All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SurveyMethods Reviews

Pros

Great service, setup was a breeze and we will use them for our annual tenant survey for the foreseeable future. Highly recommend if you're looking for a simple, affordable solution.

Mei-Chia F.

larry p.

Maria C.

Read the full review
The word docs are incredibly awkward in their formatting, and can get wonky when you try to move things around.

Maria C.

Juvy M.

4.9

Easy to use survey software with strong analytical tools

We have used this for a large variety of information gathering needs. We survey parents about their experience in our school. We conduct board and staff surveys to evaluate their work experience and the work of our administration. Students use the survey to learn the basics of online survey approaches. When we have a meeting to schedule with somewhat complicated parameters, we use Survey Methods.

Pros

Intuitive interface. Offers many survey question methods, ranging from the simplest input to more involved, responses allowing scoring and multi factor correlation. Strong, graphically-oriented reporting options Transfers data easily to MSWord, PDF, Excel for further analysis. Various confidentiality options. Allows categorization of email respondents. Allows many style templates. Allows quick vs. more involved editing of questions.

Cons

Because of the many features offered, the program can take a bit of time to explain to other employees. This is to be expected, however, from any program.

Educational Program Evaluation using Survey Methods

On the whole, I really appreciate all of the options Survey Methods offers. We are currently designing surveys to be implemented by a client who uses another survey platform, which makes us appreciate Survey Methods all the more. Until recently we did not know Survey Methods had new ownership. We had set up for automatic invoicing, which didn't work this year. This involved a phone call and many emails, where the new staff was very responsive. I'd say the biggest problem as we are an educational non-profit is that our annual cost has more than tripled and we had to reduce the number of survey accounts for our organization.

Pros

We've been using Survey Methods for 12 years to gather qualitative and quantitative data to support educational program implementation, and it's been an incredibly useful platform. It is easy to format surveys, and includes useful features such as skip logic and many different options for question types. Our respondents are often protected by an IRB, which makes the anonymity guarantee essential. We're a able to provide a link to our IRB survey consent form in the survey web greeting. Some of our surveys can be time-intensive, so we also appreciate the "Save and Resume" option.

Cons

We always use the survey URL to launch, and sometimes the link the doesn't work and we need to include instructions for pasting the link in a browser, and that can be frustrating when our clients are disseminating the link. I feel it reflects poorly on our abilities to help them collect data. In terms of reporting, I'd like to see more options for Survey Methods generated graphics. We often have...

Thank you for the review. Over the coming months you will see more reporting options as that is one of the areas we're focusing on. We aim to be the best value in the market and do provide significant discounts for educational and not-for-profit organizations.

Great new alternative

Similar features to previous software, plus new features that we will be using. Also like the fact that we may be able to make this a shared standard - pending partner organization approvals.

Pros

Multiple automation features, easy to navigate (with a modest learning curve and online support)

Cons

Navigation is different than the software I used before, so I had to learn new procedures.

Thank you for your feedback! In addition to phone and email support, We've now added a new YouTube channel. It contains a video library with "How To" and Training Videos that customers can access anytime.

An important tool for our business

We have been using SurveyMethods for over 10 years. The system has been reliable, which is critical when you are relying on a third-party product to represent you to your clients. Support has been responsive whenever we have had questions and is very open to listening to suggestions for enhancements.

Pros

The ease of exporting the survey results so that we could do custom analysis has been the key to our leadership assessment and 360-degree survey offerings. It also scales nicely for when we need to just push out a 10 question survey quickly with a little bit of page logic. Finally, our clients like the suspend/resume feature so they can come back to an in-flight survey to complete it if they get interrupted.

Cons

The service is pretty robust. There are a few small feature requests we have made that will hopefully be considered for the future, but there are no major issues we have to tolerate to get our work done.

Thank you for the review. SurveyMethods continually ads new features and functionality based on our customer's feedback.

SurveyMethods is a phenomenal tool

We love SurveyMethods. It is very low cost while being a high performing tool. When we choose to use SurveyMethods for one of our projects I am relieved because I know it will be easy and I will get the data I need.

Pros

This software is easy to use. It only takes me a few minutes to create and edit surveys, even while live! The survey dashboard is easy to understand. It is simple to download results to share. I get great response rates through this platform (better than other platforms I use). The cost is so low and the programmers and support personnel are quick to respond. We use this platform for market research surveys as well as annual components of our overarching VoC program.

Cons

I would love it if SurveyMethods had a full NPS suite and data dashboard capabilities and global no-send rules :).

Thank you for the review and feedback. We continually add new features and functionality based on our customer's feedback.

Great functionality and customer support

We have used Survey methods to do research for articles and white papers and to support a variety of selection processes

Pros

Cons

I am satisfied and have no problems. I have used SurveyMethods for several years, and am very satisfied with the ease and flexibility of this service to make a wide variety of surveys. In addition, on a few occasions where I had to reach out to customer support, they were extremely responsive and helpful.

Thank you for the review! We're always eager to help our customers get the most out of the survey application to support their business or mission!

Survey Methods is the best!

We have been extremely pleased with both the software product itself, as well as the customer care we've received. As user friendly as the product is, I still had questions and needed a little "hand holding" at first. I cannot say enough wonderful things as to how painless an experience we've had with this company!

Pros

Extremely user friendly! Converts reports to Word easily. When a survey is live, you can watch it change as it's happening. Wonderful customer service! Affordable pricing.

Cons

I think everyone would always like to be able to edit/tweak reports more than a company allows, so this isn't really a "con" as much as it is a reality. We are provided ready-made reports, and we must utilize them as they come.

We appreciate the feedback and your review. Thank you!

Great survey tool for nonprofit organization

As a small nonprofit, we use the software for registration for meetings and doing surveys to get input from people who participate in our activities. It is very important to have a tool that is simple for the end user to complete and for the administrator to implement and get reports. I have found that it is a superior tool to the Constant Contact service that we use to have.

Pros

Survey Methods is easy to use and provides great reports that are easy to generate.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives with the software.

Thanks for the feedback Debra! We are happy that the application is working well for you but please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions or questions.

Much better than the what I had been using for years

I designed a self-assessment survey for sales skills. That is the primary need I have for a survey creation software program. I was able to convert the assessment instrument I had with another vendor to the SurveyMethods platform in about 20 minutes with no problems. I also now have the need to host Voice of the Customer surveys for one of my clients and I expect SurveyMethods will meet and/or exceed all of my expectations.

Pros

Ease of use and the better value than SurveyMethods' chief competitor--I'll bet you know who it is, too. The software has all the functionality I need and the fact that I can get a live person to answer my questions is a huge plus.

Cons

Nothing really...except I wish I had known about it much earlier

Thank you for the review. We value your business, let us know if we can be of assistance anytime!

Company survey

Helps me to provide useful feedback to organizations on executive performance and employee engagement. The tool is great; the report creation is cumbersome at best.

Pros

The support I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He and his associates helped me through some major difficulties in report creation. I can't say enough about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]: his sincere concern for me as a customer; and his excellent follow-up on all issues. he is a top level employee.

Cons

I have used this software for more than a decade. The newer versions of it are more difficult and less intuitive than previous versions, especially in survey analysis and report creation. What I was able to do before in 15-30 minutes took me hours, and I finally had to reach out for support.

Great Software for Research and Team Work

I think this is a great survey platform overall. It's relatively powerful and very affordable. The customer service SurveyMethods offers is also wonderful. Me and my colleagues have been quite satisfied with the platform and we look forward to being able to test more advanced features when they are available.

Pros

The team share feature makes it easy to collaborate between colleagues without the worry of messing records up, as only one user could have the edit right at a time.

Cons

I wish we'd be able to program the variable names in. Having this feature would really enhance the software capacity, as it'll help reduce the data cleaning time. I also know this is a feature currently unavailable from many popular survey platforms although it's in high demand. From this perspective, a platform with the capability of programming variable names in would really help distinguish itself from many other competitors. Also, it would be great if the platform could have the capability of "dynamic display" (i.e., skip logic built into a survey page where the right follow-up question(s) would pop-up on the same page of where the preceding question is displayed).

We're in a fortunate position to be able to serve a wide range of survey needs from simple to complex. Thank you for your feedback!

This is the best

My experience with Survey Methods spans over 15 years. In that time, I have never had an issue. My applications are key to my business model, not just a study from time to time. In all these years, I have never had a hiccup with Survey Methods. That to me is an outstanding record. This program is flexible, stable and functional.

Pros

The ability to configure your study is awesome. In addition, the processability to see progress of the study allows you to make necessary adjustments. It always works as you expect it to. Along with the ease of use, this is the best program of its type for any time of study from the most sophisticated to the simplest of studies. Finally, the cost/value equation for Survey Methods is the best in the industry.

Cons

There just are no issues with this software or the company. The improvements in the interface over the past few months have all been excellent.

Staying in tune with our membership

Survey Methods is used to access our members views, needs and priorities to allow us to better represent them. We also use it to allow for our organisation to democratically represent its members, ensuring that all members have an equal say no matter where they are or what shifts they work.

Pros

We are a member driven organisation that works over a large geographical area and with members on 24/7 rosters. Survey Methods allows us to get detailed feedback from our members at a time and place that is convenient to them. The interface is simple to use, woks across multiple platforms and has the flexibility to do more than just simple surveys.

Cons

As a small not for profit with variable usage it would be nice to have more pricing options, perhaps a fee per use.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. We continually look for new ways to provide value to our customers. Happy to hear we're helping your organization.

Survey Methods is a user-friendly and comprehensive survey tool generating easy-to-read results.

Using Survey Methods, our school was able to disperse questionnaires to all stakeholders of our community, and to use the data collected and analyzed through the software to further our organization's visions and goals. It was an essential tool for us during our school's accreditation process, and we relied heavily on the software to collect the necessary information for our school to successfully...

Pros

It is relatively easy and intuitive to set up questionnaires in Survey Methods, which provides options of anonymity of the interviewees. One feature that I especially like is that it allows you to download the results in various formats so that you can easily analyze the data collected. In addition, there are various types of charts and graphs for data display which makes publishing the results a very simple process.

Cons

Surveymethods is a very powerful and full featured survey program. We use it regularly.

Surveymethods allows us to evaluate our administration, our school services, major proposals requiring customer (parent) or staff input, and review the results in easy to digest reports, or with MS Excel. We think it does really well, and respondents generally find it easy to use.

Pros

SurveyMethods has a lot of capabilities and flexibility. We use it for staff and customer (parent) feedback, evaluations, student data gathering projects, staff opinion gathering for major decisions. We like that we can put together many different types of questions for various situations, and receive the data in several different formats (word, pdf, xls, etc). It allows us to do surveys that target specific people via email and remind them as many times as we want if they haven't responded. It also allows us to categorize responses by department, and many more subdivisions if needed. I'm fairly sure we don't use all of its capabilities but we really appreciate all of the functionality we use.

Cons

We've been using the software for at least 6 years now, and we find the interface relatively intuitive. For new users, we do have to get them acquainted with the key features and controls, which are many. I wouldn't say this is a complaint because this is to expected from a program that allows a lot of customization, output variables, confidentiality settings, outreach settings, etc.

Survey Access

I was very skeptical about getting a response from someone seeing as we are in different time zones, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on the phone right at 9:30 when office hours started and returned my call. He had me up and running in no time, was extremely attentive, helpful and pleasant to speak with on the phone.

Pros

It is very easy to use, we just need to make it a best practice to automatically send this out to the client upon completion of the engagement.

Cons

I think if we utilized the program more, we would have better feedback but at this time, no qualms.

Thank you so much for the review! SurveyMethods does provide an API to automatically launch surveys from 3rd party systems, such as a CRM. See the links in the Knowledge Base area of our website. https://help.surveymethods.com/launch-survey-remotely-via-api/

I've used others, but SurveyMethods has stayed my favorite. Personal and quick tech support!

Easy to use to create surveys, easy to launch and distribute, easy to analyze data, can download directly to slides, affordable, but #1 is their personal, quick, and helpful tech support has been there for me. They have helped me problem question format as well as any other technical issue. Even when I have the "duh" stupid questions they are patient and helpful. I feel like I have a personal working relationship with them and that can't be beat.

Pros

The technical support is key for me; it is awesome. Pricing is also good. Options for templates is helpful. Choices for question format is helpful including some complex formats. Easy to analyze and manipulate the data, especially with the download to excel.

Cons

I wish the skip logic was skip to question, rather than skip to page. But that isn't really a big deal to work with.

Survey Methods is a software that changes the way surveys should be conducted.

This software makes survey conducted in simple yet effective manner. Without this software, I think survey is tedious and time-consuming. Thank you for the developer of this software, alas surveying is both fulfilling and satisfying.

Pros

Survey methods is an online software tool that makes research surveys for my students interesting and dynamic. It is really an amazing survey mechanism that provides easy to use graphical user interface in flexible manner. It helps me as a teacher to make sound academic decisions based on the results of the surveys conducted. I like also the results of the surveys presented in different chart forms. Survey methods makes surveys simple, easy, enjoyable and responsive. I could definitely say that this software changes the way survey gets done.

Cons

Survey methods generates reports instantly, perfectly and accurately and so there is no reason not to like this software. It is the only software I rely whenever I conduct a survey and for me it has no features that I don't like.

Survey Methods has made it possible for us to assess and address the needs of our community

Pros

Survey Methods has a very user friendly interface. I can develop an extensive survey and have it launched in a matter of minutes. I can customize every aspect of the survey, including the message that users see before and following completion of the survey. The reporting options are phenomenal. I personally prefer the pdf reports that I can email directly out to my staff and board for their review and discussion. The ability to publish results that can be monitored in real time has been extremely useful for my team.

Cons

I have not experienced any needs that I have that has not already been addressed by Survey Methods..

Easy to Use Survey Tool

We’re very happy that we switched from SurveyMethods and have had no major issues while saving a lot of money. Customer support has been very helpful in solving any minor issues we encountered.

Pros

Extremely user-friendly survey tool. Good value. We switched from SurveyMonkey due to cost and were able to build and launch our surveys in a few minutes.

Cons

Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of SurveyMonkey but we didn’t use most of them anyway.

This software has enabled my school to collect and analyse data with ease

Pros

It is easy to create questionnaires either from scratch or by copying an existing questionnaire. The option of making the responses anonymous is also great . The results of analysis is presented simply with diagrams and can be shared via e-mails. Questionnaires can be resent with ease and it is possible to prevent multiple responses from one respondent. New features are added from time to time.

Cons

When questionnaires are being launched, each e-mail has to be entered on a different line. This makes the process slow if the the addresses were copied and pasted as one would need to go through to ensure that only one address is on each line.

Excellent product supported by excellent customer service.

Creating surveys has never been easier and editing is so simple. Being able to copy and share the surveys saves time and also allows me to monitor how students are progressing.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Students require no additional teaching before using it for themselves Very good range of questions types and with the ability for answers to be coded to enable data analysis in other statistical packages. Anonymity feature. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Minor niggles only. Finding the option to export the data is not intuitive. It would be useful to have the option to choose how answers are coded, especially when using academically validated questionnaires.

Easy to use, powerful analysis, and professional reports

We can easily evaluate how we're doing operationally and share high quality reports with funders and potential funders. It makes a big difference for us.

Pros

I've used all kinds of survey products over the years, from very basic to super sophisticated/expensive. I've been using SurveyMethods for several years now - mainly to do our customer satisfaction surveys. It's really easy to construct even complex surveys. Pushing them out via email, web or even in paper form is easy too, as is data entry. Once all the results are in, it's also been a doddle to create good looking, professional reports, suitable not simply for internal use but for our various funders and potential funders. On the rare occasions when I've wanted more analysis, I've been able to export the data and crunch away at it to my heart's content. If someone wanted a recommendation for survey s/w or service, I'd certainly suggest SurveyMethods. It's good stuff.

Cons

Surveys are extremely easy to set up and launch.

This software has helped our organization grow quickly and get animals adopted.

Pros

Ease of use. Walk through process to set up a survey. Support is very friendly and helpful. Survey results are emailed right to us quickly.

Superb Survey Software

I've used this software for close to 5 years and compared to other, more expensive options, this is the best value for your money!

Pros

Survey Methods is intuitive & flexible, the library of surveys is awesome and the reporting capability saves me considerable time.

Cons

Help videos have recently been added, which make some of the more advanced features much easier to apply.

Thank you for the review.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.