Forms On Fire Reviews

Forms On Fire

Mobile forms, dispatch, task and workflow solution

Forms On Fire

Review Summary

Cliff G.

Will J.

Read the full review
Once I was guided through, it actually became fun. M so happy with how it turned out, and it has given me a huge advantage over the competition.

Micah K.

Read the full review

Cons

We chose to move to electronic forms because our tech lost the occasional work order and this incurs costs for our company and we wanted to eliminate losses from that department.

Christopher P.

Read the full review
I can not think of any cons with Forms on Fire.

Jason M.

Read the full review
Ve noticed so lagging when going through quickly, but it's nothing to write home about.

4.7

A unique and powerful platform

This platform has been a great success in taking paper-based processes onto mobile devices and producing bespoke reports automatically. The support is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Pros

I discovered Forms on Fire while researching platforms that could replace the paper-based systems of one of my consulting clients. No other platform offered the same level of flexibility, power and support. I can build exactly what they need without them having to bend their long-established processes out of shape to fit into a purpose-built platform. The results have been excellent - hundreds of hours saved per month and continuously improving. Forms on Fire integrates with their existing SQL database, and produces Word reports that use the existing template. This process is seamless, producing far more detailed and better-looking reports than alternatives.

Cons

There are features that lack some polish or ease of use (e.g. currently the sketch feature has some quirks when used for making diagrams rather than recording signatures), but the support team is always open to feedback and every concern I have raised has been either addressed immediately or I have been advised that it is being considered for development.

Easiest to Implement!

Very pleased with the ease of developing our forms, distributing, updating, and collecting the uploaded data . The drag and drop interface for forms is outstanding and the help files make it easy to develop any workflow you can imagine, very powerful!

Pros

Our team especially liked the openness of the software programming interface, the associated help files, and the superb customer support whenever we had a question. We knew going in that we would have some "special tasks" we would need to implement and Forms On Fire appeared to have the best programming system in place to easily make that happen using our own personnel and not requiring the software company to handle everything at additional cost. The system is so easy it just doesn't require that much support, but if you need it, they are there to help!

Cons

I think the website interface could use a few minor improvements like having data view columns maintain their positions between sessions or refreshes, and perhaps a little more development on the dashboard, although we'll probably develop our own that most of the vendors for this type of software simply don't offer.

Hi Cliff, thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate all our clients. Most our clients want such specific information about dashboards. Have you talked to our pro services team about designing something for you and your specific data? Reach out to us, we want to help! -Kendall

Smooth interface but technical issues frequently come up

Pros

The software is easy to use, clean interface, and alerts me when I am missing required information

Cons

There are frequent problems whenever we try to make an update, things don’t seem to work how we expected them to. Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this.

Helps us stand out

Helps us stand out from the competition

Pros

Connectivity with other software. It allows us to include pictures into the report.

Cons

Programming is not that easy, hard to learn.

Mobile forms that work

Learning curve was not as complex as other platforms I have used. The online support has been good. System up time has never been a concern. Employee adoption has been great. Overaall glad I moved to Forms on Fire

Pros

The capability of the platform allows you to create simple and complex form solutions. It 's built in support for the Windows platform has simplified my development and testing of forms. It supports SharePoint integration which makes updating the mobile lists in the platform effortless.

Cons

The SharePoint connector doe not allow changes int he lists on your device to be updated thru the SharePoint connector

Forms on Fire Review.

Pros

In one word: flexibility. Basic forms can be developed by almost anybody. More advanced forms can be developed by getting a little creative, though you may need to reach out to Forms on Fire to help implement your desired solution.

Cons

Forms on Fire can be incredibly complex, requiring users to do a lot of learning.

Forms on Fire

We are using Forms on Fire on all our field tablets to gather resident and sampling information. Greatly reduces the use of paper, and minimizes with pull down menus the typing errors, etc.

Pros

System is flexible, powerful, and easily adaptable to a lot of different applications. We were able to use existing templates and got them integrated into our user platform relatively easy. User friendly, app does save any information entered if you have to quickly exit and loose service. Fantastic customer support.

Cons

Some features are still being worked on, at times can become unstable and crash on us in the field. Fortunately, the entered data is being saved and we loose little time until we are back up and running.

Excellent Platform

Mobile option helped us stay informed with weekly, monthly and yearly sales at all of our assigned store locations.

Pros

Ease of use with platform. I visit stores daily and use this tool to keep track of previous visits, sales data has been incorporated into the tool, as well as relevant information to help keep stores and my on track. This software was modified to fit what the Territory Managers with my company needed and required of the tool.

Cons

Excellent initial product, but needed modified to fit my job.

Think it's a great product

Overall experience with this product has been great

Pros

Easy for end users to complete and share information

Cons

Data not always the way you want for presentation

User friendly

Pros

I love how easy it is to fill out the forms and the ability to add new forms as needed

Cons

In ability to delete a form in the field if you needed to

Fun to use, so robust for small businesses looking for efficiency

Ability to gather info from guys in the field and turn it into nice-looking reports for customers and actionable knowledge for the office.

Pros

When my business needed a form built and I was tired of waiting for programmers to build stuff for us that cost a lot of money and our time trying to explain to them what we needed, then wasn't quite right because they still don't really understand our business, I decided to build one myself. I then spent a lot of time looking at different products, and most of the ones that had the core functionality I needed (the ability to automatically create PDFs) were either too annoyingly simple and couldn't make the calculations I needed or they were so complex I would have to learn a lot of programming. Thank goodness I found Forms on Fire! It's the perfect middle ground that lets me do amazing things with a little work and playing around but takes care of the basics in the background.

Cons

They have a knowledge base that is great for getting started, but often doesn't show enough examples for me to quickly understand how to make their more advanced features work. And sometimes they go ahead and release new features (yay!) without fully debugging or writing up how to use or the bugs they've already found and are working on.

Hi Joanna, we appreciate your kind words and we now have a process in place for adding examples to our knowledge base, which occurs every week!

Insane levels of power and customization at an affordable price

FoF allowed us to create custom inspection forms to match exactly what we needed without any superfluous junk that would just get in the way. Other platforms we looked at required us to use pre-existing templates that would make us either have to ignore or fill out stuff we didn't care about, while FoF allowed us to make custom inspection forms for every aspect of the business for easy tracking/sorting/recording of in-field data that's vital to our business.

Pros

It allows anyone to customize inspection forms for literally any industry and/or location at an affordable price. Get just what you want, nothing more, nothing less. One-size-fits-all doesn't actually fit anyone; this software fits YOU like a bespoke suit from Lloyd's of London.

Cons

The interface to make your own forms isn't 100% intuitive, though the amount of time needed to learn is very short and you can be up and running in less than an hour. Subsequent customization of forms is really easy.

Thank you Robert, we appreciate the kind words and glad you have joined our movement!

Make Forms That Make Everyone's Life Easier!

Pros

I'm a CODiE Award judge and have seen a ton of product. Forms On Fire are clearly mobile experts and have built a product that solves a core problem: how to create forms that make everyone's life easier - starting with yours! (No need to hire an army of SW developers who'll take months, only to add so much complexity that end-users won't use them.) In my opinion, here are some best use cases: Marketing...

Cons

I was able to get started without contacting them for any help. But more tutorials are always welcome.

Thanks again for your kind words Jackie, and if you want to get another product tour to see what is coming down the road, sign up at our web site.

GOOD DIY FORM BUILDER

I run a small business and needed a form built. I had looked at other places but most required you to pay them to build a form and were easily over $2,000. A reason I was attracted to Forms on Fire was they provide DIY templates which can be customized. Before trying to build it myself, I enquired about them building my form. Their estimate came back at the price for an 8 hour retainer(Quite Hefty)....

Forms On Fire saved the day

As a consultant serving a rapidly growing business, I needed a technology I could count on for reliability, scalability, easy configuration, and ease of maintenance. We didn't have the budget for a custom-code software project or to buy a big ERP solution. We had some internal processes and some customer-facing processes that needed to be standardized, controlled, and mobilized to improve our performance...

We LOVE our clients!

Covers everything from simple to complex

We have been working with Forms On Fire for over 2 years and are very pleased with the excellent service and a great product. We use this software to build our own survey apps which are heavy on data and have lots of photos. It is easy to use and building a form is a fairly simple process. We rely heavily on the connectors to save forms to Box and for customer facing reports. Being able to customize a report in Word is amazing when compared to our old mobile survey system. Our field users love the ease of use and the instant update. Regular enhancements and new features keep expanding its usability. Great product with some of the best customer support you will find!

Pros

Ease of use, great support, easy adoption and deployment

Cons

The mapping feature, using GPS function still needs improvement

Chris, be sure to send us any improvements you want to see in the GPS/Mapping function, we would love to hear your ideas and see if we can include them into the 2017 product roadmap!

Great software and Costumer service

The mobile experience is great overall. We got problems with specific form when we tried to get a task done. The mobile version is pretty much intuitive. Users learned very quickly by themselves.

Pros

This software has multiple features. The form builder offers you any kind of options you’d have and needs. Their customer service and technician quickly reply to your questions and problems. Detailed users management.

Cons

The form builder is a bit tricky to learn. If your needs are basics features it’s quite simple, but since you get in more complex forms then you’d probably need their help to get it work properly.

Excellent all-round data capture tool

We started out using FOF as a basic inspection tool but we've started to realize how powerful it is for tasks such as inventory management. Equally impressive is the ability to generate, email and file really nice templated documents in under a minute.

Pros

We've used this software for everything from general inspections to land assessments. Except for a few advanced features the software is exceptionally easy to use and I've always received great customer service if I get stuck on something. Offline data capture and offline printing are really powerful features.

Cons

Not much to dislike. It's a bit tough to get your head around some of the data-source read/write functions....but again their customer-service makes up for it whenever you encounter an issue.

Great product for mobile field forms.

Reasonable and flexible pricing model. Helpful customer support Flexibility and efficiency in document production for collected data/

Pros

Sharepoint connector simplified my life and makes updating form fields seamlessly. The ability to generate documents and upload to SharePoint (or 11 other connectors) eliminated several steps and failure points in my old system. The ability to create a new version of a form and deploy in teat mode to selected users allows continuous form development and testing without impacting forms deployed currently. Forms on Fire pricing makes the product a good value.

Cons

Dispatch seems to be more complex than needed and has limited features. It might be that I do not completely understand the feature yet.

Hello, and thank you for the review. Please contact our support team to organize a time with us to implement the dispatch/workflow features. We think you will be able to get done what you want.

Forms on Fire Amazing

Forms on fire (FOF) allows for businesses to create forms and automate processes that would otherwise be time consuming in the paper world. I tried and reviewed numerous other companies Fast Forms, Pronto Forms and Happy Inspector to name a few to determine the product that best served my needs. I needed a software easy to use, flexible and worked on three platforms iOS, Android and Windows. The ability...

Pros

The availability to use it on different platforms ios, android and windows. I am not always in the field so when I am on the desktop (Windows) I love that I can open the software edit forms and preview what it will look like without having to use my tablet.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility with the logo design, specifically I could not enlarge the logo. I would also like to see a mission or vision field that can be incorporated with the logo design.

Changes the game for mobile data collection!

I found Forms on Fire about a year ago and it's had an unbelievable effect on our operations. I manage a large apartment community and collecting tons of in-field data is essential to what we do. FOF allowed us to create easy-to-use custom forms which streamlined our process and replaced paper entirely. We increased our billings for damage chargebacks by $30k this year due to the ease with which our Maintenance Techs could record the damages and select from pre-populated options - then the form emails a customer-ready PDF right to our Accounting Manager. It's brilliant. You absolutely can't find a better solution than FOF for all of your survey/data collection needs. I'm a raving fan.

Pros

Ease of use is phenomenal. The customization is really the powerful feature here - you can get exactly what you want, and nothing you don't. It's truly a game changer. Customer support is truly second to none and they know you by name. It's like dealing with a family company. Great experience.

Cons

Because the customization is so complete, it does take a little while to learn how to use it to its fullest. The learning curve is short, though, and once you make the investment of a couple of hours, you'll be enamored with the abilities.

Wait till you see what we have planned for 2017 Rob!

Great Customer Service and pretty easy to use

It was a little difficult learning how to create my first form, but after talking with their support staff for an hour. I was able to build my custom form from scratch. I have since created many other custom forms on the same platform giving my business the leading edge over my competitors. thank you form on fire for a great software. Cheers

Pros

once the form is created its very user friendly for my employees to fill out in the field

Cons

its difficult to build the back end of the form. Especially if I want to add in some more in depth logic .

Awesome!!!

We have gone completely paperless, which has saved time and money

Pros

I like the customisability of the software, if you can think of something you want, more than likely.... it can do it. Also their support is second to none

Cons

There is nothing really to dislike... sure there are somethings that some people would want. But these guys listen, and usually deliver the goods in updates

We love having you as a client, Jamie. Thank you for the kind words.

Very versatile and easy to use. Excellent customer support!

Ease of use as a designer and user. All of my users are very pleased with user experience. Great support team.

Pros

I have used forms on fire for several types of data collection with my team and have had a very positive experience as a form designer and user. The form builder is intuitive and easy to use and very easy to test. I love the fact that they have a windows app, especially when it comes to testing changes on my forms. Make a change, open window app, test and adjust. Anytime I hit a wall and I am not sure what to do, a few minutes spent on the support chat gets me what I need. Forms on fire is flexible, powerful and an economical way to collect the data my team needs from the field.

Cons

Forms on Fire has a very extensive knowledge base, that could be improved by the addition of some short videos that walk users through some of the more complicated tasks. The support information is all there, I just learn easier when I can see it in action.

Hey, thanks again for your terrific review. We just launched a revised knowledge base and I think you're going to like it. Drop by support.formsonfire.com and let us know what you think.

Forms on Fire App

Great and very useful app...I use FOF daily to record sales and service visits to customers... I rely on historical data to compile reoccurring reports and business updates. I use the app on my smart phone exclusively. I access product and customer data instantly and on the fly... Questions and concerns can be addressed on the spot with the app...saves tons of time and minimizes call backs.

Pros

Easy to use... Mobile, comprehensive data, paperless... Archive features...data retention. Shared data... Ability to update and modify data. Portable and photo link feature.

Cons

Occasional redundancy of data inputs...