Namely Logo

Namely

All-In-One HR, Payroll, and Benefits Solution

Namely Reviews

4.2

How would you rate Namely?

Pros

Namely is the perfect solution for a small business like ours. It has saved me so much time compared to the previous solution we used for HR and payroll.

MM

Meg M.

For the most part, it is very intuitive and user friendly. Being user friendly makes it easy for me as the admin but more importantly it makes it easy for my employees to navigate.

LD

Lisa D.

Friendly support staff, easy to get set-up, many self-service tools and customizations and always improving. I am very happy with Namely.

AP

Asher P.

Cons

You can never get an support, answers, or solutions to urgent issues such as Namely back end payroll system errors. Errors that cost the company thousand of dollars.

CK

Christine K.

I dislike that I keep having problems in logging into it.

I just think their customer service format changes frequently and it is confusing sometimes to keep up with their preferred communication etiquette.

Very good software, should add a little more functionality in future releases

Transcript

David Z.: My name's David. I am a software engineer in the audio visual industry, and I would give Namely...

A great product for the price.

To have a one-stop location for PTO, performance management, payroll, onboarding, birthdays and anniversaries, salaries, and reporting makes our lives much easier .

Pros

There are so many HRIS and payroll products on the market, that it was great to find one that did both really well several years ago. And there have been numerous improvements since-an onboarding feature, updated performance management, the API is more user friendly, and there are API connections with several other softwares we use.

Cons

There are some intuitive changes that are happening in the product, such as improving the the reporting functions, title changes, and salary increase sections.

Namely for the Win

We are solving efficiency issues at our organization. Within one year of using Namely, we have been able to focus on writing new policies and implementing training that we did not have time to complete before. We are also solving key man risk issues, because our dedicated reps know our business and would be able to help other employees if our department was unavailable for any reason. I have also had an overall great experience with Namely's support team.

Pros

I love the payroll function for Namely. It is user friendly, accurate, and reliable. I also love working with a dedicated payroll rep each payroll cycle to help make things run smooth and efficiently!

Cons

There are some missing features on Namely, like the ability to have recurring monthly deductions versus deductions each check. I would also like to see some improvements to the performance management system.

Namely is getting better and better by the day!

Hi, we've been using Namely for the past year and it's been fun implementing the system and building out our new processes within the system. There have been a couple of challenges, but I think it's because the company is still growing. I believe they are aware of the issues and are trying their best to fix them. I like that they seem to be transparent, they continuously keep us clients informed about releases and updates. They know that they must get payroll running smoothly (which is where we have the most issues). Payroll still needs work but it's not bad or a deal breaker. I'm confident that they will make payroll better within the next couple of months.

Pros

Allows us to have a paperless on boarding! The team/org. charts, reporting, time off management and performance platform.

Cons

Payroll needs more work.

Line up your nagging people tech problems, Namely mows them down. And it's a ride mower ;-)

Don't let your fear of change deter you from moving to a truly innovative and integrated solution.

Pros

Long list here. Everything in one place. Simple to access. Easy to use. Mobile. Integrated with several other key partners. FABULOUS customer service. Conversion is handled professionally, competently and quickly. Managers are delighted to be able to master the "dark arts" of goals, performance reviews, time off, resources and more. From the CEO out to every person at Namely, there's a vibe of energy, commitment and smarts. How refreshing.

Cons

Short list here. Like any innovative, new solution, there are features we users crave. The Namely product development team are fast and responsive. The product roadmap is shared with us. Oh, this was the cons list. Sorry. Done.

Solid software for the price

The support team and onboarding tools are both fantastic. They've recently added a "goals" feature that we are just starting to use, so that is exciting. Overall, it's a great value for the price.

Pros

Great UI, compared to other HRIS products of similar cost. The internal support team is very responsive and helpful. There is a wide range of tools to choose from: onboarding, PTO, performance reviews, benefit portals, payroll, etc. I've found the onboarding feature very helpful, as new hires can start their HRIS profile, as well as read and agree to all new hire paperwork.

Cons

The API leaves some room for improvement, but I believe they are working to improve it. Also, the benefits portal works well, but the "electronic feed" to the insurance company hasn't worked for us. Well, it works, it just doesn't link accurate information. I believe they are working on that as well. The performance review reminders are not found in an intuitive manner, but the program itself is pretty easy to use once you know where to find things.

Friendly software

Namely is a nice product and basically helps with managing the employee records in a good way

Pros

Basically Namely is a nice product. I'm an finance team worker and using it on a daily basis. Also, it 's easy to find what I need. Exporting reports is simple.

Cons

I'm not operating the product so I'm not familiar if there is a possibility for it, but I think there should be more fields or at least a possibility to add a field according to the company's needs.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has simplified your Finance team's day-to-day. As for fields, we've made our platform customizable from the ground up so that you can create as many company fields as you want.

Excellent Solution for SMBs and Scaling Companies

The best parts about using Namely is their excellent support+success team and the constant growth that they are experiencing which results in frequent updates that make my job easier. Having a fully integrated solution has saved me an abundance of time. The ease of integration with the HRIS tool is great for scaling companies that use a variety of products to function but want one-source-of-truth. Reporting capabilities in both HRIS and Payroll are detailed and have gained the stamp of approval from Finance and HR.

Pros

-Excellent customer support. -One stop solution for HRIS, Payroll, and Benefits. -Very customizable for different use cases. -Constant and reliable product updates and roadmap.

Cons

-Document storage is not robust -While the tool is very customizable, it is a slight learning curve to master the smaller details.

My #1 Software in HR

Implementing Namely is the best HR decision our small company has made. We have a small administrative team and I am new to HR. Namely has provided us with a huge opportunity to start out with great employee compliance, structure, and utilization of forward thinking technology.

Pros

It's inclusivity of employee information; it's features save time and help with company compliance. It helps new employees have a platform when working remotely, and helps HR keep up with remote employees. Namely is always adding new features based on client feedback and everyone at Namely is a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The timesheets aren't my favorite, but they get the job done and do offer a few different options. Namely is working on improvements to the things I dislike about them.

Really great software

Pros

I really like the user interface design and the ease of processing payroll. I also really enjoy all the customization options there are. I can pretty easily get all the data that I need.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of the performance feature. They used to have issues with responsiveness on the support side, but they have fixed that. They have a really great Help Community feature now that has pretty much fixed that.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have found our platform to be user-friendly and customizable. As for support, we're constantly striving to enhance our service model and are happy that you find the Namely Help Community to be useful and responsive.

Namely Review

Pros

Namely's ease of use is second to none. Our employees love the facebook like layout.

Cons

We wish there was more performance management features. Takes a lot of self learning to learn about a lot of the features.

User Friendly system but poor customer service model

Customer service experience has been poor since they changed their service model in 2018.

Pros

The user experience is simple and easy to navigate.

Cons

The build out for open enrollment and feeds is extremely lengthy and pricey.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and truly apologize for your negative experience with customer service. Based on client feedback and the request for dedicated support with our Service Team, we introduced a new and improved service model this past May. We are confident that our new Pod Service Model will enhance our clients' overall experiences.

Next Gen HR Tool!

Namely has a great user experience from both the employee standpoint, as well as an admin in the system. You can capture as much data as you want and build custom categories which makes data collection robust and easy. The support team is responsive on all matters, despite the time zone differences. Overall a great product and big bang for the buck (with some minor roadmap additions).

Pros

Ease of use is it's #1 asset

Cons

Sometimes simple things weren't contemplated early enough in building out an HRIS system (e.g. 3 different direct deposit accounts (some people like auto debit from payrolls; state tax categories)

Namely Review

Amazing. Timely. Professional. Helpful. Friendly.

Pros

HRIS system is easy to manage and understand. Our employees like the feed. Love the customer service - they are super helpful and friendly. Love eSig.

Cons

I don't like Namely Time. I wish it was more straightforward to use. I also wish that Namely had a background check integration providers. I wish there was a built in ATS system.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer support team helps give you confidence when using Namely. As for your pain points, we will be be sure to relay them to our Product team.

Namely provides true partnership and our one true source of data

Pros

Namely provides the functionality we need and partners with you on solutions versus just telling "we can't do that." Their open API capability has allowed us to integrate our other system solutions; and, the user experience on the admin and employee side is excellent.

Cons

All platforms have their quirks. We don't have any complaints about Namely. They work with you to provide you solutions you need. They also listen to their clients' feedback and incorporate it into their product updates.

User Friendly but not Payroll/ PTO Tracking / Time-Keeping Friendly. Bad Implementation Team.

We are trying to minimize paper clutter and store information digitally which is one of the reasons why we chose Namely. On-boarding process is much more automated as you can upload all required documents into a template and have new employees complete them using e-signature. Performance Management feature makes it very easy to keep track of everyone's progress and manage from the administrative side. Benefits Open Enrollment is now automated and employees will be accountable for making changes or selecting new coverage.

Pros

ser friendly. Easy to navigate through the website and very easy to run custom reports in the HRIS side. We are also utilizing their on-boarding, performance management and benefits enrollment features to save the company time as well as to reduce paperwork.

Cons

Biggest concern is that the Payroll module is as robust as Namely claims it to be. The report writer is limited and there are manual double entries that you need to do to if you are tracking PTO as well as other information using their HRIS module. We ended up purchasing their Namely Time module because the web-clock and PTO Tracking in their HRIS module is very limited; the web-clock is unable to...

Needs more work

I have only been using Namely since the end of May 2019. I am hoping that as time goes on it will become easier to navigate, but at this time I am not enjoying the move.

Pros

I like the idea of only having to use 1 program to manage employee timekeeping, payroll and benefits.

Cons

This program has not been an easy transition nor has it been easy learn. One of my biggest issues with Namely is the process of inputting new hires. They call it Onboarding, and the new hire has to have an email or you have to setup one for them. Once you have completed the onboarding process then you have to go through many different screens to finish the setup, and then wait for the system to...

Small Business Platform Only - the Quickbooks of HRIS/Payroll

We are a high-growth company of 1000+ employees and complex, ever-changing operations, so while our experience from a Systems and Support standpoint is far from great, we may not be the target demographic. This tool is far more suited to small and mid-size businesses who can handle manual system changes and configuration at the employee level. But for large enterprise-level companies who require robust tools--reporting, customization, anything at scale--this is not the vendor for you.

Pros

User Interface is simple and somewhat easy to navigate from a visual standpoint. HRIS side of the platform is nice. Reporting tool, while simple and one-dimensional, is easy to configure. Uploads and onboarding are simple.

Cons

When it comes to robust, enterprise-level tools and customization, this system is clearly lacking. The HRIS and Payroll side are fragmented and poorly connected. The two systems talk to each other poorly with common fields that are not truly linked. This forces the client to constantly audit both portals and update manually to ensure data integrity within a singular platform. Run into bugs and...

HRIS - Small Non-Profit Company

We had to build our HR department from the ground up. Before Namely all of the documents, timesheets, and reporting were done on paper and manually. Namely was able to provide us with everything we need to build our HR department. It is also user-friendly that all our employees were able to transition to using Namely with ease. We also operate from multiple locations, and Namely was able to house all documents that we need in an instant.

Pros

We are a non-profit organization that works seasonal. Most of our employees are retired and have challenges using different technology, but with Namely they are able to adapt to our new system fairly quickly. We like how the system is user-friendly for both admin and user side.

Cons

There are some reporting options that are not available for admin, but I was able to obtain the reports that I needed through the service team.

Great for keeping up

Overall, highly positive.

Pros

Namely allows me to see company updates, but also to manage my resources that the company offers me. This includes PTO and crucial documents and tax info that helps on a yearly basis.

Cons

It could be a little more seamless on the UI side. With web 3.0, Namely is still a little clunky.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our platform helps you manage your resources and keep up with company updates.

Namely is AWESOME!

Pros

The Onboarding has completely changed our hiral process and cut my time by hours. It is so easy and everything is done before employee comes in. I love it.

Cons

Probably the least thing is that alot of info from Namely Payroll does not flow thru to Time.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our all-in-one platform has saved you valuable time.

HR efficiency

Namely has helped our organization streamline HR process and easy for our employees to access their tax documents, benefits, PTO requests and etc. I have heard more positive responses from our members than negative ones.

Pros

Namely is a great tool to have in any organization. It will help your operation cost and streamline HR processes. I enjoyed the dashboard, all important information is easy to access and the messaging function is an easy way to communicate with HR or Namely Admin.

Cons

When I had to do revisions to my benefits it was a hurdle, I had to wait on our Admin to update my profile. But as soon as it was updated, doing the revisiions was easy.

Namely is a stellar, customizable HRIS that is great for small companies.

Pros

Great customer service, awesome "Backstage Pass" features educating about all areas of HR, and an always-improving platform are some of Namely's strengths. When I reach out to my customer success representative, I usually get a response within a few hours. She's even helped with things that are out of her realm. Namely is always asking for feedback on how to improve the product, and in my short time working with this system, I've seen several of those requested features implemented. Namely also has some of the best training resources available.

Cons

It's still fairly new, so some features are still being worked on. There are so many reports available that it's a bit difficult to know what each report contains and which would serve your purpose best.

Nice software for keeping company connected

It makes it very easy to find my paystubs and benefit information. It also has a nice newsfeed where people can post company updates. Also, if I can't remember someone's name, I can go find their picture on Namely and it has information like their name, the department they work in, and how long they've been with the company.

Pros

It's really easy and intuitive to use, it has great features, and I use it all the time. It's much, much less cumbersome than most of the cloud-based software of a similar nature that I've used at other companies. I really have hardly any complaints about Namely; I just wish the other software I used at work was this nice.

Cons

I don't like that I have to go to organization.namely.com instead of going to Namely and just logging in. I'm not sure why this bothers me but I find it frustrating that I often forget and go to namely.com, and then land on a page that's trying to sell the platform to HR professionals. Some elements feel like a blatant ripoff of Facebook, but hey, it makes it easy to use.

Namely Review

My experience with Namely is very positive. I mainly use it for keeping track of PTO and downloading paystubs.

Pros

It is very easy to keep track of both used and unused PTO. The user can request time off in a few very simple steps and managers can respond to them quickly.

Cons

Document sharing between employees can be improved. While tabs can be added for HR departments to upload documents, it can still be difficult for the user to find the documents they are looking for quickly.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and will be sure to relay your suggestion about document sharing to our Product team.

Namely brings together HRIS, payroll, and benefits into a pleasantly designed, easy to use package!

Pros

I love that benefit elections are synced to payroll. Before Namely, this was a huge manual effort to maintain and audit. Namely is engaging and simple for employees to use - I get frequent positive feedback on that, across our staff demographics. People also really like the activity feed to give appreciative shout-outs to coworkers. As an admin, Namely's flexible permissions are a huge plus - this is something I've missed with other cloud software my company uses.

Cons

The Time Off functionality is a bit simplistic. I'd also like to see more configurable, custom notifications.