Formstack Reviews

4.3/5 (46 reviews)

Mary Harris-King

Formstack is crucial to an efficient small business

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Formstack allows us to automate tasks that we used to do manually, like sending information to prospective clients, gathering detailed information from current clients, sending a series of steps in a project, etc. It is a great value for the money, and is relatively easy to use. We have used it for several years and can't imagine being without it - it is critical to an efficient work flow for a small business, and a lot less expensive than paying an admin to do the same tasks.In addition to the ability to build powerful forms using conditional logic, the greatest strength of Formstack (and probably most overlooked) is how a small business can use the response features to automate tasks they are currently wasting time doing manually. For example, you can use Formstack to create a contact form that lets a prospect choose what type of service they are interested in. Using the conditional logic, you can create automatic responses based on what they select (or where they are located, or whatever variable is important in your business) that include additional information -- links to videos, documents, whatever -- instead of having to pay someone to follow up with each contact individually. You can also use this to string together steps in a process: they complete Form 1, and then automatically receive an email confirmation with the link for Form 2, and so on. This functionality has saved our small company hundreds of hours of human time, AND increased customer numbers. For all the value we get out of it, Formstack is a bargain. It's one of those "how did we live without this" tools.

Daniela Santisteban

Good for the price, but lacking in integration with Salesforce

Reviewed 2018-04-10

One of the most cost-effective form tools we've found and extremely easy to use. I wish there was a bit more versatility to the type of questions you can add to a form, but overall it's pretty good!

Kristen Hay

We use Formstack every day and we love it!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

I love how easy Formstack is to use. Building forms is a breeze , the support is great, and we love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce to give us quality, high converting lead pages. Formstack has helped us refine and define our lead capture process and following up with qualified prospects has become even easier. We use Formstack for all of our lead capture across our whole website. Since starting with Formstack over a year ago, we're seen an average lead conversion rate of around 30% -- and these aren't just any leads, these are warm, marketing qualified leads.

Steven Shattuck

Favorite form provider!

Reviewed 2017-11-17

Love Formstack! We switched from Wufoo and haven't looked back. While the investment was a bit steeper, it was worth it. The user-interface is extremely intuitive; multiple team members including myself were able to jump in right away with minimal orientation/training. We've had no issues with the service or support whatsoever.

Anonymous

Cancelled my account after 1 month -Most useless tech support of all time.

Reviewed 2018-09-12

I missed numerous deadlines and opportunities to gain customers because I couldn't get these forms set up for the beginning of our school year (we're a music school and these were our registration forms). This has been my single worst customer service/support experience ever. If it has worked, it would have been great that you can process credit cards right there in the form. It's also nice how you can save form sections, and there are many options for question/answer templates.

Mark Wampler

I heard you like forms in your forms

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Great experience. We still use it for complex logic based forms immensely. It allows for so many if statements to capture exactly what we want from the person filling out the form.Ease of use. Drag and drop is something people just get. Training a staff member on how to build their own forms only takes a few minutes and they get the basics and are off to the races with their work quickly. When you empower your staff to do their job and more it means less work for you so you can focus on the things they can't do. LOGIC! Logic is amazing and so fluid and helpful.

All the Basics You Need for Your Data Collection

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-31

Making the move from paper-based forms and needing to collect increasingly complex data, Formstack was able to meet and then exceed our expectations. The data export features were just what we needed at that time.Formstack allows users to customize forms to meet their needs. It simplifies both the form design and the collections process. For form design, it offers an intuitive interface that is easy to get started with and includes many ways to control the behaviour of each section on the form. What we liked most about FormStack was the quality control features they had built in to make that forms were being used correctly. Submitted forms could either be approved or rejected before being added to the data pool.

Chris Harper

Great way to consolidate forms

Reviewed 2016-12-02

Formstack has been great to integrate all of our company's internal forms. We don't use it, customer -facing, though. I've been happy with it.It is easy to use for the most part and the forms look nice. They are better than the cheaper-feeling system we used in the past.

Greg Curtiss

While there are many form tools out there, formstack wins!

Reviewed 2018-11-13

We needed a secure way to collect sensitive information for use by several departments while keeping the data secure. Formstack does this and makes it easy for the team. The ability to encrypt submissions and the simplicity of configuring additional users to view submissions. Finance, operations, sales and customer service all use Formstack and onboarding / training these departments was super easy. We set everything up in minutes. The form builder is super intuitive and easy to figure out. Our team loves the customization options around the email notifications. Would highly recommend.

Randall Curtis

Best and Easiest to use Form and registration service that I have ever used

Reviewed 2016-12-08

I have used Formstack since the have begun and really have seen them go from a great product to and even greater product through the years. I always explain it to say it is like Google Docs on Steroids. User interface is great and the customer service has always been amazing. Rather than spending an hour googling some solution to a problem I am having with a form I can always contact them by email or phone and get a great response spoon. The integration with third party services are great as well as the custom notification emails sent to attendees of events based on how they fill out their form. I can't recommend them enough for people who are trying to do online registration with groups of people. Ease of Use. Integrations of third party services, customer service

Earle Kelley

Uggh....

Reviewed 2018-10-09

I wish I could tell a different story, but unfortunately,​ we had a terrible experience with the software and the "support" team.It is completely web based. That is really the only good point about the solution.

Anonymous

Great tool for creating custom forms that can be used standalone or integrated into an application.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Did not have to spend time developing forms, rather could iterate quickly trying to find the best UX to get data from our users. There are a lot of field types that make it easy to construct complex forms and workflows. Add the automation options (webhooks etc) and the product becomes very powerful.

Chris Harper

Forms...

Reviewed 2018-12-25

Formstack is great if you need a central place to keep your internal company forms and have them conditionally email the responses to different inboxes.Formstack is pretty reliable. I can set it and forget it. It is pretty easy to make fairly complex forms with intelligent conditionals.

Edwin Low

Form got deactivated poor notice

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Good features and good functionality. Very good for integrating with google sheets and google drive to make systems more efficient.

Anonymous

uses form to trigger work flow for contract management process

Reviewed 2018-04-17

the ease with which one can develop a robust form that is easy for use by end users and does not have to have further training to use

Stuart Gardner

Pretty good product at a good price.

Reviewed 2017-03-23

Formstack is fairly simple to use. Like all products, it has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you learn it it isn't too bad.It's fairly simple to copy events to new forms. You can group events together in folders for convenience sake.

John Shook

Essential part of our process flows

Reviewed 2018-11-14

We use Formstack for Hiring managers to input employee info, we also use it for simple things like filling out what you want when lunch is hosted. We also use it for forum registrations, etc. Ease of Administration and customization

Anonymous

Great tool, great customer support

Reviewed 2017-11-16

Enabled us to capture information and have it automatically put into salesforce.com. The tool provided some features that we weren't able to get with just Salesforce such as attachment management (the ability to require attachments at various places in your form).I used the FastForms version of this software. This software is fantastic for basic form needs that require salesforce integration. The software provides an easy to use form builder with a styling tool. Advanced customizations are possible with css and javascript.

Bruce Cleland

Easy Custom Form Plug In

Reviewed 2017-06-07

We truly haven't found any negatives with the software. It does exactly what we need it to do and we've yet to have any issues.It is very intuitive to use and we were up and running in a day. We set up our first form and were able to review it with our team and implement it the next day.

Karen Schlabach

Formstack has freed my time up for other projects!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

I love Formstack. We went from an entirely paper-based registration system to using Formstack and now I only get 1 or 2 paper registrations a year (instead of 500+). It was intuitive and easy to set-up. So far, there have been options for everything I want to do. Plus, I can then keep digital records of my registrations instead of having files, and files, and files of paper. I particularly love the "emails and notifications" feature that allows me to set-up automatic notifications to each of my 45 parishes whenever someone registers, plus automatically send a detailed registration confirmation, another time saver for me! I've also used the Google-docs sync feature to communicate registrations to other people I work with across the state. I can set it up to share only what they need and keep other information private. I use the download to Excel and download to PDF functions to save data and manipulate data as needed. I loved using Formstack so much, I converted everyone in my office to it as well, and now we offer online registration for everything. Hello 21st Century!

Kenneth McCoy

Great tool and easy to use. Very versatile from simple forms to event registrations.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-11-07

Ease of use; Ability to change quickly and in realtime; Mobile functionality; Reporting able to generate multiple formats.

Alyssa Feldman

Simple and effective survey tool.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-13

Free survey building.Quick and easy to use survey builder. The surveys look clean and are easy to read. The survey question options are vast.

Crystal Zaragoza

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Virtually no time needed to train which makes it ideal to pass to a volunteer. Clean and functional

Formstack Review

Reviewed 2018-08-09

Creating events with external partners, taking applications for events, submissions for journals, financial side is strong - been great!Flexibility, individuality, ease of use, tutorials are strong

Solid digital form solution

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-01

Formstack is simple to set up and easy to use. You can teach yourself how to create detailed form because it has a very logical setup. The forms generally work exactly how you'd expect them to and editing is simple in case of changes.