All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

BenchmarkONE Reviews

Pros

Lindsey has been so great and patient while we are setting up our systems and processes. Her training is easy to follow and Hatchbuck has been very user friendly and easy to train our staff.

Dana K.

Read the full review
Overall, a cool solution that is well worth its investment at a fraction of the price of competitors, and a friendly team to help navigate the first steps.

Dominick G.

Read the full review
Excellent customer service and training - easy to use - great help features and video.

Susan B.

Read the full review
I find it difficult to search for multiple individuals at an organization. The CRM is set up to organize mostly by contacts and not by accounts, which can be a bit difficult.

Amber R.

Read the full review
I thoroughly researched alternatives on the marketplace and when I chose hatchbuck, I was nervous the tools would be extremely limited. I'm glad that I couldn't have been more wrong.

Michael D.

An awesome and inexpensive marketing automation tool

The happy lil' secret in the automated marketing world!

Allows a small marketing outfit to punch above its weight and focus follow-on efforts on the more high-valued prospects.

Pros

Hatchbuck is great. What? I need to write more? ok. It allows you to create or upload documents, you can include them as well as links into emails, and then combine emails into campaigns where they are delivered at preset times. But that's far from all! Hatchbuck monitors the customer's interactions with your email and awards score points (defined by you) for various activities like visting...

Cons

A few things. I'm not crazy about the HTML design tool. (Or, perhaps, I'm a lousy designer?) It seems too old-fashioned. You can get false positives from the lead score system -- especially if you email to high security places like financial institutions whose bots click on everything to test your email for spy/malware. Its awkward to try to call a super high scoring customer who 'appears' fascinated with your content only to learn that he left 6 months ago and the bots are still screening his email. :-(

Hatchbuck hits a sweet spot

Sales engagement and qualification

Pros

Very good value for the money. The scoring is very helpful in qualifying prospects and interest.

Cons

Not much. It hits the highlights and is affordable.

Product Update 2017: untested, too many bugs, makes customers lose credibility as features simply do not work

Also, the relaunch did not bring the features which were somewhat announces, e.g. imap integration only possible for gmail as of now.

Pros

Very nice people in service, easy to use. Pricing is all right, looks nice, has some nice dashboard eye candy

Cons

Simply not reliable anymore, after the relaunch earlier this year, there are too many incidents where you are not in control of what hatchbuck is doing: e.g. unsubscribe doesn´t work: no confirmation that a user unsubscribed and campaigns do not stop, so unsubscribing users might get more emails from you. Embarrassing? Yes. Potentially causing credibility and even legal problem? yeah. Also, automations...

Great tool for starting your SaaS business

Pros

Ease of use, ability to get it set up without engineers The tasks and campaigns are also AWESOME

Cons

Would love if you could text from the platform to customers

Haven't had a bad experience with it yet, awesome CRM

Amazing experience, software is easy to use. The support team is awesome, anytime I have a question they respond quickly and politely. They make me feel like one of their top clients, even though I'm nowhere near that.

Pros

Email Drop Campaigns Email Templates Provided Easy to Use

Cons

The only gripe (it's small) that I have is that you can't have a more broad view of your customer database. It only allows 100 per page and wish it could zoom out more, so I could see more customers in front of me at once.

Hatchbuck power user going on third year...

There are tons of cloud-based CRM platforms out there to choose from. None offer the full package and scope of mail marketing and contact traceability that Hatchbuck offers. The competition costs much more and offers much less.

Pros

Email campaign tracking, social network linking, deal tracking, open, click, and interaction charting. No CRM since Goldmine in the 90's has made it so easy to create email campaigns on the fly based on contact response and interaction. And Goldmine was (and still is) ridiculously cumbersome and expensive to use, program, and manage. Hatchbuck is not. And unlike Constant Contact, the emails that go out through Hatchbuck don't look canned...they look like they could be one-off emails sent from one human to another.

Cons

It isn't an email client, meaning, you can't send and receive emails using Hatchbuck. The Task reminder functionality isn't awesome. I'm not a huge fan of teal...you can't tweet directly from Hatchbuck...I'm reaching now...

Hatchbucking - Mostly a fantastic experience :)

Our company provides churches with a communication tool to send emails and texts to their members. Hatchbuck is our primary CRM to communicate with our customers. It's proven pretty darn invaluable to keeping in touch with where our customers are at in their progress with using Flocknote, and it's given us a great way to communicate best practices via email as well.

Pros

Pretty intuitive, plus lots of features make it a great and dynamic tool to have in your belt. I love being able to assign tasks to specific contacts or companies in particular. I've been using it for nearly a year, and I'm still finding ways to use it better!

Cons

The email composer -- specifically changing fonts, sizes, etc. -- tends to be a little clunky and particular. You can get the text displaying how you want, but sometimes uncooperative "auto"formatting is a bit frustrating.

Increased Productivity and Sales

Overall we are very pleased with Hatchbuck and the adoption rate of our sales team was very quick. Customer Service is fantastic. Our rep does a wonderful job keeping us updated with everything happening at Hatchbuck

Pros

Very simple to create email templates for sales and marketing. Dashboard for quick reference reporting.

Cons

Updating contact list when wanting to resync database

Above average sales & marketing platform

We decided to use Hatchbuck to help us organize and communicate with signups for Slope, a media management platform. We used Hatchbuck to organize contacts into categories and to send out our email campaigns and updates. Getting started on Hatchbuck is very easy and their customer service is outstanding (I usually get a response on questions and problems the same day). There are some minor issues and is really best suited for smaller sized companies.

Pros

Great customer service, I always got a response on issues and questions I had in a short amount of time. Tagging users and creating email campaigns based on those tags is very simple and intuitive. We enjoyed the scoring system of contacts (we called it Fantasy Football for leads).

Cons

Personally I feel as if the 'Deals' and 'Tasks' features are a little bit redundant and not overly helpful to general productivity. I also found there to be minor issues such as not getting notifications when other team members made changes to our organization's account. It's also very easy for contacts to become overwhelming and it is much better suited for smaller sized businesses.

An awesome and inexpensive marketing automation tool

I use this for my firms marketing automation and it works great at a great price!

Pros

The marketing automation tool is constantly evolving to stay ahead of MA trends. Support is fantastic!

Cons

There is really nothing bad I can say about Hatchbuck

Hands down, the best CRM system I've ever used.

We previously had three systems holding three separate sets of data: Zoho CRM, Membrain, and MailChimp. Now that our data is all together, we're already starting to make it work for us, instead of us working with it. As we're further into the program as well, and we've executed some campaigns and targeted emails, we're getting to know our database. The tag feature is amazing, and helps to give a more real-time picture of where our prospects are at, whether they've been browsing the website, what pages they've visted (and multiple times), etc.

Pros

The support, hands down. The team at Hatchbuck is amazing, and has answered all of my questions promptly, and helped me to think creatively about how best to use the software. I also love the automation available - the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built-in advanced filtering system is great and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We've also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts - what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don't care about - our database has new life!

Cons

As we've been in the system more, we're finding that we're not using the "deals" tracker tool as effectively as we could, simply based on the fact that for our specific line of business, we could easily use 3-4 pipelines separately. (We are M&A Advisors/Business Brokerage Advisors, and so we have separate pipelines for Sellers, Buyers, Clients doing Exit Planning, and Valuations). If we were given the ability to have multiple Deals pipelines, it would immediately enable us to keep track of that pipeline. Additionally, if I could change a couple things, like the ability to automate contact notes within the record the same way that other things can be automated, I would, but this is such a minor thing that I wouldn't count it as a dislike.

Excellent CRM for small company

Lead tracking, prioritization, campaigns, nurturing

Pros

I really love Hatchbuck. It has transformed my company in terms of lead tracking and management. It's so easy to set up and use, and is extremely well-priced.

Cons

The interface to send emails to clients is a bit clunky, and I'd value greater options. There are a few bugs with creating new emails, and formatting. It's hard to see what clients you've communicated with that day.

The Swiss Army Knife of Marketing Software

Getting into Hatchbuck is like beginning a new craft and gradually building on your tool set. It has been a year since we signed up, and our business' marketing activities have matured through a mix of Hatchbuck's offerings and our own strategy development. Hatchbuck absolutely does its part in building a firm relationship between our sales team and our customers. Importing contacts is a snap....

Cons

You Won't Be Disappointed With Hatchbuck!

I'd recommend Hatchbuck to anyone looking for a sleek, easy to use platform that handles both your CRM and Email Campaigns.

Pros

I love the ease of creating email templates, especially with the new update, and being able to track their success as soon as they are sent out. I primarily use it for creating email campaigns and tracking contacts who click through. It's a very organized system with ways to easily find contacts and emails. While the older version definitely had some kinks, I think they did an awesome job with the update I've found it much more user-friendly. Also it is a bit pricey, but it is a CRM and email campaign creator/tracking tool so I think it's worth it.

Cons

Again, with the old version, the email building templates were difficult to use, especially compared to MailChimp. Much improvement has been made to make the process much easier. It was frustrating to have to create new templates since the old ones were rendered useless. Sometimes it's a bit hard to navigate through the system, looking for the exact data or rare thing you might need or filter you might want, the good thing is their support is outstanding and always there to help.

Hatchbuck Changes the Game for the University at Albany Weekend MBA

Pros

Unlike the ACT!, the last CRM I used, Hatchbuck enables me to automate my marketing/recruiting activities for the Weekend MBA Program. There are no more instances of prospects falling through the cracks as I am able to develop relevant messages and campaigns that I am able to disseminate to my stakeholders in timely fashion. There are no limits to the number of e-mails that can be sent and tracking the performance of those e-mails, i.e., opens, clicks, bounces, etc. is also helpful. Another feature I use quite a bit is the sales pipeline. I now know how many viable prospects I have in the system and at what precise stage they are at. What's also nice is that the investment in the program, unlike many other better know CRMs, is all inclusive.

Cons

Hatchbuck has been phenomenal in terms of service and response time. There are several areas, though, that can be bolstered and, I believe, are being worked on. The first is better e-mail integration. Rather than automatically be included in someone's record, you need to insert the Hatchbuck inbox address in the bcc field to capture the message in the system. They can probably do a better job with social media integration, calendar integration, as well as providing a more robust word processor.

A great CRM and marketing system for small businesses.

Pros

The application offers user-friendly graphical user interface. The customer service is very knowledgeable and responsive. Based on the actions of your contact, you can automate trigger emails and reminders. One of the best features is that you can see who all open your emails and the email marketing gets you know about what the users click on. You can track the progress of your campaigns and how well they were received. You can easily merge your contacts from your earlier CRMs. You can categorize the application for clients from several industries. The application does great contact management and is well integrated with social media.

Cons

It's quite difficult to get used to the email templates. the application, in comparison to other similar CRM systems, does not provide many plugins. Reporting capabilities and tags management require improvement. The absence of advanced features. It is very difficult to make edits or copy the campaigns.

Flexible Enough to be Utilized in Most Marketing Plans

Hatchbuck is a great software for both large and small companies. It is one of the only services I have found flexible enough to be tailored to my many clients.

Pros

The customer service is by far the greatest asset this software has. Hatchbuck is extremely customizable which is excellent when working with clients in many different industries but can present a challenge when deciding which categorizations and tag to use when building the system. Hatchbuck's customer service team is always on-call to help assist in any way necessary.

Cons

The pricing options and billing details aren't completely transparent. Often, I will have to reach out to my Hatchbuck rep to get details regarding plans or billings.

Outstanding Customer Support and Functionality You Can Use!

Onboarding & Support I've had a stellar experience with Hatchbuck from the initial demo, and most importantly through to onboarding and getting the system configured. This is a standout part of the Hatchbuck offer, especially after coming from a larger automation platform. Functionality & Ease of Use You don't get all the functionality you are likely to have compared to say, Marketo, but...

Pros

Simple to use, easy to configure, and can get to work and ROI fast. Scales easily with pricing not restricting records you put into it.

Cons

Some functionality you may be used to is not present, such as Outlook plugins.

Hatchbuck user for many years

The customer service and overall ease of use of Hatchbuck is fantastic. We always get a quick response to all of our questions. And it's a great place to store nearly all of our business information.

Pros

What we love the most about Hatchbuck is the simplicity of setting up campaigns and sending out mass emails to our database with metrics to measure results.

Cons

Hatchbuck, like all CRMS, has a learning curve associated with it, particularly with creating email templates which can be tricky to set up.

Great CRM for Small Business

Hatchbuck offers a tiered pricing plan, which is great for small businesses trying and starting a CRM program.

Pros

It's hard to beat the features and price of Hatchbuck. The program does well two features that a small business really needs: contact management and email marketing.

Cons

The CRM offerings are very basic. If you are looking for a ton of features with your CRM, then Hatchbuck may not be the best CRM for you.

Hatchbuck Helps Drive Enrollment Growth for University at Albany's Weekend MBA Program

Adopting the Hatchbuck CRM a year and a half ago has transformed and modernized the marketing, and hence the recruiting, for UAlbany's executive Weekend MBA Program. We were able to automate many tasks that had to be previously performed manually. We created landing pages which automatically filled records in Hatchbuck when they were submitted and we tied campaigns to certain actions so that we...

Cons

Really good value for your money

Hatchbuck does everything well, just not great. It is a basic CRM that offers a solid suite of tools to help you manager your pool of customers. The best feature of Hatchbuck are the email marketing tools. Although a little challenging to grasp at first, the build your own template tool is a great way to create content and get it out in front of your customers in a quick and professional manner.

Pros

For what you pay, you won't find a better CRM on the market. For those who are just stepping into the world of CRMs, Hatchbuck is a great place to start.

Cons

As with a lot of CRMs, the number of contacts can determine the price you pay. Hatchbuck is a great value for small businesses, but once your contact list starts to grow, the price jumps considerably, which might cause you to look at other CRMs.

Great small business solution - Intuitive, feature-filled, clean interface

There are a lot of CMS platforms out there but this one is the one I've settled on because it has certain features that you need to pay a LOT extra for on larger platforms, such as click-tracking. The name is kinda weird and I don't believe it's the cheapest solution out there, after all, there are others that are free. However, Hatchbuck makes it possible to set up sales funnels with ease, and without complicating things. The onboarding process is relatively simple - you don't need a degree to wade through it all and their customer support team is super friendly. My only problem with Hatchbuck is that I don't use it more, which is my problem, not theirs. A great solution for small businesses that want powerful features without the hefty price tag of the CMS giants out there.

Pros

The interface, customer support and certain features that seem to integrate well with my sales process.

Cons

The price is a little high, especially if I want to add other users, like a VA to help me out, so I have avoided doing that and so not using is to its full potential.

A simple and easy-to-use marketing automation tool for companies that want to save time and money.

I was researching for some inbound marketing tools and the results were always the same: an ultra expensive system with tons of features that neither me or someone in my organisation will set up in the incoming two weeks. However, one day I found Hatchbuck and since then I fell in love with it! Hatchbuck is the tool that adapts the most to my marketing plan: email marketing, lead scoring and tracking...

Cons

A World Class Marketing and Managing Solution to Create Meaningful Relationships

The entire Hatcbuck engagement process is world class! Starting with its marketing website to setting up our account and subsequent customer service, the Hatchbuck team has been responsive and the system is more powerful than I could ever expect! In addition to providing innovative and intuitive technology, Hatchbuck also provides great resources and guides that help to create a coherent strategy...

Pros

It is intuitive and is built upon a solid logic model.

Cons

It takes a little bit of time to understand all of the features available and how to access them. But, the videos and webinars help a lot!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.