Squarespace Reviews

4.6

2.4K

1,565

How would you rate Squarespace?

Pros

The overall use of this product is amazing, very easy to use and my clients love it. The love the fact that they can do edits themselves.

KJ

Kristal J.

It's good for what it is, which is a basic website maker that has the ability to make very function, nice looking pages.

CK

Clint K.

Love that Squarespace introduced me to web design due to its ease of use. Templates are as great as Wix and both are really great competitors to one another.

CC

Cloency C.

Cons

The options are limited. Editing pages can be difficult because everything needs to be dragged and dropped into place, but most of the time all of the other blocks will shift during editing.

Melissa H.

One of my colleagues who is taking over for me, really disliked how the Squarespace template prevented any changes. He contacted Squarespace and with their assistance was able to break the template.

JK

Jan K.

The flip side is that Squarespace has few if any bugs, while Wix and Weebly can get strange errors in my experience.

Cody M.

2,415 reviews

NE

Nathaniel E.

Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Squarespace User Review

Transcript

Nathaniel E: Hi, my name is Nathaniel. I work in the non-profit sector, and I would give Squarespace...

The best for aesthetics & functionality

Transcript

Maia A.: Hi, my name is Maia. I'm CEO in a video and 360 photography. And I give Squarespace a four out...

Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely.

I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Pros

Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Cons

Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify....

The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners

Pros

There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more...

Cons

Because Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don’t have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress. I have not found Squarespace’s community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.

Easily Create an Ever-Beautiful Website

I have been using Squarespace for my e-commerce business for a few years now and love it! Squarespace sites are easy to create and update, while always remaining beautiful. I have used other drag-and-drop website building software in the past and even though the layouts looked right when I was editing, once I viewed them live and on different devices, there were always problems. With Squarespace's...

Pros

Ease of use Beautiful designs Great customer service Affordable useful integrations (PayPal, MailChimp, etc) built-in SEO constantly updating and adding more features

Cons

e-commerce platform has minimal features No customer service phone support Some features are only available on a limited number of templates

The best website builder!!

We have a very professional website, the website is optimized, it is easy to use for our clients, and has brought in more business because of the look of our website. We are pleased with using Squarespace, in that it allows us to update our site easily, make necessary changes, we are able to look at the Analytics and make changes based on that information. We are able to invoice clients through the website, so everything looks professional.

Pros

There are so many great features with this software, all laid out beautifully with the interface. You can start designing your website using one of the suggested templates or a blank site, but right away you can add images and text, manipulate the look/size/overall feel of the site. The best part is that you can see how the changes look right away, you can see your site on computer screen, or tablet, phone; you can see how website looks in the different formats. In addition, there are Commerce features and many others that are excellent. Lastly, the way that files are saved are organized, very easy to retrieve and add onto the various pages, structures.

Cons

There are no cons that I have encountered. I am very happy with how the website looks. The one con is that it takes a bit of time to build the website to your desired professional look... but that is expected of any website building experience. That it will take some time to get to the finished result.

Best Website Builder for Dummies

It was a good experience and made my product look professional.

Pros

Squarespace is so user-friendly and has an excellent interface for those that want to create their own website but do not know how to code. There are several design options in order to fit the aesthetic of what you are trying to promote or showcase.

Cons

I did not like the price of Squarespace. I found that a lot of the better options required me to upgrade and pay extra, which was a con. It also did not have a great value proposition compared to other free website builders like Wix or Wordpress.

Squarespace Review

Overall I love Squarespace. My site runs smoothly I have not had any complaints from customers of card sales not going through of the site not working properly. I do use this app on a daily bases updating inventory, changing images and checking analytics for my social post to see the increase of traffic.

Pros

What I like most about Squarespace software is that it is very user friendly. It has up to date functions and accessibility for you to use other apps in combination with this app. I also like that there is a scheduling feature to take appointments. As a Cosmetologist this was very important to me as a buyer.

Cons

A feature that I like the least would be the shipping page on the features within the website. I feel that it could be more simplified or more automated to link with shipping rates based on the weight and measurements of the product. I figured it out eventually but honestly that part of setting up my site was a headache.

Squarespace for everyone!

Overall I’ve always had a great experience with squarespace

Pros

Squarespace has done an excellent job of allowing users to learn their platform with ease. I love being able to develop a SS site and then pass it along to my clients. I help teach them how to edit text and empower my clients to be able to do certain things for themselves which they love.

Cons

Some of the new limitations with 7.1 are annoying and I prefer some of the old 7.0 features better.

Squarespace helps make solid websites with great design

I’ve used Squarespace for a year and have been really happy with it. I tried Wix and Weebly, but Squarespace had the best templates for me, and a simple process that I could quickly do what I needed to do and get back to my business.

Pros

As a one-man band with little funds for expenses, I needed to build a website myself and I wanted a modern, well designed look. Squarespace helped me easily do this and looks so good. The building block system works well, the templates bring a modern, clean design, and the analytics provide a comprehensive view of my visitors. And the price is really reasonable.

Cons

There isn’t an auto save feature. Several times while editing a web page, I have worked for an hour or two and made a lot of precise changes—but then I accidentally hit escape and it exits the Editor view and I lose all of the my work. As a small business owner I can’t waste time like that.

An high quality web solution for non-technical people who need create and manage a website

This product helped me launch my web storefront quickly and easily. It was truly a pleasure using this solution for my personal business.

Pros

- Beautiful templates. Initially they offered relatively few templates compared to other website providers, however, all of their templates were very polished. Since their early days, they have plenty of templates to get you go quickly for almost any look you are going for. - The page editor is very easy to start using and experiment and becoming productive. - Product management: Product management...

Cons

- Pricing: More expensive than competitors, but you are paying for refinement and amenities. For non-technical people, refinement and features may be worth it. For Technical folks who can develop their own website, pricing may deter them from using SquareSpace. - Template customization confusion: From a non-technical perspective, it may be very confusing why one template reacts differently to similar changes to layout/content creation. This could cause some frustration for those users.

Squarespace

I have used this software for several years now and feel I can keep our website current and looking inviting all without having any formal web training.

Pros

I am not a web designer by any means. I was handed the task of keeping our website up to date and to add things when needed. It is very easy to use this software to do those tasks. The help center is amazing. I can find instructions to walk me through the steps needed.

Cons

There is not really anything I have found not to like. The only issue I have had is getting photo blocks to align on a page where I would like them to go.

Online Shop and Portfolio

Very good. I would recommend it to others looking to build a website.

Pros

I use this as a host for my website and for an online illustration portfolio and shop. It is a little pricey all upfront, but if I break down the business plan per month, its $18 a month, which I make back in my store, so I always break even/make money. I like that there are templates that you dont have to know any coding for and they are pretty intuative. Same with the store. I've used this for atleast 5 years now and don't plan to change.

Cons

I've been waiting for them to take away the need to enter a physical address when people buy a free digital download from my store, and I contacted customer service and they were kinda dumb and didn't really help me with my issue, but that's been the only issue I've had in years.

Squarespace is a great option for simple, professional looking websites!

For a small but growing non-profit, Squarespace has provided the perfect option for our website needs. It is cost effective and looks sharp and professional. It is easy to edit content and meets our needs perfectly.

Pros

I like that it is simple and easy to use. Editing text and content is simple for even those who are not website designers. It is a great software for simple, professional looking websites. It is easily customizable if you don't need anything too complex. It is perfect for a smaller non-profit or business without the expense of the more complex website softwares.

Cons

I don't like how this software has some limitations on what you can customize and create. If you are needing complex menus, multiple outputs and fancy video features, this software is not for you.

Squarespace is beautiful, but lacks some basic functionality

Functional and beautiful when it works. Very limiting in the area of sales tax.

Pros

Squarespace makes it easy to build a nice website without too much coding know-how. It's very flexible, even for taking orders for customized products.

Cons

Squarespace lacks the basic function of making certain products tax-free. For instance, we don't have sales tax on clothing in MN, but we do on hard goods. If you sell both of these products on your website, your out of luck because the tax setting are tied to location only, not products. This makes selling both retail and wholesale through the same site virtually impossible without some serious workarounds. Myself and many other people have made squarespace aware of this basic issue for more than 3 years, but insofar they haven't come up with any solutions.

Every Website We Build Starts with Squarespace

Years ago, when I started my marketing agency, I would pander to my clients. This one wanted WordPress - another wanted Joomla. The technology was too much to handle, and the site quality decreased as a result. After years of working with WordPress, we decided to only build on Squarespace. It's been a great choice that has helped us grow our portfolio immensely.

Pros

Squarespace has made it super simple to create a new website. Every single website we build now is on the Squarespace platform - and that's for a reason! The software is user-friendly, the buildouts are quick and painless, and the customers are always happy with the finished product.

Cons

Styling and formatting could be easier on the Squarespace builder. I hate posting up images on pages and blog posts. There's no easy way to resize the images and ensure they look good. I also hate the blog formatting. I want my blog to be aesthetically pleasing - instead, it looks like a robot just spit it out.

Using Squarespace for 3 websites!

I absolutely love my Squarespace websites! I love that I can incorporate a store, embed forms from my CRM, blog, and the ample options for SEO.

Pros

Squarespace allows me to design beautiful, professional websites without any coding knowledge. I've designed 4 websites on Squarespace and currently run 3. The templates make it easy to choose the look of a website while still allowing lots of customization.

Cons

Different templates belong to different template families that each have different functionality. I would like it if all of the templates had the same options for customization and function in place.

Easy to use, deploy and wonderful UI.

Pros

Easy to set-up and train other how to use. User interface is wonderful and works well on all devices. Setting up pages is a little bit of learning curve, but they have excellent resources for training.

Cons

Setting up reoccurring donations was a pain.

Square Space Review

My overall experience with Squarespace has been more satisfying compared to some of its competitors.

Pros

I found Squarespace's ease of use to be the most impactful feature of this product. The user has access to a diverse range of aesthetic templates for creating websites, consequently one can create a respectable professional-looking website in minutes, without prior experience in web development.

Cons

The only thing I did not like about Squarespace is that it does not have a social media website template. I believe that would be pretty useful if it were present.

Not an Easy Company

Please see the con section above this review for my biggest complaint thank you!

Pros

Pros are that they have a stylish looking site and they have many options for templates to use for your site.

Cons

Customer service is extremely lacking. Even when you contact customer service they give you an answer and expect you to follow a video tutorial you never talked with anyone one on one! If you do they make it seem as if you are supposed to have some expertise when they say no experience is necessary in their commercials. I've been using the site for years for several different sites that I run and published...

Best Website Platform

Squarespace has helped me to grow my business without the hassle of endless hours of tweaking and customizing website designs.

Pros

Squarespace is very easy to setup, use and manage. I love that updates don’t require constant tending and managing like Wordpress does. The templates are clean and allow you to focus your attention on the content and clean design. The new Squarespace app is such a huge time saver and allows users to manage their websites and blog posts without having to be at a desktop.

Cons

The new Squarespace app is a bit buggy and occasionally says I don’t have internet connection, even when I do.

Absolutely the best website building platform for small businesses!

Choosing Squarespace to build my website for my business is the reason I'm able to continue growing my small establishment. Since I'm able to use the analytics and connect further with Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, I'm able to properly target my correct audiences and monitor their traffic accordingly. I'm able to test what works best for my company, and quickly modify anything that isn't working. Squarespace is one of the software's that I accredit my success to.

Pros

For the minimal price that you pay, you get an incredible amount of features. There is practically an infinite amount of uses, especially if you have even the most basic understanding of CSS, which you can apply to every template. You can easily connect all of your social media, upload pictures, easily migrate content to new pages and templates, the list goes on. If you get stuck on something, the...

Cons

My only complaint is what everyone else complains about: the templates! There's almost 100 templates now, so there's plenty to choose from. The main issue is that the templates tend to not have all of the functions you want, and you have to sacrifice certain functions for another. For example: you may need sidebar navigation, but the templates your client likes don't offer that, and you can't cross templates. I understand why you can't have ALL of the features on one template, but some templates with crossed features would be great.

Best for creating photography website

Squarespace is one of the best platforms for creating professional websites. I particularly like it for my photography business. It has an impressive set of features and has the best designs on the market.

Pros

My experience with this website builder is quite awesome. The platform offers stunning templates that are optimized for desktops, tablets, and smartphones, making it an excellent tool for my photography website. Business growth is a result of excellent marketing tools, including email and social media. One of the most helpful and responsive builders of the ones I've tested.

Cons

The program has some drawbacks, including the price and limited customization options. You can only customize the rows within your template's columns. There is some effort involved in editing the template. The website builder does not save automatically, which is daunting.

Best Business Decision I've Made

Pros

My husband is a web designer. I have the ability to have a custom website made for me, but I also hated to ask him to fix things, and I hated going through all the code myself to update the site. I switched to Squarespace over five years ago, and it was the best decision I could have made for my business (and a great one for my marriage, too 😂). If you don't need a huge, elaborate website, but still want something clean, beautiful, and easy to maintain, I can't recommend Squarespace enough.

Cons

Every now and then, I run into limitations in a template that I wish I could change. Why certain blog styles aren't available in every template baffles me sometimes. I'll find a template I love but hate that it can't have a sidebar somewhere or that there's a blog overview rather than going straight to the blog itself.

A little more expensive than some other options, but very much worth the simplicity

I got a beautiful website setup fast. It looks great, operates well, and never requires any updating or maintenance from me.

Pros

The best part of this software is the simplicity of it. I have tried to dabble in WordPress and setting up more revenue driven websites, and it just gets too complicated for me. I don't want to be hosting and updating my own versions of the backend, or worrying how a certain plugin will interface with anything. Squarespace is fantastic for this because it's just dead simple, and does pretty much...

Cons

With simplicity comes concessions in the way of customization. For one, you are very limited with what sorts of plugins/add ons you want to put on your site. SEO for example, you basically just work with Squarespace and hope theirs works pretty good. As a result, you just don't have control over every little piece that you would if you built your own site up. However, I am not super technical....

Sleek Beautiful Websites

We have been using squarespace for over 3 years and love it. There are plenty of tutorials to help along the way and the tools within the platform can help create any type of website.

Pros

When searching for the perfect platform for our design business, we needed something that would showcase our work with clean lines and beautiful templates. Squarespace was the perfect fit! I loved the ability to customize every aspect of the templates as well so that we could incorporate our store, online catalog, intake forms and portfolio.

Cons

There is some learning curve with this software. It took me a few online tutorials and customer service chats to really figure out where everything was and how to use the features. Once you spend the time to learn, this platform is amazing.

Squarespace Makes My Web Presence Easy to Manage

I have enjoyed building websites with Squarespace because it allows me to get online quickly and then deploy additional components as I work through the logistics. The versatility Squarespace offers beats the competition. I have. used Squarespace for Airbnb locations, boat rentals, laser cutting and more.

Pros

Squarespace makes deploying your web presence super easy while also looking professional. I love the versatility Squarespace provides. You can customize so many aspects of your workflow, marketing, customer interactions, orders and more. It is robust enough to grow with you as you grow your business.

Cons

You most definitely need to upgrade to a business account to really leverage the functionality Squarespace offers. The basic service is not much more than a static 1 page site.