All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Criteria Reviews

Pros

I love that I can search for a job title and it recommends test banks to use, which saves us time. It is intuitive to use, especially nice for hiring managers that aren't in it all the time.

Dania B.

Read the full review
Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure.

David D.

Read the full review
Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Adriana L.

Read the full review

Cons

The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be.

Wade R.

Kimberly H.

Read the full review
All round good experience, concerned that our non first language English speakers seem to do badly on the aptitude testing.

Alan D.

4.8

I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge...

Pros

The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons

As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

Especially Great for High Volume/High Value Hires

Our Customer Success Mgr, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], provided exceptional support during setup and implementation and continues to do so with regular check ins and prompt responses to any inquiries. Recent updates to the assessment summaries make it even easier to read and interpret each candidate's results.

Pros

The deep dive detail the summaries offer for each assessment really allows you to assess a candidate's strengths and weaknesses at a glance. It provides useful info to deep dive into for a follow up interview.

Cons

Customizing your own 'batteries' when creating your assessment package could be a little easier to arrive to. However, once you've gone through the process a few times, it gets easier.

Good Basic Assessments

We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros

Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

Valuable Tool

Being a smaller company with less than 100 people, we no loner have a corporate HR since leaving Edison International. As the Operations Supervisor, I needed a tool to help manage the flow of job applicants and potential candidates for employment. By using the supplied aptitude, personality, knowledge, and basic skills tests provided by HireSelect we are able to reduce the number of interviews which...

Pros

The HireSelect software allows an easy way to compare candidates to a standard as well as to each other.

Cons

I have not experienced any negative aspects of HireSelect by Criteria Corp.

Great Product!

I have no complaints!

Pros

HireSelect is very intuitive and easy to use. I had used HS with a former employer and as soon as I had room in the budget, I implemented the product for my new company. I use the testing, the ATS feature, and the calendar to schedule interviews. Customer Support is top notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to help.

Cons

I wish it would integrate more holistically with BambooHR so I could use the feature seamlessly. Other than that, it works great.

Fantastic Tool for Assessemnts

Pros

The assessments currently offered by Hireselect are fantastic. We have found the Employee Personality Profile and Aptitude assessments particularly useful in providing critical insights into our candidate's work style, ability to problem solve, learn new information, and their current skill level. The tool is very easy to use and customize to your needs. We often use the suggested interview questions...

Cons

The only short-coming is the possibilities with the self-service reporting/data. More options to customize your reporting would be great. However, this is not something that is hindering enough to deter us from continuing to use hireselect.

How to take the sting out of recruiting!

HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros

When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons

There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

Quick and Easy

With HireSelect we use the pre hire testing more than any other feature. We set a baseline with our current staff and were astounded at how well it read those staff that we quickly implemented. The results have been spot on which keeps us renewing this service every year.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. When I need to figure out how to do something new it takes not time at all but possibly their customer service even tops this. The easy scheduling system they have to reach out for someone to help is amazing and put the options in your hands.

Cons

Being a SAAS there were some hurdles to jump through with our purchasing department but more likely that is on our outdated requirements. The latest update was significant and hope to see more feature in the near future.

Great features at a great price

I have had an excellent experience with HireSelect. They train you on how to use and get the most out of the platform. Our account rep., [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in regularly to see if we have any questions or concerns. HireSelect has immensely improved the organization and efficiency of our onboarding process.

Pros

The most useful feature for my organization is being able to track applicants through the hiring process and customize the pipelines to meet our specific needs.

Cons

No complaints really. It does what we need.

Seamless Integration with JazzHR

Pros

We use Criteria to administer two tests for all of our positions: a personality profile and cognitive abilities test. I love how easy it is to administer these tests to candidates and quickly see the results sent to my inbox. Administratively, it was a breeze to set up and maintain. I took the tests when I myself was a candidate and enjoyed the process.

Cons

Not really a con, but I should point out that we don't take advantage of all the features available as we use JazzHR for our applicant tracking and talent profiling. This was already in place before we learned about Criteria and we didn't see the need to move everything over to one system since Criteria integrates so well with Jazz.

So far we like what we have seen and it has helped us select. Unfortunately now with COVID-19 we aren't hiring so not getting to use the software much. While we are not hiring we are testing out the surveys.

Pros

We like that the software can help us in selecting the right candidate for our position. It has allowed us to see some traits that might not be present in the interview.

Cons

I did have some trouble with some of the tests and selecting the correct tests to take (excel, etc). Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that.

Promoter

Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros

HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons

They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!

HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros

HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons

HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

Great Service

Very easy to use and able to provide information on a lot of our candidates we wouldn't be able to get during an interview. Some of the assessments even help you determine areas of strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and where to focus your questions for interview.

Pros

They have great customer service from start to finish. There was always a clear representative throughout sales and I was passed on to an account manager who handled our training and any question we had. It makes things easy. I also love how the sales rep and then account manager always have contact information on the site so you can always reach out easily with questions. They are always helpful when you reach out.

Cons

We are a healthcare company and some of the assessments are not as specific to out positions, but there is the capability to add your own assessments. The account manager did try to help us find assessments that fit our needs.

Excellent Product

With Hireselect we were able to recruit candidates that would work well in our work environment and culture. This has helped our turnover rate go from 75% to 25% in one year. We found a way to use the pre-screening tests to help us select candidates who have excellent work ethic and are eager to grow with the company. We ended up testing our entire staff to come up with a baseline to use for our hiring process. It worked out well and for the first time in 10 years, we have been able to retain employees for more that 2 years at a time. This was a major development for us.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons

Not easily integrated or have the ability to customized some features.

Hiring Process Dramatically Improved

We have been a customer for about 4-5 years and consider it to be money well spent, an affordable tool to help a small business perform the hiring function on an as needed basis.

Pros

Very simple setup and user friendly for a non-HR professional. We hire sporadically, so this tool helps us to manage the process when we have positions to fill. The email received when a new application comes in is very helpful and makes sure we do not miss incoming applications. It was also very easy to get the site linked up to our website so we can receive online applications through our company website. Tech support has always been responsive when needed, but they did such a good job with setup and maintenance, I rarely need them. The preemployment testing has dramatically improved our screening of applicants to offer interviews to bring greater efficiency to the hiring process.

Cons

This is my first experience with a hiring process software, it has met our needs, so no complaints.

My two sense

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros

Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons

I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

Scratches my academic itch in recruiting

Pros

Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons

Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

Love HireSelect and their Staff

Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros

I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons

Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

Added Value

Good people, good product, good support. No complaints!

Pros

We use 3 of the testing modules for every applicant (specific positions) that we gain interest in, after our initial screenings. The results are easy to review and digest, which gives us an added tool to help in our selection process.

Cons

Honestly, I have zero complaints or suggestions here.

Pros

Using HireSelect has really helped us in identifying quality candidates for our organization. The newest update was a little confusing at first but after talking to our account manager it's actually a lot more user-friendly once you know where to go.

Cons

There's not a lot that I don't like about the software. LIke I mentioned before, the update was very confusing at first but our account manager walked us through.

Great Software

HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros

I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons

On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire.

The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros

The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons

If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

Great Stuff!!!

Pros

Ease of use and great content. We use this faithfully and has been a great tool with our hiring process.

Cons

When they performed the recent upgrade, it took some getting use to but still managed.

Convenience and Flexibility

Pros

The ability to create your own test batteries. The scheduling with potential candidates. The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons

The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.