Fomo Logo
Fomo

Social proof marketing & conversion optimization platform

visit website

Fomo Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.29/10

See full reviews by rating

We were also incredibly impressed with the support team at FOMO. They were friendly, responsive, and very helpful.
Their customer care is excellent and you get the feeling that they really know their stuff. And I also like their marketing, it's actually quite funny).
I like this software because it is very aesthetically pleasing, my customers like it, and the team is very responsive.
Some customers on the website find it very annoying to get these notifications and there is no way to turn them off for specific customers.
The problem I face is that it Does not Integrate with my ESP or other Marketing Platforms.
Not sure why they did not prioritize Facebook Page reviews into one of their 55 integrations. That was one of the obstacle initially faced before i decide to go onboard with them.

GC

George C.

Marketing Consultant

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Snazzy and cool out of the box

Transcript

George: Hi, my name's George. I'm a marketing consultant. I give Fomo four out of five stars. For more...

We use Fomo in our e-commerce store to encourage purchases.

Pros

I love that it shows we have active customers purchasing. This can be particularly exciting during a big sale or release. It lets customers feel like they're part of the action even though purchasing on a site is a fairly stagnant activity.

Cons

This is a fairly simple software so I don't see any large ways it needs to improve. We have a fairly simple aesthetic though so we're not looking for any crazy designs or options for this.

AG

Andy G.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Great program, I just didn't see a large uptick in conversions during Christmas time

I can't really say at this time as it was very confusing to see whether there were benefits.

Pros

Easy to upload and use. Very simple user interface and once it's going you can immediately see them on your site.

Cons

Difficult to quantify the increased conversion. It was difficult to see what the impact was on the customer while on the site. I expected a lot more conversions with this program and at this point I don't know if it made any difference at all.

JO

Jody O.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

FOMO works! Sales increased when I installed this app.

Increased sales. It also gives my store a trust factor I could not obtain without it.

Pros

This software is easy to install, it integrates seamlessly with my store, customer service is exceptional and customers respond. I often see sales of an item that has just sold or just been reviewed. Social proof is so important for any online store. This app has really made a difference especially since I am a new online store.

JH

Jeff H.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

We were able to quickly Customize this software to fit our needs!

It helped boost our conversion rate a sustained 25% percent!

Pros

It easily boosted our conversion rate on desktop and tablet by helping us display new reviews people had left and customize it exactly to our needs!

Cons

The experience using it with Shopify was a little confusing as we accidentally signed up for two accounts. You just need to sign up for one account through the shopify app store, not through their website directly!

Public Safety,

Great concept for an app - does exactly what the name suggests!

Pros

Pop-up FOMO feed & integrations with a variety of software we already use = great. I appreciate that it creates some stress/motivation for visitors.

Cons

Designing the pop-ups is a little cumbersome, difficult to make them look 100% right (perhaps with some CSS the end-result would be better, but I'm looking for no-code solutions). Also wish FOMO had ability to work with promo codes/coupons with expiry

GF

Guilherme F.

Design, self-employed

An Awesome tool, easy setup, nice layout and very usewfull for any kind of business

More interactive page

Pros

The way we can increase our social value and improve visits on produt pages! Fomo engages potential customers, and when users see a nice product in the widget he just need to click on it and then purshase the product.

Cons

This tool affects the load time of our sites, but worth it! And in my installation (integrated with woocommerce) somtimes the field {{time_ago}} don't appear

JA

Jinnie A.

Easy to install, quick results

Social proof brought directly to our customers as they shop our website.

Pros

This product was recommended to us several of our marketing partners and we skeptically implemented. It was relatively easy to install and has demonstrated results.

Cons

We had some minor issue with setup and implementation but their team was able to resolve them quickly. We used their chat function to resolve these issues.

Erin H.

Intuitive and easy to set up--important for a non-coding marketers like me

Great social proof. Easy to use. Looks slick. Has impressed all the right people :)

Pros

It was crazy easy to set up. I didn't have to google any terms. They even insert the code for you if you want! The toasters look great and integrate with Zapier, which is important for my workflows.

Cons

It's a bit pricey, but since we're selling a high-cost item, all indications thus far are that it's worth it.

Dianna S.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Great software, lot's of features and integrations

Overall this software is amazing, the only thing that causes me to pass is that I am just starting out and I don't have the money to pay the high monthly fee. I highly recommend a freemium plan.

Pros

1) 80+ integrations plus diy 2) 14/15-day trial 3) Unlimited notifications 4) Unlimited sites 5) There are a lot of different ways to indicate different events like visitors, buyers, etcetera. 6) Theme builder 7) multiple translations available

Cons

1) No freemium option for people just starting out 2) Credit card required, even during the free trial 3) PayPal only available on annual plans

Brian Del Terzo C.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Exactly what I was looking for to implement social proof on our website.

I have to admit that I got a little hung up during implementation. The purpose I was implementing FOMO was for the social proof to visitors of others filling out our contact forms... This required the implementation of a beta feature that did exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Pros

The solution was very easy to understand and implement.

Cons

A few more options for the look and feel of the notifications would be nice.

Vitali K.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

One of the best services social proof

Really increases the credibility of your site Social proof is really works

Pros

Just a huge amount of integration with apps Google Analytics to measure conversions Custom web form integration Super Sized Fomo promotion Frequent updates and improvements

Cons

Expensive for such a service Tariffs are not based on unique visitors, but on the number shown notifications

MR

Mark R.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Amazing and easy to use

I love using fomo, it's a fantastic tool, and I can see from the new ads centre they are pushing to expand into new areas.

Pros

Easily integrates with other systems User friendly Drives leads and conversions

Cons

If your card is securely locked to avoid fraud and they attempt to charge and fail the service is immediately switched off. A day or 2 would be great to fix it.

LC

Lalania C.

Proof at a fair price

I haven't run into any problems, and when I thought I had one, they were quick to point me in the right direction.

Pros

I tried another software that offered a similar service. It was twice the price and didn't offer the customization. Fomo allows you to add your own logo, change the timing and style of the pop-ups, and has great help when you have questions.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Silly name, great to use!

Fomo's software is a really interesting concept and helpful for selling.

Pros

Fomo is a straightforward tool with an easy dashboard and helpful analytics. The customization is also helpful.

Cons

There is not much to criticize about this product! Some features are not super intuitive but it is overall pretty easy and I hear support is great.

Andrew M.

Consumer Electronics,

Great way to reinforce social proof.

Social Proof for customers

Pros

Ease of implementation, and simplicity are easily the best parts of FOMO. We had it up and running within no time, and customers are seeing sales every day.

Cons

Not a whole lot - It's well built and lean. Maybe more customization, or introducing more tools to add social proof in addition to the pop-ups.

KD

Kyle D.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

The power of social proof

Pros

- super powerful software, social proof is amazing - will boost conversions on your site - very customizable - great integrations - customer support is fantastic.

Cons

- set up can be challenging at times but stick with it and you will be rewarded! - templates vs events can be a little difficult to understand at first

Retail,

Good app. Monitoring to see effect it has on conversions.

Pros

Ease of installation to Shopify store and ease of use. It was very easy to set up. Email stay updates with key statistics are great as well.

Cons

Worried it creates customer frustrations when browsing site in mobile due to smal screen and too many pop ups. Have to monitor if it's thnot case

OB

Owen B.

Great product. Does what it says and engages our web visitors

Pros

Simplicity without loss of functionality integration ability Customisation of display, frequency and more

Cons

not much to dislike to be honest. We were originally able to manually add events to bolster our actual on-site events but that seems to have been removed. It was a handy feature.

JP

Julien P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Fomo has been amazing for our website!

Conversions and more sales.

Pros

The fact that it helps give social proof with our customer and we are able to show them how others are buying our products. It helps with conversions.

Cons

The frequency to change our popups was a little difficult but besides that everything seems to be great.

BF

Brian F.

The best of them

Pros

I've tried other social signals services. This one was the most customizable and affordable. Their support also has reached out to me many times just to check in.

Cons

Some visual bugs, that's about it. There's tons of integration... Really no cons that I can think of.

ML

Mark L.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great Confidence Builder for Customers

Overall experience has been good. No issues.

Pros

We implemented this software several months ago and really like the impact that is has had on our new customers.

Cons

That we can't block the pop-up from triggering on our company IP addresses so it skews notifications some.

NR

Nathan R.

Fomo is a great tool to showcase interaction on any website! I highly recommend it!

Pros

It is easy to install, easy to use, and really showcases the growth in our business. If you want a solution to showcase what's going on, Fomo is your answer!

Cons

It would be cool if you could showcase even more on the popup or sync up with a sign up mailing list.

MV

Mihai V.

So far so good, easy to set up with a ton of integrations available.

Pros

Easy to integrate and go live. Literally took like 100 minutes. Lot's of way to integrate with site and with payment gateway.

Cons

The only downside for me is cost, but perhaps it's because I haven't see any bump in conversions so far (it's early though)

11-50 employees

Exactly what we wanted

Pros

Great marketing tool. It makes the site feel more "active". It hasn't been tested against a variation yet though.

Cons

Can get expensive very quickly. It's hard to estimate initial costs. Some people complain that the notifications are distracting.

JM

Jon M.

Great effective service.

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. Can always count on the software to perform and capture the data effectively.

Cons

Some improvements could be made to the mobile interface. I would prefer if there was an option to change the size of mobile notifications.