All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Heartland Retail

Cloud Based Retail POS and Retail Management Solution

Heartland Retail Reviews

Pros

We are also pleased with how fast the technical support responds to any of our team members. Its also a good feeling when they actually remember you by name.

Kevin F.

Mike W.

Read the full review
It is amazing!!! My numbers are up last month 206% of previous year due to my ability to better manage my buys and reporting. I have asked them to look into doing multichannel.

Neil S.

Emily E.

Read the full review
The reporting will be useless to you for forecasting and financials.

Joy M.

Mike W.

4.5

Springboard Retail works for Wholesale Companies, too

We found Springboard Retail after searching for a program that can manage many elements of a wholesale business all in one program. We started using it Summer of 2014. We are now able to manage our inventory that is in our office and out with sales reps and on consignment. Although there is no "consignment" part to the program, there's a workaround within the system that is fine. Since everything is...

Pros

Manage inventory, run reports, invoice and credits, manage consignments -- everything is all in one program. It's mobile and in the cloud so we have access anywhere and anytime. Support always responds in a timely manner.

Cons

Quickbooks integration not the best, but works with a little effort.

DLM Supply

I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've...

Pros

Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons

There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

Over Promise & Under Deliver

On the recommendation of another store in the area that uses Springboard I decided to try them out. I was initially told I would be able to use all my same equipment that I used with a previous point of sale system, later that turned out to not be the case & at considerable cost. Importing the product seemed to be an extraordinary challenge for them as well, even though they said they switched customers...

Pros

It's easy for my seasonal employees to use, but not remarkably more or less than any other POS.

Cons

I was sold, "So much more than point of sale. Springboard Retail is a powerful, cloud POS software and retail management platform designed to help you sell more, smarter." So far it has entirely failed to live up to that billing. Rather cumbersome to put transactions on hold & recall, no time clock feature, a 4 to 5 step purchase order to purchase receipt function that is again, a bit cumbersome.

Incredible System

Pros

We moved over from RICS because it was an older slower moving system. Springboard's reporting function is dynamic - it works as fast as my brain works. In the past, I would run a report on performance and invariably another question would come up while I was reviewing that report - In RICS I would have to go back and rerun another report (5 mins) - with Springboard I can slice the data any way I...

Cons

There are not many bad things I can say about Springboard. Every complaint I have has been addressed - occasionally I will request a feature or a metric (Inventory Turn!) that is not available now - and for the most part I have seen them implemented. There are several features concerning Open to Buy that I would like to see going forward. Also, Springboard only integrates with one Credit Card Processor, and although they were able to give me a very low rate, it's not great to be locked into one option. Also there have been a few outages in service (very few but still a scary situation)

Springboard Retail is modern POS software at it's very best.

Pros

The Springboard Retail team hails from a multi-store retail background so they know first-hand what POS software needs to do, how it should work and that it must to be simple and intuitive to use. That is exactly what they have created; no fluff, incredibly flexible and reliable software that is as close as one can get to a custom written solution, offered at a reasonable price. Unlike many other platforms...

Cons

I'm hard pressed to find fault with Springboard Retail as it quite capably addresses all of our retail apparel multi-store needs. That said, there are aspects that can and undoubtedly will be improved upon to make it applicable to a wider range of specialty businesses. For example, I don't think it specifically handles service/repair requests, but with a little creativity and assistance from their...

Great product, even better company

I consider it a great decision on our part to go with Springboard Retail. While I am able to list some areas of opportunities for them, it is very reassuring to know that they constantly strive to improve their software based on client input. They actually really listen to feedback and many times act on it quickly if other clients can benefit from the change. This is refreshing. In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a better value or partnership on the market.

Pros

Ease of use - intuitive nature Support team - always feel as if we are partners working together Dynamic Reporting Easy to customize certain fields to fit business needs Real-time reporting and sales sales metrics Mobility - using ipads within the stores, viewing results via smartphone Integration - happy with the timeline, support, and ease Training - very easy to train on this software, love the training mode Knowledge base - this is such a big plus. The articles are current and easy to find quickly Search capability - this is easily overlooked, but being able to put in part of an item's name, number or description and find what you need is huge! Same with customer information.

Cons

Within the current software, I would like to be able to use a fiscal calendar vs the Gregorian calendar. Outside of software- although Springboard Retail is focusing on their core competencies, I do wish the following was available within the software and not through third parties: Time clock feature Loyalty/VIP Customer feature Integrated payment - we use Clover and integrate

The people make this great

Folks, I have been in the POS purchasing line of work now for 20 years, or so it seems. I originally had an MS-DOS based system that could not properly communicate to the head office, it also cost a fortune. Then I went with QB POS. It pretty good, but the customer service sucked and it had lots of limitations, and again communication problems. I tried of few of the first of the cloud based solutions,...

Amazing Customer Service and Support

The support team is available around the clock, any time I call in my request is greeted by a real person who immediately is able to help. They are very responsive and proactive about any bugs or issues in the software (which do happen from time to time) - they are always adding new features and updates. Overall, the software just makes SENSE to a lay person - it's clear that the person who designed it is in retail! There are always improvements to be made, and the support team is always happy to listen to my concerns. Overall, great people to work with.

Pros

User friendly, Great reporting

Cons

Exports to PDF are not the most clear, bugs in software happen occasionally

Great Software. Beware of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Spend days trying to reach competent support. All of those glowing reviews you may be reading were for the previous team.

Pros

Functional POS software that does what it needs to do with good reporting features

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] seems to have gotten rid of the folks that made Springboard exceptional. Support is terrible.

Good Tool!

This is a very nice tool that works as a POS as well as inventory and order capturing. It's pricey though.

Pros

POS is easy to use.

Cons

VERY pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the additional spend for adding another terminal just to use at off-site events is cost prohibitive when there are other options out there for less money or for free.

Simple to use, surprisingly sophisticated, and scalable

Pros

I like their entire team. Support is outstanding. They listen and respond. The product is incredibly flexible, allowing for custom fields on a slew of records (items, customers, purchase orders, etc). Reports are outstanding. They are fast and highly configurable. The system has a background in apparel, but it can easily be adapted to other industries. We are in crafts and had no trouble with it.

Cons

We have also had a few (very few) issues with credit card processing, but those issues have been due to problems with the processor, not Springboard itself. This is a problem that is not unique to Springboard. Always have some kind of a back-up system in place for internet and credit card processing! Also, just know going into it that Springboard is not a hardware or network provider. They have a recommended hardware stack, and if you stick to it, they can generally assist in troubleshooting if necessary. I strongly recommend having a local resource for networking and hardware configuration. That's not to say Springboard doesn't know what they are doing, but some issues need to have boots on the ground.

Springboard retail is a Game Changer

I can look at my business from the app On my phone anywhere anytime. I love this..it has given me some Flexibility in my business and alllowed Me to work In a little More Family time

Pros

I have control of the IT end of my business . I do not have to “call a guy” every time something goes wrong or it’s time For an upgrade. In 4 years my system has gone down maybe 4 Times and then never for more than 20 minutes and every time it has been the internet provider that was the problem but Springboard always steps up and gets it fixed. They never point the finger they just take care of it. Also there are no costly upgrades that require new computers and “that computer guy” to execute it.

Cons

When you need help they will often times refer you to their knowledge base...usually I have already gone this route and need an actual Answer not another article to read.

Overall very satisfied.

Switched over from quickbooks point of sale about a year ago. (DO NOT BUY QB POS) The transfer of data went smoothly. The customer support was amazing. They have every feature I need for a small business with moderate to high volume. They system is very easy to use. They are continuously evolving and don't try to charge you extra for updates like some systems do. Because it is web based you can access...

Pros

Customer service. Web based, allows access anywhere.

Cons

Extra monthly charge for using POS on an iPad even if I use it for just 1 day. Not cheap, but worth the price.

Stands Out from the Rest

Pros

The training and overall review process was easy and flexible. You had the option of when to schedule you springboard calls and in retail, you need a bit of flexibility. There were plenty of times that I couldn't hop on the training call and customer service was a gem about it. She also put up with some stupid humor of mine. Customer service was grade A. I was so stressed about the idea of this massive...

Cons

Getting a reasonable launch date had me worried, but the Springboard team, especially, made our small Tallahassee store their top priority.

Advanced Reporting and Ecommerce Integration

Springboard has aided our business in a number of ways. The fact that its a cloud based software has greatly improved our productivity, as team members can enter PO's and perform other tasks away from our physical store location. The Reporting options Springboard offers has greatly improved visibility into our business operations. For instance, we've been able to identify under performing vendors and cut them out of our purchasing plans. Finally, Springboard's integration with Shopify has allowed us to launch and grow an ecommerce business and sync our online and physical store inventories.

Pros

Reporting and cloud based connectivity

Cons

Customer service agents sometimes struggle to understand problems of a more technical nature

Great Software for Retail Stores

This is a great software for a retail store. It is wonderful if you have multiple locations. Love being able to check the status of the stores from anywhere.

Pros

Easy to use, love the reporting, love that it is cloud based.

Cons

Sometimes struggle to create reports but that is probably more operator error. Most other items that I did not like have been fixed over time.

9,000 SKU's and 30 days to make the change - DONE!

We were terrified of changing POS systems in September right before the holidays. It just didn't seem conceivable to me that I could make the switch to making sales within our 30 day window. I was convinced we would make it after week two of the transition. I was truly stunned at how easy it went - I am a realist and just knew we'd come up against something that would stand in our way. It didn't and we nailed the date easy.

Pros

VERY flexible platform allows a decent level of customization to make sure you can parse your data the way YOU need to - not how someone somewhere THINKS you need to. Rock solid and reliable importing/exporting. This POS does what a POS system should do - make you more efficient. We're still only a couple weeks in but we feel like we know it pretty well and I have confidence we made a good choice for our retail business.

Cons

I would like US based phone support but they actually manage the chat support surprisingly well. We've not been left hanging yet and we've not stumped them, so I am not feeling to bad about it - as long as they keep up as the demand increases, which I am sure it will.

Great platform

Pros

No need for quickbooks. My accountant pulls reports straight from Springboard at the end of the year. Also I love the inventory management and ability to create one day price changes for sales

Cons

Customer support is lacking. Gift cards can’t be scanned through credit card reader even when they have the magnetic strip.

Fantastic

Pros

Great inventory tracking and reports, nice smooth checkout process, convenient daily dashboard, constant improvements

Cons

Small but major glitches exist when using with an iPad that are continuously ignored as has been my last 4 requests for help with them. Very few of the customer support technicians know what they are doing

Big Fan of Springboard Retail

Pros

This easy to use system helps our seasonal business and team focus on driving sales. It's VERY easy to use - all of our employees are taught how to ring a customer up on day one. As Director of Stores, I'm constantly looking at sales from my smartphone and diving into the VERY STRONG custom reporting tool when at a computer.

Cons

Hmm.. I struggle with the bluetooth scanners connecting to our store iPads - however this is not a Springboard Retail issue. This is a problem with the hardware & hardware technology.

Big help for small business

We upgraded to springboard in 2016 and it has greatly increased our efficiency and accuracy. We love that it ties to our management software, online store, and our existing email programs!

Pros

Very user friendly and fairly intuitive.

Cons

When it runs slow or doesn't sync in a timely manner. I also REALLY wish there was a time management clock in/out function to track payroll AND that the shipment fulfillment worked properly between Shopify and springboard.

This is a tech-savvy system that is great for my trendy store!

Pros

Springboard has been GREAT with fixing minor glitches and making iOS update adjustments immediately! I love utilizing the iPad for my trendy boutique, and I love the inventory system. The fact that this POS system was created by former boutique owners is evident in the detail and ease of use.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is that sometimes the card reader and Bluetooth scanner do not work if the iPad has gone to sleep between customers. So the scanner has to be turned off and then back on to repair the issue. But this is a minor problem compared to the benefits of the system and has an easy fix.

Go Springboard or Go Home!

Pros

I love the product. It was so easy to get up and running --the SB team was really helpful. The best part about Springboard is the powerful reporting tool. I have access to mission critical data that allows me to make better business decisions. I have visibility into all aspects of my business from anywhere. It truly is a bottom lime booster!

Cons

Everything the product does, it does very well. I'm a wholesaler using a retail platform so I have some work arounds but it's worth it.

Good system for small retailers

I am happy with the service provided, customer service responds very fast, the reporting part of the system is great and very friendly to use. I do wish you had more POS hardware available, cooler looking ipad size hardware, etc.

Pros

Reports Easy to use I can access from any computer anywhere I go Great customer service

Cons

Hardware options are limited

XCVI Review

Springboard has been a good POS system so far. It is the best that we have had in our XCVI stores. We are also pleased with how fast the technical support responds to any of our team members. Its also a good feeling when they actually remember you by name! Keep up the good hard work!

Pros

Easy to use and Easy to navigate

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.