Instapage Reviews

Instapage

Turn advertising clicks into more conversions.

4.51/5 (296 reviews)

Pros
  • There is good templates having good fonts with differ styles easy to use very impressive landing pages we can make easily can make a lot as we can.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • M using instapage in this period even if we prefer Hubspot for our customers. The ragione of insta is awesome, it has great tools, the composing module is well organized, design tool does a good job.Gianluca A.Read the full review
  • Instapage is one of the best landing page builder in the market. It's easy to use and helps in creating good looking pages with lead capture for your marketing campaigns.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • The web hooks application and integrations are pretty bad, you have to constantly check that those are connected and you can miss traffic because of this.Rodrigo Iván C.Read the full review
  • I received this response after I emailed them on the 22 to cancel my subscription (you can’t manually do it yourself) and they acknowledged my email but charged me anyway.Carmen C.Read the full review
  • They hide behind a 24-hour cancellation policy and will not refund me nearly $2,000 in charges for a service I don't use. Contact me if you have had a similar problem.Tom B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Richard Best

Easy to build high performing landing pages for PPC campaigns

Reviewed 2015-04-28

General UI is really really solid. I have found the software very easy to use as a non-designer / non-coder and created a number of high performing landing pages. This is gold-dust for me as a PPC manager. I previously just focused on working from within Adwords / Bing Ads / Facebook / LinkedIn / Twitter Ads - and did not touch landing pages. It has really helped me to be able to take control of the full process - driving traffic and influencing conversion rate with landing pages. I just love the flexibility you have over the creation of pages - and felt that unbounce and leadpages don't give you that. All in all love it, recommend it on my blog and will continue to use it for years to come.

Pros
Very easy to use. Very flexible. Great templates. Fast loading pages.

Cons
I have found a couple of glitches with a page where an element (form) overlaps 2 sections. I found it nudged all content down on entering some text, which meant I had to pull the form down into another section then back up to reposition it. It would not give me the option to The publishing process I find to have a couple of little bugs where you publish to a custom domain. But not too difficult to get round. I have only tried the template import function once - and it didn't seem to work very well. Possibly the page I chose to import was not wholly compatible.

Response from Instapage

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback! We really appreciate it and it seriously helps us improve.

The form bumping bug has been reported and will be fixed with the next live push.

The Template Importer is currently in BETA only and we gave access to our premium customers to test it out and help us perfect the system.

We are super stoked to be the first to bring this type of tech to market and we expect to have a fully functional product to ship in about 6 months. If you have any more feedback or find any issues please shoot us a line at support@instapage.com.

Again, thank you so much for your time :)

Cheers!

tanya Gioia

Finding the Right Sales Page Generator Takes Time

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-12-07

Powerful- really powerful lead capture and converter. It takes a little to understand and use. Really beautiful reusable templates and pages once they are built.

Pros
Personalization! This platform gets it. Not all subscribers, customers, or first-time buyers are going to respond to the same ad. The sophistication of Instapage is amazing. I mean heat maps and mouse movement? It is like you are standing behind the potential client witnessing what they are actually responding too. Simply amazing!

Cons
Instapage does connect with email systems like Convert Kit and other big email platforms. Yay- boo! Now it is one more software to learn and manage. Any more I am looking for a one-stop-shop type platform. Is there any place to get everything all bundled together?

Alex Wagner

Good product with super BAD reliability

Reviewed 2018-10-08

Instapage could be the best Landing Page builder out there but the best UX/UI is worthless if you kill your clients webhooks without noticing. If you really rely on a working product without the fear of loosing leads over night because you didn't check the integration for two days this tool isn't for you.

Pros
Instapage is super easy to use. You can create well performing Landing Pages and AB-Test with ease and new features are added on a regular basis. We have been using this software for almost 3 years now. Over the time many new and helpful features where added. There is a variety of integration options available which is helpful even though we just use webhooks.

Cons
Customer support is a nightmare. It is really bad. The webhook integration was changed three times and we as a customer where not informed upfront so we lost a couple thousand leads before Instapage fixed the problem. The last time it happend we had to find a way ourself to get things back running because the response time of the support was too slow and we couldn't afford loosing leads for several days. We adressed this issues a couple times but nothing happend other than basic apoligies. With every update they make you have to fear that all your landing pages and integrations get killed.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Mercedes Zavala

Time saver!!

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Instapage gives our developer a break from small site projects and allows for the rest of our team to dive into creating landing pages and learning to customize mini-sites!

Pros
Instapage allows for our team to quickly and beautifully set up landing pages or mini-sites without having to get our developer involved! That alone is a huge win! I love the drag and drop feature that allows to easily incorporate different widgets, forms, text boxes, etc. Instapage offers a lot of customization features, making it easy to brand the page exactly how you'd like. Another feature I find useful is that you can optimize the page for mobile with one easy click.

Cons
I have yet to find any cons for InstaPage yet. It has performed well so far and offers exactly what we needed.

Carmen Customer

Charge scam

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Love the program hate the customer services and the way they tricked me. The price is way overcharged 100+$ per month, and if you accidentally select 12 year subscription after 2 week trial, you get charged the whole year! “As requested, I've canceled your account at period end, October 22nd. There is nothing to worry about as you will not be charged again, but you still have access to your work until that date. Please note that according to our Terms of Service there is a 24 hours refund policy, which means that only refund requests made up to 24 hours from the charge date are eligible. I am afraid that in this case, the refund request is not compliant with our policy.” I received this response after I emailed them on the 22 to cancel my subscription (you can’t manually do it yourself) and they acknowledged my email but charged me anyway. 3 days later I saw it on my account and wrote to them asking why they took my money and this was their response.

Pros
Software is easy to use, easy to set up, nice blocks and features, simple and speed optimization applied.

Cons
Customer services is awful. After the free trial they automatically take your money even if you decide to cancel (which they say you can cancel at any time, untrue). You have 24 hours after payment is made to claim back your refund. If you didn’t notice then they keep your money and refuse to refund you because of their “policy”. That is a user scam.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Daniel Tan

Easiest landing page builder

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
Instapage is probably the easiest landing page builder that i have used. I have probably used and tried 4 landing page builder in WordPress and another 3 standalone SAAS landing page builder and this is the easiest to use. It has a drag and drop system and quite a number of integrations.

Cons
Instapage is very pricy now in my opinion (used to be cheaper) and recently there are not many updates to the builder.

Nkululeko Caiphas

Instapage review

Reviewed 2020-04-03

It helps me and my team to be gives the best to our clients.

Pros
Most thing I like about Instapage it integrated easily with our existing CRM system. For us, we're able to give our clients best and converting landing pages. It really requires much technical skills it has frequently user interface. It allows us to create a variety of landing pages so that we can do Split test to find a convertible landing page. If you really have no idea where to start Instapage gives you best templates that you can drag and drop and give them your personal touch. They have a most outstanding customer support.

Cons
Mobile device- if you've been designing your landing page on your desktop on the mobile devices some it becomes something you were not expected or you like.

Anonymous

Best Solution for Landing Pages

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Pros
It's hard to pick one thing that I like most about Instapage, because there are just so many great features. They have fantastic integrations with so many other platforms. One of the main selling points was that they included integrations with the specific tools we use. Some of Instapage's competitors could only offer integration solutions like WebHooks or Zapier (as opposed to DIRECT connections).

Cons
The price is fairly steep, especially when you get an Enterprise level plan. That said, I believe it well worth the price. Compared to Unbounce, and LeadPages, Instapage is a bit more expensive.

Ryan Hoyt

We used to love Instapage

Reviewed 2019-12-30

Things were going great until the "it's not you, it's me" breakup they gave us.

Pros
We had a great relationship with Instapage and used it as our default for every landing page we ever built.

Cons
They changed their pricing model and even though they did a lot of research and interviewed their customers but after all of that went a direction that basically threw all of their loyal customers to the wind. Sure it might have been necessary but we had to end our relationship there.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

George K

Good landing pages

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-03-04

Works well and would recommend for those looking for good advertising solutions

Pros
Used them for their landing pages, which are great and easy to setup. Will try out ad campagns and analytics next.

Cons
At first, not exactly clear what their offerings all are. Landing pages is inferred from their name. Their other services, not so much

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Dave Charbonneau

How to avoid looking like an idiot

Reviewed 2015-07-29

If you do client work and you're using the popular page building software [rhymes with Schmeed Schmages] it is inevitable that once you complete page construction your client WILL call you or send you an email with a message that goes something like this: "It looks great, but can you just add THIS right HERE?" Or, "will you move THIS over to THERE?" You cringe as you explain that you cannot (perhaps because your client insisted on using, [rhymes with Feed Cages]. You explain that you're dealing with a template with very little flexibility. And though it was created by nice people with effective marketing, at the end of the day, you end up looking like you can't take care of your client; and your client feels like she didn't get the page she really wanted. (And by the way, if you're building pages for yourself, the same thing happens. You simply have these conversations with yourself. Then people think you're crazy. Thus the commonly heard phrase, "This landing page software is driving me crazy"). Instapage isn't the perfect service. They do seem to have some growing pains. But they are also willing to be open about them, and most importantly work to fix things when they go wrong (Hey, folks... things always go wrong. It's in THOSE times when you really get to see what a company really is). That said, with Instapage you can add whatever elements to your page that you desire, wherever on the page you please. Don't get me wrong the Instapage templates look great out of the box but realistically we always want SOMETHING more or just a LITTLE bit less. (For example, instead of using the footer copyright section as a paragraph for additional info, you can simply add a new paragraph element). In short, I'm using Instapage for opt-in pages. I also like Instapage enough for building my homepages, too. I recommend others to use Instapage (they even pay me to refer others with or without a "SuperDuper" account level. And, better still, they pay quickly). If you want less cringing and crazy talk, you should use Instapage, too. + EASE OF USE would switch to 5 Stars if UNDO worked like most document programs (when working w/text). Instead, it reverts entire text box to the how it was prior to altering. And UNDO can take a bit long to function which may have user hitting UNDO multiple times. CUSTOMER SERVICE could move to 5 Stars soon: They are implementing an instant chat option. Kudos to Instapage for the upgrade.

Subash Bidare

Develop Awesome Landing Pages at Scale

Reviewed 2018-04-28

Easy, feature rich & effective.

Pros
Instapage helps create stunning landing pages without the help of any developer or any coding experience. You can easily develop landing pages with simple easy to use drag & drop functionality. There are more than enough templates for any industry or requirement - which makes it easy for you to build your landing page with the page content cues already there making life easy. It's easy to integrate with email marketing, CRM & the ilk. The A/B testing feature is nice & easy to take a quick look to see which page variant is doing well.

Cons
Limited icons & images in the free library. Sometimes making changes to the mobile versions takes a lot of time & is not easy. We cant add elements to visible only in mobile version of the landing page. The support team is not that great, but adequate I think. When a landing page is duplicated - all the setup integrations will vanish & has to be done all over again - which is very time consuming & irritating - especially when the differentiator of the company build & test landing pages at scale. Font types available an be expanded or enable us to upload fonts.

Garrett Genest

Fantastic way to build landing pages for PPC and other programs

Reviewed 2018-08-03

I really enjoy building landing pages in Instapage. They look great and function really well. Again, I just wish they had a native integration with Pardot instead of just hoping people will use the terrible Zapier-Pardot integration as a workaround.

Pros
Instapage is so easy to use it's almost ridiculous. The pages look great and you can totally customize the mobile versions of each page as well to make sure that everything looks good. There are a ton of options for different "blocks" to place on your pages and you can fully customize anything within a block. I chose Instapage over Unbounce because it was slighly less expensive and I'd read that the featureset is a little more extensive.

Cons
The one thing that really irks me about Instapage (at the time of writing this review), is that it doesn't have a Pardot integration to directly pipe leads into our Marketing Automation platform. There is a Hubspot integration, but for some reason no Pardot one. I've found articles on setting up webhooks to push leads into a form handler but it doesn't seem to work. Using an HTML-embedded Pardot form doesn't work either as the form doesn't render. I'd give Instapage 5/5 across the board if they would add a native Pardot integration. One other thing I've noticed is that sometimes when you make a large number of updates to a landing page, it can be a bit sluggish before the updates show up on the live page (an hour or more in some cases).

Anonymous

I can design and launch attractive landing pages in minutes!

Reviewed 2019-05-01

In my experiences, Instapage really is a lifesaver when it comes to landing pages and I find myself constantly using the software for most of clients.

Pros
I love how easy it is to design great looking landing pages that convert visitors into customers. From a marketing perspective, I need landing pages that not only look good, they also need to perform well. Some clients need a very customized branding and look to their landing pages. Some clients need their landing pages to look like other pages on their websites. With Instapage I can quickly visualize our landing page design goals and get feedback on that design from clients in minutes.

Cons
I always appreciate seeing additional design templates.

Valerie Johnson

I Studied Latin

Reviewed 2015-08-10

And we dead language types aren't known for our tech prowess. Since no one speaks Latin, I am now a bookkeeper. (Shocking! I know.) I got a domain so I'd have a professional email address. Since I had the domain, I should have a page, right? I tried using the webpage builder that came with my domain. It looked like a (bad) crafts website from 2004. There were mistakes I couldn't fix. Then I remembered the email from Instapage asking me how it was going since I hadn't published a page - I'd signed up at some point, before I got the domain. And that was the start of their hand-holding and gently nudging me into a page that is not an affront to most people's aesthetic sensibilities and one that does what it should from a marketing perspective. Along the way I got answers to my questions AND suggestions for things I can do. But, in stages, as to not scare me away. And they didn't make me feel like an idiot. There is a reason I am a bookkeeper and not a web developer. They use some magic that lets them see my page and they made suggestions based on what I have or haven't done yet - including things I didn't know I could or should do! It's like having a smart, helpful big brother who knows what he's doing helping you because he wants you to succeed. My goal was to park a minimal page at the domain. What they helped me make, is far beyond that. (Most of the help was after the basic page was laid down!) I don't feel like Instapage wanted to take my money and that's it - they want my site to be the best it can be, which isn't only great for me, it's smart business for them. I quickly exhausted my start-up capital of $1.75 so I was hesitant to sign-up for a monthly plan. But, it's already proven to be my best investment, yet! And, now I am assured they will stick with me as my needs grow with my business. As I navigate through this new language that comes with working in the cloud, alone, if everyone is as great as Instapage has been, I will be just fine. :)

Eric Levenson

Great Customer Service, Super Easy to Use. Has a few limitations

Reviewed 2015-05-04

This site is awesome. Let me tell you its so easy to set up a landing page and their templates are amazing. The only problem is that its really built for a landing page only. As in one single page. Would be great to see it incorporate a few more pages so you could build out almost a complete site for an app. Since my product is an app i dont need a dense website but i do need navigation and maybe 5-10 pages. Would be awesome if i could do that on here. Its the only problem i have with the site

Pros
Easy to use Fast to setup Great looking templates Awesome Customer Service

Cons
Hard to build multiple connecting pages (even if only a couple) Really designed as a single page builder for one specific product Hard to use if trying to build out a business site for an App.

Response from Instapage

Thank you so much for the review Eric!

Landing pages are generally focused on converting immediately so we didn't focus on gearing the system directly towards multiple page sites; however mini-sites are very useful and linking multiple pages in a funnel is always a great system to test.

It is very easy to create a menu system or a "multi-page site" site by simply linking a button, image, or text to another landing page or another URL.

We created a demo video for you here that shows you how to quickly do both options:

Also here is a 30 second video showing you how to redirect a form submission to another page or URL (thank you page):

All of our pages are now automatically mobile responsive as well so you don't have to design each page twice - you can quickly design 5 or even 10 pages and then link them all together and those links will automatically work the same on any device:

We hope this helped! Thank you again for your feedback :)

Tom Sedgwick

Great overall, but would love extra features for the price

Reviewed 2017-01-25

I'm happy overall with how it is performing. Pages are very easy to design and it links well to Infusionsoft. I'd love it if we could use our own domain name rather than www.xxx.ourcompany.com. Our connection has dropped out a couple times and we had to re-link every button back to Infusionsoft which took a while. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. Overall we are happy with how it's going.

Pros
Easy to design, links to Infusionsoft

Cons
Connection to Infusionsoft dropped off a couple times, support was not as quick as we would have liked and so we were down for over a week. We were reimbursed which was appreciated. This cost us a lot of business so hopefully this doesn't happen again. Would like more features for the price.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Alicia Gordon

Great product, not so great support.

Reviewed 2017-01-25

It's ridiculous the amount of effort and time I have spent trying to make someone take our problem seriously, to the point that our CEO emailed customer support about it. There seems to be a lack of communication within your support team. Had people giving me a copy paste of a solution that someone else had sent to a different problem, had to send tons of screenshots of the same as well as the same information over and over again because the people I had been talking to seem to have forgotten about the issue. It has been really a terrible experience! I don't know how to exactly describe it. But if we put aside this terrible experience, I really like Instapage...

Pros
Almost everything! a few things here and there but overall, it's great.

Cons
Support team.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

John Rowa

The best landing page builder for agencies

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Overall, if you're an agency, Instapage is the best option available. We've tried them all... trust me. :)

Pros
Instapage is the easiest, most scalable solution for agencies. The builder is super easy to learn, the integration with WordPress is seamless, and the ability to duplicate pages for scale and to collaborate with your team and/or clients is industry-leading.

Cons
There aren't too many cons, but I do wish there was more options for forms and lead notifications. Also, the pricing structure recently jumped up to enterprise-only level pricing which can put a strain on smaller agencies.

Kelsey Benoit

Great Templates, Easy To Use

Reviewed 2019-01-22

My overall experience with Instapage has been a rewarding one, as Instapage has proven effective for my organization on numerous occasions. We will definitely be a repeat customer every time we need a landing page for any purpose.

Pros
The thing I like most about Instapage is its ease of use. It is extremely easy to develop an a professional looking landing page that serves almost any need that our organization has ever had. From the multitude of features to the good looking pre-designed templates (which are very easy to modify), Instapage has enabled our organization to utilize landing pages for a wide variety of events and purposes. The cost is also very effective; definitely much cheaper than a lot of the competitors.

Cons
My least favorite aspect of Instapage would have to be the mobile development portion of the service. I have noticed that when I develop a landing page in desktop mode, I have to modify the desktop version to make it mobile friendly once I switch to mobile view. It would be much better if I could develop a desktop version and a mobile version, separate and apart from each other.

Katie Price

Great software but price increase was enough to make me leave

Reviewed 2019-05-24

Disappointing as a long term customer to be forced to leave and move all of my pages to another better value (and it turns out better quality as well as cheaper) software provider.

Pros
Ease of use Professional quality look for finished pages Flexibility in design

Cons
Lack of some basic shapes and designs in page builder Added functionality was probably good for some people, but I didn't need it, yet was forced to increase my subscription - it pretty much doubled. I should've been able to stay on the plan I originally signed up with and had been with for 2 years already. All other software services maintain the contract you signed up with even though they might adjust their future payment plans and update the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Juan Carlos Valiente

One of the best landing page creators I have worked with.

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Very easy to keep projects organized and therefore it saves me a lot of time when it comes to generating reports.

Pros
Easy to use, no coding required, easy to integrate with multiple platforms including, AdWords, Facebook, Analytics, Zapier, and many more. I love the fact that you can edit the Mobile version of each landing page. Instapage gives you full control and there is no limit as to what you can design. Very robust platform.

Cons
Some of the features are reserved for the higher plans but nonetheless, the basic plan works great.

Nicolás Derico

By far the best landing page drag and drop service out there.

Reviewed 2015-04-23

As a digital marketing consultant and programmer, I used to build multiple landing pages for many of my clients. Back in the day, my process would go as follows: -Design landing in Photoshop -Code html/css -Upload file to server/wp (or worse) -Build landing on services such as leadpages, that really constrain your options in terms of design Then I discovered Instapage, which for me is the only true drag and drop service out there. Instapage allows me to drop anything, anywhere. It is like designing on photoshop and having the code churned straight out, and it's saving me HOURS! Not only that, but it's A/B testing and analytics capabilities are out of this world. I would recommend Instapage to anyone: from programmers and designers looking to save time to business owners looking to save money in professional looking landing pages. Their free trial is good enough for small business. Their first paid plan goes for 19$/mo which is a very competitive price for that amount of value.

Pros
-Fast -Reliable -In app analytics -In app AB tests -SEO optimization -Fully customizable -Best in class drag and drop landing pages -Forms -Full integration with google docs, mailchimp and a long etc

Cons
Being extremely picky: -The way dragging items work was not intuitive for me: you can drag from inside the item, but not from the border.

Response from Instapage

This is a great breakdown, thanks so much!

Our pricing model is actually totally freemium! That means you don't have to stress over a free trial time limit or give away your credit card info before you know that the product works for you.

You can edit, build, and test 1 page for 100% free and upgrade only when you are ready!

Thanks again!

Jorge Herrera

Simple and Powerful

Reviewed 2015-05-19

I am constantly working in personal projects and experiments to test some theories or ideas I have about Digital. I started more active executing these experiments in 2007 (Symposier.com). After 8 years I had produced 6 different experiments and multiple versions of each one of them and for every initiative and every new version the need of updating and managing the micro-site or landing page, that introduced the concept to its audience, was a complex activity... not because the web is difficult, but because I needed just ONE PAGE a Landing Page and the alternative then and now are focus on more... Square Space looks great, but their landing pages are not efficient (for me); WordPress or hosted Drupal were way more vs what I needed and I needed up always asking a developer to build what I needed...until last week. By accident, I landed on Instapage.com and since then I have been working on it by my self, adjusting my landing pages and campaigns in the must simple way and without compromising power or quality. The authoring tools are intuitive, the templates are attractive and the support was amazing the first time I needed. I highly recommend it for small business, personal projects or experimental initiatives. I haven't explored any enterprise feature at Instapage, because I haven't had the need, but for all of the above looks like the right tool to create, publish and manage your marketing communications to multiple audiences.

Pros

Cons
haven't found an important issue. So far just adding fonts or advance customization require more coding and is not as automated as the rest of the app

Cru Moore

Able to create gorgeous landing pages that can convert will with InstaPage.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

We use this software to create aesthetic looking landing pages that are focused on conversions. Funneling in traffic with paid advertising, we help our client's close users for service through these developed pages and internet marketing. Highly recommend this service.

Pros
Can be used easily by a layman within our company and allow us to help our clients build well-designed web pages that are focused on conversions. Integrates well with all our API's and conversion tracking. Highly recommended for digital marketing agencies!

Cons
We have not run into issues so far using this service. Overall, it is very well developed with the user in mind.