HireSelect Reviews

HireSelect

Pre-employment Testing Made Easy

4.76/5 (46 reviews)

Pros
  • Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure.David D.Read the full review
  • HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections.Donna S.Read the full review
  • The people I've dealt with have all been very helpful and responsive. The site was easy to use and helped save us time and money in our hiring process.Christina D.Read the full review
Cons
  • HireSelect saves me time and money. It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.JOHN S.Read the full review
  • The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be.Wade R.Read the full review
  • All round good experience, concerned that our non first language English speakers seem to do badly on the aptitude testing.Alan D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Wade Evans

Reviewed 2018-09-28

I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros
The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons
As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

JOHN SMITH

Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!

Reviewed 2019-09-24

HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros
HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons
HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

John C Smith

HireSelect is my Recruiting Partner

Excellent!

Pros
HireSelect saves me and my staff a lot of time dedicated to the recruiting process. We select the tests that are most germane to our needs and the scores rendered on those test allow us to pinpoint those applicants that are most likely to do well in our industry and environment.

Cons
So far, and we're into several years of use of this software, we have nothing to complain about. We feel very comfortable in recommending this service.

Robin Emanuele

Good Basic Assessments

Reviewed 2018-11-27

We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros
Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons
It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Desiree Noah

Love HireSelect and their Staff

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros
I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons
Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

Anonymous

Scratches my academic itch in recruiting

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Pros
Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons
Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

Madelin Weston

HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire.

Reviewed 2017-11-15

The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros
The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons
If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

Wade Ramsamooj

Convenience and Flexibility

Reviewed 2018-09-17

Pros
The ability to create your own test batteries. The scheduling with potential candidates. The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons
The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

Adriana Loya

Never hire again without using HireSelect

Reviewed 2018-11-12

Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Pros
HireSelect offers several assessments to measure cognitive abilities and personality traits.

Cons
I love HireSelect, I have absolutely no negative feedback.

Chris Mattingly

HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond

Reviewed 2018-09-28

The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Pros
The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner.

Cons
The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time.

Lindsey Bogard

Promoter

Reviewed 2018-10-04

Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros
HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons
They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

matthew schaden

My two sense

Reviewed 2018-10-09

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros
Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons
I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Pros
Using HireSelect has really helped us in identifying quality candidates for our organization. The newest update was a little confusing at first but after talking to our account manager it's actually a lot more user-friendly once you know where to go.

Cons
There's not a lot that I don't like about the software. LIke I mentioned before, the update was very confusing at first but our account manager walked us through.

Donna Stark

Great Software

Reviewed 2018-09-28

HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros
I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons
On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

Todd Ardoin

Great Stuff!!!

Reviewed 2018-10-05

Pros
Ease of use and great content. We use this faithfully and has been a great tool with our hiring process.

Cons
When they performed the recent upgrade, it took some getting use to but still managed.

Andrew Wilson

HireSelect Review

Reviewed 2018-09-28

John has been great, very responsive!

Pros
Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons
Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see: 1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device? 2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

David Decker

Take hiring to the next level

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-09-28

Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros
Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons
Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Great experience working with Criteria

Reviewed 2019-03-19

Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros
Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons
Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

Christina Dennis

Great tool in the hiring process

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Pros
Using the testing online has helped us to narrow the selection pool of candidates and saved us valuable time that would have been wasted on interviewing less qualified candidates.

Cons
The new upgrades are more complex in my opinion and have more than I need, so makes the site seem more tedious to navigate. The old site was easy and straight forward.

Amy Leibenguth, CPA, MBA, SHRM-CP

A partner for us in hiring

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Absolutely happy that I have this product to help me with my hiring.

Pros
I have been using HireSelect for just over a year now. It has been a great tool for me to use in weeding through the multitude of resumes. I have had success in finding great candidates that I otherwise may have passed over because their assessment tests fit the criteria for hiring.

Cons
They recently changed the platform. I am having some issues with using it, but my customer support person, Jessica, has been amazing helping me through it.

Kimberly Holton

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-03-31

So far we like what we have seen and it has helped us select. Unfortunately now with COVID-19 we aren't hiring so not getting to use the software much. While we are not hiring we are testing out the surveys.

Pros
We like that the software can help us in selecting the right candidate for our position. It has allowed us to see some traits that might not be present in the interview.

Cons
I did have some trouble with some of the tests and selecting the correct tests to take (excel, etc). Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jerikka Holmes

Reviewed 2018-10-01

Customer service is exceptional.

Pros
The ease of connecting the application to the tests and being able to track applicants within the system.

Cons
I really enjoy using the software. The new setup is a little different but not bad.

Christy Broughton

CNB 9/2018

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-28

Pros
Being able to copy link and e-mail it. The results are in a format that is very helpful and gives us a real picture of the applicant.

Cons
Creating reports needs to be made easier. I liked the way before this update that you could export results to an Excel spreadsheet. It would be helpful to see the applicants assessments and answers. When looking at jobs and there are more than one listed (ex. Teller) knowing how to combine them together would be helpful. Knowing which part of an assessment is timed. This new update seems more timely than the last one.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kate Whalen

Great tool for the recruiting process

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Pros
I like that I can customize test results analysis based on predetermined baselines. I also like the comparison tools available for looking at multiple candidates.

Cons
The new format is not as user-friendly. It's not easy to find things.

Anonymous

Great product with great support staff

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Pros
The ease of use and the support team. Everyone has been wonderful.

Cons
Wish there were more skill based tests (Excel)