OpsGenie

Modern IT incident management and response solution

OpsGenie Reviews

Pros

Great price compared to similar software, feature set is pretty decent, interfaces are nice and detailed activity log is super nice.

EG

Eren G.

OpsGenie has great functionalities with an awesome user-friendly interface that anyone can understand.

Abraar A.

Ease of use, it has wide options of integration, very easy to integrate with other tools, good support, website experience is nice, it is fast.

Deepak D.

Cons

Any (minor) troubles I've had turned out to be something I was doing wrong.

Phil A.

It's hard to setup rotations and override on calls in some cases. If I removed one person from the team rotation, all the past rotations that were done also got moved and messed up the whole schedule.

AA

Alisha A.

The mobile application refresh is awkward and non-intuitive.

DB

Douglas B.

Very useful paging tool

Transcript

Anshuman B.: Hi, I'm Anshuman and I'm working as a security engineer. I would like to rate OpsGenie four...

Happy OpsGenie customer

Pros

* Very configurable * Many integrations * Logical structure * Highly available

Cons

Difficult to get started, however, the the complexity pays off when trying to customize it.

OpsGenie is the correct solution for us.

Excellent

Pros

Exceeds expectations. Is always available and performs the alerting needed.

Cons

The mobile app does not provide access to the same information as the browser inteface.

It is easy to edit, user-friendly and has amazing features of syncing up with communication tools.

Pros

Sync-Up feature with other tools like Slack/Hipchat. I am a daily user and the navigation and search options are pretty attractive.

Cons

The notes section can be made better, there is a notes button and then we see the notes. I think this can be improvised. Earlier, having used service-now, I am used to seeing notes in a better format.

Really useful, reliable and easy to use service.

Pros

I really like the common way the service works. You never miss an alert, because you get notified by any possible way. The option to work with GitHub is really useful to me and my team.

Cons

There's actually no such thing. One thing that i didn't like is that i have to login each time that i use the app on IOS (using iPhone 5s)

It does what it should

Pros

We use OpsGenie to Alert our OnCall Team. It offers different ways to be alerted.

Cons

It is a bit expensive. When we started using OpsGenie it was more affordable

Ops Genie for production support.

OpsGenie removes the need for a real person to monitor things. It gives the user a way to submit or bypass jobs, if everything is setup correctly.

Pros

It can send notification in multiple methods - phone, email, text.

Cons

The phone notification is so hard to understand. You just know something abended and you need to go logon and check it out.

mostly flawless, does what it promises

Pros

Cons

There are some missing integrations. When it comes to other software, OpsGenie seems to be not as popular as some competitors and thus they don't have integration towards OpsGenie.

Review for Ops Genie

Fantastic

Pros

Functionality is the main thing I like about this product. It is crystal clear and transparent.

Cons

I can say none but for the sake of it I have missed a couple of push notifications from Ops Genie when my on-call was started. But a pro in the con too.... I never missed it for an configured alert!!

OG review

Pros

I like that I can use this software for live alerting for security use

Cons

I am not sure if I have any cons as of yet. I'll keep you updated

We use OpsGenie to successfully monitor our servers all over the world

Pros

It is easy to receive and acknowledge alerts or assign them to another person. The alert settings can be customized to override your phones do-not-disturb settings.

Cons

Adding a new person to the on-call rotation can be a bit tricky, if you only want it to adjust schedules starting on a given date.

Great Product, best customer service I have seen in a long time

Pros

It's so easy to use, totally reliable and customer service is just great and proactive

Cons

actually there is nothing I don't like at all

Great

Very good overall. A bit expensive but works well.

Pros

Works well internationally. Works as expected.

Cons

A little expensive. Difficult to configure.

nice tool for ops engineers

timely response

Pros

Escalation rules and various integrations are one of the most valuable things. easy integration and user friendly ui and configuration can be done in mins.

Cons

Additional integrations for microsoft VSTS tools creation will really help us to automate the incident orchestration process

Solid Product

Pros

Generally all relevant incident management features are included.

Cons

Sometimes the UX can be difficult, but it is improving.

Good on-call and DevOps tool for enterprises

I'm on the Security Operations team and on the on-call rotation. We got a dedicated phone number as well that directly notifies us and it's been very nice having that type of availability for coworkers with security concerns. Way better than xMatters.

Pros

Good interface. Very similar mobile interface. Good way to quickly see what team and who is on call during an outage or a incident

Cons

Getting woken up early in the morning, but that's the whole point of being on-call. No issues that I found.

Use it for all our on-call notifications in multiple teams

Ease of use and removing old overly complicated notification software stacks. The Opsgenie app is also nice to use at a glance to get a birds eye on what is going on, schedules and so on.

Pros

We have not had any major outages or issues with the Opsgenie service or connectivity. It have been easy to setup and integrate for our environments in AWS.

Cons

Filtering alarms is a bit clunky. Integration with internal ldap functionality in the app is a bit weird with opening a website.

I like it, does the trick

Pros

We've never run into a situation where we couldn't integrate OpsGenie with some other service. i think that's awesome.

Cons

The advanced configuration page is difficult to use. It would be nice if we could use a test event and dry run the integrations to see if they work.

Daily Usage

We use opsgenie for our clients to ensure that their platforms are always online. It alerts us immediately when integrations are inoperable.

Pros

The ease of integration and policy control for alerting.

Cons

The policies for alerting could include multiple AND statements to make it better

I love OpsGenie!

Business and application wise, everything has been great. We appreciate all the great customer service we have received from George!

Pros

So many integrations since we have so many endpoints that this makes our lives so much easier.

Cons

Reporting has been an Achilles heel for us.

Super product!

Support has been good. The chat feature is nice.

Pros

The ability to write complex rulesets and escalations.

Cons

Needs some more options around scheduling on-call rotations and notification policies for how we use it. Android app can also use some refinement.

Great

Pros

The easy to use and functionality on android app such as taking the phone out of silence mode when there is a new alert helps a lot filtering unimportant notifications.

Cons

The calls leave voice mails always annoying me.

Nice product

Ops genie help us to track duties very simple. Alerts are awesome

Pros

Simplecity, alerts, its very easy to setup alerts.

Cons

Time Zones. We have a team in differrent time zones. The app, doest catch summer time :(

I like the support over chat that we get

perfect on-call rotation, escalation, easy mobile app

Pros

ease of use, it has wide options of integration, very easy to integrate with other tools, good support, website experience is nice, it is fast.

Cons

we have thousands of alerts, searching those with some criteria is difficult sometimes, search pattern doesn't work well or at least I don't know how to search there.

The most convenient alerting platform I ever used.

The calling feature in case we miss an alert makes my job a lot easier. This single benefit trumps everything.

Pros

Ease of installing. Convenient web interface. Availability of mobile apps on all major platforms.

Cons

Slick way to engage resources and escalate incidents

Very good experiences with Opsgenie. It is one of the best products out there.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, intuitive, on call schedules

Cons

Setup can be very cumbersome, but it is worth doing right