Acquia DAM (Widen) Logo

Digital asset management with service beyond compare

Acquia DAM (Widen) Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
bynder

I like that Widen is an easy way to find assets. It is helpful for a large company--because everyone knows where to find the assets that they need.
Widen is a terrific tool for our global team. We are able to have 24/7 access to all our assets no matter where we are in the world.
Overall it has become a great tool for our users and the expansion to house storing certain documenttation in one place is great.
Sometimes it gives corrupted error. I wished it could have given the corrupt error while I am uploading files.
My biggest complaint is with my own team because I keep having to reset people's passwords for the site because they forget them.
I think the one thing that I struggle with was the update on how to upload images.

1,001-5,000 employees

Before, I was lost. Now I have found...my assets. Great tool/ great people

Gee, it makes work easier. We have dealers and marketing teams around the world. This makes distributing those assets not a pain in the ass. Also, WAY less questions than before we implemented about 'where is is this asset?' It rules.

Pros

The customer experience team and help desk teams are great and make you feel like a real person instead of a cog in the giant machine of software life. The portals. The PORTALS! Portals rule. They really do. Best way to organize brand stuff.

Cons

I'm waiting for workflow to become even more robust for it to become a Workfront killer. Which I hope that it does.

GR

Gus R.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10,001+ employees

Widen is fast and efficient. It's responsive with search and downloading assets.

Pros

Speed. Since the beginning we've upload thousands of images and added hundreds of users across our company and partners. It has not slowed down with all of the added weight and burden. It's still as snappy and responsive searching for assets in the beginning. Narrowing the search results and downloading images is very quick.

Cons

Support. The support could be better. There has been times, not in a while, when it goes down, just like any cloud service. But it seems the first line of support are the on-site admins. It's a problem when they are not in the office. There's not an easy way to contact support when needed. There should be a chat feature to let them know when we are experiencing outages and get the issues solved.

JA

Jeanne A.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Widen

Pros

Widen is a great receptical to all of our imagery for our products. Downloading images from the portal is easy as well

Cons

Finding documentation seems to be difficult. Not sure if it the actual software or if it is the manner is which our company set it up.

VD

Valerie D.

Widen Collective Review

I would definitely recommend Widen to those familiar with DAM as well as those who are just starting out. The Widen team is also a great group to work with from start to finish and are there for you every step of the way, even for a company like ours that have been using Widen's services for over 7 years now.

Pros

I have been very pleased with using Widen for our DAM tool. Their support team is phenomenal! Anytime I have a question or issue, they respond immediately and are very helpful to get to the bottom of any issue I might be having, or explain a feature I may not be knowledgeable in. Their entire team is always looking for ways to improve the tool based on user feedback and suggestions. It's great to have...

Cons

My only complaint at this time is that the "Send File" feature has been discontinued with the launch of the new interface. I believe our company may have been one of the few groups that used the tool fairly often, and were sad to see the feature go. We hope to be able to find a solution either with Widen or with an outside service in order to send large files directly to another user without having to have the asset 'live' in the DAM tool.

JK

Jason K.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

I am a digital asset manager for my company, which uses Widen.

Many time-saving features in asset searching and sharing both within my organization and externally with customers.

Pros

What I like most about Widen is that they are very open to receiving feedback and improving the software based off of user comments. They host annual events to bring other clients together to share ideas and knowledge of how their users work in the software. All of the Widen staff is available for comments.

Cons

What I like least about Widen is that all of the connectors and API's that help integrate our DAM into other business platforms, such as Salesforce, Sharepoint, CreativeCloud come with an additional annual fee.

KB

Kelsey B.

Sporting Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

The experience has been outstanding! Great customer service and an easy platform to use!

We find the largest benefit for us is elevating our brand presence to our accounts. It really has enhanced how we deliver digital assets around key product launches and other crucial moments for our brand.

Pros

The aspect I like the most about the Widen platform is the portals feature. The ability to customize content around branding just elevates our brand presence and provides us with exactly what we need to best serve our accounts. An easy to navigate and integrated feature such as portals has served us very well.

Cons

The difficulty we have faced most is the metadata issue. Because we offer so many products and styles when uploading it can make the process cumbersome and ultimately we don't utilize the metadata as best we should because we simply don't have the time or manpower to manage it efficiently.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Very good implementation process and easily customizable platform

Pros

Widen has been a great partner to work with on our new Digital Asset Management. The implementation process is very smooth and straightforwards.

Cons

There are restrictions on how much we can customize the dashboard.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Hundreds of very helpful features; enhanced well over the years with great advancement in marketing

Pros

Widen Collective is being used greatly by many individuals in similar roles in our company due to its many features that allow each of us to achieve our tasks with ease. I use this product for the sake of its archiving purposes, project and workflow management accessibility. The possibility to manage minor tasks, access controls and track employee milestones are important jobs I have to do which is made easy by Widen Collective.

Cons

Widen Collective is a broad software with multiple available features, with this is the difficulty to maneuver around this program at a first glance. It may take a few tutoring sessions and practice to be able to perform tasks with this software, especially if you are not that inclined with technology.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Collective

Never had any loading, usability issues at all.

Pros

Integrations with other systems is quick and simple.

Cons

Should reach to more systems and CRM for deeper integration.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Widen is amazing. Going from the DAM we were using before...this is a complete 180

Pros

I love the ease of use and functionality of the software. We have several departments in our company that have struggle to adapt to DAM systems in the past; but they have taken on Widen with ease and have actually enjoyed being able to go in and get what they need without contacting us.

Cons

I wish that we could make collections more searchable for users without having to place the collection on our desktop page.

BM

Barbara M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Widen Collective - a True Leader in the Field!

Our challenge was that duplicate files were everywhere. Our employees had no idea what assets were current or expired - so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing. By purchasing a DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity...

Pros

The DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility. In addition - we love the Portals - which allows us to provide assets to our non users.

Cons

Knowing that a DAM is customized to your company’s needs, I'm not going to lie – implementing a DAM system can be grueling and a lot of work. But that’s the beauty of a DAM – as your company grows, your DAM can also grow and be customized to reflect changes and future needs.

JD

Jennifer D.

Computer Hardware, 10,001+ employees

Amazing product and customer service

Ease of use is a big factor for us and being able to modify the DAM as needed makes it a program we can use and adapt to the different business units at NVIDIA. The customer service with Widen is a big help whenever I have questions or issues.

Pros

The product is easy to use and modify as needed. There are always new updates to the features which makes it even easier to use for my users.

Cons

The AEM Integration does not work as it should. This was a big sell for us since our website is hosted by AEM and now we can't integrate the two without AEM working properly with Widen.

RC

Richard C.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Widen is a company that delivers a great product with great customer service

We store digital assets on the system for company wide collaboration, we also started using the Media Collective as a web host for external forward facing websites. Widen makes it easy for us to accomplish these tasks as painlessly as possible.

Pros

The Media Collective software is easy to use and is easy to configure. If you need some help there is an extensive online help library full of things which can help you, but if you need to talk to someone directly you can web chat, email or call. The help associates are always very friendly and will work with you to understand and fix the issues that you're having.

Cons

I guess I don't like the fact that it's not free? I had to put something in this space. If it was free it would definitely be better however that's probably not a sustainable scenario for Widen.

JN

Jen N.

Widen is intuitive, easy-to-use and makes organizing digital assets a breeze!

Pros

Beauty and brains - the dashboard is legit! You can personalize it to your needs, it's visually appealing without the clutter. The activity feed and the spotlight collection is useful for me and the other admins. Love the idea of the brand portals and can't wait until we can implement and launch it.

Cons

As an admin, I'd like to see asset thumbnails in the uploads and downloads tab instead of filenames. Also, the asset versions isn't as easy to use. If we have 3 versions of an asset, I'd love it if when you click on the asset, you can tile the assets to determine which one to download. Currently, you have a "switch version" button that gets lost in the details. Lastly, the batch edit tool sometimes doesn't apply to all assets in the batch.

DB

Deana B.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent software

Our agency works with many clients, but only my client uses Widen Collective. I am the envy of the creative team since I can easily find any image I need.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I can easily see the newest items that have been added to the collective. The search tool also works really well for finding specific items.

Cons

The most challenging part of using this software is that apparently the administrator that adds items to the collective is not required to add all the meta tags that would help users find what they need easily. I don't think it's a fail on the part of the software but maybe if adding all meta tags were required it would make searching easier.

RH

Rachael H.

Consumer Electronics, 201-500 employees

Must Have Marketing Tool

We are able to quickly and easily share digital assets with customers, coworkers, etc. all in one spot. We no longer have to search through a messy drive to find product images, marketing materials and more.

Pros

Widen staff was there to help us every step of the way and the overall functionality of our site is top notch because of it. My team is able to quickly find marketing materials with just a few clicks, saving us time and money.

Cons

There really isn't a single thing that I truly dislike about the site, but it would be ideal to be able to view brochures and catalogs as e-catalogs on Widen.

RY

Rob Y.

Widen is what our department needed

I'm part of a small, internal corporate video team. We have presenters around the world who often need access to some of our video assets on short notice. They used to have to contact us, and we would have to drop what we were doing to send a file to them. Now they can just log on to Widen and easily find what they need. Quick note about what kind of company this is: A few weeks after we first...

TC

Tracey C.

Excellent! The application is SO easy to use :)

Pros

Everything about this product is easy! We initially chose the software after closely reviewing more than 7 different solutions. Widen accommodates all of our needs where others came up short. Ultimately the deciding point came down to the out-of-the-box video streaming feature, this is what makes Widen different. The Widen team has the roll-out process down to a science. They worked with us to define a solid taxonomy which paved the way for an easy initial asset upload. Training and the on-boarding process was seamless. The application is easy to use but, when in doubt, they have a fully loaded training library (Widen University) which has video tutorials and easy to find articles. We are very pleased with Widen and would definitely choose it again!

JR

Jennifer R.

Machinery, 10,001+ employees

Widen Collective Digital Asset Management Platform for Large Corporations

Our company has used this platform for several years now and it's been increasingly important in our marketing communications strategy as we move from print to digital. The more I learn about the tool the most impressed I am, and there is always something new to learn because they not only keep pace with the latest technology -- they actually stay ahead. There is no need to build costly new platforms from scratch, we just need to rely on the experts at Widen, learn from them and deploy. Great value for anyone who is serious about digital marketing.

Pros

Easy to use and getting easier every day..

Cons

So much to learn and so little time!

JC

Jessica C.

Widen Makes My Job Easier

Pros

In a business where we are writing proposals for nine regions across the midwest and southeast, it's so nice to have all of our assets- photos, logos, project information- all in one place. The DAM makes it easy to find our assets and share the content with our teams across the country. Winning work is much easier thanks to the Widen DAM!

Cons

The only downside to this software comes from me not being here upon it's inception. Therefore, some of the conventions are not as intuitive as they could be. Also, many outdated files clog up our DAM...we are in major need of an overhaul.

JR

Jen R.

Widen has been great software to catalog our images and b-roll.

Pros

Sending and finding images has never been easier. Customer service is amazing and helped me tremendously when setting up my companies DAM.

Cons

We have a different use case than most because most of the time we are sending media outside of our organization. Widen collects emails when items are downloaded, but we are not able to get the data. I know they are working on this and we look forward to this update.

MS

Michelle S.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

DAM Great Product and The BEST Tech TEAM!

The tech team is THE BEST!!!

Pros

It is a great tool for finding all of our products in one place, easily!

Cons

honestly, cannot say yet and I have been using it for almost 2years

Michelle, thank you for taking the time to review Acquia DAM (Widen)! We are so glad you're having a great experience and are finding our customer support team helpful.

NZ

Ninel Z.

Very User Friendly. Easy to upload and download files.

Pros

I can upload my file and make sure that they are stored in a place that I can have access from anywhere that I want. I can upload files from past. I can search for files and see examples of what has been done years ago.

PJ

Paula Janine C.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Widen is Amazing and a Must!

I've worked with a lot of media databases, and nothing compares to Widen. It's so easy to use, navigate and more than that, support is great. If there are any bugs, a representative would get back to me within 24 hours. They are also open to exploring ideas and working with us to make Widen better for our organization. 5/5 in all aspects!

Pros

Ease of use and navigation, customer support

KH

Kerry H.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Exceptional Customer Service. Constantly updating and innovating.

This was our first experience with a digital asset management platform. The expertise of the Widen team was invaluable throughout the entire process. Their support and professionalism continues today (some 1+ years later). The system offers a great user experience which ensures adoption of the system throughout our organization. It has changed the way we manage our digital assets - for the better.

Pros

Superior product, ongoing road map for enhancements and platform improvements, cost-effective, great training and customer support