Paylocity

Paylocity is a web based payroll and HR solution for medium-

Paylocity Reviews

Pros

Most of the features are easy to use and intuitive. The best part is the customer service and the dedicated representative to help with everything we need.

Alex R.

This company had excellent rollout of the product into the work environment with the most amazing customer support I've ever received.

Sarah C.

I like that there are a variety of solutions to help with all of our HR processes. The system is user friendly and common sensical.

AS

Amy S.

Cons

If it weren't a hassle to switch systems, I would switch in a heartbeat. This is a terrible platform and I am unimpressed with the company as a whole.

SM

Sarah M.

KM

Kimberly M.

The interface is terrible and they are making changes all the time. I have a rotating door of "account managers" and never get ahold of the same person twice.

BM

Breanne M.

AL

Akia L.

Program Supervisor

Civic & Social Organization, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use for employee database

Transcript

Akia: Hi, I'm Akia. I'm a quality assurance manager, and I give Paylocity a rating of four out of five....

Paylocity Review

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Mallory. I am an HR coordinator. I would rate Paylocity a four out of five. And...

User friendly HRIS

Paylocity has been amazing through and through. We have been able to do so many great engagement activities thanks to Community. Managers are able to submit journal entries on the go for quick responses and feedback.

Pros

We love the mobile capability for our team. Most features are accessible from smartphones, which helps our technicians in the field.

Cons

The benefits of EDI transfers were more of an issue that it's worth implementing. Rates changes and the open enrollment spreadsheet is cumbersome. It's our least favorite product.

Good HR and Payroll System

Overall, we are happy with Paylocity; however, there are a few things, like I mentioned earlier that seem a little behind the times.

Pros

I find the reporting feature to be robust because the reports available contain all of the information I need to report on. E.G., Date of Hire, Supervisor name, employee list, payroll data.

Cons

The paid time off balance information really needs to improve. Currently, employees don't see any accrued or used PTO until the next payperiod (semi-monthly). Employees would like to see their balance in real time.

Paylocity User 5+ years

The system works well once configured properly and its price point is strong; the system has a broad set of capabilities to meet a wide range of needs however implementing these various solutions can be frustrating as the customer support model is, in my opinion, flawed. A single point of contact is assigned however anything involving system changes or functional additions requires the issue be assigned to an 'internal team' where queues tend to be extremely long.

Pros

The product has excellent, though not intuitive, report writing capabilities.

Cons

Implementation was a challenge; platform has week customer support often taking days, or even weeks, to have issues resolved when they crop up. The system is complex, as most powerful systems are, and finding employees with experience with the platform is difficult.

Paylocity - Web Pay

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently....

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests....

Great valuable product for company

I am very satisfied with this product.

Pros

Basically all features and all are in one place and easy to navigate.

Cons

Price little bit high but it's doesn't matter as it provides great features.

Easy to implement payroll software

Paylocity has simplified and streamlined our payroll process. After switching from another payroll provider, and paper and pen to record hours, it has been a seamless transition to Paylocity for our team.

Pros

Paylocity is intuitive and simple to use. Prior to implementing Paylocity, our team members used paper to record all hours worked. The switch to recording hours in Paylocity was seamless amongst our team members.

Cons

We didn't find any aspects of this software to be difficult to learn or use. If anything, I believe we could use more of Paylocity's features, such as applicant tracking and benefits management, as time progresses.

Very Satisfied

Having our payroll taxes and tax returns taken care of and the assistance in resolving problems. Saves us time and worry. Paylocity can accommodate the employees with every deposit needs and changes, which again save us time in trying to meet those requests.

Pros

The ease of processing is what I like most about the software. It is functional to our needs, especially the tracking of hours, wages, and benefits which make reporting and budgeting easier. Best customer service.

Cons

The most difficult to understand is the ACA tracking. Some employees always need fixing. Entering Holidays from year to year sometimes has issues in making sure that it automatically loads into employee files.

To move to Paylocity or not?

The integration was a large undertaking; however, we did them step-by-step. The payroll has been huge. We've gotten back hours to our days along with the reassurance that some random thing didn't go wrong with payroll that was previously out of our control. The piece of mind that everything is working as it should is worth all the effort.

Pros

The integration in the software with all of the different areas, i.e. benefits, recruiting, payroll, ACA, W2, timecards, HR all make it worth the effort to transition to this software. The company and software have delivered on all of the promises that were made when the software was pitched to us.

Cons

There are only small, personal changes that I would make. They are small picky things that I would like but do not hinder the software in any way.

Best HCM software I've used!

This is the best HCM software that I've used compared to ADP, Sage Abra, Paychex, and PlanSource.

Pros

The ease of use is great, the software is so user friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

There are a couple of functionalities that I wish we had within the system and that the report write tool would be easier to use.

Another average payroll system

Overall our experience has been average at best. Customer service and speed to resolution has been an issue.

Pros

Employee notification Employee search option Timekeeping

Cons

Customer service. Lack of knowledge on reporting requirements Reporting features Difficult to access historical employee data Not obtaining the service level that they "sell"

Great product; a lot of personnel changes recently

Overall, Paylocity has really helped my organization come out of the "dark ages". I love that we are no longer a paper and pen company!

Pros

I love the Paylocity platform! It's intuitive and I like how most of the functionality "speaks" to each other (i.e. you can send hires in the recruiting function over to the onboarding function and then over to payroll).

Cons

Within the last year I have had a LOT of change in my account managers - both my main rep and my benefits rep. It's a bit frustrating because I was working with my old reps on stuff that the new folks don't necessarily know about and then I have to explain the issue all over again.

Payroll Processing Platform with integrated human resources tools

Overall, my experience with Paylocity has been very beneficial. Each obstacle that our company has faced in terms of HR and payroll, Paylocity has been able to guide us through. Paylocity is a great platform for facilitating and administrating employment details.

Pros

This software comprehensively ties together many aspects of a human resources department. This makes it easy for a small business owner who may not necessarily need to hire a individual dedicated human resources to facilitate the necessary components of providing wholesome employment. Paylocity has strong reporting and data processing in addition to robust customer support that effectively and efficiently help troubleshoot potential obstacles.

Cons

It seems that some aspects of the software don't exactly tie together. For example, when entering an hourly employee group in HR and Payroll, I often forget to add them into employee groups in time and labor. Subsequently, the supervisor has no way of tracking the employee's timecard. Additionally managing benefits in the employee's payroll file versus the HR file. Although this may be because our company does not fully utilize the benefits package that Paylocity offers.

Paylocity Rating

Time and Efficiency Savers: 1)We were able to go from a paper based evaluation process to an electronic based process with Paylocity. 2) We we able to go from a paper expense report to an electronic based process where the expense flowed automatically from employee to supervisor to their paycheck. 3) ACA reporting is handled by Paylocity. 4) Benefits Open Enrollment is now electronic with Paylocity....

Pros

1) You have a dedicated Account Manager. 2) I have worked with a few payroll companies during my HR tenure and Paylocity by far is the best product on the market. It is so user friendly. Employees love it because it is easy to use, it has a mobile app, and anything they need related to payroll and benefits is in one place. 3) Transferring from our old payroll company to Paylocity was an easy transition....

Cons

No Cons. I've used other payroll companies in the past, Paylocity far exceeds all of them.

Robust system, not the most user friendly

We have 100s of contractors who are managed separately from our full- and part-time staff. Paylocity enabled us to handle the different demands of both groups.

Pros

A very robust system. Keeps abreast of policy changes making it easy to consider options. Extremely function rich with many reporting options, sometimes to the point of fault in that it takes some training to become familiar with the system. Integration and customer services have both been excellent.

Cons

The system is not the most user friendly, but it adds functionality in place of user experience. For example, adding a new 401k/403b program took multiple calls with customer service to be sure everything was set appropriately. Same for HSA enrollment. The full product requires more than a basic level of technical proficiency.

Pros and Cons

Overall it has been a good experience and a good value for the price.

Pros

We are a small firm (10 employees), so we did not need a robust system to manage our current payroll. We were looking for something which would grow with us, so we wouldn't need to change systems. Paylocity offers many tools which we are not currently using, but will need in the future. It is very easy to run Payroll, Customer Service is timely in their responses and keeping the customer updated if an issue takes a little more time to resolve.

Cons

The connection to our financial software system, QuickBooks Online, is not intuitive. Even after a year and a half of using Paylocity, the connection is still not set up properly because the heavy lifting is done by the user. It would be helpful if Paylocity would take a more active role in setting up the link.

Happy Customer

No system is perfect, but we are overall happy with Paylocity. They have multiple modules that we just keep adding on that make connecting with employees and having one system for multiple aspects of the business very easy.

Pros

Paylocity is easy to use for users. I love that the company is always improving the software and values feedback. Our account manager is always helpful. I manage payroll and Paylocity makes it very easy to complete and I love how there are so many things that integrate with the system. For instance, our 401(k) provider connects, as well as the benefits module.

Cons

The reporting is not very user-friendly for what we use it for, especially expense reports. But overall they are always making improvements and asking for feedback, which makes me hopeful that the reports will improve more.

Paylocity Is the Go To

My overall experience with Paylocity is very positive. My implementation went very smooth and the continued follow up made the process work very well. Since then, there have been no major issues or mishaps. The most important thing to me is paying employees promptly and accurately. While Paylocity cannot prevent human error, it does do all it can to advise, report and remind about items which could present issues . We are very happy with Paylocity and all it has to offer.

Pros

Paylocity is user friendly and provides more than enough guidance in processing payroll and keeping employee information organized. In addition, all of the HR auditing and tracking is helpful so as to not have to track separately. The PEAK resources and on demand training courses are also very helpful when needing a quick "How-To". There is no doubt that we do not use Paylocity to is fullest extend, but the ability is there when needed.

Cons

It is hard to give negative feedback about a product that does more than one can fully comprehend. The report writer can be tricky if you are not familiar with how to use it. When doing an Employee Search, I do not like how the information displays by sliding from right to left. I would prefer it display as it does when you go into the Employee HR File. I really like the new HR Actions module,...

Very Intuitive and User Frendly System

I have worked in many systems and Paylocity is by far my preference. Their implementations are smooth and their product is exactly what they promote it to be. Their robust reporting features have allowed us to better support our finance team in creating more accurate financial backup. The ease of use for our users has created more accurate timekeeping and labor cost allocations.

Pros

Paylocity is very a very intuitive system. All of our team members, from the more computer savvy to the infrequent computer users liked the ease of use of Paylocity.

Cons

I really don't have any negative feedback. Paylocity is very good about collecting feedback from customers and working to implement changes in the software to meet their clients needs. Many companies say that, but I have witnessed in many instances that Paylocity has DONE it.

Paylocity rocks!

Overall, it's great to have everything in one place and to have the different modules interact with each other. Much easier than previous products we've used!

Pros

I love the idea of having almost all of the aspects of my job in one place! For the most part, the software is easy to use. The Impressions in the Self-Service section is used by our staff for our annual awards, as well as, a way to say good things about your co-workers. Paylocity ROCKS!!!

Cons

Onboarding can be a bit difficult to use. I had to send the link 3 times for our last new employee because it wouldn't let her in. It's not as instinctual as I'd like.

HR Manager's Best Friend

I like Paylocity a lot and as a company we are very satisfied with the software and currently wouldn't look to change HR & Payroll systems unless something significantly better or more cost effective came along. As long as Paylocity keep moving forward and making the userability experience their focus we will remain a customer.

Pros

I use Paylocity everyday and find the software very user friendly. For our business size it is very cost effective for what you get.

Cons

There are some minor features that have bugs that I have bought up over a year ago that have yet to be fixed. The PTO tracking feature is not very user friendly and causes a lot of confusion amongst employees and admins alike.

Paylocity consistently meets our needs and provides support when needed.

I found HR & Payroll so unbelievably easy to use that we soon added the user friendly Time & Attendance module, later, the Expenses. We delayed adding Expenses because they did not yet have the Proxy setup. As soon as they got that going, which decreased the time we spent on expenses reimbursements by more than two thirds. When Covid shut our office down last March, I was so glad I was already established with Paylocity and had already begun to look into more features. We were able to quickly add Onboarding, Performance Management, and Benefits Enterprise, so we transitioned pretty seamlessly to a remote working. Impressions are a big hit with all of our employees. Great way to hand out kudos.

Pros

The thing I love most about Paylocity is having all the various modules that make my work life easier. We transitioned our payroll to Paylocity in 2015 because our service at the time did not have ACA compliance capability. The ACA compliance was the most important feature, and it continues to be something I rely on. We have since added many other features, all of which solve our business needs.

Cons

The one complaint I have about Paylocity is that I cannot impersonate a user. I don't know what users see on their screens and that makes it difficult for me to walk them through any processes, especially now that I cannot just walk over to their desk.

So good, selected a 2nd time

I first used Paylocity 10 years ago at a prior employer when we were changing our payroll system. When I left that company last year, we were still using Paylocity and happy with the services it provided. At my new employer, I was tasked with finding a way to leave a P.E.O. and researched several other systems before settling on Paylocity again. For the functionality and the pricing, Paylocity was very competitive for what we needed.

Pros

The features that Paylocity offers for an entire HCM system is very easy to use and implement.

Cons

It isn't always scalable. Some features that get rolled out are in the early stages making them difficult to implement all the time because the pieces desired are missing. We had originally planned to use the recruiting and applicant tracking system but it would take so long to set-up, it doesn't make sense to move from what we have been using that has so much of our previous history already available.

Easy to use, end users have been impressed

Pros

The end user employees are able to take care of most questions and issues themselves through the Self Service Portal. Our semi-monthly payroll entry is simple. Like how the recruiting information for a new employee rolls over to onboarding and HR seamlessly.

Cons

There are some processes that aren't intuitive. For example, setting up HSA bank accounts for individual employees. The integration with our benefits software is a little buggy. There have been errors and I still have to go into our benefits system to make sure terminations and new employees are rolling over.

Review for Paylocity

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Highly Recommend

Overall, I've been really really with Paylocity. I think they've done a really fantastic job updating the system for COVID related issues such as FFCRA, ERC, etc. For that, I am very very very thankful.

Pros

The customer service is really great. I am able to call my dedicated service person any day of the week and they know me and my needs. If my dedicated service person is ever unavailable, then the other reps i contact are very helpful as well.... you don't see this with every HRIS system. They also seem to care about our requests for system improvements which I think is critical. I find this...

Cons

The modules i am not using like applicant tracking, recruitment, onboarding, benefits management, etc. aren't really built out enough to make them worth the high price. I still have to use other software for all of those services because i've found better vendors that do most of what i need and they aren't as expensive as the Paylocity add-on. It's too bad, because I'd really like to use one system for everything. Upper management is not accessible which is disappointing. There is no way to add volunteers and independent contractors into the HRISI system for free - this is usually available from HRIS systems.