eMaint Reviews

eMaint

Computerized Maintenance Management Software by Fluke

eMaint

Review Summary

Pros

Huge amount of features that could be helpful. Implementation expert was very helpful and friendly.

Kevin C.

Read the full review
I think this is a good product and I recommend it to others with maintenance responsibilities.

Tom K.

David F.

Read the full review

Cons

I am still fighting with the assessments on the Emaint University. I Fail every time and dont know why.

Hector C.

Read the full review
Lack pharmaceutical component such as limited electronic signature.

Marc C.

Read the full review
The way navigation works where it is not very intuitive. And the lack of a standalone mobile app is kind of disappointing.

Chee Choong S.

eMaint Review

Pros

Easily interchange between searches and able to apply filters and create unique reports

Cons

Some times takes too long to generate the report needed

Experinces both Good & Bad

The implementation was underwhelming. I had to figure out the majority of the form design on my own by watching videos. I didn't have the greatest interactions with our implementation specialist and I was frustrated by the lack of response from our initial customer success manager. I have had good and bad experiences with eMaint support. I have reached out with issues with a number of the forms we use and was told that certain alterations and customizations weren't possible, so I have adapted to do more stuff manually than I had to in our pervious software. The format of the WO print out is bad, especially the checklist section. There was a significant cost difference between our previous software and eMaint and at this point I am not sure if the cost difference is justified.

Pros

The interface is nice and it's easy to navigate. I enjoy eMaint university and all the webinars. I like the ability to alter certain forms. I love the interactive map tool.

Cons

I don't like layout of the WO print out or PO forms. Its very difficult to get help customizing any of these forms. I am unable to print photos with WO unless the are in PDF form. It is very difficult to track component failure. I would like a history of components changed on a machine, but I don't know if this is possible. I wish it was possible to respond to a WO request through eMaint to ask more questions. I also would like a means of editing photos within eMaint.

Must have for Asset Managers

My overall experience has been great. From implementation to going live eMaint was there every step of the way. I work with technical support on a regular basis to get help designing reports. They are very responsive and easy to work with.

Pros

I really like that all functions and reports are available to the user from day one. I don't have to pay extra if I want a special report or feature. It is all there and if it isn't they will help you design it. The customer service is awesome. You can track asset location, repairs, repair cost, and anything else you can think of as an asset manager.

Cons

The fact that it can do so much is a bit overwhelming at first. You really need to go into implementation with a good idea of what you want to get out of the software. eMaint will help you step by step but you are the one driving so you better have a good idea which way you are going.

Very frustrating experience

During the sales process we specified 2 items that we needed. These were items that other companies had said they could offer and we were shown examples of them working. Emaint said they could do the same with no problems, "we have 2 options to do this", I was told. We signed up to Emaint in September 2019. After weeks of prep work and adding data to their templates we began the implementation process....

Pros

Cons

Too many work arounds needed. Too many steps for very simple processes. The whole process fell apart after they could not deliver 2 services we were promised were possible before signing up.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. As for your overall experience with eMaint, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and are looking into this situation further. Although we were quick to confirm that what you were looking for could not be done, we agree that the refund should have dealt with in a more timely manner. While this is a situation that we don't often find ourselves in, we take full responsibility for the delay. We thank you for both your persistence and patience here. Aine Whelan

EMaint the great

eMaint has been able to solve the issues of record history. Been able to go back to old work orders that had been created and read the field notes of what work has been done and the issues that were faced at the time. It further gave clarity in being able to reevaluate current preventative maintenance practices to insure more efficient practices are implemented.

Pros

The most impactful features of eMaint is the ability to create reports to show the data inputted for the different assets. eMaint combines simplicity and complexity into one user friendly style. The additional features made it easy to combine our paper documents into eMaint for excellent record keeping.

Cons

The inability to be granted access as a additional super user to the editing features. It has made it difficult in the way of having to be granted each time to get access to the necessary features of editing of reports and work orders.

eMaint Rated one of the Top CMMS for a Reason

We moved to eMaint when our last CMMS corrupted data and the vendor wouldn't help get it fixed without thousands of dollars of support time. We transitioned to eMaint within just a couple of weeks from first contact to implementation.

Pros

Easy to use and configure. Implementation team is awesome in getting us up and running. Support team is always there, always polite, and always takes care of our questions. Even if I do something to mess something up, they patiently help me correct it. Within just a few weeks new employees become proficient.

Cons

There are some things we would like to see - like the ability to mass delete records, open work orders on multiple assets at once.

First time eMAINT user, nice admin capabilities.

Customer service is fantastic. Software is fairly easy to navigate, add parts, assets, and work orders. Working with the support staff has also allowed me to hide fields in the background that are required for some of my reports.

Pros

Ease of entering data; parts, assets, work orders etc. The reporting structure is very versatile with full customisation reporting available.

Cons

The mobile view is where I'd like to see improvements. This software was implemented at our plant for the use of production and maintenance personal. The lack of customization for what each technician can see is disappointing. It would be nice to be able to alter the columns in mobile view for the mechanics. The other function I wished eMAINT had would be a way to record multiple readings for performing calibrations that would show percent of error with an automatic pass/fail.

Great Experience thus far

Thus far, my experience has been great. My implementation specialists (I had to switch during my implementation period) did their best to fully describe things to me and try to assist in set up. Due to time constraints, I have still not been able to fully get all my information on the system, but when I run into problems, my CSM is quick to help me out. Anytime I have had to call Support, they have taken care of my issue the same day (if not within the hour) - The support is invaluable!

Pros

That the basic software covers a lot of my needs, but is also customizable to my needs that are not already built in.

Cons

I get intimated by some of the steps it takes to manage the forms.

Great software

Overall great software. All our team members got accustomed very quickly.

Pros

Very flexible to customize and helpful, quick responding customer support team. We frequently change form and work flow to meet our demand.

Cons

It doesn't matter actually but this software was developed with old programming language.

Great CMMS for the money

Pros

Customer support is great. Being able to have the user customize and make changes without requiring additional support and costs from the eMaint. Additional minor configuration changes can be made by eMaint without additional costs.

Cons

The applications has the ability to scan barcodes seamlessly ONLY if you are using Android or IOS. eMaint does not currently support a streamlined barcode scanning function of you are using a windows supported tablet or device making barcode scanning very tedious and complicated. Also, for those who spend some time away from a wireless or cellular connection in the field, would like to see an offline mobile version that syncs when it accesses the next connection at no additional cost. Also, would like to see the "Interactive Plans" table listed as a standard and not have to ask for it for every user.

Success with EMaint

We moved from an inhouse developed program with similar structure, but no where near the capabilities and flexibility of EMaint, so the integration was smooth for us. We loved having a dedicated implementation specialist who tracked our progress and made suitable suggestions to fit our business style. The online support is key to my day to day operations, especially as we mature with use of the program....

Pros

Program flexibility - we can easily design it to fit our needs, and progress from simple to more complex when we are ready. Program reporting - captures true costs, and future expenses for better planning and budgeting and tracks workload. Ease of use - both administrators and technicians have better scheduling and more efficient workload that is visible and manageable.

Cons

I would appreciate more work instructions for the smaller tasks be documented in a searchable format. For example, when I changed an existing task, I was not aware of the need to "publish" to all assets using the task. In hindsight, it makes sense but not being a computer programmer it did not come to mind. Also, more tutorial on writing reports would be great.

Maintenance software for Absolute Energy

We have had our ups and downs, the group has always been good to work with but limited time on set up and implementation limited what we were able to accomplish, so this work continues. The team has been great.

Pros

The flexibility to tailor the system to our work flows. Ease of use. Ability to use the software from an advantage as maintenance. Many options and eMaint staff understand maintenance!

Cons

With all the options it is difficult to follow through the setup, Work flows may help stream line this process? Many of the eMaint personnel have better ideas and experience that we did not know going into the process of migrating from another system. This changed are procedures for the better but a lot of group brainstorming has been needed to specify our needs.

Emaint CMMS review

The commitment to a thorough and conscientious data input is key. The more effort put into that, the more you'll get out of it later. We are a fast growing company, so this process is ongoing. Because of our growth, we are moving equipment and re-setting up cells and department. To have all the information on each asset readily available makes those moves so much easier to plan for . It is also essential for planning annual budgets. to see what it cost to operate individual assets in the past makes it easy to plan on when we might want to replace them. The flexibility of eMaint has been a great tool for us.

Pros

As an administrator I appreciate the flexibility with customizing the program to my needs and the ability to continue making changes and tweeks as our needs change. We have been using eMaint for 10 plus years know and the ability and depth that we can review our assets is just wonderful. You can even see our learning curve as to what data is important and relevant has changed over time. Garbage in Garbage is still relevant, so you should spend a lot of time understanding what you want to get out of any CMMS program so you know what you want to capture. Thoroughly entering all data about each asset pay reward later also. Voltages, amperage, location, Motor nameplates as well as spare parts is all a big part of set up and take a fair amount of time, but pay dividends down the road.

Cons

It is disappointing that eMaint cannot be integrated with our Infor XA program. Company purchases go through one program and do not update eMaint the way it could unless everything is re-entered a second time. Who has time or resources for that? Consequently our spare parts program does not run as smoothly as we would like.

Best CMMS System Bar None

I have done two implementations with eMaint at two different companies and several other implemenations in my 36 years previous past experience. eMaint is by far the best product and team that i have ever worked with and I look forward to continue this relationship until I retire!

Pros

eMaint is flexible and easy to use, it reporting and workflow function make it extremely valuable in make the data gathered accessible and actionable. This along with the fluke connectivity make it the most user friendly and powerful maintenance tool in the box ! I have been in Maintenance for 36 years and this is the best system i have ever used, customer service is the best out there and the team is awesome!

Cons

Sometimes the the system does get a bit confusing going between tasks but the team has been working out these bugs.

Great CMMS Program with many use cases

Pros

The software comes "out of the box" ready to use on a base level. Customization of fields, forms, and functionality (through workflows and other means) is very simple and the customer support team is always there to help you implement your ideas and goals; outstanding team honestly. The system really excels in helping you track your assets and inventory in a very clean and organized way.

Cons

I have found that even though there is a LOT that can be done in the system to make it work for your specific application, there have been a few limitations in areas that I would have thought would be better. We are on X4 and its still based on their X3 system and certain parts put you back into X3 mode and it can be a little confusing at times, like in the pending POs section, and other parts of the...

This reviewer only left a rating

Cardinal CG, Buford Georgia is one of 28 Cardinal Glass facilities manufacturing residential glass products. Upon my joining the Buford plant, the company had not made a profit in five years. The company lacked organization and was not producing product in an efficient manner. Our facility is unique to the other Cardinal plants, because we have two separate manufacturing processes running as separate...

This reviewer only left a rating

We began searching for a CMMS about 2 years ago. We explored our present CCMS system supplier, trying to get it to communicate with our ERP system, but were dissatisfied with the results. I once found myself in a hour-long conference call with our I.T. director, our ERP in-house person, myself, and our Maintenance Supervisor, speaking to our ERP Consultant, to go over the email I sent previously with...

Customized

The various options for service or help are great. The messaging option is quick and even phone calls are received or return in a very fashionable time. They want the customer to get the best product for their needs.

Pros

The software allows for easy customization to your needs. eMaint's team of professionals will help you get the product functionality that you desire. The software is adjustable by the property's administrator and does not always need eMaints help. The ease of making tweaks and adjustments allows great adaptability to situations that arise.

Cons

The initial cost and set up was hard to serve to upper management. The overall options for customization can be overwhelming.

Great out of-the-box solution to CMMS

Great overall experience from my past year and a half using the system, working with multiple CMMS, attending multiple in person training, and using their online training tools. I am always recommending eMaint to anyone that i think could benefit from a system of this caliber.

Pros

The software has all the basic features and functionalities that you need for a great CMMS program, that is adaptable and customization for many industries and demands. There is more in the system than i think most customers even take advantage of, but the customer support team has always been there to help brainstorm ideas and best practices for implementing the system to deliver what you need.

Cons

There are certain scenarios that the system can act a little glitchy at times in regards to the reports and report output into HTML/excel that can be frustrating, in terms of formatting not being adjustable and other quirks that you just have to accept. For example the excel reports only export as an excel 2003 doc, i mean come on that is sooo outdated, and then on top of that all the columns are tiny,...

A CMMS that is designed for Maintenance Teams!

We meet all requirement and even started creating training videos in PowerPoint and then embed them in out dashboard for all to view, we can even track who reviews these videos!

Pros

eMaint is the most versatile maintenance software I have used! I have been in Maintenance for 40+ years, and eMaint CMMS is great! Work Order management where the Trades and Crafts people document their labor hours, parts used, repair comments, track MTBF, MTTR, and safety tracking! This also includes a inventory parts, document storage, easy to write work request and work orders to be directed to the correct Trade group as needed. I also can tell you that our Auditors rated this process as "Best in Class" !! Meets all requirements plus some!

Cons

At this time, I can think of one issue that needed resolved!

Excellent

My overall experience with emaint has been great. This software is very helpful with our Regulatory and Compliance PMs as well as with our asset management. It is really user friendly and configurable. It has helped our Company.

Pros

I like that you can configure the system to what you need.

Cons

The scheduler ease of use is not what we expected.

eMaint for daily tracking

Our overall experience with eMaint has been that it is easy to set up and very expandable to keep track of everything maintenance related.

Pros

We started using eMaint several years ago and the set up and integration went smoothly. Once our assets were in the system it was simple to establish PM's and condition inspections. We now use the software to plan, schedule and track all our PM's. These results generate corrective WO's along with department request for corrective or Emergency WO's. Safety also uses the system to track the inspection...

Cons

I wish they had a phone app to make information accessible in the field. The only way to retrieve or enter information is on a computer. We are trying to capture more BOM and part info in the field to expand our use of the system.

This product actually works.

I'm coming from Bigfoot CMMS and my organization made the switch over to eMaint. eMaint made a data transfer template because enough customers were switching away. I think every user we have has gave two thumbs up on that decision. I've only heard a few times during the transition/development process "oh that's hard-wired into the program, we can't change that" You can change almost anything you want. You want a drop-down menu here instead of freeform type field, done! The load times between pages are actually reasonable. To me it's lightning. Rarely see error messages, too!

Pros

SPEED! Data Dictionary. Almost fully customizable forms. eMaint University provides training right there for end-users. Development/customer support communicated during the hurricane that hit Florida last year. It actually feels like a finished product, and your organization can work with eMaint to tailor it to your needs. Requestors are available to not have logins, submit requests through a website and receive automated emails on progress.

Cons

Every once in a while you encounter bugs (taxing twice on invoices, random stuff), but I'm willing to look past that because the development team seems competent enough to fix all the problems we have had so far. I'm told eMaint licenses/how we are using licenses costs more than Bigfoot, but I haven't seen the invoices to give particulars.

This program only makes my life easier.

Overall, I am very pleased with our eMaint experience thus far. I wasn't around when the program got implemented some 4 years ago. We have done alot to smooth it out since then. Most issues were self inflected, but they have all been very easy to correct and repair.

Pros

We lacked having a system of organization and record keeping. Not only has this program fulfilled both of those categories, it has opened up our vision to other ways to improve our plants growth and communication. This is the only CMMS system I have used but am very happy with the amount of work it has taken off of my plate.

Cons

I am often told by eMaint team members how flexible and easy things came adaptive or implemented. However, it seems like more and more the issues I have needed to fix don't really have cut and dry issues. This program does the basic and most of the intermediate issues very easily. However the more complex issues have yet to be resolved.

Milwaukee Art Museum review

Prior to eMaint we had a spreadsheet based system which was confusing and hard to implement. Not having to maintain the program on our servers and go through expensive upgrades. Being able to access the program from anywhere with a internet connection.

Pros

Customization of screens, excellent tech support, price point, and that it's cloud based

Cons

Reports are hard and confusing to setup.