eMaint CMMS Logo

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.52/10

Reviews by rating

Customer Support is Outstanding. They truly work to satisfy the customer to the best of their abilities and recommend work around where needed.
Not only has this program fulfilled both of those categories, it has opened up our vision to other ways to improve our plants growth and communication.
The other function I wished eMAINT had would be a way to record multiple readings for performing calibrations that would show percent of error with an automatic pass/fail.
One more week, more wasted time and we were again told they could not deliver on what they had promised.

NB

Nisarg B.

Convenor

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Empowering maintenance excellence

Transcript

Nisarg: My first name is Nisarg. I am working at purchasing clerk for a construction company with a size...

Nisarg thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We truly enjoy hearing success stories from our happy customers.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

eMaint CMMS review

We have started with the basic work control system for our facilities division and are looking to expand to include inventory, fiscal, construction and project management and real estate.

Pros

The system is user friendly, customer service is great to work with when changes are made, updating info, etc., the software can encompass all our needs and expand as we grow to incorporate future needs.

Cons

There were a few glitches with customer service needs as we were switching over from a previous system. These were pointed out and have been corrected.

RG

Rick G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

The best CMMS system I’ve used

eMaint was the best choice for our facility My experience has been outstanding

Pros

Easy to use. Having the ability to design my own work order to track the data that works best for our business

Cons

Charrs in x4 are not very robust looking at move to x5 to solve this problem. There is nothing I dislike about eMaint

AL

Anthony L.

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

so customizable it doesn't work

poor, no one takes the time to help you.

Pros

not much it has been dismal and expensive to set up

Cons

They claim easy of use and we paid for set up services....the reports don't work any time you contact support you get read this article then come back. It should be let us walk you through how to set it up.

Thank you for providing feedback and I'm very sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been what you expected. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible and ensure that your team is set up for success. I have reached out to you through email and will make sure we address all questions or issues to get your account back on track. Thank you again for your honest feedback. I'm confident we can make the necessary adjustments to ensure your success with eMaint. Mark Roland eMaint Customer Success Manager

JD

Jerry D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Emaint Review

Over all i like the system, for the price we pay and being able to keep up with the equipment and parts the way we do you can not do any better.

Pros

Being able to set the system up the way we wanted from the beginning.

Cons

I have never meet anyone from Emaint, I spoke to many over the phone but the one on one has never happen. I feel that my good system I have now would be great if someone was able to watch the way we use the system. Someone that knows the system better then i do would be able to possible find faster and better ways to do things.

AE

Amy E.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Keeps the Flow Going

I really enjoy getting to work in eMaint and smooth out the various wrinkles in the process we use to share/distribute information throughout the maintenance department.

Pros

I am very pleased with the reporting and workflow features, as well as the form customization. This makes it simpler to capture the information and alert users of important system changes.

Cons

I would love to be able to normalize the various tables so it'd be a little easier to control the inputs for fields. I have to set up things through form field validation at the moment. However, I might be missing something!

JD

Jonathan D.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Functional and Useful, But Needs Many Improvements

It's been good in that it's been functional. I wish that eMaint offered personnel that can help the implementation process to gather data from plant equipment manuals on manufacturer recommended maintenance schedules.

Pros

I appreciate the new user interface and it's useful functions

Cons

I least like how inexperienced the customer support team is on certain tasks. For example for a long time certain support staff told me that you couldn't have a field that populates the Asset Description into the PM form. Later a support staff made it happen. Just wish it wouldn't have waited so long.

DS

Daniel S.

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Milwaukee Art Museum review

Prior to eMaint we had a spreadsheet based system which was confusing and hard to implement. Not having to maintain the program on our servers and go through expensive upgrades. Being able to access the program from anywhere with a internet connection.

Pros

Customization of screens, excellent tech support, price point, and that it's cloud based

Cons

Reports are hard and confusing to setup.

TT

Tomoyuki T.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great software

Overall great software. All our team members got accustomed very quickly.

Pros

Very flexible to customize and helpful, quick responding customer support team. We frequently change form and work flow to meet our demand.

Cons

It doesn't matter actually but this software was developed with old programming language.

SC

Steven C.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Positive feedback

Its too early to have a full ROI on the program, but I will say accountability and priorities have have been identified. I look forward to reflecting back on this after a year or six months of usage.

Pros

Emaint did a great job with the setup and implementation. I am now in the stages directly after that stage and am on my own. The help desk is great. Send them a quick message and they reply via chat very quickly and efficiently. I love the dashboards. It allows me a quick glance at the projects and I can make decisions on what is a priority.

Cons

I would allow for alerts like numbers showing up under "Work Order Requests". Sometimes i over look it as its a area where I only go if needed. It wold be nice to have a counter showing I have new requests in. Clean up the Work Order print out. I would want to make a better form.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great CMMS for the money

Pros

Customer support is great. Being able to have the user customize and make changes without requiring additional support and costs from the eMaint. Additional minor configuration changes can be made by eMaint without additional costs.

Cons

The applications has the ability to scan barcodes seamlessly ONLY if you are using Android or IOS. eMaint does not currently support a streamlined barcode scanning function of you are using a windows supported tablet or device making barcode scanning very tedious and complicated. Also, for those who spend some time away from a wireless or cellular connection in the field, would like to see an offline mobile version that syncs when it accesses the next connection at no additional cost. Also, would like to see the "Interactive Plans" table listed as a standard and not have to ask for it for every user.

DR

Donald R.

Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees

eMaint software

My overall experience with eMaint has been very good. There is still much to learn and hopefully much to teach to the eMaint team.

Pros

What I like the most of this software is how much information can be stored within the database. I also like the reporting capabilities.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the customizations of the MX mobile view for technicians. Many software companies are focusing usage based on mobile applications first along with abilities to modify them to fit the technicians needs.

jC

julie C.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Success with EMaint

We moved from an inhouse developed program with similar structure, but no where near the capabilities and flexibility of EMaint, so the integration was smooth for us. We loved having a dedicated implementation specialist who tracked our progress and made suitable suggestions to fit our business style. The online support is key to my day to day operations, especially as we mature with use of the program....

Pros

Program flexibility - we can easily design it to fit our needs, and progress from simple to more complex when we are ready. Program reporting - captures true costs, and future expenses for better planning and budgeting and tracks workload. Ease of use - both administrators and technicians have better scheduling and more efficient workload that is visible and manageable.

Cons

I would appreciate more work instructions for the smaller tasks be documented in a searchable format. For example, when I changed an existing task, I was not aware of the need to "publish" to all assets using the task. In hindsight, it makes sense but not being a computer programmer it did not come to mind. Also, more tutorial on writing reports would be great.

BO

Brian O.

This reviewer only left a rating

We began searching for a CMMS about 2 years ago. We explored our present CCMS system supplier, trying to get it to communicate with our ERP system, but were dissatisfied with the results. I once found myself in a hour-long conference call with our I.T. director, our ERP in-house person, myself, and our Maintenance Supervisor, speaking to our ERP Consultant, to go over the email I sent previously with...

CP

Charlie P.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Multiple implementation in an FDA environment.

Overall, I have Very Happy with eMaint. Our use has continually expanded over the years to include Calibrations, FDA validation, and now multiple site operations..

Pros

The Things I like Most about the Software is it is Dependable and Functional. The software has been running here for 6 years. and it has not had a significant outage during that time. We have validated the software to be FDA compliant, and use it for our calibrations and Maintenance activities. eMaint's functionality is expansive. It is configurable it has options to accommodate physical plant, equipment, and fleet management. KPI Reporting is built into software and eMaint support has always been able to help with any basic setup issues (at no cost). Additionally ,There is 24 hour support for any issues included in the subscription.

Cons

The part of eMaint that was the most challenging for me was the Creation custom reports and sorts. IT seemed a little counter intuitive to me. With that being said the eMaint support team was always more tan accommodating in helping me work out any difficulties.

SN

Stephen N.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

This product actually works.

I'm coming from Bigfoot CMMS and my organization made the switch over to eMaint. eMaint made a data transfer template because enough customers were switching away. I think every user we have has gave two thumbs up on that decision. I've only heard a few times during the transition/development process "oh that's hard-wired into the program, we can't change that" You can change almost anything you want. You want a drop-down menu here instead of freeform type field, done! The load times between pages are actually reasonable. To me it's lightning. Rarely see error messages, too!

Pros

SPEED! Data Dictionary. Almost fully customizable forms. eMaint University provides training right there for end-users. Development/customer support communicated during the hurricane that hit Florida last year. It actually feels like a finished product, and your organization can work with eMaint to tailor it to your needs. Requestors are available to not have logins, submit requests through a website and receive automated emails on progress.

Cons

Every once in a while you encounter bugs (taxing twice on invoices, random stuff), but I'm willing to look past that because the development team seems competent enough to fix all the problems we have had so far. I'm told eMaint licenses/how we are using licenses costs more than Bigfoot, but I haven't seen the invoices to give particulars.

KA

Kimberly A.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

2yr review X4

Pros

Easy to release PMs and create work orders, reporting features, import/export, mass change and interactive plan features

Cons

Wish you could select multiple contacts at once when doing wo assignments. Integrating from EAM was very time consuming. Occasional aserver

SD

Sean D.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good implementation and great support for this product

I have had a good experience. They have done their best to implement a software solution that fits our needs and helped customize some features that help our user base,

Pros

Support is excellent if you have an issue or would like help customizing the software support is only a phone call away. Their support is US based and has years of experience with low turnover.

Cons

SSO is an older standard and needs updated security updated for requestor account.

IT

Ian T.

Machinery, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent choice for CMMS software

So far we are very happy with eMaint. Customer support is excellent. Software delivers what it promises

Pros

Customer Support, Powerful, Options, Flexibility, Software updated on regular basis.

Cons

KPI and Report creation could be a little easier.

MC

Michael C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A solid system with some external functionality that needs to be worked out.

eMaint is a fine system. If you're not looking to use the email-to-ticket functionality and are good with the user model, I think it can really work well for some organizations.

Pros

The product works well if staying inside the application and not trying to insert tickets externally.

Cons

We got this software to centralize building maintenance tickets, that department wanted some functionality in terms of delegating tickets that our in-house system didn't have. However, management wanted the insertion of tickets to not change. eMaint has an option to email tickets (using csv) and these tickets then get inserted into the eMaint system. This worked fine for a time, however, every time the eMaint system was updated on their end, the email functionality failed. We would have to put in a ticket and it would sometimes take days for the issue to be resolved. This went on for at least 6 months before we decided to pull the plug for this specific reason.

MP

Mark P.

Alternative Medicine, 501-1,000 employees

3.5 year user

Overall eMaint works well for us. We use X4, so with multiple sites we have some challenges. Having eMaint has helped with ease of access to information at our finger tips for external auditors, and for internal reports. We use the export data function a lot!

Pros

Very customizable to individual needs, most changes can quickly be done in-house.

Cons

Because of the flexibility, not all of our sites are built the same way (forms for example), so sometimes copying a report for other sites does not work seamlessly.

Hi Mark, We're glad to hear eMaint CMMS is working well for you. Everyone enjoys the flexibility of the system, but there are drawbacks to everything. While we can copy forms for each site, most sites have different needs requiring that flexibility. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything from our team. Sincerely, Mark Roland eMaint Customer Success Manager

LL

Leslie L.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

eMaint CMMS Review

eMaint CMMS provides a user friendly system to administer and manage tasks required to support our food safety program - including scheduling, documenting, and reporting.

Pros

Auto-generated Work Orders are very beneficial in maintaining our PM /Sanitation scheduling. Less frequent PM's tasks are not missed.

Cons

I missed out on the initial setup and so I do not have the background when it comes to revising existing parameters. I would definitely like to invest more time in the eMaint University to upgrade my knowledge and capabilities in eMaint.

KW

Kayla W.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Solid and Dependable

Our overall experience has been nothing short of excellent. Customer care has always been very helpful. Form customization and automated processes has truly made this CMMS worthwhile.

Pros

The granularity and customization with which I can filter for information are great. I can get the full picture of the work that is being done with just a few clicks. The automated processes make us much more efficient and accurate in record keeping.

Cons

There are some features that are difficult to use without training which is offered by Fluke. If you are a large organization this isn't a big deal but as a small business the cost of comprehensive training is outside of budget.

CH

Chris H.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

CMMS Review

I understand I use the most basic functions of this program. Part of that is the lack of time to sit down and really go through every item on the drop screens, looking for the options I need to achieve my objectives. My thought has always been some of this could be streamlined from a programmers standpoint.

Pros

Quick and easy for daily use of producing work orders and PMs.

Cons

The integration and set up seems a bit more clunky than it has to be. Linking up with Excel to produce relevant and in depth spreadsheets takes way more steps to achieve than it should, in my opinion. There has been a lot of trial and error on my part to amass the info I need into an easily read format.

DK

Dennis K.

Packaging and Containers, 501-1,000 employees

Best customer and technical support

What I like the most about eMaint is not only great web-based application but best customer and technical support.

Pros

eMaint is web-based so it can be accessed from anywhere. It is also easy to maintain and add new modules such as Material Requests and Interactive Plans according to our business needs without extra cost.

Cons

We have been using eMaint X4 version for last 3 years and looking forward to upgrading to X5 but it takes longer than I expected for X5 to be fully compatible to all X4 features.

RM

RICK M.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Emaint good and bad

Overall experience is good with Emaint. Support is on que and the system is very simple to use to get the basics down,

Pros

I like the ability to give the Emaint team an operation I would like to use daily and them do everything in their power to make it happen. Good support staff!

Cons

It cannot do everything that I want it to. There are limitations however basic the request.