Samsara Logo

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

Samsara Reviews

Suggested alternatives

keeptruckin
express-tms
elite-extra

The implementation team was amazing and made sure the setup process was very easy. The dashboard of the program is great and the integration with my other favorite software is on point.
I feel that we are a safer fleet now. I am overall very happy with the system and would recommend it.
Super friendly staff, getting the program implemented from start to finish was easy with samsara staff helping us through the process.
At times there have been data problems. It is rare and data is never lost just needs to be recovered.
Horrible experience, completely cannot count on this product.
Poor communication, too difficult to get anyone to help you, always blame issues on something else. Never works when I need it, I completely cannot depend on this product.

CB

Cherish B.

Recruiting Specialist

Samsara Review: None Can Rise Above Samsara

Transcript

Cherish B.: Hi, my name is Cherish. I am a recruiting specialist here at Caregan Transport, and I currently...

TK

Tamsen K.

DOT Safety Supervisor

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Samsara Review: Battery Operated Device Needs Updating.

Transcript

Tamsen: Tamsen. My job title is DOT safety supervisor. We're a small company and I would rate Samsara...

L. Houston S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Pros

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Cons

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

RF

Roberto F.

Great and reliable GPS

Reliable and easy to use. when we switch from our previous GPS tracking the feature that i like a lot is that is very ise to shared the tracking links.

Pros

that is easy to share tracking links to my customers even from my mobile device

Cons

that u cant check driver hours from the mobile app like the web.

VP

Vincent P.

Stay Away Horrible Unethical Company that Just wants your Money

HORRIBLE, we left our previous ELD company due to awful service and unethical treatment as a customer. Samsara promised to be a good business partner and has done nothing but fall short. Do your self a favor look else where for companies that Value your business and WANT to work with you. Keep in mind this company like many others will lock you into an additional contract period (3 more years) at the end of your first one if you do not provide notice.

Pros

The Product is somewhat simple and not to hard to use however the app will put drivers on duty when they take them off duty. Making edits in the driver reports is annoying and more time consuming than necessary due to needing to leave a remark for every edit.

Cons

The most disgusting part about this software is the team behind it. DO NOT purchase this software. This is a money grabbing company that will use contracts and unethical tactics to take your money. This company will NOT work with you or be a good business partner. I have a Fleet that I currently am building up. Initially we signed a contract for the starting 8 devices we needed. I purchased another...

RM

Randy M.

Customer for 5 years - good reliable system

Pros

Liked the way the camera images could be remotely retrieved and the plug and play install of the ELD

Cons

Has some connectivity issues with some older trucks and brand new trucks with the VG34

KK

Kyle K.

Excellent Product

Pros

Vehicle tracking accuracy and ease of use for drivers using daily logs.

Cons

Some reports are incomplete or have to reference multiple reports to locate all information needed.

DD

Dereck D.

Great Service

Great! the System has never let me down, and when ever i have needed any assistance the samsara team has been there to help

Pros

The ability to see in real time where our trucks are.

Cons

I cant say there is anything i dont like

Amy R.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

I'd recommend Samsara to any trucking company looking for a fleet management solution!

Wonderful! I have used many systems during my 31 yrs of Transportation, Samsara I feel is the best yet.

Pros

Easy of use both all - Admin, Dispatch, and Drivers.

Cons

I currently cannot think of any issues we have had

KT

Katherine T.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Great addition to fleet management

Pros

Samsara is very easy to deploy and the actual program is user friendly. I can log on quickly, at any time and see exactly where all the vehicles are. I can track location, speed and vehicle diagnostics which helps control my costs of operating a fleet.

Cons

I really don't have any concerns with Samsara.

PH

Patricia H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Really worth the value

User friendly for dispatch. We really like.

Pros

We can track our buses and run the buses by routes

Cons

We have not yet implemented the use on the buses for the drivers to use

OM

Ofa M.

Construction, 5,001-10,000 employees

I like Samsara a lot. The geolocation is what I like the most

Pros

As a parts room manager, I have to check and see where my runners are to gauge a time frame on how long they will be to get from one job to another job when they are delivering parts.

Cons

Nothing. I really like everything about Samsara.

ES

Erika S.

Easy ELD program

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

NS

Nicholas S.

Samsara Review

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Pros

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

JN

Jonathan N.

Frontier

We originally switched our dashcams to the Samsara Dashcam as our prior providers product was having issues being connected and recording when it was needed. The switch was easy and the product was excellent, through that we were able to get a preview of the other features available from Samsara. When we decided to make the switch for all of our telematics it was easy and straightforward. I was surprised at how effortless it was to connect our TMS software to Samsara.

Pros

The ease of use for both the driver and for the operations team is what stands out the most. Our drivers were able to pickup and use the Samsara ELD with little to no training as it is very intuitive.

Cons

I would like some more integration options with 3rd party vendors that integrate directly into the driver app and not require another app to operate (Navigation, scale/toll bypass).

SE

Sheldon E.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Scammy company

Pros

They have some benefits, but I refuse to do business with companies like this. See review below

Cons

Company has poor customer service. We had 6 dashcams with them for 3 years and I wanted to cancel at the end of the contract. They have fine print in their contract that it will automatically renew at end of three years and you have to let them know 30 days in advance to cancel the renewal. I left them know at end and they refuse to refund me the entire next year charge. I would easily agree to pay...

Sheldon, we're very sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Our Support team has located your account and we can confirm that they have reached out to you directly to resolve your issue.

Christopher K.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

DZ

Daniel Z.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Samsara Review

Samsara has been a great service so far. I find much more value with this service than past providers. I also expect that we may begin using some of the additional features when we get time to work with them.

Pros

Samsara is very user friendly, it seems to have endless features you can use. We like the cameras they offer and have them on all of our route service based vehicles to be able to confirm missed trash collections or confirm issues with why carts may have not been collected.

Cons

Pulling the camera footage can occasionally be difficult just because the points on the map do not always align perfectly with the footage. This is a simple problem to fix, I just expand the amount of footage I pull.

GP

Grace P.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Samsara

Pros

Ease of use, good quality of cameras, customer service is on point.

Cons

Everything needs to be able to export in Excel, not just CSV

PB

Peggy B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

IF YOU HAVEN'T SWITCHED TO SAMSARA, YOU SHOULD!

Pros

It is such an easy system to use and what's even better is how easy it is to teach drivers how to use! Makes orientation much simpler. The customer support is always top notch!

Cons

When trying pull data for reports sometimes selecting exactly what you want is not as easy as it should be, i.e. date ranges, grouping.

RO

Ricky O.

Disappointed and Unsupported

Crap

Pros

The control and data entry portion of the daily log is good and easy enough to understand.

Cons

This list will be lengthy.... 1. Random duty status changes for no apparent reason and into statuses that shouldn't be possible. For example while driving it puts you into ON DUTY NOT DRIVING or just the opposite. 2. While driving it will switch to you co-driver and start logging on their log. 3. Won't track and will enter wrong locations in completely other states. 4. Will lock you out and not...

Hi Ricky - Thanks for providing this feedback on our product. We've shared it with the team and hope to make improvements in the future.

BJ

Brandon J.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Has Potential

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Pros

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Cons

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

LG

LILIANA G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Software constantly has issues

The software constantly has glitches. Some glitches were not so important to me but, others made Samsara more of liability. Also, it was always a challenge to get help when system had issues. The response I received 95% of the time was... Our engineers are working to get this resolved and months would go by before the problem was solved. Not to mention I was locked into a contract for 3 yrs.

Pros

It is cloud based, has real time location of truck with map and has a driver app.

Cons

Software is faulty. Most recent issue gateway is supposed to automatically record driving time but, it's recording driving AFTER driver is going off duty and truck is parked.. causing HOS violations on log.. tried editing but, because the edit is from DRIVING (incorrectly recorded) to OFF DUTY it indicates there is still an ELD violation. Reached out to Samsara they said it will be about 2 months before this can be fixed. I've decided not to renew my contract.

Hi Liliana, We're really sorry to hear this has been your experience and apologize for the frustration this may have caused you. We'd like to work together to make sure we resolve all of the issues you've been experiencing - please reach back out to our Support team at 415-329-6900 and we'll get this sorted ASAP.

AO

Alex O.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

AVOID. Truly the worst customer service, across any industry we've ever experienced

AVOID. WORST customer service by any company we have ever experienced. Our big struggle right now is Samsara is integrated into our whole fleet and changing a provider, especially if we have to speak with someone at Samsara, is a huge undertaking. If I knew what I know now, I would have never moved forward with this horrible company. They are well below Comcast and Verizon level incompetence. Samsara makes the RMV feel like Disneyland.

Pros

The GPS and fleet tracking is great and have no complaints.

Cons

AVOID. Samsara is truly the worst customer service business we have ever dealt with. We have literally never been helped on an ongoing billing issue that we've experienced for years. I have created support tickets, had days of back and for email communication, at least 25 phone calls with multitudes of people and have never made 1 step of progress. I have even gone as far (as bad as I felt) making formal complaints about the last FOUR people who have "helped" me hoping this would cause an elevation to get this resolved and astonishingly nothing happened. Not even an email or phone call back.

SH

Scott H.

Expectations Continue To Be Exceededed

From the very start, it was obvious, that this was not just another GPS service. From the first class customer support, to the information, and ease of use. Implementation is so easy, therefore cutting down on time a tech spends on installation.

Pros

Where to start. Daily monitoring and ease of editing drivers logbooks. Sharing location (live) with techs and repair services, of down units. Allowing techs and others users creative limits on access to information. Reports, reports, reports. There are so many reports made available, and easy to understand. Customer support! Best customer support staff you can wish for.

Cons

It isn't on every machine we have in the fleet!

HT

Hope T.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent Service

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

AC

Anton C.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Very Happy with Samsaras product.

Very positive. We have installed Samsara in all of our equipment, fleet vehicles, and over the road trucking assets.

Pros

Video AI, ease of use of Samsara dashboard, reports, and instant notifications.

Cons

System continues to read as running if asset goes into a cell dead zone and racks up inacurate engine hours. Causes John Deere equipment to go into De-Rate when connected to equipment ECM.