SurveyMethods Logo

SurveyMethods

Online survey creation and data analysis

SurveyMethods Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.58/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's relatively powerful and very affordable. The customer service SurveyMethods offers is also wonderful.

Mei-Chia F.

Quick responses that help us effectively help in making decisions that will benefit our school district.

JP

Julie P.

In addition, on a few occasions where I had to reach out to customer support, they were extremely responsive and helpful.

DS

D Scott H.

I'd say the biggest problem as we are an educational non-profit is that our annual cost has more than tripled and we had to reduce the number of survey accounts for our organization.

Maria C.

The word docs are incredibly awkward in their formatting, and can get wonky when you try to move things around.

Maria C.

It is the only software I rely whenever I conduct a survey and for me it has no features that I don't like.

Juvy M.

SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey Audience-logocaret
listing-logo

SurveyMonkey Audience

How would you rate SurveyMethods?

Great new alternative

Similar features to previous software, plus new features that we will be using. Also like the fact that we may be able to make this a shared standard - pending partner organization approvals.

Pros

Multiple automation features, easy to navigate (with a modest learning curve and online support)

Cons

Navigation is different than the software I used before, so I had to learn new procedures.

Thank you for your feedback! In addition to phone and email support, We've now added a new YouTube channel. It contains a video library with "How To" and Training Videos that customers can access anytime.

Great tool for easily gathering customer feedback

If you're looking for an easy-to-use survey solution, SurveyMethods is the best option I've come across. Highly recommended

Pros

We signed up and launched our customer survey in a matter of hours. The email import tool worked perfectly and I especially like the advanced email lists, which allowed us to send custom surveys to each recipient. Solid functionality at a very good price compared to the other solutions out there.

Cons

We would like to be able to use a custom URL using our company name. I discussed it with their customer support and it is supposed to be in the works but it's not available yet.

Thank you for the feedback! We are working on the custom URL feature and should have it available for Professional and Enterprise users towards the end of this year.

Great Product

We started using this product when we shifted some business to business from phone to online. This was about 2000. For international research, printed, available at any time surveys are the way to go.

Pros

This product works similarly to most of the survey products. Its less expensive and it has excellent service. There are people you can reach to address issues.

Cons

There are no real issues that we have found.

Thank you for the feedback! We will continue to work on improving the product and we look forward to helping you meet your survey needs!

Survey for the users

there is no problem faced by me at the time of used this software

Pros

it is very impactful and very useful for the survey and it is integrated software for the data management and data analysis.

Cons

it is user friendly and very easy to use and no updatation are required form my side

We love the ease of use in designing and sending surveys to compile information quickly.

Pros

Very easy for employees to learn and create surveys, and to personalize for different departments and their respondents.

Cons

At times not getting a person at the other end of customer support and having to leave a voicemail, however that is very minor in the big scheme of things because we do finally get our questions answered and able to come to an effective work solution.

Great Survey Software

Conducting a wide range of surveys including employee engagement surveys, customer opinion surveys, IT customer satisfaction surveys, enterprise risk surveys, workplace safety surveys, organizational effectiveness surveys and diversity, equity & inclusion surveys.

Pros

1. Extensive functionality 2. Ease of use 3. Logical design

Cons

1. Would like more standard reports generated by the SurveyMethods application. There are several reports I have in mind that would significantly enhance the product for users. 2. There are a few things that can be done to make the software more efficient for users. 3. Enable users to add their own rating scales to the library included with the survey.

More feature laden then Survey Monkey.

It is used to regularly gather information from a staff that is spread across the entire city in a dozen different clinics

Pros

Highly customizable interface. Features laid out in a thoughtful way. I have regularly recommended this software as the most intuitive to use.

Cons

preview can be awkward, but that may be more due to unfamiliarity with the interface. As users get more familiar with the product, it becomes much easier to use

best online survey product I've tried!

Pros

Survey Methods has excellent customer service and provides a free education account for our research. The anonymous feature allows us to collect data securely and in accordance with institutional ethical standards. The interface is easy for faculty and students to use and requires minimal to now training for student projects.

Cons

Survey Methods Exceeds Our Expectations!

I'm the marketing director for a school. I often send out surveys to our educators and students. This tool makes the process of creating and managing these surveys a breeze. We can't recommend it enough.

Pros

It is easy to use and understand. The learning curve is very short with this survey tool.

Cons

Nothing. It exceeds our expectations for every survey we've ever done.

The web site is excellent and very easy to use.

Pros

I like that the surveys are very easy to create and easily duplicated for new needs. The surveys are easily launched from the site or via url.

Cons

The analyze survey results page is a little bit hard to maneuver sometimes to figure out how to get the report results that you're looking for.

Perfect solution for tenant surveys

Great service, setup was a breeze and we will use them for our annual tenant survey for the foreseeable future. Highly recommend if you're looking for a simple, affordable solution.

Pros

We put together a tenant survey with their software in a matter of days. Super easy to use and we were able to get actionable results quickly using the advanced reporting module.

Cons

Interface is a little dated but it does everything we need it to do.

Thank you for the feedback! We are working on refreshing the look and feel of the interface and hope that you like what you see when we roll it out. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions.

Very positive software, easy to use, and effective

Pros

We enjoy the reports and different ways to analyze the data. This has been really helpful for our staff and board.

Cons

We have some difficulties with sharing the reports with our team as after we launch the report the weblink is quickly no longer active.

Wery useful tool that allows you to create a final product in a quick and efficient manner.

Pros

Survey methods is very easy to use and proves a quick setup. The export of data is easy to understand and useful for reporting.

Cons

It would be useful if the logic had the ability to be more complex. I would also love the ability to brand the survey a bit more with graphics of varying sizes.

I depend upon SurveyMethods to deliver secure and anonymous surveys. Love your product!

The greatest benefit is being able to confidently tell others that we conduct secure and anonymous elections.

Pros

It can be anonymous, plus the survey can be re-sent to those not yet responding. This means we get a better overall response to the survey.

Excellent online survey app

Pros

SurveyMethods is a great product that easily out-performs most costly apps such as Survey Monkey, which I had used for several years. Very intuitive and easy to learn as a first-time user. The customer service is great! Easy to contact and very responsive. Recently, they helped me when I needed to design a survey in three different languages, but still aggregate the results into a single file. SurveyMethods also has a flexible payment scheme which allows you to scale up or scale down depending on how much functionality you need for your particular survey.

Cons

I have not used the automatic report generator very much. OK for simple surveys but not the best for more complicated surveys. I converted the data to an Excel file and developed graphs for eventual use in PowerPoint.

SurveyMethods exceeded my expectations and drove measurable value

Easiest survey tool I’ve used, highly recommended... best for small and medium enterprises who don't have time to learn elaborate tools with 1,000s of features, complex interfaces, and confusing billing.

Pros

Highly intuitive interface. I regularly recommend this software to others both inside and outside of my organization.

Cons

I would like to be able to set numerical values for question responses and then automatically calculate certain values and averages for question blocks. I'm sure their product team is hard at work on this...

Thank you for the review. We are continually adding features and functionality to the application. The functionality you're asking about is on our development plan.

Excellent customer service

I am offering salary surveys to my clients, and I can customize them to each client, and be assured that I have great support from the company.

Pros

Intuitive, easy design and functionality.

Cons

Still adding new features that will help address my few concerns.

Thank you for the positive feedback Mary! We're happy you've had a good experience using the application and we look forward to building features to meet your needs in the future.

Choose SurveyMethods for your surveys if you need a fully-featured survey app for a reasonable price

Very happy with the product overall and the customer service has been great.

Pros

The service has pretty much all of the functionality of SurveyMonkey for a much better price. The Custom Report Builder really is an incredible product. We’ve pretty much built all of our reports before we launch the survey and then we can click a button whenever we want to update the data.

Cons

There could be more options to customize the chart types, colors, formatting, etc. We sometimes rebuild them in excel to have more formatting options.

Thank you for your review and the feedback. We're always reinvesting in the application and service so your response is valuable to us.

Survey Methods is an easy program to use with great features.

Pros

We like it because of its ease of setup and use. It allows us to survey our staff, parents, and students.

Cons

Very positive and great software to collect data in a profession way.

Data collection, survey storage, easily access data, able to copy surveys.

Pros

Love the options, ease of use, and skip logic. There are a variety of ways to collect data and send surveys out. I also like that there are few limitations with professional. Superior to others and there is a non-profit option for schools.

Cons

My only recommendation would be a little more versatility on the header graphics when setting up surveys.

Easy to create surveys with flexible, additional features.

Pros

The ease of creating the questionnaires. There is lots of assistance on creating proper survey questions.

Cons

The reports are not at intuitive as I would like. There are multiple steps to creating the report I want, and I have to rethink the process each time.

Best value survey product

Great!

Pros

We use SurveyMethods to get feedback from our clients. The application is very easy to use and affordable compared with the alternatives.

Cons

None encountered so far for us, or our clients.

Great software providing professional results. We would not consider using anything else.

Useful feedback from members about our products, services and events. We use this to improve what we provide and to assist in creating new products and services that are relevant to members.

Pros

Range of question types. Reporting options. Customizable welcome and thank you screens. Response tracking. Options to export to multiple formats. Easy analysis. Great graphs. Easy for non-technical staff to use.

Survey Methods Survey

Communication with the organization was always very responsive, without having to go over the issue time after time.

Pros

The software is put together very well and is easy to use. Especially for me, because I am a novice with regards to survey software. It has good templates and they are to the point of a survey.

Cons

I have not found any issues that concerned me.

Survey methods is easy to use and provides professional analysis of your data.

This product makes survey management simple and professional.

Pros

The ease to send out surveys, using the deployment method you choose. The built in choices give a lot of flexibility enabling you to send the survey with the best possible design.

Cons

There seem to be some restrictions in the reports. I often use the export feature to do further analysis in Excel.