Forms On Fire Logo

Mobile forms, dispatch, task and workflow solution

Forms On Fire Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.1/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

prontoforms-mobile-forms
jotform-4-0

Their customer service is outstanding and it helps to have competent, responsive help only a phone call away when you're dealing with the information backbone of a business.
Here I was able to realize all things I need in a nice interface in a very short time. The support is perfect and fast, so I will integrate it in all my software and recommend it my customers.
The idea is great and most of all the fact that you can see your work on an app on your phone is super usefull.
Another potential issue with Formsonfire is its limited offline functionality.
My only complaint is that I can't use the repeating table with a repeating table with the Sync SQL connector - I have many projects that could use this.
This is a hill I will die on. It's the most important product in our tech stack.

Matthew Maximo V.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Forms are definitely on Fire!!!!

Forms on fire was exactly the middle ground we needed between being offline using paper and developping our own mobile app for internal use. We decided that simply digitizing the forms was the best use of our time and money and it has had a great ROI. Within the first 3 weeks of using FoF we were able to increase productivity and decrease paper to computer entry completely. Reports that usually took 1 hrs to gather the information and another hour to digitize and publish could be done on the fly during the data gathering phase.

Pros

This software is so easy to use! If you can drag and drop you can make a nice UI and form that is accessible reliably from any mobile platform. We really did have an easy time taking our existing excel sheets, modifying them to a forms on fire friendly format and setting that up. Total effort was about 10 hrs for a form conversion (first time, and done manually).

Cons

We got stuck with a few elements (how to pass data in a certain format) that didn't work, but Forms on fire customer support were available to help us get through it. It turns out it was user error and not Forms on Fire

Hey Matthew, thank you for your 10 out of 10 review. Our support team is always available via email, telephone, or chat whenever you need us.

CA

Claudine A.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Great Product

FOF has provided a very efficient and effective tool for us to record and report information from very remote locations. It was easy to import and integrate the data captured with other analytics to enhance overall company reporting. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

This product has saved us significant time recording and reporting data from remote locations. It is easy to use and the support staff was very easy to work with!

Cons

At this point we have not had any major issues or cons with this product.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our product! We're thrilled to hear that it has significantly streamlined your data recording and reporting processes, especially in remote locations. Your praise for our user-friendly interface and supportive staff is greatly appreciated. It's awesome to know that you've found value in Forms On Fire's application and we are happy to hear that the system has contributed to enhancing your company's reporting capabilities. Your high recommendation means a lot to us!

Gabriel C.

Entertainment, self-employed

Uncomprehensible for neophyt

Pros

Cons

Very very poor design and way too much information. I'm really not a tech guy and I've seen a lot of good reviews so sorry for this bad one but this could've been super usefull for me and Ican't use it because I do not understand anythinig that is going on. I can't put on photos on the app for instance

Hello Gabriel, thank you for your review and apologies for your trouble. The system has a gigantic number of features and we recently introduced a basic mode, if you turn that on. Adding a photo should be a snap. Reach out please to our support group for free help. We hope to see you again for a second free trial.

Jackie B.

Make Forms That Make Everyone's Life Easier!

Pros

I'm a CODiE Award judge and have seen a ton of product. Forms On Fire are clearly mobile experts and have built a product that solves a core problem: how to create forms that make everyone's life easier - starting with yours! (No need to hire an army of SW developers who'll take months, only to add so much complexity that end-users won't use them.) In my opinion, here are some best use cases: Marketing...

Cons

I was able to get started without contacting them for any help. But more tutorials are always welcome.

Thanks again for your kind words Jackie, and if you want to get another product tour to see what is coming down the road, sign up at our web site.

TP

Tom P.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Very easy for end users to grasp

Had a use for the product and everyone I talked with, was more than helpful getting us comfortable and up and running quickly.

Pros

Easy to get end user paper documents and processes converted to electronic format. very customizable product.

Cons

I really don't have a dislike for the product.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that our product's ease of use and customization have met your needs for converting documents and processes to electronic format. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're here to continue providing you with the help and solutions you need. Thanks again for choosing our Forms On Fire and we look forward to supporting your success in the future!

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Very versatile and easy to use. Excellent customer support!

Ease of use as a designer and user. All of my users are very pleased with user experience. Great support team.

Pros

I have used forms on fire for several types of data collection with my team and have had a very positive experience as a form designer and user. The form builder is intuitive and easy to use and very easy to test. I love the fact that they have a windows app, especially when it comes to testing changes on my forms. Make a change, open window app, test and adjust. Anytime I hit a wall and I am not sure what to do, a few minutes spent on the support chat gets me what I need. Forms on fire is flexible, powerful and an economical way to collect the data my team needs from the field.

Cons

Forms on Fire has a very extensive knowledge base, that could be improved by the addition of some short videos that walk users through some of the more complicated tasks. The support information is all there, I just learn easier when I can see it in action.

Hey, thanks again for your terrific review. We just launched a revised knowledge base and I think you're going to like it. Drop by support.formsonfire.com and let us know what you think.

JL

Jamie L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Awesome!!!

We have gone completely paperless, which has saved time and money

Pros

I like the customisability of the software, if you can think of something you want, more than likely.... it can do it. Also their support is second to none

Cons

There is nothing really to dislike... sure there are somethings that some people would want. But these guys listen, and usually deliver the goods in updates

We love having you as a client, Jamie. Thank you for the kind words.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Blattner Energy Quality Systems Administrator

Pros

Easy to use for all levels of the business. Automatically send a PDF to your network drive when all approvals are completed. Works well on iPhone and Windows 10.

Cons

We should be able to select multiple data "Forms" when exporting data in Table View.

Thank you for the review. This is an excellent idea! One thing to consider is designing the forms you want to export as a single form, using our data-driven capabilities. The other is to hold a data warehouse where the same table captures data from many or all of your forms. This is entirely possible to do if you utilize the JSON data type. Please set something up with your assigned program manager and they can review the details with you! :)

Guy P.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Excellent solution to complex form problems

Pros

Flexibility and extensiveness of the platform, and ability to use Word/Excel as the template for PDF outputs.

Cons

Competitors have put more time into the reporting capabilities (front end ability to view/slice data) as well as form calculation formula

Thank you Guy. If you want more information about reporting ideas, schedule a product tour on our web site. Thanks for your loyalty, we love having you as a client!

LM

Lloyd M.

Public Safety, self-employed

Absolutely the best

Pros

Saves so much time which saves money for my company.

Cons

Nothing absolutely love it best thing I have purchased

Thank you immensely for your glowing review! We're overjoyed to hear that Forms On Fire has been a valuable time-saver for your company, ultimately contributing to cost savings as well. It's incredibly rewarding for us to know that our product stands out as the best investment you've made, with no drawbacks in your experience. Your satisfaction and success are what we aim for with our service. Should you have any suggestions or need further assistance, we're always here to support you. Thank you for choosing and trusting Forms On Fire!

DG

Dana G.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Adaptable Platform

Has been excellent. For those familiar with Microsoft Excel the learning curve is gentle and the more one works in the system the more opportunities arise. The support from the Forms on Fire team has been fantastic, better than any other digital platform I've used even outside this space.

Pros

The fact that the platform is a blank slate that allows for a large amount of customization is very important for our organization as it means our digital information management can match the changing circumstances of the work site. The fact as well that it is a no code platform allows for area experts in our field to engage in the development of forms without the need for an extensive IT background.

Cons

While luckily not the largest issue for us, the fact that there is a limit of 50,000 row in the data sources does mean that there can be a risk regarding large scale operations but there do seem to be some work around that we are exploring for our larger systems.

Thank you so much for your terrific review, Dana. As you may know, if you maintain rows in an external database, there is no limit. Please be sure to submit any good ideas you have for the product to our support group. All the best to you.

GM

George M.

Forms On Fire saved the day

As a consultant serving a rapidly growing business, I needed a technology I could count on for reliability, scalability, easy configuration, and ease of maintenance. We didn't have the budget for a custom-code software project or to buy a big ERP solution. We had some internal processes and some customer-facing processes that needed to be standardized, controlled, and mobilized to improve our performance...

We LOVE our clients!

CW

Chris W.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Covers everything from simple to complex

We have been working with Forms On Fire for over 2 years and are very pleased with the excellent service and a great product. We use this software to build our own survey apps which are heavy on data and have lots of photos. It is easy to use and building a form is a fairly simple process. We rely heavily on the connectors to save forms to Box and for customer facing reports. Being able to customize a report in Word is amazing when compared to our old mobile survey system. Our field users love the ease of use and the instant update. Regular enhancements and new features keep expanding its usability. Great product with some of the best customer support you will find!

Pros

Ease of use, great support, easy adoption and deployment

Cons

The mapping feature, using GPS function still needs improvement

Chris, be sure to send us any improvements you want to see in the GPS/Mapping function, we would love to hear your ideas and see if we can include them into the 2017 product roadmap!

WJ

Will J.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent all-round data capture tool

We started out using FOF as a basic inspection tool but we've started to realize how powerful it is for tasks such as inventory management. Equally impressive is the ability to generate, email and file really nice templated documents in under a minute.

Pros

We've used this software for everything from general inspections to land assessments. Except for a few advanced features the software is exceptionally easy to use and I've always received great customer service if I get stuck on something. Offline data capture and offline printing are really powerful features.

Cons

Not much to dislike. It's a bit tough to get your head around some of the data-source read/write functions....but again their customer-service makes up for it whenever you encounter an issue.

JO

Johannes O.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Great software to prepare and update your company for the future!

I only do have good experiences with forms on fire, using it on a daily basis for forms like "Damaged Material Reports" and all othe reports needed within logistics.

Pros

Database to have conformity throughout the organization. Exportable Excel data for further use. NO PAPER!!! Easy use for employees.

Cons

As being a customer in Germany, german language would be a great thing to have.

Hello Johannes, We are happy to now support the German language. Feel free to contact our support team if you have any trouble. Vielen Dank, dass Sie Kunde sind!

John S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A goood software to create customizable forms and streamline their data collection processes.

Formsonfire is a flexible and user-friendly data collection and workflow automation tool that can help businesses streamline their operations and improve their efficiency.

Pros

The platform allows businesses to create customized forms and workflows that are tailored to their specific needs, and can be used across a range of industries and use cases. Additionally, Formsonfire provides users with a range of tools and features that can help them automate their processes, such as email and SMS notifications, integrations with third-party tools, and real-time reporting.Another advantage of using Formsonfire is its ease of use. The platform is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, with a drag-and-drop form builder that makes it easy to create and customize forms. Additionally, Formsonfire provides users with a range of templates and pre-built forms that can be used as a starting point, saving time and reducing the learning curve.

Cons

While Formsonfire offers a range of pricing plans that are designed to be accessible to businesses of all sizes, the cost can add up quickly if you require a large number of forms or advanced features.Another potential issue with Formsonfire is its limited offline functionality. While the platform does allow users to collect data offline, there are some limitations to what can be done without an internet connection. This may be a concern for businesses that operate in areas with limited connectivity or require real-time data collection and reporting.

Thank you so much for your review. Working offline is built-in to the product but will have limitations. We have some clients who are using the product with live emergency systems and they use advanced wireless systems to remain online. Reach out to our support organization if you'd like some recommendations on these types of systems.

JS

Jim S.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Forms on Fire App

Great and very useful app...I use FOF daily to record sales and service visits to customers... I rely on historical data to compile reoccurring reports and business updates. I use the app on my smart phone exclusively. I access product and customer data instantly and on the fly... Questions and concerns can be addressed on the spot with the app...saves tons of time and minimizes call backs.

Pros

Easy to use... Mobile, comprehensive data, paperless... Archive features...data retention. Shared data... Ability to update and modify data. Portable and photo link feature.

Cons

Occasional redundancy of data inputs...

DA

Diana A.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

My business has become 100% more organized thanks to this app; I got exactly what I wanted for a much cheaper price than what others quoted me; the Forms on Fire staff are very friendly, caring and responsive.

Pros

It was customized specifically for my business through one on one consultations and design planning. The price was very affordable compared to the regular cost of developing and maintaining an app.

Cons

Look of the menus, etc could be updated to be a little more modern looking but it's not a big deal. Also more data sorting options can be added.

MK

Micah K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Customer Service and pretty easy to use

It was a little difficult learning how to create my first form, but after talking with their support staff for an hour. I was able to build my custom form from scratch. I have since created many other custom forms on the same platform giving my business the leading edge over my competitors. thank you form on fire for a great software. Cheers

Pros

once the form is created its very user friendly for my employees to fill out in the field

Cons

its difficult to build the back end of the form. Especially if I want to add in some more in depth logic .

Rl

Ronald l.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Forms on fire

Pros

I like that you have many features that can be incorporated in the style that you like.

Cons

Right now I can't enter a picture after it has been placed in the desktop. I would like that ability.

Hello Ronald, Thank you for your review. This can easily be done with a workflow to your desktop from the field. Please contact our support group to evaluate the specific apps you would like to work as you describe. We would love to get you more value out of it! :)

KO

Katie O.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Easy and quick to use!

This gives my company a quick, consistent paperwork and forms to give our resident's that way someone can have the form they need at a quick time! We also use this to schedule pest control for our residents and that seems to relay the information they need as well.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use! I never used this software before and when I was trained on it, it was so quick to understand and the items I need are at a quick access!

Cons

Sometimes I have to force sync to get what I want to pull up, but nothing too hard to do!

MR

Mark R.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Modern Forms Service Shines!

We have been testing Forms on Fire for a week, with the intent to purchase for a large project. The product is incredible, compared to others that I have worked with. The Designer is very intuitive, yet has advanced features such as data sources, filtering, formulas, and dynamic answers. Essentially, this service can create almost any form imaginable. Finally, the support team has been amazing. I submitted some tickets and then numerous follow-up questions. The response time was not only fast, but the answers were helpful, and to date, any problem I found has been solved. Suggestion for improvement is updating the Windows app to match the newer beta features released in the iOS app, but I understand this may happen in the near future.

Pros

Intuitive design interface and ability to use data sources across multiple forms.

Cons

Tough question, but perhaps the lack of the ability to connect directly to an SQL database (without the API) or publish fields directly to SharePoint.

RT

Rhiannon T.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Amazing Software!!

Forms on Fire has saved our company so much time and made us highly efficient. It's so nice to work with people who are not only great at customer service but know their own software fowards and backwards!

Cons

Hey, thanks again for your review. Hope you have found some terrific improvements for your business.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great app for getting feedback as forms

Pros

- The software is packed with lots of features so that I can get almost any type of data from the user - The elements that can be used in the doc is extensive, and I can build great richer forms

Cons

- There is not freemium model and the pricing seems to high - The knowledge base provides tutorial for the basic level of data. But we need to figure out on out own for more advanced features. - Lots of bugs in the features

Please be sure to sign up for our free training class by sending an email to engage@formsonfire.com. Also, we encourage you to ask support@formsonfire.com about any potential bugs you may be seeing. We pride ourselves on quality software and we would like to understand what you're seeing in this area as soon as possible. Thank you,

AS

Andrew S.

Sophisticated yet Simple

I use Forms on Fire to make every day operations of my business more efficient and organized. Linking forms to connectors such as dropbox allowed us to quickly and easily access information in one space. Building forms is fairly simple, but I have gotten stuck a time or two. They have great customer service to help you through these kinks as well.

Pros

Very efficient and simple to learn and apply to operations.

Cons

The software does not really support repeating tables within repeating pages. Hopefully this can be corrected with time. I believe this would be a very strong feature.