eMaint CMMS Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The customer service is awesome. You can track asset location, repairs, repair cost, and anything else you can think of as an asset manager.
Customer Support is Outstanding. They truly work to satisfy the customer to the best of their abilities and recommend work around where needed.
We loved having a dedicated implementation specialist who tracked our progress and made suitable suggestions to fit our business style.
The other function I wished eMAINT had would be a way to record multiple readings for performing calibrations that would show percent of error with an automatic pass/fail.
There are some features that are difficult to use without training which is offered by Fluke.
One more week, more wasted time and we were again told they could not deliver on what they had promised.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Emaint Review

Pros

Very feature rich. A ton of customization to fit your business needs. Excellent customer service and online training classes are the best I've seen. Can use csv files to implement a large amount of data at once.

Cons

Customization has a stiff learning curve and can be costly to implement

AE

Amy E.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Keeps the Flow Going

I really enjoy getting to work in eMaint and smooth out the various wrinkles in the process we use to share/distribute information throughout the maintenance department.

Pros

I am very pleased with the reporting and workflow features, as well as the form customization. This makes it simpler to capture the information and alert users of important system changes.

Cons

I would love to be able to normalize the various tables so it'd be a little easier to control the inputs for fields. I have to set up things through form field validation at the moment. However, I might be missing something!

AL

Anthony L.

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

so customizable it doesn't work

poor, no one takes the time to help you.

Pros

not much it has been dismal and expensive to set up

Cons

They claim easy of use and we paid for set up services....the reports don't work any time you contact support you get read this article then come back. It should be let us walk you through how to set it up.

Thank you for providing feedback and I'm very sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been what you expected. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible and ensure that your team is set up for success. I have reached out to you through email and will make sure we address all questions or issues to get your account back on track. Thank you again for your honest feedback. I'm confident we can make the necessary adjustments to ensure your success with eMaint. Mark Roland eMaint Customer Success Manager

DS

Daniel S.

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Milwaukee Art Museum review

Prior to eMaint we had a spreadsheet based system which was confusing and hard to implement. Not having to maintain the program on our servers and go through expensive upgrades. Being able to access the program from anywhere with a internet connection.

Pros

Customization of screens, excellent tech support, price point, and that it's cloud based

Cons

Reports are hard and confusing to setup.

TT

Tomoyuki T.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great software

Overall great software. All our team members got accustomed very quickly.

Pros

Very flexible to customize and helpful, quick responding customer support team. We frequently change form and work flow to meet our demand.

Cons

It doesn't matter actually but this software was developed with old programming language.

DR

Donald R.

Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees

eMaint software

My overall experience with eMaint has been very good. There is still much to learn and hopefully much to teach to the eMaint team.

Pros

What I like the most of this software is how much information can be stored within the database. I also like the reporting capabilities.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the customizations of the MX mobile view for technicians. Many software companies are focusing usage based on mobile applications first along with abilities to modify them to fit the technicians needs.

JL

Joe L.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Best CMMS Software by far

I've worked on MAXIMO software and I thought this was the best then I started using E-maint when I got hired with a new company and I was very impressed.

Pros

the ease of getting around the system. the way it's put together.

Cons

no Cons so far I haven't had any bad experience using the software.

JD

Jonathan D.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Functional and Useful, But Needs Many Improvements

It's been good in that it's been functional. I wish that eMaint offered personnel that can help the implementation process to gather data from plant equipment manuals on manufacturer recommended maintenance schedules.

Pros

I appreciate the new user interface and it's useful functions

Cons

I least like how inexperienced the customer support team is on certain tasks. For example for a long time certain support staff told me that you couldn't have a field that populates the Asset Description into the PM form. Later a support staff made it happen. Just wish it wouldn't have waited so long.

KK

Ken K.

Aviation & Aerospace, 1,001-5,000 employees

Emaint CMMS review

The commitment to a thorough and conscientious data input is key. The more effort put into that, the more you'll get out of it later. We are a fast growing company, so this process is ongoing. Because of our growth, we are moving equipment and re-setting up cells and department. To have all the information on each asset readily available makes those moves so much easier to plan for . It is also essential for planning annual budgets. to see what it cost to operate individual assets in the past makes it easy to plan on when we might want to replace them. The flexibility of eMaint has been a great tool for us.

Pros

As an administrator I appreciate the flexibility with customizing the program to my needs and the ability to continue making changes and tweeks as our needs change. We have been using eMaint for 10 plus years know and the ability and depth that we can review our assets is just wonderful. You can even see our learning curve as to what data is important and relevant has changed over time. Garbage in Garbage is still relevant, so you should spend a lot of time understanding what you want to get out of any CMMS program so you know what you want to capture. Thoroughly entering all data about each asset pay reward later also. Voltages, amperage, location, Motor nameplates as well as spare parts is all a big part of set up and take a fair amount of time, but pay dividends down the road.

Cons

It is disappointing that eMaint cannot be integrated with our Infor XA program. Company purchases go through one program and do not update eMaint the way it could unless everything is re-entered a second time. Who has time or resources for that? Consequently our spare parts program does not run as smoothly as we would like.

Chris R.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Completely Customizable

We are currently in the process of integrating the system with MS Dynamix, its a challenge but I have no doubt that eMaint will come through

Pros

The ability to customize this software is amazing, you can set it up however you want it to look. It can be set up to accomplish whatever you need it to do. Great product

Cons

Implementation took a little longer than desired, that may have been on our users not really wanting to try something new.

BO

Brian O.

This reviewer only left a rating

We began searching for a CMMS about 2 years ago. We explored our present CCMS system supplier, trying to get it to communicate with our ERP system, but were dissatisfied with the results. I once found myself in a hour-long conference call with our I.T. director, our ERP in-house person, myself, and our Maintenance Supervisor, speaking to our ERP Consultant, to go over the email I sent previously with...

CP

Charlie P.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Multiple implementation in an FDA environment.

Overall, I have Very Happy with eMaint. Our use has continually expanded over the years to include Calibrations, FDA validation, and now multiple site operations..

Pros

The Things I like Most about the Software is it is Dependable and Functional. The software has been running here for 6 years. and it has not had a significant outage during that time. We have validated the software to be FDA compliant, and use it for our calibrations and Maintenance activities. eMaint's functionality is expansive. It is configurable it has options to accommodate physical plant, equipment, and fleet management. KPI Reporting is built into software and eMaint support has always been able to help with any basic setup issues (at no cost). Additionally ,There is 24 hour support for any issues included in the subscription.

Cons

The part of eMaint that was the most challenging for me was the Creation custom reports and sorts. IT seemed a little counter intuitive to me. With that being said the eMaint support team was always more tan accommodating in helping me work out any difficulties.

PC

Paul C.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

eMaint for daily tracking

Our overall experience with eMaint has been that it is easy to set up and very expandable to keep track of everything maintenance related.

Pros

We started using eMaint several years ago and the set up and integration went smoothly. Once our assets were in the system it was simple to establish PM's and condition inspections. We now use the software to plan, schedule and track all our PM's. These results generate corrective WO's along with department request for corrective or Emergency WO's. Safety also uses the system to track the inspection...

Cons

I wish they had a phone app to make information accessible in the field. The only way to retrieve or enter information is on a computer. We are trying to capture more BOM and part info in the field to expand our use of the system.

DM

Dean M.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

E-Maint X4 is a complete CMMS package.

Inventory management has reduced on hand levels and value. Work order history tied to the asset has shown trends to modify PM schedules to further reduce costs and in turn less breakdowns. Very satisfied with the support team to resolve issues as they arise.

Pros

PM auto generation, report building, asset data and history, inventory management, purchasing, work orders, interface with external sensors and user management are some of the features that work very well. Tables and most forms can be modified as needed to fit org. needs, required fields, auto populated fields, e-mail links all can be done at local admin. Can create workflows to automatically fill in data. Reports are customizable for all tables that you have permissions for. Tech support and a dedicated CMS are great. Versatility, costs, support and the application fit our needs.

Cons

Exports and reports are tied to older office versions, uses .xls rather then .xlsx. Requisitions are still on the X3 platform. Can only interface e-maint data out by reports (cannot directly feed an ERP system for processing payments)

MS

Michael S.

Paper & Forest Products, 1-10 employees

Never stop the Customer requested and Software enhancements/evolution. "Keep Evolving"

Service and Prevetitive Maintenance

Pros

Smart design. Made for the Serice guy and Manager. Somewhat easy to use. Details and options are more than can be educated to use. School has not been an option. Too much expense. Tutorials are not clear or benificial to me as I am a student of "In Person and "Hands On" Learning.

Cons

Choice of Browser Sensitive. I would like to see on my Asset Table live/ AI interaction and updates as to the Status or Fleet Rediness of my Units. "In Work, Awaiting Maintenance, Awaiting Parts, Awaiting Quote Approval, Technician Clock in/ off progress in relation to Unit available for Operation. In Short much like an Old 3M VIDS/MAF System once used by Military Aircraft Maintenance to insure the Rediness of the Fleet, buy wit AI, and Electronic Display.

sw

stephen w.

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Everything you will ever need

E-Maintenance has been a tremendous help in identifying equipment that is having the same issues that need to be addressed again and again. We now have a preventive maintenance program that helps us avoid unplanned down time.

Pros

E-Maintenance is a one stop shop. It has everything we need and so much more. I was amazed at how flexible and customizable the software is. They helped us customize several things to better fit with our companies needs. At first we were only using it to track assets, downtime, and labor cost. Now we are implementing parts and inventory control.

Cons

The reports are very powerful but they are very complicated to design. Thankfully there is always help just a phone call away.

RG

Rick G.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Not sure what you are loking for in the title.

Booked Labor: This KPI allow me to track my labor charges sorted by WO type. Our goal is 80% Corrective and 20% Reactive booked labor with an 85% labor efficiently. My reactive booked labor normally is directly related asset efficiently and DT. Grouped and sorted by asset tells me what assets need to be focused on Reported Hours: This KPI allows me to track wrench time. One way we use this is to get a base line for the time it takes to perform scheduled tasks so we can have an accurate forecasted scheduled repair time, for future repairs. Down Time/Failure codes: This KPI Failure codes Allows me to identify issues down to the composite level so we can perform a root cause analysis to determine where we have opportunity for improvement.

Pros

What I like most about the software id how easy it is to add change and design the fields to meet my matrix needs

Cons

I can not think of any I do not like about the software

RE

Robert E.

This reviewer only left a rating

I'm the maintenance manager of a small/mid-sized manufacturing facility (60K sq. ft.). I recently led the purchase of eMaint X3's CMMS to improve the efficiency of my department; and would highly recommend it for companies looking for a highly functional and customizable CMMS, at a manageable cost. As a company, we were experiencing one of the most challenging growth-periods a company faces in its...

WH

William H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

eMaint CMMS

We are now tracking inventory, repairs, and maintenance hours.

Pros

Customer support Easy to customize to your company's needs

Cons

Don't have anything negative to say. This is a well thought out CMMS.

JS

James S.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

eMaint CMMS Review

Pros

The best functionality of eMaint is its flexibility and customization. I've been able to tailor it so that is suits our departments activities, responsibilities, and operations. That customization is a major function of the superior customer service at eMaint, starting but certainly not ending with the rep. She is responsive, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with.

Cons

We use the scheduler module each and every week, there could be so much more done with it to enhance its ease of use.

CT

Corey T.

Paper & Forest Products, 201-500 employees

Asset Managment

I use emaint on a daily bases and have moved most of our planning over to it. It has its short comings but it is a nice tool.

Pros

Emaint turned out to be very easy to get started. Made a few excel lists with all our assets, people and emails and we were off and running. It would be nice if parts tracking was as easy.

Cons

Inventory tracking is not as easy and purchase requisitions requires multiple advance degrees.

OA

Oswaldo A.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Maintenance and Equipment Management

Is an easy software to understand. Basically, It helps the Company to centralize all the information of the main assets, contacts, inventory items and register the maintenance based on Work Orders. Helps to plan the Preventive Maintenance, File documents of the assets as Catalog, Manuals,Drawings, and paperwork associated to each one. The report system helps to get the information when desired and is reasonable customized.

Pros

Asset registration and Maintenance record

Cons

The purchases orders and their accountability process on finance books is very limited, another system for financial purposes is needed.

AH

Amanda H.

201-500 employees

Incredibly Flexible CMMS Provider!

We have implemented eMaint for fleet maintenance and then expanded the setup to include some compliance and purchasing options. While the base design is geared towards building and facility maintenance, it was very flexible, so adapting forms, adding tables, and building new data relationships was very quick. We also utilize some of their automation functions, such as workflows, triggered emails, and API calls to access/update data. The customer service team is absolutely awesome - whether by phone or by chat, they are very knowledgeable and nearly always able to correct the issue within minutes. Any escalation comes with constant communication and indepth calls to make sure the problem is fixed the first time. We really could not be happier with this solution!

Pros

Flexible solution, Great Customer Service, SaaS solution (web-based)

Cons

Limited Mobile Functionality - the newer interface is great for desktop or large tablet setups, but it does not render well on smaller or older tablet devices. The mobile-only interface lacks full site features that we rely on. Not a deal-breaker, but needs improvement.

CJ

CHRISTINA J.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

EMAINT REVIEW

The benefits are that it is easier to look up the maintenance on the machinery. Able to track and graph the work a little better.

Pros

It seemed a lot easier than the last software we had. Also like the reports and that they can be graphed easily.

Cons

I believe the thing I like the least is the amount of characters for part numbers and asset numbers. some manufacturers have very long part numbers and many are very similar. That makes it a little difficult to put into EMAINT.

JV

John V.

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

Calspan eMaint Review

Over its a very good system. Some flaws that need to be corrected in the higher level portions.

Pros

Layout is easy to navigate for main features. PM's are relatively simple to setup and use.

Cons

Some items are very difficult to find. Correcting problems is also a problem.