Squarespace Reviews

4.6/5 (672 reviews)

Best option for Small Businesses that aren't IT savvy

Reviewed 2018-10-19

If you are a small business or a startup trying to get a professional web presence, or an existing company with a horrible website, don't believe the limitations of a decade ago and "pro" web developers and companies that create websites for you for a large sum of money with continuing maintenance costs. Website development sites like Squarespace allow for any moderately computer literate individual to create amazing looking professional websites and professional emails with little hassle. You don't need an IT department or a website developer, and honestly, your site will look better than many I've had created by corporate webdevs. The trick is that sites like Squarespace use templates that you choose and customize with your own content. The con is, while there are tons of options in templates, what you see is what you get and you can really only customize content and minor aesthetics like font, pages, color schemes, pictures, etc. However, the templates are gorgeous and modern designed sites that will make your website look cutting edge. I've used several competitors, and while Wix is probably my next favorite due to customization, Squarespace is leagues better than any other site developer I've used, including Weebly, Wordpress, GoDaddy, Wix, etc. It is just so simple and the templates, while probably the least customization, are the prettiest ones available that add a professional touch you can't replicate in something like Wix. No IT, no problem. Ease of use is unparalleled. Templates are aesthetically unmatched by competitors- it's not even close. The ability to switch between templates whenever you want is amazing. Very professional feel to website with seamless G Suite integration. Cost is very competitive. Mobile optimized websites are lightyears beyond GoDaddy and Wix.

Dave Von Bieker

Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely.

Reviewed 2018-09-07

I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price. Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Virginia Brooks

The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-07-26

There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses. Pros Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times. Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress. Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It’s their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control. In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.

Gabe McGinnis

An high quality web solution for non-technical people who need create and manage a website

Reviewed 2018-02-20

This product helped me launch my web storefront quickly and easily. It was truly a pleasure using this solution for my personal business.- Beautiful templates. Initially they offered relatively few templates compared to other website providers, however, all of their templates were very polished. Since their early days, they have plenty of templates to get you go quickly for almost any look you are going for. - The page editor is very easy to start using and experiment and becoming productive. - Product management: Product management is great in how you can manage dimensions, price, inventory, etc. When you make sales, it decreases the inventory accordingly (quite a nice little feature). The dimensions you input for your products works hand-in-hand with shipping options you offer with your storefront. HUGE benefit here for making sure the products you offer and are puchased will fit in the right boxes your customers purchased. I cannot emphasize how awesome this is. -Sales reports and analysis tools: This is so nice to track your monthly/annual sales and correlate them to your promotional and marketing efforts.

Dakota Donnelly

Absolutely the best website building platform for small businesses!

Reviewed 2018-06-19

Choosing Squarespace to build my website for my business is the reason I'm able to continue growing my small establishment. Since I'm able to use the analytics and connect further with Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, I'm able to properly target my correct audiences and monitor their traffic accordingly. I'm able to test what works best for my company, and quickly modify anything that isn't working. Squarespace is one of the software's that I accredit my success to.For the minimal price that you pay, you get an incredible amount of features. There is practically an infinite amount of uses, especially if you have even the most basic understanding of CSS, which you can apply to every template. You can easily connect all of your social media, upload pictures, easily migrate content to new pages and templates, the list goes on. If you get stuck on something, the company has page after page of help guides, and since Squarespace is so popular and has been around for awhile, there is even more information and troubleshooting from actual users. The built in analytics are so easy to understand, and all of the necessary information is right there. You can easily connect API's, email servers, etc right on your account. Using the page builder is so easy. From rearranging content, to fully customizing the text and format-there really isn't anything you can't do with your website with this software.

Scott Entwistle

A little more expensive than some other options, but very much worth the simplicity

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-07

I got a beautiful website setup fast. It looks great, operates well, and never requires any updating or maintenance from me. The best part of this software is the simplicity of it. I have tried to dabble in WordPress and setting up more revenue driven websites, and it just gets too complicated for me. I don't want to be hosting and updating my own versions of the backend, or worrying how a certain plugin will interface with anything. Squarespace is fantastic for this because it's just dead simple, and does pretty much anything you want it to. It doesn't have more powerful features than hosting your own site through WordPress, but it will get you 90% of the way there and that's certainly what matters for most people out there. The support is fantastic as well. Their software is generally very straight forward and can be figured out with a few quick searches, but the few times I didn't know what to do they were there for me and walked me through literally step by step on how to do anything. I consider a good amount of my monthly fee to them to be going towards the piece of mind knowing someone else is out there managing everything about the backend for me, and can give me advice whenever I need it.

Stacy Govender

Squarespace review

Reviewed 2018-08-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Squarespace is easy to use and easy to connect DNS settings, It generally takes 24 hours for a site to go live after the DNS settings have been connected. The templates are beautiful, you can choose anyone and upgrade to either personal or business, I suggest business. The trial is 14 days but that is usually enough time to create a site since you are usually just replacing images and text. Squarespace is amazing if you are not familiar with code, it has a drop-and-drag function and many visually appealing functions, You can also add additional things like promotional popups (which is your subscriber block that pops up when you open a site), Facebook pixel, google analytics, connect MailChimp to collect a database and ad words. With Squarespace your images won't be converted to low res, you can also add videos but these videos have to be connected via a third party such as youtube or a video service. The best thing about Squarespace is their customer service, their live chats. These experts help you with your issue and if they can't help you with the solution you were hoping for, they suggest alternative methods. SEO is amazing.

Jared Leckie

Out of all the website hosts I have found Squarespace to have the best templates and interface.

Reviewed 2018-07-04

A clean professional looking website with easy to modify templates. I've also never had my site go offline or become 'slow-loading' when trying to view. Server issues are virtually non-existent and that's important with a business website.The templates are number 1 for what I like most about Squarespace. They are professionally designed in a way that is highly customizable and very clean looking. You can have a great looking website quickly and with customization you can make it look original. I started using Squarespace over 4 years ago and still haven't come across a better website builder and host. The interface for adding content is a more accurate WYSIWYG(what you see if what you get) management system. Anybody can signup with Squarespace and adjust a template of their choice quickly and aesthetically with the admin interface. There is also advanced options for adding in your own code when needed. I've tried many hosts in the pasts and usually website builders are riddled with issues in spacing, formatting and errors - squarespace just doesn't have this...and for that reason it's a pleasure to use.

DIY Website Tool is a Good Option for Most Web Design Needs

Reviewed 2018-07-13

While there may be some free options out there that boast the same feature and options in website building as Squarespace, they simply don't measure up. This is a great option for an individual building out their own brand, or a small business entering a new industry, and trying to carve out their niche. The pricing options certainly aren't cheap, but manageable for a variety of budgets. As with most website building options, the larger the site you're looking to build, the more you're going to spend. The ease of use is really what sets Squarespace apart from most other solutions. You can feel comfortable recommending this software to a wide range of skill and experience levels.

Andrew Hoffman

Favorite turn-key web platform I've ever used.

Reviewed 2018-02-08

I recommend this product all the time to other small nonprofits and anyone trying to launch a creative idea because of it's immediacy, ease of use, professional abilities, and cost. So many features packed into an affordable website solution pack. This is such a powerful website creation platform that anyone can use, regardless of your industry or business size. Plus, it's beautiful, easy to navigate, packed with all the right features you need (page navigation, embedded features, analytics, e-commerce, etc..). Plus, it's extremely cheap given the alternative of custom building a website, hiring a graphic designer, and then waiting for all that to be done. Can't say enough about how impressed I am with this platform.

Gabriel Maxwell

Wonderful Tool & Easy especially for beginners!

Reviewed 2018-07-05

Squarespace is a really great product because it allows you to build on top of beautiful, professional designs, but you can also tweak it enough if you have the skills, to be completely unique without doing a lot of extra back-end work. If you don't know how to code but you want to have a lot of control over the way your site works and looks, it is absolutely perfect. I love Squarespace because of the very clean and simple layouts you can use, the ease with which you can edit and also the customer service is quote good. Any time I have had a problem, the customer service has been 9/10 helpful and when it wasn't, I ended up being able to solve my own problems after a bit of poking around.

Michael Maurer

The best all-inclusive website designer

Reviewed 2018-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

As a wedding photographer, my website is many times the first point of access for potential clients. Squarespace has helped me, extremely easily, build a fully-customisable site to showcase my work, keeping my photography front and centre. There are dozens of templates to choose from, and the page builder is made in a way that even someone that isn't too tech savvy would be able to make their website from scratch. Their customer support team replies to queries within a few hours, and their pricing is very reasonable.

Chris Thalmann

We migrated to Squarespace for our web host almost a year ago and could not be happier!

Reviewed 2018-02-04

Our business is centered around getting people outside, enjoying their time on the water and hopefully helping them to learn some interesting stuff along the way. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our customers and anticipating what they'll need or ask for while onboard. So when we were shopping around for a new web host, it was actually fun to find out that Squarespace takes the same approach. Even better was discovering how easy Squarespace is to use. Look, we're outdoorsy boat and water and nature and wildlife people, not coders. Squarespace makes it easy for us to tell customers our story. Super easy to include photos, video clips and imagery. Quick and reliable integrations with online booking, payment systems and social media. Could not be happier!

Anonymous

I created a Squarespace site for a side project nonprofit business and was surprised by the features

Reviewed 2018-05-08

I was somewhat of an amateur to building a website when I decided to go with Squarespace. It is not idiot-proof by any means, but I was definitely able to make a nice, clean site pretty much on my own. Squarespace has so many features that most small to medium sized businesses could do whatever they need with it at little cost.I went in with low expectations because I am used to working with a few different CMS's (Kentico, WordPress) and was assuming I wouldn't be able to do much with SquareSpace because of it's low price, which was ok because I only planned on having a few pages anyway. I was surprised that I could easily build in a Contact Form, eCommerce for Donations, and an Event Calendar. It didn't take me long to get up and running, and was also pleasantly surprised how easy it was to add what I wanted to the CSS to make some changes from the initial template. For the price, you get a clean, modern and responsive website. I honestly don't know why more small mom and pop type stores make the very small investment to have a site that is far superior to many other of the cheap options.

Mo Cusato

SquareSpace allowed me to take my website to the next level

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Overall, SquareSpace has been a tremendous asset to grow my business and have a nicely designed website that works and handles traffic well. Squarespace is easy to use and the design options give me the flexibility to tailor my website easily. It's so easy to use, and no drag and drop here - you simply add blocks from a small pop up menu and then you can move them around on the page. The blog pages are awesome - simple, cleanly designed and easy to add a post. The "duplicate" feature for blog and web pages makes it so much faster for me to add what I need in very little time. And the price is perfect!

Anonymous

Squarespace has made my life significantly easier with their editor

Reviewed 2018-03-08

SquareSpace has saved me a seemingly infinite amount of time and effort. The editor is perfect and allows you to throw together a website in minutes if needed. If you have more time you can really create a beautiful website with no knowledge of code.Ease of use!!! I can repeat this all day when talking about Squarespace. I have used EVERY competitor out there and nothing comes close. The editor is easy to use for anyone, even if you have no experience with code. I'm good with HTML/CSS but still prefer to use their interface. I have to create quick websites all the time and have experimented with every brand, Squarespace wins.

Matt Decker

Easy website builder allows us to create trendy, mobile friendly, websites in little time.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

We build websites for each of our ministry events to get the message out. Squarespace allows us to quickly build a website and get information in peoples hands without having to hire a web development company.The trendy templates make website building a breeze. Prior to finding Squarespace, we spent thousands of dollars rebuilding our office website. When we found out that the development company was going to charge us a monthly fee to host the site, we decided to rebuild the website on our own and host it ourselves. I mirrored the custom website using a Squarespace template in less than 4 hours. So easy. What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) builder makes creating a website super easy. There are lots of advanced options, but the essential actions are front and center. You can drop in html if you are an advance user Or just use the templates. We can house more than one website in the same account. Built in analytics allows us to see what pages are viewed the most. Allows password protected pages as an option. Graphic friendly.

Jonathan Randazzo

Squarespace is Simply the Best

Reviewed 2018-08-16

Squarespace allowed me to create an easy to navigate portfolio site for my creative work, ready to view for both desktop computers and mobile devices. It was incredibly easy and worth the time and money.Squarespace has been the easiest website creation and hosting provider I've ever used. Compared to the several I had tried before, the utility and intuitiveness of Squarespace makes it very worthwhile in terms of effort to put in, and value received. I've been using it for my portfolio website going on 4 or 5 years now, and I'll use it forever. It provides a breadth of gorgeous templates that can each be customized to reflect your own unique work, message, or product. Setting up a marketplace or storefront is also possible, everything is just made easy.

Tiffany Jensen

DIY Website and Domain

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Overall, Squarespace is a HUGE money saver for those who do not need in depth functionality on their website and may just want a simple landing page with some information/contact buttons.I have no experience in web development, but Squarespace made it SO simple to create our website and domain with just a few clicks of a button. It is VERY user friendly and the templates to start your website are easily customizable. The ability to purchase a domain and ease of connected a new domain to our site was mind blowing.

Easy websites

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I'm a very satisfied user of the product. It helped our business launch a few brands quickly and with high quality output.In my experience, this is the best website builder for junior level to mid-level graphic designers. But senior level designers shouldn't sleep on the Squarepsace either. It's very capable of handling custom designs which in turn help you build a fully branded website for personal or client work. And they continue to add more and more features to support the needs of these higher level designers.

Been a Happy Customer for Years

Reviewed 2018-01-16

1. Continuous Service - is rarely down 2. Cool looking templates - my content looks great! 3. Awesome integrations are easy to set up - Google Adwords, Adsense, Pixel, all wonderful and important for a modern website. 4. Support always answers my dumb emails really quicklySquarespace is a great choice for artists who know what they want . The templates look professional and clean, not amatuerish and clunky. The customizations that you can run in the Code Injection area ie: google analytics and Facebook Pixel tracking are great.

Mariah Althoff

Squarespace is my saving grace for web design!

Reviewed 2018-04-07

I get a functioning, reliable, easy-to-use, beautiful website for my business that brings in new clients weekly. I LOVE that Squarespace is so user-friendly, has beautiful templates that are super customizable, has a very visual user-interface, and is very reliable. I've never had any issues with Squarespace and I've been using them for years. Most importantly, Squarespace allows for beautiful websites to be easily made with a relatively low learning curve, while still allowing the ability to custom code sites to your liking.

Chrysa Kovach

Easiest way to have a professional product without blowing the budget

Reviewed 2018-08-24

I can't stress enough how easy it is to use this product. Once you select a template that suits your needs, all you have to do is plug in your content et voila, a clean website. The best feature by far is Squarespace's automatic optimization of your site for any viewing format. It completely eliminates the fear that part of your content won't show up on a mobile device.

Marissa Gandelman, LMT

Semi-easy interface, lots of template options. Great designs.

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Overall, I like SquareSpace enough to keep using it.The templates are very pretty and the interface is mostly intuitive. I was able to design my Website in a weekend and was very pleased with the results. A year later, I updated it by changing the template. It took another couple of days to do this, but I love that it's easy enough to change and breathe new life into the site.

Jonathan Field

Great In A Pinch!

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-08-28

My experience was incredible and simple, I felt at ease making a website and found it fun. They used game-ification to create a website builder that is reminiscent of creating a sim. I appreciate the effort that went into this software, and the list of cons I have provided were mostly speculative, so my experience was a solid 10/10!This software allows one to create an incredibly pleasing website that works well for a fraction of the cost of what it would take a developer to do. Users have the choice between several prefabricated websites that suit different business goals and aesthetics, perfect for a mass market, specialized clients and more simple clients. The user interface surrounding the software is super simple to understand, reading from left to right, set up in a simple menu format making it intuitive to read and work with. The array of sliders, text options and buttons at the users disposal make it easy to tailor a website to specific needs or aesthetics.