Miva Reviews

Pros

I have been talking with Sam Newbold about a new website and he has been more than helpful - very responsive, knowledgeable, and patient. He has been a tremendous asset to me in this new update.

Dottie M.

His directions walked me seamlessly through the pages and all is well. Thank you, Nick, and Miva Merchant had best recognize you for the outstanding customer service pro that you are.

Larry V.

Nick was one of the most professional, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly support techs I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I hope I get to work with Nick again in the future.

Yvonne S.

Cons

Shopify is deceptive because it advertises low monthly costs to host your business. These fees are just the tip of the iceberg though.

Mike R.

The most frustrating part of miva store is the customization of pages.

denise b.

So our images did not blend well with one another which threw the whole design off. The SEO fields are weak.

dalia m.

4.8

Incredible Ecommerce Tool

It's incredibly easy to use. I always suggest new stores to use Miva whenever possible.

Pros

Miva is very easy to work with for any online marketer or ecommerce professional. I have worked with them for complex websites and they were able to handle very large sites and very complex rules with no issues.

Cons

Getting any third party to integrate with Miva is usually pretty expensive. Other ecommerce platforms like Magento and Shopify have simple apps for integration. The bigger Miva gets, the more this issue will go away. I just wish it would happen now! Integration fees a lot of the time are way too much and make it difficult to add new functionality to my website.

Tried Shopify, Returning to Miva

I have hosted my business with Miva for over 20 years. Several years ago, I had a Magento site developed with the intention of switching platforms, but pulled the plug after seeing how slow Magento websites loaded. I just had a Shopify site developed, with the intention of switching platforms, and saving on the monthly fee that Miva charges. Shopify is deceptive because it advertises low monthly...

Pros

Miva has impressive tech support, and includes features that Shopify requires monthly subscriptions for. Additionally, Miva let's you choose a credit card processor, which can potentially save you a ton of money vs. Shopify, which requires you to use their processor.

Cons

In order to receive a lower cost subscription for Miva, I had to sign a 3 year contract.

Do not waste your money

we had been Miva users since Miva4 and recently upgraded to Miva9. It was a disaster in so many ways. I had to pay a license for each of our staff of $50 per month called a seat license. So if 3 people work on your store concurrently during the day - shipping, customer service, admin-- that is $150 per month additional. Then there is the limit on band width. The more visits, the more you pay....

Miva Merchant Support

We have been using Miva Shopping chart for over a decade but just recently started using them as our webhost. We have been very pleased with their support team. The team is attentive and knowledgeable. They work quickly to resolve issues . This fact is very important to small internet store owners.

Pros

Miva's ability to sync with QB's and ShipWorks is a valued feature. We just could not process our orders as efficiently without it.

Cons

It has been a challenge to get accustomed to each new upgrade. Each one comes with it's own learning curve and it can be time consuming for small business owners to understand. That said, the upgrade from Miva 5.5 to 9 was seamless.

Amazing eCommerce Software

One of the best ecommerce software experiences out there.

Pros

-Ease of use, allows us to save time onboarding new employees -Flexibility for complex implementations is present -Very developer-friendly platform -Plugin implementation is easy and the selection is outstanding -Customer support has been top-notch, nothing to complain about there -Has improved our efficiency, especially so w/ the sync of ShipWorks

Cons

To be nitpicky, there are some tasks within Miva that seem to be made harder than they should be. Miva is constantly being updated, so we've seen positive changes in a number of these areas - so have to credit them for that. The upgrades might add a little bit of difficulty to the learning curve, but overall we enjoy those updates.

We have been with Miva since 2002. The cart and support have always been excellent.

An effective website shopping cart with 100% uptime that is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Miva is easy to use and flexible. Every time we have upgraded we have looked hard to see if there was something better value for money and did not find anything. Uptime on our cart has been very close to 100% and if we run into a problem the support staff are quick and very helpful.

Cons

I would like free, recovery of the abandoned, post-input, customer information URLs, containing the customer email and other information (just before shipping and payment method selection). Followed by an automatic promotion, module. Nobody else has this either

I am not a computer expert, but customer service agent was patient and gave me excellent customer support.

It's easy to make sales through my web site. They have good SEO.

Pros

Easy to list new products and to change details about existing products. Customer service has always been helpful with any questions.

great service, needs integrations

All-round inventory, finance, and sales management

Pros

Miva offers a very solid product, good customization, and strong customer service. It's head and shoulders above other online sales platforms for medium-sized businesses that need a central platform for managing inventory and finances as well as online sales. And they also offer web hosting!

Cons

There's really no reason why Miva shouldn't have free/easy integrations like many of it's competitors. Customizing or paying for each integration can get quite onerous.

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed feedback about your experience with Miva. We aim to provide the best features for our clients while providing live 24/7 customer support. Baked into the Miva platform are powerful features that allow Miva users to distinguish their brand from day one. This approach allows Miva to provide a seamless shopping experience with less dependency third party plugins, although we do have a robust ecosystem of partner integrations, including free ones, at https://apps.miva.com/. We love feedback so please feel free to reach us at 800.608.6482. We want to hear what integrations you think would make Miva a better platform. :)

Pretty powerful eCommerce tool with some learning curve. Bit pricey for small business owners.

Pretty nice set of features that cover a broad range of business needs for eCommerce.

Pros

Impressive list of functionality, especially in the introductory pricing packages. It takes a bit of time to learn how to use it from the administrator's perspective but has quite a bit to offer in terms of features and functionality, including B2B capabilities.

Cons

The pricing model could use a little review and the ability to use it for a trial period is not very inviting and too limiting.

Miva's customer service gets 5 stars!

Pros

I have had a few issues and they are great at responding and following up to my and my team's requests. We are able to add a lot of customizations to our shopping cart and all these integrations are included within our package. Best of all, there has never been any extra charges.

Cons

The overall price is a bit high amongst its competitors. You get what you pay for. Also wish the analytics were more robust.

Miva Continues to Grow

At first it was a great platform which did what we needed but went downhill. It then went through a roller coaster of executive changes, is back on the right, and has great potential if development continues.

Pros

Extremely Flexible Platform, Easy to Code in, Tons of Plugins/Developers, Great Support from most Miva Staff. Dedicated Account Managers.

Cons

There are tons of small little nuances about the software that just make things so much more difficult. Especially in regards to bulk product editing. It is getting better, but just not there yet. Some customer support staff/account manager do not seem very knowledgeable or driven.

Very Happy Customer

Pros

Miva has been by my side over the last ten years of my e-commerce journey. The product allows me to customize and run my site in the way I want, and the support I receive when needed solves all problems that I may face in using the software.

Cons

There are some minor features I would like to see implemented that some competing products have. But overall, the software and the hosting is a good value for cost.

Excellent tech support

The reason I stay with Miva is the EXCELLENT tech support. It's professional, capable, and patient. I've dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the past and found here truly excellent. One of the reasons I stay with Miva

Pros

Software works and if not, customer support will help make it work

Cons

Frequent dfficulty in logging in requiring a call to tech support Too expensive for a small site like mine

Support Service/Sam Newbold

I have been using Miva Merchant for over ten years and I want to say how happy I am with the program, the support, and the consistency of excellent customer service! I have been talking with Sam Newbold about a new website and he has been more than helpful - very responsive, knowledgeable, and patient. He has been a tremendous asset to me in this new update!!

Pros

It is user friendly and comes with great customer support.

Nick Rodney's Customer Service is Incredible

Well, I truly doubt I've ever had better customer service in my lifetime than that provided by Nick. In fact, I made it a point to wait for the times he was working to try to garner only his help specifically in the areas that needed to be undertaken. I trust him fully in his knowledge of Miva and its related areas, and in his amazing attitude towards work. Nick would suggest and take on improvements...

Great!!

Pros

Works good, looks good and easy to use. I am not a computer wizard but I can use this program with out a lot of assistance, and when I do need assistance Miva provides it quickly.

Upgrading from Miva 4 to Miva 5.5

For most people, this would have been relatively easy especially given the wonderful assistance from Miva's support technicians. BUT, as I am a readily confessed technophobe, the transition was truly an ordeal for me and I came close to quitting several times. My Miva version was so old that the keywords didn't transfer over and many of the product descriptions were without the appropriate html code....

Cons

Been happily using Miva for years. They continue to improve the product and documentation!

Pros

You have access to tweak almost everything through certain modules, and in recent years changes were made so that you can do even more without needing to purchase additional modules.

Cons

Documentation was really lacking for a number of years! We do a lot of customization and in the past we were sometimes limited because of the lack of documentation. Also, many customizations required the purchase of additional modules. However, it's been improving in recent years.

Great dealing with a professional Miva Support. Answered and resolved my concerns.

It suits my needs at the current time.

Pros

User friendly. I like the fact that support is patient and understanding and walks me through the process.

Fast and fabulous!

Quick and easy. My problem was solved and I was able to take care of my customer quickly. That is important.

Cons

The Tech Support Couldn't Have Been Better! Amazing!

For a couple of months our site was considerably over it's disk space allotment as we did an upgrade and back-ups were saved. Saturday night I went through the site eliminating "things" I thought weren't needed. I thought the "miracles_mm5" database had to do with an old Joomla version and I deleted it! I forgot that the MIVA store also used a .sql database. Silly me! Sunday night I went to log into...

Gene Montgomery

To Whom It May Concern, In a time when customer service is widely reduced to reading a script and mind you, not very well, interacting with someone like Gene Montgomery is rare. He proved that he cared about me and my business though care was never uttered from his mouth. No, his actions spoke much louder than a person trained to be empathetic to customers under duress. Gene clearly understands...

Help with Miva Admin - Setting up an automatic customer mailer

I received a return call back from your customer support person Chris. Immediately I got a sense of him being "charged up" and "there for me" with a sense of urgency. Since I am a little slow with computers, he invited me to join the session through some conference type software and explained the steps needed for me to create the customer email. I have spoken to many of your customer folks over the...

Cons

Great customer service. All problems handled timely and professionally.

Pros

I like how the software is user friendly, and how I can always get in touch with a Miva representative if I run into problems. We have been adding alot of additions to our website, and I'm not sure how far I would have gotten if I couldn't go to miva for a quick solutions.

Cons

No complaint so far except that some review system apps do not work with Miva's system, which is frustrating because now I have to find new review systems. Not a huge deal though.

Sales: Unmatched Big Sales, Big Dollars, Big Lifestyle Big Miva, always win every day all day long!!

Miva Review: 2016 Big Sales, Big Dollars, Big Lifestyle Big Miva, we always win every day all day long with Miva!! We did the whole thing we are supposed to do as a Miva store, as an eCommerce store that Evolved- thanks to Miva and their People and Storefront The Miva People: unmatched 5 stars Technical Support: unmatched 5 stars Developers: unmatched 5 stars Design Team: unmatched 5 stars Sales: Unmatched 10 stars If you have the wherewithal, the ability and Miva support; then and you yes you, can get to it and make it happen! Big Sales, Big Dollars Big Lifestyle Big Miva, never let us down- We always win every day all day long with Miva!! Store Tom Schreiber Miva Store Customer www.tacticaldefense.com