Accelo Logo

Accelo

Transform the way you manage client work

Accelo Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.53/10

Reviews by rating

All of our team can interface and contribute seamlessly at any stage of the project. The price point is perfect and the Accelo support has been amazing.
The platform itself is super easy to setup, easy to use, and seamless to navigate. I haven't even unlocked this applications full potential yet, I can't wait.
I use this everyday and I love when our company transferred over to this software. We are so much more organized and work better as a team within this program.
We have lost data on their platform, had hundreds of bugs, and there is limited or no support for users. It is little surprise that they have such a high 'churn.
The offering is convoluted and they offer no training. Staff are rude when you ask for support.
I hate that one has to pay for customer support.

Kim D.

Executive Director

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees

Problem solver

Transcript

Kimberly D.: Hi, I'm Kimberly. I am a CEO. My one to five rating for Accelo is two and for more ratings...

Nicholas G. P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best project coordination tool I've ever used, keeps our teams aligned.

Accelo has fantastic templates that enable us have a certain degree of uniformity and standards throughout the firm. We can also monitor ongoing projects in real time, enhancing your total project management skills. It is now simpler to keep track of projects, manage timesheets and contact databases, link appropriate teams, and transfer work. We primarily use Accelo for client invoicing, but it also serves as a contact resource management database, and all sales possibilities are documented.

Pros

The straightforward user interface and feature-rich dashboard appeal to me; project managers find it simple to log tasks and monitor team progress; and Accelo has increased team cooperation. Accelo automatically adds new contacts to the same spot where we manage projects and track time. This enables us to better monitor fresh prospects. I enjoy how easy it is to log time on a project and view your pending chores at a glance.

Cons

Accelo lacks a robust programming base, adaptability, and machine learning is a little cumbersome. Because of the robust interface, certain parts on the same page may take longer than others to load; this is a difference of seconds, but sometimes you simply want everything to load instantaneously. The system might be more useful in recommending where to invest recorded time; it does not prioritize tasks assigned to you or items you've just entered into.

Hi Nicholas, thank you for sharing your thoughtful and detailed review of Accelo! We are delighted to hear that the platform has helped your team with project coordination and more efficient project management. We appreciate your feedback on areas where we can improve, and your comments on the benefits of using Accelo are valuable to us. Thank you for choosing Accelo for your project management needs and thank you again for leaving a review!

sd

sherae d.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Good for managing and running projects

Overall a very organized software. Keeps everything in one place.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand. Completely customizable and very organized on a whole. Tracking transactions with previous customers is super easy.

Cons

The ease for booking leaves is actually not so easy. It seems to be very complicated. Also I have having to do so many tasks manually.

Thanks Sherae for the great feedback! We'd love for you to share any additional information on the booking process and how you think this could be improved, within our Ideas Forum (ideas.accelo.com). Thanks for being a part of the Accelo community.

JK

Joshua K.

Management Consulting, self-employed

I couldn't function without Accelo, but it still drives me crazy!

Pros

It has so many features that it's light years ahead of anything else I've tried and I've been through dozens of programs. I'm probably using 10% of the features yet it's still indispensable. I love how I can set different rates for different clients, even the same clients but for different projects. I can fairly easily track my time and send invoices.

Cons

That said, Accelo is so utterly confusing, that if you don't already have a complex management system that you're converting from, and is one which you already mastered, you can get very easily overwhelmed by the differences between Retainers, Tickets, Projects. You can attempt to just use one of them and see how it works for you, but then certain items won't be billable if not set up with the correct...

Hi Joshua, sorry for the frustrations with support. Since your review we've invested a lot into building out our support team, and have also introduced options for real-time support for users who want/need it for their businesses.

Kavindu Githsara K.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

A Comprehensive Project Management Tool

Overall, Accelo is a comprehensive project management software that offers a wide range of features and integrations. Its ability to automate repetitive tasks, create custom workflows, and streamline operations make it an ideal tool for businesses that handle large projects. While it may take some time to master, the benefits that Accelo offers make it a worthwhile investment for businesses looking to improve their project management capabilities.

Pros

Accelo is a powerful project management software that streamlines operations and allows teams to manage our work efficiently. One of the most significant benefits of Accelo is its integration with various tools such as Gmail, G Suite, Office 365, and QuickBooks. This integration enables us to manage customer data, projects, tasks, and billing in one place, which significantly simplifies the workflow....

Cons

However, Accelo's complexity may make it difficult for new users to get up to speed quickly. The software has a steep learning curve and may require some training to use effectively.

Hi Kavindu Githsara, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad to hear that helped your team work more efficiently and is helping consolidate your client work into one centralized system. We really appreciate hearing about your positive experience with the platform and want to thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback!

Rob L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Ongoing clever innovation keeps this product fresh

Accelo solves the problem of double handling data when progressing clients from sales to work in progress and maintaining ongoing work for that client. This saves time and cost... In the past we had to re-enter the contact details from a CRM, after the lead became a client, into a Project Management system, for service delivery, then into a Support tool, to manage ongoing work. A single license with Accelo was cheaper, than other software systems combined.

Pros

I like that Accelo combines almost all facets of my business in one application. Not only do I get CRM & sales capability, I also get job/task tracking, project management, support ticketing, and billing! There is integration with key third party apps so I rarely have to go anywhere else to run the business. I also like the user community engagement and level of communication to keep informed on product development.

Cons

It is hard to dislike anything given all the recent improvements, but next I'd like to see a payroll feature, so either I can export timesheet data to a third party application or run a payroll process within Accelo.

Amel M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Teamwork and report

Pros

It's the perfect app for teamwork, log your time, make a report and to let you know where the project is heading. Easy tracking of the project and who is working on it.

Cons

It's not that easy to set at first. You need to be careful when you tracking you. The reports are not very easy to read and you cannot have them in pdf. You have to report the exact time that you were working on each task. Unfortunately, as sometimes I am doing many tasks at the same time its not really realistic for me to track the exact time.

Thanks for your feedback, Amel! I'm hoping that the work we're doing on with reporting right now will be something you find a lot of value from!

Dave J.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity

We are solving many problems with Accelo, from project scheduling and timesheeting through to sales forecasting and email tracking. We use Accelo for the following: Contract Management Project Management Professional Service Automation CRM

Pros

Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services.

Cons

Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

Will G.

Great solution for bringing all of our prospect and project management together

We are a small company without a dedicated business development of sales team. Accelo really helps with keeping on top of new leads and following them through to project setup and delivery. As the Principal in this it has allowed me to be much more in touch of when leads are being neglected or projects are stagnating. In addition, the time keeping functions allow us to bull approximately 10% more hours, just by keeping better logs

Pros

Having all of our leads and project management in one place allows us to follow through relationships with prospective and current clients, right from the initial contact to project delivery and follow up.

Cons

The learning curve is quite high and on boarding new employees takes some time. This just needs the procedures set up but it does take resources in a small company.

Loris D.

One stop Solution

Accelo is one of the most systematic and organized application. I opted for the free trial and was very much pleased with what it offered. It a system or strategy that helped me managing client interactions, dealing with future and current customers, optimizing and systematizing relationships between them. It is a cloud-based CRM platform, which allows me to stay connected with the client information whenever and from wherever. All the requirements to satisfy a client could be done online through the AffinityLive application. It also integrates nicely with other applications such as Google related applications (Google Mail, Contacts, and Calendar). The user interface is easy to use and navigate. Glad I came across it. I am so relieved all the work is done easily with this.

Pros

It can seamlessly be integrated with all leading platforms. It helps accumulate everything at one place be it CRM, Email, Project Management, Support Ticketing etc. They have one of the best support services.

Cons

The only con that i find in it is that it is abit tough to learn at one shot. So new ones take some time in getting handy with it.

JW

James W.

Excell with Accelo

Overall I can't knock it!It's the only software that covers all the bases for a creative company. A lot of project management / CRM softwares are more geared towards sales based companies

Pros

Accelo is full of features and is a great one stop shop for creative project management.The list of features is too long to mention all of them, but the project scheduling and progress tracking is very handy. Plus the reports functionality helps with seeing your overall work output

Cons

It can be rather daunting to get started with using, it's not the most intuitive software. Some of the terminology they use for different things doesn't always make sense etc.

Hi James, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're so happy to hear that Accelo has been helpful for supporting your creative project management with project scheduling, progress tracking, reporting and more. Thank you again for your feedback!

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Full of functions which provides compliexity

They have tried to satisfy so many requirements in enterprises. This became their system complicated and difficult to work.

Pros

1. It Supports a comprehensive variety of activities in an enterprise including CRM, Sales, Projects, Tickets & Requests, Contracts & Retainers, Tasks & Activities (Operations) 2. There are good API’s for integration with other systems. 3. It seems that they have published their API code in GitHub, so programmers can join and improve their API Code. 4. There is good integration with Google including...

Cons

1. They tried to have a good responsive web application, but they were not fully successful in this case. Some of the icons on the upper toolbar will not accessible when the size of browser is in its minimum width. Alternatively, when the “List of Activities” is open and I change the width of browser, some of the texts will be override on each other. 2. Defining tasks is not very user friendly. For...

Ryan F.

Good At Lots, Not Great At Anything

Accelo is a decent platform that aims high in their feature set, but with mediocre results. We were attracted by the number of integrations available, but some of those have since been removed. I am encouraged by the pace of development, so it's quite possible these features will grow in maturity in the near future.

Pros

The platform has a number of serviceable solutions that integrate well with each other, and with Google Apps / Gmail. The onboarding options are helpful and support staff are very friendly. The Retainer tool does a decent job of managing recurring tasks and commitments once you figure out how to use it.

Cons

Unorthodox vocabulary, modules operate differently from class leaders, so the learning curve is significant and that can impair adoption across a team. None of the modules can reasonably be called best-of-breed - but most are still useful. - The Ticket system is a far cry from Zendesk, but still good enough. - The quote feature doesn't stack up to Quote Roller, so we still use QR for sales proposals. Accelo used to support integration with Quote Roller, but no longer does. - We tried to get by with their Project Management tool, but everyone gave up. Now we use JIRA for major projects. - We have multiple businesses operating in different currencies, so we reply on Xero for accounting, and Freshbooks for invoicing.

Thanks for your review, Ryan. Since you posted it we've been working very very hard with dozens of people in our design, development, QA and other product teams to make the product great. And we're going to keep working on making it better.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Wildly underrated email integration and excellent business process automation

Accelo customer service is excellent. They are very responsive, quick to fix any issues that arise, and are always working on improvements and new features.

Pros

The email integration is fantastic, allowing for automatic email capture from all of our team, customers, and suppliers while simultaneously addressing the need for privacy controls in that solution. Most other solutions require the team to manually interact to add those interactions and, well, that just doesn't happen. I don't think Accelo touts that functionality nearly as much as they should. The ability to automate our business processes is a tremendous value as well. Consistency, minimizing mistakes, and reducing training time of new employees are critical factors for our success and this type of automation has proven to be worth the effort it takes to set it up correctly.

Cons

The target market for Accelo is primarily agencies/service-based companies that invoice time and materials. We are an Electronics Manufacturing company and as such, there are many aspects of Accelo that aren't highly applicable in our environment (though we've been surprised on how we've been able to tailor it suit our needs!). With that, there are many features that just don't apply.

DG

DANIEL G.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

COMPLICATED COMPARE TO ANOTHER SOLUTIONS OUT THERE

I GIVE THIS QUALIFICATION TO ACCELO CAUSE COMPARE TO OTHER SOLUTIONS IN THE MARKET IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DEPLOY WHEN YOU DONT PAY WITH THE DIRECT VENDOR THE SERVICES. I BELIVE THAT THERES OTHERS TOOL´S MORE INTUITIVE OUT THER

Pros

ALL YOUR INFORMATION IN ONE PLACE SECURE AND MOST OF THE TIME AVAILABLE, ALSO YOU CAN GET ACCESS FROM ALL YOUR FAVORITE DEVICE´S.

Cons

IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONFIGURED IT IF YOU DON´T PAY THE ACCELO IMPLEMENTATION, IS NOT SO INTUITIVE AS OTHER SOLUTIONS IN THE MARKET, PEOPLE GETS VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS TOOL.

Thanks for your feedback, Daniel. It certainly is a balance to strike when deciding whether to build a product which has more power and complexity vs keeping it simple but resulting in people having to use many products to do their job or run their business. While most technology companies choose the later path - do less, be easier, and make it the responsibility of the user/business owner to try...

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Beware of what you're getting into

Pros

The tool is very powerful. It has a lot of features that allow you to do time tracking, project management, client communication, invoicing and much more. I think because it is trying to be so many things, it is lacking in most all of those areas and the user experience and overall feature set is quite cumbersome and falls below expectations for the money.

Cons

The tool is overly complicated and lacks what you would consider basic features in so many ways. Our team of 8 people spent over 200 hours learning the tool and we are still learning and still frustrated weekly. They try to say that you can make the tool do about anything you want, but doing even the basics requires a tremendous amount of time. Things that should take 30 seconds often take multiple minutes. The system loads pages so slowly that it's not uncommon to watch the wheel spin for 30+ seconds which seems like an eternity when you are trying to work. I would not purchase the tool again and I would not recommend it to others unless you have a full time staff of IT or super users who will do nothing but manage the tool.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Accelo so far. We offer support via email or over the phone, we are happy to offer any help needed in configuring Accelo to best fit your needs. Feel free to reach out to us: support@accelo.com

CM

Christian M.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Amazing CRM and Project Management Tool for your small or midsize biz

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business requirements... Zero coding programing... everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Pros

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business... Zero Programing with Coding.. everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Cons

needs improvement in mobile app. need to provide better training on setting up when starting from scratch, even after paying for the full initial setup package.. still needed to invest internal time to personalize the tool to our requirements

CB

Cheryl B.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Effective tool but missing some key functionality for management of a team

The company is good to work with. They try to be accommodating with requests. Their support team is responsive. There are some fundamental functionality missing from the system such as the ability to apply a discount to a quote. Also the way margins are calculated is incorrect. I need to recalculate by myself. Some of the dashboards are not meaningful. I would love to see the company spend time understanding reporting needs, and update the software to provide more meaningful information.

Pros

The ability to create an opportunity, quote, and then close it into a project where we can assign resources and log time is very convenient.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are severely lacking. I have to try many different ways to pull out data into excel and further manipulate it to do the type of analysis I need to do as the leader of a team. When I filter data, it doesn't always make sense and it doesn't leave me confident that the data is accurate.

AE

Alexa E.

Extremely Buggy, Content Updates and Content Beta

None- we are switching.

Pros

The customer service is responsive. That is the only good thing about Accelo.

Cons

They're constantly making updates but don't tell the users about all of them. Then when new features are rolled out, they're buggy and not tested frequently. The pricing is very expensive compared to other project management solutions that work better and don't have frequent issues.

Hi Alexa, We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with Accelo. We send a bi-weekly newsletter each week which goes over each update added to our solution. I recommend looking out for these so that you can easily stay up to date on Accelo's changes. We have found that our clients grow and increase their profits when using Accelo. The ability to track retainers, eliminate the disconnect between disjointed workflows, and the collaborative focus of our solution is a real game-changer for most. I'll make sure to reach out to you via email and connect you with your account manager so that we can help you work through any issues you are experiencing. Best,

RC

Rob C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Timesheeting and more

Overall, I enjoy using the software. Entering timesheets is super easy. It's also good to see my tasks for the week ahead.

Pros

I really like how I can see all the work I have been assigned at the beginning of the week. It's also very easy to enter my timesheet

Cons

I think the search functionality could be improved. Also, it's very difficult to book holiday leave in advance - it's a very roundabout process.

Thanks Rob for the great feedback! We'd love for you to share any additional information on the search functionality and holiday booking process within our Ideas Forum (ideas.accelo.com). Thanks for being a part of the Accelo community.

RA

Richard A.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

I'm a bit smarter and definitely more productive with Accelo

Accelo has given me a "picture" of my business that, initially, I was reluctant to believe. Sometimes that first accurate picture isn't pretty, but I'm thankful for it.

Pros

Accelo has encoded the work flows for my business. I was unaware of some of those flows, so the software has educated me. It solved problems I didn't know that I had.

Cons

What I like least really has nothing to do with Accelo. It can be complex, but, for me, that was because I didn't understand some of the complexities in my business. For example, the Retainers section has you trying to understand the options that they give you. Your first question will be, "Why does this have to be so complex?", or "Who would do it that way?". When you realize the reasons that they structured Retainers, you understand the power of it.

Shahidul I.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

A Wonderful Project Management Software!

Pros

It kind of changed a whole lot of my teams work ethic, and system. Helper us immensely with unique set of features, especially, syncing schedules, result tracking.

Cons

Nothing much really. Just that the pricing is on the higher side. Not a deal breaker though.

Hi Shahidul, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad to hear that Accelo's unique features are helping your team manage schedules and track results. Thank you again for your feedback!

Adam S.

After many many project management software trials, this is my FAVORITE

Time saving and much much better project management.

Pros

Love the ability to see all tasks and drag and drop through deadlines. Love being able to track a project from proposal stage through quoting through project management and billing. Unique and totally awesome end to end product. Oh and awesome email integration.

Cons

Takes some time to learn and setup. There is a service you can buy to have them set it up for you, but the truth is creating scalable systems for your business processes is tough. Accelo makes it a helluva a lot easier, but you still have a lot of thinking and work to do to enable you to do the job you want.

NF

Nate F.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Solid Service Desk tool for the money.

Pros

I like the affordability. We are a new MSP and this was a great entry level service desk tool for our company.

Cons

There are some moments that feel unfinished. The email system for alerts and tickets is clunky and has been my least favorite piece of this offering. I was able to make it work, but I don't love the workflow and there are a lot of extra steps that seem unneeded in general. I understand that the idea is to leave it open and able to be customized, but I for one would have much preferred a solid base...

CM

Carly M.

Easy and Effective Project Management System

Pros

How easy it makes scheduling my day, week and month. My time management skills have vastly improved since using Accelo.

Cons

With any software, there is room for improvement. Little tweaks here and there, but overall the software is great.

Wayne W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great product for startups

Great to create projects, managed services agreements, invoicing, cost models, quotations. Great overall product.

Pros

I wanted a great PSA, one that I could stand up quickly and get to work without hours and hours of churn. This fit the bill great. It integrates well with QuickBooks, my RMM, and email platforms. And it is reasonably priced.

Cons

It still feels young in its product lifecycle. The integrations, while solid, have the opportunity for greater and greater automation. Looking forward to the progression of the product.