Time Doctor Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
bitrix24

Generally awesome, the fact that our boss retains its subscription after more than a year now, it's definitely useful. It's actually the basis of our timekeeping and salary.
What i like most about time doctor is that the good UI in web portal, supports multiple integrations like jira cards/tickets. Automatically jira cards are shown in the timedoctor app.
The wee app that it comes with is useful once you get the hang of it. The good thing is that even if you cancel the wee bar, you still have the tracking running which is great.
The software on my employee's end was intrusive and frustrating to use. The software is expensive for what it provides.
So the clocking can be redundant and may annoy your employees.
A couple of gripes - it keeps reminding you if you are back at work if you have paused the tracking - that is a bit annoying.

MD

Monica D.

Executive Assistant

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great Tracking Capabilities!

Transcript

Monica: My name is Monica. I am the executive assistant to the Chief Operating Officer at PrimeSource....

Sandra G.

Healthcare Recruiter

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great tool to monitor time and attendance

Transcript

Sandra G.: Hi, this is Sandra. I work as a healthcare recruiter. I will give Time Doctor a three star....

Monnel E.

TD is a standard in All Forms of Productivity - Must Have for Professionals Who Wants to Do More

Super affordable and easy to use.

Pros

One of the very first sets of time tracker that I used . . . and still using at the very moment I'm writing this review. It perfectly fits with my internal processes. Very intuitive to use. Other time trackers try to reinvent the wheel as if mastering productivity is not hard enough. If you're using TD, you create a project, add a task, then just start doing it. No other hullabaloo. Another advantage...

Cons

Hmm if there's something that I want TD to improve on is their mobile app. It lags from time to time. And you shouldn't let it compete with other apps unless you have a super high power smartphone. And if you're like me who's into quantified self, tracking other aspects of like aside from work is just an absolute must. And more often than not, it has to be done off your PC. That's why they have to improve their mobile app.

Hi Monnel, Thank you for using the app to manage your Team. I am glad the Client feature helps you as well. We are working more on the mobile app now to be better at UI and functionality.

PP

Phat P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great and simple software for tracking employees' time

Pros

Simplicity, nothing simpler than finding your task then press it to start your tracking session.

Cons

Sometimes the syncing of time can be incorrect when switching between multiple computers, which can cause loss of working time.

SC

Sabrina C.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Not a way to improve productivity.

Not a great experience. People are not robots that have to be infront of the computer 8 hours a day and constantly typing or moving the coursor. The webcam shot feature is beyond a invation of privacy, mostly for people who work from home. It is a micromanagement app that is completly unnecessary.

Pros

The app is pretty easy to use.. You load tasks and start them by clicking on PLAY. It has lots of features including webcam shots, screenshots, time tracker and pop up that asks whether you've been working when there's no activity on the user's side. They have a computer and mobile app. Really good feature is that as a company you can set it up to blur screenshots taken so no information is leaked.

Cons

It does not help employees to be productive. The sign that pops up when there's no mouse or keyboard activity shows even when you're watching a video, on a webinar or even making a presentation in which is mostly talking and it is not only super unprofessional but also, if you fail to click on the "Yes (I am working)" the time worked will turn orange and labeled as "Manually added time".

NR

Nazmul R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

It's a good tracker for businesses

It's good

Pros

It provides an all-inclusive experience when tracking progress.

Cons

It could cost a little less. The price right now is higher than other similar oroducy.

Eric R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Time Doctor review

Time Doctor has significantly improved my time management, task organization, and overall productivity as a data analyst. While there may be minor resource usage concerns at times, the benefits of using Time Doctor far outweigh any occasional inconveniences

Pros

As a data analyst, what I liked most about Time Doctor was its exceptional online time-tracking feature. It offered precise and real-time tracking of my work hours, which is crucial for accurately recording billable hours and ensuring that every minute spent on data analysis tasks is accounted for. This feature not only helped me stay accountable but also improved my overall time management and productivity.

Cons

One aspect of Time Doctor that I found slightly less favorable was its occasional use of system resources, which could lead to minor slowdowns on my computer. While this didn't significantly impact my work, I noticed that at times, especially during resource-intensive data analysis tasks, Time Doctor's presence in the background could be slightly resource-heavy.

Dianne Mae P.

TimeDoctor is a very important tool for me as a freelancer, consultant and start-up entrepreneur.

I am able to maintain transparency with my clients at all times. TimeDoctor helps me track my hours and provide documented proof of work and give my clients a better view of how I complete my work/tasks. It also helps me in managing my time better.

Pros

TimeDoctor is straightforward and easy to use. I like that the desktop tool offers two versions: Pro and Lite, which helps you to choose the right application based on your usage and computer's resources. TimeDoctor also has a lot of integrations - particularly to different Project Management tools. This is especially helpful with managing different clients who each have a different preference on the project management tool that they are using. TimeDoctor is also very cost-efficient for me as a freelancer/consultant.

Cons

The price of additional users is a bit expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting their own team, but overall, it is a worthwhile expense.

Stephanie H.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Time Doctor Employer Payroll and Productivity Tool

I have been using Time Doctor for 3 years now and it never fail us to give productivity report, payroll log report and the customer service solutions.

Pros

Time Doctor has a very user-friendly interface, easy to use, and monitor. What I like most about this app is the screenshots are taken every minute of your set time and the reports it generates that I use on our payroll. The customer service is also admirable to the team since they answer within a couple of hours and assist our employees on the concerns and matters.

Cons

That thing that it can not generate night differential hours taken by the employees.

Daniel L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

I recommend it to everyone I know...

Amazing. I couldn't imagine running my business without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use in getting this software working, and it does that straight out of the box. Very little setup is required and after 2 and a half years using it, neither myself or employees have ever had any issues with it. It makes Payroll a breeze, and I love how in depth the reporting is which makes working with clients so much easier being able to show them time reports and logs. I highly recommend this to anyone I know in the online industry and will continue to do so for a long time!

Cons

It would be great for the manual time if we could limit the amount that is allowed to be added.

Samantha T.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees

Very great tool for monitoring remote employees

Time Doctor has saved us tons of time and money as we are sure that workers are doing what they should be doing during hours logged in.

Pros

The best part of Time Doctor that differentiates it from the rest of similar apps is that it takes random screenshots throughout the duration of a user that is logged in. This allows us to view their activities and making sure that our workers are productive and time billed is spent wisely and efficiently.

Cons

The cost would be a factor, but they do have volume discounts so that's not really a deal breaker for us.

Muhammad Bilal S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Doctor of Time Track

I find overall experience good. Handling and editing to time if needed. You can review your time served as per software. You get a daily summary of your work. You can use timedoctor any where you want you just need to open your mobile app.

Pros

The most likely thing is that it is available for all machines computer, mobile. You can edit time and you can review all the time served per product.

Cons

It starts to show stop dialogue when we are reading article and do not click or use keyword during reading.

Automate your time sheets to save time!

I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don't have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it's really helped my organization as well.

Pros

Time Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. I am a one-person design company and I need to track the time I spend on many different projects all at once. My previous solution was to write down the time on sticky notes or note pads, but there was always the chance that I might misplace it or lose it. Nor could I generate my invoices from my home office if I'd left the billing hours info at my office. So...

Cons

Not much that I don't like about this software. But suggestions for improvement? One thing I would love to see is integration with my cell phone. Time Doctor already has an app, but I want it to automatically capture the time I spend on my phone with clients. For now I have to manually enter in this time and must note when the call started and when it ended. Integration into Wave apps where I generate my invoices. I'd like to be able to select a project from Time Doctor in my invoice and have it automatically populate the time I spent on it and the dates I worked on the project rather than manually finding and entering this information.

MT

Marek T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Time Doctor Review

Overall, my experience with Time Doctor was positive. It provided me with valuable insights into my work habits and helped me become more disciplined and productive. The ability to generate detailed reports and analyze my time allocation allowed me to make informed decisions about optimizing my workflow. Despite some minor issues, Time Doctor proved to be a reliable tool for time management and boosting my productivity.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Time Doctor was its comprehensive time tracking features. It allowed me to effortlessly monitor how I spent my time, track my productivity, and identify areas for improvement. The ability to categorize tasks, set project goals, and receive reminders helped me stay focused and efficiently manage my workload.

Cons

One aspect I liked least about Time Doctor was the occasional glitch or delay in tracking time accurately. While it generally worked well, there were instances where it failed to capture time accurately or experienced synchronization issues with certain apps or platforms. These minor inconsistencies could sometimes affect the overall accuracy of my time tracking.

JG

John G.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Effective remote management

Time Doctor has helped me understand my own work strengths and weaknesses by showing me how much time I put into each task, project and campaign. Excellent for time management at the user level, as well as the manager level. We have also solved our time capture for remote employees which has created more efficiencies in payroll and better pay period ending cycles.

Pros

The insights into staff performance, being able to pin time to specific projects or work types as well as the efficiency brought to time management and the payroll process is worth of high praise.

Cons

The biggest opportunity is that Time Doctor sometimes seems to be a resource hog and can be slow to load and prone to occasional crashes which means lost time capture. If the employee or manager does not catch this, may result in underpay. The user dashboard is nice but takes you out of your work environment; something more integrated into the workflow tools like a retractable side-panel drawer instead of a web URL you have to visit would be better.

IK

Ishmam K.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

This tool is excellent for effectively tracking work time.

My experience with Time Doctor has been outstanding. The software's ability to generate visual evidence of time allocations is particularly valuable for employers who compensate their team members based on projects or hourly rates, which aligns perfectly with my needs.

Pros

This software is incredibly user-friendly and simple to set up, while also offering exceptional accuracy in tracking. It surpasses any other option I have come across in the market. With its support for multiple platforms, I can conveniently track my work from anywhere and at any time. Moreover, it provides valuable insights into work patterns, offering a deeper understanding of my productivity.

Cons

Personally, I have not encountered any issues with this software. However, a few of my employees and contractors have expressed their concerns about it being perceived as a micromanagement tool. Fortunately, this is not a concern that I share: xD

LH

Lucy H.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Many useful features but support for a solo user is minimal and getting worse

The customer service has been quite good, though most of the time the answers to my questions have been that the feature I need is not available, not customizable, and will not be added to future releases.

Pros

I found the software easy to install and use. The reporting feature is not as flexible as it needs to be, but the product is a big help in helping me track my time usage.

Cons

I bet that many users are capable of managing a report customization system, but no such option is available. I end up editing the reports extensively, and that rather defeats the purpose of using the product. I am the only person in my office who uses this product, so I am not managing anyone. There are features that are incredibly annoying because they do not apply to me, yet I still need to deal with them. For example, the latest update requires entering a reason for adding time manually. I know the reasons, and find the extra mouse and keyboard clicks incredibly annoying.

Emmanuella A.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Time Doctor Review

Pros

I found the Time Doctor app to be a great asset due to its easy-to-use time tracking capabilities and comprehensive features. With it, I can accurately monitor my work hours and those of my team, set up tasks and projects, and check our progress in real time. It also has a reminder system to help ensure that tasks are completed on schedule, as well as detailed reports to help analyze our performance and find areas for improvement.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike in time doctor as of now

GC

Gladies C.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Review on Time Doctor

Time Doctor is our trusted time tracking software. I think the management will not make any changes as to how our time logged should be accounted for. We are very reliant on TD, the HR head bases all our activities on TD so it is kind of a part of our family.

Pros

It helps me validate my hours logged to the company I am working for. The software is very customizable depending on the need of the management; it gives a nudge when you are already dozing off while it's running and the option to go back to working or to take a break is very straightforward.

Cons

There's this notification that I should log off TD to do a software update I guess which annoys me especially when I am engrossed working and my time needs to be tracked. But there is an option to run the update while the the tracker is running so it's doable and manageable for me.

SG

Stephanie G.

Best tool for tracking remote employees. We use it to track work hrs for our team in the Philippines

Pros

Accurate time tracking for tasks and projects screen shots and app usage is one of my favorite features since it gives you a detailed info on where we spend the most time on our projects fare pricing and bulk discounts :) We integrate Time Doctor with asana for seamless task tracking Love the ability to change time spend on tasks manually in case there is need for it we get a weekly email with information on how our account is being use We can also manage and track time with the IOS app

Cons

The desktop app looks a little old school on PC but is works fine. wish they had a better way to create tasks and mark tasks as completed when these are created inside time doctor, instead of having to delete them once they are done

Hi Stephanie, You can actually tick them complete with our most recent app which it Time Doctor version 0.19.9 You can download this new application from our download page at www.timedoctor.com/download.html It should be this here: http://prntscr.com/jll3vk

RT

Rubel T.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Very Useful!

So far, I am happy with the services that Time Doctor offers. If you could work on the web and app ratings per projects, that would be wonderful! ;)

Pros

I like the fact that we are able to measure our team's productivity especially that we're currently working remotely due to the pandemic. I have to admit that handling 30-40 staff members is a bit challenging in terms of measuring productivity but with Time Doctor, I don't have to worry about keeping an eye on my team from time to time. Very easy, just pull up the report and there you can see who has worked efficiently and not. I like it!

Cons

I know we have already raised this to Time Doctor but it would be great if there's a way for us to set ratings per project. I'm handling 10-12 projects at the moment and it's very challenging for me to still check regularly their web and app usage just to ensure that I am sending accurate reports to each clients. That's all

KK

Konstantin K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

No Updates and a Lot of Bugs

We have been working with TimeDoctor for 3 years, 40 employees use it. A large number of bugs that do not fix for years. The application is buggy - for the last year there have never been any updates. The site's admin area leaves much to be desired - a bunch of reports, but you can not use them. At us almost 600 projects - selectors on a site simply do not open. The API is very complex with a bunch of pitfalls. The new version of the application has not been updated for a year and a half and to the old version it is still far from functional. With pleasure would have switched to another service, but unfortunately for the functionality TimeDoctor suits, but for bugs and support - leaves much to be desired.

Pros

Good Service, but owners earn money and forget about there users....

Cons

A lot of bugs that lasts for years... No Updates for the Desktop App, and iOS also. No new features for a long time...

SM

Sarah M.

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

Timeless

I love this program, This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

Pros

Cons

It can be confusing to work sometimes. You really just have to dig into it and learn the program. Besides that it is not too bad

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees

Real time monitoring and tracking

Superb and very effective. It has been a great tool to optimize the productivity.

Pros

It is a very powerful tool which helps in order to track and monitor the tasks of the workers. It captures the different tasks performed all the day and the kind of tabs opened by the workers. This is also used by the remote workers who are providing virtual assistance on the hourly basis and get paid as per the report generated at the end of the day. One can also track the idle time of a person and shows the amount of time spent on a specific tasks.

Cons

Everything is great and sometimes it troubles using the application on the smartphone. Rest I dont see any kind of trouble with the user interface of TD

JA

Julie Ann P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

My Personal Experience with Time Doctor

Pros

For me what I love most about this app is its ability to take screenshots of what we're doing. I have tried other attendance tracking software and none of them was able to do that. Also, it is very easy to use. You can use it immediately off the rack or you can customize it by adding or connecting it to a separate payroll. As an HR, I am happy using Time Doctor since I started my journey in freelancing because I can put my client at ease in using Time Doctor I can show them that I am honest with the hourly rate that I am charging them.

Cons

I can't find any cons since using time doctor.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Was brilliant until recent changes/improvements..

Up until recently I would have said 'brilliant, what a difference in my life'. Right now I'm looking at other options while I wait for the support team to send emails back and forth..

Pros

I have loved using timedoctor and referred many people to it. It has been amazing in helping me keep a track of time spent on different projects with numerous clients. It was also easy to go back and amend time if I had forgotten to change the activity when starting a call etc. Easy to use on the iPhone app while on the road.

Cons

Help desk and all interactions used to be via chat. That seems to have stopped - sadly! Recent changes have introduced a number of bugs that have made this month intolerable. I am really frustrated that a tool I had come to rely on so heavily and which has been a crucial part of my business management and billing process is failing.

FG

Favio G.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Great time tracking tool

Pros

User-friendly interface and Great product, Easy to use and continuously improving, the dashboard lets you check all the information you need in a glance.

Cons

Tech Support takes it's time to respond, but, they do the job, eventually.