Workable Logo

Workable

The world’s leading hiring and HR management platform.

Workable Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.36/10

Reviews by rating

My overall experience with Workable has been great. It's easy to use and has a lot of amazing functions to help with our recruiting process.
It was easy to understand, has many useful features, super simple to integrate, fast to implement and is very cost effective.
Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support.
I don't like how it seems so easy to accidentally bulk email the wrong candidates, or email a candidate when you intended to leave an internal note.
Customer service so far has been a bit hard to communicate. It maybe a rare occurrence, no more after more usage.
Its basic, wasn't able to schedule send emails and in app emailing function was a bit confusing sometimes.

NC

Nancy C.

Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Workable Review: Solid System with Lots of Perks

Transcript

Nancy: Hi, it's Nancy. I am director of talent acquisition and employee engagement for Digital Yellow....

Hi Nancy, Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We'd like to acknowledge that it certainly wasn't the best experience for you and is in no way a reflection of the service and support we strive to provide. Regarding the importing of your data, the spreadsheet has historically been a great way for our customers to migrate information between systems. It is structured in this...

Mohit S.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Excellent For Collaborating With Various Vendors and Busy Team

It allows me to save time on HR-related tasks. A single click could retrieve very specific reports. It eliminates the need for manual work, really a time savior.

Pros

The plugin that allows us to connect it to our social network account is really cool. I've always loved how simple it is to interact with vendors and link them with teams. I also like the email alerts that notify me when someone evaluates a candidate.

Cons

It does not allow to modify the questions once candidates started applying. We can not include more than one location in a job posting. While sending rejections, we can not distinguish between those that have been sent and those that have not.

ZM

Zandile M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The only ATS you need!

Perfect! So many features are automated freeing up a lot of time to focus on employer branding

Pros

1. Employee Referral portal2. Ease of setup3. Creating tags for talent pool4. Reports5. Their customer support is incredible!!! Fast, efficient and kind!

Cons

At times the requisitions can cause some of the reports to be inaccurate

AD

Allie D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The Bad Outweighs the Good- Beware Sales!

Solid tool if you have a fairly simple process; still allows for customization, which is great. Hilariously/infuriatingly rude sales process. No desire to fix issues, just to trap you in contracts.

Pros

Workable has a simple, clean layout that was easy to customize and train my team on. It did exactly what we needed it to do and allows for a good deal of customization for our somewhat-unique hiring process.

Cons

The sales team are vultures. We planned to renew our contract after one year, and confirmed so via *email*. After some discussion, we realized we were probably overpaying; we included People Search in our initial contract (which is terrible and doesn't work reliably at all). We asked our sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if we could remove that from our invoice, and were told we already had "a...

We're so sorry that you did not have a good experience with the Workable product and our Sales Team. Customer success is very important to us. As your Account Manager is in contact with you currently, we will also make sure to further understand everything in this review during our conversation.

NC

Nancy C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Very Solid ATS, with Some Very Solid Quirks

The product has a lot of potential. I've used several ATS' and do like Workable the best, but the implementation experience is horrible.I feel like the team at Workable has a good product, that could be great - it's just not.

Pros

The User Interface and Experience is stronger than most of the ATS that I've used. It's highly intuitive with some quirks. My hiring manager's like the ease of use for interviewing and evaluating candidates.The speed of the site and app are also great. I also really like the customization of the careers page.

Cons

The migration and implementation were a total disaster. The sales team did not explain that I would have to import 19k files from my previous system into a single Excel document on my own. No help was offered, only finger-pointing at my previous system or an offer to upgrade to a higher monthly subscription. I've had several issues come up where I've reached out to Customer Service and was only...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your honesty, and we're sorry to hear about the challenges you've experienced. Your insights are valuable to us in our ongoing efforts to improve. If you're open to it, we'd love to learn more about the specific issues you've encountered so that we can address them more effectively. Please feel free to reach out to support@workable.com to discuss this further. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to make things right.

Akshay S.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Workable HR software : a comprehensive tool with great overall performance

Workable is a powerful HR tool that allows candidate sourcing, collaborate hiring, customizable workflows that leads to streamlined recruiting and better hiring outcomes. However, this software is costly and some users may find it less flexible than they need. Overall, Workable is still a solid choice for businesses looking for an all in one HR solution.

Pros

Workable helps in streamlined recruiting, allowing the management of job posting and candidate communication all in one place. With Workable, collaborate hiring with multiple team members allows for more diverse perspectives and informed decisions. The workflows are customizable and the screening processes can be automated. Mobile accessibility, integrations with other tools like Slack and Zapier and reporting and analytics is very helpful too! Customer support is also accessible through various channels.

Cons

Workable pricing is expensive for smaller businesses, especially if they need to purchase add-ons. there are some integration limitations and limited customizations. Somer automations can make the candidate experience seem robotic. I have ran into some technical issues as well. There is limited language support for non-english speakers and the tool's pricing and bill processes are not easy to understand.

CN

Connie N.

Internet, 51-200 employees

decent applicant tracking system for recruiting!

Overall experience is that it works great for what you pay for. If your recruiting efforts needs a more robust search engine and better platform to house & source pipeline candidates, I recommend paying more for a premium product. It'll save you a heck of a lot more time & resources.

Pros

UI is easy to navigate, simple and easy to use.

Cons

While it is simple and easy to use, the software does not allow for multiple requisitions to be posted under one pipeline or job posting. Our team also finds that it does not have the best integration with the top, competitive job boards outside of LinkedIn and Indeed.

Deanna C.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Intelligent, affordable ATS

The experience has been nothing but positive. From sales to implementation to ongoing support, our transition has been nothing but exceptional service.

Pros

The features of the software are easy to use, intuitive, and anything that the user is unsure of is easily resolved through the self help guides, or customer support.

Cons

Nothing, the team is constantly working to improve the software so any issues are taken into consideration for a future release and/or there is usually a workaround found.

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your experience has been so positive throughout your relationship with Workable.

Neelam R.

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Workable Review

It is helping me to download resumes, track applications, shortlist candidates, and tag the interviewer with my comments.

Pros

Tracking any candidate with an email ID and showing how many times the candidate applied for multiple positions. and it's very simple and easy to track and update feedback.

Cons

Nothing as such but searching with name is a bit confusing as we get the various result which is not relevant.

Appreciate the invaluable feedback, Neelam. Always working to better search results - will look to make search by name as tight as possible. Thanks for being a Workable customer!

Matthew S.

51-200 employees

Workable Works

Workable is a fantastic product for internal recruitment teams, with a great UX/UI and workflow. It completes our company careers page, looks great and has already started to attract quality candidates to our openings. We really couldn't be happier!

Pros

Fantastic value for money, and complete flexibility across pricing plans! Custom Job Application Forms - helping you get as much information from the candidate as possible from the initial stages. Multiple Job Site Posting with ease. Social Recruiting - linking all of your social networks to make sure your jobs get optimum exposure. Team Involvement - you can add as many team members as you like to the system, and share as much or little as you like with the hiring managers. It is a much better way of controlling the review and interview processes, rather than simply relying on emails. Relevant Reporting & Analytic s - to help you see how your recruitment processes are performing, and also help you understand where you are having the most success when attracting new candidates.

Cons

It would be great if we could link our Twitter account to Workable for tweets about new roles, but other than that we have none.

Tyler K.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Entire team's notes in one place

Overall it has simplified our hiring and recruiting process which saves time and makes sure that we vet candidates more thoroughly.

Pros

Our company goes through multiple interview stages with different people in the various departments of our org. Workable is a great place to consolidate our notes on every candidate into one place so I can see what concerns or positives other people have uncovered. We don't need to send multiple emails or keep a google doc anymore because Workable contains everything in one place.

Cons

I don't have any major concerns, I'm not a recruiter so I only use Workable on a surface level and so far it's met every need that I've had.

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your hiring team collaboration and interview process are much smoother with Workable.

April R.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Customer Service is a nightmare

This was our first experience with an ATS. The integration was easy - I had everything created and complete before the implementation team even reached out. However, the candidate tracking method is too clunky and customer service is an absolute nightmare.

Pros

This was our first ATS and it was an easy place to start and learn the system.

Cons

It needs a better candidate tracking method. If a person applies to more than one job or to a job more than once - there is no feature to consolidate the candidate information. You spend a lot of time clicking between screens to figure out previous interactions. The customer service was hands down the absolute worst I have ever seen. Any time I had an issue - I would be told that it was my fault and...

AS

Amanda S.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Workable

We use Workable for the applicant tracking software they have. I started in HR when we already have the software since then I have gone through demos of other products that the company was looking to switch to and I always preferred the functionality of workable over other demos. It is so easy to use and keeps the hiring process easy to track. There are so many steps in the hiring process and this makes it much better. Overall great software.

Pros

The best part of the software is its functionality and ease of use. It is very easy to teach hiring managers to utilize this. The layout of the pages is easy to follow even for staff not really good with technology. It makes it so easy to track multiple applicants and multiple jobs. The support team is very quick to give feedback and help with any technical issues that may arise. They are also working on ways to innovate the hiring process and take feedback from users well. Highly recommended.

Cons

There really is not much about the software I don't like. The only suggestion I made, was to have a way to mask identifying features to hiring managers until through to the interview stage. One task I want to make sure I handle is non-discrimination, and masking names would for sure help with that process. I made this suggestion and their team reached out to me saying they were working on a way to do this.

VH

Victoria H.

Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal

Working with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have...

MK

Michael K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Easy to use product!

Pros

Functionality of the product is superb. Many of our hiring managers find it really easy to use. Often times, they don't even need a training on how to use the product. My favorite feature is the ability to email candidates directly from the software. It's a great way to keep yourself organized especially when you are emailing a dozen candidates. It also allows other hiring managers to see your emails that way they are aware of your progress with the candidate.

Cons

One thing I do not like about Workable is the fact that the hiring stages cannot be customized for each individual role. For example, if one role requires a phone interview and another does not, I cannot remove this phone interview stages for the role that does not require it. The hiring stages are "one size fits all."

CG

Cheryl G.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Simpsonville PD Review

I think it is a great program. I like the ease of posting and accessing so many people with the one post. I like the accessibility of resumes that can be attached.

Pros

I like how it branches out to many different companies with one posting. I also like the ease of how to contact the interested candidates.

Cons

I haven't fount a feature that I like the least. It is pretty simple to use and allows us to have access to a vast amount of people that we would not generally reach with just our website.

Great to hear we're hitting the mark, Cheryl. Thanks for your review, and for being a Workable fan!

EO

Elizabeth O.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

It was a great stepping stone

If you only need a few roles, and you want something super easy to use with basically no learning curve, this is a great option. If you need 5 or more open jobs at all times, you might benefit from shopping around.

Pros

Workable was VERY easy to use - the buttons are where you want them to be, it's easy to create new roles, emails, etc. My favorite piece was the clean/easy dashboard. An unlimited user is a nice feature. The scorecards are awesome and easy to use, and they are creating new helpful features like this all the time. Gmail integration works well.

Cons

Workable's pricing structure isn't conducive to our needs anymore, it's gotten expensive for the platform that it is. There's no email automation aside from template creation, you can't create different pipeline stages for different roles - you are stuck with one pipeline for all your reqs. Outlook integration does NOT work well.

MB

Mohamed B.

Very good Value for Money

the System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS the System features is developing which is something exciting.

Pros

1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS 2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System. 3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS 4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well 5- customizable pipeline. 6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS. 7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job. 8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate 9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment

Cons

1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages 2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited. 3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down

CW

Cinde W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

New pricing is making this product not a good choice for smaller companies with recruiters who need a feature rich ATS system.

This is a great product and I'm very frustrated that in a very short time they have cut out the smaller companies with their pricing. I really had not planned on looking at other ATS systems but worry what else is ahead for the "legacy" users.

Pros

Up till now I have been very happy with this product. New enhancements have slowly been coming out and when a bug is found it is reported and fixed in acceptable time. Support is very reactive and easy to work with. When I chose this software, I liked that they charged by the job and not by the user, since I'm the main one that uses it with 6 others using the interview part of the pipeline and we only need about 10 jobs at one time.

Cons

For my small boutique consulting firm, what turned out to be a pro has now turned into a con. the cost is the main issue.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

One of the best ATS for small and medium sized companies

The product was of great help while we were rapidly expanding without a structure to our hiring. Workable allowed us to customize the job flow as we required

Pros

The tool has been a great asset for your organization. it allows us to pick and customize the modules that we want to use and expand as we need. We also love the attention to detail and their understanding of the recruitment process. Features like easy sharing of profiles with hiring managers, candidate feedback and tracking have been built with great care and thought. Its made our recruiters work a lot easier

Cons

The software has certain drawbacks when implemented at a large scale. The ATS might not be the easiest to scale and minor bugs can be found occasionally.

MP

Matt P.

Great Platfrom for Internal Recruting

I have been using Workable for many years, at several different companies and can not say enough great things about this product. Its UI is fantastic, integration with sites such as indeed, monster etc. are seamless and have many other integrations are great.

Pros

What is there not to like. Pros 1. Low cost 2. Easy integration with O365 and Google 3. Collaboration/team sharing of information on candidates 4. Great UI 5. Easy integration to Co. website 6. Easy posting to both free and paid job boards

Cons

Cons 1. must be a premium license holder for some of the functionality and integrations and the price change is rather large moving from one license type to another. 2. no way to countersign offer letter 3. Would be nice if they could handle onboarding as well as an add on feature.

Thanks for your feedback! It's always great to hear about people who've used Workable at several companies.

RK

Roxy K.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Made my life easier!

Organized candidates, kept track of communications to candidates, easy to pull reports!

Pros

Keeping candidates organized, create own pipeline stages, communicate with others or with candidate directly.

Cons

Messages meant to be sent within the company were sent to the candidate by different stakeholders, ie more than one person made this mistake which means this is a flaw in the design. Talent pool was also a bit confusing, I'd like to move candidates from Talent Pool to a pipeline and vice versa.

DS

Diego S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Great Tool -- Some Room for Improvement

Workable is a great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels. There are some irregularities, such as issues where LinkedIn profile duplicates are not recognized when uploading a candidate via a link. With a large team, this adds an extra step to every upload by needing to double-check the system for a candidate prior to making an upload. Room for Improvement: Build out the Chrome extension to immediately recognize duplicates straight from the browser.

Pros

* Able to build out recruiting funnels/hiring process. * Wide variety of analytics to track recruiting KPIs. * Candidates can easily be tracked throughout the process. * Quickly pull up social media information.

Cons

* Gmail conversations do not always sync, which leaves you needing to use Workable. * Duplicates are not recognized by the system. * Social media information is not always accurate.

NJ

Nivin J.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Simple and effective applicant tracking system

Pros

Whatever advertisement you post, gets automatically posted in free job sites and you get more reach and this feature is available in both free and paid versions. The application is very cost effective. A clean and intuitive interface is provided. It is one of simplest applicant tracking system. The pipeline feature is very much customizable. You are provided with a people search google chrome extension...

Cons

The Application is a little pricey for small firms even though the features are well suited for startups.

SB

Shannon B.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Workable

Workable is an amazing product and it is ideal for recruiting in a professional work environment. I would highly recommend.

Pros

The program is easy to understand and use. The program offers flexibility in designing communication templates and the application. I appreciate the ability to directly link to my calendar.

Cons

Though I believe Customer Service has done a very nice job of helping me learn the system, it can be frustrating when I am looking for an answer quickly. Communication starts with an email or chat session which is not often returned until the next day.

IL

Inga L.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Review from a non HR person

our company uses the software because we do have a lot of hires and it saves terrific time for communication and reviewing candidates/ profiles.

Pros

I like the "all in one place" feeling and comments section. This was a new product to me and I found it usable, easy to learn and intuitive enough.

Cons

What I didn't like is delays in email notifications to my email when a new candidate or comments arrive. Somehow after I receive an email that a new candidate has applied, I go to the system and find out that this happened 6-8-12 hours before...