Motivosity Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.1/10

Reviews by rating

I love the recognition portion of Motivosity. This allows employees to give shout outs and recognition more than just verbally.
I love how quick and easy it is to give a shout out to another colleague. It’s fun to see what everyone is sharing as well.
Motivosity is a great way for me to recognize my direct reports, my peers, and my leaders. It is easy to use and fun.
There are little to no parameters as to what is allowed to be commented on and this opened the door to futile and irrelevant comments to be passed.
I dislike not being able to edit my posts, if I make a mistake.
The check-in function is very basic and can lead to misunderstanding if comments are not fully utilized.

KJ

Keith J.

Resident Relations Coordinator

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Good communication tool

Transcript

Keith J.: Hey there. My name's Keith, I'm the resident coordinator here, and I give Motivosity five stars...

Jacob B.

Content manager

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product for a remote workforce

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hey, my name is Jacob. I am the Creative Content Manager in a telecom industry, and I give...

kamrul k.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Amazing result & made us happy

It is an awesome experience with motivosity. Thumbs up for it.

Pros

It's a great employee engagement & recognition software that made our team happy at workplace. Motivosity is the software that help us in different ways like it allows recognition Between our teammates & manager, connection of employees to each other etc. Personally, it helped me to express my feelings freely with no hesitation.

Cons

Truly i didn’t get anything that i will is negative. It has given us the new thinking of life.

Hello Kamrul and thank you so much for your review and feedback! We're thrilled to hear how happy and connected your workforce has been since implementing and utilizing Motivosity

KresLynn K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Amazing Employee Recognition Platform

Pros

Love being able to easily reward my team members and employees with a dollar amount attached to it, my team loves choosing a gift card to AXOMO for choose their swag or to any of the other retailers available on the platform

Cons

It's buggy at times, for instance the "add a link" function for their highlights doesn't really look like a clear call to action, it's just hyperlinked text that says "learn more". The giving from function seems buggy as well as it sometimes won't let me give from my account when there is a balance.

Hi KresLynn and thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear about your increased shout-out system by 70%! WOW!

RS

Rashpal S.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Motivosity Great R&R platform

Pros

I like the fact you can select individuals reward them for there efforts and make the results live internally so others can see employees Reward and Recognition!

Cons

The interface feels dated and needs a 'face lift'. It is easy very easy to use though!

AP

Ariel P.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Motivosity Recognition

Pros

Motivosity is a great platform for employee recognition, it allows peer to peer recognition instead of just recognition coming from the top down. It gives all people at the company a voice and way to shout people out

Cons

I cannot think of any really strong cons about motivosity at this time

RH

Robert H.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Recognition / Motivation

Pros

Motivosity is very easy to use with a small learning curve as the software looks and functions in a similar way to other social media apps. The interface makes it simple to post or respond to other's posts. The addition of monetary rewards is a great way to recognize peer's work. I like that there is a built in way to add a comment with a monetary gift in a couple of clicks.

Cons

I do not like that using the "add a buck" feature to reply to someone else's post and add a monetary gift shows on the reply that a gift was added. I feel that this can cause issues if a gift is left for one person but not another. The original posts do not indicate if money was added or not.

SM

Stephanie M.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

I LOVE this program!

As a trainer and one of the first faces of my company, I proudly give Motivosity props and gush over how it keeps us strong as a team. I use it as a positive promotion of our work culture!

Pros

All of our customer service reps are work from home and we don't plan on changing that. So, Motivosity is a GREAT way to keep us connected and bring us together in our virtual world.

Cons

I honestly love everything about it! We used to only do the e-gift cards, but now that we have the Visa card, it is PERFECT!

TN

Travis N.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Motivosity: An Efficient, Cooperative Recognition Program

I appreciate the ease it gives me in "on the spot" recognition of colleagues. It keeps a public record of company morale so to speak

Pros

Motivosity has tons of ways to recognize fellow colleagues with or without rewards. It's suggestions for content and recognitions is helpful as well, when you don't have the words.

Cons

There could be more "usage rewards" for recognitions not related to dollars sent/received

MH

Mariah H.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Motivosity

great

Pros

engagement and recognition to others in our community

Cons

I think everything is good so far on this program

MM

Matthew M.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good product

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and it shows me who is in my org and how recently I've given feedback.

Cons

I would like sometimes to give feedback to an employee privately, meaning the comments can't be ready by others

Thanks for sharing! We default the recognitions publicly to help influence community building, but next to the submit button there is a toggle to choose to make those private. Thanks for recognizing and highlighting successes!

Antonello B.

Farming, 11-50 employees

It's okay

Pros

It's great for employee morale and it's great to help connect with your employees and create a better culture

Cons

My only card is more businesses don't use it I think it should be used for all up and coming small businesses

JC

Jonathan C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Positive Force for Good

Motivosity compels people to think beyond themselves. It provides an outlet for people to be appreciated, recognized, encouraged, and uplifted. Motivosity can inspire people making collaboration, team work, accountability and helpfulness prominent in an organizational culture where those objectives might be a little more difficult to produce company wide.

Pros

Motivosity captures an idea that people can do more with gratitude, kindness, positivity, and appreciation. It sends a message of unity and understanding through individual and group efforts. Participation and use of Motivosity has helped me to feel appreciated at work in ways I have never experienced or encountered. It allows people to express their sincerest appreciation and idealistic positivity. There is a great amount of self motivation and understanding that occurs with the use of Motivosity to help elevate myself and create an effort to understand others needs that could benefit from my influence.

Cons

I think for a professional setting, the way Motivosity is set up fine. I am a communicator. I think creatively through the use of verbal communication, signs, symbols, and body language. I have wished that I could incorporate an idea into my participation with Motivosity using a gif, picture, or other means of media. As it is now, I understand maintaining a professional appearance, but doing so causes stark contrast to what could be more creative thinking, and evolution to ideas through the using and sharing of other media types.

Hi Jonathan! Thank you so much for your review and feedback about visuals in appreciations. Keep an eye out for updates, because that's definitely in the works. We're so happy to hear that Motivosity has made such a positive impact on you and your team!

LC

Lisa C.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Moto for Mayor!

I've loved using Motivosity to instantaneously show my appreciation to my coworkers, even for simple things. I also love receiving Moto bucks; it totally makes my day. Motivosity is one of the features about my company that I always talk up to friends and family. It's a really fun and smart service that I love. I find myself wishing I had everyone I know attached to my Motivosity account so I could...

Pros

- It truly is super motivating - easy to send and receive - gift cards come quickly

Cons

- the UI is not very pretty - Sometimes I wish motivosity would "nudge" or remind you to think about someone who did something for you. I do a lot of last minute projects and most of the time, people are super generous and show their appreciation but sometimes I don't hear anything. I know it's a little entitled to expect moto bucks, but I know some departments in my company are notorious for not using moto bucks at all, which is a little discouraging. - the milestones and org chart are pretty lame. - there's really nothing to do of interest in motivosity except give money and cash out.

AM

Austin M.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture building

I have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr....

Pros

Easy to implement<br> Great and simple UI<br> High adoption rates<br> Created a sense of gratitude and giving<br> Broke down cross departmental barriers <br> Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what<br> Increased engagement<br> Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition<br> Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives<br> Create large company challenges and rewarded through system<br> Created a sense of unity in the organization

Cons

I would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective<br> Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first

MP

Mandy P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

CMG Review

So far we are really happy with the engagement and boost in morale. I hope I can start trusting the data more. We also had a wonderful experience with our sales rep, but haven't been as impressed with our Customer Success Rep. She is fine, but she started off very pushy regarding our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] not being available. It was off-putting to both myself and our[SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I made it clear that I was at the executive level handling the account and while we understand the importance of engaging executives early, it was almost aggressive and accusatory. I think you should share the importance, but trust the team you're working with. She also hasn't been as available as expected or knowledgeable. She's fine. She may be newer, but it was just a shock going from an awesome rep.

Pros

I love the engagement we've seen from our teams. I love that we have the ability to quickly show our recognition where we wouldn't have always made time to do so. I can tell it is already boosting our morale and I cannot wait to see the impact longer term.

Cons

I'm not sold on the accuracy of the data. I've found several questionable sections. All of which I've reported and still am not confident with the answers I've received. I know it is an industry-standard, but I don't love that net promotor is based on whether or not people would recommend their friends to work here. Based on my own result and anecdotally what I've heard when people answer this, it...

LW

Lorinda W.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Fantastic Software System

Being able to provide positive feedback, compliments, and say thank you is a huge plus and contributes to a positive work place when utilized by people in the company. Sometimes you're forced to wait until the next scheduled meeting to offer feedback and this is much quicker. I also like the highlights and use it for several things: introducing new employees to the company, posting positive quotes, sharing pictures location to location, events, etc. Great system!

Pros

I love being able to provide quick feedback, compliments, say thanks, etc. without waiting until the next scheduled meeting or in person visit. You can do it in a few quick seconds. I like the profiles you can personalize, the updates you can customize on a company or personal level, and the recognition and highlights are great!

Cons

Con: when you upload a picture you almost always have to crop it and some pictures just don't work when you have to crop them. (i'm referring to the highlight section) These are more suggestions than Cons, but would be helpful. I'd like to be able to add more than one picture in a highlight. I'd like to be able to add pictures to a comment. I'd love a calendar option that you can view for company events, as well as see the anniversary and birthday dates in calendar form. I'd also like to be able to change color options.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Creative, fun tool for showing appreciation to your coworkers!

Overall, this is a really sound product. It offers just enough customization and is really easy to use. I recommend motivosity to a lot of employers I interact with.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability to show appreciation to a coworkers via motivosity. I love that I can make my appreciation public or private. I like how I can link the appreciation to a specific company value. I think the monthly and yearly leaderboard is a fun feature. Also like that I can thank a group of people simultaneously.

Cons

I would like to have some core teams created in motivosity. For example the business development team - I could have them preloaded into my motivosity account and then pull them up as a group rather than pulling them in one by one. Additionally, the leaderboard seems to lag when it updates fairly significantly (that feels like something they could easily fix internally).

HS

Heather S.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Do you feel appreciated?

I was apart of the implementation team and the first team to pilot the software for our corporation. I have been satisfied with the capabilities it has offered thus far and see the potential for it to be more for users and companies in the future.

Pros

I appreciate the dynamic ability to recognize individuals regardless of role or status. This can be personal or public and has the ability to badge based on award recognition. It is our goal to ensure employees are very satisfied and feel appreciated in their work every day. Motivosity provides us the platform to achieve that goal while also allowing employees to appreciate each other.

Cons

Lack of and easy of integration capabilities with external vendors that offer corporate stores. The only offering is gift cards, which is great but becomes meaningless to employees after awhile.

MS

Maigan S.

Love being able to thank my co-workers using this program. It's quick and easy!

Pros

I really enjoy being able to enter my own comments into the thank you box...it's great not being limited to drop down boxes. Also l like how you can make comments private. Not everyone needs to see everything so it's great you can decide if it's public or private. The personality profile is also really cool. It's fun to see other people in the bank who are like me. And being able to change your profile picture. The fact that it's not some goofy profile picture HR plugs in there is awesome...I like that I have control over that.

Cons

I still don't really understand how the points work...I am pretty sure you get more points for being thanked vs sending thanks, but in my head that is kind of opposite of how it should be. I know the intent isn't to get Motivosity points but since we do get points I feel like it's a flawed system. It's always better to give then to get, in my opinion anyhow.

LA

Luke A.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

If you don't use Motivosity are you really working the right job?

I am a die hard user of Motivosity. I love giving "apology" dollars or pooling together for a pizza a few times a week. I see no other product that gets used in the office as often as Motivosity. The system is user friendly on both the computer or mobile version. I have never had any "bug" issues. Honestly 10/10 I go home and brag about Motivosity or speak of it as a reason why someone should join my company. It is vital to our upbeat workplace environment.

Pros

I love the idea of Motivosity. I like that we can reward either publicly or anonymously co-workers for anything. As well we can give Motivosity for a birthday gift of to celebrate the arrival of a new baby. We can make it both playful of professional. There is no limit to the usability in the work place. The software itself is both intuitive and enjoyable to use.

Cons

n/a keep making a great product to everyone at Motivosity. *high five* to everyone especially the design/engineering team

KR

Kristin R.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Superior Employee Recognition Software

Pros

Our team loves Motivosity. We have been using Motivosity for over five years now and it has become essential within our company. It has enabled our team to feel appreciated, recognized, and rewarded regularly. Motivosity is smartly done and supported by an awesome team who continues to impress. Their passion is clear and they continue to shine.

Cons

The only con I have experienced is the introduction to ThanksMatters cards. Fraudulent charges are becoming more common, and from an admin side, accounting reconciliation is now showing discrepancies that did not exist prior to the introduction of the card.

CH

Cyndi H.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Recgnition and Rewards

I have Motivosity set to come up as a start up option in my browser so I see it every day when I come in. I check it daily and I'm reminded to think of the good things that have happened during the day because it's always open in my browser. I feel like it has helped my individual team to catch others doing great things and give appreciation to their teammates. Appreciation is always a motivator in my opinion, especially when it comes from a peer.

Pros

Motivosity has made a difference in the department I work in by spotlighting daily accomplishments of over 100 employees. Prior to having the software in place I don't think we were doing this regularly or consistently. Now we have a way of making sure that every employee feels recognized and is rewarded for their contribution to the group. We have internal and external clients and both send thanks through e-mail but we can also post this using the software to share the kudos with the rest of the team.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software and I can't think of anything I would change at the moment. I appreciate the immediate follow up, e-mail notifications and the monthly reporting options in the software. It operates the way I expect it to.

Elvira M.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Innovative tool to create friendly environment in your company

I strongly recommend to use Motivosity in order to gain better results in your company.

Pros

Sometimes none of the project management tools aren’t enough to create friendly environment in the company. And of course in overall this affects to company performance and sometimes causes serious damages to corporate image . In order to solve such conflicts among employees Motivosity is the best choice. By providing peer to peer reward system Motivosity encourages colleagues to be more polite and friendly with each other. After using Motivosity our employees learned listening and respecting the views of each other. And overall because of friendly environment in our company our productivity has icreased in a significant level.

Cons

Although is a good tool for employee recognition but it can be used for misleading if some colleagues agree to give fake rewards to each other. It is a good tool but needs to be used under control.

TA

Tyler A.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Recognize your team with ease

It is great for an individual contributor but for a manager, this is where I feel that things/features are lacking.

Pros

It is super easy to recognize team members and have the entire company see that someone is performing at a high level.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the 360 coaching. I feel that a lot of the questions are repetitive.

AJ

Abhinav J.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Motivates you to work on your best Capacity

Overall it's a great experience and I love its easy-to-use interface and its way of customise the message by rewarding someone to give a personal touch to every small reward.

Pros

Motivosity is a great employee engagement tool. I personally love its nature to reward colleagues whenever they do something good. It's like we don't need to wait for Bonus day in an entire year but get rewarded for each small task we do.

Cons

Motivosity has some limited no. of vouchers available for my local market. It would be amazing if more Stores or Online Vouchers go live on Motivosity.

mb

martin b.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Motivosity is essential.

Motivosity is simple, it helps team members show appreciation to each other. Because of that it is essential.

Pros

Simply put, it will only add to the team, use it, trust me and find out for yourself.

Cons

Not a dang thing. I love it. I have never had a problem with the software. However! People often times will partner up in trading money to buy lunch or something for themselves. This defeats the purpose. I think quotes about kindness and appreciation every time you trade might be a nice and subtle way to help steer people in the right direction when using their motivosity.