TicketSpice Reviews

TicketSpice

Online ticketing and reservation system

4.94/5 (52 reviews)

Pros
  • The customer service team has been awesome - all of the representatives are extremely kind, helpful and are all very knowledgeable on anything I have questions on.VICTORIA W.Read the full review
  • It is quickly obvious that they have carefully built an excellent site. However, I am particularly impressed with their quick response times for customer assistance questions.Paul M.Read the full review
  • The cost of the platform and transaction fees made this the most competitive option for us. It was easy to set up the sales page and there were a good amount of rules and purchase rules.Jamison M.Read the full review
Cons
  • There was a minor glitch in the middle of our festival that we were able to work around, but it caused about 30 minutes of panic. It was part user error, but also part back-end software glitch.Hayley G.Read the full review
  • If you are planning a large event, there is already so much to worry about.Kalyn H.Read the full review
  • I had a little trouble learning the ins and outs of the new Actions logic, but with a little guidance and practice, I had a whole new world of possibilities open to me.Matt F.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jared DeLong

Fantastic Ticketing Tool

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-05-10

TIcketSpice has saved many nonprofits I've worked with lots of funds by the lower fees they charge compared to other ticketing systems out there.

Pros
TicketSpice is an incredible ticketing app I recommend to nonprofits all the time to use. TicketSpice makes it easy to create ticket registration form pages as well as confirmation emails. Their rates are much cheaper than Eventbrite's and they have some additional features for nonprofits that outweigh Eventbrite.

Cons
Although you can customize your registration forms, there are parts of the form builder that can feel a bit dated. Some of their templates could use a bit of updating.

Kathy Sturm

User Friendly in all areas

Reviewed 2020-01-08

I was apprehensive to delving into this product, as I usually had other staff available. I was pleased at the ease to set up, the availability to chat with TicketSpice team, when I had questions. They don't make you feel like - duh! you should know this. Being responsive in a matter of minutes is key to the success. Thank you.

Pros
* The cost to the organization * The ease in setting up * The ease of use by the end user * The support team is phenomenal. Every time I have had a question or concern, the response is quick, helpful and supportive. This alone is worth it all. * The reports are so helpful and easily shared with my Board members.

Cons
Could use a little more detail when setting up. Some of us are not always intuitive or tech savvy when it comes to products like TicketSpice. To get it all set up and find a 2nd phase (webconnex) is needed. Yes, it should probably be a given on the clients part. Or alert them of this beforehand.

ismael qureshi

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is Amazing

Reviewed 2020-05-20

Amazing. Service is everything. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] treated me like i was running a million dollar event. But in reality it was all free. Their company is not making much from us but still he took the time out to help.

Pros
The software is pretty easy to use. Its just a matter of understanding what does what. Its like anything that is new. There is a learning curve at first. But after one event i now know what to do. The best was customer support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He answered our message at 8pm at night and walked me through small issues. He fixed it all and made it amazing.

Cons
The donation part. We have a lot of users that want to go back in the ticket window and donate more. But they cannot really. But our event is unique where its free.

Sarah Quinlan

Peanut butter ticket time

Reviewed 2016-08-04

I had a good experience overall. It's always challenging to switch versions but I found it to be pretty easy.

Pros
I like the look and feel much better. Software looks great on mobile devices and loads fast. templates are easy to use.

Cons
It is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for, or the best way to do something. I also don't really like how you can't get totals for the different ticket types easily without pulling a report. There is that one graph with the sales trends which is helpful, but when your ticket types over lay each other, you can't really view them unless you zoom in extra close. Would be great to see those numbers with a roll over or a chart of how many and how much. Another issue is tokens. I wish you could set up a token and add the ticket types you want to instead of having them all go into the same token. I know you can set it up through the app to have the ones you want selected but having to update all the devices to do that can be time consuming. From a manager point of view I do not want my ticket takers to have access to types of tickets they can scan. Leaves room for error at a very busy event. When it comes to CSS I had some issues getting what I wanted to work all over the document. Front sizes would jump or not stick when I would use the HTML button. I finally gave up. Would be great to have a tutorial on how it works and if there are any tricks.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Hayley G

Best find after lots of research!

Reviewed 2020-02-12

Overall we are very happy with this product and using it for registration on our events!

Pros
Easily customizable. Great customer service! Had all the features we needed and lots of ways to create features we needing, using other features. That might be confusing - but basically they have lots of ways to create options and services that may not be plainly available through their software. It's been really great!

Cons
There was a minor glitch in the middle of our festival that we were able to work around, but it caused about 30 minutes of panic. It was part user error, but also part back-end software glitch. However - like I said, it was minor. Also, it was a Saturday and someone from TicketSpice called me on my cell directly from their cell on their day off to make sure I got it figured out.

Jenna P

Play with a Pro LOVES TicketSpice

Reviewed 2020-01-07

When I went onto the TicketSpice site during my research phase, it asked if I wanted to set up a call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I said yes and selected time. From that first amazing phone call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to getting published - it has been a dream. I have been planning events for Non-Profits for 20 years and I have never worked with a more caring, responsive, and understanding Team. When I had a deadline to meet, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helped me to add conditional formatting and to meet the vision in my head. I had very specific needs and no matter when, at what time, or what the question- [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there to answer it and fix everything. TicketSpice for life!

Pros
User Friendly and intuitive setup. But the conditional formatting is where it's at!

Cons
That I didn't know about TicketSpice before

Dana Schwartz

Best Customer Service I Have EVER Had

Reviewed 2020-03-02

I am able to streamline the process for myself & my customer to register for my workshops. Additionally, I can see a snapshot or detailed version of all financials. Just does the job of organizing everything & tracking so I don't have to do it manually.

Pros
They have every feature I was seeking and even more I didn't know existed but have come in handy. The multiple additions & integrations that you can use save money from using over platforms or apps because Ticketspice is a one-stop in my opinion. I am not great with computers & technology & it has been SO simple to use. If I ever get confused, the customer service reps are so responsive & friendly. I even had one respond ones after hours!

Cons
I haven't came across a con yet. If I do, I will reach out!

Carrie Reale

Super easy to set up, use, and customize!

Reviewed 2020-02-06

The communication was extremely helpful and made all the difference as we were choosing a ticket selling platform. They gave me everything I needed to present the info and options to my supervisor and my finance team. I felt very seen and understood in the entire process, and they were also not pushy which is a huge plus. 10/10 for TicketSpice!

Pros
I loved how easy it was to set up our ticket site. It took me through all the steps and let me preview as I went along. The customization is amazing! I don't feel as though we were boxed in to one look and feel. It feels like our own site, which is awesome. It's easy to see our progress and how many people are purchasing tickets. The customer service is also top notch - they're very quick to reply.

Cons
Some of the intricate details can be a tad hard to find, but I can normally find them as I poke around. Since the customer service is so great I don't normally struggle for longer than just a few minutes.

LOVE TicketSpice!

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-06

Our agency had a great experience and used it to track our major fundraising event of the year. We specifically enjoyed being able to add a donation button in case people could not attend the event, but still wanted to support us. It turned out to be very helpful for us!

Pros
It shows so much information about your buyers which gives us great feedback on the events we host. We have used it for one event so it was very cost effective and we will continue to use it even after our free trial ends. Links are able to be sent out and emailed so you get a larger response from attendees in a quick time frame! The customization makes it perfect to use for any event, you can even add your own theme or background (we used our company logo).

Cons
Nothing. It was perfect for our event! I would recommend it to anyone hosting an event (especially if they are on a budget).

Jo Boring

Great new alternative

Reviewed 2019-12-26

I love it. I'm a #ticketspice girl.

Pros
First of all, this service is more affordable then the big alternatives I've used in the past. You can get your money right away and the customer service is very personal and friendly.

Cons
Nothing. I liked it all baby! Great service.

Dustin McCarty

Outstanding!

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Pros
I love TicketSpice! Our non-profit hosts a variety of event-based fundraisers from a traditional fundraising dinner, to silent auction, to crawfish boil, to sporting clay shoot - so flexibility is of extreme importance. Here are a few of the PROs for TicketSpice: - Extreme customization (example: for our Shoot, we need not only a ticket purchased, but we need to know what gauge of shells, what type and size of shirt needed, etc. many custom pieces of information with each registrant). - Simplicity to use - Speed to create and publish - Ease of integration into current website - Retention of organizational identity/image - Flexibility in coupon codes, etc. - OUTSTANDING customer service! - Great cost when integrated with GivingFuel (which is ALSO AWESOME) I used EventBrite for several years, but it was clunky to use (old technology), it never looked like it belonged with our website or other materials, and it was expensive. I was so glad when TicketSpice became available with GivingFuel!

Cons
I honestly have not run into a CON with TicketSpice. It does everything I need... and probably has capability to do more, but I don't know what that could possibly be.

Danielle Papageorgiou

Immensely better than Eventbrite!!

Reviewed 2016-11-29

I signed up for TicketSpice for my conference website (www.LifeschoolingConference.com) after comparing a lot of different options. TicketSpice seemed to offer the most flexibility for the price and I also was really excited about the social networking options. I loved the idea of incentivizing my customers to share my event for an additional amount off their ticket! I was hesitant about the .99 fee TicketSpice charges per ticket, since the other option I was considering was a free Wordpress plugin, but it's still cheaper than Eventbrite and it has been well worth it! I just added a $1 fee per ticket, so in the end, I'm not really paying anything extra besides credit card processing fees. The flexibility of the program has been amazing! Unlike Eventbrite, I am able to set up my basic tickets, but then I can add what they call "actions" to create variables for each ticket. In other words, I have two basic tickets for my conference: Single and Family. But we also have a fair on Saturday after the conference. It is free for attendees, but others can also sign up just to come to the fair portion. I added actions so that when someone selects the Single or Family Ticket, they see the fair ticket with a $0 price, as well as an additional Speaker Luncheon ticket option. But if they select the $15 fair option at the beginning, then the single and family tickets disappear and the Speaker Luncheon option also remains hidden. Not possible with Eventbrite! Also, I have set up early bird, regular, and late tickets. With Eventbrite, I had to do each ticket for each length of time separately. It was confusing and time-consuming! With TicketSpice, I just created an action for each ticket. The coupon codes are also nice because I can add actions so that they can only be used in certain instances. For example, I had a Cyber Monday sale, so I added an action that the coupon could only be used on the specific date of November 28th. Worked perfectly! Finally, the customer service has been outstanding! I worked a lot during Thanksgiving week, but my questions through chat were always answered in a timely manner, even on Sunday...pretty important since one of my actions would have resulted in giving away all my tickets for free instead of only the first three sold! Ryan was so helpful and encouraging and even sent a video showing how to do what I needed to do. Can't say enough good things about TicketSpice!! Happy enough to take the time to write this long review! :)

Cori DeHore

Do more, Make more, Keep More

Reviewed 2020-03-11

Our overall experience with Webconnex and their Ticketspice platform has been excellent. They have created a great product and backed with a great team to assist you in any way they can is a win, win for us as an organization that really needed to optimize our time and organize the way we did business.

Pros
Ease of use and integration with our company was number 1 for us. We have grown up right along side of TicketSpice and it has only gotten better. The initial implementation was easy, successful and all due to their excellent support team. Their analytics is an important aspect of the software to us as well as flexibility to customize.

Cons
There are always room for improvement and before you can even ask for it the team at Webconnex will most likely have thought of it and already working on it. They are always open to suggestions!

Mike Abrams

Now the best ticketing software period

Reviewed 2015-12-16

After coming from Eventbrite, and testing out MANY ticketing systems for our many events, I have found the NEW 4.0 version of Ticketspice to be the best and in a class by itself. Why? 1. The clean and modern look.. On MOBILE and on web - Looks great... Have yous een an Eventbrite's STRIPPED OUT mobile version? It looks like a contract of text! All the graphics are gone. 2. The crazy flexibility of the builder in Ticketspice. You can basically customize it to look CLEAN AND SHARP... Streamlined.. ONE PAGE ticket checkout... Move things around, add all different elements.... It's easy and interactive and looks GREAT and modern and clean... but without sacrificing features. 3. The responsive customer support... they'lll live chat with you any time to fix issues and open to suggestions.. They are the best. Ever try dealing with a person at Eventbrite. Good luck with that. 4. They add new features. Eventbrite is notorious for putting in their blog 'we are adding apple pay' or something like that then saying it won't be for months and never happen. These people are proactive. They probably have a smaller team and can move quicker. Eventbrite being cannot make changes quickly or at all... they promise things that never come. 5. The action commands. Nothing on ANY other ticketing system comes close. You can literally incentive in a major way by having sections appear based on criteria. Want to ovver a free t shirt when someone buys 10 tickets.. you CAN. Want to only show a ticket type for an age group when they put their age in. You CAN. Want to sell merch on the site... ANY amount (not 5 items like Eventbrite) You CAN. Want to have different instructions appear for different ticket types... you CAN. Want to have a 2 for one sale when someone buys multiples of 2 tickets.. you CAN.... You can do SO MUCH to incentive and create a ticket buying experience that is fn and gives people reasons to buy things. And is SMART without cluttering up the page. 6. The checkout process on one page is simple - easy for anyone. 7. Want to get paid.. WITHOUT WAITING?? They clear through STRIPE, WEPAY and other services that deposit NIGHTLY... NO WAITING for WEEKS to get YOUR money (like with Eventbrite). Oh.. YOU can set the fees.. any fee you like ... you aren't locked in.. like with Eventbrite. And they just charge 99 cents a ticket.

Anonymous

Solid ticketing platform with low fees

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Pros
We have used many ticketing solutions and found TicketSpice to possess all of the features we have needed from the more expensive solutions at a fraction of the price. Excellent product.

Cons
It would be great to have a rolling window of date availability for ongoing events. Otherwise, the software works great.

Kelly Grabinski

Best decision we ever made!!

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-02-18

The biggest benefit was the tickets were sent with every order, I did not have to worry about processing payments or tickets. If someone lost their email, I was able to go in and resend the ticket with no issue. Once a ticket was scanned, if someone tried to do it twice the app would turn red, so I didnt have to worry about duplicates. Just an overall great experience.

Pros
Absolutely love how easy the service is to use and how quickly we receive a response to any questions with detailed answers / instructions. The App is so easy to use for ticket scanning, it made our event flow so seamlessly. We will continue to use TicketSpice from now on.

Cons
Nothing, loved the whole experience. I do recommend watching tutorials to help configure certain things, but customer service was very responsive so it was not an issue at all.

Shannon Carter

Stellar product, stellar support!!!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2016-08-24

I have used TicketSpice on events for about a year. When I first signed up, they had not yet launched the 4.0 platform, so all the TicketSpice pages for my first round of events were developed on the 3.0 platform. It was so easy to put together a snazzy event page, with a ton of customizable options. At the time, the only thing I was really missing was logic... And I found out at my event that the ticket scanning app was a huge battery drain! And then 4.0 rolled out... And also a new app that allows you to turn off the scanner without killing the app. Those were my biggest hurdles last fall, and they have been addressed. Regarding the team, EVERY contact I have had with them has been a stellar experience. They are friendly, engaging, funny, and oh, so smart... They have always been able to answer my questions and fix what I broke... :) Just this evening, I was working on an event page and had a question about setting up some logic to calculate a discount based on ticket quantities purchased, but it was almost midnight (Texas time). I decided to leave a message and wait for them to get back to me when they opened in the morning... But no... Eric responded within a minute or so, and not only did he answer my question, he wrote the logic for me, and then he took the time to make changes to the design of two of my pages so that my graphics looked better and worked better on a mobile platform. In all, he spent about an hour helping me tonight.

Pros
Flexibility, ease of use, packed with features, low cost, turnkey solution... To put it succinctly, I like EVERYTHING about this software.

Cons
Ummm.... <*crickets*>...

Rick Sutter

TicketSpice is amazing

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-17

One year, we decided to use another ticker service and it was a disaster. Never again!

Pros
Anything that I would want to produce online tickets has been implemented by TicketSpice. The thought and care is outstanding! Anytime I need assistance, support is ready to help. I have peace of mind as our events are about to happen to know that I will have an up-to-date back end data available as well have the ability to communicate with users who have an issue!

Cons
Personally, NOTHING. As I stated earlier, the team at TicketSpice continue to improve this product.

Stephen Wesche

Not only an affordable service but a dream to work with

Reviewed 2017-08-23

Pros
Everything about Ticketspice has been great. The website configuration was absurdly easy. Configuring the auto deposit was easy. And the check in software was absurdly easy to use. The few times I did have questions the customer support answered the questions pretty fast as well.

Cons
My only complaint about Ticketspice is that they do not support Android. Once they have an Android app I do not know what they will be able to do to improve their service.

Diana McHugh

Thank you, TicketSpice!

Reviewed 2016-07-05

We used TicketSpice for our largest fundraiser of the year; a unique Orange is the New Black-themed premiere party and musical performance. Learning how to use the app, tailoring it to our needs, getting near-constant and friendly assistance from the TicketSpice team, and utilizing the app during and after our event was all simple, exciting, and worry-free.

Pros
The customer service was prompt, friendly, and patient. The app was flawless on the night of our event. The cost is very low without sacrificing quality. The app was flexible enough to meet nearly every need we had from start to finish.

Cons
The only real con for us was some limitations with reporting. It would have also been nice to do a test run of the app in action (scanning tickets, etc) with a test ticket - versus having to use real tickets for testing our phones, etc.

No ticketed events without TicketSpice

Reviewed 2018-09-17

As a start up, we needed to ticket events in a cost effective manner, that still made us look professional with a platform that is user friendly for nonprogrammer types. Ticket Spice was the perfect answer for us. As long as I'm at the helm of our production company, I will never use another platform to ticket source our events.

Pros
The ease of putting together ticketing for a simple event to the most complicated, professional looking results, and helpful, timely customer service.

Cons
The only con I can think of is online customer service is offline on the weekends/Sundays. Sometimes that's when I'm working on the platform. But their online resources to find your own answers is really helpful sometimes negating the need to speak with someone directly!

Peter Dowdy

Good find!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-08-09

Everything was great. Customer service stayed up to date on the process of project and being on hands with helping when needed.

Pros
I like the fact that it's free to use but charges per ticket, which isn't a lot at all.

Cons
I didn't like that I had to set everything up and EVERYTHING wasn't automated...but that's just the millennial in me talking. It would be a cool feature to speak or scan everything you wanted and it automatically created the tickets for you.

VICTORIA WOJCIK

Works wonderful for my events & the customer service team is hands down AMAZING!

Reviewed 2020-02-04

I was very hesitant on using any type of event software, so I did a ton of trial and error with other free-trial software options and did my fair share of research prior to committing to purchasing anything. The customer service team has been awesome - all of the representatives are extremely kind, helpful and are all very knowledgeable on anything I have questions on!

Pros
User friendly; fool-proof; inexpensive; customer service is A+!

Cons
Nothing now - confusing at first getting to understand setup but overall its amazing and super easy to use!

Dan Costello

Very easy to use and removed all of the headaches that we've had to deal with on prior events.

Reviewed 2017-11-12

Saved time and money.

Pros
Easy to use, tracking, refunds, payments, processing. Easy to customize pages. Everything was very easy and made our event much smoother. Scanning was a cinch and lines moved fast. Can't really think of anything to change it was so good.

Cons
We had a weird glitch, which could be totally unrelated but it would add a random amount of drinks to some tickets. Easy to refund though so not a big deal. Of 200+ registrants, only 5 people had this.

Todd Crawford

Great Product and Value

Reviewed 2018-11-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I'm very happy and currently using this product!

Pros
The system has great features & functionality. The costs are very reasonable as well. We have access to reserved seating we can use if needed.

Cons
I really only have one issue that seems to have a limitation. The embedding feature Does not work super well on the website. It looks good and functions but it has limited customization. I've had this issue with every ticketing system I've used though.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10