Procore Reviews

User ratings

4.5

2.5K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Brilliant, they really seem to focus on customer care as it was always helpful and there straight away.
Many great features but the best feature by far is its ability to organize drawings. Additionally the RFI, RFQ, and Change Event features are all great.
Was very kind, honest, and helpful when giving us information and even other options outside of Procore to help suit our needs. Easy to access and navigate.
The preconstruction bidding tool is horrible and the development team is more concerned with increasing their market share than fixing problems with the tool.
Awful - horrible program that you cant even stop the stupid emails even after you tell them you want nothing to do with their program any longer. I would pay to get rid of this program.
The interface is bad for GC’s, but horrendous for subcontractors.

Procore users...

Autodesk Construction Cloud-logocaret

Autodesk Construction Cloud

CMiC-logocaret

CMiC

How would you rate Procore?

2,505 reviews

Procore

Transcript

Valeria B.: Hi. My name is Valeria. I'm an administrative assistant for an HVAC company, and I give Procore...

Excellent full-on project management software

This is a package aimed at construction professionals and provides a thorough means of managing multiple projects across multiple people and teams including architects, designers, and subcontractors. It is a significant investment not a simple free app, and needs to be approached as such. The implementation is pretty straightforward and the customer support excellent.here remain some annoying features, but the support team are responsive and it is clear that significant investment if still being made into improving the software.

Pros

Much better than the competition at managing a range of projects across the things you need in construction - RFI,s , punch/snag list (we use this for internal "to do" items) and critically the main contract variations- this is a bit clunky but REALLY effective when you get the hang of it - meetings recording is again a trifle clunky but very effective so I forgive it For the first time in 15 years I have proper oversight across all projects (typically around 40-60) and can manage the progress of each from my iPad wherever I am. Site logging app very powerful Clients love the visibility Document handling with version control is brilliant

Cons

The only really annoying feature is that the company level information (ie visibility across projects, personal "open items" lists and financials) is only available on the browser version not the app. The directory and permissions systems are well intentioned but actually you have to subvert them a bit as to do anything useful people really need full admin rights (even to add a contact to a directory-...

It supervises all functions and organizes project document storage.

The most essential aspect of Procore is that it provided us with an integrated system and procedures that allow us to ensure that all duties, as well as the process of issuing reports and other papers, are completed correctly. It also allowed us to keep track of all documents and reports, as well as their status, to minimize delays in their distribution or disruptions on the job site.

Pros

I appreciate the fact that Procore is one of the best cloud-based construction project management platforms, as its capabilities are tremendous in organizing all functions, storing project data, and providing collaborative capabilities to all project stakeholders, allowing them to track all project details with pinpoint accuracy. I appreciate how easily I can track any task and know its status and details, as well as how easily I can request a report or work delivery from subcontractors. It's nice to have all of the tools we need for reporting and monitoring subcontractor performance in one location, and I particularly appreciate how all project documents are preserved in a specific order so that we can keep track of their progress and easily return to them when needed.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort to use it effectively, and I don't think we'll be able to produce positive outcomes unless we thoroughly train the team and other project partners on how to use all of the tools and collaborate with them. It's worth noting that Procore offers customer assistance and integrated training sessions that help us learn how all of the tools work and how to utilize them effectively.

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Pros

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

Cons

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team...

Best available for Document and Project Management

Overall their customer support team has been great helping us in training and getting up to speed with implementation and helping with custom solutions tailored to our unique business needs.

Pros

Procore is arguable the top document and project management solution in the market. Great cross platform functionality and top customer service.

Cons

A lot to be desired in their bidding/estimating functionality, but they are active in releasing updates and improved functionality so I hope this gets better over time.

Procore Review

Pros

I like how Procore integrates everything we need for a construction project into one place easily accessible by the entire team. It is very useful that the software allows us to see the most up to date information and plans, lead tender processes and share documents all on one platform.

Cons

I think that there is some work that could be done to make it easier to shift through plans in Procore. One major functionality that I was not able to figure out in Procore was how to view the entire set of plans that were up to date at a certain point in time in order to analyze a change order. I have also done many construction bids through Procore, it would be better if it was a little bit easier to compile tender packages directly on the program. I also find that the program sometimes will run very slow for all users. This often makes it difficult to properly review plans and changes.

Almost Procore

Pros

I used Procore for general site prints and basic detail pages for footing/columns/grade beams etc. I found while an amazing luxury just to have an entire set of prints in your pocket, it still needs refining. The tech is a little glitchy sometimes and is hard to navigate. I have been told it is improving and can say last time I used it my experience was slightly improved.

Cons

Sometimes it would glitch and send me to the incorrect page or detail I selected. Can be a little complicated but I would say it's normal if you are trying to make an entire set of structural drawings pull up on a tablet in a job trailer.

project management made easy

It is a great software and it streamlined our project coordination!

Pros

Keeping track of submittals & RFIs without spreadsheets is awesome! you can get responses and inquiries and address construction issues in real time. Apart from being easy to use, the updates and notifications are great features.

Cons

it would be nice if you have the ability to mark up drawings. The downloading of drawings and attachments are not pretty straightforward.

Excellent Heavy Hitting Product

Pros

Procore has an excellent user interface and well thought out features to integrate it's various components.

Cons

Scheduling is not an integrated feature and requires additional software to bolt on. This is fine for many large commercial outfits that are already in their scheduling softwares but lacks creativity in bringing forward a one stop shop product that covers all the construction needs for the premium price they charge.

Procore is very productive

Procore gave me a very good experience, it is totally recommendable to everyone.

Pros

. Very useful for every type of organization . Very easy installation and implementation . Quick customer support services . Easy-to-use interface . Very safe and secure

Cons

The meeting minutes section is very clunky and hard to use, the only cons I got till now. Otherwise, it is very useful.

Great and helpful app

Pros

The app is very easy to use and all of the features are essential to the workload being given by my company. Also, reporting and analytics can be sent in one click which saves up alot of time for our team.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't update real time. A lot of refresh button needs to be clicked for it to be updated on the software.

Ensure the successful management of contracting projects and perfect organization of project data

Procore has provided us with great flexibility in managing the project, and we have eliminated many of the mistakes that we were making previously when preparing the various submission tables in the project. With Procore, you can, with simple steps, filter Shop drawings Logs or RFI's Logs, for example, and know the status of the topic that Looking for it and following it up with other members by sending them notifications. Indeed, it simplifies many procedures and keeps all tasks and project activities under constant follow-up.

Pros

What I like most about Procore is the perfect organization that it provides for all documents, reports, and communications of project members on the cloud, which enables all team members and stakeholders to be kept up-to-date and informed of everything that is going on with the project. I appreciate how providing all project management tools in one place simplifies the procedures and saves a lot of...

Cons

Procore is ideal for contracting projects, and I don't think there are any negative things or technical problems, as it is connected to the cloud and has an amazing interface, it depends only on the work team and their cooperation by taking advantage of all the wonderful tools available in Procore.

Multi-tasking platform that covers all project needs

He mainly contributed to the accurate preservation and documentation of all project records, and through the updates that were issued by him, we were able to know the status of those documents and whether they were approved or not, which facilitated my work as a planning manager, especially when preparing time claims. I also noticed a decrease in the numbers of RFI's, because many of the interferences were resolved by it and there is no longer a need to send them, which reduced the downtime and positively affected the percentage of work completion.

Pros

An easy-to-use multi-tasking platform that covers all project needs, through which the work team will be able to manage all project documents and keep records that show the status of each of them and whether it has been approved or is still awaiting review by one of the project parties, and its connection to the cloud gives it an additional advantage and helps the work team To continue its work remotely...

Cons

Not much, as when adding a new member to the work team, he needs days of training to master the use, add to that the way to customize some models and tools to suit the needs of the project. However, Procore's benefits for managing projects, particularly building projects, outweigh any shortcomings, and mastering the platform's functionality will offer you the freedom to complete all of your activities on it quickly and efficiently.

An Architect's Perspective

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

Pros

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

Cons

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And...

Best Construction Software on the market

Procore is my favorite software to use in construction. It eliminates the need for many other systems that help organize and process submittals and RFI's. It is user friendly on for the GC, subcontractor, owner, architect and engineer.

Pros

Procore does it all! Submittals, RFI's, Schedules, Commitments, Change orders. I highly recommend all construction trades use this for ease on their projects. This software does the work of many softwares and eliminates the need for multiple emails.

Cons

They need to work on integrating existing accounting software's. Many contractors using this system are also using their own accounting system so it is dual entry.

Procore Year End Review

Emails generated by Procore seem to get ignored more often than not and I believe this is due to their generic nature. For instance, if I am a subcontractor sitting at my computer and I get a Procore notification (or dozens), I don't know if its a submittal request, an invitation to bid, or an update to the drawings. And if i'm getting dozens of these notifications each day, it becomes difficult to prioritize. I've noticed that subcontractors are much more willing to respond to a personal email than to a Procore email. It would be helpful if a Procore notification could more closely resemble a regular email. Who it's from, the subject, short and sweet.

Pros

Procore's construction management tools are both easy to use and functional. Some of the best features that come to mind are the Drawing tool's ability to keep track of current drawings while still being able to review superseded drawings, the Submittal tool's ability to assign submittals to subcontractors so that they know exactly what is required and when it is expected by, and the Punchlist tool's ability to simplify the tracking process and even pinpoint each item to a specific location on the drawings.

Cons

All construction companies have a different way of doing things but Procore, in a way, forces everything to be done a certain way. If you try and tweak things to mimic your company's way of doing things, it may break some of the automated functionality within the software which may cause a lack of continuity and create the potential for user error. Also, some of the tools could use some major improvements....

Comprehensive Project Management System

I have worked in residential home construction, single & multifamily construction, multifamily affordable housing, mixed use, and commercial construction projects. I have worked on projects ranging from less than 1K to over 16M. Procore is outstanding for all but small single-family residential projects...I could make Procore work like a charm for this type of construction, but it would take some creativity.

Pros

• Daily Logs are easily completed and sent to the appropriate parties. This means they actually get done which means they are more accurate. Adding photos to the logs is very easy as well. • Procore allows you to put links to photos on your drawing set. This is especially helpful when we send out bid packages...bidders can see more details and existing conditions for our commercial remodeling projects. • If...

Cons

• I'd like to see the ability to more with the mark-up tool. Features that are available on simple take-off software would be nice. Something as simple as being able to place a color-coded dot would be helpful. • When adding people to the directory, it would be nice if when you forget to complete one of the required fields and hit SAVE...rather than delete everything because you forgot that one step...it'd be nice to just give you a message asking you to "please enter missing information". • The way is now, seems rather punitive, but I'm sure they will change it. • I'd like to see other types of scheduling options become compatible with Procore. I do use MS Project, but not everyone does. Project is rather pricey and would be another software product to learn.

I am a construction project manager for a multi-family construction general contractor.

It saves time, collects a ton of data into one place, and there are no limits on size.

Pros

I have used the software previously as a subcontractor and now working for a general contractor. Procore keeps all necessary construction documentation in one, easy to access place with no space restrictions. It can be utilized offline for those out of the way projects. Once the system is understood and practiced, it is quite useful. Sometimes my office is 500+ miles away from the jobsite. I...

Cons

While Procore is a great system, it is a complicated system and takes some time and training to adopt and master. Like any other program, Procore can only be as good as the data and information uploaded. I find it most difficult to get architects and engineers on board initially. Once on board, most of them question why they were so reluctant, but it is almost always a process. Subcontractors are very similar, although many of our subcontractors still fax over using email.

Procore saved us from cobbled together Excel spreadsheets and poorly implemented SharePoint sites

Better clarity into the activities, documentation and critical information associated with our project, which number in the hundreds. Procore allows us to easily collaborate with our employees, outside members, other consultants, our clients, etc. Perhaps most importantly, Procore enables us to better serve our clients by keeping critical project information together in a trusted system. It has even enabled us to compete with much larger firms by showcasing the quality of work product produced from within Procore.

Pros

As an Agile-led development team, Procore is constantly improving their product through extensive analytics and actual customer feedback. This is a process I've witnessed first hand. In terms of the product, Procore integrates all the key tools needed for managing projects in the built environment. In addition, the product helps reinforce best practices in construction project management, which coming from a forensic expert, that's definitely a good thing when it comes to proactively managing risk. If more companies simply relied on tools like Procore for managing their projects, there would be a measurable decrease in claims, disputes and litigation.

Cons

Despite extensive multimedia training materials, Procore remains a very difficult tool for onboarding new employees. In addition, the Procore marketing materials didn't set proper expectations for the overhead required to implement Procore company-wide. Additionally, Procore has made the decision to really focus their tools and the language used for describing those tools on very specific roles - primarily general contractors, at-risk CMs with trade contractors and engineers occupying the second tier or class of clients. For agency CMs, architects, other consultants, etc., use of the product is somewhat different from how the documentation describes it.

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been...

Pros

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

Cons

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same...

Great Program Overall; however, a few features and processes that need fixing

Procore overall is an excellent program. Their cloud-based platform works really well for compiling large amounts of data among many users. Store and share essentially unlimited job-site photos. Upload the project drawings and enable great team collaboration with their drawing editing tools; such as, linking RFIs to a section of the drawing, or highlighting a specific detail to ask the team about later....

Pros

> Unlimited storage for your project photos, documents, drawings, etc... > Easy to use, free mobile app (Android & iOS) > Everything is archived and stored in an organized manner, it's like having your entire project in a cloud-based filing cabinet > The project / company directory tool is really great and well organized, you can also easily download a contact's business card for upload into Microsoft Outlook > The daily log tool is excellent for the superintendent to record all day-to-day activities on the job-site. A report can be produced looking at all daily logs throughout the project. A great asset to have in the occurrence of a dispute.

Cons

> The built-in scheduling tool is cumbersome and sub-par. It's better just to run project scheduling out of different software all-together (I.E. Microsoft Project or Primavera). However, Procore does allow for you to upload your MS Project or Primavera files, this is very handy. > You cannot create sub-folders within the Photos tool. Just one folder per location / subject to store all of the photos...

Just one of the many project management software available

First let me start by saying that I've used Sage CRE 300 project management, Submittal Exchange, and Newforma Project Cloud. They each have their benefits. I pushed for Procore because it was an all inclusive product. We use one of the other programs as well as eNTERFACE (for Daily Reports), PlanGrid (for drawings), ShareFile (for sharing documents), Outlook, AIA Contract Documents, DocuSign (for e-signatures)...

Pros

1. Comprehensive package. Allows for integration with out accounting, but we haven't opted to go that route yet. Can eliminate many of the other programs we use, but not all. 2. Can limit user access, so I can give everyone access to just what they need. 3. Lots of online training available and assistance from the very start. 4. Fairly easy to use once you know what you are doing. 5. Accessible from any internet-accessible device. 6. Constantly talking about improvement. I haven't been through a major upgrade yet, but they seem to take into account what the contractor needs.

Cons

1. Modules aren't consistent. For example, submittals allow me to edit on behalf of someone. RFIs do not. I've seen this in other products where one tab or module works one way and the other tab is set up different. I expected more consistency between the modules, submittals and RFIs especially. 2. No separate module for ASIs. They can be linked to drawings and markups, but there's no ASI log that...

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Pros

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me...

Cons

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Multi-tasking platform that includes everything related to contracting projects

The Procore system used by our organization is the basis for integration between all departments and all projects. Where he worked to make engineers of all disciplines, subcontractors and sellers on the same page thanks to this method of communication, which enabled us to follow up everything related to the projects that we are working on supervising and allowed us to complete them within the specified budget and according to the required quality and safety standards.

Pros

Procore is an inspiring, multi-tasking platform that includes everything related to contracting projects. Procore enables you to have everything in one place, such as invoices, contracts, material requests, and drawings. Procore is cloud-based and compatible with smartphones, tablets, and computers. You can perform a variety of import operations from a wide range of applications, which prevents repeating...

Cons

After completing the training and knowing the correct use of all the tools in Procore, there will be no complicated or dislike matters, as you will find it very easy to use.

Procore Review 04/07/2015

Pros

Field coordination when your firm isn't on the levels of remote servers. Our site trailers don't have access to our server aside from a cruddy desktop remote log in. A good number of our sites we've only got a super with a laptop, maybe even just a cellphone or tablet on the tiny ones. This allows us to do our documentation in the office and we have all those records in proper order and a single place when out in the field. No more dependence on supers to create their own folder structure for that documentation. The vendor is usually pretty attentive and able to assist.

Cons

Product is still being built. It is a huge tool that is always expanding. Has more than you think you need sometimes, but sometimes you find something you need and it cannot help you with. Drawing tool can't support multiple sets (e.g. multiple building projects), Documents tool doesn't have the markups you see in other tools within Procore (like drawings), many things with the bidding tool, etc. Least favorite about the vendor is when they've so many things on the road map, it's impossible to know exactly when, or if, some features will be implemented. Whether they are very simple, or complex. Getting increasingly harder to submit ideas for improvement as well. Seems to have changed from the post idea and vote ideas system. Or maybe something was just rearranged in a less clear manner.

Easy to Use

We noticed an immediate difference in the efficiency and productivity of our company. Easier communication between our field and office staff.

Pros

Customer Service is a dream - I love being able to connect quickly and chat with a rep immediately.

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of changes that seem very small, but make a big difference in our daily work flow. I don't mind the changes, as that means procore is constantly upgrading their software. I do wish they informed us better about those changes.