All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Namely Reviews

Austin C.

Read the full review
It is user friendly, accurate, and reliable. I also love working with a dedicated payroll rep each payroll cycle to help make things run smooth and efficiently.

Read the full review
There are many other more cost effective and competent payroll services available. I strongly recommend using them.

Karin B.

Read the full review

Cons

TERRIBLE!!! AWFUL!!! TOTAL NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE. My husband's employer (he is a Network Engineer) recently came on board with Namely, too.

Shannon S.

Tess R.

Read the full review
Hold times for client services are crazy. I guess b/c the company is in financial trouble the staff is bare.

John C.

Read the full review

Very good software, should add a little more functionality in future releases

Namely keeps us connected and focused at work.

Namely has helped us to manage the workforce, employee retention, understand data and insights within our organization, and keeping us connected in a single package, and we are able to benchmark our productivity, accountability, and credibility in terms of HR. We are able to set time cards, clock-in features at work, as a result, we are able to get optimum results. Managing time-off requests, sick leave(vacation) for employees has been a lot easier, and also the reporting and analytic feature of Namely has helped to keep track of every record at work. Overall, Namely has helped our organization in managing the workforce, employee engagement along with payroll, benefits, and talent management.

Pros

Namely is simply a great platform for HR, Payroll, and benefits management within the organizational framework, as it helps to create better workplaces with varying functionality to adapt in small to mid-size businesses and comply with different regulations at work.

Cons

No particular downsides of the software. Sometimes, I got a problem syncing employee's data to Namely. The API call is not worth handled by the application and keeps me disconnected. Hope this would be solved in the next update.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely helps you manage your workforce, keep employees engaged, and build a better workplace.

Great HRIS and Payroll system with many customizable features

I and a Namely advocate, I was instrumental in recommending and seeting them up for my business. I just think their customer service format changes frequently and it is confusing sometimes to keep up with their preferred communication etiquette.

Pros

We have a ver detailed and multi step performance review process, Namely allowe dus to build the ratings and concepts for our processes. The abilit ti assign multiplie review writers, the steps of approval and the reminders are all key in our operations.

Cons

Our account contacts and the way we communicate has changed at least 3 times in the past year. Sometimes i feel like there is a push to work with customer service only in their prefered way, if you send an e-mail instead of a case or if you mark something urgent that they don't think is urgent.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you find our platform to be super customizable, especially when it comes to performance reviews. As for customer support, we truly apologize for your experience. We are confident that our new Pod Service Model and the Namely Help Community will enhance clients' overall experiences going forward.

Namely Product Review

My overall experience has been very positive. They have an updated customer service center that provides you with related articles to your question which is very helpful. The customer service reps are usually pretty timely and are always very nice and polite.

Pros

What I like most is the ease of use for our employees. It is a very intuitive system to use and an employee's profile, performance management, PTO and onboarding tasks are visible to them.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that we have brought up questions, multiple times, about performance management system generated responses that do not make sense and they have never been fixed. You will receive an email that says "your approval required" even though the text below it says the review is incomplete.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you find our platform easy to use. We are also excited to hear that you have enjoyed working with our new Pod Service Model, as it has been designed to enhance clients' overall experiences.

SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

TERRIBLE!!! AWFUL!!! TOTAL NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE!!! My husband's employer (he is a Network Engineer) recently came on board with Namely, too. They are an international company with several branches. We talk at night about the nightmares this product creates. The service is so bad with Namely that staff comes to their IT department to try and find workarounds. For HR we are contemplating going back to paper because even though that's a pain, at least you don't have the irritation of paper not working!!!!!!

Pros

It's like Facebook so it makes it familiar and user friendly to those who have Facebook accounts.

Cons

1. Every time I go to onboard a new hire there is a client-wide issue with the system and it's with "Engineering" to fix. 2. You don't receive communication on when there are client-wide system issues or when they are fixed. You just have to keep inputting the same information over and over until the one time you click and it miraculously works! 3. The migration from one system to Namely has taken...

Great All in One System for SMBs!

Friendly support staff, easy to get set-up, many self-service tools and customizations and always improving. I am very happy with Namely.

Pros

Easy to use, modern interface with many customizations. Excellent Onboarding tools with e-signatures that create a great first impression with new hires. Integrates with our ATS

Cons

Some features could be a little more polished, but none of it critical.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue enhancing our platform to continue giving you the functions and flexibility that fit your company needs.

Happy with HRIS

Namely is a good system. It has helped us to make our candidate and employee experience easier and more efficient. We are looking forward to adding the benefits system to replace our current system to really give our employees a central place to go for all of their needs.

Pros

We really like the onboarding tool for our new hires. There are definitely benefits to this system to streamline your process. For the most part, Namely provides an easy to use platform for our new hires to upload and provide their information. I really like the option of the e-signature which allows us to send out documents to individuals or company wide to be signed. Those documents are then available on the employees profile. We like the analytics which allow us to look at a variety of data points about our employees. We are preparing to add Namely benefits to our package and are hopeful that this will allow us to increase our employee experience satisfaction.

Cons

We did not have a great experience with implementation and felt that we were not prepared for our go live. Our original Customer Support person struggled with many of our questions and concerns and we were left to figure a good number of work arounds on our own. We are hopeful that the new system for getting help support will be better for us. We are frequently looking for ways to work around the limitations of the Namely software. The Namely community of users has been helpful to our company.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has enhanced your onboarding process and overall employee experience. As for implementation, we truly apologize for your experience. We have made several improvements recently, such as introducing Data Migration Services, to ensure that our clients' implementations go smoothly and properly prepare them to go live. As for customer support, we are confident that our new Pod Service Model will enhance clients' overall experiences and are happy to hear that you have found the Namely Help Community to be helpful.

Namely HRIS

Excellent

Pros

I love the viewability of the site for our staff.

Cons

Back end functionality and learning. Lots of e-learning but we have admin users who need to be able to have a walk through while they are on their machine to understand. Namely does however, do a good job of having plenty of YouTube videos that show you the walk through.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and have been releasing more intuitive training courses to make you and your HR team's e-learning experience as seamless as possible.

Namely Software

Pros

I love the ability to have all of my onboarding forms in one place. Employees are able to electronically sign and eases the onboarding process.

Cons

The feature that I like the least is the benefits process. The last two years I have had problems with registering new employees with the insurance and it seems like I end up doing the registration myself so the employees can get their insurance.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has been able to offer you onboarding features that best fit your company.

A Great Company that is Always Improving

Pros

We love the onboarding system, it makes everything very easy and automated! We also really appreciate the way Namely takes feedback and acts upon it. They release new features and products every quarter and the releases really are what the customers are looking for. The company is always looking to improve and grow which we really value.

Cons

We have had difficulty with the Namely Time feature, it gets confusing for employees and sometimes there are issues with information syncing between the two systems.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue enhancing our platform and your overall client experience.

Easy and sustainable.

Namely is simple and easy to use, it requires a few improvements that seem to be coming soon. It still has some glitches that need an urgent fix, but with the few conversations I've had with the Customer Support team, I can tell that Namely will greatly improve in future versions.

Pros

It is a straightforward and easy to use software, the user interface is the simplest one in the market of HR Management tools. It is a good example of the Integration between Payroll and HR Systems, and might be useful in the Linkbuilding bussiness with a few enhancements and addons. The Customer Service is great and the people involved are very kind and competent.

Cons

The customization of the processes is not easy to implement, and tends to be tiresome, and in many cases it slows down the navigation. It is currently lacking a proper auto-sync feature. It does not have the E-signature feature for current employees. The performance management module has a complicated nature. There could be a better integration between the HR and the Payroll modules. As I explained in the Pros, it is easy to use but it could be highly improved in terms of pragmatic functionalities over the user friendly interface.

Overall review

Pros

Namely is easy to navigate for the admins and our employees. The social aspect that everybody can share on the dashboard is great. Payroll service is also very satisfactory. Customer service improved from an year ago. We have received fast and helpful responses to our inquiries. Benefits management in the system is also intuitive. We had smooth last Open Enrollment.

Cons

One of the features that I wish to improve is the Namely Time reporting. Majority of our employees are hourly so when we are looking for reporting on the hours worked the reports are not robust and involves lots of time cleaning to get to the information you need. PTO tracking for hourly and salary and reporting it could be better and less confusing. Another feature I wish to improve is the Namely Benefits as a broker. We had signed up previously but then ended up with another broker as many errors occurred in our benefits management and lack of commutation with our broker. File feed management during open enrollment could improved also.

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that both you and your employees find Namely's platform user-friendlyespecially with payroll services.

Namely Allowed HR to Scale

Streamlining all of our onboarding and reviewing.

Pros

Namely is used as our HRIS and payroll system. I has an onboarding module that was incredibly helpful in digitizing our entire onboarding system and allowing all the info to flow into HRIS and payroll. The EE review feature has also streamlined our review process

Cons

The implementation required heavy lifting to present our data into a Namely prescribed spreadsheets. I wished there were better mapping that would have required more on Namely's part. (2) some of the place holding features that exist in payroll are not available on the HRIS side. Ex: if I want to view deductions for many EEs I can go the deduction location and click through and easily view one EEs info after another. If I want to do the same within HRIS I cannot. So there are many, many clicks required to accomplish the same task.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has streamlined your HR processes, like onboarding and performance reviews. As for implementation, we truly apologize for your experience. In 2019, we recognized that gathering required data was a huge lift and burden for some of our clients, so we introduced Data Services as a solution. Clients who...

Great Service

In the beginning, there were a few bumps in the road. But once we were assigned a team like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we were all set. These three are the dream team as I call them. They have the answers and if not they will ensure they get you the answers. We have been extremely pleased with how they continue to provide us with the best customer service a client can ask for. They have enabled us to utilize the system to the fullest.

Pros

I find the Help Community to be a great asset and feature when you are looking for. quick response. I have to say with all that is happening with COVID-19 Namely has been on top of every new law.

Cons

The ability to run reports and headcount.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have found your service team and the Namely Help Community to be helpful - especially during this difficult time.

HR and payroll 'amped up'

Great team, good support. Really have enjoyed and benefited from the Broker Team at Namely.

Pros

I think the ease of use for all users was a main factor. Keeps the team engaged, connected and really enjoy the ability to manage PTO all in one spot.

Cons

Think sometimes there are a couple of suggestions by a minority that get a lot of attention and maybe it isn't something that needed to get focused on right away or maybe more discussion so the functionality works better for all.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our platform helps keep your employees engaged and connected. We work very hard to assess, prioritize, and action on all suggestions that we receive. Please continue to give product feedback to your dedicated Namely Pod and know that we take it very seriously!

Not your typical Payroll software, so no more dreading the use of it!

I used to dread doing payroll, because the system we were using was not user friendly and extremely time consuming and cumbersome. Now, with Namely, I can input information into the HRIS system, and it feeds right over into Payroll; so no more double entering! Namely does not look like a typical boring old spreadsheet. The system is easy to read, with nice use of color, and some areas even customizable...

Pros

The ease of use, customizable reports in format pdf or Excel, and it even looks appealing to work in.

Cons

I have to manually input PTO for new hires, or when someone moves to next tier of years of service. The numerous email alerts you get for any employee change request (ie: address; title change; Raise, etc...) gets annoying, yet to confirm that I sent off the payroll submission, I don't receive any.

CircleCI<>Namely

Our experience with Namely has definitely been tumultuous. We had a very rocky start and it continued to be rocky as the turnover rate was extremely high on their CS team. We had about 6 CSMs within one year. Constant issues with the platform and no resolution in sight. Things are better now and Namely seems to be making great strides towards progress, but still has work to do.

Pros

-one source of truth for all employee information - easy to track/request time off -resources tab is helpful for new hires -place to store private employee data -very customizable

Cons

-SO many issues in the beginning(especially with workflows and onboarding templates) (ex. when you submit a salary change workflow you have to do two separate workflows for base salary and commission, even though the commission piece is added into the workflow). -can't easily hide legal name from other employees view -tasks tab is pretty much no use to us. When you assign a task to someone there is no way to set reminders or alert you if you have a task overdue. Also, no notification or red flag that says you have incomplete tasks on the homepage.

Good Product and Company with Direction

Namely has saved us time in a lot of areas once we really learned how to use the system. We have been very impressed with Namely's interest in responding to client needs and I've not ever worked with a company such as theirs with a roadmap that is truly responsive to clients. One area they can continue to improve upon is in customer service--I find myself needing to follow up on service requests often. That said, I know it is something that they are working on improving. Overall good experience with Namely.

Pros

Namely's onboarding function has been a huge time saver for our company. We have a lot of documentation that employees must sign and review before starting and it makes it easy for them to find it all in one place. Performance reviews are also a breeze with Namely. Lastly, we have found a lot of benefit in the all-in-one nature of Namely for ourselves and our employees.

Cons

The integration between HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, and Time can certainly continue to be improved. Additionally, our company manages multiple EINs and so we would like to see Namely continue to improve functionality for this.

Highly Recommend

Pros

Namely is easy to use. I highly recommend using all options for a true integrated experience - HRIS, Payroll, Benefits & Time. It has definitely enabled our small People Ops team be able to support our company's rapid growth. It has a great user interface for our employees. Namely is constantly adding new features and improvements, which shows me they are constantly looking to adapt their product to the needs of their customers.

Cons

Namely is very much "self-service", which can be great if you have the answers and the knowledge. However, there are some drawbacks with payroll, which can often provide tax & regulatory challenges. Getting a hold of the right person when we have detailed payroll questions, can sometimes be difficult.

Namely HR Software

Our staff is very pleased with Namely - it saves them time completing performance appraisals. Plus they have their information at their fingertips and can quickly make a change of address right there instead of sending an email to all who needs to know.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. It reminds me most of Facebook. Pretty user-friendly.

Cons

We have a lot of "special circumstances". Some are harder than others to incorporate into this software. We have workarounds for most of them and we have changed some of our procedures to fit within the Namely parameters.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your employees enjoy using our platform.

Review of Namely for time management, easily accessible benefits information and other perks

Namely has been transformational for our business, improving efficiency and allowing employees and managers to focus more on the core work of the organization without being bogged down by time-consuming HR tasks. The ability to track leave, benefits and paystubs all in one software keeps us accountable and avoids lots of paperwork!

Pros

Before my company started using Namely, we were submitting our time-off requests on paper and routing through multiple mailboxes for approvals. We did not have a reliable and convenient system for managing our leave accrual or communicating with busy managers about PTO requests. Now, all of that information is at our fingertips, approvals are a breeze, and it's easier for managers to keep track of all of their direct reports' schedules. Namely also allows us to view our pay stubs and benefits information at any time, and complete our annual open enrollment, all within the software. I would highly recommend the service to any organization looking to improve its efficiency for HR processes.

Cons

At our company, employees accrue comp time for working weekend events throughout the year. Namely does not allow us to enter that comp time in a formal system that is tracked electronically. Instead, we keep track of it on our own, and when we enter PTO requests as "comp time for XYZ event", it is on the honor system. Not a huge complaint, but would be nice if we could track that piece of our PTO the same way we can vacation time, sick time, etc.

Namely - Great for HR, Payroll, and Employees

We signed up for Namely in the Fall of 2014. We started with the HRIS and benefits for just flex spending. Being in HR, it was wonderful to be able to customize Namely's platform to include the data that we wanted to track and provide. For employees, it was a game changer because they now had access to information they had never had before (such as a clear salary and bonus history). In January...

Pros

I love how customizable Namely is.

Cons

They haven't rolled it out yet but, I'm excited to be able to report on any and every field in Namely in one report and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to do document signing for current employees one day.

Namely: To Infinity and Beyond!

A couple of years ago I sat in my office after getting off the phone with our previous HR software support team. I was angry at the 72 hour turn around time and then it hit me. I don't have to put up with this. I began my journey to find a replacement HR/Payroll platform. I didn't want to be held back by so-called "turn around time" ever again. Demo after demo I battled through all the fluff of the...

Pros

Employees and Managers love the look, feel and ease of use. The platform is very customize able and the reporting is very powerful. From on-boarding to termination, Namely has what it takes to get the job done. Their open API is a huge plus allowing integration with almost any vendor.

Cons

The calendar could be more powerful and the file storage could use a makeover, but you can't lose with this platform. They are continuously listening to users and making improvements.

Namely 2020 Review

It has been overall pretty smooth and very easy to use and track things.

Pros

We love the fact that it has the social media piece to it for internal posting of events and encouragement and recognition. The product is great due to the ability to utilize it via the app as well.

Cons

We would like to be able to upload videos. At times when updates are made, it changes things that give us a bit of a problem until we figure it out. With the benefits, it would be nice to be able to put in a beneficiary and not have to retype it over and over. We can use the dependent field, but then it looks like the person is a dependent instead of just a beneficiary

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed interacting with your employees on our platform. As for uploading videos and inputting beneficiaries, we will be be sure to relay your feedback to our Product team.

Namely: The light weight Champion in a heavy weight market

From the beginning, Namely has been fast, easy, yet very powerful. This platform looks and feels like social media sites, but in the background (or under the hood) is very powerful technology that allows both employers and employees simplify their work life. For the employer there are very powerful reporting and communication tools. The benefit management, on boarding, and performance reviews are a...

Pros

I love all the integration between their HR and Payroll platforms. Namely is truly a one stop shop when it comes to an all around HR/Payroll platform.

Cons

It's hard to say anything negative about the platform. It was up and running and ready to go from the start. The customer service has been excellent. There have been mostly positive experiences so far.

Would choose Namely if evaluating vendors again

Namely has been a great decision for our company that wanted to house Payroll, Benefits and HRIS under one roof. We selected them due to the ease of use of the platform for the site administrators as well as our employees and felt they would be able to meet the needs of our growing company. The service that Namely's staff has provided is great. If evaluating vendors for another company, I would choose to select and implement Namely again.

Pros

The platform is very easy for employees and site admins to navigate. It's intuitive. It promotes self-service so employees can update their personal information, with an easy click they can request and their manager can approve PTO, they can easy view important company information (employee handbook, their w2, summary plan descriptions, etc). Once set up, onboarding new hires is super easy and quick and done within the Namely system. The mobile app is easy to use. We love that our distributed workforce can view their co-workers birthdays and work anniversaries and we can disseminate info via the facebook like newsfeed. It helps everyone feel more connected even though they are spread out around the country.

Cons

They are still working to auto-sync some remaining fields from the HRIS to payroll side of the platform (like EEOC/Job Category and Ethnicity info) for easy EEO-1 reporting.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.