Fomo Logo

Social proof marketing & conversion optimization platform

Fomo Reviews

Suggested alternatives

one-call-now
alertmedia-mass-notification
deskalerts

We were also incredibly impressed with the support team at FOMO. They were friendly, responsive, and very helpful.
Their customer care is excellent and you get the feeling that they really know their stuff. And I also like their marketing, it's actually quite funny).
I like this software because it is very aesthetically pleasing, my customers like it, and the team is very responsive.
Some customers on the website find it very annoying to get these notifications and there is no way to turn them off for specific customers.
The problem I face is that it Does not Integrate with my ESP or other Marketing Platforms.

GC

George C.

Marketing Consultant

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Snazzy and cool out of the box

Transcript

George: Hi, my name's George. I'm a marketing consultant. I give Fomo four out of five stars. For more...

DL

David L.

E-Learning, self-employed

A Pain Or A Booster?

Wondering how much the founder bought a domain name like that? Hmm...

Pros

Many marketers like to use a tool like this in order to boost their sales. The pros of this tool? - plenty of integrations. They've got integration with most of the popular tools in the market. - easy to use, the dashboard is pretty straightforward and comes with an analytics section. - their uniqueness vs similar tools in the market is theirs come with different display options a.k.a Feed Display and lately Portal display. You might find these two options useful if you think the common bottom left corner pop up irritating. I personally choose FOMO because of this. - lastly, their support is pretty fast too.

Cons

- I think the only Cons with this tool is their charges that is slightly higher compared to other similar tools in the market. But since they are offering more features, I still think it is fair and not overpricing. To me, I prefer to display the FOMO in a more subtle way.

PB

Pam B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Fomo social proof increasing impact for a non-profit

We are able to easily provide social proof of others taking action for our cause, thereby encouraging more action. I have tried other similar tools and Fomo was by far the most flexible and easy to set up. It has only been a few months now and we look forward to the months ahead as we push their capabilities more.

Pros

The three things I like most about Fomo are: 1. It has the flexibility to do what we need for each of our websites and enough options to even keep our designer happy, which is no small feat with anything out of the box. 2. Easy implementation, even for an non-tech person. I was worried about being able to do it myself, but the dashboard is well laid out, the instructions were easy to understand and the structure in mercifully logical. 3. Great support, always prompt and helpful.

Cons

As we look at rolling out some global campaigns I was very concerned about being able to support a per transaction pricing model, however, they showed me how I can mitigate that and still have effective social proof, and Fomo offers generous support for non-profits. So far I don't have any other cons to report.

Jordan R.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

I don't think it increased sales, but it was a good feature to have, it just needed to be customized to be a little less spammy and it looked professional

Pros

Works exactly as described. Did have a good notification design and ease of use for the interface. It worked great and required zero technical skills

Cons

Wish there were more customization options for number of notifications/ for how long ago the customer pops up and in what order.

ss

senu s.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

FOMO Review

FOMO takes my Facebook ads campaign to a completely new level

Pros

FOMO is a conversion optimization tool that I use to get a lot of return on my Facebook ads spent. It's timely push notification triggers my prospects to take action because it serves as social proof. I personally use FOMO on all my marketing sales funnels and lead pipeline to optimize my campaign. It has an outstanding value proposition

Cons

There is no problem with FOMO because after all my conversion is guaranteed

CE

Chaz E.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Fomo is great for social proof and can also drive sales

Pros

We definitely see the value in Fomo for both social proof and can track analytics that shows sales have also resulted from this app. There are a lot of features that make this app stand out from its major competitor - pricing is better, the ease of use of the dashboard is better, and the code seems to have less of an impact on our page load times. Specifically, for our private label SEO site. Fomo has resulted in a fair number of successful purchase completions. But more importantly, in my opinion, than the sales that resulted is that it is a powerful motivator for visitors to our website when they see all of the sales happening.

Cons

The one drawback was the Fomo wordpress plugin for woocommerce didn't integrate correctly. We solved it easily by adding the script directly to the footer but it would have been nice had the initial confusion hadn't existed at all. Support was quick to clarify the issue so it was only a minor inconvenience.

DD

Danielle D.

Design, self-employed

Amazing for Conversions!

Pros

Super easy to set up & has helped tremendously with my conversion rate. It's the perfect way to build trust and show credibility to your visitors and show credibility. Their customer service team is also super friendly & always happy to help. Highly recommend it if you sell products on your website! Fomo is a great return on investment.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about Fomo so far.

IV

Ingrid V.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great tool - great support!

Pros

The notifications of FOMO have great impact in our sales. And I specially enjoy the personalized support we get.

Cons

I would like to see features that allow you to block notifications for employees, for example.

RV

Robertas V.

Best Social Proof Tool That You Can Find

Pros

Integration is super easy compared to another competitor of Fomo that we have been using, just one line of code in the header does all the necessary work. Integrations like "Trustpilot reviews notification" is a gem. Seamless editing of the notifications and their rules are fantastic.

Cons

At first, it seemed a lot to take in and learn, but with their short guides you can learn everything that is needed.

Great for Businesses That Wants to Showcase social proof

Adds the extra subtle push for closing the ecom sales. Usecase can be wider with their 55 native integrations but yet to really explore. Not a big issue but their live support seems to be away most of the time too.

Pros

No fake social proof allowed, at least in their approach! Unlike many of the inferior similar sorts, FOMO definitely sticks to its GET REAL marketing proof. And yes, the domain name aptly describes its product.

Cons

Facebook marketing is huge and there is no native fb reviews integration. Not sure why they did not prioritize Facebook Page reviews into one of their 55 integrations. That was one of the obstacle initially faced before i decide to go onboard with them.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

FoMo is awesome! But malfunctions sometimes.

Pros

Cons

I dislike that it breaks all the time. The team behind it is very helpful though, so it's ok, I am going to stick with Fomo.

AC

Andrew C.

Retail, self-employed

It’s easy and it works!

I like that it helps to build confidence in my store, in the eyes of visitors, by showing that others are shopping there. I also see many occasions where I sell one unit of a slow mover and within hours I sell another. I attribute this to FOMO popups.

Pros

This product is easily set up on a Shopify store. It definitely drives conversions by showing website visitors that the site is busy and others are buying.

Cons

I wish the pop up was more customizable - there only a few options / colour schemes / layouts available.

AT

Adam T.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Everything from install to customer experiences has been seamless!

Great customer interaction and helps ensure the customers that they are purchasing from an establish brand.

Pros

Easy install. The ability to customize the aspects that we want but not so many options that it becomes unusable.

Cons

I really can't think of much that I don't like. Possibly a little easier ability to brand and customize that aspect of the popup.

DG

Daniel G.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

FOMO has helped increase conversions better than imagined.

Increases conversions and helps customers make decisions regarding what to purchase.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it helps new, less experienced customers easily decide which products to purchase based on what other customers are buying. When buying spirits online, there are so many choices and it can be overwhelming for first time visitors. But when they choose a product based on popups that show product reviews, number of purchases per product, and more, it gives them peace of mind knowing that others have already tried and enjoyed the product.

Cons

We have been using FOMO for only a few months but there have been no cons so far. Some minor issues with WooCommerce on mobile. But the issues have since disappeared after WooCommerce was updated.

SC

Steve C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Never before have I had such awesome support

I've struggled with plug-ins for my website ever since, well, ever since I've had a website. I wanted to test this social proof extension, but it wasn't working on my site. The developer, responded better than I have ever known, with prompt and considered support to get his software working on my site - and now it does - exactly as it should. As a marketing agency I wanted to test this on one of...

Pros

It is simple yet effective

Cons

As yet, nothing

SV

Stephanie V.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Great app so far! Easy to install and works right away!

Pros

I'm currently on the second day of the free trial and it's working well so far! It makes the site look better and I love how it's so easy to install. Will definitely be continuing once the trial period is over. I definitely think it's a must have feature if you have an e-commerce website.

Cons

So far nothing yet! The only thing I couldn't do was upload a photo to the dummy and when I clicked on it the URL was broken. I'm not sure if that was a fault on our end when we set up or if this feature is not available yet.

MM

Mathew M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Fantastic product to increase conversions. Highly recomended!

More leads and conversions for clients

Pros

I have used the Fomo software on several of my clients websites. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and we have seen huge increases in conversion rates for clients.

Cons

None that I have found yet. The one time I did need support, it was handled very quickly through live chat.

NK

Nadia K.

Fomo has been a great addition to my Shopify store. Easy to install and use, decent conversion lift.

Pros

Very easy to install and very easy to use. Provided a decent conversion lift to my overall e-commerce store.

Cons

I would love this software to be combined with a review and referral based program. Though as it stands, it's good value for the product.

SS

Salil S.

Love the product... we have seen a clear uptick in user engagement with Fomo

Pros

- Number of integrations - Ease of updating card design - Rules to manage where the updates show vs do not show .Does what it says! Overall very happy with the tool. Requires no time and automates our team's task!

FS

Fabian S.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

A nice way to show User interactions for Marketing Purposes on an otherwise non-interactive webpage

Transparency for our customers and a feeling of not being alone on the platform

Pros

We really like, that you are able to shoot over any data, that you want and it is able to show that to users. A big pro is, that they make it quite impossible to shoot fake data and this makes it a highly trustable marketing funnel

Cons

Usablility is sometimes a bit odd, but you get along quite fast. I'd like to have some more customization options. Esp the chance to show more than one Notification at once.

JO

Jody O.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

FOMO works! Sales increased when I installed this app.

Increased sales. It also gives my store a trust factor I could not obtain without it.

Pros

This software is easy to install, it integrates seamlessly with my store, customer service is exceptional and customers respond. I often see sales of an item that has just sold or just been reviewed. Social proof is so important for any online store. This app has really made a difference especially since I am a new online store.

JA

Jinnie A.

Easy to install, quick results

Social proof brought directly to our customers as they shop our website.

Pros

This product was recommended to us several of our marketing partners and we skeptically implemented. It was relatively easy to install and has demonstrated results.

Cons

We had some minor issue with setup and implementation but their team was able to resolve them quickly. We used their chat function to resolve these issues.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Silly name, great to use!

Fomo's software is a really interesting concept and helpful for selling.

Pros

Fomo is a straightforward tool with an easy dashboard and helpful analytics. The customization is also helpful.

Cons

There is not much to criticize about this product! Some features are not super intuitive but it is overall pretty easy and I hear support is great.

ML

Mark L.

Great Confidence Builder for Customers

Overall experience has been good. No issues.

Pros

We implemented this software several months ago and really like the impact that is has had on our new customers.

Cons

That we can't block the pop-up from triggering on our company IP addresses so it skews notifications some.

JP

Julien P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Fomo has been amazing for our website!

Conversions and more sales.

Pros

The fact that it helps give social proof with our customer and we are able to show them how others are buying our products. It helps with conversions.

Cons

The frequency to change our popups was a little difficult but besides that everything seems to be great.

MV

Mihai V.

So far so good, easy to set up with a ton of integrations available.

Pros

Easy to integrate and go live. Literally took like 100 minutes. Lot's of way to integrate with site and with payment gateway.

Cons

The only downside for me is cost, but perhaps it's because I haven't see any bump in conversions so far (it's early though)