Qualtrics CoreXM Reviews

Qualtrics CoreXM

Customer insights & brand research survey management tool

4.77/5 (324 reviews)

Pros
  • The best part is that the tool is mobile friendly and you can organize your survey efficiently. I liked the customer service too as they are quick to resolve all queries.Shekar J.Read the full review
  • What I love most about Qualtrics is the suite of tool built into the software to help analysis the results. I also appreciate all the options in crafting the survey.Cody E.Read the full review
  • I love that Qualtrics is so intuitive and has so much functionality built in. I also love that they are consistently working to improve it and roll out other useful features.Amanda K.Read the full review
Cons
  • One other negative, you can't have two people working on a project at once - it gets buggy and changes get lost. It's also difficult to have two Qualtrics pages open in your browser at once.Amanda K.Read the full review
  • There are only a few things that we have found the software incapable of doing, and they have been rather minor. We did request that the company add them to their "to-do" list.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • It is so robust that a new user can struggle with its functions. Also, the surveys can be kind of confusing but that is likely due to the author making them confusing.Mike S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Andrew Pickering, MPH

Designed to Advance your metrics

Reviewed 2019-09-03

This tools is fantastic for working with our Faculty and Researchers. They expect in-depth analysis and appreciate the power of Qualtrics. Our staff and administrative personnel have all learned to use Qualtrics and most of my co-workers find it easy to use and can adapt it to their various needs. This is a great option for anyone looking for a variety of analytics for surveying, and can be adapted to simpler projects as well.

Pros
The most useful part of Qualtrics is the depth of analytics you receive on your surveys, questionnaires, and other tools. In real time, as you develop your surveys you are given insights into how your data can be analyzed. It is designed to help you get the data you need back without asking unnecessary questions. The menu for building out surveys is very easy to use and the number of options and variety in types of questions gives you the ability to develop them exactly how you want. Conditional formatting is easy to implement, and there are many ways to incorporate other media into your survey/questionnaire. The surveys are built to be compatible in mobile without any additional design input as well.

Cons
At times Qualtrics is a more powerful tool than you need. I find that there are some users who adapt to Qualtrics quickly, but others simply do not need it. If you are asking straight-forward surveys and only need basic analysis, you can find easier and lower cost tools. Some people can be overwhelmed by the options and the "analysis" that come with the variety of question-types. That being said, this can be a one-size-fits-all solution, but there will be some training and trial and error involved.

Ho'omana Nathan Horton

Most powerful and versatile paid data collection tool I've used

Reviewed 2019-09-18

If you're willing to invest the time in exploring their documentation and tutorials and your experience will be much easier and more productive. Qualtrics allows for a huge amount of customization in order to collect and safely store, organize, and analyze a wide variety of data. Highly recommend it!

Pros
Qualtrics offers more options for survey creation and distribution than nearly any other survey platform I've used, and makes data collection, storage, and analysis a fairly painless process. I'm currently using Qualtrics to distribute linguistic research to a targeted population. The anonymizing features make the software particularly attractive for the sensitive nature of some of the data I'm collecting. The output format of the data is also highly pliable and can be output into any number of analysis platforms, from Excel to SPSS and others.

Cons
It's not always very user friendly up front, but they have great documentation and with a little work, you can become an expert quickly.

Madeline Meyer

Great for preliminary understanding of the market

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-02-21

This has been a great tool for us as we start initial marketing strategies with our clients. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros
I have used Qualtrics for surveys and data analysis for a couple of years now, part from market research projects during college. But now, we use Qualtrics as an effective way to send surveys to customers of our clients and get their feedback on the client's products/services. I love how easy it is to build out the surveys and analyze the results. Customer support/our Qualtrics rep has also been great in helping us structure the questions to make sure they are phrased correctly and are fair to the people answering them.

Cons
From the experiences I've had with Qualtrics, I wouldn't say there are many cons. I think depending on how in-depth of research you are doing, the phrasing of questions can get kind of tricky. For instance, when using the tool for an undergrad research project, we had to be very careful in choosing the types of questions we asked in order for it to be relevant to our initial hypothesis. But this is a more general word of caution than a drawback to the tool itself.

Highly reliable software

Reviewed 2019-12-18

It is very reliable software to collect responses which use can extend from students' feedback, tracking of students experiments to collect event registrations and abstract submissions. With some updates, it can become a fantastic multi-tasking software.

Pros
Highly user-friendly and most of its features require no programming skills (as a user, not as an administrator) with a nice working environment. It is quite flexible software and can be used as a conference management tool to track registrations and even handle the abstract submission, review and the subsequent revisions

Cons
Some parts require basic skills of programming (eg in the appearance of the form, the adjustment of the font style and position, or in the design of the automatic replies). More flexibility in uploading data from other forms would make this product very helpfull and more versatile. Moreover, deleting selected responses takes forever and decrease its ease of use. Similarly, it would be ideal if the data file wouldn't be disturbed once there is an addition of a question (currently it doesn't move the old data to the relevant cell when a new column is added). Last but not least, it would be great if the data mapping from other forms could be used in a user-friendly way to create automatic responses (currently even with the help of academic staff from Computer Sciences, we couldn't resolve the issue)

Steve Burdette

An adequate tool for measuring customer experience

Reviewed 2019-10-19

Qualtrics offers a nice dashboard that shows all of your current projects. It is intuitive to create new projects and offers a diverse array of options for those projects. However, I find that it is not as easy to create "advanced" projects in Qualtrics as in other software.

Pros
Easy to configure an NPS question and link into existing studies, offers industry standard studies like SUS "out of the box." (Or our administrator made templates that look like built-in features)

Cons
It was more difficult to customize the questions in Qualtrics than in other products used to manage user surveys.

Anonymous

Great tools but costly and customizing can be tricky/very difficult

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Overall, I like the tools, but the look and feel aspects need major improvements to let the end user select how it looks. The brand admin interface there also needs to reflect a full range of options.

Pros
The survey design is very user friendly with the exception of a few question types (eg, calendar selections require some simple java for anything reasonable). The data analysis side is fantastic and really stands out.

Cons
The cost is very high in comparison to some other tools. You are paying a lot, but an unlimited admin license is very handy for our environment. You do get a good amount for the cost. Customizing the look and feel of the tool is super complicated and for anything beyond basics, you need custom CSS and headers. Test this thoroughly before purchase. The "branded themes" they make for you cannot be further edited at the admin level - super frustrating! The textIQ analysis likely isn't worth it for complicated feedback.

Quality Data Gathering and Analytics tool

Reviewed 2019-12-09

Our district uses this tool survey the public, our patrons, and district wide staff regarding various things. It has been a good tool to help our district decide on general direction needed to go in certain areas, and provides us with a fairly comprehensive graphical view of the data gathered. It's been a generally good experience, but does not meet our other forms needs. Its really just a survey data gathering tools with enhanced analytics, nothing more.

Pros
The forms setup to gather data is a straight forward and fairly intuitive. You have some workflow items available for notifications and other such tasks which come in handy. Our communications director uses the data analytics heavily to assess overall patron opinion throughout the district, and then develops communication out to the public accordingly.

Cons
It's a little more expensive than it probably should be. We looked at several other like applications and found that this product was certainly near the top in regard to price.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jay Mitchell

Best survey tool on the market

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Qualtrics has been absolutely vital in allowing us to better understand how our customers feel about our products and brands. We have been able to make a lot better business decisions based off of survey results from Qualtrics.

Pros
Qualtrics is easily one of the best survey tools out there. Pretty much the only limit to the types of questions and data you can get is your imagination. Surveys are becoming more and more valuable as you try to provide the best user experience for your customers, and Qualtrics is the king of surveys.

Cons
If you're looking for a simple survey without a lot of complexity, Qaultrics might not be for you. Because of how complex you can get, Qualtrics seems more geared towards the harder/more in-depth surveys. that's not to say you can't use Qualtrics for even the simplest of surveys, you just won't be getting the best bang for your buck. Some of the data exports can come back not user friendly as well.

Cody Eller

Top of the Line Survey Tool

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Overall, my experience with Qualtrics is great! I have used the software for many different projects ranging in scope and each time the software performed excellently.

Pros
What I love most about Qualtrics is the suite of tool built into the software to help analysis the results. I also appreciate all the options in crafting the survey. One of my favorites is the ability to add a skip pattern in the survey. This is very advantageous when working in the social sciences field.

Cons
I can not think of many cons when it comes to Qualtrics. I really enjoy using their product. The only big consideration with this software is the price tag. That said, I believe it is worth it.

Nicholas Judd

Simple tool to conduct surveys

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-06

I was an officer of a student organization and to obtain info from our members we would often send out surveys via Qualtrics. My fellow officers and myself came to rely on Qualtrics whenever we needed to make a decision that involved others in our organization.

Pros
Being able to create and monitor surveys in a simple yet effective manner. This is a great site for anyone wanting to make a survey because they give you the necessary tools to create basic ones and much more complex ones.

Cons
Nothing. I did have to try numerous times in order to finally create my survey successfully but once I was familiar with the site it was a piece of cake.

Anonymous

It's the best - but the future is concerning

Reviewed 2019-10-05

Qualtrics is excellent all around, and has been the standard survey software among academic researchers for years for a reason. However, while the base platform is great, the organization is far from perfect. I had numerous issues deploying the offline app. After months of contacting support -- and getting zero explanation as to why my account, which was enabled for the offline app, could not access the app. After months of bothering them, they did something -- didn't tell me what -- and it worked. Their support team, while friendly, wasn't knowledgeable about their survey app and couldn't connect me with someone who was. Their best information regarding app crashes was that "the development team says it's buggy." Not super helpful considering the additional fee for the app. The timing of these experiences with support -- the same time that the Qualtrics company was sold, and immediately refocused toward the "customer experience" and CRM products they make -- has me concerned about the future of Qualtrics for academic research.

Pros
Building and deploying a basic survey in Qualtrics is very easy. Every step of the process, from writing questions to survey launch and distribution will be simple as long as you allow it to be. For advanced users, Qualtrics offers a number of methods for building in complex survey logic (such as skip patterns, display patterns, and survey flow mapping). Additionally, the built-in question types can be modified using JavaScript, allowing advanced users to ensure that the question "works" exactly as designed, without compromise. Sending the survey is exceedingly easy as long as you've got someone to send it to. Followups with those who haven't respond can be automated through their email system as well. Exporting data to a variety of formats upon survey completion is simple. As long as you've done everything right within Qualtrics, the quality of the data you export should be pretty high.

Cons
The data analysis options offered within Qualtrics are weak, as are the data cleaning options. This is a non-issue for smaller, or non-scientific surveys. However, for most of its existence Qualtrics has been licensed by universities worldwide specifically for use in scientific studies. Less experienced researchers may be misled by these lacking tools and produce inaccurate analyses based on them. The Qualtrics survey platform also offers an offline application -- for an additional fee -- which is extremely weak. It does not work with many functions that a survey used primarily online may include, such as the "request response" option. It's also prone to crashing for no clear reason. Users dealing with protected health information (i.e. those who need to be HIPAA compliant) should consider other options. While Qualtrics does consider themselves "self-assessed" to be HIPAA compliant, they do not enter business associate agreements with clients (so, they do not take liability for the protection of the data); other platforms, such as SurveyMonkey, offer full HIPAA compliance with a BAA.

Grace DiDomenico DiDomenico

Survey platform with the most functionality, although drawbacks for some research designs.

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Pros
Out of the all the survey platforms I have tried (survey monkey, wufoo, google forms etc.), Qualtrics has the most flexibility and functionality, without compromising the intuitive, user-friendly layout. Building surveys is painless, and when building more complicated surveys, I never hesitate to call the support team because of the short wait time and COMPREHENSIVE, USEFUL HELP. Qualtrics allows our lab to create, share and score surveys EFFICIENTLY. With the `Library, we can store surveys, blocks, and questions, which can be copied, edited or referenced in future projects. We have a personal libraries, and shared lab library. `Scoring saves us days of data cleaning. We can score a survey multiple times for different categories we create (ex. categories like Depression Score, Hopelessness Subscale Score). We also can customize the point value of the question items. This is important when the Likert Scale does not follow 1-5, or when a question needs to be reverse coded. When we need more advanced/customizable calculations we use embedded data (ex. converting sum to word labels depending on cutoffs). With scoring features, data can be expertorted and ready for analysis with VERY MINIMAL data cleaning. Before I explain the cons, I want to lead with saying support is always open and grateful for feedback and has even reached out to speak with me about what features I would like to be added.

Cons
Although useful, scoring is cumbersome, and confusing. 1. 'Scoring' does not automatically set the items point value based on how it is recoded (items need to be reverse coded when inputting AND scoring). 3. Scoring does not stay with a survey when added to library 4. Scoring also has glitched numerous times not allowing me to create new scoring categories. Support has yet to reach out to me about a solution (over 8mns later). Embedded data (ED) also causes issues. 1. ED is case sensitive, so you must be very careful when inputting ED in logic or piped text. Often my logic is not working, or data is wrong, simply because I have an extra space at the end of my ED. Qualtrics should add the ability to choose ED you set from a dropdown eliminating this problem 3. ED has glitches for me not allowing me to view certain dropdown options in Survey Flow (also unexplained by Support) Survey flow is also quite cumbersome. When working with a complex survey (a lot of logic/branches/ED) it is hard to navigate. Survey Flow should have a side bar of levels for easier management. Survey flow would also benefit from having a 'checker' for incorrect logic or ED, keeping me from having to use the trial and error method. Other features I would like to see to the platform, 1. conditional formatting for email triggers. 2. ability to breakdown a survey report by individual 3. ability to link surveys reports together to look at data over time (ex. weekly report of anxiety symptoms).

Virginia Moench

I've been using Qualtrics for over a year and all I can say is WOW!

Reviewed 2017-11-27

The product is intuitive, easy to use, and the online training videos made the system easy to learn as well. Implementation went very smoothly thanks to the Qualtrics employees that worked with us on setting up single-sign on and our more complex surveys. The surveys look modern, and the questions are versatile (which makes it more fun to take surveys). In my opinion, this has led to higher response rates, overall. It's also easy to analyze the data and send out reports.

Pros
The intuitive, user-friendly interface makes building surveys a breeze. There are many different question types to choose from so it's easy to find one to fit your needs, and additional survey options (such as branching, embedded data, customized messages, email triggers, and more) make the instrument very versatile. Qualtrics is also modern looking and mobile friendly, and I have seen survey response rates increase since its inception. I have had the pleasure of working with several Qualtrics employees during implementation and found them to be extremely helpful and professional. No matter what I ask, they deliver, and quickly too! Even when I think I have a problem they can't solve, they come up with a solution that works. I also appreciate that the product is constantly evolving and making improvements based on customer feedback.

Cons
Depending on the amount of data, the Report interface can be slow to load. Also, when exporting reports to a word document or PDF, the graphs sometimes appear blurry and can be difficult to read.

Amanda Kalliainen

Great Product and It Keeps Getting Better

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Overall I really love Qualtrics. I'd highly recommend it. It allows for great collaboration, I like that I can customize using Java or HTML, and it also applies to many types of research. The other cores are also great. I'm always excited about the newest feature rollouts and it seems they're always getting better.

Pros
I love that Qualtrics is so intuitive and has so much functionality built in. I also love that they are consistently working to improve it and roll out other useful features. I seldom find it's missing something that I need for my job.

Cons
I have hated the reporting and dashboard functionality, as well as the administration dashboard. It's not that they're terrible, but I can create better stuff for myself by downloading the raw data and manipulating it in Excel. HOWEVER, we do have major dashboard, reporting, and administration updates coming in the next month which sound very promising and like great improvements. One other negative, you can't have two people working on a project at once - it gets buggy and changes get lost. It's also difficult to have two Qualtrics pages open in your browser at once. I've managed to manipulate it to a degree, but it doesn't do super well.

Jason Hill

I love experimenting with new ways I can use Qualtrics every day!

Reviewed 2018-03-31

We have started to use Qualtrics and its API to capture data from users and then pass that data into our other systems. We have been developing so many ways to automate processes on our campus and Qualtrics is becoming the engine that drives the automation, but also the main interface for the end user. For example, we have been using for self enrollment for certain faculty development courses. A faculty member goes to a registration page, which is actually just a Qualtrics form, fills out a little data and then clicks the Registration button. The faculty member is then automatically enrolled in the selected course in Canvas. That's just one small use case that saves a bunch of admin time.

Pros
I literally use Qualtrics for everything but surveys. We use it as a form tool, quizzing engine, LMS course enrollment, and so much more. If you want to capture any type of data from a customer and literally do anything you want with it, you need to take a good look at Qualtrics.

Cons
One feature I wish was available in Qualtrics would be the ability to use 'Switch' statements in the survey tool. It's set up so that you have to use tons of 'If' statements to set embedded data (variables) to specific data.

Jennifer Pardi-Cusick, MBA, PMP

The Gold Standard

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Another thing to consider when evaluating Qualtrics is that they have an incredible support team. From your account manager, to your success manager, to the random people you connect with within the support organization, everyone has been stellar. I know that if I have a problem or even a random question, they will make sure I'm taken care of. It's a great relationship and they really care about each of their customers on an individual level.

Pros
Where to begin? Qualtrics is truly the gold standard in survey software. They have built an exemplary product over the years and keep adding more inventive features to be a whole system solution. Unlike other softwares that are either easy and basic with limited functionality or powerful with a steep learning curve, Research Core is both easy to use at a very basic level and has the power to handle any sophisticated needs you can think of. I've yet to run into a way to survey that the software can't pull off.

Cons
The only thing I can think of is one time that I found an incomplete answer in the knowledge base, but that's me REALLY trying to think of a negative.

mark hilliard

A very powerful survey application, very intuitive to use! Extremely flexible, superb support

Reviewed 2017-09-04

great survey tools obviously, but we have built some wonderful educational applications as well Without the flexibility of Qualtrics we would never have even tried to create these apps on our own.

Pros
The broad variety of question types, the generally intuitive inteface that lets you start simply, but encourages you to explore its more poweful features. I like the ability to easily get data out in a variety of formats (SPSS, CSV, etc) and add Tableau support was a huge plus!!! The ability to customize the look and feel is very nice, and the flexible distribution options (email, anonymous links, etc) work very well for us. The ability to embed objects in the GUI Editor is awesome, we have built training, teaching modules in Qualtrics without advanced tech help just because the tools are so easy to use!!

Cons
the Table of Contents tool is limited by rules put on place for surveys. We'd like to see educational options settings that would allow more creative use of Qualtrics for educational use.

Jason Hill

Qualtrics: More Than Just a Survey

Reviewed 2016-08-15

Qualtrics is much more than survey software. In fact, I use it for everything but surveys. I've begun the creation of Quick-Help support tool that is powered by Qualtrics. A user is taken down specific path based on his/her individual needs. After entering the needed information, emails are fired off to the people who can fulfill the user's request. The ability to use Qualtrics as my own kind of ticket support system is crucial to fulfilling our users' needs in a systematic and efficient way.

Pros
I love how granular you can get with every type of action you want to perform. You can use general methods for logic, or create your own with ease. Qualtrics is can be generic as you want, or as customizable as you need.

Cons
I wish Qualtrics wouldn't charge for additional question types. For example, add the form upload and signature question types, you have to pay a fee for each.

Matthew Mikkelsen

Versatile solution that capably supports my organization's online data collection needs

Reviewed 2017-07-19

Streamlines and expedites the collection, analysis, and dissemination of large volumes of data across the organization, putting staff in closer control of their projects.

Pros
It handles all phases of the online data collection in a variety of modes, whether surveys are distributed by email, posted online, shared via social media, etc. Developers make constant improvements and welcome input from users. It includes a lot of lesser-known but very handy features that improve the experience for survey respondents and researchers alike. Although it's mainly point-and-click based, it does allow some customizations with html, css, and javascript for those who are familiar with them. The design control is user friendly; with Qualtrics it takes little effort to create visually appealing online surveys and forms! Finally, in an enterprise account like ours, the number of different options that can be enabled and disabled for users sets Qualtrics far apart from other tools I've used.

Cons
I would like to see a little more customization available for standard respondent messages, and enhanced validation between numeric fields and with calculations. Bounced email diagnostics would also be very helpful to have.

Heather Walders

This product is offered to students and staff at my university to use through our single sign-in.

Reviewed 2018-06-08

As an Outreach Clinician on a college campus I frequently have to get opinions, interests, and availability of multiple contacts in a variety of demographics and as a user I am able to share others contact databases and view ongoing projects. Using this as an RSVP function allows me to gather interest, plan events, take reservations and easily reach out to respondents who have/have not responded (but it would be easier it more contacts could be added to ONE distribution after the fact to reduce the number of them that have to be sent when there are stragglers.)

Pros
Trackability and ease of statistical evaluation when you're not a math-minded individual. There are plenty of "how-to's" and user instructions for producing high quality surveys quickly.

Cons
How the contacts work for adding more contacts to a signal distribution. Also, there is some trouble in getting the import function for .csv files for contacts.

Kathleen Chaballa

Excellent experiences with Qualtrics!

Reviewed 2018-07-16

An easy to use system that not only collects data, but allows us to also create reports - both reports that we can export, and reports that we can share via link.

Pros
This software is very easy to use. When working with people with various skill levels, it's nice to have a system that anyone can learn. We really like the variety of question types and the ability to create custom reports from the data. Customer service is also outstanding - whenever I've had an issue, they've been able to talk me through it fairly quickly. The support reps are very well trained. The support site is also great. I also know from past experience that Qualtrics does look at suggestions sent by users , and I appreciate that they have implemented changes to the system based on user feedback. Because of that, I always encourage people to let Qualtrics know if there's an issue or if there's a feature they'd like to see.

Cons
We're a non-profit and it's a little pricey; I wish they had smaller packages for non-profits and small organizations, or monthly options for some features (i.e. SMS messaging - we only need this a few times a year.)

Katie Dransfield

No better way to collect data

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-09

Qualtrics is an amazing software. It has really helped me when working with HR needs assessments or other data collecting activities.

Pros
Collecting and analyzing data with Qualtrics is easy. From setup, to design, to distribution, Qualtrics has your back. It is constantly giving you tips and tricks to make your research better. This only helps you in the long run.

Cons
Depending on what level of account you have, you can be limited in response options. Unlimited everything is the way to go if you're going to be utilizing the software often or have a lot of responses you intend to collect.

Ryan Obray

Qualtrics Gets It

Reviewed 2019-01-18

We leverage the Qualtrics Research Platform to drive key decisions for the overall direction of our organization, assess the needs and well being of those associated to our organization and on and on. We truly cover the full spectrum of use with this product and it has been absolutely critical in the decision making process and in helping us drive forward in our work. Qualtrics simply has it together.

Pros
Qualtrics is well run from top to bottom. Their products are excellent, intuitive and are capable of supporting customers of all variations. Unlike so many companies that get one thing right and then drop the ball in another area, Qualtrics excels at every level. Their software is excellent, their integration support and API is excellent and their support is hands down the absolute best in the tech industry. There's really no question in my mind why they were gobbled up before they could complete their IPO.

Cons
Because I typically have to deal with low level interaction with Qualtrics (APIs etc.) my ONLY complaint is that they have a lot of undocumented features. However, their support is THE BEST and they always help me through finding those features when I need them.

Anonymous

Powerful survey tool with user-friendly interface

Reviewed 2018-08-20

Pros
The functionality of Qualtrics has dramatically improved over the past five years. There is now much more flexibility in customization, saving questions to blocks and libraries, analysis and reporting, and even appearance. There is a big range of question types and lots of options for customization for each question, and it's easy to drag-and-drop to rearrange the survey. There are some powerful analysis tools and you can easily download your data in different formats (CSV, TSV, SPSS, XML, etc.). The user/survey-taker side is clear and has been problem-free for our needs.

Cons
Can sometimes run into issues with scrolling and saving changes to surveys when using Qualtrics on my iPad.

Chad Ian Peddie

Excellent Platform

Reviewed 2018-04-26

In this day and age, having mobile-friendly administration of data is key. This massive organization uses many data collection products/vendors, but Qualtrics is the only that I know of which works mobile administration into processes so easily

Pros
The analytics options for performing certain data manipulations in the system before exporting data makes developing reports a very quick process. I love the chat-based support function as well.

Cons
I find it odd that when removing (decrementing) cases from data sets, as I always do to remove preview data, that the time that the system takes to update numbers is rather long. I chatted with product support one day and was given a work-around (i.e., add an embedded data survey block in survey flows), but is still odd.