Supermetrics Reviews

LR

Laura R.

JS

Jon S.

Great google sheets capability and ultimately one of the fastest solutions in market if you can get around some of the usability challenges.

Cons

It's difficult to find out how to get started with building data sheets, but the worst part of the product. Customer support is utterly useless.

DJ

Daniel J.

Amateurish front-end, queries that fail without any alert, incompatible metrics, a general pain to use.

Sometimes the connection fails and I have to reconnect which is annoying.

4.1

Pricey, but a life saver

That's the best friend for online media analysts. We can get all our metrics in one place to cross data and do more accurate analysis.

Pros

The easiest way to get metrics from almost all channels in one place. A perfect partner to Google Sheets or Data Studio.

Cons

It's pricey, specially for brazilian users like me.

Pricey, But Well Worth the Cost

Despite its price, Supermetrics has enabled us to create reporting that is applicable to a broader range of stakeholders (ie. C-level execs, sales managers, etc). It provides more flexible data flow between platforms (ie. data from Excel can be easily fed to Google Data Studio, etc)

Pros

Supermetrics is the Cadillac of data integration plug-ins. Not only does the suite run the gamut in the number of platforms that it supports, but it does it extremely well. All of their tools have easy to understand and intuitive interface, while not skimping on the feature-set either.

Cons

It is very pricey. And the other kicker is that each integration is licensed separately. I feel like you should get some kind of discounted price if you pay for all of them vs. just one.

There are cheaper, better, easier options.

Frustrating and slow. We never attained the level of insight or tracking that we hoped, and after we had the tool set up we still had to manually track and record performance data. If this tool cost 1/3 of what they charge it might be worth it, but Supermetrics is right in the middle: It tries to do too much and makes it messy and not user-friendly; and it tries to be easy to use, which makes the messiness of the tool harder to control. It will add hours and sap dollars.

Pros

It does mostly do what it purports to: takes data from different sources and blends them into a Data Studio dashboard. In general, that is possible with this tool.

Cons

Messy data - connecting new channels creates multiple different sources, and pulls in tons of data automatically that you don't need or requires you to manually sort through the list of data to select. Not efficient. Not the easiest set up - if you're hoping to get more team members onboard as users, they had better have some background in data. Pricing - Going off the above, I thought the price...

Best Tool to start getting into Social Media Analytics

Pros

Supermetrics provides a lot of connectors and with the Google Sheets integration provides a great deal of flexibility.

Cons

The reliability of the Google Sheets integration is quite bad. Especially huge queries tend to fail quite often and sometimes incremental refreshes are screwing up. Also their customer support got better in the last years, but it is not really easy to solve problems once they occur.

Software Excelente para monitoramento e gestão de métricas

Consegui ganhar mais tempo na coleta de dados e uma vez configurado foi simples obter os dados.

Pros

Supermetrics é completo com relação as métricas e é a única ferramenta que encontrei que possui muitos dados retroativos das redes sociais.

Cons

Algumas métricas vem com a nomenclatura da plataforma que fornece os dados e na hora de utilizar foi preciso identificar o que era cada métrica, chocando os dados do supermetrics com da ferramenta original, só após feito isso conseguimos finalmente utilizar a ferramenta.

Institutional reporting platform with a lot of public support but is not worth the price.

Look, Supermetics is good. It's a great solution for many people but for a small agency with only a couple of clients that just happened to have a significant adspend, it was sunsustainably expensive - Plus the prices have tripled across the course of a couple of years. Frankly, for what I needed it for, there are other SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper options out there. Supermetrics is like the Clickfunnels...

Pros

The setup is comprehensive, there's a bunch of handy templates, it makes reporting a breeze. Supermetrics is tight.

Cons

Those eye watering price tags when you start spending any real budget.

Good for building web dashboard

Overall good tool but could improve with offering more integrations.

Pros

The connectors it has to several platforms and also the predefined dashboards that allow you to pull data from different data sources like FB/GA etc in a very easy way and the plug it into nice dashboards. Price wise is very competitive.

Cons

I missed connectors to ecommerce platforms like Shopify or magento as it will be very useful for ecommerce users to add that data to do analysis. i also did not like that data only refreshes automatically every day, if not you need to do it manually.

Supermetrics Tools and Team are truly top-notch.

My experience with the Supermetrics team is what truly takes their software/service to the next level. Their operations support team is quick to respond, eager to help, and ambitious with their goals of keeping their customers happy. I have never seen such a responsive, personable, and all together helpful team of individuals. I will recommend Supermetrics 10 out of 10 times.

Pros

The datastudio connection capabilities are relatively simple to set up and extremely useful. Supermetrics works seamlessly with Google's system to provide killer live-reporting tools for high-level KPIs.

Cons

There is not much to dislike here. The price is extremely fair in relation to the competition. The only slight drawback is the initial linking takes a small time commitment, but once a connection is made via Datastudio the rest is quick and seamless.

Saves time, but not as much as I hoped it would

I appreciate the time saved by having Supermetrics pull all my social media and advertising KPI's but I wish it was a bit more reliable.

Pros

I love being able to pick and choose which dimensions/metrics are pulled into spreadsheets and the UI is easy to use.

Cons

I am routinely frustrated to find that my daily queries have been failing for a week or more without notifying me. Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram all give me issues with this.

Best Decision For Dashboards + Ongoing Reporting

Overall I'm very happy with Supermetrics and the pros far outweigh the cons. It has become a critical tool in my day to day marketing & management toolbox.

Pros

I like that Supermetrics for sheets integrates seamlessly with Google Data Studio allowing me to supercharge my reporting capabilities. I am able to pull data from multiple sources and refresh it daily making sure all stakeholders have up-to-date relevant data at all time.

Cons

There are a few reporting features I would like to see like reports via labels for Google Ads and Facebook customer conversions could be simplified.

I have overhauled the way we track performance with Supermetrics

I run a little empire of self-updating reports that track various aspects of our social, content and brand marketing, using Supermetrics. This includes ongoing trackers or Facebook and Instagram (both organic and paid), YouTube, Twitter, web analytics, dedicated trackers for multi-platform brand campaigns, as well as ad-hoc reports that are really fast and 100% customisable.

Pros

The fact that I spend no time collecting/pulling in the data and can customise the way I visualise and aggregate it in any way I need.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly interface, but I still appreciate it's ultimate flexibility.

Supermetrics makes my life a lot easier for analyzing huge volume of data

Getting precise data from Google Analytics in more convenient and customized way.

Pros

I like the flexibility of using different metrics and the main feature I love the most is being able to avoid Google's data sampling which is impossible when using native Google Analytics interface.

Cons

Everything is perfect now. Before I had a problem reaching support when they used Google Products forum for communication with customers, but now they have a private ticketing system which is more convenient to use and I receive a really fast response for my questions each time.

Simple awesomeness

Awesome

Pros

It's the best product ever for managing any PPC activity. My former boss introduced me to this amazing product and I couldn't be more grateful. It makes my life super easy.

Cons

The haven't created yet a connector for Adjust or Bing Ads what would make the product a A++.

Lifesaving tool

It saves me lot of time on daily basis. Worth every cent

Pros

I am managing 15 AdWords account with big budgets and lots of campaigns which requires daily monitoring. I am using Supermetrics to import all important metrics from AdWords and Analytics and get a quick overview of managed accounts performance and I can quickly see where and what I can improve instead of logging into each account and manually checking tens of campaigns

Cons

I would like better error reporting. Sometimes (not too often) data can't be pulled and it isn't clearly visible what is the reason.

Used this trial, but did not get approved for paid version

Very good. Would highly recommend as it really automates and drops a lot of drag in reporting. In terms of data privacy, there might be some scrutiny or assurance needed from Supermetrics/

Pros

Used the free trial. Supermetrics is amazing. It connects to all the major players to get the extremely valuable data dumps. Connect this to Google data studio or equivalent and reporting is automatically done.

Cons

There is a cost involved, which makes sense. The cost model might not be simple to understand due to cap to calls and such. Might be harder for C-suites to understand (That was my experience). Data privacy wise as well might be an issue. I had left my previous company before all this got checked

Amateurish and Infuriating

Supermetrics doesn't fail to infuriate me on a daily basis. I use this software to make complex automatic reporting dashboards both internally and client-facing. I hate it. The more complex you make something, the more likely it is to fail. For simple things, this software has a wealth of options to use. The more complex you want to take things, the deeper you dive, the worse it looks.

Pros

It's the best software out there for what it does that i have found.

Excellent Reporting with actionable insights

I was able to analyze different segment from all our marketing channels, automate reporting & prioritize tasks better.

Pros

This is without a doubt the best tool I've tested to compare & view data from different sources and it only gets better with time. - Perfect integration with all our marketing channels - Flexible reporting & automation (saves time) - Easy to use to create tables & dashboards

Cons

- It's expensive (with all the extra add-ons ) - Gathering data takes time (from different API's)

Bootstrap your Business Intelligence on a small company

Pros

It provides built in integrations from most known marketing tools (Facebook, Google Ads and Bing Ads) directly to Google Sheets and Excel. It was easy to set up and use, and helped us to bootstrap our marketing analysis without a big implementation cost.

Cons

When we used it, it doesn't supported incremental updates, so it was costly to run it on a daily basis when our query time period was too big.

Horrible Customer Support

Product has potential, but without responses from support I can't do what I need.

Pros

It was easy to install, seems like it has a lot of potential.

Cons

Have emailed this company and they do not reply to support requests. Moving to AdStage instead.

Without the best bit of software we'e found this year!

We used to struggle to be able to keep a track of our lead generation clients and where they were against lead volume, spend and whether they were on trend. This solved the problem, with a plug in to alert when we meet our cap levels, sending an email and even creating a task on our trello board.

Pros

The flexability of Supermetrics is what makes this stand out. We have created a dashboard through Google sheets, plugged into our MCC. We can then pull all of our conversions into it with spend, target CPA and use a traffic light system to target lead volume and target CPA. Very cool

Cons

Using the dashboard we created, it is not updated in a "live" environment. This used to updated every hour, however it's currently 3/4 times a hour now. Not a big issue.

Forced a price increase during a period we already prepaid and then would not refund

We have used super metrics for years and it fails to load in data studio constantly then out of the blue they forced a price increase on us during a period we already prepaid and then would not refund when we cancelled. The price went from $65 to $382 per month which is a huge increase.

Pros

combining data from more than 50 google ads accounts

Cons

Support and sales teams policies and procedures.

Powerful tool for combining disparate data sets I use this daily to monitor advertising performance.

It would be near impossible to efficiently combine data across various advertising platforms without this tool in our pocket.

Pros

This tool enables me to pull in data from Google Analytics, Adwords and Bing into one place that can then be accessed by Google Data Studio or any other monitoring tools or management platforms.

Cons

Servers seem to get clogged up occasionally and become unresponsive. At times, data is pulled into wrong columns. As with any dataset, you need to remain vigilant and check that what is coming in makes sense. Its usually easy enough to do a refresh (and make sure you're highlighting the correct cell) and pull in the data correctly if things get weird.

A bit difficult to use, but quite powerful

SuperMetrics makes reporting and deep analysis much quicker.

Pros

It's a simple idea executed well - any reporting service with an API, easily downloaded to a Google Sheet. For Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools, it's invaluable. For other services such as Google Analytics, it can be a huge time-saver.

Cons

There are occasional bugs and glitches that can make it a little frustrating. Date ranges can occasionally jump around.

Supermetrics for Data Studio

Pros

Connecting data sources to Google Data Studio for reporting is difficult when you have to setup so many API connectors for each client on each platform. Supermetrics makes this process simple. I love it!

Cons

Pricing could be lower considering the no-touch service they provide. Hard to justify the cost relative to the service offered.

Automating stats is fun

Pros

Don't need to do any development, love to use products' API in google sheets. Also automation is another good point which saves time.

Cons

It is very expensive also they are packages arent clear. User numbers are extremely low even if you pay 300+ USD/month