All categories

Notion Reviews

Pros

It's very versatile and with it you can create a workflow that works for you. The UI is great and there is a great community.

This is great for a shared list for people to have visibility on. It was great for our team to see what everyone was doing, add comments and notes to each other.

Love how flexibility and powerful Notion really is. It’s great for documentation, collaboration, project planning, note taking and a lot more.

Altaf D.

Cons

The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible.

Daniel W.

Now that we use Notion, we're much more organized. The last program we used was boycotted by nearly half the team because of how difficult it was to navigate.

Natalie T.

Notion changed my perception about the note taking apps. I use Notion mostly for organize my notes, preventing them from turning into mess.

Zeynel A.

Jack of All Trades

Transcript

Kenneth: Hi. My name is Kenneth. I'm a senior product manager at a financial firm. I give a score out...

Great for a Big Team

Transcript

Natalie: I'm Natalie. I'm a manager at a nonprofit organization in Washington, DC, and I give Notion...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system

Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment. This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are. Highly recommended.

Pros

Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Cons

Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now. The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view. Offline work is still a work in progress. Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place. You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images...

Cons

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades. Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

A more doesn't mean always a better

Like many others: I am a migrant-from-evernote-to-notion user. So I really feel a difference. Evernote become with time a boring routine. You ended up konwing all what the software capacities without a horizon you can looking for. Evernote blog is a good resource but it is not enough for me. The comparison with Evernote is critical for me. So I can tell you that Notion provide you all what Evernote offer plus a not-so-boring journey during using the product.

Pros

Without doubt its ubiquity (they claim you can organise anything within it) is incredible.

Cons

User experience is not that good. It is not comfort for the eyes. Too many options. Too many features. Need time to learn and use and you ended up reexplain that too many time to your team OR you must buy Khe course about that product. And it's something you should really consider into your calculation of what that software cost.

Notion reflects how I think

Notion is one of the few tools that I open up daily to get a sense of where I am. Though it lacks some power and reputation of tools like Evernote, it makes up in an innovative approach to capturing ideas. I don't find myself trying to remember tags or keywords because the information is exactly where I need it to be within a few clicks.

Pros

Notion just makes sense to me. As a data-driven individual, I am always thinking about how what I do relates to each other. The ability to use database-driven linkages between articles, tables, notes, media, and bookmarks helps Notion work as my second brain. Information isn't siloed into folders or hierarchies and thus becomes more functional. Outside of work collaboration, Notion is my go-to for personal organization.

Cons

People either hate or love Notion and I understand. The biggest drawback is the learning curve. Though intuitive to me as someone who works with and manages databases, I understand that it's not as easy to get up and going. There is a lot to learn to really maximize your ROI and some teams won't have the time to step back from work to really dive into a new way of thinking.

So long Evernote! Hello notion

I run my personal business, collaborate with coworkers, and even do personal project management with the same account all under the free tier. It's become my go-to for everything that Evernote used to do for me, but with WAAAAY more features and functionality.

Pros

The thing I love most about Notion is how customizable it is. Even at the free personal tier, I don't see the majority if individuals needing to expand to the paid version. Any time a product can give so much value at the FREE level, means they're in it for the long haul and they're the real deal.

Cons

The blocks setup makes copy and pasting a little tricky. You can't just copy a whole entry and paste it into google docs or an email with out having to fix it on the paste side of things. Small issue but not that big of a deal for everything that it can do.

Powerful and versatile

I started simple: just taking notes, and storing information- similar to a wiki type setup. From there, I started connecting the information to create a dashboard of tasks, meeting notes, contacts, questions and reference data. Now it’s an indispensable tool for both short term (weekly priorities) and long term data storage and access.

Pros

Notion is a powerful information repository. Very customizable to suit most any need to document, analyze and share information with your team, or just reference yourself.

Cons

While you can easily get started, the power in in relational databases - interconnecting, different blocks of information and bring it together for easy analysis and consumption. This can take some time to master. Adding functions takes this to whole other level.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Notion keeps my business and me organized

I've been using Notion for a little more than a year. It really helped me organize my business. I used to have all my documents and links and business plans and projects scattered all over the place. Now everything is in one place, and I keep Notion open all day for quick reference to items I need, like canned common responses to customers when they ask common questions, or the goals and tasks for my latest projects.

Pros

I am a visual person, and Notion has a clean layout. You can create documents, lists and more that are easy to read. I love all the templates they offer for different kinds of tasks and projects. I have taken several templates from Notion and customized them for my own use.

Cons

I would love more integrations with other software and apps so that I could sync them all.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great collaboration, documentation and task management tool

We love it on our team and would be lost without it. If we were to lose Notion, we would have to replace it with several other tools.

Pros

Notion is robust enough that we can store our documentation here, share with the whole team and manage our meetings and project tasks all in one place. If there's something to do, we know where to find it.

Cons

Formatting text is somewhat limited, but fine most cases. The mobile apps are very convenient but some of the features for iPad do match up to the desktop experience.

I'm a Notion convert

Notion is a great platform that can be used in a variety of ways. We're moved a ton of content from Google Docs, Dropbox, and our website over to Notion since it's so easy to customize and link to existing content, upload files, and embed images.

Pros

I absolutely LOVE Notion. At first, I was skeptical of adding another program to our mix, especially one that would take the place of using additional pages on our website. It's an incredibly valuable platform for quickly creating landing pages for external members that are easy to customize and keep updated.

Cons

My only complaint is that the website is sometimes down. Since we host so much content on the site, it can really throw a wrench it a workday if the site isn't working.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

It really can be your "second brain"

I was able to combine what had been multiple SaaS tools into Notion, which is a major time saver when it comes to search and connecting data. I fear, however, having all my eggs in one basket. People have said when their internet is off, they cannot work. With multiple tools, you have less risk, if one is down you can use another. It'd be good of Notion worked offline and synched (like Evernote), but I imagine due to the highly collaborative nature of this software that might be technically unfeasible.

Pros

Many people call Notion a way to create your "second brain" in that you can capture, collect, manage, and retrieve literally anything.

Cons

Steep learning curve. I've watched hours and hours of how-to training videos on YouTube and I still feel like I've got a long way to go to master the use of this tool.

The everything app

I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion. I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me. I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based...

Pros

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible. You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page. This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added! In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Fantastic for personal and professional use

After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications. The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show...

Cons

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal. Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Best Brain Dump & Organising tool ever!

All documentation went into notion; its amazingly good!

Pros

1) Create nested pages, tables, etc - you can go as deep as you want 2) It has a VERY good and easy to use mobile app 3) It has replaced my google drive (not sheets - yet), Evernote, todoist, local notes, anything random that used to go anywhere else 4) I was even able to create a lot of linked database that works well 5) I started just for personal but enjoyed dumping all my brain thoughts here, it made it very good to capture more thoughts around business too; then moved the company docs and wikis; then right now moving the tasks for the team and Dark mode, lol - and good pricing with unlimited storage

Cons

1) Increasing the speed of opening pages on mobile and desktop apps 2) i would love to see an offline version too 3) Sometimes the sync is slow - if i have made the change in mobile; it wont reflect instantly in the desktop app. It takes a minute or two, or sometimes reloading the page

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Beyond happy with Notion. I don't think I could ever work without it in the future

Personally I use Notion everyday to track my OKRs (objectives and key results) and document all my learnings. Out with Google sheets and links everywhere - in with notion pages. With possibilities of adding virtually anything into the pages (timelines, tables, videos, images, etc..), it makes everything much more clear and readable. It has become a core tool in our internal communication. On top of that, you can even create pages for external use. I believe Pento are a great example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] They literally use it as an employer branding tool to present their company to the world. Why not do something like that for your company? :)

Pros

What I like the most with Notion is that I do not even know where to start to describe it. We use it for so many things in our company. Each team has their own space where they can drive their own projects - some may have some high level presentations of the people in the team, others like marketing use it for their "project requests". All in all I feel that everything is just much more organised as soon as it is in notion. The important is probably to start with a good structure and then make sure everyone knows how to use it.

Cons

When it has not been structured, it can get chaotic. Make sure you have a great "base" and then onboard all the users with some guidelines, and it will all be great!

Best Life OS there is

It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The holy grail of organization

Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Best note-taking app of 2019

I use Notion daily to organize my personal life and mainly my company. Nowadays we are using Notion Kanban view to organize our clients, and this is app does it perfectly! You can share with your clients some determined information and hide the rest to not overwhelm them with extra information, this is one of its best features. This app has too many amazing features to point out in one review.

Pros

The ability to organize an insane amount of data without losing control or missing information. Also, it is easy to learn and understand how the interface works.

Cons

The mobile version has some bugs, definitely needs some specific improvements.

Notion : Le meilleur logiciel de prise de notes GRATUIT à ce jour

L'ayant utilisé pendant longtemps déjà, je l'ai conseiller tous mes amis et partenaires, je leur ai dit : "Croyez-moi, vous avez besoin de cet outil", car j'ai été ravi de le l'utiliser. En tant qu'utilisateur d'outils d'organisation, je dirais qu'il n'y a rien de plus flexible, de plus convivial et de plus intelligent que Notion. Je suis reconnaissant envers les créateurs de ce produit, il m'a vraiment facilité mon travail au quotidien.

Pros

1. Une grande flexibilité - il vous permet de personnaliser vos pages comme vous le souhaitez, il est très complet. Que vous ayez besoin d'un simple tableaux, d'écrire un texte texte, d'un outils de gestion de projet, de listes de tâches, Notion a tout pour vous 2. Des raccourcis et des liens pour tout - une fois que vous serez devenu un utilisateur avancé, vous terminerez votre travail plus rapidement...

Cons

ça serait bien d'avoir plus d'intégrations avec d'autres services et la possibilité d'étendre les fonctionnalités ici avec des plugins. Parfois, ce n'est pas suffisant. J'espère que les développeurs continueront à développer le service et à faire tout cela, de façon à avoir une appli optimal.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

This app is an all-in-one that can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

I work at a University and Notion is free with an @edu account, so I feel very lucky to get to use this for free. First off, it's super helpful that they provide templates for common things you might want to do organized by categories: Design, Education, Engineering, Human Resources, Marketing, Personal, and Product Management. It also provides a selection of user-created templates. Amazing! So, as...

Pros

- Pre-made templates, both official and user-generated - Mostly intuitive (more complex relational database stuff requires more planning/experimentation) - Kind of like a combination of Evernote, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Trello, Journal, and website all integrated together. Plus all sorts of other things I haven't even tried yet. - Customizable features like emoji and page banners - Can import from Evernote, Asana, Trello, GDocs, Word, Dropbox, and other formats. - Create teams to share pages with - Can now create flowcharts, wireframes, and mind maps!

Cons

- Has been known to lag and slow down your device quite a bit. (However, a 2/2020 update may have fixed this.) - Spreadsheets are a little tricker than what I'm used to when using Google Spreadsheets. I feel it takes more work to get the result/flexibility you might want.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Colorful but working very fine

Notion is a great tool for doing project documentation and management. The simple possibility to link to blocks of content accross the workspace is great and it offers most of building blocks one can desire. From paragraphs and to-dos to embeded boards from third-party software like Figma and Miro. In the trial you get 1000 buiding blocks for free, which you use up very quickly, since every paragraph is a block. But you can switch to the Private Plan and have unlimited blocks and some collaboration anyway.

Pros

At first I was not convinced about the user interface, but after using it fo r a while everything seems to have its right place on the screen and is really stripped down to its essentials. The content building blocks are a big help and make some constraints for users. Having the possibility to reorder blocks and paragraphs is great and should be integrated in every editor.

Cons

The steep pricing of the team plan and also sometimes it is hard to create a content block at a specific place (right after e divider line etc.) The inability to set default timezone settings for time related calendar items. (still have to switch from AM/PM to 24hrs format)

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The next generation productivity king!!!!!

The overall experience is superb. The lightweight super functional app also has iOS apps which i love.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the very idea behind it. It is one of those pieces of software that you never knew you needed until you actually saw it and started using it. It falls in that amazing sweet spot between note-taking, todo list management, and personal database management. It is hard to explain the sheer utility of this app. And therein lies its beauty. Each person can customize...

Cons

The free plan has a limit of a 1000 blocks which is too little. But it is free for students, so that is a plus.