All categories

Crowdcast

Live video platform for creators and businesses

Crowdcast Reviews

Pros

Very intuitive; I've recommended for many clients who are not very tech savvy and they always love it. The community and support are awesome, and they're always working to improve the platform.

Marie P.

Very simple setup and a price structure that is scalable and easy to understand. The best thing is that the video and audio quality is optimal and reliable.

Carlos Andres C.

I had some questions and the support staff was extremely responsive, helpful and friendly.

Liz G.

Larry K.

The registration process for attendees was unfortunate with Crowdcast, which was a real bummer.

Christopher S.

My biggest issue is that Safari is basically off limits, I personally use Chrome but many in my audience don’t. So there needs to be quite a bit of user onboarding because no one reads.

Meighan O.

4.7

Crowdcast is great for paid, free, and streaming webinars

Transcript

Guy: Hi, I'm Guy. I'm the founder of a consultancy firm working in the health and fitness industry. I...

A fun new way to engage an audience!

Transcript

Kate Y.: Hi, I'm Kate. I'm an executive director and I give Crowdcast a four out of five. For more reviews,...

The absolute best webinar platform in the galaxy

We hosted over a hundred webinars on Crowdcast and every single one of them was absolutely amazing. Can't wait to start recording the next season of our webinar series.

Pros

If I was to pick one thing I'd say it's the way the platform is built. They built great foundation from the very beginning and continue to add to features and functionality that makes this platform absolutely amazing for anyone who needs to host webinars or online conferences. The possibilities are endless with Crowdcast.

Cons

It's price is a bit too high for small business or entrepreneurs. I wish they had better pricing model as for now it targets bigger podcasts and content creators.

A fresh, new way to do webinars

Crowdcast has been our go-to product for live online events for the past 3 years. We connect with our audiences in many different of type of events online - from webinars, to Ask Me Anything sessions. The authentic way that we can connect with them on Crowdcast really helps us build relationships and help them out.

Pros

Crowdcast is a fresh looking platform and very interactive. It is an easier and better way to interact with users online, versus traditional "webinar" platforms and systems. It has functions that really help you engage with your audiences, and also helps them interact with each other. The event functions like submitting questions and chat box area really helps bring the events to life and makes them fun.

Cons

I've found that for guest speakers who may not be "tech-savvy" sometimes have issues logging on or understanding how to use the product. Usually once trained, it's smooth. Only other downfall is needing to make sure what browser you are on since it cannot function in Safari, and we have a lot of Apple users.

my crowdcast disaster

We attempted to host a Facebook Advertising Summit event via crowdcast, on january 24th, there were around 14k sign ups with maybe 3k live attendees (we will never know the full number though, since crowdcast was down). It was a major event that our team spent a lot of time and effort to prepare. Immediately we were inundated with over a thousand support requests of users complaining that crowdcast...

Pros

there was nothing remarkable about this software other than a shocking number of bugs, horrible product instability issues, and an unapologetic CEO who seems to be oblivious to these and other serious issues.

Cons

crowdcast is extremely buggy. According to correspondence with Crowdcast's CEO, their database "locks up" from time to time when lots of people try to sign in, which makes it so that nobody can watch the live event. This seems like a pretty huge design flaw given that the purpose of this software is to host events with a few thousand people. We tried to stream our live event through this platform and received thousands of user complaints saying they couldn't access the livestream to the event. This software is supposed to do one thing (live casting of a video stream to thousands of people) and it fails miserably at doing that one thing.

Easiest webinar software out there

Overwhelmingly positive. The team is responsive and helpful, and even fun to work with. I do weekly broadcasts with my students, and occasionally a webinar with 1,000+ attendees. Always works like a charm for me.

Pros

I've used any number of competing webinar products. Crowdcast is the easiest to use of all of them. The ability to easily simul-cast to Facebook and Youtube is a big plus, but the best part is that it just works in your browser. There's nothing to download unless you are going to broadcast. I have an audience of technophobes and Luddites, and even they like it.

Cons

I wish there were more directly built-in integrations, especially with Infusionsoft, but Zapier makes that work.

Easy streaming software

Crowdcast solves the need for a live broadcasting software that can handle a daily live experience with little to no problems.

Pros

I manage a daily live show via Crowdcast that streams to Facebook and YouTube. Crowdcast makes it incredibly easy to have several different hosts and technical people creating the shows.

Cons

No microphone input availability to use headphones on the software itself. It’s really irritating to have to adjust chrome setting every time.

I love Crowdcast!

Crowdcast are great, one of the most responsive platforms and always looking to improve and engage you as part of that process so you get what you want. I love them!

Pros

What I love most is that the automatic replay feature. This is huge for my business as it means that if a client misses a call they can gain access immediately and it has the same link to access it so it's really easy for them to be able to jump onto the replay - low drama! This takes so much pressure off me to get the video uploaded and the audio ripped out. I also love the chat box thread - my clients really value being seen so it works perfectly.

Cons

It took me a wee while to get used to screen sharing but now that I have it sorted it's all good!

Revolutionary Product; Stellar Support

Brilliant. Absolutely brillant. Worth every penny.

Pros

Crowdcast is imminently well designed to foster both community building and audience growth. Interaction is smooth and virtually delay-free (much better than on, say, Facebook live). Options for polls, and the time-stamp-able Ask a Question feature raise this live video platform to the next level. Replay is seamlessly available nearly immediately in the same space and can be watched at high speed. I've livestreamed directly to YouTube and Facebook without a hitch. Any time I've needed help, one of the Crowdcast staff has replied promptly with accurate and thorough information and suggestions. They are also incredibly responsive to user feedback and feature requests.

Cons

I'd love it if they had an admin option so that my VA could moderate comments for me while I speak.

Terrific tool for paid live events

I use Crowdcast primarily for paid livestreams, and it works really well for this. Set up the event, connect your Stripe account to received payments, and start promoting it. Crowdcast even sends out reminder emails to all signups prior to the event.

Pros

Super easy to set up an event and charge for it, which is what I've used Crowdcast for primarily. I love that it keeps a recording of the livestream, which I can continue to charge access to. No need for additional software, hosting, or other services. It's all-in-one. Terrific customer service!

Cons

I really can't think of any. It does everything it promises to do, and whenever I've had a problem, Crowdcast's team were super helpful.

Not just a webinar/podcast tool!

Internally, we found an extra bonus. We use Crowdcast to keep transparent records of our nonprofit board meetings.

Pros

I love how supportive the staff and community were when I didn't know how to do something. There's a great network of people doing this webinar/podcast thing who became kind of a community as we were just starting up. I also love the ability to bring participants up on screen real-time, and it is helpful being able to integrate with OBS, Facebook and YouTube to make sure we stay informative and connected.

Cons

We couldn't broadcast from our phone... they're working on it!

Awesome live casting

Crowdcast has enabled us to stream live into our digital community solution rather than needing a separate landing link, keeping the community focused within our main digital solution - the onsales we've achieved from the live Call to Action button has more than paid for the reasonable Crowdcast fees!

Pros

Crowdcast has some great features like embedding in various web environments, Call to Action sales option when live, 'green room' speaker preparation area and a Q&A option that includes being able to timestamp the relevant video location of the discussion.

Cons

Currently limited to 4 speakers on screen at any time.

Works great for teachers

I use Crowdcast as a way to deliver live or recorded training sessions. It's a simple way to test out this method of service and communication without getting into custom platform building or anything complicated for video storage.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use, both for myself and for newbies. I appreciate the detailed instructions for how to connect and how to invite others on screen - I send those all the time to new students and guests. It takes just a few min to set up a livestream, and it's a very easy to understand environment. The customer service for Crowdcast is very responsive and helpful. Anytime I've had a question...

Cons

The only thing that is a little awkward is the switching from camera to screenshare, such as when I want to show a Powerpoint. It's not completely seamless - your audience will see you do the action, and there is some delay. But if you're a calm and just very casual presenter, you can cover this lag time smoothly without it seeming weird to the participants. The only other suggestion I would have for Crowdcast is to create a means to organize and present collections of your livestreams. Your events appear in your archive as just a chronological list, instead of being able to be organized by topic or group. As a Patreon user, I can get around this because on the Patreon side, I can do that organizing. But if Crowdcast were my primary landing point for someone, it would look messy.

Love my Crowdcast!

My events move and have everyone in on the chat. They don't simply "feel" involved but they truly "are" involved! That is what I boast about my show and happy I found CrowdCast. I really don't like talking about it to others. It helps make my show stick out. When I discuss the joy I have with others, they then go purchase it. Ugh. Then my show is not as unique. I want to be the only person on the planet to use it. :)

Pros

I love the interaction, it's the most important for me. Now I can take it on the road with me for live chats and live streams. Like the Crowdcast team. They listen, respond, help you out one on one and they continuously add new features to the platform that keep moving it forward. Love the different ways of pricing on each event. I keep learning new features each time i use it. Love that we can chat before and after events. Can Download, change and archive events. I can't say enough about this platform and the team. So many options! Again the support is great. That, I'm finding, is rare! Amazing! Would love to have stock in this one!

Cons

There are problems with fuzziness at times. It's unpredictable, but happens. Would like a sexier store front with choices of a Light or Dark theme and to categorize my videos when members go back to watch them archived, so they can find the different collection of events. Would like fonts/lower thirds to choose from but I'm old school. These are tiny details that they know about and are addressing.

Crowdcast is a nimble tool that helps you grow your audience

My experience is that Crowdcast support team always has my back, and they are making something that is hyper focused on crowd interaction instead of trying to be an everything tool like zoom. We still use Zoom for meetings and for events with extra functionality, but Crowdcast is our go to platform for quickly creating events we know our audience will attend and engage with.

Pros

Right now this is the fastest way to spin up a new webinar event and start getting registrations from my audience. When we switched to crowdcast we saw an increase in participation, chat, Q&A engagement, and replay views of our webinars. We also saved over 6 hours of work per webinar which meant we could afford to do more webinars, more often. It wasn't until after hosting a couple webinars that I realized the real magic of crowdcast. Each event has the same URL for registration, live webinar, and playback. This could be embedded into any website and simultaneously broadcast to my social accounts. This basically allowed us to multi-purpose every event in ways that aren't possible even with powerful platforms like Zoom.

Cons

Crowdcast is browser based, and when it comes to meetings it doesn't compare to zoom. To use crowdcast you need to understand that it's not the "everything" tool but it's a way to create webinars quickly that people will enroll and engage in.

The best webinar platform I used to build genuine relationships with my audience

I am using Crowdcast for more than a year mainly for my membership site. I run about 4-5 broadcasts every month and I consider Crowdcast as one of my biggest partners to make my memership and business running. While there could be some minor technical issues the Crowdcast team is always there for me to answer questions and support. Moreover, their team is the best example of not just customer support but building the relationships and community of clients and including customers into working on improving the product, not just reporting the news about the updates.

Pros

My most favourite feature is that the replay of the webinar is available right after the end of the broadcast ob the same link that the broadcast was. It saves me so much energy and time. I can finish the webinar and have a break not rushing into downloading the recording, uploading it to my website and informing about it all those who missed it. I love Crowdcast for all the nice and extremely useful details like chat with avatars, call to action button, green room for speakers.

Cons

Hard to tell. I think I have most troubles with quality of the video but I guess the reason of this is my Internet connection.

Affordable and Easy to Use

We've had an overall good experience using Crowdcast. I like the support materials and support chat and we like the user experience for ourselves and for our users.

Pros

I like that this program is affordable and easy for our team and our users to use. We use Crowdcast for our Sales and Customer Support Training webinars. We really like that the webinars are automatically recorded and saved to our team page for our users to watch any time. We also like the ability to save custom polls and calls to action in each webinar. The customer support team has been very helpful too.

Cons

We've had some issues with the quality of the screen share and audio in some of the recordings, but the customers support team has been helpful in providing suggestions to improve our webinar recordings.

Crowdcast is the best tool for live video streaming / discussions / collaboration

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to set up a session, the chat and poll and questions features are clever and seamless, and the quality of the streaming platform itself is fantastic. On top of this, their support team is incredibly generous and helpful in getting you up and running! The deep integration with Drip is great, as is the ability to send out your streams to other places. Overall it's great software and my #1 choice for live video broadcasts at the time of this review!

Cons

I don't love that people need an account to join your stream, it's the one drawback that's fairly annoying. In the long run I can see how it makes it easier for attendees if you're live streaming regularly, but it does sometimes feel like I'm building Crowdcast's brand, which for paid software is a bit strange. I'd also like to see functionality that can let you play video and audio inside Crowdcast....

This is an excellent live-streaming forum.

Crowdcast is easy to use and their support team go out of their way to set you up to succeed. Up until now I've been using free live-streaming services that were amateur in all respect (unreliable, unresponsive and I got what I didn't pay for which was 'not much'). I'm really enjoying using this product even though it is very expensive for me as musician with a relatively small - it is growing the scope of what I have to offer and I believe it will allow me to bring in a lot more revenue. My fan base are really engaging more with on Crowdcast than they have in any other platform - and it is allowing me to meaningfully engage with my audience and create a lot more professional looking content fast.

Pros

The best thing about Crowdcast is the product - it's a fantastic and easy to use live-streaming portal that is simple and professional and friendly. Their customer service is also outstanding - they engaged and were helpful in a way that is more typical to a village store and not an international web based company. On a technical note: Crowdcast have a RTMP studio option which allows me to stream very high quality audio and this is a game changer for me as a performing musician - the whole world has become my stage! Without this option I doubt I would have opted for the high price tag.

Cons

The software is excellent and I've had no problems what so ever with it.

Easy and Efficient to Use

The customer service was great!

Pros

I loved how easy this product was to use for myself and participants. I was finding many webinar products overly complicated. This product was amazing!

Cons

I would like to be able to add an admin to the webinar.

A fun new way to engage an audience!

We really enjoyed this new to us platform. The customer support was good when we had issues and the online help was great too. Very informative.

Pros

We liked having a way to have an interactive event that WASN'T Zoom! Allowing the audience to still engage but not managing it through Zoom was what we were seeking and this did the trick. There are several options for interactive components during events that we used successfully and our audience loved having something different too!

Cons

We had some issues with the quality with which the videos we shared during our event were streamed, but I think that was on us, not Crowdcast. We have more work to do in learning how best to compress the files.

review of Crowdcast

I've been using Crowdcast for about a month. I switched to it from Zoom because of lower prices for similar features and a friendlier feel. So far, I've been very satisfied. I've had so many questions that I've gotten to know the support people by name. They've always been friendly and helpful, even though some of my questions were fairly dumb.

Pros

Lower cost than Zoom Ease of use Direct integration with Drip (my CRM software) Friendly look and feel Fast, accurate support via email and chat A support person volunteered to be on my first webinar in person to answer questions and help out if needed. I found that very reassuring when facing 250 live attendees on software that was new to me.

Cons

At the very start of a broadcast, it takes about 5 seconds for the picture to come into focus. I'm not sure whether this is caused by Crowdcast or my webcam, but I did not see it on Zoom. Crowdcast handles webinars only, not meetings. You can have only 4 people onstage at once, or 3 people and a screen share. I'm okay with this, but you may not be. Because of this, I plan to continue using zoom for support group meetings.

Great Make a community from your audience!

Overall, I love the service and can recommend it. It's easy to create and design your live sessions the way you want. It's powerful tool to make webinars, screencast tutorials, interviews and live sesssions with your audience. To avoid some technical troubles my recommendation is to use Google Chrome

Pros

It's online You can build followers and send them emails Good analytics You can use 3rd party tools for broadcasting CTA is a great feature to bring some traffic Intuitive interface

Cons

Sometimes the image quality is not very good, and you don't know why it's like that (internet connection, server or smth elese) You can't control positions of two different screens in a replay. (For example, if you want to have your face in the left corner of your screencasting)

Such a huge fan of Crowdcast!

I can't imagine running my business without this app - its that good! Plus Erin and the team are fab.

Pros

I love this software because it makes delivering value to my community so easy. I use it for all my webinars, coaching sessions and classes and it makes it very easy for them to get the help they need from me as a service provider. The Q&A function is AMAZING!!!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like to be honest! The replays used to be poor quality, but they've introduced HD quality now and so that's made everything a lot easier.

We were able to get up and running quickly.

It was the first time our organization did a live-streamed training and it was a big success. The customer service was 5 stars!

Pros

Using Crowdcast was very intuitive. We were able to get up and running quickly. As our needs became more sophisticated we were supported to develop our programs more completely.

Cons

At first I was frustrated that we needed to go to an outside provider to handle the payments for the broadcast but this turned out to not be a problem because of the excellent customer service we received. We did receive some complaints from people who did not have a strong enough signal to maintain the broadcast throughout. This problem was on their end but it did keep us from reaching some of our audience.

Great alternative to webinar tools

Pros

Crowdcast is a refreshing change to webinar software as it’s easier to setup and use than most products of a similar type to setup but it’s also great for scheduled live streaming. I particularly like the Q and A feature plus its handy to be able to link to past broadcasts.

Cons

It’s a bit pricey for free lancers like me, but if you use it a lot, it’s with the money.

Well-designed software for hosting highly interactive webinars

I've been using Crowdcast for years. They have continued to come out with new, innovative features without adding bloat to the product. The support has always been top-notch: quick, friendly, clear, and generous. I recommend it to everyone who asks!

Pros

Here are my 4 favorite things about Crowdcast: (1) The registration page, the event page, and the recording page are all at the same URL. (2) Recordings are available almost immediately after the event. (3) It has great interactive capabilities, namely the chat and Q&A functionality. (4) Everything is nicely designed, so it's easy to get up and running.

Cons

In the early days, the recording quality was not good enough, but it has gotten better over time.