Workable Reviews

4.38/5 (252 reviews)

Rose Defeo

JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR, AND MORE!!!!

Reviewed 2015-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

The software is well thought out, and by far the ONLY affordable option we found on the market. The fact that our employment ads, once on Workable, automatically go out to many FREE job sites without any further action on our part is a huge plus and has led to our being able to have more applications to review (and even more than we can handle sometimes -- but that's HARDLY a complaint!) Workable has been a blessing to our company. I know that sounds cliche', but it's definitely true. I personally spoke with various vendors and attended a few online demos of other options, but the pricing was way beyond what our company's budget could handle! The President of our Company would only support monthly fees that were next to nothing, and I did not believe that such a product existed -- we had also searched a year or so ago, to no avail due to pricing. (Unfortunately I did not come across Workable at that time, or we would be a year into using it by now! The vendor has a helpful, down-to-earth approach. I have received an email or two (often from more than one rep) AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK asking how we like the product and if there is anything Workable can do to further support us. Workable's reps understand the right balance of "helpful". To receive phone calls would be annoying because our office environment is hectic and it's much more efficient to be able to communiate via email. I like receiving their messages, because it provides a quick and easy avenue to address questions or concerns. Any time I have asked a question through email, I have received a response very quickly.

Diana Helmuth

The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out

Reviewed 2017-07-11
Review Source: Software Advice

We're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting. After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently). To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now. Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation. Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it. -Incredibly intuitive interface -Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable) -Customizable pipeline -People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it. -Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium) -Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline. -On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.

Cinde Wakefield

New pricing is making this product not a good choice for smaller companies with recruiters who need a feature rich ATS system.

Reviewed 2017-11-08
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a great product and I'm very frustrated that in a very short time they have cut out the smaller companies with their pricing. I really had not planned on looking at other ATS systems but worry what else is ahead for the "legacy" users. Up till now I have been very happy with this product. New enhancements have slowly been coming out and when a bug is found it is reported and fixed in acceptable time. Support is very reactive and easy to work with. When I chose this software, I liked that they charged by the job and not by the user, since I'm the main one that uses it with 6 others using the interview part of the pipeline and we only need about 10 jobs at one time.

Victoria Hauber

Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal

Reviewed 2015-04-02

Working with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have quality candidates applying for each position we post. I love how un-cluttered Workable is. Workable has everything we need to successfully fill our positions, and has nothing that we don't need. Our company "careers" page looks very professional, modern, and we love that it can be used on its own as a link from our company page, or embedded via code into our page directly. I also enjoy the fact that if we're not reaching a good audience using the standard free listings, we have the option for a small fee to make our job posting premier or sponsored on the site of our choice for greater visibility. Haven't had to use this yet though as we're happy with the candidates currently coming in. It's really easy to add users, hiring managers, and external recruiters to Workable and assign job openings to them. We hire for a lot of different locations and it is great to have a manager 3000 miles away be able to manage their candidates on their own with ease. Resume upload and parsing is great and helped us from the transition from an old job posting portal to Workable. I uploaded hundreds of resumes from active jobs we had open with the old system into the new posts we made with Workable, and the process took all of 10 minutes with no data entry involved on my end. All our candidates are saved and attached to their proper jobs, and nothing was lost in the transition. Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support. Workable shows that they value their customers and will work with us to train us in their system, help with setup and any issues we may encounter. To be honest we don't really have a lot of issues with Workable to begin with, but the few we had (getting them set up as a vendor because they are not based in the US and basics of learning ins and outs of the system) have been resolved to our expectations. A+ service at an A+ value.

Caleb Wood

Easy to Use and Cost Effective

Reviewed 2018-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

It's a good company and a good platform that is easy to use. If you are looking for a more cost effective option and are okay with losing some of the features you would get with a bigger ATS, Workable is a good choice. They do focus on rolling out new features and I am excited to see what happens next with them. Very easy to use system, and the interfaces are intuitive for admins, users, and applicants. Each job goes out to 12 free job boards and candidates find it very easy to apply. Also allows candidates to apply with LinkedIn. Tracking of candidates through each job process is very easy with the "Bins" that peoples can flow through. Email templates, interview templates help keep the process simple and effective. Workable allows for each integration with HRIS, screening tools, and other interfaces.

Madelin Weston

My favorite ATS so far!

Reviewed 2017-10-03

The ease of use allows me to track my applicants in the most effective way. Workable saves me time in recruiting, with the options of templates, background checks, assessments, and other integrations.I really enjoy the ease of use. Everything is laid out in such a way, that you can navigate easily. I've trained a few people to use Workable, and they picked it up quickly. They also have many integrations that improve the value. The customizable pipeline is great, and they offer templates you can write, or use their provided ones. They have the option to drag and drop a resume, which will upload a candidate. I use this feature frequently and it is the quickest and most effective I've seen. Overall, Workable has the features I want most in an ATS.

Elizabeth OConnell

It was a great stepping stone

Reviewed 2017-06-07
Review Source: Software Advice

If you only need a few roles, and you want something super easy to use with basically no learning curve, this is a great option. If you need 5 or more open jobs at all times, you might benefit from shopping around. Workable was VERY easy to use - the buttons are where you want them to be, it's easy to create new roles, emails, etc. My favorite piece was the clean/easy dashboard. An unlimited user is a nice feature. The scorecards are awesome and easy to use, and they are creating new helpful features like this all the time. Gmail integration works well.

Joey Arthur

Clean Design / Terrible Company

Reviewed 2018-03-26
Review Source: Software Advice

I started a trial to find out how Workable could benefit our business and needless to say, I was unable to complete the Trial because I was asked to provide a Utility Bill or "Other business documentation" that includes my business address. Upon providing Paychex Invoices and Employment Tax Forms (sent directly from the state) that they ("Workable") will not be able to approve my job postings based on their guidelines and that this was their final decision. It seemed like Workable would have been a great choice if you can get past the verification process. Below is the email I was sent. " Hello Joey, We have passed this business documentation to our technical team for review. They have come back to us and based on the information provided, they will not be able to approve your postings again based on their guidelines. This is their final decision in regards to the jobs on the account, unfortunately. In our experience, it is unlikely there are any changes that will bring it within our guidelines for publication. In this case, it would be best to try posting on the job boards directly. I am sorry I can't be more helpful in this case. Juan Workable Customer Support"The overall look and feel of the interface is clean and easy to navigate. The pricing seems to be on the fair side.

Diego San Miguel

Great Tool -- Some Room for Improvement

Reviewed 2016-12-05

Workable is a great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels. There are some irregularities, such as issues where LinkedIn profile duplicates are not recognized when uploading a candidate via a link. With a large team, this adds an extra step to every upload by needing to double-check the system for a candidate prior to making an upload. Room for Improvement: Build out the Chrome extension to immediately recognize duplicates straight from the browser. * Able to build out recruiting funnels/hiring process. * Wide variety of analytics to track recruiting KPIs. * Candidates can easily be tracked throughout the process. * Quickly pull up social media information.

Arun Nikore

Used workable as user for over 2 years. Generally a good experience.

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Generally a good software for recruiting except for timeline and dates. Easy to use and handle.

Roxy Keshavarznia

Made my life easier!

Reviewed 2018-05-18

Organized candidates, kept track of communications to candidates, easy to pull reports!Keeping candidates organized, create own pipeline stages, communicate with others or with candidate directly.

Anonymous

Great customer service!

Reviewed 2017-11-27

It's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors. Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.

Shannon Blackstock

Reviewed 2017-12-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Workable is an amazing product and it is ideal for recruiting in a professional work environment. I would highly recommend.The program is easy to understand and use. The program offers flexibility in designing communication templates and the application. I appreciate the ability to directly link to my calendar.

Dennis Kim

Workable makes work more Workable (terrible title I know)

Reviewed 2015-02-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Our company previously used to use an email account and an Excel spreadsheet to manage job applications/potential candidates. Although it wasn't pretty, this method worked when our applicant pool was limited. When we moved to our new office, one of our main priorities was to heavily recruit interns/sales people. When the applications started pouring in, we knew that we had to find a program that would: -easily manage the applicants coming in -store all resumes/cover letters/information in one place -send out automated emails for different stages in the hiring process A representative from Software Advice suggested Workable to us, and after our first demo, we knew this was the perfect program for our small/mid level business. The interface is sleek and very user-friendly. What we found particularly helpful was the ability to streamline the applicants using a company-specific Workable page where applicants can submit their information/resume electronically. All in all, we are very happy with Workable and will continue to use it in the future.

Nicola Young

Very easy to set up, tidy simple process and dashboard

Reviewed 2017-07-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Work definitely recommend for those wanting to streamline recruitment and build a talent pipeline without an expensive outlay.Easy move through, simple to track notes and to share with hiring managers, easy tagging, not complicated, intuitive easy to manage the candidate experience.

Meredith Kertzman

Excellent ATS, excellent team! Great for small businesses.

Reviewed 2015-03-19

Overall, Workable is a great applicant tracking system (ATS). When my team was using a different ATS, every hiring manager began the meeting by telling me how much they hated that ATS. Once we switched to Workable, everything just worked the way it was supposed to. The hiring managers enjoyed using it too. Some of my favorite parts of it are: - it is very easy to set up - the UX is very clean and easy to use - the customer service is excellent - I always got speedy responses to any questions I asked! - the integrations with free/paid job boards is great, they offer a lot of options - they're constantly making improvements and adding new features - the 15 day trial is a great way to play around with it and see how easy it is to set up - the Chrome extension that allows you to import profiles into Workable Some small but standard features that I think it's missing are: - the ability to delay emails (i.e. if you're rejecting a candidate, have the email send in 1 or 2 days instead of immediately) - the ability to customize job pipelines for each role (you can customize it for the entire company, though!) We are switching to another ATS because we want more out of our ATS (offer letter integration, interview feedback, etc). However, Workable is a great tool! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to start using an ATS to organize their hiring, or anyone who is unhappy with their ATS and wants something basic but very solid. The ability to pay monthly without a contract is also appealing - you can try it out and then switch if you don't like it.

Kayla Slice

Workable - Great for handling applications, less great for proactive Recruiting

Reviewed 2017-07-21
Review Source: Software Advice

customizable application steps, posts to indeed, multiple users allowed without additional cost, easily syncs with gmail for retrieving email replies and tagging them to the candidate, retrieves social media profiles, able to customize questions on the front end

Lauren Munar

All your hiring needs in one place

Reviewed 2018-05-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Big fan. These folks got their product right. Highly recommend, especially for small teams with limited time to devote to the recruiting process. Totally streamlines everything!I've been involved in hiring for over a decade and have never found as great a tool as Workable! You can do just about everything through its interface: search, view resumes and screening questions, outreach, set appointments that sync with my calendar, compare candidates, share candidates, rate and comment on candidates (great for teams), easily follow candidates through their path to hiring, buy advertising with all the major job portals. This is everything I need to make hiring a snap!

Brad Price

It gets the job done without frills

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Workable isn't the most feature-filled option out there, but I kind of like that about it. It's to the point, good integrations for the most part, and effective. You also have lots of customizable options with regard to your desired pipeline flow.

Yuri Orlov

Great instrument for candidate management

Reviewed 2017-07-19

I like the parsing algorhytm of Workable: just enter the name and candidate's email and social profile's information will be parced from the net. Easy upload of CVs, great candidate management, erase of duplicated entries and check of CVs for duplicates, great system for team work, notices, shortlisting etc.

Annie Owen

Recruitment Manager Review

Reviewed 2015-11-30
Review Source: Software Advice

I really like how you can easily categorize job candidates. The ability to publish to multiple job sites simultaneously is convenient. I also like how easy it is to email candidates right from Workable. If I switch to my main email, Workable also allows me to import those emails with one click. I can add tags that make it easy to search for candidates later. I also really like the note system and that it leaves a time stamp.

Riaz Shoaie Baker

Great vision for a recruiting software

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2017-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I love the people search feature. If you guys can fix its limitation would be great. It integrates talent search with the hiring pipeline. When you identify a talent with "people search" you can access to his/her information from all the main social networks like Linkedin, Facebook, etc. Contact information is the most recently used. Customer service is eager to answer all the questions.

Robin Rajan

It is exactly a Human Resources choice

Reviewed 2018-04-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I had my HR team use this software and everyone told me that starting from maintaining the resume data till the candidate is onboarded the product employs all streamlined methods to ensure the data is stored correctly without any inaccuracy.

pankaj Tale

Workable Review

Reviewed 2018-04-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Workable is one of the best tool where the migration of your database is the easiest from you old system or database,supports clean and smooth mass mailing ,it is one of the tools where it has a extension for google chrome as well for one click and easy recruiting and many such other important features that you may need

Matthew Stedman

Workable Works

Reviewed 2015-03-17

Workable is a fantastic product for internal recruitment teams, with a great UX/UI and workflow. It completes our company careers page, looks great and has already started to attract quality candidates to our openings. We really couldn't be happier!Fantastic value for money, and complete flexibility across pricing plans! Custom Job Application Forms - helping you get as much information from the candidate as possible from the initial stages. Multiple Job Site Posting with ease. Social Recruiting - linking all of your social networks to make sure your jobs get optimum exposure. Team Involvement - you can add as many team members as you like to the system, and share as much or little as you like with the hiring managers. It is a much better way of controlling the review and interview processes, rather than simply relying on emails. Relevant Reporting & Analytic s - to help you see how your recruitment processes are performing, and also help you understand where you are having the most success when attracting new candidates.