Opsgenie Reviews

4.7/5 (110 reviews)

Darren Day

Ops Genie - a new way forward

Reviewed 2018-08-06

We needed a more suitable monitoring alerting platform to help us grow and make use of systems outside of our infrastructure. Ultimately, Ops Genie has helped us do that. We can now plug services like AWS and Jira into our monitoring without having to force Nagios checks to do the work that has mostly already been done elsewhere. It's provided us more accurate and reliable alerting and reduced the effects of duplicate alerts coming through whilst an incident is being investigated. We hope to make further gains using additional features we haven;'t touched upon yet in the Ops Genie ecosystem

Allison Gallo

A Highly Capable Incident Management Platform

Reviewed 2018-07-31

We need an application that works hand-in-hand with our SIEM, Splunk, and OpsGenie does just that. As events filter into Splunk's incident management platform, our analysts are alerted through OpsGenie (via a webhook integration). Analysts can then acknowledge and manage alerts. We also use OpsGenie as a tool for documentation, although this may be a somewhat unconventional use case. Analysts can search back through past incidents, using them as a reference. This is a highly valuable tool to us and we look forward to future improvements.

William Newton

Good, almost great

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Reliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.

Rick Rush

Perfect for Managing On-call Teams

Reviewed 2019-03-25

Software was easy to initially configure and get setup. Adding users was quick, both through the website and in the mobile app. Linking OpsGenie to our monitoring applications went smoothly. It allowed for multiple layers of logic to be incorporated. This helped implement escalations that were consistent in their performance. After using it for a month or so, we were able to go in and tweak that logic to make them even better. From an on-call technicians perspective, the software is easy to use. They know when they are on-call and are able to set their own notifications and escalations. Also, they can work with other techs to cover for each other and the app will let them set the time for the switch so the system notifies appropriately.

Gurpreet Virdee

Great product, highly recommended!

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Customer services and our account manager have been excellent. I put in a recommendation for a feature and it had been implemented within a month. I also received personal communication to let me know that my feature was being implemented! For me, that's amazing customer engagement!

Andianne Fyela

I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Matt Jones

We looked at the rest, we took OpsGenie!

Reviewed 2017-12-30

OpsGenie provides a service similar to the other On Call distribution tools, but we decided on OpsGenie due to their competitive cost, and a sense that they would respond to our feature requests, and our many demands! We wanted all of our developers to be on call, not just our ops team, so we quickly found other solutions were priced out of our range. OpsGenie price was fair, and allowed us to spread responsibility to all of the people in our organization that deserve a 2AM wake up call. Also, they have proven to be responsive to our requests.

Anonymous

Easy to use, with great integrations and reporting

Reviewed 2018-08-08

We've been really happy since we switched our alerting to OpsGenie. Our old app didn't give us the flexibility we needed to create the complex oncall schedules that we needed for our engineering org.

Anonymous

Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-24

So far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected. I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.

Fernando Segura

A most have

Reviewed 2018-07-31

I've been a loyal customer of OpsGenie for almost three years now and I like to product so much that I wrote an integration with spring-boot-admin a year ago that now is used by many others. really great product

Phil Austin

OpsGenie is a no-brainer

Reviewed 2018-08-03

We use OpsGenie to collect messages from multiple endpoints and manage rules for alerting. Basically our pager duty. Also use the Heartbeats feature for missed execution monitoring.

Abhishek Bansod

Ops genie helps you connect with the group of people with ease

Reviewed 2017-12-19

calling a group of people in their hierarchy in one call instead calling them one by one

Xavier Tarbert

Switched from xMatters and not looking back!

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Initial setup was a bit scary as I brought this in to replace xMatters at our company. I was being looked at heavily and I wanted to hit the mark, so the little issues seemed bigger to me. Within a few weeks not only did we conquer some of those setup issues but tweaked this tool to not just replace but give me and my company a lot more power, control, ease of use, etc than we ever had before while handling escalations, notifications to stakeholders, etc.

Juan Carlos Christensen

Incident response and monitoring

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Overall my experience has been very good. We use OpsGenie all the time, and it's a critical part of our monitoring stack.

Bharath Nadar

its a nice a tools which can be configured as per your requirement and needs

Reviewed 2018-01-09

stay up to date with the infra issues

Anonymous

I use OpsGenie alerts to manage my work all day. I can react immediately when an issue arises.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

I really like the flexibility I have in receiving notifications. I can set mobile alerts or even phone calls for the most immediate needs, or just an email for something that I just need to see by the end of the day. I work in production support. So, this immediate filtering of alerts is key to meeting my performance goals.

Prabhudatsinh Rana

One stop solution

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Adam Kennedy

OpsGenie is more like an Ops Miracle Worker

Reviewed 2018-08-06

Our issue was reliably alerting our staff of equipment warnings and outages. OpsGenie gives us the ability to not only send notifications, but see who received them, who responded, and escalate based on a number of factors to make sure that someone, somewhere is getting the alerts.

Anonymous

After looking at competing options, OpsGenie provided the best value overall

Reviewed 2017-12-19

We went from having end users tell us systems were down, to proactively being alerted about critical issues. With the flood of alert emails coming in from every direction, it was just not feasible to respond to every email that chimes on your phone. OpsGenie allowed us to filter out the garbage and know that if my phone is ringing in the middle of the night, it's something worth being woken up for.

Jeremy Peterson

OpsGenie Usage

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Previously we were using an alarming system that had SMS functionality built in via email to vtext. This provided the basic notification level. Leveraging OpsGenie to assign teams and groups and on call schedules and escalation paths took this to another level.

Mariano Koldobsky

Great alert system, web, android app & operations

Reviewed 2017-12-19

It is a very solid infrastructure, not only the web app and the android app but the the phone call system, the sms and the mail services. The groups and users admin is great! and all the scheduling is workings as you expect.

Andris Uplejs

Great product

Reviewed 2018-07-31

With a help of OpsGenie, we massively improved our response time and it helped to meet SLA agreements with ustomers.

Nambirajan Ramraj

Good, flexible easy to use, easy to learn, can be more flexible

Reviewed 2017-12-29

Oncall setup & management become easier

Anonymous

I use a daily to notify issues about my apps and works like a charm

Reviewed 2017-12-19

1. easier to settings 2. availability (uptime) 3. the message of alert contains great elements

RoophaShree K S

This tool is really very helpful and easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

From this software we are able to monitor all the below threshold level values and alerts get triggered automatically.