Widen Collective Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend9.05/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like that Widen is an easy way to find assets. It is helpful for a large company--because everyone knows where to find the assets that they need.

JJ

Jenna J.

It's works great, the API documentation is good and Widen has given excellent support on it.

JW

Jake W.

KG

Kristin G.

Sometimes it gives corrupted error. I wished it could have given the corrupt error while I am uploading files.

NZ

Ninel Z.

My biggest complaint is with my own team because I keep having to reset people's passwords for the site because they forget them.

Tyler M.

I think the one thing that I struggle with was the update on how to upload images.

KH

Box

Microsoft SharePoint-logocaret
listing-logo

Microsoft SharePoint

How would you rate Widen Collective?

Widen has been great software to catalog our images and b-roll.

Pros

Sending and finding images has never been easier. Customer service is amazing and helped me tremendously when setting up my companies DAM.

Cons

We have a different use case than most because most of the time we are sending media outside of our organization. Widen collects emails when items are downloaded, but we are not able to get the data. I know they are working on this and we look forward to this update.

Hundreds of very helpful features; enhanced well over the years with great advancement in marketing

Pros

Widen Collective is being used greatly by many individuals in similar roles in our company due to its many features that allow each of us to achieve our tasks with ease. I use this product for the sake of its archiving purposes, project and workflow management accessibility. The possibility to manage minor tasks, access controls and track employee milestones are important jobs I have to do which is made easy by Widen Collective.

Cons

Widen Collective is a broad software with multiple available features, with this is the difficulty to maneuver around this program at a first glance. It may take a few tutoring sessions and practice to be able to perform tasks with this software, especially if you are not that inclined with technology.

Widen DAM Review

I love the ability to weigh in on roadmap projects. Widen really takes the time to listen to their clients

Pros

Easy to use. Secure. Excellent support and development teams. Flexibility of features

Cons

I could really use the ability to link raw assets with compound documents. This is currently a manual process and time consuming.

Impressive DAM with great customer support

Implementation with Widen was so smooth and the Widen team was knowledgeable and helpful. They broke down the implementation process into manageable steps and answered all questions we had in a timely manner. Our users find it so much more user-friendly than our old DAM!

Pros

We love portals! We may be even using them more than intended - we find that portals are the most user-friendly way to surface the right assets to our users!

Cons

We do have some features that we'd like improved or added, but Widen is all about customer feedback, so I feel heard when I make new feature requests.

Always willing to cater the software to your needs

Insights, ease of finding assets, ease of transferring files, ease of distributing information.

Pros

Easy to use and customizable. Very rarely goes down and is always reliable. Easy to teach people how to use

Cons

The only thing I do not like about the software is how hard it is to figure out what the most important insights are. I love that we have all the information but I would like to understand it better

Highly positive experience, with ease of use and great customer service!

We learned more about DAM management and learned to love it!

Pros

It's so easy and intuitive to use. The metadata search boxes on the side help narrow and refine the search. And the customer service can't be beat!

Cons

I don't like how the collections can't be edited between users. We have had to figure out a workaround to be able to share and edit the same collections.

Very User Friendly. Easy to upload and download files.

Pros

I can upload my file and make sure that they are stored in a place that I can have access from anywhere that I want. I can upload files from past. I can search for files and see examples of what has been done years ago.

Solid Software with Helpful Features

Pros

Being able to choose multiple files to download and to see the files you've selected.

Cons

Occasionally not being able to download an alternate file type from the original version of the file. For example, sometimes it won't download a 1000x1000 jpg of a file that was originally uploaded as a PSD.

Widen Collective is the best DAM tool we have used.

Pros

The user interface is so simply we can add new users quickly and easily and they can find assets with a minimal amount of training.

Cons

Some of the role permissions arent explained ver well. There were a few settings we needed to have turned on in order for users to be able to use the system effectively.

Widen is Amazing and a Must!

I've worked with a lot of media databases, and nothing compares to Widen. It's so easy to use, navigate and more than that, support is great. If there are any bugs, a representative would get back to me within 24 hours. They are also open to exploring ideas and working with us to make Widen better for our organization. 5/5 in all aspects!

Pros

Ease of use and navigation, customer support

Cons

The company was the best and remains the best because they deliver a quality product

Pros

Customer service is personal. People ask and care about your user experience and guide you from start to your entire use of the tool.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad. But what I like least is that collections appear in categories. This only is problematic when batch editing. But it can be filtered.

Extremely easy to find what do you want in seconds.

Before I use this tool, I used to waste a lot of time to find the right asset. This tool improved a lot my productivity

Pros

You can find whatever you want in seconds, also you can filter as much as you need and the best thing that I love is the option to create your own collection. This function is so helpful!! Another point is the possibility to share the files to everyone through the link, it helps a lot!

Cons

I miss, on the file type filter, the option to filter by GIF. and by file extension. It'll be incredibly helpful for my job. As I work with Paid Social Campaigns, I use a lot this kind of file.

Exceptional Customer Service. Constantly updating and innovating.

This was our first experience with a digital asset management platform. The expertise of the Widen team was invaluable throughout the entire process. Their support and professionalism continues today (some 1+ years later). The system offers a great user experience which ensures adoption of the system throughout our organization. It has changed the way we manage our digital assets - for the better.

Pros

Superior product, ongoing road map for enhancements and platform improvements, cost-effective, great training and customer support

Cons

The Widen Collective has transformed the way we work as a team.

You get time, organization, and a solution that your team mates and other employees love.

Pros

It has enabled us to focus on creative work rather than routine fetch & retrieve for employees, as well as organizing our thousands of assets and collateral in a central, easy to use, location.

Widen Review

I love using Widen as a quick search for images! It takes too long to download so I usually screenshot instead.

Pros

I like that they started archiving style numbers so I can easily search for the assets I need. After searching I love how it pops up everything whether the product was featured in a model shot, mailer, or catalog. I also love the filtering section to the left.

Cons

The amount of time it takes to download an asset.

Forward Thinking DAM with Excellent Integrations

Widen stays ahead of the industry and offers integrations to the DAM offering that add more value by leveraging other systems for more efficiency and cost savings.

Pros

Customer service support

Cons

Not the lowest price but worth the investment

Bing Bang + Widen Review

Content approval/transfer with the clients has been improved significantly.

Pros

The ease and effectiveness of the product as a whole. Portals are very user-friendly and clean looking.

Cons

Global vs Personal Collection permissions. Switching them is tedious. Renaming assets before uploading to prevent conflicts - I'd like them to resolve themselves on the backend.

Widen review

Pros

the ease of finding artwork. Organizes all of our purchased and concept art. So easy to find something quickly

Cons

sometimes the search does not work. keywords are added, but random things will still come up that I did not search for.

Feature Packed and Helpful Knowledge Base

Our team is able to easily manage all of assets ensuring our brand stays cohesive as assets leave our Corporate HQ and move all over the world. We not only share marketing items and images, but we also use Widen as a central location to share other documents and files that are requested from employees regularly. Widen provides a number of permissions so our site keeps the highest security level.

Pros

Widen is a terrific tool for our global team. We are able to have 24/7 access to all our assets no matter where we are in the world. Items are easily searched and downloaded in a format that works for you. I started with their Widen University videos and articles and I was able to quickly become a power user.

Cons

Although there are a number of features, learning the best use case can be difficult for new users to DAMs. There are a number of features that require you to turn them on, and sometimes the amount of information available on the feature can be sparse.

Widen is fantastic!

I've been using Widen for a few years now and have to say that it's functionality and usefulness has grown significantly since I started. We use Widen to store hundreds, if not thousands, of images. The ability to order any size image in any file format at a moment's notice is amazingly helpful. Especially since we often have to accommodate several different kinds of requests on a weekly basis....

Cons

Widen Collective addresses all of our digital asset filing needs in an efficient and effective way

Pros

The many API's and connectors Widen offers as well as the permission roles for users. The roles works very well for our users and helps us to control and monitor the level access to specific assets.

Cons

Not having the ability to extend the link expiration date when sharing assets. We have had many users request the capabilities to extend the link expiration date past 14 days.

Great DAM platform

I was supporting Widen platform for big farmaceutical company as a contractor. Widen DAM platform is great way to share your assets. Collection and categories system is hard to explain if other person can't see the platform, but it's intuitive and gets easy after short interaction. Administrative configuration is complex, but on the other hand gives big control in to whom you give access to you assets. And in most cases needs to be set up once and can be used by several groups of people with same access level.

Pros

Configurability. Ease of use. Almost no issues. Big amount of supported formats.

Cons

Complex setup. Layout of dashboard is flexible, but not fully.

DAM Widen User

overall user-friendly experience. the interface design seems slightly dated and could use an update.

Pros

Able to share with multiple users to access assets.

Cons

searching capabilities are still off. may have to do with how we tag items.

I wish previous companies I worked at used Widen Collective

I've noticed this program has helped the entire company with file sharing. Files never get corrupted through here which is also another big plus.

Pros

I love that this is essentially a massive file sharing program for our entire company. Searching and loading files is super easy and organizing things by different categories is also really helpful.

Cons

I don't like that I have to go through so many prompts in order to download a file. Sometimes the DAM is slow. I wish there was a way to tag files with keywords for broader and more general searching.

Off-The-Shelf DAM

Overall experience was positive. User management was simple, searching worked well, native features met our clients' needs.

Pros

Widen Collective was easy to implement in a short period of time. The native features were enough for all of the clients that we rolled this out for. The primary benefit that we saw was time-to-implement versus building our own custom DAM.

Cons

Long term cost is likely higher than a custom-built DAM for clients not needing all of the features offered by Widen Collective. The API, while decent, could use some additional features to make it easier to move data in and out without user interaction.