All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Qualtrics CoreXM Reviews

Pros

The best part is that the tool is mobile friendly and you can organize your survey efficiently. I liked the customer service too as they are quick to resolve all queries.

Shekar J.

Read the full review
What I love most about Qualtrics is the suite of tool built into the software to help analysis the results. I also appreciate all the options in crafting the survey.

Cody E.

Amanda K.

Amanda K.

Read the full review
There are only a few things that we have found the software incapable of doing, and they have been rather minor. We did request that the company add them to their "to-do" list.

Designed to Advance your metrics

This tools is fantastic for working with our Faculty and Researchers. They expect in-depth analysis and appreciate the power of Qualtrics. Our staff and administrative personnel have all learned to use Qualtrics and most of my co-workers find it easy to use and can adapt it to their various needs. This is a great option for anyone looking for a variety of analytics for surveying, and can be adapted to simpler projects as well.

Pros

The most useful part of Qualtrics is the depth of analytics you receive on your surveys, questionnaires, and other tools. In real time, as you develop your surveys you are given insights into how your data can be analyzed. It is designed to help you get the data you need back without asking unnecessary questions. The menu for building out surveys is very easy to use and the number of options and variety in types of questions gives you the ability to develop them exactly how you want. Conditional formatting is easy to implement, and there are many ways to incorporate other media into your survey/questionnaire. The surveys are built to be compatible in mobile without any additional design input as well.

Cons

At times Qualtrics is a more powerful tool than you need. I find that there are some users who adapt to Qualtrics quickly, but others simply do not need it. If you are asking straight-forward surveys and only need basic analysis, you can find easier and lower cost tools. Some people can be overwhelmed by the options and the "analysis" that come with the variety of question-types. That being said, this can be a one-size-fits-all solution, but there will be some training and trial and error involved.

Data Collection and Analysis Made Easy

We have used Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey for larger surveys (50-100 questions) about students' experiences and Qualtrics makes manipulating the date very simple. It's easy to filter and export the data if you want to use Excel to do a bit more digging.

Pros

I primarily use SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, and Qualtrics for surveying my students. Qualtrics is adopted by our University on a wider scale and we have access to all features. Qualtrics is a very capable, easy to use tool. There are a lot of helpful resources online that can be used to make the most of the features.

Cons

If you are looking for a short and quick form to collect simple data, like signups, that don't require any data analysis, it is often easier to set it up in Google Forms or O365 than in Qualtrics. Qualtrics needs many more clicks for a simple survey than other (free) options.

An adequate tool for measuring customer experience

Qualtrics offers a nice dashboard that shows all of your current projects. It is intuitive to create new projects and offers a diverse array of options for those projects. However, I find that it is not as easy to create "advanced" projects in Qualtrics as in other software.

Pros

Easy to configure an NPS question and link into existing studies, offers industry standard studies like SUS "out of the box." (Or our administrator made templates that look like built-in features)

Cons

It was more difficult to customize the questions in Qualtrics than in other products used to manage user surveys.

Cadillac of Survey Software

We've been using Qualtrics for over 8 years now. As a boutique market research firm, we were looking for a full-featured online survey tool that was also cost effective. We were impressed with everything Qualtrics had to offer right off the bat, and I've continued to be impressed with the innovations and improvements they've deployed over the years. Our one complaint is that the price has crept up over the years to the point that it's significantly higher than we were paying 4-5 years ago. But that being said, we have yet to find another survey software that is as fully-featured and easy to use as Qualtrics.

Pros

Qualtrics is very user-friendly and makes it easy to program and manage complex surveys that are mobile-friendly. We can program advanced routing and conditional logic, incorporate media into the surveys to test, and export the data into the various formats and reports we need.

Cons

The costs have increased significantly over the years, and their customer support team will not help with some advanced programing capabilities, such as incorporating javascript into the surveys (you can use javascript, but you're on your own if you encounter issues).

No better way to collect data

Qualtrics is an amazing software. It has really helped me when working with HR needs assessments or other data collecting activities.

Pros

Collecting and analyzing data with Qualtrics is easy. From setup, to design, to distribution, Qualtrics has your back. It is constantly giving you tips and tricks to make your research better. This only helps you in the long run.

Cons

Depending on what level of account you have, you can be limited in response options. Unlimited everything is the way to go if you're going to be utilizing the software often or have a lot of responses you intend to collect.

Great tools but costly and customizing can be tricky/very difficult

Overall, I like the tools, but the look and feel aspects need major improvements to let the end user select how it looks. The brand admin interface there also needs to reflect a full range of options.

Pros

The survey design is very user friendly with the exception of a few question types (eg, calendar selections require some simple java for anything reasonable). The data analysis side is fantastic and really stands out.

Cons

The cost is very high in comparison to some other tools. You are paying a lot, but an unlimited admin license is very handy for our environment. You do get a good amount for the cost. Customizing the look and feel of the tool is super complicated and for anything beyond basics, you need custom CSS and headers. Test this thoroughly before purchase. The "branded themes" they make for you cannot be further edited at the admin level - super frustrating! The textIQ analysis likely isn't worth it for complicated feedback.

Great Data Collection Tool compared to others

Qualtrics is great. I'm really glad I made the switch for a more "Quality" in my work.

Pros

Qualtrics has a nice dashboard and is very easy to use. great diverse array of options for the intuitive projects. offers more survey creation and distribution than any other platform.

Cons

depending on what platform you were using before it my be a little difficult at first to get acclimated to the program. But after a few clicks you will be back to it realizing that the switch was the best thing you did.

Useful Online Survey software perfect for Social Distancing

For my job I collect student equipment requests which can then be filled and placed into lockers for contactless pickups. Being able to have students fill in a survey online has been vital to my job during the pandemic. Doing the same thing through email would have been a nightmare and would not be as thorough.

Pros

The ability to customize the questions and their format is great. Tons of options multiple choice, blank fields, etc. Once the data is collected you again get to format it to your workflow. I export to Excel to use and add to the data being collected as I see fit. I can then easily share that with colleagues when needed.

Cons

There are some features that seemed hard to find to me. The name of some of the features are also not intuitive so looking them up is not easy, and could use some work to refine and make it better.

I friggin love it!

It's easy to learn, easy to use, and even easy to teach. I love this software and would love to become some sort of certified expert user if at all possible.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. For the most part, I am able to figure out detailed changes without consulting with FAQs online. It's a very logical setup, easy to share links, and has an aesthetically pleasing layout.

Cons

The only thing I've struggled with so far is the default reporting. I don't like that each question is on a new page; that's not very useful in any context for which I apply it. I wish there was a button that would automatically fit everything within a certain number of pages, or at least eliminate white space on the default results report.

Qualtrics is a super powerful, customizable data collection tool but may be overkill for some projec

As I've said, Qualtrics is incredibly powerful, and I've used it to great success for complicated tasks where I need respondents to see one prompt or another alternatingly, or based on some previous responses, etc. However, it's definitely for more complex things like this, and something free and simple like Google Forms can take care of simpler survey tasks.

Pros

Qualtrics has nearly unlimited options for customizing the survey that's presented to the end user (question types, question organization, etc), and is incredibly powerful for reaching lots of users. It also makes exporting your responses easy to do in a wide range of formats.

Cons

Because it's so powerful and complex, it's also got a pretty steep learning curve. On the bright side, there's great documentation to help with this learning curve!

It's the best - but the future is concerning

Qualtrics is excellent all around, and has been the standard survey software among academic researchers for years for a reason. However, while the base platform is great, the organization is far from perfect. I had numerous issues deploying the offline app. After months of contacting support -- and getting zero explanation as to why my account, which was enabled for the offline app, could not access...

Pros

Building and deploying a basic survey in Qualtrics is very easy. Every step of the process, from writing questions to survey launch and distribution will be simple as long as you allow it to be. For advanced users, Qualtrics offers a number of methods for building in complex survey logic (such as skip patterns, display patterns, and survey flow mapping). Additionally, the built-in question types can...

Cons

The data analysis options offered within Qualtrics are weak, as are the data cleaning options. This is a non-issue for smaller, or non-scientific surveys. However, for most of its existence Qualtrics has been licensed by universities worldwide specifically for use in scientific studies. Less experienced researchers may be misled by these lacking tools and produce inaccurate analyses based on them....

Survey platform with the most functionality, although drawbacks for some research designs.

Pros

Out of the all the survey platforms I have tried (survey monkey, wufoo, google forms etc.), Qualtrics has the most flexibility and functionality, without compromising the intuitive, user-friendly layout. Building surveys is painless, and when building more complicated surveys, I never hesitate to call the support team because of the short wait time and COMPREHENSIVE, USEFUL HELP. Qualtrics allows...

Cons

Although useful, scoring is cumbersome, and confusing. 1. 'Scoring' does not automatically set the items point value based on how it is recoded (items need to be reverse coded when inputting AND scoring). 3. Scoring does not stay with a survey when added to library 4. Scoring also has glitched numerous times not allowing me to create new scoring categories. Support has yet to reach out to me about...

I've been using Qualtrics for over a year and all I can say is WOW!

The product is intuitive, easy to use, and the online training videos made the system easy to learn as well. Implementation went very smoothly thanks to the Qualtrics employees that worked with us on setting up single-sign on and our more complex surveys. The surveys look modern, and the questions are versatile (which makes it more fun to take surveys). In my opinion, this has led to higher response rates, overall. It's also easy to analyze the data and send out reports.

Pros

The intuitive, user-friendly interface makes building surveys a breeze. There are many different question types to choose from so it's easy to find one to fit your needs, and additional survey options (such as branching, embedded data, customized messages, email triggers, and more) make the instrument very versatile. Qualtrics is also modern looking and mobile friendly, and I have seen survey response...

Cons

Depending on the amount of data, the Report interface can be slow to load. Also, when exporting reports to a word document or PDF, the graphs sometimes appear blurry and can be difficult to read.

Great Product and It Keeps Getting Better

Overall I really love Qualtrics. I'd highly recommend it. It allows for great collaboration, I like that I can customize using Java or HTML, and it also applies to many types of research. The other cores are also great. I'm always excited about the newest feature rollouts and it seems they're always getting better.

Pros

I love that Qualtrics is so intuitive and has so much functionality built in. I also love that they are consistently working to improve it and roll out other useful features. I seldom find it's missing something that I need for my job.

Cons

I have hated the reporting and dashboard functionality, as well as the administration dashboard. It's not that they're terrible, but I can create better stuff for myself by downloading the raw data and manipulating it in Excel. HOWEVER, we do have major dashboard, reporting, and administration updates coming in the next month which sound very promising and like great improvements. One other negative, you can't have two people working on a project at once - it gets buggy and changes get lost. It's also difficult to have two Qualtrics pages open in your browser at once. I've managed to manipulate it to a degree, but it doesn't do super well.

I love experimenting with new ways I can use Qualtrics every day!

We have started to use Qualtrics and its API to capture data from users and then pass that data into our other systems. We have been developing so many ways to automate processes on our campus and Qualtrics is becoming the engine that drives the automation, but also the main interface for the end user. For example, we have been using for self enrollment for certain faculty development courses. A faculty member goes to a registration page, which is actually just a Qualtrics form, fills out a little data and then clicks the Registration button. The faculty member is then automatically enrolled in the selected course in Canvas. That's just one small use case that saves a bunch of admin time.

Pros

I literally use Qualtrics for everything but surveys. We use it as a form tool, quizzing engine, LMS course enrollment, and so much more. If you want to capture any type of data from a customer and literally do anything you want with it, you need to take a good look at Qualtrics.

Cons

One feature I wish was available in Qualtrics would be the ability to use 'Switch' statements in the survey tool. It's set up so that you have to use tons of 'If' statements to set embedded data (variables) to specific data.

Highly reliable software

It is very reliable software to collect responses which use can extend from students' feedback, tracking of students experiments to collect event registrations and abstract submissions. With some updates, it can become a fantastic multi-tasking software.

Pros

Highly user-friendly and most of its features require no programming skills (as a user, not as an administrator) with a nice working environment. It is quite flexible software and can be used as a conference management tool to track registrations and even handle the abstract submission, review and the subsequent revisions

Cons

Some parts require basic skills of programming (eg in the appearance of the form, the adjustment of the font style and position, or in the design of the automatic replies). More flexibility in uploading data from other forms would make this product very helpfull and more versatile. Moreover, deleting selected responses takes forever and decrease its ease of use. Similarly, it would be ideal if the...

The Gold Standard

Another thing to consider when evaluating Qualtrics is that they have an incredible support team. From your account manager, to your success manager, to the random people you connect with within the support organization, everyone has been stellar. I know that if I have a problem or even a random question, they will make sure I'm taken care of. It's a great relationship and they really care about each of their customers on an individual level.

Pros

Where to begin? Qualtrics is truly the gold standard in survey software. They have built an exemplary product over the years and keep adding more inventive features to be a whole system solution. Unlike other softwares that are either easy and basic with limited functionality or powerful with a steep learning curve, Research Core is both easy to use at a very basic level and has the power to handle any sophisticated needs you can think of. I've yet to run into a way to survey that the software can't pull off.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is one time that I found an incomplete answer in the knowledge base, but that's me REALLY trying to think of a negative.

Incredibly powerful, but incredibly persnickety

I've used Qualtrics for over a half-dozen years now, and I continue to find new things that I can do with it. However, be prepared to spend a *lot* more time tweaking and fine-tuning your projects than you might initially expect to, especially if you've never used the platform before.

Pros

Qualtrics really is the gold standard when it comes to developing and deploying online surveys--it is almost synonymous in the same way we say "Kleenex" to refer to any tissue or "Xerox" to refer to any photocopy. The question types are excellent, the skip logic and other features are second-to-none, the reporting and results can be displayed and exported in a variety of ways... basically, if you can imagine it, you can do it with Qualtrics.

Cons

As I mentioned above, if you can imagine it, you can do it with Qualtrics... but that's only if you've paid for a tier of features that will facilitate your ideas. Furthermore it can be incredibly difficult to develop and code custom functionality; there is ostensibly online help, but it largely takes the form of message boards, which oftentimes offer nothing more than a series of dead-ends. If your Qualtrics license is through a larger institution, it can be nearly impossible to obtain one-on-one support directly from Qualtrics... and then there's the generally persnickety, fussy interface that is not nearly as user-friendly as I believe Qualtrics thinks it is.

A very powerful survey application, very intuitive to use! Extremely flexible, superb support

great survey tools obviously, but we have built some wonderful educational applications as well Without the flexibility of Qualtrics we would never have even tried to create these apps on our own.

Pros

The broad variety of question types, the generally intuitive inteface that lets you start simply, but encourages you to explore its more poweful features. I like the ability to easily get data out in a variety of formats (SPSS, CSV, etc) and add Tableau support was a huge plus!!! The ability to customize the look and feel is very nice, and the flexible distribution options (email, anonymous links, etc) work very well for us. The ability to embed objects in the GUI Editor is awesome, we have built training, teaching modules in Qualtrics without advanced tech help just because the tools are so easy to use!!

Cons

the Table of Contents tool is limited by rules put on place for surveys. We'd like to see educational options settings that would allow more creative use of Qualtrics for educational use.

Qualtrics: More Than Just a Survey

Qualtrics is much more than survey software. In fact, I use it for everything but surveys. I've begun the creation of Quick-Help support tool that is powered by Qualtrics. A user is taken down specific path based on his/her individual needs. After entering the needed information, emails are fired off to the people who can fulfill the user's request. The ability to use Qualtrics as my own kind of ticket support system is crucial to fulfilling our users' needs in a systematic and efficient way.

Pros

I love how granular you can get with every type of action you want to perform. You can use general methods for logic, or create your own with ease. Qualtrics is can be generic as you want, or as customizable as you need.

Cons

I wish Qualtrics wouldn't charge for additional question types. For example, add the form upload and signature question types, you have to pay a fee for each.

Versatile solution that capably supports my organization's online data collection needs

Streamlines and expedites the collection, analysis, and dissemination of large volumes of data across the organization, putting staff in closer control of their projects.

Pros

It handles all phases of the online data collection in a variety of modes, whether surveys are distributed by email, posted online, shared via social media, etc. Developers make constant improvements and welcome input from users. It includes a lot of lesser-known but very handy features that improve the experience for survey respondents and researchers alike. Although it's mainly point-and-click based,...

Cons

I would like to see a little more customization available for standard respondent messages, and enhanced validation between numeric fields and with calculations. Bounced email diagnostics would also be very helpful to have.

This product is offered to students and staff at my university to use through our single sign-in.

As an Outreach Clinician on a college campus I frequently have to get opinions, interests, and availability of multiple contacts in a variety of demographics and as a user I am able to share others contact databases and view ongoing projects. Using this as an RSVP function allows me to gather interest, plan events, take reservations and easily reach out to respondents who have/have not responded (but it would be easier it more contacts could be added to ONE distribution after the fact to reduce the number of them that have to be sent when there are stragglers.)

Pros

Trackability and ease of statistical evaluation when you're not a math-minded individual. There are plenty of "how-to's" and user instructions for producing high quality surveys quickly.

Cons

How the contacts work for adding more contacts to a signal distribution. Also, there is some trouble in getting the import function for .csv files for contacts.

Excellent experiences with Qualtrics!

An easy to use system that not only collects data, but allows us to also create reports - both reports that we can export, and reports that we can share via link.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. When working with people with various skill levels, it's nice to have a system that anyone can learn. We really like the variety of question types and the ability to create custom reports from the data. Customer service is also outstanding - whenever I've had an issue, they've been able to talk me through it fairly quickly. The support reps are very well trained. The support site is also great. I also know from past experience that Qualtrics does look at suggestions sent by users , and I appreciate that they have implemented changes to the system based on user feedback. Because of that, I always encourage people to let Qualtrics know if there's an issue or if there's a feature they'd like to see.

Cons

We're a non-profit and it's a little pricey; I wish they had smaller packages for non-profits and small organizations, or monthly options for some features (i.e. SMS messaging - we only need this a few times a year.)

Qualtrics Gets It

We leverage the Qualtrics Research Platform to drive key decisions for the overall direction of our organization, assess the needs and well being of those associated to our organization and on and on. We truly cover the full spectrum of use with this product and it has been absolutely critical in the decision making process and in helping us drive forward in our work. Qualtrics simply has it together.

Pros

Qualtrics is well run from top to bottom. Their products are excellent, intuitive and are capable of supporting customers of all variations. Unlike so many companies that get one thing right and then drop the ball in another area, Qualtrics excels at every level. Their software is excellent, their integration support and API is excellent and their support is hands down the absolute best in the tech industry. There's really no question in my mind why they were gobbled up before they could complete their IPO.

Cons

Because I typically have to deal with low level interaction with Qualtrics (APIs etc.) my ONLY complaint is that they have a lot of undocumented features. However, their support is THE BEST and they always help me through finding those features when I need them.

Great survey software!

Overall, I found that Qualtrics is a solid survey program. It can do just about anything that you would want in a survey program. It has plenty of features and it is easy to use. If you get stuck on something, their customer service will walk you through it. They also have a lot of great literature for you to find the answer yourself.

Pros

This is probably the most popular survey program on the market and for good reasons. It has the ability to design surveys with a ton of options for questions -- multiple choice, short answer, longer answer. You can randomize questions, organize the survey by blocks, use decision trees. It is easy to use and the customer service is amazing. They will also recruit panels of participants for you. It is easy to download the data into excel or other usable formats.

Cons

I haven't found much yet. I am still learning how to use it, but most things are pretty intuitive. The one thing I would say that I don't like is that even though they will recruit panels of participants for you that match particular characteristics, they are relatively pricey.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.