Privy Reviews

4.5

How would you rate Privy?

Pros

Privy has a very easy to use setup and integrates seamlessly with Shopify. The popups look very good, and design is completely customizable.

Julian A.

Over all we have had a great experience with the Privy software. Highly recommend to anyone in real estate or wholesaling.

It has a lot of good features to help you capture the leads for your website.

MB

MAHDI B.

Cons

The basic features are fairly limited. Templates were poorly designed for our taste, clunky to update to something that matched our website.

Varun A.

Also, this system does overlap sometimes with the way your email client will run if you are just using it for Abandoned Cart popups.

We use privy to collect email addresses online.

Pros

I like the integration with Shopify and MailChimp. This makes address collection pretty easy. There is more functionality that we haven't utilized.

Cons

I had a bad experience recently when I tried to find out the URL that my sign-ups were coming from.

Hey Danielle - thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had trying to find out what URLs your signups were coming from. I'll shoot you a separate email to help you with that. Josh from Privy

Beautiful popups that comes with a price tag

It was a pleasant experience till they removed certain features from our existing plan and placed them in the higher plan. Also, their pricing and plans change too often which is a bit worrisome and uncomfortable.

Pros

The templates are beautiful, easy to edit and setup and publish on website. Exit intent works fabulously well on desktop and mobile. Only a few providers have this feature available.

Cons

It's far more expensive as compared to other providers, offering the same set of features in a higher plan which makes it pricey and unaffordable once you attain a certain level of scale in terms of visitors and page views.

Awesome Software

Overall, great experience.

Pros

Implemented Privy on a BigCommerce store and have been super happy with it. It's ease of use is incredible, and allows anyone to create effective popups to capture emails, and easily integrates with even competing software such as MailChimp.

Cons

The price, but it's not bad for what you get.

BEWARE: MAJOR DE-DUPLICATION BUG

They seem like good people but their functionality is not ready for prime time and they have been sitting on this major bug for MONTHS and not telling their customers.

Pros

It's really too bad that I can't give the a higher rating as I'd love to. I really like the app and the customer service and easy integration. BUT...they have one giant Achilles Heel.

Cons

Their system allows for the same email address with different title cases to create duplicate records (e.g., person@email.com and Person@Email.com will create SEPARATE contacts) so you end up sending multiples to people all the time. You have to deduplicate your lists MANUALLY! The worst part is that they have known about this issue for months and have still not fixed it. De-duplication is the most fundamental feature of any email marketing program...it's staggering to me that they have let this go on for so long with no fix and have not even communicated the issue to their customers. Ask them about it before you sign up! Even better...test it an you'll see it happen.

Que tan privado es Privy?

En general es un producto meramente practico y sencillo, eficaz y de un uso facil, me gusto el hecho de encontrar varias opciones para visuaizar mas campo para una busqueda de algun tema o necesidad que se requiere, lo recomendaria mucho ya que es muy eficiente y compite con otros productos que son de gamma alta como lo es privy, les felicito por eso

Pros

La simplicidad del mismo, que puedes ampliar una gama completa de articulos, promociones o servicios sin tantanecesidad de intermediarios y hacerlo mas directo, de igual forma que su uso es sencillo y muy practico para el usuario que lo utiliza

Cons

Puede que hasta cierto punto tarde en ocaciones o que tantas paginas que se deben abrir para visualizar un cupon, promocion o articulo puede ser tardado o confuso hasta cierto punto, podria ser mas simple con la informacion mas directa y en base a eso acortar tiempos y poner la informacion solo necesaria y que el usuario no necesita

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Helped Our Company Immensely

It’s been great. They advertise list growth, and that’s what they do. Our list has grown tremendously since choosing Privy!

Pros

We use Privy for the pop up form that feeds to a list of contacts in Mailchimp. My favorite thing about Privy? It works. We have made so much money from the pop up coupon!

Cons

As your company grows, so does your bill. They bill on page views, which is fine. They’ve gotta make money somewhere.

Thanks for the review and love seeing your success!

Really Easy to use

Overall it's great and it's really helped me to grow my email lists

Pros

It's one of the easier email marketing tools to use and it has some of the best functionality

Cons

I do wish they had more options for creating upsell emails

Thanks for the review and for being a customer!

Can't say enough about this company and its CEO. The tool is awesome, powerful and simple to use.

Pros

I love that the popups are so fully customizable. I didn't get that with Hellobar and alternatives. I love that the company is transparent. I've seen the CEO on chat so many times and he is awesomely helpful!

Cons

The integration with my ESP has been dodgy a couple times, but that could be on the other end, not Privy's.

Finally, a website visitor conversion tool that really works!

Pros

Creating a site conversion campaign has never been so easy! Privy takes you by the hand and guides you through the setup process in a very friendly way. You can definitely creat a campaign in minutes. Integrating the tool into your website is really easy, so easy you don't actually need to be an expert. Changing, updating or inactivating a campaign is also very easy. In the dashboard, you can see...

Captures Attention

Great for building an email list and getting sales to go through on your site because of coupon offerings!

Pros

This is a great tool for capturing your customer's attention before they're about to leave your Shopify store. I've had this setup on my online store for about 2 years now. I find people are usually pretty inclined to submitting their email anywhere if it means getting a discount coupon. So obviously this tactic works well. I definitely think anyone needs this tool if they have an online store It's very customizable to your needs and design. And it's great for analytics. Very user-friendly and easy to setup with Shopify, like most add-ons.

Cons

I mean it's a pretty straight forward software. Maybe more catered to smaller businesses rather than large companies.

Good user feedback tool but restricted

Pros

A good user feedback tool with lots of options pertaining to user targeting, user funneling, timing events, actions and page behaviour.

Cons

A good user feedback tool but restricted in that all user interactions require an email field.

Great for on-site Email Acquisition

Privy has tripled our on-site email acquisition. It is really customizable and gives a great user experience (for both the customer and store). Customer support has been great

Pros

Easy to use interface Drastically and quickly improves email acquisition & conversion Helpful support team Integrations with Shopify

Cons

Some of the web exclusions can get confusing Not as plug & play for ecomm platforms other than Shopify Occasional features don't work as expected (pop ups show up immediately versus time spent or % scrolled).

Thanks for the review and for bing a customer John!

It works and then there is the confetti

Better conversion rate on email signups, flexible design and scheduling of popups - confetti when users sign up.

Pros

This is a good freemium platform for making email signups on your website happen in an attractive way. It has surely led to more conversions for us. For free software it has great features and lots of options, we've all been on the site with too many annoying popups. You can choose that route here or dial back and customize it to the look of your site. The very very best thing is you can make confetti swirl on the user's screen when they sign up. Its magical.

Cons

No complaints. If I want to do more with pop-ups than email sign-ups I will look into the more advanced features.

Thanks Kristina! Glad you love Privy!

Excellent Product!

Privy's List Growth and Email Tool is a great tool to have for e-commerce businesses. It is designed well and has allowed me to grow my customer email list!

Pros

I love Privy's List Growth and Email Tool. I was able to customize everything about it to make the pop-up appear matching to my website. It has allowed me to grow my email list!

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about Privy's List Growth and Email Tool..It always functions well and is designed well

Thanks for the review!

It's been a great addition!

Perfect for email sign up!

Pros

Every website should have pop ups either for subscribing to e-mail list or announcing sales and promotions. Privy has been a great addition to my website, super easy to use and set up. Highly recommend!

Cons

Wish there were more customization options, like fonts or a way to use your own fonts. Otherwise it's great!

Thanks Elizabeth! Glad to hear you're loving Privy. There are actually a bunch of font options available and if you're on our commerce plan or higher you can install custom fonts.

Privy is the best!

Overall i love privy and i received alot of subscribers since i had it installed on my website

Pros

I can create different campaigns allowing customers to sign up to my email list and i've seen much success with the gamified ones which makes collecting subscribers very easy!

Cons

It should allow me to allow customer to enter their phone# as well and text the discount code to them afterwards and also email them

Didn't work well for me

This software did not work out well for me at all and I would not recommend it to others

Pros

It is easy to use like most products out there. I thought it was going to be a good idea at first and the interface is easy to use. Maybe it works better for those in industries other than mine but I found it mediocre.

Cons

The pop ups were starting to annoy my customers coming in to the site so I took the popup feature down. I felt it was actually hindering my small business website's growth. I gave it 1 star for Value due to the fact that it was deterring customers.

Hey Kelly, Thanks for the feedback and for trying Privy. It appears that you're using another pop up provider now, so i hope it works better for you. In taking a quick peek at your account, it looks like in your free plan you could have adjusted down the frequency of the pop up to once or once a week and maybe made some other tweaks to make it more effective. Probably worth trying on your current set up as well to not annoy frequent visitors. Best of luck! Josh from Privy

Awesome Tool for Growing Your Email List

Overall, Privy has helped me grow my email list and so I am happy with this software.

Pros

I like the spin the wheel and gamified lead-opt in options. Privy sends me an updated email everyday on the status of my campaigns. I like the personal update. It is also easy to install on your website and to customize the forms and campaigns.

Cons

I wish there was a little bit more aesthetically pleasing default templates for the lead opt-in. More variety in font options would be great too.

Good for Marketing

Pros

Great for store site popups, with tones of features and designs.

Cons

Free version has a logo on popup and not all features are free.

Thanks for the review and for using Privy!

Its a class above all other platforms

Overall I really like Privy and what they have to offer. It is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

I love Privy because it has multiple functions and it allows me to do e-mail and SMS marketing in one.

Cons

The price points are a little steep for small business owners but if you scale your business they are manageable.

Great addition to any website

Privvy has changed so much for our mail chimp email newsletter list. It’s so nice that customers can easily see a pop up when they visit the site and sign up right then and there.

Pros

Privvy was so easy to set up, add to our website and connect to mail chimp.

Cons

I love everything about it, it’s hard to think of a con.

Perfect For Getting New Email Subscribers

Excellent, very happy with this software.

Pros

This is a simple app to install on Shopify Plus, and helped my business grow our email subscriber list.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike, I'm a fan of it and have installed it on all of my Shopify sites.

Thanks for the review and choosing Privy!

Good software for email capture

Good experience overall.

Pros

We used this software to create a popup on our shopify website to gain customer email addresses and offer them a 10% discount code. It worked perfectly.

Cons

Price increased after a year of using quite considerably.

Flexible and easy

Pros

- Like that it integrates with Shopify and Mailchimp - I like that I can set triggers for when it pops up and easily design new campaigns to test them

Cons

THere are no cons that I can think of. We have a pretty simple use case on our website and it does the job.

After using multiple different list growth tools... Privy is finally the one I've settled on.

Over 3000 emails captured in just under a month and optimized the most effective way to do this because of their reporting system and AB testing.

Pros

Great features cover all scenarios you want to test and use for acquring emails. The dashboard and reporting is great too. Very feature heavy, I don't even use most of the features they offer.

Cons

A little pricey when you don't really need to use some of the features they offer. Also would like the ability to better organize the campaigns in date order.