Hatchbuck Reviews

4.42/5 (143 reviews)

George Gonzalez-Rivas

The happy lil' secret in the automated marketing world!

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Allows a small marketing outfit to punch above its weight and focus follow-on efforts on the more high-valued prospects.Hatchbuck is great. What? I need to write more? ok. It allows you to create or upload documents, you can include them as well as links into emails, and then combine emails into campaigns where they are delivered at preset times. But that's far from all! Hatchbuck monitors the customer's interactions with your email and awards score points (defined by you) for various activities like visting your website, reading an email, downloading a document or clicking on a link. So when you open Hb you can review the current scores and follow up with the prospects who are raising their hands the furthest. But, there's more! Where Hb 'really' excels is in the logic of these campaigns. For example... if you have a campaign for general interest which you are sending to a generic group and a customer evinces particular interest in your offering (clicks or downloads a lot) Hb logic can detect this and move him to a more aggressive sales campaign. Hb can notify you for any specific buying signal. Hb can send the customer (again, automatically) additional materials based on actions ("oh, you like case studies, eh, take a look at this one") . If you do the campaigns correctly Hb is really a 'fire and forget' homing missile. It has a tremendous number of features (searching and segmentation are awesome) and because of its price structure, it really allows a small company to punch waaaay above its weight class. I'm happy!

Chelsey Clayton

Hands down, the best CRM system I've ever used.

Reviewed 2017-06-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We previously had three systems holding three separate sets of data: Zoho CRM, Membrain, and MailChimp. Now that our data is all together, we're already starting to make it work for us, instead of us working with it. As we're further into the program as well, and we've executed some campaigns and targeted emails, we're getting to know our database. The tag feature is amazing, and helps to give a more real-time picture of where our prospects are at, whether they've been browsing the website, what pages they've visted (and multiple times), etc. The support, hands down. The team at Hatchbuck is amazing, and has answered all of my questions promptly, and helped me to think creatively about how best to use the software. I also love the automation available - the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built-in advanced filtering system is great and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We've also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts - what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don't care about - our database has new life!

Michelle Ramirez

The Swiss Army Knife of Marketing Software

Reviewed 2016-02-10

Getting into Hatchbuck is like beginning a new craft and gradually building on your tool set. It has been a year since we signed up, and our business' marketing activities have matured through a mix of Hatchbuck's offerings and our own strategy development. Hatchbuck absolutely does its part in building a firm relationship between our sales team and our customers. Importing contacts is a snap. Users can match default columns/fields with columns in imported CSVs, merge contacts with possible matches, manually check the results, and assign tags to the entire import list'even on existing matches. The contact management experience is tailor-fit to your contact database thanks to Hatchbuck's fantastic tagging system. Using custom fields and dozens of tags with a simple "is/is not in tag" and "and/or" tag-linking filter gives you so much control over your entire database. The VERY user-friendly UI is set up so that beginners can dive into the database and learn the outs and ins through regular use. I found my way around Hatchbuck in just about a day, which would definitely benefit a small business looking for an easy start. I would follow their support team to the ends of the earth. Hatchbuck is backed by a genuinely attentive support team that trained me and later cleared up an enormous importing disaster with more patience and attention I would find in any other support line. As far as I can see, Hatchbuck plots only Opens and Clicks on the results page for every campaign. It would be so helpful to see Opens, Bounces, Clicks, Unsubscribes, and Complaints as timelines on the same chart area. Hatchbuck's bounce results page allows you to export just the first 1,000 bounce records. However you filter it (by sender, etc.) you will still get 1,000 records. One of our imports had 2,000 bounces and I had to export at least 8 different column-filtered sheets, stick them in a spreadsheet, remove duplicates... Managing the database can be tricky, but I hope Hatchbuck's development team can introduce a few fixes like mass-editing a default contact field for multiple contacts and automatically tagging contacts as bounces. The cons definitely counter some of the pros, but in all fairness, our company's email marketing needs can be a little demanding. Hatchbuck and our marketing team have come to work together very well, and I am immensely thankful that I opted for the Live Demo a year ago.

Susan Becher Schultz

You Won't Be Disappointed With Hatchbuck!

Reviewed 2017-06-02
Review Source: Software Advice

I'd recommend Hatchbuck to anyone looking for a sleek, easy to use platform that handles both your CRM and Email Campaigns. I love the ease of creating email templates, especially with the new update, and being able to track their success as soon as they are sent out. I primarily use it for creating email campaigns and tracking contacts who click through. It's a very organized system with ways to easily find contacts and emails. While the older version definitely had some kinks, I think they did an awesome job with the update I've found it much more user-friendly. Also it is a bit pricey, but it is a CRM and email campaign creator/tracking tool so I think it's worth it.

Don Purdy

Hatchbuck Changes the Game for the University at Albany Weekend MBA

Reviewed 2015-05-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Unlike the ACT!, the last CRM I used, Hatchbuck enables me to automate my marketing/recruiting activities for the Weekend MBA Program. There are no more instances of prospects falling through the cracks as I am able to develop relevant messages and campaigns that I am able to disseminate to my stakeholders in timely fashion. There are no limits to the number of e-mails that can be sent and tracking the performance of those e-mails, i.e., opens, clicks, bounces, etc. is also helpful. Another feature I use quite a bit is the sales pipeline. I now know how many viable prospects I have in the system and at what precise stage they are at. What's also nice is that the investment in the program, unlike many other better know CRMs, is all inclusive.

Mayur Thapar

A great CRM and marketing system for small businesses.

Reviewed 2018-07-15

The application offers user-friendly graphical user interface. The customer service is very knowledgeable and responsive. Based on the actions of your contact, you can automate trigger emails and reminders. One of the best features is that you can see who all open your emails and the email marketing gets you know about what the users click on. You can track the progress of your campaigns and how well they were received. You can easily merge your contacts from your earlier CRMs. You can categorize the application for clients from several industries. The application does great contact management and is well integrated with social media.

Taylor Hays

Flexible Enough to be Utilized in Most Marketing Plans

Reviewed 2017-12-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Hatchbuck is a great software for both large and small companies. It is one of the only services I have found flexible enough to be tailored to my many clients.The customer service is by far the greatest asset this software has. Hatchbuck is extremely customizable which is excellent when working with clients in many different industries but can present a challenge when deciding which categorizations and tag to use when building the system. Hatchbuck's customer service team is always on-call to help assist in any way necessary.

Christoph Kr

Product Update 2017: untested, too many bugs, makes customers lose credibility as features simply do not work

Reviewed 2017-05-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Also, the relaunch did not bring the features which were somewhat announces, e.g. imap integration only possible for gmail as of now.Very nice people in service, easy to use. Pricing is all right, looks nice, has some nice dashboard eye candy

Karl Hindle

Outstanding Customer Support and Functionality You Can Use!

Reviewed 2016-12-07

Onboarding & Support I've had a stellar experience with Hatchbuck from the initial demo, and most importantly through to onboarding and getting the system configured. This is a standout part of the Hatchbuck offer, especially after coming from a larger automation platform. Functionality & Ease of Use You don't get all the functionality you are likely to have compared to say, Marketo, but what you do get is eminently usable and capable almost out-of-the-box. I would like to see an ability to integrate with Outlook, as we miss the ability to send tracking emails individually directly from our Outlook client, but it's not a dealbreaker. Price This was a big issue for us as we operate a relatively large universe - Hatchbuck's pricing structure allows me to run a universe that size without hitting me for increasing levels of charge (unlike Hubspot or Marketo, whose price-per-unit seems to increase as you scale). Simple to use, easy to configure, and can get to work and ROI fast. Scales easily with pricing not restricting records you put into it.

Sarah Bernard

Hatchbuck user for many years

Reviewed 2018-10-31

The customer service and overall ease of use of Hatchbuck is fantastic. We always get a quick response to all of our questions. And it's a great place to store nearly all of our business information.What we love the most about Hatchbuck is the simplicity of setting up campaigns and sending out mass emails to our database with metrics to measure results.

Pat Kalamatas

Haven't had a bad experience with it yet, awesome CRM

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Amazing experience, software is easy to use. The support team is awesome, anytime I have a question they respond quickly and politely. They make me feel like one of their top clients, even though I'm nowhere near that.Email Drop Campaigns Email Templates Provided Easy to Use

Jenna Montgomery

Great CRM for Small Business

Reviewed 2018-06-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Hatchbuck offers a tiered pricing plan, which is great for small businesses trying and starting a CRM program. It's hard to beat the features and price of Hatchbuck. The program does well two features that a small business really needs: contact management and email marketing.

Don Purdy

Hatchbuck Helps Drive Enrollment Growth for University at Albany's Weekend MBA Program

Reviewed 2016-02-05

Adopting the Hatchbuck CRM a year and a half ago has transformed and modernized the marketing, and hence the recruiting, for UAlbany's executive Weekend MBA Program. We were able to automate many tasks that had to be previously performed manually. We created landing pages which automatically filled records in Hatchbuck when they were submitted and we tied campaigns to certain actions so that we were able to quickly respond to prospects who were looking for information on the program. Setting up campaigns also enabled us to send relevant messages to contacts in a timely fashion, a feature unavailable in our last CRM. Through campaigns, we were also able to recognize individuals' milestones and follow up on program events, to name a couple of uses. The task feature is also helpful for keeping track of important action items and scheduling them at the most opportune time. The onboarding process took several weeks and we were able to successfully overcome a few speed bumps along the way. Overall, the customer service has been very good, especially during the time that I was learning the software. I don't consider myself to be technically savvy but the software was very intuitive to use and the customer support was quick to respond if you had a question. After two years of declining enrollments, Hatchbuck, along with other factors, played a key role in the program experiencing a nearly 60% enrollment increase over the previous year. That, coupled with the time savings and added efficiency, has made it a very wise investment for the program. It is an investment that returns considerable dividends daily!

Adam Montgomery

Really good value for your money

Reviewed 2017-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Hatchbuck does everything well, just not great. It is a basic CRM that offers a solid suite of tools to help you manager your pool of customers. The best feature of Hatchbuck are the email marketing tools. Although a little challenging to grasp at first, the build your own template tool is a great way to create content and get it out in front of your customers in a quick and professional manner. For what you pay, you won't find a better CRM on the market. For those who are just stepping into the world of CRMs, Hatchbuck is a great place to start.

Shah Turner

Great small business solution - Intuitive, feature-filled, clean interface

Reviewed 2017-01-10

There are a lot of CMS platforms out there but this one is the one I've settled on because it has certain features that you need to pay a LOT extra for on larger platforms, such as click-tracking. The name is kinda weird and I don't believe it's the cheapest solution out there, after all, there are others that are free. However, Hatchbuck makes it possible to set up sales funnels with ease, and without complicating things. The onboarding process is relatively simple - you don't need a degree to wade through it all and their customer support team is super friendly. My only problem with Hatchbuck is that I don't use it more, which is my problem, not theirs. A great solution for small businesses that want powerful features without the hefty price tag of the CMS giants out there.The interface, customer support and certain features that seem to integrate well with my sales process.

Bob Shallenberger

Hatchbuck power user going on third year...

Reviewed 2015-09-10

There are tons of cloud-based CRM platforms out there to choose from. None offer the full package and scope of mail marketing and contact traceability that Hatchbuck offers. The competition costs much more and offers much less.Email campaign tracking, social network linking, deal tracking, open, click, and interaction charting. No CRM since Goldmine in the 90's has made it so easy to create email campaigns on the fly based on contact response and interaction. And Goldmine was (and still is) ridiculously cumbersome and expensive to use, program, and manage. Hatchbuck is not. And unlike Constant Contact, the emails that go out through Hatchbuck don't look canned...they look like they could be one-off emails sent from one human to another.

Patti Peeples

High ROI Marketing Automation Platform - Made a difference to my business in 1 year

Reviewed 2016-12-08

Hatchbuck helped us attain a 15% increase in our sales and make my business marketing objectives less overwhelming, more targeted, and more individualized. We now have a way of segmenting our customer base, and nurturing leads automatically, freeing up sales rep time to focus on other sales.Ease of use; automatic nurturing campaigns.

Sebastian Ramirez

A simple and easy-to-use marketing automation tool for companies that want to save time and money.

Reviewed 2016-02-08

I was researching for some inbound marketing tools and the results were always the same: an ultra expensive system with tons of features that neither me or someone in my organisation will set up in the incoming two weeks. However, one day I found Hatchbuck and since then I fell in love with it! Hatchbuck is the tool that adapts the most to my marketing plan: email marketing, lead scoring and tracking of my customers and the products they are most interested in. It didn't took me more than 2 hours to understand hatchbuck entirely. They also have a lot of tutorials and training materials to make easier the interaction. After setting up Hatchbuck according to my needs I was able to send my first campaign and take advantage of the system features specially the tagging and scoring system. Something I do appreciate is Hatchbuck's customer service: They are so helpful and kind, they scheduled calls to show me all the features of the system and how to integrate it with my website and my customer flow. Although Hatchbuck automates all the email campaigns and track the interaction of my customers among the website and email campaigns, I kinda miss an integration with social networks that let me see the big picture of my marketing plan that involves stats and conversion rates from my website, social networks and email campaigns. I definitelly recommend Hatchbuck to small and medium companies who want to automate their marketing and sales in a simple way, saving time and money.

Katherine DeRosear

A World Class Marketing and Managing Solution to Create Meaningful Relationships

Reviewed 2016-12-08

The entire Hatcbuck engagement process is world class! Starting with its marketing website to setting up our account and subsequent customer service, the Hatchbuck team has been responsive and the system is more powerful than I could ever expect! In addition to providing innovative and intuitive technology, Hatchbuck also provides great resources and guides that help to create a coherent strategy for managing emerging and existing clients. The Hatchbuck logic model for interacting with our contacts, including educating them on our products and services, makes our team more efficient and effective. I researched a lot of CRM's that also integrate marketing features. I have previous experience using multiple systems for contact management, event management, and communications management, which was overwhelming and became a job to maintain. Hatcbuck includes all of this functionality accessible through a single platform. This is amazing, and I am happy I selected Hatchbuck to support our Marketing Team, Sales Team and Account Managers.It is intuitive and is built upon a solid logic model.

Jim OKeefe

Awesome! So far, it meets and exceeds my customer nurturing needs.

Reviewed 2014-08-30
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the webpage forms and link click capture (via imbedded scripts) to register new leads and track their interest. Likewise, I love the ability to capture clicks in email and add tags and actions.

Undine McEvoy

Hatchbuck is worth taking a close look at for your small business

Reviewed 2017-02-01

Our small business started using Hatchbuck in 2016 after using Highrise as our Client manager for many years. Hatchbuck has so much more to offer the small business. The best feature is the ability to create email campaigns tailored for unique audiences and buyers. This feature lets us easily communicate and follow-up with buyers for our services and differentiate them from our reader audience. The Hatchbuck staff was great at getting our team up to speed and is always there when we need them.Great Value for the product

Jenna Whitson

Inexpensive and Super User-Friendly

Reviewed 2018-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

This is an awesome CRM software! I'm in love with the dashboard which is always up to date. It also works with email campaigns and integrates very well.

Megan Carriker

B2B crm + marketing automation in one place

Reviewed 2017-06-02
Review Source: Software Advice

I've already recommended Hatchbuck to too many people in person.The price is phenomenal for what you're getting in a single place. Other marketing automation tools cost /month and then you have to buy a CRM on top of that - HB makes it great to have everything in a single location. Their support is stellar and their feature set is really beautiful for SMBs.

Tim Rose

2nd best ROI you can make! Seriously!

Reviewed 2015-06-19
Review Source: Software Advice

We looked at many other services, including Salesforce and Infusionsoft. Both of those offered a ton of features, 75% of which we didn't need, including the cost. We have found that Hatchbuck had BY FAR the best training, and the easiest interface. We have 1 dedicated employee running HB, and after 1 month, we have literally lit 20% of our ice cold leads on fire! Hatchbuck is like napalm for your sales leads. Gets them hot and keep it that way. We have learned that by staying in front of your customers, it at the least, allows you to stay in the game against your competitors. Prior to HB, we were MANUALLY SENDING EMAILS 1x1 via Gmail. We thought we had this under control until 75% of our cold leads had purchased from our competitor due to our lack of communication. If you are considering a way to build a relationship with every potential lead, seriously, don't hesitate!

Jeff Toren

Best bang for the buck in the CRM marketplace!

Reviewed 2016-12-07

As a long time user of other software, I can't believe how many capabilities come out of the box with Hatchbuck. It's easy to use, easy to configure and my users love the system!ease of use and value