invoice being paid.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app. It’s relatively easy to sign into the mobile site but I think it would increase productivity for Servers to have access to an instant app

Serve Manager Purchase

My experience has been ALL positive , with direct sales that offers assistance and will call to make sure your satisfied 100 %

Pros

It is so easy to set up and go, More like plug and play. I love to be able to track employess and review who they attempted . This is the best purchase i have ever made.

Cons

The only cons that i have is that i did not use the program , I could not keep up workflow without it.

A must have for process servers & Constables

The largest benefit is keeping my business finances in order. I can now stay on top of who has paid and who hasn't. I used to be at a few thousand dollars on open invoices. Now, thanks to their account aging report, I can stay on top of customers that don't pay timely. The integration with stripe has been awesome. Many of my non-local customers love paying online. The rates are in-line with everyone else out there. Customers also love the automated updates when there is an activity with their case. Happy customers return!

Pros

So many reasons to love this software. I would truly be lost without it. I like how everything is organized. It tracks all by serves, does the billing, generates reports (even specific court forms) and the dashboard lets me keep it all in check.

Cons

I do wish it had a few other features. But good news, they are always updating the software. I would like to see a field sheet in the format of a #10 envelope. That way we can have a handy-sized field sheet that holds the documents in it or can be paperclipped for larger jobs.

Servemanager is the leader in automation software for legal firms

Secure Online Document Management, Integration with every app I use on a daily bases and Customer Support that is out of this world.

Pros

I love how I can sit back and watch jobs flow into my account with an easy to use interface and affidavits that fill themselves out from the service details entered in the field and with customer log in access we can move from old and tired to easy and automated. Thank you Servemanager!!

Cons

I use serve manager for court filings as well as serves and eFilings. I wish there was a way to attach a file to a note and share it with my client. I've mentioned this to the awesome customer support staff at Servemanager and I'm excited to hear that Servemanager is constantly upgrading their software! They added recently added "Server Pay" so now I can keep track of how much I owe my servers in the field.

Serve Manager works in New Zealand!

My first concern with Serve Manager was that it wouldn’t work for us being an NZ based company. But we have found this not to the be the case. It manages service of process exceptionally well. I find managing invoices, statements and payments simple. Serve Manager have also customized a number of affidavits for us to allow us to work in accordance with the NZ Court requirements. We would highly recommend Serve Manager to all process servers. We find it cost effect, easy to use and the support (if required) is excellent.

Pros

I have been using Serve Manager now for over 3 years. I am the owner of a small process serving business in New Zealand. I found it simple to set up (I used the trial for 2 days before deciding that this was perfect for my needs), and very user friendly. I have agents throughout the country who use it to manage jobs I send them, and even the most computer resistant process servers find it easy to use.

Cons

There are things we would like to see improved in the system, but they are minor. One example for us would be the ability to have the country added in as an address field. We have clients in New Zealand, Australia, the UK, the US. We would also like the ability to edit the Service Type drop down menu. I would like see a calendar connected where you can manage tasks and reminders for agents. And for marketing I would like the ability to easily export the names of all contacts (not just the main contact for a company) to a third party. But having said that there are new features and updates coming out all the time that have seen the system continue to evolve and improve – which is excellent. We look forward to seeing what is next…

Great Products with new features added reguarly

I started using ServeManager while it was a free product and have used it ever since. As stated above I would like to have a report writer and access to the database file or the ability tom export each and every database table for use in other programs. I would like to be able to filter exports be all fields in the database. It’s my data and I should be able to use my data for my purpose.

Pros

ServeManager is very intuitive and easy to learn without referring to a manual or online help. I learn best by doing rather than someone telling me how to do something, so when we hire a new person, we setup a screen share, hand them an order to enter and let them figure it out under our supervision. We find most legal savvy and computer savvy can enter the first order within 10 to 15 minutes and then with minor coaching they can be up to full speed on order entry within a day or two. We try to keep things simple and don’t try to scare new server or office staff with BS stories about the industry. I tell people we are High Priced Couriers that follow specific rules and have a lot more paperwork.

Cons

ServeManager does not have a report writer and does not allow access to database.

Ins and Outs of ServeManager

ServeManager is a very useful and tool to navigate the Process Serving world. It is becoming a way to interact to other process servers as well, but that needs to be tweaked a little more. We appreciate the work put into this system. The staff at SM is very helpful as well, and always pleasant.

Pros

The ease of finding all the information in one place per company and person. The ability to upload anything to keep all information in one location. The ability to email our servers, customers, etc. ServeManager is a good system to track jobs, company information, invoicing and server pay.

Cons

The movement of the Notes box to the lower portion is not convenient. Also in Notes or Service Instructions, it would be nice to be able to make words bold, larger font, italicized, underlined or in different color, etc. Also, the layout of service attempt information (once you click on the attempt) has made it impossible to copy and paste the information and place in an email in a neat arrangement. The...

ServeManager - The Obvious Choice

Tracking invoicing has become much simpler and while that came to mind first, I can't help but acknowledge that ServeManager gives me a million times less paperwork at the end of our fiscal year. Do I need to know my gross profit? What was I doing the day I logged 150 miles and forgot to write it down? I've been to this address before. Were these people friendly or hostile? ServeManager has answered those questions for me a hundred time over just by going back and looking. If you logged it down, it's still there and sometimes it's there regardless. My overall experience is that ServeManager has become a tool I use that is just as common as a business card and a pen. It goes everywhere with me.

Pros

ServeManager created an easy to use, everything under one roof experience that saved us time and money which are two things you never get back, especially in this industry. The database of servers that use ServeManager is creating a professional network where a summons issued in Missouri can be served in Maine in a matter of hours. The options for online payment, cloud storage and GPS coordinates to proves serves are becoming a staple in this ever evolving industry. ServeManager stayed on top of that and continues to offer the best in Process Service software.

Cons

While it is unfair to say it is a con, ServeManager never reported to be "Private Investigator Software". I used it for that for a period of time until I found another software to use. That particular software stated that they could handle my process service portion of my business as well. But they couldn't keep up with the ease of use that ServeManager offered.

THE BEST

one of the few things i pay for that i am always happy with

Pros

WHere do i even begin. Servemanager keeps myself, my servers and my business organized. I could not handle the volume i have without servemanager. Everything is organized. I am able to communicate with my clients easily and they just keep improving my experience. Just when i think the software is PERFECT they add another feature i didnt even know i wanted or needed and make it BETTER. I have client reviews who rate me 5 starts by specifically naming features im able to offer because of my secret weapon- servemanager.

Cons

not really. i suppose i would like to be able to share attachments like photo's from the software but i have no doubt in an update soon i will be able to. thats what is soo great about servemanager they are always updating the software.

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate the fact that we can lend a hand in successfully operating your business! In regards to sharing attachments, at this time we would advise to collaborate with your client and/or contractor if you want to share job attachments and other uploads. Collaboration gives them the ability to log in directly to download and view these files. You are correct however, our development team is cooking up a future update that should improve upon the sharing capabilities of ServeManager. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions and concerns, and we thank you again for the rave review!

Smooth as Butter

I’ve been using ServeManager since their inception over five years ago. It’s been exciting to see them grow over the years and they pretty much have been there and taken care of any needs that I’ve had without issue.

Pros

I love how easy and clean the program is. Recently, they just changed some of the color schemes in the program to make it more attractive as well. Everything is neatly placed and easy to locate. I like how they continually are striving to keep the program fresh and Up-to-date with the latest needs and not throw in any unnecessary or gimmick like features.

Cons

There’s not much to say about what I don’t like. If I had to think of one thing, it would be nice to click a single button that can wrap up an entire package for the client. Such as, affidavit, invoice And a copy of the summons to send back to the client. You can do this but there’s a few steps. Also, a lot of Process Serving companies do surveillance. So it would be nice if they had an option in the drop-down menu other than “unsuccessful attempt.“ Their work around is to simply go into the affidavit and place your notes in there as you go.

Review from Pro Legal in Minnesota

Serve Manager has increased our efficiency easily 100% because of the speed of the database and how well it is laid out. Invoicing, creating statements and collections are a breeze, before Serve Manager it would take two days to send out client statements to all our clients, with Serve Manager that task now takes 1/10 of that time.

Pros

We love the fact that every attempt and service is GPS tracked, also that we can access all records via desktop or remotely from handheld devices. The database is very easy to navigate and very clean, uncluttered and fast! We also love the ability to collaborate with our clients and service companies directly through the online portal. The Serve Manager team is also extremely responsive to issues or questions as they arise, we typically receive an email response within minutes.

Cons

The only con I would say is the lack of the ability to search past jobs by street address to look up previous jobs by address alone but it is rarely needed and we can always quickly find what we are looking for using other modifiers such as name case #, etc.

Hi Troy, Thanks for the review! We always love hearing from our users and the feedback goes a long way in terms of how we can be a better software. In regards to your concern with searching via address, what you could do is enter the zip code of the service address into the Job search bar, and it will filter the list to show all jobs associate with that zip code. Additionally, you can use the Map tab to zoom in on a specific area which will then filter the job list based on location. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and we thank you again for the kind words.

Invaluable

Serve Manager is the best product on the market. They often and readily accept feedback which they use to make improvements to this service on a sometime monthly bases. One of the original creators still calls and keeps in touch with us every month. Who else does that?

Pros

Five years ago when I started my company I needed a lot of help. This product made navigating through the process of service of process easier. There were many things I needed help with after I made a serve and this product help me figure them out. The ease of allowing us to do things such as national affidavits of service, invoices, auto address generator when creating jobs, keeping up with different clients and court cases makes it an excellent product and much superior to similar products on the market. Did I mention the even have a mobile version which makes things easer for servers in the field! I couldn't imagine operating my business without it. Serve Manager was honestly the best initial investment I made for my business besides my business license.

Cons

Wish there were easier ways of changing court names and address once they've been added to a field.

Stream line Data Repository

Serve Manager has helped our company expand and grow. It has helped keep track of all the data associated with Serving legal documents. It has helped us with credibly on several occasions with the gps tracking for status attempts and serves. Our clients are impressed by our system and it has helped increase productivity on both ends by getting all jobs input by our clients.

Pros

Serve Manager does exactly what the title says. It manages all the serves we have. From start to finish all the data is stored and organized very clearly for each and every job. After you get over the learning curve, it is very hard to goto anything else. Constant compliments from our clients on our data organization.

Cons

I would say The learning curve takes about 50-100 jobs to master and be proficient on all the features.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

I have used many software programs during my career and ServeManager is "by far" the most concise, user friendly program I have ever used. As a person who is not "tech savvy", this is extremely important to me. The layout is simple and easy on the eyes; not complicated at all. Everything you need is on one page and laid out nicely. I was able to obtain the program and immediately begin to function. The...

Pros

Simply laid out Easy to understand and follow Everything you need is on one page Easy on the eyes Not complicated

Cons

There are no cons to write about. I cannot say enough "positive" about this software program.

ServeManager Review

Super friendly staff and keeps everything organized for us.

Pros

The team at ServeManager is often updating the software and the software does a great job at keeping me on top of all of my serves. It keeps me organized and my clients love the quick updates!

Cons

There is no mobile application that we can utilize. Sometimes in a bad signal area we cannot record attempts on the web application but if we had an application that could sync serves and we can log things there, the attempts can be recorded and later uplaoded when signal is restored. Also, we have to contact support to upgrade/downgrade our account and cannot do this on our own. If we could freely upgrade/downgrade at will it would be great.

The most powerful Process Server e-software available...

Utilizing ServeManager has saved our company a bundle in administrative work by streamlining the entire serving process. The ServeManager's staff are extremely professional, reaching out to us each and every month. Letting us know how much they appreciate doing business with us, and to inquire if we need help with anything! Their team members are sincere, honest and ready to help in anyway they can. We look forward to utilizing ServeManager for years to come.

Pros

The features are second-to-none and are consistently improved, with new features added on a regular basis. The remote mobile access contains all the tools needed when out on the job, in realtime! GPS logging to support actual attempts made, and emails the attempts to the client and to the server when the option is enabled to do so. Notes for the ongoing process for each case as it remains active/open. The newest feature "e-serve" will be a great feature when more courts start to allow/accept e-serves. It would take a month to list all the awesome features ServeManger has to offer. You can't go wrong with this product and the service provided.

Cons

ServeManager could certainly use more electronic payment processing providers, like Square.com. 🤔

The good and the more good.

We solved the management of our field agents who are out serving the papers. Increased efficiency means we can manage more services in less time.

Pros

Ease of job management. Customer support is beyond great. Many integrations with other applications. Desktop or device use is the best. GPS and photo management. Security with documents. Sharing/collaborating.

Cons

The only thing I worry about is differentiating us from others who use ServeManager. The invoices are generic. We need total customization of the invoices. And customization of the sharing email that is sent to our clients.

Hi Mike, Thanks for the review! We love to hear how ServeManager increase the efficiency of our User's workflow. In regards to your invoice, we can add your logo to the template and you have the ability to modify the terms of payment and default message that is included with the Invoice when sending to clients via email. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding ServeManager, and we thank you again for the feedback.

Great Product & Service

Great experience all around!

Pros

I love the way the software instigates with the billing and the call that I get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] every month (Rep) to make sure our people are doing GOOD!

Cons

That jobs that have a due date are moved to the end of the program.

Hi Jose, Thanks for the review! We definitely try to make ServeManager accessible and easy to use for all of our users. When it comes to sorting your job list, by default the jobs are sorted when they were chronologically entered into the system. Adding a Rush Priority pushes the job to the top of the list, and adding a due date pushes it to the bottom, where jobs are then sorted based on the date due. You can use our filter system to further sort your jobs, such as date ranges and the option to view all jobs in your account, which will sort your job list chronologically regardless of rush priorities and due dates. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns regarding ServeManager and we thank you again for your kind words and feedback.

Great Software

This software has made my organization very efficient and we plan to continue to grow and know that ServeManager is there for us. The support team is excellent.

Pros

I think the ease of use and speed in which you can obtain and write information is great.

Cons

I would like to see the invoice section by easier when issuing clients based on a 2 week billing cycle

Hi Matthew, We appreciate the feedback and look forward to helping your business grow even further! In regards to your concern with issuing invoices, what you could do is open the specific client company from your Companies tab, then navigate to the invoices tab where you can see all invoices for that particular company. From this page, you can use the date range filters to isolate the specific jobs, then using the options dropdown menu to mass issue the selected jobs. You can also apply payments to multiple jobs, create a statement, or create a bulk .pdf file of all the invoices. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and again we thank you for the kind words.