Engagement Cloud Reviews

4.27/5 (155 reviews)

leticia baltayan

Easy to navigate and create campaigns. Wish it worked better with magento 2.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

We were able to send out more emails due to the easy use of the software. Wish other things were improved.easy to use. makes it simple for a person who is not very technical to send emails. support is good but only if the same tech person helps you out, seems like if they are not well informed it takes forever to get the help you need. at first our plan was well structured for our needs at the moment however as you grow it seems to be way more difficult to upgrade without having to more then triple your costs. they do not cap your images, so you can add as many images and files sizes you want. other companies like bronto charge you for extra space to upload images. this can be a problem since one day you will have to go into your image archive and delete old images that were used in past emails. so if a customer has your email in the inbox and you delete your images it will display a broken link. campaign reporting is another cool feature but it seems like the company still doesn't really have a good accurate reporting as google analytics so its kinda pointless to have reporting in their platform if they do not have accurate reporting. if you are looking for a platform like this, I suggest you get a plan that allows room for growth. for promoters that like using emojis in their subject lines, this company does offer a good amount of different icons. AB testing is really easy to implement as well. Switching and managing multiple accounts is also easy to use. their mobile features are cool, but are not always coded to adjust to where things don't break or look odd in the emails.

Anonymous

Good email marketing platform for a reasonable price

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Dotmailer helped us send much more effective marketing campaign emails. Audience segmentation is easier than before. We're now sending personalized triggered campaigns to customers. Our transactional emails are now templated and much easier to update. Emails view better on mobile devices. Company was overall pleasant to work with through onboarding process.Full-featured email platform at a cost lower than most competitors. UI is straightforward and functional, relatively fast. I don't have much trouble finding what I'm looking for. Onboarding, knowledge base, and technical support meant I learned the platform pretty quickly. Technical support has always replied quickly and is usually helpful. Program builder for triggered emails is easy to use, and powerful. Segmentation tool works well. Able to template and send all our transactional emails at no additional cost.

Rudy Pramana

Excellent Email Automation for Magento

Reviewed 2018-08-17

If you are looking for a simple to use email automation system with Magento, it is probably one of the top choice. However if you are handy and like to create your own logic and unique segmentation from your email interaction, it may not be sophisticated enough.It works well if you are using Magento as your e-commerce platform. It is easy to use and the integration logic with Magento is very simple to execute. The package also comes with survey forms, SMS and ability to create landing pages. If you are new to email automation, this system may be a good start to get you familiar with logics and scheduling.

James Mallinson

Overall, I personally enjoy Dotmailer's interface and functionalities. I think it is easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-02-15

- Dotmailer's drag and drop functions - Segments are easy to use - Easy Landing Page editing - Easy survey creation - Speed has increased since I started using it nearly 2 years ago - Customer support is fantastic

Naomi Tenabe

Brilliant mailing platform.

Reviewed 2018-05-21

I like the Dotmailer support team , they were very helpful while we first began using this solution and they have been helpful at every step during these past few months.As a sales and marketing specialist ; I was able to reference the Dotmailer support team approach to my team ,as an example of how to provide effective product support to users. I have got very little knowledge of html and I have been able to use this solution to create newsletters still ,all thanks to their easy editor which removes the need to leverage on a programming background to get work done. I must admit though ,that for my marketing colleagues who have got a better programming knowledge ; they create better newsletter templates than I do. It has an high email delivery ratio and we are able to monitor the number of recipients who opened our newsletter emails.

Anne Winslow

Create great-looking responsive emails without knowing CSS/HTML

Reviewed 2017-10-23

Don't know CSS? HTML a little rusty? No problem. The email editor in dotmailer will let you create gorgeous, personalized, responsive emails with an easy drag-and-drop interface. I should qualify all of this by saying that we purchased the Silver package for custom email template first, and developed all future emails and templates from that starting point. Favorite feature: the ability to save sections of any email and then drag and drop them into future emails. Other things you will love: robust reporting, highly visual interface for automation workflows and quick and simple personalization. If you primarily need a tool for email (including automation), I don't think you will find a better platform.

Jennifer King

As a new user of the Dotmailer software, I quickly found that it is user-friendly and robust .

Reviewed 2018-02-16

I was quickly able to build my skill in creation of emails, reach a wider audience, and push relevant content to the email list. I enjoy the drag-and-drop campaign builder and segmentation that are offered, I find that our organization can go back regularly to templates and rebuild similarly styled emails. I also find that Dotmailer helps us reach our audience in the most sophisticated way through Programs that are uniquely tailored to the email subscriber.

Stephanie Gruwell

It's only as powerful as your ability to use it

Reviewed 2018-08-17

Originally, we thought it was terrible. We wanted to quit and felt it was too expensive. Oddly - and by accident - we found where all of these people were signing up to subscribe to our newsletter and we didn't know it. We are small and reliant on one person to know how to do those things and it was eye opening for us. As soon as we figured out what was going on, both my husband and I began to play with it a little more and enjoyed coming up with campaigns and ideas. The power is really knowing the ins and outs of the application.For us (small online retailer), we love the ability to craft targeted emails based on what the customer is buying or is sitting in their cart. We were also able to use it to ask customers for business and product reviews.

Samantha Garcia

Best Emailing Software

Reviewed 2018-05-02

The ease of use. Setting up the design of emails is super easy compared to other softwares I've used. When I used Bronto Iwould have to set up the template using code. But on dotmailer I can easily drag and drop photos and text wherever I please and can quickly adjust colors, boarders, and spacing. It also has unique dynamic content options allowing you to pull things from your site and display them on the email. My favorite dynamic content feature is how you are able to have images/text change depending on who is opening the email. I often would send out offers with domestic only shipping and a separate one for international shipping, but using dotmailer I can have these both in the same email but depending on where I customer is located they see the offer relevant to them.

Travis Romine

Comprehensive feature set, great upgrade from Chimp!

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Magento integration, segmentation and advanced subscriber targeting.The Magento integration is terrific, you can really give your subscribers email offers tailored to their interests. That's such a crucial part of email marketing. The added bonus of the surveys and module/opt-in forms are amazing for a product in this price range. Listrak is charging one of my clients 20k/yr extra for some of the features baked into Dotmailer. I'll be moving them over to DM soon.

Yusra Khan

A MUST BUY SOFTWARE!

Reviewed 2018-02-13

The landing page builder makes it really easy to build nicely designed landing pages that helps our lead generation campaigns. We are utilizing DotMailer to market to the emails we gather at events which we were unable to reach before.The interface design is clean and organized making it easy to find what you're looking for. Dotmailer s extremely flexible, it allows creating complex layouts on emails without sacrificing client cross-compatibility too much. The best feature offered by Dotmailer is Email Automation Programs. My organization was able to set up a Welcome email series for different people. The easy editor makes creating emails fun. Great customer service from support. the cost is extremely fair and the account managers are really great.

Carly Boulier

Easy to Use Editor, Endless Custom Targeting Options

Reviewed 2018-02-15

I love the Easy Editor. That is where I work the most creating the visual aspects of the campaign so this is really important to me. Moving things around is very intuitive and yet allows for complex designs. I love that I can create personal building blocks, so that I can duplicate a design from one campaign to the next without having to redo everything. It makes your own content reusable.

Anonymous

Plays well with Magento 2 and is relatively inexpensive but lacks bells & whistles other ESPs have

Reviewed 2018-05-02

for basic blast campaigns it works fine and integrates pretty easily with Magento.Integrates well with Magento 2, relatively straightforward workflow tool and WYSIWIG email editing. Creating custom segments is fairly straightforward too.

Rustan Robertson

We love Dotmailer. It's easy to use, cost-effective, and has the features that benefit our company.

Reviewed 2018-02-16

List segmentation and data gathering make it easy for us to target the people who are most likely to buy. The development team works hard to continuously improve the platform, so there are lots of new features with each release, so it feels like it's never getting stagnant or underperforming from other platforms on the market.

Fielding Posson

Great

Reviewed 2018-05-02

Increase in ordersFlexibility, ease of use. Drag and drop editor makes it easy to get new people up and running with making email content for us. Program builder is pretty sick also.

Sean Tinney

Very pleasent

Reviewed 2018-02-15

easy to use email design feature. I can design and personalize my emails without the support of a creative department.

Mackenzie Gokey

Have not used to the full extent, but full of capabilities

Reviewed 2018-11-16

The most used function of dotmailer for our organization currently is the automation. Using Facebook primarily for leads, it is nice that we can link up these systems to hit leads in their email right when we get them. We are going to start using dotmailer for newsletters and such, but this requires a little more learning on their site which I have just not had time to do yet. I do like designing emails in dotmailer, and once you have a basic format, it is pretty seamless.

Murray Cowell

Good software spoilt by arrogant company attitude

Reviewed 2018-11-03

Dotmailer used to be great software, leading the way with WYSIWYG editors and simple automation and segmentation tools. Over the past 2-3 years, others have caught up and overtaken Dotmailer. Their response is to focus on large companies with big budgets, as a result of which they have priced themselves out of the market for smaller businesses. When dealing with anyone except tech support, the attitude is often extremely arrogant and unhelpful. There's other software available that does the same thing, with better support.Easy to use, intuitive interface Great features - although many of these are very expensive add-ons Automation Superb technical support

Susan Wisbey-Smith

I've been a DotMailer user for years, and have found this system to be one of the most reliable.

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Ease of use, and reliability. I like the automation features. Support is readily available. Well priced.

Dotmailer Success

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Coming from an almost zero experience with email marketing, engaging Dotmailer has helped us see our best growth year to date.We really enjoyed the ease of setting up campaigns after we learned how to. It's been a very useful tool in expanding our reach.

Excellent Experience!

Reviewed 2018-05-02

Easy to use and made our business move at a lightning pace. We increased conversion beyond what we ever had done in the past.

Simon Scott

Email Marketing Managed.

Reviewed 2018-09-28

I cannot sing the praises of Dotmailer enough, by far the best email marketing tool out there. All our outbound promotional email marketing is managed through the portal along with several of our clients too

Chris Merritt

Powerful with Some Flaws

Reviewed 2018-11-20

dotmailer is a great platform that allows for some powerful means of mass messaging/emailing. It took my company quite some time to get onboarded because of the degree of difficulty in setting up the automated campaigns. It would be highly recommended if the interface was cleaned up a bit and the overall UX was better.dotmailer has the ability to do most of what you will need out of a marketing automation platform. It can send automated campaigns via email, SMS message and even Facebook Messenger. Once the programs are up and running it is a powerful tool in a company's marketing mix.

Jeff King

A great tool that's simplified my life as a digital marketing professional.

Reviewed 2018-02-15

The user interface is simple to use and offers a great user experience when building email campaigns. The tools provided to build email campaigns make those of us without a design background look like a genius. The drag and drop features make building custom templates a breeze. The simplicity of the interface shouldn't distract from the powerful software that allows for automation email programs. The customer service is second to none. A top notch support team quickly identifies and resolves any issues. Our customer success manager analyzes our campaigns and provides helpful insights to make each one more effective.

Anonymous

Overall Dotmailer is an extremely user friendly platform. It also helps that their team is helpful!

Reviewed 2018-02-15

The Marketing Automation program has been amazing in building our email subscriber list over the past year!The drag and drop ability. and the analytics dashboard. Those two features make building emails and analyzing data super easy.