All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SimpleTexting

Simple yet powerful SMS marketing platform for everyone

SimpleTexting Reviews

Pros

I like everything about SimpleTexting. The pricing was the best I found, the customer service has been outstanding, and it's very intuitive and easy to use.

Dana S.

Read the full review
It has help us reach out to the community of Bachman Lake. Family are being help to improve their life and within their education and a better future as leaders.

Olga H.

Read the full review
This texting platform has been super easy to use and support has been super helpful when I've had a question outside of their great training videos.

Stephen H.

Read the full review

Cons

Overuse charges... just needed to know to upgrade my account before getting charged automatically.

Olivia B.

Read the full review
I am unable to text outside of USA, but that may be a limitation of the industry (not sure about this). However, they do provide text-to-email as a backup sending method.

Simple Texting Review

Software has everything we need!

We've really loved being able to build our SMS list and SimpleTexting has been easy to use.

Pros

We had tried three options simultaneously and picked SimpleTexting because it has so many integrations that are easy to use. We are able to do giveaway contests, collect data, it integrates with our email software - really, they are the pros and have figured out what most clients need from the start.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike thus far. It is slightly more expensive than other options, but right now it's worth it for all of the integrations

One of the best strategic partner you will ever find in business.

After being burned badly by other companies who present themselves as similar (years ago) I entered into business with Simple Texting. From then to now, I have renewed my enthusiasm for one of the most effective means to market anything, I’ve ever experienced.

Pros

I am constantly amazed at how this company manages to find and keep some of the most talented people who are relentlessly dedicated to their customers success. In an age when many tech companies rely on synthetic customer service driven by soulless algorithms, Simple Texting is NOT one of them. ST is real live people WITH SOULS who truly care about their customers success and will do anything in their power to make it work for customers. They take complicated technology and strategies and make them flat-out simple.

Cons

The cons are too few to even mention. Simple Texting is great!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] IS AMAZING

My experience was amazing because I asked for online help and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was knowledgable, helpful, and really nice. She is an example of what all companies who offer online should aspire to be like. I would make her a trainer....just my input? One good employee can make a big difference in a customers experience. She's a good one!!

Pros

This software does what I need...I think. I am brand new.

Cons

I dont see anything at this point. I am just starting but if I have an issue I will ask [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Decent Platform, Glitchy at Times, Lacking Customer Service

Decent platform, but the software and customer service needs to be improved.

Pros

1 on 1 conversations with customers are easy to initiate.

Cons

Very difficult to send images. The software would not allow us to upload images on an Android or Apple device. I tried multiple times to find a solution from SimpleTexting about the issue, and customer service always gave me the run-around and acted like it wasn't a problem.

Hello Blake! Thanks for bringing this out to us. Many of our users are happily sending images to their contacts using the mobile app. Please reach out to our support team through the live chat or phone, so we can troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Cohesive with our company

Pros

I like that we can use this software with our current number to receive and send texts showing our company number.

Cons

It kept blocking our texts saying we reached our limit. There were no further details until we reached out that this was taking place to stop potential spam.

Ability to contact clients/prospects with ease

Simpletexting helps me get with the times - SMS Marketing is the new thing to capture prospects attention. Hands down the easiest, most effective SMS tool - I use it daily and love it!

Pros

It is very easy to set up your lists of people (clients, prospects, certain funnels, etc) It is very user friendly overall - everything is clear and makes sense. You get an app on your phone that you can check any incoming msgs from if you need to. You get your own phone number - great for businesses who are trying to implement SMS marketing! Autoresponders - when someone subscribes to your list, they automatically get a certain text message. Honestly, everything I wanted is in SimpleTexting.

Cons

I went over my text limit - while I'm fine with the overuse charge, I think it would be helpful if they contacted you to say "hey, you're over your limit - we could easily bump you up to this tier which would save you $x overall" Other than that, no issues with it.

Hey Ashley! Thanks for your great feedback. We are delighted to hear from customers like you that SimpleTexting is the easiest, most effective SMS and that everything you wanted in SMS Marketing is in the platform. We are constantly improving our product, and we will pass your feedback regarding overage notification to our development team.

Good Product and Customer Support

SimpleTexting was the first SMS platform I used. The company gave me a good introductory price to start with which was a nice gesture. Had an overall good experience with the platform and customer support.

Pros

The interface is intuitive and easy to use. Plenty of features to work with.

Cons

Did not experience any particular cons with the software.

Hey Ryan! Thanks for the sweet review. We're glad to hear from customers like you on how easy it is to use the platform and that the interface is intuitive. With our pricing structure everyone is able to start even with our smallest plan and upgrade at any time when the texting volume increases. As always, please reach out to our amazing support team whenever you need help.

Intuitive Product and Easy to Use!

It gave us an option for text to give service which was a "nice to have" not a priority.

Pros

The option of having unlimited keywords was important to us. We wanted to be able to use this product for multiple projects.

Cons

At this time we don't have anything that we are not fond of.

Thanks for this sweet review! It's wonderful to hear that our unlimited Keywords feature has helped you with your multiple use cases. :) Keep up the great work!

SimpleTexting is a great way to convert sales!

I highly recommend this service. I can't wait to explore more of the functions available.

Pros

We are loving that we can access our customers via texting when emails get lost in the vortex of inboxes! Our sales are increasing the more we reach out to our customers with this service.

Cons

Emojis come up as question marks. Stay tuned for more feedback as I explore it!

Best customer service

Great customer service. They work with you to make sure the product is working the way we need it to.

Pros

If you have any questions their customer service team is very responsive and helpful!

Cons

Pretty straight forward, nothing outside of the normal scope of text programs.

Thanks for the sweet review! Awesome feedback like this inspires the team even more to provide excellent customer experience to our users.

Reliable texting service. Great that customers can text our landline!

Overall, this is a great product. The last text service we used didn't always get the messages sent and we knew this because we were sending them to employees with our company's cell phones. We use this a lot to communicate directly with customers and staff, not as much as a marketing/mailing list/keyword tools...yet!

Pros

We loved that we were able to set this up with our existing business landline. We can schedule messages to go out and set-up mailing lists. We can set-up as many users as we'd like as well. It's nice that we can save the customers' information within the software as well for ease of use.

Cons

I wish it had better group texting or group texting at all. We use this to text employees a lot and have to set it up as a "campaign " and they cannot see the other responses. I wish it had a built in afterhours reply. I know there's a way to set it up with another app, but we don't have it and I haven't messed with it. Pictures coming INTO our line take a very long time to receive, hours in most cases.

Ease of use, simple UI make this a leader

Great UI. The "SimpleTexting" name says it all. it IS simple to use. A winner.

Pros

The simple and quick to grasp user interface makes this tool a winner over all the others we tried. And we tried a lot of them. When using a texting software, you want to quickly add recipients, handle lists with no fuss, and get message out quickly and remotely. This excels at all of them. Especially since we use this 2-3 times per year for onsite events, coming back to it after a few months is a quick dive with minimal re-learning time.

Cons

Renewals. The auto-renew feature was difficult to understand. I thought I paused the billing, but then it renewed automatically and we were re-charged. At first I was upset, but then found the menu for it in a bit of a non-intuitive location. They were nice and reversed that charge. I just made a note of it for the future. So just an FYI if you'd be using it periodically. Not a game killer though because the tool is so easy to use.

Hey James! Thank you so much for the kind words. :) We're so happy to hear that you've found the platform so easy to use for your events. Also, we really appreciate your feedback on renewals and pausing your account. I'm bringing this back to my team so we can discuss how we might be able to make this process a bit more clear. Thanks again, and happy texting!

By FAR the BEST texting service on the market !

I dramatically improved my conversion rate for my radio customer acquisition campaigns.

Pros

Auto-responders - folks that text your short-code can be automatically enrolled in a marketing drip campaign or an ongoing content marketing campaign. We found that service to improve our app install ration by 40%. Scale up - you can start with a low plan and just upgrade as you start using the service more. Once you're at the top, you're only paying /text! Cost - Costs are very reasonable and super...

Cons

No timestamp - Biggest con is that they don't have a timestamp when people subscribe; they just tell you when the date is. Not having the time makes it harder to optimize marketing campaigns. Filtering - trying to navigate the lists and autodrip can be tricky because most pages don't have filtering or sorting functionality. You have to skim through the page looking for the list that you want No "duplicate" feature - When trying to recreate an autoresponder campaign, you have to enter ever message in one at a time, which is time-consuming. A/B Testing - This is more of a WISH than a CON since I don't think any service offers this - would be great if they would let users A/B test different text messages to see which ones produced more engagement - like email subject line tests.

Thanks Javier for taking a few minutes to leave some comments and feedback! We always get excited when customers see such a benefit from using text messaging. With regard to your wish list, we're really focused on listening to our customers and delivering improvements wherever possible. Timestamps will be added to all list exports in the coming days, we think filtering, A/B testing and duplication are all great ideas and are on our roadmap so keep an eye out for these in the future.

Great software, plays nice with others

We used SimpleTexting to quickly reschedule clients due to COVID-19. We've used it to increase and streamline bookings and use it in our Facebook ad campaigns and more. We're getting ready to use it as a communication tool for generating sales when clients are reviewing their images.

Pros

I really like not only the ease of use, but the effect being able to immediately communicate with our clients has on booking rates and retention. We are able to troubleshoot and solve customer service issues quickly and easily. We implemented one way texting with our main marketing automation software and it greatly increased booking rates. Adjusting our stack to include SimpleTexting and two way texting capabilities has it increased it dramatically yet again. We're incorporating it into other areas of our business and using it to quickly and easily communicate with large numbers of clients at once in a way that still feels personal and available.

Cons

The only thing I wish is that I was able to trigger more action from outside sources. We use ActiveCampaign as our main marketing automation software and I wish I had more capability with a direct integration or a workaround through Zapier to trigger it within a campaign, not just at the very beginning.

Great for engaging with Gen Z

Our remote organization works with teens all across the country, so Simple Texting is indispensable to getting our work done. Customer service is also excellent -- quick, painless, and friendly! I'd recommend it to anyone needing SMS marketing in their business or nonprofit.

Pros

It's user-friendly and it integrates well with other apps, which is necessary for my work.

Cons

One functionality that I would like is if I could filter the inbox based on lists of customers

Hey Anika! Thank you for this kind review! We're so glad that you're able to communicate easily with the teens that you work with through SimpleTexting. Also, thanks so much for the suggestion about sorting the Inbox based on lists of customers! I think that would be a great feature to have and I've already let my dev team know so they can add it to their list of features they'd like to roll out in the future. :) In the meantime, a great way to filter your Inbox is to create sub-accounts for each of your lists. You can read more about how to create those here: https://simpletexting.com/features/multi-user-access/ Please feel free to email us if you have any questions on this at support@simpletexting.net, and thanks again!

True-to-name: Simple to get up-and-running quickly!

The overall experience has been favorable on the platform and in contact with their support team. They're well-positioned to help any organization that is looking to get up-to-speed rapidly with SMS campaigns.

Pros

In a world where SMS campaign deployment platforms are frequently complicated to setup, port numbers, upload/reconcile lists, maintain compliance, etc. SimpleTexting is a breath of fresh-air. Instead of getting bogged-down in all the intricacies of setup on several other platforms, SimpleTexting allowed us to get up-and-running within the same day. I'll be interested to see what more strategic integrations with SimpleTexting might look like as our organization operationalizes SMS as a regular comms channel. We still use the platform very tactically, so I'm interested to see in what ways the relationship could be built-out over time or whether ultimately we'll outgrow it. Regardless, it's a wonderful product that got us exactly what we needed, when we needed it.

Cons

While I'm mostly very upbeat on the platform, there are a couple things that would be valuable feature additions, including throttling of deployments, extendable contact attributes (ability to add-in other customized import fields) and the ability to pass-through unique URLs using merged contact attributes.

Hello! Thanks for this insightful review. We are glad to hear that you are able to get your account up-and-running within the same day. It's very important for us that our customers can start sending texts or deploy keywords and web forms within minutes to build their subscribers list. We will surely pass your suggestions to our awesome development team as we think those will be great additions to our existing features. Feel free to check our SimpleTexting Academy from the Help Center to know more about our other features.

Great customer service!

So far, I love this software and I have already recommended it to other camping professionals who handle recruiting!

Pros

What I like about this software is that I am able to contact recruits without using my own telephone number. I am able to save their contacts to the app and message recruits the same way I would on my personal phone, but I am not crowding up my personal messages app with contacts that I barely know.

Cons

At first, when I was learning about the software in the free trial, I wasn't able to send as many messages as I was hoping (in order to see if the product fit what I actually did on a daily basis). However, I contacted customer support and they were more than happy to help me out so that I could communicate how I needed.

Thanks for this review, Lauren! We're really glad you've been able to keep your personal phone and contact info private by using SimpleTexting for your recruiting-related communication. :D Also, thanks for the feedback regarding the trial! As you know, we do provide 50 free messaging credits on our 2-week free trial, but we're always happy to talk through what makes the most sense for each individual user. :) Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything else we can do for you!

Pricey, but love getting right to our customers "pockets"

Ease of use for customers and keyword access.

Pros

Lots of great features and easy for customers to sign up for messages/sales/specials at our Charity Bingo Hall and Resale Stores.

Cons

For a non-profit, the service is expensive. Not too long after we signed up for the service, I was contacted about receiving a non-profit discount. I sent the information and checked back in, but got zero response back.

We really appreciate you taking a few minutes to write a review, Joanna. Glad to hear how easy it is for customers to sign up and for you to reach back to them instantly! Sorry to hear that you didn't receive the non-profit discount on sign up. We believe in making our service as accessible as possible for non-profit organizations and I've taken care of updating your plan now. We're here to help if there's anything more we can do. Thanks again for being a long time customer!

The name says it all!

Pros

Very simple to use yet capable of doing sooo much more

Cons

API capabilities only work with your toll free long number, won't work if you use a short code number

Hi Stephen! We appreciate your great feedback. Confirmation from customers like you on how simple and powerful the program is means a lot to us. We're also glad that you're one of the customers that are using API capabilities. With API there's almost an endless possibility of things that you can do for your SMS marketing efforts. As always, please reach out to our helpful support team when you need help.

Communication with Employees

In our construction business we have employees in several states on multiple jobsites and we needed a communication tool for our crew members in the field that don't have company assigned emails. SimpleTexting has been an effective tool to get this job done! We implemented this last fall as a way to highlight crews and projects with the occasional employment related text message. When COVID-19 hit,...

Pros

Easy to use, can schedule multiple messages ahead of time.

Cons

I don't think there is anything on SimpleTexting's side. Some phone service providers have issues with the photos sent through MMS messages.

SimpleTexting Integrates with our ATS for easy candidate communication

Pros

We use our SimpleTexting subscription with our ATS system, BrightMove. This is something we had integrated to easily text candidates directly from the ATS. It works great and send communications promptly once you hit send. Customer Service team is great for any issues you may have.

Cons

The pricing bundles for the amount of text messages. I really wish there was a 15,000 message option between the 7,500 and 25,000 text allotment.

We're so glad that SimpleTexting has helped you with your ATS, Eric! We do understand that your message needs will not always match up with our listed plans, especially when it falls between 7500 and 25000. That is why we're more than happy to create a custom plan for you! Please feel free to reach out to our customer support team to get that set up!

Easy & Effective Communication Tool

Overall, I love SimpleTexting. It's easy to use and an excellent communication tool. Texting is a much more efficient way of reaching partners since email is becoming a thing of the past.

Pros

SimpleTexting is simple to use and easy to implement in your marketing and communication toolbox. We use to communicate important upcoming events to our partners. I love that I can import lists and we don't have to use the 555888 sign up feature. I like that partners can respond back to me and if I want to, I can respond back to them.

Cons

Customer Service took about 3-4 days to resolve a problem for us. This is not a horrible lag of time but it would be better to have a 48 hour turnaround time. For those 4 days, we were unable to text and this slowed productivity. Also, I find it odd that all members of this software have the same number of 555888. I know people have to text in with the correct keyword but what if someone from another company accidentally types in our keyword? Does this automatically put them on our list? It hasn't happened yet but I always wondered that.

Practical and useful, but not without its quirks

Pros

SimpleTexting is relatively easy to use and implement. It sends the same text to lists of people, and one can schedule texts to individuals if needed. Campaigns can be personalized with information like first and last name, which can increase number of responses.

Cons

Both the website and smart phone app don't refresh/update very well. Unlike a regular messaging service where the most recent message will show up almost immediately, you often have to refresh the page or navigate away and back in to see new responses from clients. Additionally, a person cannot just unsubscribe from a list. If they unsubscribe, they unsubscribe from EVERYTHING, which, for our clientele base, is not helpful. When someone texts in without using a keyword, their message can be difficult to find and can be easily missed. Finally, it would be nice to have a feature where a list of people are notified through email if a subscriber on a certain list responds.

Using SimpleTexting to Drive Downloads

We needed a simple way to drive app downloads for our company, and SimpleTexting provides that. It's so easy to add the shortcode and keyword to our marketing materials. The platform even integrates with our website, allowing visitors to request a download link to their phone simply by adding their number in to the appropriate field on our site. Before ST, we had to verbally explain the the download process or email download links, neither of which were streamlined solutions.

Pros

New keywords and campaigns are easy to set up and reporting is robust.

Cons

Our company has to use two different shortcodes, one for the US and one for CAN. We'd prefer to use the same shortcode for both, but the number we use in the US isn't available in CAN and has less keywords taken, so we have to stick with it.

Thank you for your feedback Ember! We're glad that SimpleTexting has helped you to increase app downloads! We actually do have the same short code in both the US and CAN, though they operate independently. We'd be happy to check on keywords in the US to see if we can make that work for you. Feel free to reach out at support@simpletexting.net.

Brings our business into the new decade!

It is easy to set up and implement. I researched every competitor I could find and SimpleTexting was by far the best value. Setting up separate keywords for each property I offer for sale gives me instant feedback on what ones are more popular than others. And doing a text "blast" to my list has a much better response rate than an identical email "blast".

Pros

It is an easy to use and effective way to engage with prospects and customers.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like.

Thank you so much for this positive review, Mike! We love our real estate customers and are so happy that the platform's become an easy way for you to connect with your prospects (and that it's been easier than email!). Let us know if there's ever anything else we can do to support you!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.