Motivosity Logo
Motivosity

Peer-to-peer recognition platform that engages employees

visit website

Motivosity Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.1/10

Reviews by rating

I love the recognition portion of Motivosity. This allows employees to give shout outs and recognition more than just verbally.
I love how quick and easy it is to give a shout out to another colleague. It’s fun to see what everyone is sharing as well.
Motivosity is a great way for me to recognize my direct reports, my peers, and my leaders. It is easy to use and fun.
There are little to no parameters as to what is allowed to be commented on and this opened the door to futile and irrelevant comments to be passed.
I dislike not being able to edit my posts, if I make a mistake.
The check-in function is very basic and can lead to misunderstanding if comments are not fully utilized.

Jacob B.

Content manager

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product for a remote workforce

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hey, my name is Jacob. I am the Creative Content Manager in a telecom industry, and I give...

KJ

Keith J.

Resident Relations Coordinator

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Good communication tool

Transcript

Keith J.: Hey there. My name's Keith, I'm the resident coordinator here, and I give Motivosity five stars...

Scott P.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

A tool that continues to be useful

Despite the one annoyance I mentioned above, I heartily recommend using Motivosity. It makes it easy to express gratitude, and offers one more meaningful way to interact with my co-workers.

Pros

Motivosity allows the people in my department to give and receive thanks/recognition for individual and group contributions. It's a versatile tool. I like how my organization has been able to tweak the user interface so that we can offer kudos according to our six company values (Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence). I like the Badges capability, although we don't use it as much as we could. The Interests and Personality widgets add a even more usefulness. I also appreciate the option to send the recognition in a public or private message.

Cons

I hate popups with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. So when I sign in and a popup invades a big chunk in the center of my screen, asking about whether I've received recognition for my work in the past few days, it's not a positive thing. I'm not against filling out a brief survey for that purpose, but that delivery method irks me. It's probably something that can be adjusted by the person(s) in my department who manage the user interface.

MP

Mandy P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

CMG Review

So far we are really happy with the engagement and boost in morale. I hope I can start trusting the data more. We also had a wonderful experience with our sales rep, but haven't been as impressed with our Customer Success Rep. She is fine, but she started off very pushy regarding our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] not being available. It was off-putting to both myself and our[SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I made it clear that I was at the executive level handling the account and while we understand the importance of engaging executives early, it was almost aggressive and accusatory. I think you should share the importance, but trust the team you're working with. She also hasn't been as available as expected or knowledgeable. She's fine. She may be newer, but it was just a shock going from an awesome rep.

Pros

I love the engagement we've seen from our teams. I love that we have the ability to quickly show our recognition where we wouldn't have always made time to do so. I can tell it is already boosting our morale and I cannot wait to see the impact longer term.

Cons

I'm not sold on the accuracy of the data. I've found several questionable sections. All of which I've reported and still am not confident with the answers I've received. I know it is an industry-standard, but I don't love that net promotor is based on whether or not people would recommend their friends to work here. Based on my own result and anecdotally what I've heard when people answer this, it...

CR

Claudia R.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Motivosity Platform

LANDESK software has been using the Motivosity platform for employee recognition for roughly 2 years. We have gotten good feedback from our employees about the ease of the site itself. The reporting tools can be a bit clunky, however, the response time from the Motivosity support team is excellent to working through the issues. Additionally, Motivosity has been open to taking our suggestions for changes to fit our company culture and for the most part have been able to make the adjustments to match our needs. If your company does not currently have a recognition tool, I would recommend taking a look at Motivosity.

ab

annie b.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

If you need more motivation.

Pros

Motivosity is the best performance management system I've used. I'm a lead developer for a high-tech company and wanted a way to track my employees' performance and give them a way to rate and track their own performance, without the hassle of paper and spreadsheets. Motivosity is an employee system that does just that, plus more! It's a browser-based tool that integrates with Google Apps and Salesforce.

Cons

Motivosity was created to help people understand their motivation and provide them with the tools they need to improve their performance. I had no problems as I was generally satisfied with the performance improvements. I like its interface.

KR

Kristin R.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Superior Employee Recognition Software

Pros

Our team loves Motivosity. We have been using Motivosity for over five years now and it has become essential within our company. It has enabled our team to feel appreciated, recognized, and rewarded regularly. Motivosity is smartly done and supported by an awesome team who continues to impress. Their passion is clear and they continue to shine.

Cons

The only con I have experienced is the introduction to ThanksMatters cards. Fraudulent charges are becoming more common, and from an admin side, accounting reconciliation is now showing discrepancies that did not exist prior to the introduction of the card.

TS

Tara S.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Great application to learn about colleagues and peers

Pros

I enjoy being able to easily learn about the people you work with through personality tests, recognition, and bios.

Cons

The rankings. I think it causes competition amongst peers and can make people feel like they aren’t performing well if they don’t receive or give recognition.

JF

Jessica F.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

User friendly and very easy to get going!

Great experience, easy to use and like the layout!

Pros

I liked the ease of use for recognizing people!

Cons

Scheduling 1:1s features sometimes gets wonky.

CN

Cheryl N.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great way to recognize employees

Great experience with Motivosity Employees loved it

Pros

Employees love to "shout out" to each other and they love the recognition

Cons

The yearly fee is very costly so unfortunately, we are no longer going to use it. Employees very disappointed

MD

Matthew D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great software to reward employee's daily efforts

Fantastic experience with Motivosity! It's been a pleasure to use every week with my team.

Pros

Really easy to use software to reward employees for top performance, work ethic, hitting their goals, etc.

Cons

A little "busy" and sometimes tough to find exactly what action you want to take, but not overly so.

Christopher C.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Keeping Morale High, Building Comraderie Remotely

Pros

Cross department recognition encourages team comraderie and builds culture despite distributed nature of workforce.

Cons

The UI may look a tiny outdated. There are probably some more interesting ways to display data or integrate with the rest of our company on Slack.

Jonathan C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Positive Force for Good

Motivosity compels people to think beyond themselves. It provides an outlet for people to be appreciated, recognized, encouraged, and uplifted. Motivosity can inspire people making collaboration, team work, accountability and helpfulness prominent in an organizational culture where those objectives might be a little more difficult to produce company wide.

Pros

Motivosity captures an idea that people can do more with gratitude, kindness, positivity, and appreciation. It sends a message of unity and understanding through individual and group efforts. Participation and use of Motivosity has helped me to feel appreciated at work in ways I have never experienced or encountered. It allows people to express their sincerest appreciation and idealistic positivity. There is a great amount of self motivation and understanding that occurs with the use of Motivosity to help elevate myself and create an effort to understand others needs that could benefit from my influence.

Cons

I think for a professional setting, the way Motivosity is set up fine. I am a communicator. I think creatively through the use of verbal communication, signs, symbols, and body language. I have wished that I could incorporate an idea into my participation with Motivosity using a gif, picture, or other means of media. As it is now, I understand maintaining a professional appearance, but doing so causes stark contrast to what could be more creative thinking, and evolution to ideas through the using and sharing of other media types.

Hi Jonathan! Thank you so much for your review and feedback about visuals in appreciations. Keep an eye out for updates, because that's definitely in the works. We're so happy to hear that Motivosity has made such a positive impact on you and your team!

Jeff C.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Hands down the best peer-to-peer recognition software!

Overall, I am very satisfied with Motivosity and can't imagine my employer life without it! It helps to pump each other up, point out successes and wins on the team, and help look for any red flags in overall employee happiness.

Pros

I have used Motivosity for several years and at several companies and I have loved it since day 1. Every time I use it, it's like a big, warm hug from your grandma! There are several things I love about it. 1) It's very easy to use! The interface is clean and easy to navigate. It hints you towards next steps you can take, which makes recognizing people easy. 2) Motivosity has a nice interface to see...

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I wasn't able to use the software sooner. I first started using it in 2015 at Workfront and quickly saw that previous employers I worked with could have benefitted so much from it. The software is clean, intuitive, and easy to use. I cannot say anything negative about it because there are none!

CB

Craig B.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Motivosity - An Indispensable Tool for Next-Gen Culture

We started using Motivosity as a replacement for our previous employee recognition program (which consisted of hand written notes available for employees to fill out at the front desk). Motivosity is far and away the best tool we've used to increase employee engagement. It has changed the way we work in a few different ways: it helps employees recognize and reward each other for help given; connects...

Pros

Setup and maintenance is a breeze. We typically have one administrator look things over about once a week, and tools like mass importing and exporting of users and API integration options keep everything up to date. Motivosity also adapts to varying budget constraints. You can spend as much or as little as you want to administer your recognitions and awards. Motivosity seems so simple of a tool for the amount of benefits it offers.

Cons

Since Motivosity is relatively new as a product, there are some features that would be nice to have, but aren't available yet. Luckily, since it is so new, the product teams are very responsive to requests for features.

AM

Austin M.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture building

I have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr....

Pros

Easy to implement<br> Great and simple UI<br> High adoption rates<br> Created a sense of gratitude and giving<br> Broke down cross departmental barriers <br> Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what<br> Increased engagement<br> Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition<br> Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives<br> Create large company challenges and rewarded through system<br> Created a sense of unity in the organization

Cons

I would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective<br> Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first

KT

Kathy T.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Boosts Positive Atmosphere Without The Obnoxious Emails

Our school started using Motivosity to increase morale among the staff. I definitely think that that was accomplished within the population that was active. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. I felt very appreciated because I would get recognized for little things that I don't usually get recognized for because it's behind-the-scenes and it made me feel seen by my coworkers who just didn't know. I also think it was a great experience for me because it helped me reach out more to my coworkers and actually allowed me to thank them properly for what they do. It allowed me to help increase the positive atmoshpere in my environment.

Pros

I liked that it was a platform where you could thank and recognize your coworkers without worrying about being obnoxious. I always want to recognize people for every little thing (because the little things matter) but I worry about flooding others' email boxes. With Motivosity, I am able to do that because other people don't see it until they log on. They don't get constant messages of me recognizing...

Cons

The only thing that I had an issue with in the beginning was that you could not post a photo on the mobile app. They have since added that feature, so I am pretty content with the software.

SH

Shawn H.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Motivosity is a great way to give immediate positive feedback

As an individual contributor, giving a quick thanks is wonderful to reinforce behaviors and encourage doing that behavior again. As a manager, I can share positive feedback to many people both on or off my team for things that I notice. This decentralizes the positive feedback and reinforcing behaviors and allows everyone to participate. I love how all recognition is immediate with no oversight.

Pros

Every employee is given a dollar amount every month that they give to someone else to recognize extra efforts. The dollar amounts are relative to the company, but everyone receives the same amount. So if you give someone your full amount for the month, that sends a big message as to the importance of the recognition. Anyone can give to anyone else, and can do it immediately instead of going through an approval process.

Cons

Money to give used to expire every month in an effort to encourage giving. However, that is very limiting. Many people want to save up and give a bigger amount for extraordinary help from someone else. That expiration date has now been extended to three months, which helps. I think not having the money expire but instead just have reminders to give allows ultimate flexibility. I haven't found...

Thanks for the review Shawn. Addressing a couple items you mentioned... The expiration of the giving money is really a way to prompt people to use it and to share their appreciation more frequently (frequency is a key driver delivering impact when it comes to recognition). As for the public recognition, studies show that there is power behind making it public. As you stated, you can always mark it private for those times that you want to not have it shared with others. Again, thanks for writing the review. We appreciate Ivanti as a great Motivosity customer.

LC

Lisa C.

Moto for Mayor!

I've loved using Motivosity to instantaneously show my appreciation to my coworkers, even for simple things. I also love receiving Moto bucks; it totally makes my day. Motivosity is one of the features about my company that I always talk up to friends and family. It's a really fun and smart service that I love. I find myself wishing I had everyone I know attached to my Motivosity account so I could...

Pros

- It truly is super motivating - easy to send and receive - gift cards come quickly

Cons

- the UI is not very pretty - Sometimes I wish motivosity would "nudge" or remind you to think about someone who did something for you. I do a lot of last minute projects and most of the time, people are super generous and show their appreciation but sometimes I don't hear anything. I know it's a little entitled to expect moto bucks, but I know some departments in my company are notorious for not using moto bucks at all, which is a little discouraging. - the milestones and org chart are pretty lame. - there's really nothing to do of interest in motivosity except give money and cash out.

Jason C.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Motivosity Believer!

Overall, I love that our organization has chosen to partner with Motivosity. I believe it has improved teamwork and cohesiveness. People love receiving praise, and it helps for checking the pulse of our people and documenting day to day interactions. Would highly recommend it!

Pros

I love Motivosity and how it encourages teamwork, collaboration and abundantly recognizing those that contribute. I use it nearly every day for praising teammates, acknowledging top performers for the month, checking profiles to get to know people, 1x1 feedback, and reviewing survey data. It is a fantastic program that adds a lot of value to our organization.

Cons

The 1x1 note section could be easier to navigate. Following up from a previous meeting with a coworker, the notes are not easy to get to in order to follow through with commitments. I have to go back and copy and paste those details from the previous meeting and would prefer a way to quickly see last week's notes. Formatting has been a little challenging for whatever reason. It wouldn't save some notes I typed a couple of times, and bullet points were just added. That made organizing my notes difficult, but improvements have been made recently.

Hi Jason, thank you so much for your feedback! As you've said, we're constantly trying to improve our platform, so your ideas and experience is so valuable to us. But glad your experience with Motivosity has been so positive overall!

GS

Given S.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Motivosity Reviews

Despite the only annoyance I referred to above, I heartily endorse the use of Motivosity. It makes it clean to explicit gratitude, and gives one greater significant manner to have interaction with my co-workers.

Pros

"It lets you to share percentage appreciation or identify your team's accomplishments for the complete agencies to look. My preferred Motivosity feature, however, is the "Last Thanked By You" list." "It is exceptional to look at what the alternative customers seem to like and what they do and what their pursuits are." "I love this machine for worker recognition. The huge sort of present playing cards to be had is great, so personnel can select their rewards." "So some distance my revel in and has been positive. It is exceptional to look at the popularity and feature my group of workers inspire and reward every other

Cons

"The upside for him is that the Motivosity interplay took 30 seconds of his time, however the drawback is that it changed into an insulting manner to deal with an employee." "Uploading films is difficult, and there's no shortcut to preceding posts etc." "The impediment that I even have run into is the restricted characters whilst documenting priorities and dreams. Neither I nor my team of workers can define dreams and goals in a one sentence format." "I do trust there were times wherein personal messages were supply public status. Could have been an error."

CH

Chris H.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Motivosity Uplifts our Team Members

It is hard to think of many cons for Motivosity. The product does exactly what is says and our team members love it. We use it to recognize each other's great work, conduct employee satisfaction surveys, give awards, and share fun details about our lives outside of work so that we can get to know each other better.

Pros

Motivosity is an amazing way for team members to recognize each other and say thank you for great work. It never fails to brighten someone's day when they receive a kind message and a small bonus from a team member. It increases the thankfulness of our team members and boosts morale. The ability to spend your Motivosity dollars on a wife variety of gift cards or charitable donations is another awesome feature that team members enjoy.

Cons

A few of the features included in Motivosity do not seem particularly useful. For example, I've used the product for years and have never really understood why it has a leaderboard. But this doesn't negatively impact the user experience.

Hi Chris and thank you so much for your review and feedback! We're all about high morale and and positive company culture over here, so we're ecstatic that you've seen those benefits in your workplace while using our platform :)

SC

Skylar C.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Encourage Others and Boost Team Morale with Motivosity

I think Motivosity is allowing me to solve the business problem of not knowing your coworkers. I have found by being an active user of Motivosity that I know more about my coworkers and they know more about me. When I go to the office I know everyone and enjoy being at work.

Pros

On a day-to-day basis, people's actions (i.e., accomplishments, acts of kindness, hard work, etc.) often go unrecognized. Using Motivosity helps to encourage employees to recognize their coworkers. I feel by using Motivosity people are uplifted as they begin to realize people are actually noticing them. Furthermore, I feel it increase overall team morale and unity.

Cons

I think there needs to be some way to encourage users to more proactively use Motivosity without the incentive of earning money. I personally try to regift my gifted funds because I want to help drive the overall purpose of the software. However, I see so many users that log on the last day of the month and send out last minute Motivosity so the funds don't go to waste. I would rather see people recognizing others on a day-to-day basis without the expecation of making some extra money.

MM

Melissa M.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Helping HeathEquity!

Motivosity provides the platform of advocating for great service or as we say at HealthEquity, "Purple Service"! It's a great opportunity to interact and acknowledge team members not within your immediate department on a company wide level. THANK YOU Motivosity!

Pros

Motivosity has been heaven sent to connect a large company is a small and intimate way! I love that it is extremely user friendly and easy on the eye! I'm so glad HealthEquity has utilized this software because it is multi-functional. A hidden gem as been that I use it as a hidden company directory. Based on how an employee lists their job function you can use the search field to locate someone in that department you may not previously have known. In the remote environment over the last year it has been a great way to 'see' and acknowledge co-workers instead of a general email. As a leader, recognition is a huge part of morale and overall employee engagement to me.

Cons

No cons honestly, I have experienced nothing but a positive experience with each feature it presents!

Hi Melissa and thank you so much for so many kind words! We're thrilled that you love Motivosity as much as we do, and that it's been such a positive force for good in your company's communication, connectivity, and overall culture

BM

Buck M.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Gratitude simplified!

One of the cheapest ways to motivate and empower employees is to say thank you. Too often we grateful to someone, but fail to actually express the gratitude. With Motivosity, it is easy to express thankfulness. The features of Motivosity allow for the user to quickly find the person they want to thank and then within 30-60 seconds can type up a quick thank you. It can be as simple as a "thank you...

Pros

simple, easy to use. Allows for 360 degrees of recognition, meaning that not only leaders recognizing reports, but peers recognizing peers, reports recognizing leadership. Despite what some people think, as a leader of people, we like to be told we're doing a good job too!

Cons

When filling out the profile, it would be nice to have the system have a pop up window or highlight the areas in red that were not filled in correctly vs. just freezing and not allowing the user to complete. This would reduce the frustration of when a new user is trying to fill out the profile and gets stuck.

Buck, you are awesome. We love your creative ideas about culture games and are working internally on some things to support your ideas for games

LW

Lorinda W.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Fantastic Software System

Being able to provide positive feedback, compliments, and say thank you is a huge plus and contributes to a positive work place when utilized by people in the company. Sometimes you're forced to wait until the next scheduled meeting to offer feedback and this is much quicker. I also like the highlights and use it for several things: introducing new employees to the company, posting positive quotes, sharing pictures location to location, events, etc. Great system!

Pros

I love being able to provide quick feedback, compliments, say thanks, etc. without waiting until the next scheduled meeting or in person visit. You can do it in a few quick seconds. I like the profiles you can personalize, the updates you can customize on a company or personal level, and the recognition and highlights are great!

Cons

Con: when you upload a picture you almost always have to crop it and some pictures just don't work when you have to crop them. (i'm referring to the highlight section) These are more suggestions than Cons, but would be helpful. I'd like to be able to add more than one picture in a highlight. I'd like to be able to add pictures to a comment. I'd love a calendar option that you can view for company events, as well as see the anniversary and birthday dates in calendar form. I'd also like to be able to change color options.

BB

Ben B.

Concept is great

The concept is great, and we have seen great success in our company. even outside of giving money, just giving people recognition outside of an email is really nice.

Pros

I love recognizing employees and being able to make announcements about great wins by different teams or the company.

Cons

When I pull up a profile's history, giving or receipts, I cannot like or comment, It has to be in the feed. Feature functionality: Create a money request, then submit it for approval. Essentially get rid of buying and expensing out gift cards, and use motivosity as the approval platform to get someone a block of money. This could be done outside of the tool, and have money added to a user. But it...