Procore Reviews

Pros

Many great features but the best feature by far is its ability to organize drawings. Additionally the RFI, RFQ, and Change Event features are all great.

Paul M.

Brilliant, they really seem to focus on customer care as it was always helpful and there straight away.

Robert M.

Was very kind, honest, and helpful when giving us information and even other options outside of Procore to help suit our needs. Easy to access and navigate.

Andrew A.

Cons

The preconstruction bidding tool is horrible and the development team is more concerned with increasing their market share than fixing problems with the tool.

Jason C.

Awful - horrible program that you cant even stop the stupid emails even after you tell them you want nothing to do with their program any longer. I would pay to get rid of this program.

Brenda S.

The interface is bad for GC’s, but horrendous for subcontractors.

Jason C.

1,427

2,429 reviews

Procore

Transcript

Valeria B.: Hi. My name is Valeria. I'm an administrative assistant for an HVAC company, and I give Procore...

Excellent full-on project management software

This is a package aimed at construction professionals and provides a thorough means of managing multiple projects across multiple people and teams including architects, designers, and subcontractors. It is a significant investment not a simple free app, and needs to be approached as such. The implementation is pretty straightforward and the customer support excellent.here remain some annoying features, but the support team are responsive and it is clear that significant investment if still being made into improving the software.

Pros

Much better than the competition at managing a range of projects across the things you need in construction - RFI,s , punch/snag list (we use this for internal "to do" items) and critically the main contract variations- this is a bit clunky but REALLY effective when you get the hang of it - meetings recording is again a trifle clunky but very effective so I forgive it For the first time in 15 years I have proper oversight across all projects (typically around 40-60) and can manage the progress of each from my iPad wherever I am. Site logging app very powerful Clients love the visibility Document handling with version control is brilliant

Cons

The only really annoying feature is that the company level information (ie visibility across projects, personal "open items" lists and financials) is only available on the browser version not the app. The directory and permissions systems are well intentioned but actually you have to subvert them a bit as to do anything useful people really need full admin rights (even to add a contact to a directory-...

An Architect's Perspective

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

Pros

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

Cons

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And...

To go app for contractor & sub

Pros

Detailed breakdown specification for submittal log Easy documents upload/download/manage between teams/parties

Cons

Need opt out option for unwanted distribution list

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Pros

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

Cons

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team...

We love Procore

Procore is truly helping our interaction from office to field- it helps us to stay on top of drawings, distributions, etc and not skip a beat from getting it out of one persons hands and into the next. It is interactive and allows us to share pertinent details with appropriate people, and keep it all in one spot.

Pros

We love the ability to work WITH our subs on our project management software, instead of it being an in-house only product.

Cons

There are a LOT of working points and a lot of tiny steps that are required to make certain workflows function properly. Once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze but getting there can be tough.

Best Construction Software on the market

Procore is my favorite software to use in construction. It eliminates the need for many other systems that help organize and process submittals and RFI's. It is user friendly on for the GC, subcontractor, owner, architect and engineer.

Pros

Procore does it all! Submittals, RFI's, Schedules, Commitments, Change orders. I highly recommend all construction trades use this for ease on their projects. This software does the work of many softwares and eliminates the need for multiple emails.

Cons

They need to work on integrating existing accounting software's. Many contractors using this system are also using their own accounting system so it is dual entry.

Procore with SAGE 300 ERP integration

The cost has been high, but overall the product is serving us well and they continue to work to improve the software. They seem to care about what things need to be fixed to improve the software and will allow beta groups of exiting customers. We have had a positive experience.

Pros

Procore was able to integrate with our accounting software (SAGE 300) to help reduce duplicate entry. Procore has a very good user interface and has been adopted well including in the field. Procore continues to improve the software and integrations to increase the value and usability.

Cons

The cost is higher than we would like. Some of the tools are not fully connected to SAGE yet, so the features are not quite as useful. For example subcontractor invoicing is still being connected.

Continual Improvement

Overall, the program makes my life easier in the construction field. And they are always improving. Just this week they reached out to me to help them improve the scheduling tab. They are always reaching out to us end users to make sure they are keeping up with us and our demands.

Pros

It brings all the components for construction into one place. It is mobile and easy to use. And searching for information is easy. It even looks into documents to find key wording.

Cons

In areas where you have minimal internet service. It creates a hindrance. The Drawing tab and schedule tab need work. I wish they could incorporate Bluebeam Revu with the drawings.

Project management software

So far the software has been a good way for our company to improve our project management processes and become more efficient overall.

Pros

Good initial onboarding and training from the company. This was very helpful so IT did not have to train. Easy to administrate. We were able to train a user to help facilitate some of the admin responsibility. Drawings are easy to edit and file storage is helpful. Project flow is great and has been helpful.

Cons

It is not easy to integrate with other platforms and requires assistance from the company. They should make that an easier process. Phone app is good but has room for improvement.

Project History

Tracking all drawing rev's; tracking all change events (whether resulting in an adjustment to budget or schedule or not).

Pros

Procore provides a complete project history, from start to finish, including all revisions to drawings, parties receiving information, etc. No project data is ever lost or discarded.

Cons

Do not have the ability to create a duplicate transmittal, would be extremely useful when submitting documentation.

Procore Year End Review

Emails generated by Procore seem to get ignored more often than not and I believe this is due to their generic nature. For instance, if I am a subcontractor sitting at my computer and I get a Procore notification (or dozens), I don't know if its a submittal request, an invitation to bid, or an update to the drawings. And if i'm getting dozens of these notifications each day, it becomes difficult to prioritize. I've noticed that subcontractors are much more willing to respond to a personal email than to a Procore email. It would be helpful if a Procore notification could more closely resemble a regular email. Who it's from, the subject, short and sweet.

Pros

Procore's construction management tools are both easy to use and functional. Some of the best features that come to mind are the Drawing tool's ability to keep track of current drawings while still being able to review superseded drawings, the Submittal tool's ability to assign submittals to subcontractors so that they know exactly what is required and when it is expected by, and the Punchlist tool's ability to simplify the tracking process and even pinpoint each item to a specific location on the drawings.

Cons

All construction companies have a different way of doing things but Procore, in a way, forces everything to be done a certain way. If you try and tweak things to mimic your company's way of doing things, it may break some of the automated functionality within the software which may cause a lack of continuity and create the potential for user error. Also, some of the tools could use some major improvements....

Comprehensive Project Management System

I have worked in residential home construction, single & multifamily construction, multifamily affordable housing, mixed use, and commercial construction projects. I have worked on projects ranging from less than 1K to over 16M. Procore is outstanding for all but small single-family residential projects...I could make Procore work like a charm for this type of construction, but it would take some creativity.

Pros

• Daily Logs are easily completed and sent to the appropriate parties. This means they actually get done which means they are more accurate. Adding photos to the logs is very easy as well. • Procore allows you to put links to photos on your drawing set. This is especially helpful when we send out bid packages...bidders can see more details and existing conditions for our commercial remodeling projects. • If...

Cons

• I'd like to see the ability to more with the mark-up tool. Features that are available on simple take-off software would be nice. Something as simple as being able to place a color-coded dot would be helpful. • When adding people to the directory, it would be nice if when you forget to complete one of the required fields and hit SAVE...rather than delete everything because you forgot that one step...it'd be nice to just give you a message asking you to "please enter missing information". • The way is now, seems rather punitive, but I'm sure they will change it. • I'd like to see other types of scheduling options become compatible with Procore. I do use MS Project, but not everyone does. Project is rather pricey and would be another software product to learn.

I am a construction project manager for a multi-family construction general contractor.

It saves time, collects a ton of data into one place, and there are no limits on size.

Pros

I have used the software previously as a subcontractor and now working for a general contractor. Procore keeps all necessary construction documentation in one, easy to access place with no space restrictions. It can be utilized offline for those out of the way projects. Once the system is understood and practiced, it is quite useful. Sometimes my office is 500+ miles away from the jobsite. I...

Cons

While Procore is a great system, it is a complicated system and takes some time and training to adopt and master. Like any other program, Procore can only be as good as the data and information uploaded. I find it most difficult to get architects and engineers on board initially. Once on board, most of them question why they were so reluctant, but it is almost always a process. Subcontractors are very similar, although many of our subcontractors still fax over using email.

Procore saved us from cobbled together Excel spreadsheets and poorly implemented SharePoint sites

Better clarity into the activities, documentation and critical information associated with our project, which number in the hundreds. Procore allows us to easily collaborate with our employees, outside members, other consultants, our clients, etc. Perhaps most importantly, Procore enables us to better serve our clients by keeping critical project information together in a trusted system. It has even enabled us to compete with much larger firms by showcasing the quality of work product produced from within Procore.

Pros

As an Agile-led development team, Procore is constantly improving their product through extensive analytics and actual customer feedback. This is a process I've witnessed first hand. In terms of the product, Procore integrates all the key tools needed for managing projects in the built environment. In addition, the product helps reinforce best practices in construction project management, which coming from a forensic expert, that's definitely a good thing when it comes to proactively managing risk. If more companies simply relied on tools like Procore for managing their projects, there would be a measurable decrease in claims, disputes and litigation.

Cons

Despite extensive multimedia training materials, Procore remains a very difficult tool for onboarding new employees. In addition, the Procore marketing materials didn't set proper expectations for the overhead required to implement Procore company-wide. Additionally, Procore has made the decision to really focus their tools and the language used for describing those tools on very specific roles - primarily general contractors, at-risk CMs with trade contractors and engineers occupying the second tier or class of clients. For agency CMs, architects, other consultants, etc., use of the product is somewhat different from how the documentation describes it.

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been...

Pros

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

Cons

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same...

Great Program Overall; however, a few features and processes that need fixing

Procore overall is an excellent program. Their cloud-based platform works really well for compiling large amounts of data among many users. Store and share essentially unlimited job-site photos. Upload the project drawings and enable great team collaboration with their drawing editing tools; such as, linking RFIs to a section of the drawing, or highlighting a specific detail to ask the team about later....

Pros

> Unlimited storage for your project photos, documents, drawings, etc... > Easy to use, free mobile app (Android & iOS) > Everything is archived and stored in an organized manner, it's like having your entire project in a cloud-based filing cabinet > The project / company directory tool is really great and well organized, you can also easily download a contact's business card for upload into Microsoft Outlook > The daily log tool is excellent for the superintendent to record all day-to-day activities on the job-site. A report can be produced looking at all daily logs throughout the project. A great asset to have in the occurrence of a dispute.

Cons

> The built-in scheduling tool is cumbersome and sub-par. It's better just to run project scheduling out of different software all-together (I.E. Microsoft Project or Primavera). However, Procore does allow for you to upload your MS Project or Primavera files, this is very handy. > You cannot create sub-folders within the Photos tool. Just one folder per location / subject to store all of the photos...

Just one of the many project management software available

First let me start by saying that I've used Sage CRE 300 project management, Submittal Exchange, and Newforma Project Cloud. They each have their benefits. I pushed for Procore because it was an all inclusive product. We use one of the other programs as well as eNTERFACE (for Daily Reports), PlanGrid (for drawings), ShareFile (for sharing documents), Outlook, AIA Contract Documents, DocuSign (for e-signatures)...

Pros

1. Comprehensive package. Allows for integration with out accounting, but we haven't opted to go that route yet. Can eliminate many of the other programs we use, but not all. 2. Can limit user access, so I can give everyone access to just what they need. 3. Lots of online training available and assistance from the very start. 4. Fairly easy to use once you know what you are doing. 5. Accessible from any internet-accessible device. 6. Constantly talking about improvement. I haven't been through a major upgrade yet, but they seem to take into account what the contractor needs.

Cons

1. Modules aren't consistent. For example, submittals allow me to edit on behalf of someone. RFIs do not. I've seen this in other products where one tab or module works one way and the other tab is set up different. I expected more consistency between the modules, submittals and RFIs especially. 2. No separate module for ASIs. They can be linked to drawings and markups, but there's no ASI log that...

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Pros

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me...

Cons

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Procore Review 04/07/2015

Pros

Field coordination when your firm isn't on the levels of remote servers. Our site trailers don't have access to our server aside from a cruddy desktop remote log in. A good number of our sites we've only got a super with a laptop, maybe even just a cellphone or tablet on the tiny ones. This allows us to do our documentation in the office and we have all those records in proper order and a single place when out in the field. No more dependence on supers to create their own folder structure for that documentation. The vendor is usually pretty attentive and able to assist.

Cons

Product is still being built. It is a huge tool that is always expanding. Has more than you think you need sometimes, but sometimes you find something you need and it cannot help you with. Drawing tool can't support multiple sets (e.g. multiple building projects), Documents tool doesn't have the markups you see in other tools within Procore (like drawings), many things with the bidding tool, etc. Least favorite about the vendor is when they've so many things on the road map, it's impossible to know exactly when, or if, some features will be implemented. Whether they are very simple, or complex. Getting increasingly harder to submit ideas for improvement as well. Seems to have changed from the post idea and vote ideas system. Or maybe something was just rearranged in a less clear manner.

Easy to Use

We noticed an immediate difference in the efficiency and productivity of our company. Easier communication between our field and office staff.

Pros

Customer Service is a dream - I love being able to connect quickly and chat with a rep immediately.

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of changes that seem very small, but make a big difference in our daily work flow. I don't mind the changes, as that means procore is constantly upgrading their software. I do wish they informed us better about those changes.

Powerful tool in the palm of your hand

The most powerful parts of the software are accessible on the mobile apps. Using mobile apps to populate Daily Logs as you go and access critical documents or make redlines is a huge time saver for the Field Staff. Where before they would take hand notes and spend time (sometimes hours) at the end or start of each shift, inputting the info collected from the previous shift; now they do that work as they go with little to no disruption to the flow of their day. Gaining back this lost time provides a better work-life balance for Field Staff and more accurate and timely reporting for Project Teams to rely on.

Pros

Features of other mobile construction management software all rolled into one. Replaces Timberline, BlueBeam, Doc-u-Sign, excel spreadsheets, and file sharing services like box... but if you like the features of some of those programs, it also links to them with modules. So now your document control between cloud based services like Egnyte and ProCore's document folders can be linked so that documents appear and are accessible/editable, from both platforms and double duty of making two systems match is eliminated.

Cons

I honestly can't find a con with this program... sometimes the level of access you have to make changes that require admin level access are not accessible on the mobile app versions of the software. I wish I could add to drop down lists on the fly without having to go to the web-based version of the software.

ProCore has revolutionized our ability to manage projects across the United States.

I am not sure if this is taking place yet, but universities and trade schools that offer construction management degrees and certifications should absolutely be introducing project management software as part of the curriculum.

Pros

Cloud-based. Great customer support. Willing to do the work and research it takes to develop the tools needed in the field.

Cons

There is soooo much to learn. There is a rather long learning curve, if you've never used programs like this. The thing that would be most helpful to me is if there were not just a video, but an interactive tutorial for the tools procore offers. It would be much easier to learn them if we had to "practice" using them without the risk of screwing up our project or making a bunch of entries that we...

Hub of Information

Procore allows all levels of production to access information in one place. Our AP people can also access certain information. We can also set permissions for our Architects/Engineers, subcontractors, and third party inspectors to view project plans, specifications, documents, pictures, reports, and schedules.

Pros

Everything can be in one place. The ease of access to files, and large files, is great and increases our productivity. The apps for my phone and ipad help me to access plans on walk-throughs without packing the entire set of plans. My field personnel can upload pictures and daily reports that I can access at any time to answer questions from our executives. With my laptop I can access anything in the system as an admin.

Cons

The size of the app on my ipad and iphone is huge. The worst problem I have is with subcontractors setting up their own profile and learning to navigate the system. Once subcontractors learn what is possible and how little effort is involved, they typically love it, but getting over that hump is difficult.

Intuitive and Powerful !

We have been using Procore for over two years, to manage small renovation projects for multiple university projects. We typically have 30 active projects running concurrently, in all phases of construction. With multiple clients (departments), designers, subcontractors, and vendors, it was important to have a construction information management system that was easy to learn and use for many people, without having to pay a seat license for each user. We don't use all of the modules, but the drawing management, submittal, and RFI modules are real time savers. We have also found that Procore makes it very easy to extract and archive project data upon completion of a job.

Pros

Very intuitive interface, plus exceptional tech support via "chat." Very good mobile app allows the architect to answer RFIs right from a cell phone, as easy as responding to an email. This helps gets questions answered quickly. Also, easy to keep up to speed on multiple projects concurrently with dashboards. The automatic e-mail reminders on overdue items help keep the entire team on track.

Cons

The meeting minutes tool is not as intuitive as the rest of the modules, and takes a bit of practice to get used to. Very good documentation once you get through the learning curve.

Robust Construction Project Management Platform

After reviewing and using the trial, I was incredibly impressed with the features that Procore has to offer. In my opinion, Procore would be an incredible asset to large general contractors. The features and detail they have put into this software is intuitive, functional, and accurate. Because it was built for large organizations, the pricing and features may not be a good fit for small contractors...

Pros

Its incredibly robust and packed with features that general contractors absolutely need, along with features that some may have never thought of utilizing. If your organization is looking to expand and go digital, while still maintaining a grip on your assets, employees, and projects, then you need to look into Procore.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, just an uncontrollable inconvenience. There are companies that are large and very successful who can afford Procore and there are companies who are smaller and can not afford Procore. Also, customer service in my opinion is good, but could be much better. It seems that they expanded very quickly and are trying organize a suitable customer service system. Again, not a bad thing, but it can definitely be better.